Alternachicks - Alternachicks Weigh out there!

View Full Version : Alternachicks Weigh out there!

mauvaisroux
07-30-2002, 08:15 PM
Hello everyone:wave:

I have decide to start this thread so that we can weigh in once a week , periodically or however you see fit. You do not have to weigh in but may post to cheer people on if you like:)

Since I am the instigator:devil: of this I will go first.

Monday July 29, 2002

weigh in: 155 lbs

Starting weight: 185 Lbs
Current weight: 155 Lbs
Goal weight: 145 Lbs

Mini goal: 150 by September 15, 2002

P.S. I am 5'8ish Maybe if I start Tae bo again I will kick butt and become an amazonian warrior princess :lol:

squeaker
07-30-2002, 08:48 PM
Ok - I'll go next.

Weigh in - 162 lbs

Highest - I was afraid of scales then but probably 175-180lbs
Current - 162lbs
Goal - 150lbs or to fit into my favorite jeans again.

Desired Goal by Aug. 30th(my original goal date) was 150, but it has been the goal all summer with no real loss, so I am changing it to 155 lbs by Sept. 15th.

:psqueak

ellis
07-30-2002, 09:51 PM
Hmmm, looks like I'm the fatty here.

Okay:

Highest... probably 200
Last monday... 188
This monday (that's yesterday, darlings) ... 187 and holding!! yip yip!
First goal... Sept 15th... 177
Final goal... 130
Realistically... maybe 140
Dream goal... 128

dentrassi
07-30-2002, 09:57 PM
YUCK!!! She cried...

Highest-225
Now-210
1st Goal-199

Mini goal-205 by Sept. 15th

soozie
07-30-2002, 11:57 PM
Soozie (height 5'1")

highest weight: about 200
last Monday: 190
currently: 189

Short term goal
for September 15th: 179

Long term goal: 140-135
Dream goal: 125

Weight 15 years ago when I met my partner: 122 !!!!
(and I thought that I was fat!!!)

Weight when I conceived my daughter 5 years ago: 160
Weight at fullterm with my daughter: approx 192

ellis
07-31-2002, 07:33 AM
The thought of Soozie The Lesbian conceiving just makes my head reel. Was it a man? Was it a tube? Was it an act of God? Was it an alien? :D
I forgot to mention my height. I'm 6'-2". And I look like Cindy Crawford.

Okay...
5'3"
grey eyes
-had just lost 25 pounds and thought I couldn't have any more kids and was getting my life back in order and sold/gave away all the baby stuff when (never have sex 6 times in a row with your DH.) I got pregnant with #2. Sunk into a deep depression and gained 80 pounds that pregnancy. Got to about 220. Had the baby and lost a whopping 10 pounds during delivery. :rolleyes:

Listen, you 200 plus girls... once you get below 200, you know there's no going back, right? This is the last time you're going to see that number. Otherwise I am going to kick your ***. Same goes for the under 200's. NO GOING BACK UP!! It's not allowed!!!

soozie
07-31-2002, 10:50 AM
it was an alien...but, please, it's a secret, don't tell anyone...you don't think anyone would read it here do you???? doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo (that is mystery music)

fluid_fiction
07-31-2002, 04:22 PM
*sighs* you girls make me jealous... but determined!!

5'7"
highest - 278
current - 260
goal - 160

sept 15 goal - 249

ellis
07-31-2002, 05:02 PM
how can you weigh that much, Shel? You don't look that big at all!!

Soozie, I KNEW it had to be an alien. :lol:

Punkinseed
07-31-2002, 05:10 PM
Well everyone, I'm just going to jump on in here.... We can do this!!!!

Highest: 259
Current: afraid to look - wildfire binge (as in real fire too close to house for comfort) has caused a wild gain... I'll say 236?
Short term goal: 220's would be thrilling
Long term: 140'ish?

Currently following my own modified version of WW - I led meetings for almost 3 years, I can tweak it if I want to! :lol:
Also slowly breaking in my eliptical trainer and walking....

Wow, this really feels like a fresh start!

Terri

ellis
07-31-2002, 05:17 PM
Hi Terri!
Really? Is the fire getting close to you? Such devastation... I can't even imagine what it's like.
Hey, you forgot to tell us your height! We need all the gritty details, honey.
Here's to a fresh start!!! :cb:

Ruthxxx
07-31-2002, 06:04 PM
OK! OK! OK! I'll do it!
Height 5'
Weight 202.5
Highest weight 227 (Summer of '98)
Lowest weight 7.5 (January 14, 1939)
Goal for Sept. 15 - below 200!

I have not weighed below 200 since 1986!

I weighed 121 when I married the first time in 1960 - YES, Ellis - I was a virgin! My kids are adopted so I can't blame them for porking up. The dogs are adopted too.

Weighed 175 when I got married the second time in 1983. Then we bought this house in the country with a homemade bread and pie store on the corner! Up, Up and away!

Punkinseed
07-31-2002, 06:29 PM
Ohhh yea, my height. I guess if I'm not 8'10 I don't qualify to even *need* to be here huh?? LOL!

I'm 5'6 and a smidge (don't forget the smidge)

Yeppers, the fires were/are that close. I am about 10 miles from the Eyerly fire that burned down 18 homes 2 1/2 weeks ago (now contained) and about 10 miles from the Geneva 2 fire (also contained). I'm about 25 miles from the Cache Mountain fire that burned 2 homes on Sunday and last night I could see flames going over the ridge in the distance. That fire is about 60% contained and moving away from us, but it's been scary and unfortunately I deal with stress by burying my head in a carton of Dryer's Grand Light French Silk ice cream.... Currently I'm trying to find other ways to cope before I undo my 24+ pound loss!

Terri :moo:

trixiepup
07-31-2002, 06:48 PM
i'm 163, i think. i felt so fat when i tried to find jeans yesterday at ross.

dentrassi
07-31-2002, 08:23 PM
HEY!!! I am STILL the shortest!!!!!

I weighed 114 when I got married (1981) and I still thought i was fat. At my biggest I was twice the woman I was when I got married (okay, 3 pounds shy, but close!!!)

soozie
08-01-2002, 02:40 AM
Den, 114...holy moly Batman...isn't it pitiful that we think that we're fat when we're not.
Hoping that my weigh in Monday will be a good one...
and btw...I gave birth, DP adopted DD when DD was 10 months old so we're both legal parents and both on birth certificate...artificial insemination, anonymous donor...long story as to how we got there...will share someday in another thread ;)

still 189,
praying for 179,
your Soozie

ellis
08-01-2002, 08:12 AM
Soozie, I hope you didn't think I was prying, because I NEVER pry. You're just such a hoot to tease. :)
That's so beautiful about your daughter... thank you for sharing.

I know it's all relative, but Trixie, I would KILL to weight 163!

Terri, you are so close! I'm so sorry... What can we do to jerk you away from the ice cream?

Den, you're friggin' puny! :lol: I don't ever remember weighing 114. I guess I was too young to be bothered weighing WAY back then. I just remember weighing 128 in grade 13 and all through college. I was running a couple of miles everyday, was in great shape, but I thought I was fat. huh!

REALLY RUTH!!! I am NOT interested in your sexual status! :lol:
Listen honey... you're so close... you've got NO excuse for not getting below 200 by sept 15th. Butt KICK!!
I'm so sorry about your friend's sister. I hope he's doing okay... he sounds like a lot of fun.
xo

fluid_fiction
08-01-2002, 12:05 PM
ellis - sad, but very true. because of the PCOS, i carry it pretty much all around my waist. but not for long!!!!

278/262 (damn those chips yesterday!!)/165

Punkinseed
08-01-2002, 02:13 PM
ellis - Don't ask me WHAT possessed me, but I bought two 1/2 gallons of Dryer's Light french silk yesterday (hey, it was on sale) and I dove into it and ya know what??? It wasn't quite as good as I remember... I think I might be "over" it! I also treated myself to the Norah Jones cd - very relaxing and calming.

Den and everyone - I weighed 114 once. When I was 12 years old I believe..... :lol:

Saturday we're celebrating Lammas - grilled stuffed salmon, roasted potato salad and rosemary bread with feta, hummus and some mixed olive and olive oil concoction. Gods save me.... none of my friends know what "lowfat", "healthy" or "I'm becoming a house because of your cooking" means. I know... no one is forcing the fork in my mouth... or are they?????? :devil:

Terri

mauvaisroux
08-01-2002, 10:18 PM
Okay! I am so not weighing myself until Satuday or Sunday Am...
Darn this period stuff I supposedly have gained 2 lbs since Monday yet I have not been eating anything that bad:(
So I refuse to look at the scale until at least Saturday:p

BTW Punkinseed, where did you say your friends live? I am going to the states and I'm up for a gourmet meal, maybe I will crash your Lammas feast, heh, heh, heh :devil:

christinagw@aol.com
08-01-2002, 11:25 PM
5'5"
Highest Weight (not counting pregnancies, which I have no clue on weight then!)
181 +
afraid to weigh myself until I had dieted for 2 weeks)

Currently 140.8
Goals 135 by Sept 15 (OK really the 7th, but I will go with the 15th to fit in!)
125 By the Holidays

dentrassi
08-01-2002, 11:49 PM
I actually got down to 94 pounds in college, which isn't as bad as it sounds because i am so shrimpy. I think I was kinda borderline anorexic though!! (Thought I was fat then too!!) Part of the reason i am NOT worrying now about getting all the weight off. Before I went on anti-deppressants i had a kind of all or nothing attitude, and when I got down to 130 between kids I ended up gaining it all back and more because.......WAIT FOR IT!!!.....I still thought I was fat!!! Now i feel like, HEY! If I can get to 150 or 140 and stay there it will be a **** of a lot healthier than being over 200 pounds at 4' 11"!!

soozie
08-02-2002, 03:59 AM
Terri, that meal sounds incredible...Mauvais, can you pick me up on your way there.
still holding at 189lbs
still praying for 179lbs
still aware that prayer alone will not get me there !! :lol:

and Ellis, of course I don't mind. Love sharing our stories. But, I suspect you wanted the intimate details on the conception...you know what was I wearing, what was DP wearing, what was the doctor wearing, the nurse, the lab tech that thawed the specimens.......:s:...did they serve wine...was there music.....:lol:...obviously, I love to tease you too!!!

christinagw@aol.com
08-02-2002, 02:04 PM
Hello Ladies!

Den, it sounds like you have a much better attitude for it this time! You may not be 130, but your attitude is healthier, which may be just as good! 4'11" ? Heavens I am guessing that you know how to hem pants by know. (I am sorry if you are sensitive!) I am 5'5" & unless I buy petite pants they all need hemmed! I ship them to MIL though & she does it. I am 32, perhaps I could learn how to do it myself one of these years!

Soozie, OK FESS UP! Did you & Melissa get a 2 cups for the price of one deal when Crosby donated?

I managed to lose that .8 of a pound yesterday, so now it is an even 5 pounds to hit goal & meet the challenge!

How often is everyone posting the weights? Any rules here I need to follow?

dentrassi
08-02-2002, 10:45 PM
HI!!

Terri-You may have more people than you counted on!! That sounds WONDERFUL! What are you going to stuff the salmon with? (Can you tell I'm a foody?)

Christina-i like being short, and make more jokes about it than anyone else, so no insult taken!! You'd think I would be good at hemming by now, but usually the hems just drag!! OR I wear leggings or something and they just bag.

How often ARE we posting weight? I had figured once a week, unless we wanted to share in between. Is Monday the officiall weigh-in day? I have NOT been doing well the last couple of days. Have to get serious. SOMEBODY KICK MY BUTT PLEASE!!!

mauvaisroux
08-03-2002, 01:15 AM
I weighed in on Monday because I felt like it and that used to be my WW meeting night so I guess it was just through habit.
Some people don't like weighing in on Monday because it is the first day of oops! I ate like a horse on the weekend and now I have to weigh in day, WAH :cry: (this happens to me a lot)

We can pick another day if we want - nothing is set in stone.

What is good for everyone else?

christinagw@aol.com
08-03-2002, 07:49 AM
Mondays are good for me, that is when I log my weight in Diet Power, but I actually weigh every day, so it doesn't matter!

