100 lb. Club - 100 lb Accountability 16 - 22 November

nicolen
11-16-2009, 01:32 AM
Do you need accountability? A place to post your menu or your plan for the day? Please post here. Everyone is welcome.

nicolen
11-16-2009, 01:42 AM
Hello lovelies!

So much to talk about tonight, so it's going to be a bit of a novel, sorry! Anyway, the wedding was fantastic. I'm going to post photos, but it won't be tonight since I have to download them off the camera and resize them. I'm going to try for tomorrow and see how it goes. The bride was so beautiful and they were both so very happy. The service itself was quite long, but that was mainly because the bride was over an hour late - when they got back after getting the hair and makeup done whanau (family) staying with them hadn't even started getting ready, so that just delayed things a bit more. It was a very typical Maori wedding - lots of speeches, karakia (prayers) and waiata (songs). I tried to get on the site yesterday, but the site didn't come up at all, but looking around I see there were issues.

Anyway, yesterday was very quiet which was good and I'm still a bit tired today. I didn't make it to the gym - the zip on my backpack broke and since the only other bag I own that would hold all my work clothes etc was a suitcase, it felt like a bit of overkill. So I bought a new pack after work tonight and am ready to go for a while.

My scales have been doing interesting things. According to them, I've put on about 10 lbs, but my clothes certainly don't feel like I've put on that much - if anything they're a smidgeon looser than they have been. I might just check my weight at the gym tomorrow and see what the number's are like there. Not sure whether the battery in the scales are going or whether there's another issue....

Anyway, that's me. Like I said I'll try and get a couple of photos posted tomorrow, but I will definitely post them by the end of the week.

Have fun!

Slashnl
11-16-2009, 10:41 AM
Here we are, Monday morning. I went to the gym and got on the eliptical, then worked on abs. I wasn't really happy with the scale because it went up .6 of a pound. I really thought I'd see a loss. But, I'll stick with it. There aren't any other options, are there? Ha!

Have a good day everyone.

raebeaR
11-16-2009, 11:02 AM
I'm fighting the scale here, too. Honestly, I haven't deviated off my plan one iota and I've been diligent about exercise as well... and the stupid thing just bounces up, down, up, down. I'm beginning to wonder if I'll EVER see 241... but as Slashnl points out, there aren't any other options except to keep shuffling forward (and back, and forward, and back...)!!!

Another busy week this week before having to travel for business... I'll be so glad when all this is over (sometime in the first part of January).

nicolen, looking forward to seeing your pics!! Sounds like an entertaining wedding! :)

Slashnl, I'm sure you'll see that loss in another day or so. Cheers for working out on the elliptical... those things scare me. :)

Off to go listen to my Wii Fit chastise me for weight gain (probably)....

Have terrific days, all!!

Rae

rakel
11-16-2009, 11:55 AM
I'm glad this site seems to be working again. I did good in some areas, but bad in others this weekend. Overall, I stayed on plan except I went around 400 or so calories over on Saturday. I haven't got on the scale yet, but I probably will tonight while I do my wii fit exercises.

BTW, I have a digital scale that does not read over 308.5 lbs. So I would step on it for a long time and thought I was maintaining at that weight, but when I got on the wii fit it had said I was over 320... so much for maintaining! I didn't think that the scale would stop there, but I guess it does? I don't know about that thing! hah.

raebeaR
11-16-2009, 12:19 PM
Well, I saw 241. :D On to 239!!! :carrot:

rakel... that digital scale was a cruel joke, wasn't it? But before you know it, you'll be watching the numbers on it go down and down and down!! 400 calories isn't bad. Pat yourself on the back for getting right back on your plan!!

Rae

girlonfire
11-16-2009, 02:02 PM
I think my scale is playing tricks on me. I keep fluctuating between 232 and 216 pounds. I am keeping my ticker as is until I get home. Anyways, onto food for the day!

