Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-14-2009, 04:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 222/196/135

Height: 5'2"

Default Learning to deal

I've just recently realized how out of control I feel when I'm eating sometimes. It feels like even when I'm watching what I eat I'm always thinking about it, always planning the next chance I'll get to eat. It's driving me up a wall. Last night I realized I do have a problem with binging. I was awake at like 4 am and went into the kitchen.

Just walking into the room I decided to have a snack and grabbed the Girl Scout cookies off the table. Then set up the pot to heat water to make ravioli and reached up on the fridge to have an english muffin while I waited for the water to boil. I stopped myself and asked what on earth I was doing. I dumped the water out and left the pack of english muffins on the fridge. But I still drank 2 glasses of milk and ate like 8 cookies (stopped when the box was empty). I feel back in control now but I realize this isn't normal. Now I'm thinking about all those times that I sat down and ate two or three packs for hoho's or spent twenty bucks by myself on Chinese food (and finished it in on sitting) because I had taste for everything.

I'm working on just saying no. On just walking away. And it's hard. So we'll make tomorrow as binge-free day #1 and go one day at a time.
initfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 04:49 PM   #2  
Fighting to be Fit

Height: 5'3.5" Age: 22

Congratulations! It takes a lot to admit you have a problem, let alone set that bag of english muffins or cookies down. I'm really proud of you for saying NO! to all that food. Thank you for sharing, and believe me, you're not alone.
UrthWurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 06:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Good job! I totally get the $20 on chinese food because you "had taste for everything"--that's exactly how I feel! It's not usually chinese food for me, but same idea.
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 06:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/156/130

Height: 5'7

You hit the nail on the head with how I feel. But I know people who have successully lost weight and kept it off. I figure losing weight for us is like quitting smoking - it is an addiction. And the average smoker needs to attempt to quit eight times before they eventually get there. So we just need to keep trying and eventually we will retool our biology and our psychology to relate to food differently. That's my hope anyway.
mouse101 is offline   Reply With Quote