Den, Good to have a sense of humor about things that we can't change! I am average in height, but given the choice to either be short or tall, I would pick short any day! Maybe we can find an online hemming course to take together! My cousin is short as well, she loved when Capris came out...the perfect length for her...to wear as pants!

katrinabgood
08-03-2002, 12:28 PM
OK...I'm trying to keep up with all the different threads here...here's my story...I'm currently weighing in at about 257...will confirm that later after I buy the new scale I so desperately need...I'm 5'5"...I weighed 165 on my wedding day and swore I was the fattest bride on Earth...I would give my first-born child...(****, you can have 'em both!) to weigh that once again...

I have successfully (in the past) lost weight (40 lbs) on WW...my current dietary plan follows principles of WW, Fat Flush and Fit for Life...need to pick ONE plan (ANY ONE) and just follow it...yeah, that's what I think I'll do...I'll weigh in in Mondays, specifically because of the weekend wackiness...maybe that will keep me in line...we'll see.

dentrassi
08-03-2002, 12:47 PM
Monday is fine by me too. I HATE it, but that is exactly why it is probably the best day to weigh!!!

CAPRIS!! AND I like knee length dresses as ankle length dresses!!!

mauvaisroux
08-03-2002, 02:14 PM
Hello everyone!

Since I am leaving for my trip tomorrow and wont be back until August 13 , I am posting my weigh-in today.

I stepped on the scale, after breakfast and a Tim Hortons Double-Double coffee (Yes, I did say Double-Double :o ) and fully clothed, and I am currently at 154! Yay! I lost a pound this week despite PMS and 2 extremely stressful days at work!
:dance: :dance: :dance:

I got my haircut today, very sexy, very sassy looking-at least that is what DH said when I got home from the haridressers;) Does lost hair contribute to lost poundage?

I will be back in 10 days with my post-holiday weigh-in.

Take care everyone!

ellis
08-04-2002, 09:35 AM
Mauvais, you're leaving tomorrow! Have a wonderful time, sweetie! We want to hear all about it when you get back.
Listen, you can't claim a lost pound when you've had your hair cut!!! :lol: I'm joking... congratulations... you're doing great!

Come on everyone... one day until Monday! Monday IS a good day for weighing. It's extra incentive for not ^#@*ing up on the weekend.

Kat darling... get out there and get yourself a scale.

Terri, did you eat all that good food, or did you restrain yourself? Listen, I don't want you buying anymore of that icecream. Buy something healthy that you like! Even if you initially eat too much of it, at least it's good for you. I always think this way... everyone in the grocery store is looking at me and thinking, "My gawd, she's so fat... why is she buying all that fattening food?" So I don't buy it. It's a false sense of pride. But it DOES help!

gotta go and read about 394 other posts.
later darlings...
xo

squeaker
08-05-2002, 07:45 AM
Here it is - my first weigh in - I am still at 162.
Oh well. If I didn't just get my scale a few months ago, I would go buy one that shows the tenths of a pound too.

:psqueak

ellis
08-05-2002, 08:02 AM
I can't believe it. Even though I screwed up yesterday and ate some bridge mixture and popcorn, I've STILL lost 2 pounds this week!! And I know it's real, because I've weighed myself everyday, and it's STAYED OFF!!
Must be all that Tai Bo....

Squeak... this is YOUR week... come on girl... burn it!! You can do it!!

Ruthxxx
08-05-2002, 08:57 AM
205 again this morning! Please tell me it's water retention from the heat! (Did I mention our AC is broken?) And yes, I am drinking lots of water but not peeing as much as usual!

I am not eating a heck of a lot but have been sitting on my butt most of the day. (Did I mention our AC is broken?) I have asthma and this air is like breathinbg ****! (Just thought I'd sneak that in to see if Mauvais is on the job! :D )

This week should be better as it is supposed to cool down by Wednesday - unless they lied again! (Did I mention our AC is broken?)

christinagw@aol.com
08-05-2002, 09:51 AM
Well my weight today is 140.0. I am ok with that, was hoping for a bit more since I hit that last Wednsday or Thursday, but I actually went back up to 140.4 for a few days, so I guess I should be happier, it is down 2 pounds from last Monday. I was just hoping for another 1/2 or so!

Ruth, you mean that we aren't allowed to say **** here????:lol:

Squeaker, I have one of those scales that shows the 10th of a pound! I love it, even just .2 loss is ebough incentive to keep me going! Best $50 I ever spent!

Ellis, Mauvais can claim the pound, even though she had a hair cut she weighed in fully dressed & not first thing in the day! I consider that alone 2 pounds! (& crazy! I only weigh in totally naked & first thing after a stop at the potty!)

Terri, I just have 4 words for you. SKINNY COW ICE CREAM! Find it! The Sundae cups are only 100 calories & the yummy ice cream sandwichs are 130! They ar the only thing that keeps me from totally blowing it some nights! Premeasured out, so you can't go over a serving, & just as good as regular ice cream! (OK maybe not Ben & Jerry's Chubby Hubby, but otherwise very good!)

OK staff meeting, I will check in on the other threads later today!

katrinabgood
08-05-2002, 01:17 PM
Aw ****...you mean we can't say **** here? What kinda **** is that?

soozie
08-05-2002, 04:27 PM
Happy Monday. I lost another pound. Yahoo!!!!!!!!!
starting 190
first week 189
now 188
Yahoo its going in the right direction.
feeling more motivated to get back to the gym now!!!!
nine more pounds to go...will she do it...can she make it???
yes, yes, a resounding yes.
late for work , see you later. Soozie

Punkinseed
08-05-2002, 04:41 PM
Apparently I did more good than bad. Regardless of my ice cream pig out I'm down 2.5 from last Monday, putting me at 235.5 - 10.5 to go for my 9/15 goal. Yeah me. (calm enthusiasm as my back hurts and any jumping is painful).

Mauvais and everyone - My friend is in Bend, OR. You're all welcome to come to the next feast, probably Samhain since we don't celebrate every holiday together.

The food was incredible!!! I didn't eat dessert though (shock! gasp!) since I had to head home early to see the 49'ers get their asses kicked by the Redskins. I swear, I'd rather have had carrot cake.... :rolleyes:

Ellis - the ice cream is healthy. Dryers Grand Light. Damned stuff. I swear, I've bought my last container of it. The second container dissappeared over the weekend.... aliens I guess. Little green buggers keep swipin' my yummies.