B: 1 egg, 1 piece sausage, 1 piece toast
L: 1 salad(cabbage, shredded carrots, quinoa, beets) with .5 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette and 1 apple. Lots of water
S: 1 apple, 1 cashew, and 1 french cookie
D: .25 cup potato salad, 1 piece polenta w/tomato sauce, .5 serving shepherds pie, 1 little pudding cup, .25 cup popcorn. More water
Total cals: 1528

Exercise: 30 min walking/jogging.
Total cals: 309

mj5
11-17-2009, 02:11 PM
Hi everyone! I am having a horrible time accessing this site. I am at work and really don't have time to catch up, but wanted to pop in and say hi!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Slashnl
11-17-2009, 04:41 PM
I've been having trouble too getting on this site. Then I was really busy this morning.
Anyway, I had a good workout this morning, doing my spin class. The regular instructor wasn't there and the one substituting today is one really tough. She gives a good workout, but does not allow for slacking at all! ha! So, it was good, I needed it. I wasn't great yesterday at lunch. I really do better if I just stick to my normal lunch, but a friend wanted to go out to eat. I think I have to do that every once in a while, but I really prefer just having what I bring. I can control that so much better.

MJ: Maybe we can get past all of the tough accessing of the website. I know it drives me crazy. Gotta have my fix!

Peachy: Those scales can be so funny, can't they? Well, funny isn't the right word, but...

raebeaR: Oh boy! You're close to getting out of the 240's. (I'm just hoping to get in them!!!)

Rakel: Hopefully the wii was nice to you!

Well, better go. Have a great day everyone!

rakel
11-17-2009, 06:31 PM
The wii fit made some comment about how I've been so regular, I can't remember the exact verbiage... I'm just glad that I'm getting some use out of it since I purchased it and all. I'm looking forward to being able to do ALL of the exercises. Some of the exercises are just too difficult for me to do in this extra extra extra extra large body. I am sooo ready to be out of the 300s.

Judy Lynn
11-17-2009, 07:51 PM
I see you all talking about the wii fit. Can someone fill in this old technology challenged broad in as to what it is? Is it difficult to use, from a technology standpoint? What kind of things can you do with it? I need something to motivate me to get back into exercise.

raebeaR
11-17-2009, 11:35 PM
Hi, Judy Lynn,

The Wii Fit bundle might be just the thing for you -- it has certainly gotten me moving!! It's a gaming console by Nintendo, only it's interactive. You hook it up to your tv, place a sensor bar on the top and the software interacts with a balance board and remote control device which the user operates. All these items, plus the software, come with the Wii Fit bundle.

The basic software program comes with "instructors" who teach you basic yoga poses and strength training for beginners. It also has games to help you develop your balance, agility and put you through cardio routines. You can do such things as run through a race course, ski jump down a slope, hula hoop, do some light step aerobics... lots and lots of things. I haven't tried everything yet, and like rakel, I'm still too big to do some of the exercises/routines. But I will!! :carrot: Also, as you progress you begin to unlock more advanced levels of activity, so no chance of getting bored anytime soon.

The system keeps track of your weight, BMI, strengths, weaknesses and progress. It's really, really fun!!

Hope this helps explain. :)

Rae

mj5
11-18-2009, 03:36 AM
Good Morning! Finally I can access the site!!!

nicolen--Glad you had a great time at the wedding!!!

Diane--Keep at it, the scale will catch up! Great job at your spin class. A work friend and I treat ourselves to one lunch out a week. She has recently started to try eating healthier, so it makes it MUCH easier. We are having fun choosing restaurants where we know we can make healthy choices together. I agree, though, it is so much easier to control your packed lunch!

rae--That's awesome! Keep at it!!!

rakel--great job staying on track over the weekend!

peachykean--Looks like you are doing really well!

Has anyone heard from Beverlyjoy? I'm concerned about her son.

lottie--how's the job?

Rhonda--How are you?

hi to everyone else who pops in!!!!

I have been doing well with food and "ok" with exercise. My dh is helping so much now that he is trying to eat healthier as well. We are going to visit dh's family this weekend and we have already talked about a plan for food. We are going to take some healthy snacks with us and are planning for meals as well. We have NEVER done this before.

Last night I stopped at the store to pick up a few things and while I was checking out the person in front of me had a cart full of junk food. I had a cart full of healthy stuff. To be honest, the junk food didn't even look tempting and I was SO hungry!!!

