Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-10-2009, 09:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 127/114/100

Height: 5'2"

Default Down 27 pounds, up 16

Hello all ~

I am hoping that someone can help me regain control of my increasingly out of control situation.

I finally lost the 27 pounds I needed to lose to hit my goal. Now, less than a year later, I'm back to binging at night, and when I got on the scale this morning, there was no denying the numbers. Out of the 27 pounds I have lost, I'm back up 16 pounds.

I'm very upset, discouraged, and feeling hopeless. Like a failure.

If anyone has any advice they can give me - or if they've been in similar situations and successfully rectified them, I would really, really appreciate the advice/support, more than you know. I'm still thinking about the scale numbers from this morning and I'm still crying about it. I've never lost so much weight - or gotten so big again. Very discouraging.

Thanks,
Nell

P.S. - if there is anyone in NC who wants/needs a weight loss buddy, that would be great. If you email me here, I will send you my regular email address and hopefully we can work something out.

Take care!
nellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:56 AM   #2  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

Don't feel hopeless -- this is not an easy journey by any means and binging is a very difficult thing to to overcome.

I'm somewhat in the same situation -- lost about 42 pounds at my lowest -- back up 20.

I have found the cure, but I know that you can't give up because that will plunge us right back to where we were before.

I also know that the longer you go without a binge, the easier it becomes. I would try a planned evening snack, some herbal tea, a walk or a book and even surfing around 3FCs for a while whenever you want to binge.

It's so tough to re-program again but it can be done! Good luck!!
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

You are still maintaining 11 pound loss. Try to remember that.

Also, you know what is causing the gain. Start by taking one step that is a move in the right direction right this very minute. Go for a walk. Plan a low-cal healthy dinner. Jump rope. Whatever. One good decision, and then another. Then another. You will see that scale dropping this week! That is the good news. It is all up to you. I know you can do it.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:51 AM   #4  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I think you need to find out why you are binging at night. Boredom? Stress? Find out what's causing you to binge and you should be able to figure out a way to stop- I know for me I ate at night cuz I was bored- now I crochet to keep my hands busy
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:14 PM   #5  

WELL... I'm also training very hard. I spend about 2.5 hours at the gym a day, and my workday gives me very little time to actually eat (I work straight through because I had been taking night classes, so I don't take a lunch). I wind up eating very little during the day, then hit the gym now that I don't have class, and by the time I get home it's nearly 8:30 at night and I'm ravenous. I'm feeling pretty gross at the moment. I know its not the end of the world, but I just hate the way people treat me now that I've gained some of the weight back. I'm also terrible for carbs and sweets - sadly, the first thing I hit when I get through the door at night.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:15 PM   #6  

Thanks so much for your encouragement. I'm stressing hard, but your kind words are motivation to keep going.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:03 PM   #7  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Keep going, don't give up! you can turn this around in no time. Your still down 11 lbs., so your ahead of the game. I would say to try to sneak some fiber and protein in your diet during the day so your not so starving at night. Night time eating really makes you gain weight fast. You can do it!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote