Simply Filling/Core - Weekly Chat: November 16- November 22

Tejas
11-16-2009, 04:00 PM
:D

New Pages!

Tejas
11-16-2009, 04:01 PM
Hi:

There are posts from today on last week's thread, so you might want to read them and then come over to this week.

Maryann, we're all pulling for you. Crying is very helpful.

I've got to run, but I'm doing well. I didn't lose much this week; I'll try again.

Rhonda

ps: that's me on my spinning bike!

sloanie
11-16-2009, 05:01 PM
Hey chicks, I guess I have got to figure out how to post my pic as my avatar. You all look so good! Today was busy at school, and tonight is my Bible study. I'll have to check in when I get home. TTFN

Tejas
11-16-2009, 10:18 PM
Now just where is everyone? Now that I'm on the boards everyone has fallen silent. I won't take it personally.

I cannot believe that my weight is not moving down very quickly. But, I took pictures of myself today, a front view and a side view...my goodness the change is amazing. I'm going to take pictures every month to motivate myself even more. I'll post them if there is a change.

(Sandra, if you and Curtis are free, come to my house for Thanksgiving at 1:30!)

Rhonda

ontarget
11-16-2009, 10:19 PM
Rhonda, I love your photo. You're looking good, girl.

Sloan, it's fairly easy. You just need a photo that's about 2x2.

I didn't do well eatingwise today. Tomorrow's a new day. I don't know why I had problems today. I just didn't get my priorities straight.

sloanie
11-16-2009, 11:02 PM
Sandra, I have had the same problem. I was thinking of the quote that says: failing to plan is planning to fail. I think that's me. I have not been planning at all. I've got to do better or I will be in trouble by the time the holidays are over.

Rhonda, awesome photo. When I think of you I imagine you exercising, so the pic is perfect!

Vickie, I'm praying for you. Keep us posted.

I'm about to dig up my week one booklet, so I can count points for a few days. While remodeling, things have really gotten strewn about so I hope I can find it. Hopefully we are about to get the kitchen dry wall done so we can have counter tops installed. That was supposed to happen a few weeks ago, but DH hasn't been feeling well so we have been moving slow. It would be nice to have things done by Thanksgiving.

I've got to get to the bed before I fall asleep on the couch. Nighty, night!

Tejas
11-17-2009, 08:31 AM
Good morning:

Vickie, for what it's worth, I have a good friend who has about only 25% of his kidney function. He has had to make radical changes in his diet and take medication to bind potassium so that he can excrete it, but he can manage. I hope that your news is not too awful.

Sloan, I think going back to week one could be helpful: let us know. I'm going to stay focused on lean meat, eggs and salad this week, but not ignore the other important foods.

BBL,
Rhonda

beach bum
11-17-2009, 09:11 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Had a good nights sleep after the restless one I had the night before.Yesterday I was with my cansata group and played cards until it got dark.Not doing to much today,except for laundry and getting a few items at Walmart.

My sister is coming tomorrow and staying until Sat,when she taking me down to NY to be with the family a few days before Thanksgiving and than a few after.

W-I yesterday and for the 3rd week I stayed the same,have to break thi9s plateau. I guess I have to start exercising again.

Have a great day

ontarget
11-17-2009, 02:04 PM
We just finished lunch. So far--good choices today that should help me get where I want to be. That's about as good as it's going to get. One day at a time. Or should I say one minute at a time?

Sloan, week 1 refresher sounds good to me. I hope it helps you. That "honeymoon" feeling is pretty darn good to have. We've all been at this so long I know we get a bit bored and anxious to "get there."

Vickie, I'm sending you blinks. ;) ;);)

Rhonda, sounds like you're focused and dling well. I'll :ebike: tonight while watching "Biggest Loser." That show is a big inspiration for Curtis and me. We wish it would come on more than once a week.

Maryann, not sleeping well and stresscould also contribute to your maintaining. Your body may be holding on for energy.

beach bum
11-17-2009, 03:56 PM
Hi :)

SANDRA-I'm going to watch the B/L also tonight. I think along with stress:stress: I think I have to get back on my bike :ebike: again. I do walk to the mail box at the end of the block,but that only 10 mins round trip.

