Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-10-2009, 08:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 212/ticker/155

Height: 5'7"

Smile Engaged Newbie

Hi! I'm a newbie ... I've kind of being playing a "ghost" for a while in the forums reading them and finally decided to join ...

I'm 21 and getting married in April. My goal weight is 155. I actually want to get between 145-155 which was my happy fluctuation weight for years. The last couple of years between school, work, and relationship I've put on a lot of weight.

At first it was just 5 lbs here, 10 lbs there ... I didn't weigh myself for 6 months last year, stepped on the scale and it was over 200 lbs! I just couldn't believe it. I saw myself in pictures and couldn't even believe it was me! When did I gain all this weight? I wanted to lose weight for a few months, but wasn't serious about it.

Then my wonderful boyfriend proposed in March. You'd think I would have been more motivated, but instead I put on 10 more lbs. (Wedding planning stress I guess). On top of that I'm graudating in December and planning to find a job and apply for graudate schools ...

Anyways, starting July 18th (at 212) I got serious. I went on a vegan diet for 26 days (b/c a vegan friend of mine heard me talking about weight loss, eating better, etc and challenged me). It was hard, but I lost 12 lbs and was motivated. I switched to vegetarian for about a month and lost another 8 lbs. After that I did noS for a little over a month and have now lost almost 30 lbs.

My weight loss in the last couple weeks has slowed down to a .5 or 1 lb a week ... I realized I was probably eating more calories and now that I've lost weight I don't need as many. So, starting yesterday I began a calorie counting using FitDayPC ... Hoping that will help and I'll keep my weight loss up!

I'm 5 months to go until my wedding (1 1/2 months until engagement pictures) and 30 lbs to go. I'm tall and have a medium frame. Although I've dropped a pants size I haven't really noticed the weight loss that much ... I'm thinking the next couple of pounds I will really start to notice ...

Anyways sorry to make this so long. Thanks for listening ( err, reading)
Ashbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:22 PM   #2  
Featherweight

S/C/G: 135/130/125

Height: 5'3.5"

Hi Ashbee to 3FC. Great start on your weight loss and congrats on your upcoming wedding. You'll find lots of help and great people on here, good luck with your plan!
AR4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:33 AM   #3  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Ashbee!
It's sounds like you're off to a great start with a good plan - congrats on your success so far and being that much closer to your goal - we're all here to cheer you on!

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated, inspired and entertained! You'll also find info and first hand advice on different plans to help get through the ups and downs.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here a short time myself, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of cheating or giving up.

So welcome - you've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 03:20 PM   #4  

Thank you both for the warm welcome!
Old 11-11-2009, 03:52 PM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to 3FC and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:31 AM   #6  

Michelle: