UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 11-12-2009, 05:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 279.5/251/150

Height: 5'6

Default Motivational thoughts of previous success

Hi everyone

Talking about last time I lost a lot of weight and how good it felt on the other thread, I was thinking that I bet I'm not the only one whose weight has been up and down over the years.

I was thinking it might be a good idea to share happy thoughts about what a nice feeling being thin(ner) and healthier was, just to get us focused on the goal in hand & remind us why it's all worth it.

Just a little thought from me for now, but I distinctly remember deciding I really had to buy a smaller pair of jeans, only to get there and find I needed to buy TWO sizes smaller. It felt great! Simple pleasures.....
Bakewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 04:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 286/157 (briefly) 170-180ish

Height: 5"9

Thanks Bakewell, that's nice!!

I am Love love loving shopping at the moment.... can buy things in any shop I want, and that is a fantastic feeling.
When I used to go shopping with my sister or other friends, in most of the shops I could only look at the shoes and accessories, and wander around generally being bored. It is just a whole new world now.
I still pick things up and think there is no way they will fit, and from time to time same thing is TOO big, hee
Ellie R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:40 AM   #3  

That sounds fantastic Ellie - I can't wait to be in that position. I've heard a lot of people say that about looking at clothes thinking they're too small - I guess it takes your head a while to catch up with your body!
Old 11-17-2009, 04:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 286/157 (briefly) 170-180ish

Height: 5"9

yup, especially jeans, I just look at them, and go...no way, and then it's hard to pull the up over legs / thigh, and you're like, yep I was right, there's no way, and then suddenly they are on and buttoned up.

Still it's not all good - as I can't really wear nice jeans that fit, as when they fit nice on bum and legs, the tummy spill over is far too excessive
Ellie R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:47 PM   #5  

Well long tunic-style tops are still in aren't they? I see no reason why you can't show off your shapely legs without skimming over the bits you're not so keen to show off!