RHONDA-Thanks:thanks: I feel like a need a good cry,and some how it only lasts for a minute or tow and that I back to normal again. The VNA just called and she is going to get me into a bereavement program,that not to far away from my home. Wish I knew how to use a camera that was Leo job and all his camera equipment went top my DD.I have a digital and I still not sure how to use it and to get it on the :comp:computer.

sloanie
11-17-2009, 06:37 PM
Hey chicks, I appreciate the advice about going back to week one. The only problem I have with that right now is I can't find my book! This remodeling is making me nuts!!! I will have to go to a meeting to pick up another book. Oh well, I probably need a meeting anyway.

I've got lots to do right now, so I'll BBL

Tejas
11-17-2009, 08:20 PM
Hey, Sloan, make one point soup!!! That should do it. Oh, well, you do have to eat it, too. :)

ontarget
11-17-2009, 10:24 PM
Maryann, I'm glad you're going to a class. That's good. I'm trying to do 30 min :ebike: most days. Today I did 20 min.

Rhonda, you're a hoot! I love your sense of humor.

Sloan, go to a meeting and get the materials. Then make that soup and eat it. Or maybe make and eat the soup before you go to the meeting.

beach bum
11-18-2009, 09:05 AM
Hi Ladies:)

Just wanted to tell you that my sister is coming today and I won't be on the board until a few days after Thanksgiving.

Don't know where i going to be an Thanksgiving as my DD has the swine flu,and had 104 fever. If I don't go there I going to be with my sister and her family.

Pray for her that she's able to take care of her 4 small children.Her DH is home now,but if he doesn't get back to his busness it might fail,and than they'll really be in hot water.

See you all in 2 weeks.

Tejas
11-18-2009, 05:16 PM
Hi Everyone:

It seems we've lost Maryann for a while, and Vickie's gone silent. That leaves Sandra, Sloan, Paula and me....start talking!!!

I've made good choices today. Toast, pb and banana; lf yogurt; apple and lf cheese; butternut squash soup and wild rice salad so far. Getting hungry though.

I've had two of my private free weights classes and I love them. I'm so very sore though....she is really working me..which is what I want.

I'm doing yoga tonight and need to go eat something. Chicken and salad, I think.

Rhonda

sloanie
11-18-2009, 06:44 PM
Hey chickies, I had my annual mammogram today, what fun! I hope you all are keeping up with yours!!

Rhonda, one point soup is a great idea! I will eat it, but I could also soak my feet in it if they get cold! :rofl:

Sandra, I am going to a meeting at 5 pm tomorrow. There was not one tonight, so I'll have to wait til then. I am still walking every morning with my teacher friend. We walk for 30 minutes at 6:30 am before there are many students in the building. It is nice that we don't have to fight the elements and we get to visit, so it makes the time go by faster.

It looks like it might get kinda quiet on here for awhile. I'm anxious to hear from Vickie, and I hope Maryann does not get sick since her daughter's family already had the flu when they were together for the funeral.

DH and I are going to get some supper in a while. There is a "meat and three" near our house, and I plan to get some lean meat and lite veggies. I'll check back in later if I have time. TTFN

ontarget
11-18-2009, 07:27 PM
I'm here. I subbed 3rd grade today. The kids were precious. I'm subbing 7th grade Friday. Eatingwise, I did well today.

b--banana
l--bb cookie, 1 pt bagel, WW TV dinner
s--WW cake/ice cream/a few pecans
d--WW TV dinner/sliced tomatoes.

Are ya'll impressed? Tomorrow we're going out to lunch then to a movie. We're going to see "2012."

Rhonda, lifting free weights sounds good. You're right. We needto keep the board moving. Maybe there are some "lurkers" out there who will post with us.

Sloan, I didn't realize you were walking thatg early every morning. Way to go, girl!

sloanie
11-18-2009, 08:31 PM
Sandra, are you trying to eat the frozen dinners for most meals? I was thinking about doing that for at least a few days, but I'm not sure. Should I go back to counting points or just try to do hard core? Of course, I want to get this five pounds off, but I also want to be successful.

