Old 11-10-2009, 11:42 AM   #1  

Height: 5'5"

Default Help from maintainers...

There is a lot of wondering going on in the November thread about what happens during stabilization and maintance... Is there anyone who can help us get a better picture of what happens during these times? I know my center was pretty vague when I asked about it. Thanks for the help!!!
daizy hotrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:06 PM   #2  
magnolia girl

S/C/G: 170/150/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by daizy hotrocks View Post
There is a lot of wondering going on in the November thread about what happens during stabilization and maintance... Is there anyone who can help us get a better picture of what happens during these times? I know my center was pretty vague when I asked about it. Thanks for the help!!!
You can search the MRC Forum for "maintainers" or "Stablization"
there or post that might give you info. Some of the post are old,
but has some helpful information.
Wish I was close to this, but still have about 20- 25#'s to go.
magnoliagirl
magnoliagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

I asked at my center. They said that the Maintance is more like a calorie based program that you use the checks and balances of calories to maintain your weight. Such as if you know you are going to be consuming a lot of calories at dinner, you eat a lighter lunch and breakfast so your daily consumption of calories remains consistant. The stabilization, I was told, is where you slowly add in foods that have been missing out of your diet. I assume like yogurt and stuff like that. I had joked that it was like some mysterious crossing over, kinda like death. We don't know what lies on the "other side" and stuff like that.
Lori123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:17 PM   #4  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

Default Don't read if you want Stabilization to be a surprise!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daizy hotrocks View Post
Ok, I'll share their secrets and how I'm dealing with maintenance (so I don't become a repeat offender!) Each week's new food is in addition to previous week's new food - HNSs are decreased gradually.
Stabilization Week 1 - add a new starch to lunch 3 days this week.
Stabilization Week 2 - add a new fruit to breakfast 3 days this week.
Stabilization Week 3 - add one dairy serving every day this week.
Stabilization Week 4 - add the new starch at lunch every day this week AND add new vegetable (different from previous veggies) serving 2 times at this week.
Stabilization Week 5 - Add the fruit at breakfast every day this week AND add a 2nd dairy and a fat serving every day this week.
Stabilization Week 6 is same as week 5 - HNSs are down to 1 per day and used as a snack. It is very important to keep a food diary during this time because of how our individual bodies react to certain foods.

Maintenance is a Smart Selection page recommending how many servings and the sizes of servings for the different food groups for either 1200 or 1500 calories per day.

With Stabilization I had a hard time remembering when I was supposed to eat something new and then I kept forgetting to eat something I had been eating all along. I tried repeating Week 5 and 6 hoping to be more On Program but didn't really do any better 2nd time around. I really felt ready for Maintenance even though I had not quite gotten to my weight goal. Maybe my goal weight was really too low. I posted the Before and After pictures MRC took of me on my profile. They are from 19 May 2009 and 19 October 2009 when I started Stabilization.

I am going to keep doing my food diary. I have added headers to the maintenance spreadsheet to indicate how many servings per day of each of the food groups I should strive for, then I total how many I actually ate each day. I occasionally have an HNS but I often have a Protein shake with the Whey Isolate Powder my husband buys. I use powdered skim milk in that and in my coffee (and puddings or anything I can put it in - adds more protein as well as calcium). I am trying to eat as similar to the Green Menu as possible with the additional servings Stabilization added in. I will keep as far away from High Fructose Corn Syrup as possible (reading labels as I buy things - catsup, cocktail sauce, crackers - they are putting it in everything and it causes me to lose my "will power") and I will decrease my use of sugar as well (as compared to before MRC - I was very good at cutting out all sugar while I was on the program and was so surprised at how little I was tempted or had cravings - only when I had something that had hidden sugar in it did I have problems. That was how I found out that cocktail sauce and kielbasa had HFCS in them).

I do weigh myself each morning after I wake up and pee, and last thing before I go to bed each night. I got my scale at BJ's warehouse for $27 - it is a Taylor 5568 that tells % body fat, % body water, % muscle, BMI and calories needed to sustain that weight. I'm not really concerned about minor fluctuations but it is keeping me honest at least right now.

What I really need to do now is exercise to tone my muscles and help my loose skin firm up. I do aerobic/stretching in a warm water pool twice a week, go to yoga at my center once or twice a week and do yoga at home 3 more times a week. I purchased running shoes for good foot support and am trying to walk more often especially now that the weather has cooled off. I go to a medical massage therapist twice a month to help keep my muscles, ligament and joints in proper shape. I am trying to get more sleep (so I really should log off and go to bed). It really is a whole process - I'm not sure I could have done this when I had 2 kids at home and a full time job, but I'm really glad I found MRC and 3FCs when I did. Feel free to ask any questions - I'm very willing to share what I can. jeanette

Last edited by reuselady; 11-10-2009 at 11:29 PM.
reuselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:03 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 219.5/see ticker/168

Height: 5'7"

reuselady (Jeanette) - I really find you a true inspiration for me as I also have 2 children at home and a full time job and have found it nearly impossible with every other plan to lose weight. I am very positive and determined to make MRC work and this website has been very helpful in that. Today I am day 5 OP and keep telling myself one day at a time! I am very surprised I have not had any cravings for sweets - I am still working on my mindset that I do not need them (especially since I don't even really want them) and I am getting better about carbs!