Chris - YES!!! I can only get the sandwiches here in Bum Fudge Oregon though.... I'm smack in the middle of the state and you'd *swear* no one else is watching their weight with the amount of trouble I have finding stuff. I can get the sandwiches though, so I'm going to stick to them AND since they're so freakin' expensive I'll be more apt to dole them out slowly ($4.00/6 sandwiches vs. $5 for 2 1/2 gallons of DGL ice cream).

Buh bye all, till later,

Terri

fluid_fiction
08-05-2002, 05:58 PM
264. *cries*

of course, it's late in the day... and after breakfast and lunch. and a seven hour standing on my feet cashier shift...

*sighs*

just a little :spin:

dentrassi
08-05-2002, 06:36 PM
Okay, after 4 hours of sleep I said to myself, "****, I'm not weighing in, it is too depressing." Need to get back on track. SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME A KICK IN THE BUTT.......I NEED IT BAD!!!!!

Punkinseed
08-05-2002, 07:18 PM
Ok, guess I'm the first to see your cry for help...

Bend over,

KICK!!!!

Hope that helped....

Terri

christinagw@aol.com
08-05-2002, 08:01 PM
YEAH TO EVERYONE!!!!! We all are a big bunch of losers! :lol: (OK Fluid, maybe not, but you can't count a weight after all that! So I have faith that you have & Den, I have the same faith in you! Just think positive & face the scale tomorrow! Yeah Sooz, A whole new range for you, the 180s!

They had problems with the Skinny Cow sundae cups plant, they are just now getting back out there, so watch you may see them coming around in a month or 2. OK they are expensive, but they are well worth it! At least for me! I find myself now budgeting my daily calories just leave spares for that.

Oh geez, I just got started here & hubby is screaming.

Wildfire
08-05-2002, 08:01 PM
Yeah, yeah...so I'm a little late making it over here to the new forum....just making an entrance, you know... ;) Actually, hubby decided to install a new hard drive and CDR/W on the server and took down the whole network for about a week. We're finally back in the pieces we should be in. We hope.

Nice to officially "meet" the gals from Alternachicks. :wave: Our Alternative Group was dwindling, so this is a good idea.

I'm doing WW (again...fourth time, I believe).
Height: 5'8"
Starting weight (this time around): 188.8lbs
Highest weight: 194.4lbs
Current weight (as of 08/01 weigh in): 178.2lbs
Goal weight: Aiming for 150lbs, then we'll see if I want to lose more.

'K, I'm going to see what else is going on in *our* forum.
TTFN

~Edited to add: Put me down for 7lbs on the Sept.15 Challenge. See, I was a good girl....I read that the other thread is closed and posted it here!

christinagw@aol.com
08-05-2002, 09:02 PM
Welcome Wildfire! I am sure that you will find us fun, supportive, and as needed *****y & honest! :D
OK off to catch up with all the other threads!

katrinabgood
08-06-2002, 11:35 AM
I think it's the "*****y" part I relate to so well...I'm going to run back to Kmart and ***** about the dud scale they just sold me...well...before I do that, I'd better check the battery...I may have put an old one in. So, I'll post the dreaded weight when I finally get this all taken care of.

later dudes

katrinabgood
08-06-2002, 01:53 PM
Oy vay, it was the battery...I'm going to post the dreaded number and then I will tell you a little story...well...maybe story first, so as to put off the inevitable...

I got the proper battery in the scale, told my son to get on, his weight was accurate. DH next...aren't men funny? they have no qualms about hopping up on the scale...anyway...244...uh oh...I KNOW I weigh more than that...how they **** do I weigh more than my husband??? Were the ice cream and cookies and whatever else WORTH this feeling of disgust, shame, and mortification???

"Get on the scale, Mom, your turn!"
*ulp*
"I think I'll just take this into the other room, boys...a lady NEVER reveals her weight."

Yeah, until I get it down to a coveted 150, then I'll be shouting it from the rooftops!! ****, under 200, I'd broadcast on the evening news!

Sonny was a little miffed that I wouldn't get on in front of them...I should be honest...after all, anyone can SEE that I'm fat! But it's that old stigma. I just can't. Plus the thought of him out playing with his friends saying, "yeah, MY mom weighs 259, she even weighs more than my dad!" is a little off putting.

So that's the number...259. A little higher than i thought, but not surprisingly so. And now the battle begins. Again. In earnest. No fooling. This time is it. I swear. You're gonna be seeing a lot of me. Consider yourselves warned.

dentrassi
08-06-2002, 04:39 PM
I can relate entirely Kat!! I weigh more than my hubby too!!

christinagw@aol.com
08-06-2002, 08:44 PM
Hey I can totally relate! On wedding day 11 years ago, DH weighed 160, I weighed 140-145. April 1, 2002 DH weighed 165, I weighed 181! I had been more than him for years! It was very huge milestone when I finally dropped below him! I am 140 again & I still will not get on the scale in front of him. Of course I will broadcast it here for all the world to see & share with my fat or once fat friends, but never my DH or any of the inlaws, until I hit the 125 mark then I am thinking of getting a TShirt made!

christinagw@aol.com
08-07-2002, 06:14 AM
YEAH! Today the scale says 138!:flow2:

Maybe I need to eat more junk today, since I ate like crap yesterday & still managed to be down from Monday!

Lamorgan
08-07-2002, 09:47 AM
I'm joining in the challenge but am not ready to weigh myself yet... If I follow the points system, the weight will drop and I'll measure by my clothes.

I'm around 145 I think, maybe less, maybe more. I'm 5'5", last year lost 25 pounds going down to a wonderful 130.

My birthday #40 is Sept 15th, so here goes.......

Punkinseed
08-07-2002, 11:59 AM
I totally spaced checking in on Monday for our 11 by 9/15 challenge!

I'm down .5 (235.5), but really 2.5 if you count from 238 which is what I was last Monday - BUT I said I was starting at 236, which was a guess, blah, blah, blah...

ANYWAY - 1/2 pound down, 10.5 to go

Terri

beachgurl
08-07-2002, 07:35 PM
Hi all!!
I'm new here!

can i join in please?

I'm 5'8" tall
1st june 2002 was 210 lbs
Present weight 190 lbs
Goal: My ideal weight should be about 150lbs to 160lbs

Thanks

;)

Wildfire
08-07-2002, 08:36 PM
Down 1.4lbs this week. What'd I pledge? 7lbs? Only 5.6lbs to go. Only...yeah, right. :rolleyes:

Congrats you losers!

ellis
08-07-2002, 09:12 PM
Beachgurl.... welcome!! Of COURSE you can join us!
Come into August Alternachat... it's a little busier over there. In fact, check out all the threads in Alternachicks. We're all totally cool.

beachgurl
08-08-2002, 03:23 AM
Thanks ellis for your welcome, I will try to find August alternachicks

squeaker
08-08-2002, 08:15 AM
Grr. I stepped on the scale this morning (like I do every morning) and it actually said 161! I was in shock so I stepped on it again and it was back to saying 162. Damn. Maybe that means I am thisclose to losing? I hope so. :)

:spin:squeak

ellis
08-08-2002, 09:30 AM
beachgurl, just go to ummm,
okay...
go to the top of this page...
you'll see this line...

top of forum > General > Alternachicks > Alternachicks Weigh out there!

Just click on Alternachicks, and it'll take you to the "table of contents" for the forum

I'm a pound down, but I've been screwing up a lot lately, so I'd better watch it...

katrinabgood
08-08-2002, 03:10 PM
Screwing around instead of screwing up burns the calories, ellis dear!

ellis
08-08-2002, 04:19 PM
oooooh yeah........ :lol:

katrinabgood
08-09-2002, 05:28 PM
sssshhhhhh! I weighed in early...I'm not going to count this, but I'm down 5 lbs! hee hee. I love my new scale...today anyway. Did I tell you I'm a compulsive weigh-er?

ellis
08-09-2002, 06:01 PM
Can I borrow your scale, Kat?

soozie
08-09-2002, 09:12 PM
Katbgood you must bebeinggood. I'm dreading Monday but have the weekend to fix things...gotta go run up and down my steps and drink a gallon of water. Kidding. But, wouldn't that work???? If I did it everyday??? Love you girlies and welcome beachygrrl. Soozie

katrinabgood
08-09-2002, 11:49 PM
I really am being good this time. Just came back from dinner with some old friends...I had black bean soup (could be trouble later! ;) ) and a grilled chicken salad...all right.... and one GIGANTIC Maragrita...I swear I didn't touch the salt...much.

squeaker
08-12-2002, 07:39 AM
160lbs this morning!!!! That is down 2 I think. I figured out my scale was acting bizarre (It showed 159 one minute and 2 seconds later - literally - it was back at 162). I changed the battery and it was better. But that also means I am not sure what I really started out as. The goal this week is to be in the 150s again.

:spin:squeak

Ruthxxx
08-12-2002, 08:32 AM
Aaaaaarrrrgggggghhhhhhh!
I am UP to 209.5! Seven pounds since July 31?
Too many deviations - like ice cream and cookies and booze! I do hold water in the heat but this is ridiculous!
HELP!

ellis
08-12-2002, 10:19 AM
I knew it! I gained those 3 pounds back. 188. Damn. I totally screwed up all week, then had a nervous breakdown yesterday and succombed to 3 plates of Chinese food.
If only it were cool I might be more energetic. I'm back to napping for two hours every day. I swear I must have some terrible disease.

mox
08-12-2002, 01:30 PM
Well, here goes: my first weigh in . . . 232 lbs. This would be a big YIKES, except that I lost 4 pounds last week, so it's more like a big YAHOO! I started out at 236, my highest weight, and would like to lose 85-90 pounds. It's a long haul, but do-able (I should know, I did it once before! :doh: I'm using an old scale, though. Since I'm trying to get away from totally obsessing over every 1/4 pound, I decided to try and train myself to weigh in only 1x/week and to be satisfied with ballpark ranges. I'll let you know if I can do this (part of me wants to go weigh myself right now to see if I lost any ounces in the 5 hours since I last weighed myself!) My mini-goal: 25 pounds by Oct. 28 (down to 211). Hope all is well with everyone else. Peace, Mox

Punkinseed
08-12-2002, 04:24 PM
Reporting for Monday weigh in!!

Down 1 pound this week! Of course, I may have undone that 1 pound by consuming a plate of rice crispy treats and rationalizing it as "hey, it's just cereal" - yea, right...

I guess I'd better write down my goal. I think it was 11 pounds by Sept. 15th, right? Ok, 1.5 down, 9.5 to go....

I WILL NOT WEIGH MYSELF UNTIL MONDAY!!!!
I was down 1.5 on Friday, but figured *that* loss entitled me to splurge - like I ONLY have 1 pound left to loose??? Hello?!?!? Ug, no scales till Monday!

Terri

christinagw@aol.com
08-12-2002, 08:59 PM
Quick fly by post, but I will explain all of that later, when I can face it myself! Just here to post my weight 138.6, been flipping between that & 138.0 all week, never 138.2 or 4, only .6! Oh well still down 1.4, just need 3.6 off to hit my goal of 135.

BTW Kat, I too am an obsessive weigher, every morning & every night! Only count the morning weigh though!

katrinabgood
08-13-2002, 02:36 PM
OK...drum roll please...today's weight...254! Down from 259! Yay! Time to start a new week. ****, I can do a week at a time.

Time for my exercise....:strong: :dance: :strong: :dance:

There! I'm done!

I'm off to make a salad for lunch...

all time high: 274 (1998)
this time around: 259, 8/6/02
today:254
mini goal: 248, 9/15

christinagw@aol.com
08-13-2002, 08:44 PM
YEAH FOR YOU KAT!!!!!!! Great work & remember this feeling when you are tempted to go astray this week!

mauvaisroux
08-13-2002, 10:41 PM
Hey Fabulous Femmes!

Congratulations to all of you who lost weight this week! I just got back today so I have not weighed in yet. I will face the scale tomorrow and post.

Oh, and very funny about the "S*%t" word. I would prefer if you all beeped it out if you don't mind, not that I am prudish but other people do read these threads even if they are not posting here.

soozie
08-13-2002, 11:27 PM
Hi girls. Mauvais, welcome back.
I weighed in at 188 today. Which means I stayed the same. All things considered not too bad!! Just nine more pounds to go...planning on getting some exercise in this week!!!! Drinking lots o'water. (Although in parts of New Jersey and in Philadelphia where I'm from it is pronounced, wood-er.)
Until next Monday,
Yours in health,
Soozie :)

mauvaisroux
08-13-2002, 11:40 PM
I just wanted to let you all know that I removed the moderator voting thread since we no longer need it.

I have also closed the Challenge thread since you all seemed to move over here. I will leave it up for another week in case posters on that thread are looking to find out where you went.

Mauvaisroux,
Your very hungry moderator who is trying to ignore a giant bag of cashews calling my name from the kitchen.

katrinabgood
08-14-2002, 08:17 PM
soozie...in MY part of NJ, we say "waw-ter." However, if you live in North Jersey, it's "wa-tuh."

mauvaisroux
08-14-2002, 08:38 PM
:dancer: Whoo! I have returned from holidays and I weigh exactly what I did when I left...it's a miracle:angel:

Still at 154..only 4 more pounds to mini goal!

Punkinseed
08-19-2002, 11:57 AM
That's awsome Mauvaisroux!

I'm down 2.5 this week :dance: which brings me to 4 pounds total for our "11 by 15" goal.

Congrats all you other wacky loosers! :lol:

Terri
4 pounds down
7 pounds to go by 9/15

mox
08-19-2002, 07:23 PM
Yeah! I lost somewhere between 2 and 3 pounds this last week, for a total of 6-7 pounds. (236 down to 229-230.) :D Since I have a really old scale, I don't get an exact reading. But, the key is that it's going down, and I feel pretty good in the process. I hope everyone else is having success. Peace, Mox

mauvaisroux
08-19-2002, 07:45 PM
Monday weigh-in:p 155.5

I am up 1 1/2 lbs must have been the dim sum and Montreal Smoked meat sandwich from the weekend :cry:

There is no food in my house since I haven't had time to do a proper grocery shop since I got back from holidays. There is some snacky stuff and dried goods but no fresh fruit and vegs.

I am sitting down tonight with my SS book and making a list of yummy healthy food for this weekend's grocery trip! I just had to put that in writing for myself so I would have to actually do it- this forum is making me accountable for my actions:lol:

Now that my whining is over- congratulations to :cb: Punkinseed and Mox on your losses:cb: way to go!

christinagw@aol.com
08-20-2002, 06:09 AM
UGH! Still 138.6 AGAIN this week! Any ideas to kick this plataue Girls? I have started running too this week & still no change! I am thinking the only way I am going to shake those last 3.4 pounds to hit goal is to cut off a leg!

squeaker
08-20-2002, 10:39 AM
Well I am still at 160. I think I was actually down to 158, but work is a nightmare and I have had fries 4 times in the last 3 days. I am really going to try this week to be good.

mauvaisroux
08-20-2002, 11:19 PM
Hang in there Squeaker!~ You can do it:)

soozie
08-23-2002, 01:37 AM
Can't believe it but I stayed the same! WOW, felt sure that I would have gained. Weighed in on 8-21-02, Tuesday, forget to get on the scale on Monday and was still the same. Good. Now on to the challenge...nine more pounds to go before the 15th? May not make it but will die trying...well maybe that is a little extreme, I'll rephrase that, may not make it but will give up at least one dessert per day...I think I need to find the gray area!
You Go Girls...let's not give up! Love, Soozie

Wildfire
08-24-2002, 09:48 AM
Geez, I pledged 7 lbs! Gained back the 1.4lb loss I posted, so I'm back at square one with....let's see...:chin:...22 days to go, not counting today. So I have to lose 1/3 of a pound each day. Better get off my butt and start :strong: :dancer: :cb: :barbell:

Ruthxxx
08-26-2002, 08:53 AM
Quickie post!
I think challenges put me into gain mode!
Started at 202.5 July 31, was back UP to 10.5 last Monday
and am DOWN to 205 today!

mauvaisroux
08-26-2002, 10:05 AM
I am back down to 154 :dancer:

squeaker
08-26-2002, 12:42 PM
grr. I am still at 160. I shouldn't be surprised. Chicken fingers was one of the major food groups this week. I am so aggrivated though. I found where I wrote down what I was when I actually started this "I need to lose weight" thing. I am up 3! GRRRRRR. :bomb:

This is not what I needed. I will pop over to the chat thread later today.

Punkinseed
08-26-2002, 12:47 PM
Down .5 this week. Damned peanut butter... I threw what was left away and did NOT add it to my grocery list... But, still, I'll take the .5 happily since it puts me at my lowest weight on *this* journey (and my last).

Terri
4.5 down
6.5 to go by 9/15

christinagw@aol.com
08-26-2002, 04:41 PM
Hi Girls, Down to 135.8 today! :cp: That is down 2.8 from last week & just 0.8 away from my goal of 135!

Sojourner
08-28-2002, 01:18 AM
So here are the numbers down and dirty:

Highest weight (as in last week): 198
Current weight: 197
Goal: 135

I am hovering below that 200 mark and barely holding my own. HELP! :o

mauvaisroux
08-29-2002, 10:58 PM
Okay so how is everyone doing on the Sept.15 challenge?

Just curious...I might be doing better if it weren't for numerous birthdays and people visiting from out of town and all those excuses to eat out:rolleyes:

I am holding on at 155, so I have two weeks to do it!
Time to kick my tush and get moving:p

Sojourner
09-02-2002, 02:35 AM
What is the Sept 15 challenge??

soozie
09-02-2002, 08:59 AM
Hi Sojo. We all set personal short term goals to get to by September 15th.
I'm not doing too well with mine. Wanted to lose 11 lbs. by September 15th...so far lost two!! Better than gaining but...

We may start over with another challenge after the 15th. Unless none of us do well with attaining our mini-goals...in which case we'll have to devise some other way to motivate each other.

We check in with our weight on Mondays.

Take care, Soozie

Ruthxxx
09-02-2002, 09:11 AM
I'm in reverse! Up to 208.5 this morning! Grrrrrrrr!