I'm glad you enjoyed the third graders. I don't think I could keep up with them! When you sub for that grade, do you teach? In high school, our subs usually just maintain order and give the students an assignment that they can do by themselves. I hope the seventh graders are as much fun as the third graders.

Rhonda, did you make the butternut squash soup? I'd like that recipe if you did. I'm glad you are enjoying the free weights. i have used them before, and I really enjoyed it.

I'm about to hit the couch with DH, so I'll check in tomorrow after school. Have a good night, chicks.

ontarget
11-18-2009, 09:28 PM
Sloan, I am eating WW TV dinners for most meals but I got "off" last weekend. Now I'm trying to undo what I did. You have to do what will work best for you. If I were strong enough, I'd eat core foods but count points. I honestly think that works best. I'm using the TV dinners to give me variety and portion control.

The elementary teachers leave a lot of work for the students. Today I did teach fractions, though. I taught math and science. I had 2 different groups of students. One group all morning and the other all afternoon. I was pooped by the end of the day and couldn't wait to get a Diet Coke. I'd have had double caffeine if I could have found it. Those younger ones do keep you busy.

I was busy all day. I'm thinking 7th grade math will be more like teaching high school, except I'll probably have to be on my feet more walking the aisles keeping the students on task.

ontarget
11-19-2009, 10:59 AM
Whoa! It is quiet here if I'm back to back posting.

We're going to Cracker Barrel for lunch today then on to the theater. I'm having a veggie plate.

So far today:

b: banana

Vickie
11-19-2009, 11:40 AM
I'm here Chicks! I'm reading and keeping track of my favorite chicks. I just don't feel like posting right now. I know I need help but I'm not even sure what that means yet. I'm trying to wrap my head around and understand what I'm facing with my kidneys. My Nephrologist says the most important things for me now are reduced sodium, keeping low blood pressure, exercise, and losing weight. So I'm trying to just continue to focus on what I was doing. She says that JC, WW, and Seattle Sutton are all kidney friendly diets. That made me feel better.

I know you are all well. I'm also trying to get organized for the holidays even though I'm not really in the spirit yet. I'm hoping that holiday plans will perk me right up!

Drink your water. I KNOW I am! It's good for my kidneys.

Tejas
11-19-2009, 06:49 PM
Good to hear from you, Vickie...keep your spirits up and keep on keepin' on.

Sloan and Sandra, I'm counting and eating Core. I'm determined to break this plateau, and to do it this week. I didn't make the soup, bought it at a sweet little cafe with good food.

Today I had:

ww toast (2)
1T PB
1 banana
tomato soup
Babybel light cheese (2)
egg white omellette with green onion and red pepper (1T olive oil)
1 cup skim milk
salad with lots of red pepper, apple and chicken breast
2 points worth of dark chocolate
lots of water

My friend and I are going out to a Tapas restaurant and I'll have to be careful. I had weight training today, and it was intense. I sweat more in that class than I do in spinning!

Rhonda

ontarget
11-19-2009, 06:50 PM
Vickie, it's good to see you here. I'm glad you're doing what you need to do. Keep chugging that water. I'll try to drink more, too.

b--banana
l--Cracker Barrel Vegetable plate and 1 corn muffin
s--Fiber One Bar
s--WW cake/WW ice cream
d--WW TV dinner

ontarget
11-19-2009, 06:51 PM
Rhonda, you're doing great. You should break that plateau soon.

Tejas
11-19-2009, 07:08 PM
I've been over looking at pictures on mini-goal thread. So inspiring; worth a look.

Rhonda

ontarget
11-19-2009, 09:23 PM
Just had some grapes. Now I'll head over to peek at the photos.

Tejas
11-19-2009, 10:02 PM
I had 3 scallops, cooked in butter (but I didn't eat the sauce) and 1 glass of red wine. My personal trainer was part of the party tonight and we decided that when I move we'll try to do our weight lifting class on webcam. Won't that be a hoot!

