Old 11-12-2009, 09:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Default Normally would have given up by now...

There have been 3 summers total (including this past summer) where I have started/restarted to seriously tried to lose weight. Then, when school started up again (I'm a grad student), I would lose steam, and by this time of the semester, I would have pretty much given up.

But this time I'm still here! I think that this is a good sign. I always thought that I couldn't do healthy eating during the semester because I was too tired to cook, and then I would wind up binging on crap for stress relief. But now I find that I look forward to coming home and cooking a nice meal after a long day. It's kind of a reward!

I think part of it is that I'm going slower this time. I'm definitly messing up more, but I'm sticking with it...maybe this is the commitment that everyone talks about? Before, I think I would give up when the motivation left. But now, I'm not at all motivated. Not one bit. But I'm here, posting. And I'm cooking healthy foods. And most weeks, I'm losing. Maybe this will be the time that it sticks!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:31 AM   #2  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

~WOOOOOT WOOOOOOT~I AM SOOOOOOOO PROUD OF YOU!!! YOU HAVE NEVER REALLY GAVE UP BECAUSE YOU ALWAYS START BACK~SO ACTUALLY YOU ARE A DETERMINED PERSON!
I ALWAYS SAY IF YOU START DETERMINED & STAY DETRMINED(WHICH SEEMS YOU HAVE) THAN YOU CAN DO IT!! SO YOU CAN DO IT!!

I am online most days....So feel free to message me If ya need any support ever & Am always happy to lend an ear!! Cause we all need someone to listen or help us from time to time on a down day~BUT HOPEFULLY WE HAVE LOTS OF UP DAYS!!!
GOOD LUCK!!

Last edited by Lori259; 11-12-2009 at 09:32 AM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Thanks Lori! I guess you're right, I never thought of myself that way. I know I'm determined in other areas, but I never thought of it within the context of weight loss.
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:36 AM   #4  
Live. Laugh. Love.

S/C/G: 191.5/126/120

Height: 5'1

slow and steady wins the race !!! I think cooking is fun too!!
Remember to plan ahead to stay ahead of the game for those days you feel "ughhhhh"

GREAT JOB STAYING STRONGGGG
InControl2Day is offline   Reply With Quote