Wanttolosealot
09-02-2002, 09:46 AM
Good morning girls,
I am down 11 pounds from August first. Want to lost another 5 more by the 15th of September. Was 270 and I am now 259. Can not remember the last time I was below 260. Went for a 10.3 km walk yesterday. Want to enter the Terry Fox Run(10km) (inspired by Chris) for all the ladies who ever have had, or God forbid ,will have cancer. Chris, I will be thinking of you and all the women and men before you who are LIVING with this terrible illness.
Lets keep on being losers!!
Virginia

Sojourner
09-02-2002, 01:05 PM
I am the same weight this week as last, which is actually ok since I am in the middle of my period.:dz: So here are the numbers:

198/197/130

That is going to go down this week! I will set a goal for Sept 15th... how about three pounds? That will put me below that stupid 195 mark... something I have been sort of trying to do for the last few months. Ok, three pounds in two weeks, I can definitely do that.

:strong:

squeaker
09-02-2002, 03:25 PM
Ok so when I hopped on the scale this morning it said 156!!!! It may be a fluke, but if not that would be 4 pounds in 1 week! It is amazing what being unhappy, pi$$ed and then sick can do to your diet.

Ok - So it does seem to be a fluke - it is more like 158, which is still less then last week. :)

Sojourner
09-02-2002, 09:57 PM
You are all going to be insanely jealous because the pounds are just going to melt off my bod due to my two new exercise videos. I just purchased "Bellydance: Fitness for Beginners" and "Afro-Brazilian Cardio"! I am going to shake my booty to a thinner and stronger me!!

:cb: :cb:

mauvaisroux
09-02-2002, 10:12 PM
Okay, so I am still holding at 154. I have to get back into my exercise routines again.:strong:

Good luck to everyone this week:D

soozie
09-03-2002, 12:22 AM
Well, I'm with Ruth...going in reverse. I gained a pound, back to 189...
Haven't abandoned hope though...gotta get back to exercising.
Until next week...
Yours truly,
Soozie

Time to Loose Sooz,
no time to snooze,
you have to choose,
to get over the chubby girl blues...

Wanttolosealot
09-03-2002, 10:21 AM
Go Sojo, Go SOjo,
Shake that booty girl!
Virginia

ellis
09-03-2002, 10:44 AM
Okay, I'm right with you, Soozie. 189. Gained a pound. But today is the first day of my new life!! We can do it!!!

Congrats to all of you skinnies who are losing weight. I'm very proud of you. Feel free to kick us fatties in the butt anytime soon.

christinagw@aol.com
09-03-2002, 01:16 PM
Ok I am ashamed to say this! I am back up to 139. An entire weekend of drinking wine doesn't help the figure! Oh well, back on track NOW!

Sojourner
09-05-2002, 01:04 AM
Happy to report that my scale flashed a 195.5 at me today!! Whoo hoo... that puts me down 2 1/2 pounds, which really isn't much but I can't wait to get below that 195 mark. I have been doing very well this week and feel extremely determined.

How is everyone else doing?

:goodvibes

Sojourner
09-06-2002, 12:17 PM
today the scale registered an astonishing 194.5!! I actually sunk below that 195 mark, something I have been trying to do for months. Ok, I'm changing my Sept 15 goal since I'm already 1/2 lb away from it and its only the 6th. :cb:

My new Sept 15th goal will be to lose a total of five pounds, half of which I've already lost. So that would put me at 192. :flow2:

Wanttolosealot
09-06-2002, 12:21 PM
Way to go Sojo! You go girl!
Virginia

mauvaisroux
09-07-2002, 12:05 AM
Way to go Sojourner:dancer:

katrinabgood
09-08-2002, 03:11 PM
I haven't posted here in a while...had to go all the way back to see what my goal for 9/15 was...ulp...248. That may be tough, since the 6# I gained on vacation put me aquarely on 260. ouch.

So...12 lbs in a week? Hmmm, better get out the enema bag...

Wanttolosealot
09-08-2002, 04:17 PM
Kat
Thats too funny! Good luck, and let me know how you make out, I may have to get mine out too.
Virginia

ellis
09-08-2002, 06:14 PM
what's an enema bag? Is that something dirty?
geez it's hot.

Ruthxxx
09-08-2002, 06:29 PM
ROFLOLPIMP - Ellis it's a douche bag for your butt. And if you really don't know, ask your real-life Mum! You ARE a nutcase!

ellis
09-08-2002, 06:37 PM
oh. I don't think my mother wants to discuss that sort of thing. And I don't know if I want to hear about it from HER!
Couldn't you just get a bidet?
Wait a minute... what does this have to do with losing weight? OH!! I GET IT!!!

mauvaisroux
09-08-2002, 06:52 PM
Yes, Ellis, your are right it is something dirty...like really dirty...ewww:p

You are killing me girl :lol: :lol: :lol:

soozie
09-09-2002, 12:52 AM
Kat, you are one sick mamalucha. And Ruth, it took me a couple of minutes to get your ROFLOLPIMP...too funny. Ellis, I know you're joking about not knowing what an enema is... :lol:

I'm determined to get to the gym at least once this week...still chubba bubba here...I'll let you know the stats tomorrow.
Love, Soozie

Ruthxxx
09-09-2002, 07:12 AM
Weighing in at 205.5 this morning. Wanna place bets on my getting below 200 EVER! :( Never mind, it's 3 pounds less than last week - the same 3 pounds I've been gaining and losing for years.

soozie
09-09-2002, 07:26 AM
Ruthy, too early to get on the scale yet...
it's only 6am!
you should wait a couple of hours
do some jogging inbetween,
and you may go down a few more...
don't want to look at it but will go get on the scale soon...........Sooze

mauvaisroux
09-09-2002, 08:29 AM
:p I am back up to 156:p I don't think I am taking this challenge seriously enough:mad: I will try to be good this week.

Ruthxxx- cheer up girl :) you are not alone, I have been gaining and losing and gaining the same ten pounds for 4 years up until last year. You can do it! :cb:

ellis
09-09-2002, 08:54 AM
darn. I forgot to weigh. tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow...

actually, Soozie, I DO know what an enema is, but I STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT AN ENEMA BAG IS!!??