Tonight I am going to the bare escentuals boutique for a "girlfriend party" I actually won it and am super excited because I never win!!!! I get to invite four people and we'll get our make up done, and have fun. I am a total make up junkie, so I can't wait!!!

Have a great OP day everyone!!!

dgramie
11-18-2009, 08:30 AM
hi..life has been busy as always and hubby has been spending more time on the computer. I am doing great with my points.Its interesting to me to see the difference between just counting calories and WW points. Its a real eye opener!! Hoping this will get my scales moving downward again. I weigh in tommorow so im excited to see what I have done. My sister said not to expect a big loss because I have been counting calories all along and not just starting to diet.I will be happy with any loss!!

food today
breakfast- oatmeal 2pts
apple 2pts
coffee 1pt
lunch- grilled cheese and tomato soup 6.5pts
dinner- chicken and veggies

rakel
11-18-2009, 12:41 PM
I'm eating lunch, and seriously downed the whole thing in a matter of 10 - 15 minutes. I think my biggest challenge is to SLOW DOWN. arg. I do a bit better at home, but at work I just feel so rushed.

girlonfire
11-18-2009, 03:32 PM
I went over my cals a little bit today. And yesterday. About 500 for each day combined. Yesterday was about 1928 and today is 1750. My calorie range is 1500-1600, so tomorrow I have to step it up a little bit. I didn't exercise yesterday(I did wander around Paris for 2 hours though) and today I danced around my room a lot. That counts I guess.

Slashnl
11-19-2009, 11:52 AM
Boy, yesterday was a tough day, so I didn't get online here. Work was awful, so that really burned the rest of the day. I think my boss is losing her mind. But, as she says, she has "over 30 years experience in insurance". I just think that if that is the only response you have to a disagreement in procedural issues, you don't know what you are talking about. I felt like saying that I have 24 years of experience and the others at the table also have many years experience, so what's your point? Experience does not mean you are always right.

Spin class was good today. I was trying to watch the clock, but it was at an angle that I couldn't see it very well. I won't be using the bikes on that side of the room anymore. Ha! I need to be a clock watcher, just hoping that the class will end. It is always a great workout. I had to laugh because I noticed that the gym will be open from 5 am to 2 pm on Thanksgiving Day. It never occurred to me before to go to the gym on T-Day. But, prior to March of this year, I didn't have a good commitment to exercise. So, I told my parents who will be with us that I will head out early to the gym, but be back in time for turkey preparation!! I'm not trying to pat myself on the back (or maybe I am), but I feel so good about the change in attitude that I have had over the past year. Anyway... moving on.

MJ: That is so good that you are eating so healthy. That's a great change to make in your life, too. Have fun at your party.

dgramie: Good luck at your weigh-in! I hope you are rewarded for all of your hard work!

Rakel: Gosh, I hear you. When you're at work, it's hard to take your time eating lunch. Everything is a rush!

So, I'm wondering about Beverly, too. I hope everything is ok!
Lottie and Rhonda: We'd love to hear from you too!!

Have a great day everyone!

girlonfire
11-19-2009, 02:04 PM
Okiedoke here goes! I ate very well today, went over my goal by about 50 cals, but everything I ate was healthy: all veggies, a little rotisserie chicken, fruit, yogurt, lentils, an egg, and some delicious french baguette with a small bried wedge! Total calories: 1650

Judy Lynn
11-19-2009, 07:48 PM
Hi, Judy Lynn,

The Wii Fit bundle might be just the thing for you -- it has certainly gotten me moving!! It's a gaming console by Nintendo, only it's interactive. You hook it up to your tv, place a sensor bar on the top and the software interacts with a balance board and remote control device which the user operates. All these items, plus the software, come with the Wii Fit bundle.

The basic software program comes with "instructors" who teach you basic yoga poses and strength training for beginners. It also has games to help you develop your balance, agility and put you through cardio routines. You can do such things as run through a race course, ski jump down a slope, hula hoop, do some light step aerobics... lots and lots of things. I haven't tried everything yet, and like rakel, I'm still too big to do some of the exercises/routines. But I will!! :carrot: Also, as you progress you begin to unlock more advanced levels of activity, so no chance of getting bored anytime soon.

The system keeps track of your weight, BMI, strengths, weaknesses and progress. It's really, really fun!!

Hope this helps explain. :)

Rae

Thanks Rae, I just may have to Ask Santa for one. ;)

mj5
11-20-2009, 08:50 AM
Hi everyone! Work is super hectic and I have had something going on every night after work too...I am SO tired and SO very glad it's friday!!!!

I will get caught up w/ everyone soon!!!!!

katkitten
11-20-2009, 08:51 AM
hi ev1! I'm still pretty new here so I hope you all dont mind me stopping in! Ive been really doing poorly the past few days so I thought this might help. Sunday my friends were throwing a going away party for someone and they are all such good cooks that i ate and ate. Then Monday was my dad's birthday and we pigged out on cake and fritos lol. Then, Tuesday I went to work and found out I'll be off orientation as a new nurse next monday. I'm pretty freaked about it and I reverted to my comfort foods (mcdonalds) on the way home and ate 2 more pieces of cake. Then there was a party at work Wed and I pigged out at that too!!!! bleah.

Yesterday, I was good and I burned 450 calories on the elliptical and I ate healthy foods. However, I overate healthy foods so I ended up eating 2000 calories. But today I will do better! I'm going to the gym in a bit and will eat the following:

Breakfast: 1 whole wheat english muffin (120 cal)
egg beaters (120 cal)
ham (100 cal)
Lunch: 2 cups of mixed fruit (140 cal)
0.5 cup of lowfat cottage cheese (90)
snack: salad with 2 tbs of oil and vinegar (260ish)
Dinner: the people from the lab i used to work at are going out to celebrate their current grasshoppers turning 200 days post-molt lol so we are going here:
-oh. it wont let me post links yet but you can google Shakti Life Kitchen in Jacksonville florida- Its a vegetarian restaurant
(because grasshoppers are vegetarians :D )
I know i should stick with the salads but some of those sammys sound really yum so I might have to try. I'm not sure how many calories they would be though....but I'm allowing 700 calories for dinner...
snack-my calorie goal today is 1700....so I have 130 cals to spare...so I'll have steamed veggies....

Have a good day ev1!

rakel
11-21-2009, 12:00 PM
Yesterday I "slipped off the wagon" so to speak, but it didn't seem to slow my progress down any. Some ladies came into our office yesterday and handed out choc. chip cookies. I ate two. Then for dinner we went to Smokey Bones, and went over my calories. But I'm not too disappointed about it and here's why:

We got two appetizers because they were half off, and I don't like the buffalo style sauce while my husband does, so we got two different kinds. We got the smoked ones (not fried) and dipped them into the sauce -- this gave me the control over how much of the sauce I used, so I used just enough for the flavor without having the sauce everywhere. On my potato, I usually ask for extra, extra sour cream, but this time I didn't... which believe me is a big step. I only ate my garden salad, about 5 wings, and half of the potato. I was full, but not stuffed. When I got home, I was tempted to have some sort of sweet lo-cal treat, but instead I logged my calories, remembered about the cookies I ate earlier, and decided that I was really not hungry at all and that it was not worth it to slow my progress, and resisted. So yes, although it's maybe not the BEST choice to get a potato and chicken wings, and eat cookies, I'm starting to get a feel for this whole moderation thing. I can still eat the things I like, just not all of the time and definitely not in excess.

At any rate, this morning I just finished my body test on the Wii fit and I'm down another 1.5lbs, which I am totally stoked about. I was so excited I had to come and update my ticker and let you all know! :hug: But now I need to go back and do my workout, so take care all!

Katkitten: I'm eating around 1,900 - 2,000 calories a day (and sometimes I go over, too), and we're only about 20lbs difference in weight... you might be able to still lose on a little more calories a day. I think for that reason alone I might be more successful this time. The last time I lost weight I was successful, only until I couldn't stand "dieting" anymore... I was hungry all of the time. And the reason was because I was going too fast with it. I was eating around 1,500 calories a day and burning around 500-600. You may be less inclined to over eat if you are eating an additional 100 - 200 calories a day, and that shouldn't slow your progress too much. Might even help! Just something to consider. I have an account with Daily Plate, and when I use their calorie goal calculator and go at a steady pace of 2lbs per week, it says I can eat 2,500 calories a day, and if I exercise, I have the option to eat even more. So I know that if I have a bad day and go over my calories by 400 - 500, I'm STILL going to lose weight, because the amount of calories I'm burning every day exceeds what I am eating, even when I eat that much. Of course that will change as we lose weight and get leaner, our bodies work less and require fewer calories to operate. For that reason, I plan on recalculating every 20lbs or so lost.

Oh yeah, exercising... right, back to that ;)

Slashnl
11-21-2009, 12:16 PM
Hi everyone. I meant to get on here yesterday and I just didn't get anything posted. Kind of having an emotional time here. Nothing awful, in fact it is really good, but just very emotional. (Long story short: my sister gave her baby up for adoption when we were teenagers. He is now 29 years old and just recently got in contact with me. She's not in contact with him, but I needed to be a part of his life. He's a great person and I'm getting so close to him. It is just really emotional though.)

Anyway, sticking with working out and making good food choices! I'm way distracted right now, but keeping on task!

Have a good weekend everyone.

raebeaR
11-21-2009, 12:58 PM
Hi, all,

Very busy time of year here for me. I've been working non-stop over the past week and will be on the road for awhile starting next week... so much to do in order to get ready to go.

For reasons unknown, my weight loss has stalled out. I have no idea why. I've stuck fast to my food plan (South Beach), done my exercise, and... nuttin'. I've been bouncing around 241 for about 10 days. I'm trying not to panic. I'm fairly early in my weight loss journey -- much too soon for a plateau! -- and I'm doing everything right: Medications (thyroid) at the right time; getting in lots of water; exercise; food plan (calories between 1,400-1,700/day, more toward 1,400)... not a single grain carb has passed my lips since October 16th, and not a drop of alcohol, either. What's wrong?

Typical day of food:

B: 1 hardboiled egg, 1 light BabyBel cheese (50 cal.), 2 sl. smoked Deli ham (40 cal.), 1 can V-8 juice (70 cal.)

S: 1 apple

L: 1 cup homemade chili with lots of pinto beans (150 cal.)

S: 1 measured oz. dry-roasted peanuts (160 cal.)

D: 4 oz. broiled salmon, 1 1/2 cups steamed green beans

S: 1 cup SF cocoa (115 cal.)

Adding to the case of nerves is, I have a.. uhh... oh, what are those called? Oh, yeah -- a DATE -- a week from Monday. This is a very big deal. My beloved husband passed away very unexpectedly a little over 2 years ago, and since then I've not let anyone near my heart... until now. And only a little.

Long story short, this man was a gentle flirtation in years past during a former work life and was widowed himself last August. His feelings for me were strong and though he did not traverse his marriage vows in any way, I was not surprised to hear from him shortly after his wife passed. We've renewed our friendship over the past few months and he came up to see me this past September -- so he knows the worst about my weight gain (about 100 lbs. since he knew me before!). Doesn't seem to notice it, and wants to get together for lunch while I'm on my travels. I worry that, standing next to normal-sized people instead of a horse, it will become readily apparent to him that I'm HUGE... nervous. Very nervous. Oh well, can't be helped... what is, is.

Slashnl, how fantastic that you are in touch with your nephew. I'm sure it is an extremely important link to him. I hope you can enjoy the good and take the bad in stride. :hug:

rakel, you're controlling your intake, and that's all anyone can ask of you! I think you're doing a fantastic job! :carrot:

katkitten, welcome! Same to you re controlling your intake... it's all an important step toward your success, and you'll fine tune what you're eating as you go along. :)

mj5, I hope things slow down for you soon -- I so feel your pain!! It's hard to keep up with a weight loss plan when you're running your head off. Kudos to you for sticking with it during a rough time!

peachykeen62, sounds like you're on track... Excellent. :) Nice to "meet" you!

Sorry this all got so long... I appreciate everyone's encouragement and suggestions so much!!

Rae

rakel
11-21-2009, 01:12 PM
Why is it that when I measure myself before and after I exercise, after I exercise I'm almost a pound lighter? I'm thinking it's just due to water/fluids, but man. Am I really sweating off a pound of water? Has anyone else noticed this?