Sloan, somehow I never thought of zero point soup as part of foot care, but I can see that I must have a limited imagination.

sloanie
11-19-2009, 10:03 PM
Hey chicks. I have to confess that I did not go to a meeting, but I did find my ww book. It took me forever to find it tonight. It had fallen into one of the kitchen cabinets between some pans (remember we don't have countertops, yet). A couple of WW buddies at school and I have decided to form an accountability group. We will meet once a week to weigh and discuss our progress. I hope this works out because I think it is a good idea. I'll keep you posted.

Vickie!!! I'm so glad to hear from you!!! I've been prayin' for you and hoping that you are doing well. Did your nephrologist say what she thinks is causing your kidney problems? It sounds like she thinks the changes she wants you to make will help keep things under control. I hope so. Let us know how you are doing?

Rhonda and Sandra, I'm so impressed with your menus. I will start tomorrow. I think I will try to count points and eat only core foods. I have a Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday, though. I plan to use my wpa's for that. Wish me luck!!!

I've gtg help DS with a paper, so I'll check in tomorrow. Nighty night!

nancy237
11-19-2009, 11:07 PM
I'm pretty stressed this week which is unusual for me.
Just too much stuff hitting at one time..
Misbehaving teenager, 3 year old frig that must be replaced because of bad compressor, broken pool pump, hubby out of work.
I have been stress eating but haven't gained..

The broken frig means not much to eat here anyway.

Tejas
11-20-2009, 09:37 AM
It all happens at once, doesn't it, Nancy! I wish you good luck with it; you're doing well not to have gained during this time.

So far today, I've had coffee, ww toast, 1T pb and a banana. I've got a lunch date, but I know where we're going and they have good choices...and I'll make them.

I've got a busy day so I won't be on again until tonight.

Sloan, an accountability group at work sounds very helpful.

Oh, btw, my DH bought a Bowflex. Let's all wish him good luck with that!

Rhonda

ontarget
11-20-2009, 06:10 PM
Good luck to Doyle with the Bowflex. I wish him many happy hours of burning calories.

Nancy, sounds like you have a lot going on for sure. Congratulations on not gaining.

Sloan, your support group sounds good. We did that at school once. We'd each put a dollar in the pot and whoever lost the most by the end of the month got the $$. We didn't pay attention to percentages. We just counted the pounds.

b--bb cookie
l--banana, granola bar
d--Subway sandwich
s--WW ice cream/WW cake

sloanie
11-20-2009, 06:35 PM
Hey chicks. I'm on program so far today. Counting points.
B-banana and granola bar 6 points
L-ww frozen dinner and orange 5 points
S-lite popcorn 1 point

I'm planning on having a soy chicken patty and veggies for dinner. I only have 7 points left, so I have to be careful.

I have walked every morning this week, and I'm proud of that. I always feel better when I exercise in the morning.

Sandra, I like the idea of a little friendly competition with the weight loss. Who was in charge of your weigh ins when you had your group at school? We are not sure how to get this group organized, so if you have any input it will be appreciated.

Rhonda, I hope Doyle likes his bowflex. My DS really likes ours. I still haven't gotten him to show me how to use it. Maybe over Christmas break!

Nancy, sorry you are having trouble. I hope everything straightens out quickly. Hang in there! You could put the teenager and husband in the fridge and shove them in the pool just before you run away!! :rofl:

Vickie, hope you are okay!

Hope you all are having a good night! I'll check in later.

ontarget
11-20-2009, 08:16 PM
Sloan, I think it was the school secretary who kept the $$, but I'm not sure. I think anyone who was willing to keep the $$ and to keep names/weigh-ins would be all right.

I had a few pecan halves tonight. Curtis shells'em and I eats'em. Well, we both ate them.

Tejas
11-20-2009, 08:44 PM
Nancy, I second Sloan's suggestion!

Good for you Sloan with the walking. Keep it up!

I had an omellette, with about 1/2 cup potatoes, salad and a glass of white wine for lunch. I'll count it as 12 points at least. I had 6 points for breakfast, so that's 18. I'm just having soup for dinner, and I had a small cookie at pottery class. I drank a lot of water today too.

I'm headed to be early tonight I think. So, have a good night all.