Sojourner
09-09-2002, 12:15 PM
the 194.5 didn't last through the weekend (too much restaraunt food) BUT I am happy to report that I did lose 1 1/2 pounds this week. Here are my current numbers:

198/195.5/130

I am determined to get well down below that 195 mark this week. Why does this have to be so difficult?? :dizzy:

soozie
09-09-2002, 02:06 PM
Girls, girls,girls,girls,girls....you won't believe this...I didn't....
I'm at 187 today!!!!! Two pounds lower than last week. How in the world did that happen?????? Don't look a gift horse in the mouth and don't eat too much horse meat or put horse meat in your mouth...and drink alot of water...and exercise...not that I've been exercising....love, Soozie

Wanttolosealot
09-09-2002, 02:35 PM
Way to go, Soozie! :cp: :cp: :cp: :dance: Keep up the good work girl!

Virginia

squeaker
09-09-2002, 08:00 PM
Well I think I am down another pound to 157. It showed up 2 days in a row so I think that's what it is. But I am not sure if it will stay. Today is suppose to be day 1 of my period and all I want is salty foods. :p

:cb: woo hoo to all you girls! keep on losing!!!! :)

mauvaisroux
09-09-2002, 09:43 PM
:cp: way to go Sojo, Soozie and Squeaker :cp:

Wanttolosealot
09-10-2002, 08:06 AM
I have not weighed in yet as I do not use my scales now for an accurate reading as they are way off from the doc's and TOPS. I go tonight to weigh in , and when I return I will log on and tell you , hopefully of my lose , but not sure. Has been a bad week stress wise!:dizzy:
Virginia

soozie
09-10-2002, 12:01 PM
Hi ladies. Good luck tonight with your weigh in Virginia. Thanks for the accolades girls. Meant to get to gym today....didn't...still six days left in the week... :spin:
I'll be back in here on Monday! Love, Soozie

katrinabgood
09-10-2002, 12:16 PM
ellis, darling...

Not that I know first hand, (THANK GOD!) but an enema bag holds the water with which you...you know!

Keep in mind I DO work in a hospital, which is why I know about such things...There is actually one doctor there who orders "Milk and Molasses" enemas for his patients. I swear. I don't know if squirting that up your butt does any better than plain ol' water. Maybe....ah, never mind...I could get really gross here...

katrinabgood
09-10-2002, 12:19 PM
Me again...I did also want say:
congrats to all you LOSERS out there!

ellis
09-10-2002, 01:05 PM
oh icky poo

dentrassi
09-10-2002, 01:08 PM
My feelings EXACTLY!!!!!!!

katrinabgood
09-10-2002, 06:46 PM
Maybe you should say, "sticky poo."

Okay, I am REALLY done now!

Sojourner
09-10-2002, 09:14 PM
Well, call me crazy... but I went and did something stupid and took my body measurements. :sp: Trust me, it wasn't pretty. I haven't done this in a long time, however, I used to take measurements weekly. I am debating whether or not to go back and look at all my skinnier measurements. Geez... and I thought I was so fat back then. :cry: :rolleyes:

Well, at least I have a starting point from which to measure my pending SUCCESS!!

ellis
09-10-2002, 09:41 PM
ooooo la la!! Sojo, can we all post our measurements? I'll measure and post if YOU will!! :)

dentrassi
09-10-2002, 11:42 PM
:stress: :yikes: "MOMMY!!!!! I'm scared............":stress: :faint:

Sojourner
09-11-2002, 12:33 AM
I don't know about this... I'm brave but this is indeed scary!

Is anyone else game?

:cry:

ellis
09-11-2002, 05:39 AM
Okay girls, let's do this. I just got up, and I know it's a little early to weigh (4 AM), but I'm up to 194. That means I've gained 9 pounds in the last few weeks. Granted my depression has been bad, but THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!
I'm going to measure today and post. I want to see the big numbers and I want to see them get smaller!!
If anyone else is doing this, should we have a measurement thread, or just post them here?
xo

Wanttolosealot
09-11-2002, 07:59 AM
Well, I will measure and post too, if y'all do. Just wanted to check in and say I went to TOPS last night and I am down 3.5 this week. I was fearing the worst,but was pleasantly surprised.
Virginia

soozie
09-11-2002, 09:07 AM
Congrats Virginia!

Hey Ellis, Don't fret girlfriend...we can do this!
I will get my rear to the gym this week and then get measured there...
I think it would be better to do a measurement thread and stick to weight goals on this one? But, I'm flexible. What do the rest of you girls think?

I'm a bit squeemish about posting my measurements...isn't that goofy...not that I'd mind sharing them with all of you...just paranoid about lurkers who would mock me...I have some big circumferences in some vital areas
....:strong:...and I ain't talkin biceps here.

Soozie

ps I was convinced that that 187 had to be a fluke so I got weighed again today...187.5...not too shabby!!! Up a bit but still down a bit over all.

ellis
09-11-2002, 11:50 AM
yip yip, Virginia!! Go girl!!

Thanks for the support, Sooze...

Okay, where the **** is my measuring tape? Don't tell me I have to use a METAL ONE!!
Is someone going to start a measuring thread, or should I do it. I don't want to be the only one there, girls!!!
xo

mauvaisroux
09-12-2002, 09:26 PM
Any objections to me closing this thread on Sunday so we have a new one for Monday morning weigh in?

I will leave it up for a week after we start the new one so it can be viewed for a little while longer.

soozie
09-13-2002, 12:14 AM
Sounds good to me!!! Soozie

ellis
09-13-2002, 08:18 AM
oh, that's just fine with me, too! Mauvais, are you just going to close it? You're not going to delete it, are you? Because I like to look back sometimes. Particularly as I'm about to lose 60 pounds, heh heh.
xo

squeaker
09-13-2002, 08:40 AM
I am with Ellis - please don't delete the old posts. sometimes I like to look at them too. I am all for locking it and starting a new one though......

soozie
09-13-2002, 11:11 AM
ditto to what squeak and ellis said.

katrinabgood
09-13-2002, 11:23 AM
Sounds good to me, mauvais...oh wise and learned moderator.

Ruthxxx
09-13-2002, 06:55 PM
Gee, I have stuff in Low Carb that goes back to 2001! You never know when you might like to read it.

Sojourner
09-15-2002, 03:33 PM
Tomorrow is weigh in! :o

ellis
09-15-2002, 03:49 PM
uh oh is right

mauvaisroux
09-15-2002, 11:22 PM
I have closed this thread and started a new weigh in thread
for the next challenge:)