Diane: Wow, that is definitely a very emotional situation. Something like that happened to my husband not too long ago with a long-lost half-brother. It's a long story, but I'll try to produce a cliff notes version: John's dad was accused of impregnating a woman before he married John's mom. He questioned it because he calculated that he was out of the county at the time of conception. He paid child support for 15-16 years despite his repeated requests for a paternity test that was rejected every time, but started a new family with his wife in a different state. Four years ago the man died. 1 year ago, John got an email from a man asking if he knew his father, to which he replied, yes, it's my father. We saw a picture of the man and were absolutely shocked at what we saw. He was a spitting image of the old man, even more so than his other sons. So, they started talking and decided to meet, as he was in town on business. Since then he's come down for another visit, this time he met John's mom (originally they were not sure how she, or he would handle it), and now he's starting to become a part of the family, albeit a bit too late since John's father has already passed away... which makes the whole situation rather bittersweet. John's mom is convinced that if they went through with the paternity test that would have (obviously) proved that he was his son, that things would have been a lot different. Like... they would have tried to get some kind of partial custody, etc. At any rate, I find these kinds of things interesting and touching in a way. I hope your sister considers meeting him. I can definitely see why she would be apprehensive, but it could definitely prove to be a very rewarding relationship for both of them.

Slashnl
11-22-2009, 10:30 AM
Hi everyone. Not much to say today. I'm ticked because I seem to be stuck at 250 or so. I'm with you, RaebaeR, that I've been staying on plan and haven't strayed, so I don't understand the stall. Now, official weigh in isn't until tomorrow, but I'm not holding out much hope. Makes me crabby.

RaebaeR: About the date, don't go into it thinking you are huge. You'll feel all self-conscious and you won't have as much fun. If he's worth anything, he will be there to see you and he won't be bothered by weight. (I know, easy for me to say.) :)

Rakel: That's a great story. It is amazing to me the depth of emotion that has come through in all of this. I am treading lightly and I won't tell my sister what an idiot she is, but this has been a remarkable journey so far. If nothing else, at least I know he is living a good life and has become an unbelievably solid, good man.

Have a good weekend.

rakel
11-23-2009, 09:52 AM
Raebear: Maybe you should just try upping your workouts an extra 15 minutes and see if that helps? You just may need to push yourself a little more because our bodies get used to what we're doing so eventually we'll have to mix it up a bit.

mj5
11-23-2009, 03:49 PM
Hi everyone! I'm still here...we went away for the weekend and work is still SUPER hectic!!!!!

I will catch up soon!

dgramie
11-24-2009, 07:16 AM
diane- I was left by my parent at age 2.My family went to canada and changed their names.I was raised by my grandmother. We went 23 yrs without hearing a word from my parents or siblings. At age 25 my sister made contact and talk about hard. I now have a relationship with my mother( she is more like an aunt). Im not close to my sister or brother but its sure nice knowing they are alive and OK.
Hugs to you and YAH for accepting the young man into your life.He deserves to know his family!!

My counting WW points is going great and seems to be so easy for me.It was a bit confusing for things that dont have the calories info on them.I have found a few great websites to help me.
I plan on being under 200 by feb 1 when my new grandson arrives and at goal by summer.I am determined to get it off and keep it off!!!
Got the tree up yesterday and all the decorations up.I still need to run a few cord to power my lights and stuff.IM glad to have it done and cant wait to see my granddaughter reaction to our tree. Last year she was only a tiny baby. Im sure I will have my hands full keeping her out of the tree this year!!

raebeaR
11-24-2009, 07:46 AM
Hi, all,

Just a fly-by as I hit the road in just a couple of hours and still have tons to do. I won't have the chance to weigh in while I'm away, so maybe I'll have a nice surprise when I get home...? (A girl can dream!) I do plan to stay on my plan over the holiday, no matter how challenging it is. I actually packed a cooler full of "allowed" foods to bring with me along the way -- something I have never done in years past. Planning is key, right?

rakel, good advice re the extra workout time... I'll try that and see if that helps.