Thank you for posting information on stabilization and maintenance. It helps to see the big picture sometimes and know that this is doable and I can do it! Your before and after pics are AMAZING! Not only that I can imagine how great you feel - I am already feeling more energy.

Congratulations on your success - I can only hope to join you and the many other success stories in 17 weeks!!
leigh34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:08 AM   #6  

Jeanette: Thanks for all of the useful information. I will be starting Stabilization in about a month (based on my calculations) and now know what to expect. Your pictures are great. It is a good idea to wear the same top! Now I also know that you were in a couple of the Connections classes I went to.
ali g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:14 AM   #7  

Height: 5'5"

Thank you so much for your posting Jeanette. I will be attending the December stabilization class at my center and I am very excited to start this part of the journey.
daizy hotrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 07:22 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 209/150/155

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuselady View Post
Ok, I'll share their secrets and how I'm dealing with maintenance (so I don't become a repeat offender!) Each week's new food is in addition to previous week's new food - HNSs are decreased gradually.
Stabilization Week 1 - add a new starch to lunch 3 days this week.
Stabilization Week 2 - add a new fruit to breakfast 3 days this week.
Stabilization Week 3 - add one dairy serving every day this week.
Stabilization Week 4 - add the new starch at lunch every day this week AND add new vegetable (different from previous veggies) serving 2 times at this week.
Stabilization Week 5 - Add the fruit at breakfast every day this week AND add a 2nd dairy and a fat serving every day this week.
Stabilization Week 6 is same as week 5 - HNSs are down to 1 per day and used as a snack. It is very important to keep a food diary during this time because of how our individual bodies react to certain foods.

Maintenance is a Smart Selection page recommending how many servings and the sizes of servings for the different food groups for either 1200 or 1500 calories per day.

With Stabilization I had a hard time remembering when I was supposed to eat something new and then I kept forgetting to eat something I had been eating all along. I tried repeating Week 5 and 6 hoping to be more On Program but didn't really do any better 2nd time around. I really felt ready for Maintenance even though I had not quite gotten to my weight goal. Maybe my goal weight was really too low. I posted the Before and After pictures MRC took of me on my profile. They are from 19 May 2009 and 19 October 2009 when I started Stabilization.

I am going to keep doing my food diary. I have added headers to the maintenance spreadsheet to indicate how many servings per day of each of the food groups I should strive for, then I total how many I actually ate each day. I occasionally have an HNS but I often have a Protein shake with the Whey Isolate Powder my husband buys. I use powdered skim milk in that and in my coffee (and puddings or anything I can put it in - adds more protein as well as calcium). I am trying to eat as similar to the Green Menu as possible with the additional servings Stabilization added in. I will keep as far away from High Fructose Corn Syrup as possible (reading labels as I buy things - catsup, cocktail sauce, crackers - they are putting it in everything and it causes me to lose my "will power") and I will decrease my use of sugar as well (as compared to before MRC - I was very good at cutting out all sugar while I was on the program and was so surprised at how little I was tempted or had cravings - only when I had something that had hidden sugar in it did I have problems. That was how I found out that cocktail sauce and kielbasa had HFCS in them).

I do weigh myself each morning after I wake up and pee, and last thing before I go to bed each night. I got my scale at BJ's warehouse for $27 - it is a Taylor 5568 that tells % body fat, % body water, % muscle, BMI and calories needed to sustain that weight. I'm not really concerned about minor fluctuations but it is keeping me honest at least right now.

What I really need to do now is exercise to tone my muscles and help my loose skin firm up. I do aerobic/stretching in a warm water pool twice a week, go to yoga at my center once or twice a week and do yoga at home 3 more times a week. I purchased running shoes for good foot support and am trying to walk more often especially now that the weather has cooled off. I go to a medical massage therapist twice a month to help keep my muscles, ligament and joints in proper shape. I am trying to get more sleep (so I really should log off and go to bed). It really is a whole process - I'm not sure I could have done this when I had 2 kids at home and a full time job, but I'm really glad I found MRC and 3FCs when I did. Feel free to ask any questions - I'm very willing to share what I can. jeanette
Thanks for the info....I was wondering what all was involved with stabilization and maintenance. Sounds like someting I can do....when I get to goal.
You also mentioned your own version of MQ...Was that on stabilization or Maintenance? Were you still using MRC products?
Congrats on your success. Seeing others reach the goal lets me know it's possible. Janelle
Roadqueen is offline   Reply With Quote