Rhonda

nancy237
11-20-2009, 11:46 PM
Nancy, sorry you are having trouble. I hope everything straightens out quickly. Hang in there! You could put the teenager and husband in the fridge and shove them in the pool just before you run away!! :rofl:

Nancy, I second Sloan's suggestion!

Rhonda

You guys are going to feel strange if I am on headline news doing just that...
It sounds like a great plan :chin:

Today was better.. New refrigerature comes in the AM...
Not having one has made me realize how much I take for granted..
I am heading into the holidays drained and tired so will you
gals pray for me to focus on the "reason for the season".

Tejas
11-21-2009, 12:00 PM
Nancy, we will do just that. But, what else can we do for you? I'll give you some unsolicited advice. If you're tiring yourself out doing for others, quit! Unless someone is totally dependent on you, they can most likely take care of themselves. Say NO more often. I'm famous here in Toronto for offering "NO therapy", free! Unless you're a bad person (and we know you're not!), say NO to feeling guilty; say NO to meeting everyone's unmet needs; say NO to "oh Mom, puhleezzzeee"; or whatever else is draining you. You are also no good to anyone else if you aren't good to yourself.

Ahem, end of this therapy session.

I've been to exercise in the park, spinning, breakfast out, and a long walk home. Now, I've got a few errands to run, but mostly I'm chilling for the day. I might meet the ex's niece and her kids, or might not!

Drink water, stay OP, move around, and have a good day!!

:coach:
Rhonda

ontarget
11-21-2009, 02:17 PM
Rhonda, I took a one week course on time management at TCU. We worked one whole session on saying no.

We're having an easy day. My eating's been a little "heavier" than days I'm eating WW TV dinners.

b--bb cookie
l--oven fried chicken
mashed potatoes, no-fat gravy, chili beans, 1 biscuit
s--WW ice cream/WW cake
d--back to WW TV dinners.

sloanie
11-21-2009, 05:49 PM
One day on, one day off, one day on, one day off. Will I ever get it right? Tonight is the annual Thanksgiving dinner at my mom's church, and this is one of the "one day off's". Oh well, I did get the ingredients for the 0 point soup and will make it tomorrow.

Nancy, I said a prayer for you the minute I read your post. I'll be looking for you on the tube ;) I'm with Rhonda and the NO therapy. Be good to yourself, and don't feel guilty about having a "no frills" holiday. Sometimes those are the best ones!

Rhonda and Sandra, I hope you are having a nice evening.

I'm about to go to eat, so I'll check in later. TTFN

Tejas
11-21-2009, 08:28 PM
I've had too much to eat today, but it was all healthy. I was going to have a light dinner but went out and had grilled fish, risotto, and bok choy, and one glass of white wine. Not bad at all, but more than I was planning. Well, tomorrow is another day!

Night all,
Rhonda

sloanie
11-21-2009, 09:46 PM
Rhonda, you did better than I did !! I won't list what I ate, but I will say that it was very good. I WILL make my 0 point soup tomorrow, and I bought some ww frozen meals for lunch next week along with lots of fruit.

We will be working on the house tomorrow. I think we are actually going to get the counters on Monday. It seems like each time we have scheduled them, something has happened and we were not ready. We will hang and finish some small areas of drywall so that after the counters are installed, we will have only minimal touch up to do before we paint.

I'm getting sleepy, so I'll say good night!!

ontarget
11-22-2009, 07:43 PM
I had more than I should have today, too. Oh, well, life goes on.

Rhonda, sounds like you did better than I did, too.

Sloan, sounds like you are well-armed for the coming week. Have TV dinners will travel. I have some, too.

sloanie
11-22-2009, 08:59 PM
My eating has been good today. So far, I've had 16 points, and it's almost 8pm. I will have a piece of fruit before bed, and that will be all. Why can't I do this every day?

I made the soup today and had a veggie burger crumbled in it for lunch. It was awesome! I let the veggies "sweat" before I added the liquids. I had cabbage, onion, turnip, yellow squash, green beans, carrots, crushed tomatoes with basil, low sodium/low fat chicken broth, and garlic. I will be eating it for the rest of the week along with my frozen dinners. Wish me luck!!

Have a good night, chicks!