Slashnl, you're absolutely right, of course -- and since he already saw me at my highest weight, I know I'm probably stressing over nothing. I certainly won't expect him to notice my weight loss... if he missed the 100-lb. gain, I'm pretty sure he isn't going to notice the 21-lb. loss! I will be myself -- all 241 lbs. of me. ;)

mj5, still hoping things lighten up on you soon -- in every respect of that meaning! Looking forward to your update when you can get to it. :)

dgramie, thanks for sharing your story. It just goes to show that reconnecting with family can be emotionally wrenching, but gratifying as well. Good luck with your time line -- with the weight loss indicated on your ticker, I'm sure you will meet your goals. An inspiration for us all!

Will probably catch up with everyone as I travel... some days are busy, others are a snooze. :)

Take care, all, and have wonderful holiday celebrations!

Rae

lottie63
11-24-2009, 08:41 AM
hello ladies, I'm actually off today, although Ihave a to do list a mile long of stuff to clean/cook! I CAN"T WIN! :P

anyhow, yesterday was totally on plan. thank god. :P Miss it here.

Slashnl
11-24-2009, 11:42 AM
Hi everyone. I'm back today. I didn't make it here yesterday. It was a strange day. I went to the gym in the morning and they had a sign up that said there was no hot water. Hmmm. So, I just left. Ok, I know I could have done a little something before going all the way back to my house (I live quite a ways out of town) to take a shower, but I just left. Anyway, I don't know what it is, but not getting a workout in really took me out of my game. I wasn't really happy at work and really impatient with people. Then, at lunch, rather than eating the salad I had brought, I ended up getting some fast food. Why? I can't really answer that. What a stupid spiral of events that was.

So, very happy to be back in my groove today. I went to spin class and had a nice hot shower at the gym. I'm planning to go walking at lunch today too, so the salad will be good today! I feel much better after having done the spinning. Amazing what exercise can do for you.

Rae: Hope you have a nice trip. We'll miss you, so check in when you can. And make sure you tell us all about your date. I might need to live vicariously through you!

dgramie: Thanks for sharing that story. It just blows me away on how intense the feelings are and how emotional this has all been. I never expected that. I remember when he was adopted and I never got to hold him. But all of this time, I've thought about him and wondered how he was doing. I am so thankful he put the effort into finding us.

Lottie: Good to hear from you. Sorry you're so busy!! Hang in there.

Rakel: Good point on upping the workout. I've thought about doing that too because I'm kind of at a stall. I wouldn't call it a plateau yet, but the numbers are NOT changing. Grrr.

Have a great day everyone!

Slashnl
11-24-2009, 11:43 AM
Sorry, duplicate post.

mj5
11-25-2009, 04:33 AM
Hi!!!! I am still having a hard time getting on to this site at times. It's only this site, so i don't think it's my internet or the computer.....anyway, food choices continue to be good, BUT my exercise has been almost non-existant! NOT good!

I am back to the gym today!

I will have time to catch up w/ everyone later tonight--my grocery shopping is done, cleaning is done, and hubby has to work late. Phew, I get a little time to myself before the holiday hectic-ness starts!!!

Have a great OP day everyone!!!!

dgramie
11-27-2009, 09:44 PM
I was bad on thanksgiving and again today. I have another meal tommorow but dont want to feel like this..so its will be back OP for me!!!!

Slashnl
11-28-2009, 11:58 AM
Went to work out this morning after two days of not working out and too much food indulgence. Went shopping yesterday with a lot of walking, but that's not really exercise. Felt good to be back at the gym.

mj5
11-29-2009, 05:40 AM
Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been around, spending lots of time with family, which is always nice. Unfortunately, NOT spending time at the gym, which isn't good....although I was there long enough last week to renew my membership! Now I need to use it! I also had two Thanksgiving dinners and ate way, waaaay too much. TOM is here too and that never helps.

SO....back on track for me, starting NOW!

Diane--That is awesome that you are connecting w your nephew! I need to follow your lead and get back to the gym!!!

dgramie--Thank you for sharing. Wow. I can't wait to decorate!!!

Rae--I agree w Diane about the date. Have a great time!!! And, yes, we are living vicariously though you!!!

lottie--So glad you could pop in!

Rakel--Keep it up, you are doing great!

Have a great OP day everyone!