Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-10-2009, 01:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 223/220/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Newbie struggling to get started.

Hello all! My name is Sarah and I'm 20 years old. I had been looking for a free online weightloss support group and I heard about this place in a video I was watching of Jillian Michaels. I took sometime to look around and it's a fantastic forum. There are so many beautiful woman here, it's amazing!

Over the past six months I've been struggling to get a good start at losing weight. Me and my big sis signed up at a gym and she is doing fabulous. My sister has lost about 20 -25 pounds and me well... let's just say I need a lot of help.

I have always been heavier than most girls for the majority of my life. And since I graduated HS, I have put on at least 30-40 pounds on top of already being heavy and gaining. It's horrifying! I don't want to wake up one day and realize I gained 100 pounds.

So please, I need all the help and support I can get. I'm sick of always feeling tired and sluggish. My weight has really held me back from a lot of my dreams. One major one being that I want to be a part of the entertainment industry. How can I do that if I don't feel good about myself.

I'd say I need to lose a good 70-80 pounds. The problem is, I can't stay motivated for longer than 2 weeks at a time. What can I do to stay motivated? I'm already popping out of my size 16 jeans!
supergirl89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:39 AM   #2  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Sarah!
It's sounds like you're ready to go - there are many here who can relate to your story and your feelings - we're all here to cheer you on!

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated, inspired and entertained! You'll also find info and first hand advice on different plans to help choose the right one for you and to get through the ups and downs.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here a short time myself, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of cheating or giving up.

So welcome - you've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

Last edited by leeway; 11-11-2009 at 01:16 AM.
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck! For me the best motivation was getting on the scale and seeing a loss, even if it was only half a pound it gave me the desire to stay with it . I set myself short goals, 10 pounds at a time and when I reached that I tried for another ten , It didn't seem so impossible when I thought of it as 10 pounds at a time.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:39 PM   #4  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to 3FC and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 224/206/154

Height: 5ft7

hey, im also 20 and new! Im in a similar situation I think I need to lose around 70 pounds. Ive been trying for a good while now and Im excited to be using this site, it seems a very friendly place and hopefully we will find alot of support here. Its great to talk to people with the same problems.

Good Luck!
Kitty89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:21 PM   #6  
Live. Laugh. Love.

S/C/G: 191.5/126/120

Height: 5'1

Good luck ^_^

Just take it day by day and not lose sight on why you are trying to lose/get healthy in the first place...
InControl2Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:11 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 226/220/135

Height: 5'0"

Hello Sarah and everyone else !

My name is Jandy and i'm 29 years old. I was searching for "flirty girls fitness" and i found this forum and I looked around and I like it. Over the past years I have been struggling to get a good start at losing weight. My friend Cecy and I use it walk a mile but now she has no time to walk a mile like we use it before. We stoped going. I started walking again by myself but its not the same. Let's just say I need a lot of help.

To tell you the truth I don't remember when i stated gaining weight at an early age .

I'd say I need to lost a good 85 pounds. The problem is, I can't stay motivated for long than 2 weeks at a time. What can I do to stay motivated enough for me to lose weight?

So please, I need all the help and support I can get. My weight has really held me back from a lot of my dreams and I'm tired of that. Also, I want to feel good about myself.

My mother passed away 2 years from cancer. She made me promise her that I'm going to take care of myself. she meant to lose weight because she had "type 2 diabetes" and she don't want me to have that. So I promise her that I'm going to take care of myself more. When she died I was at 250 pounds , in less than a month I think I was at 190 pounds. Sadly I gain back some pounds because my friend marisol said to me this "you have to eat".

Thank you for reading my story!
la caifana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:49 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 168/138/129

Height: 5'4"

Hey Sarah!

I also just joined, and I find that losing weight is super-super-hard for me. But you know, I'm glad there are so many women here who can relate to what we are going through.

So hold your head up high. Nobody said that you had to reach your goal overnight -- just give it some time and never give up. You can do it.

Hugs,
W.
TheWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:37 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 225/203/175

Height: 5'6"

I'm new here too. I'm coming from a bit of a different perspective; I'm almost 43 and my big motivator for losing weight is a couple of health issues that I'm tired of, and want to clear up (hypoglycemia, a peptic ulcer, and chronic joint pain). I've dieted and lost weight three times in the past, and put it all back on plus a little more each time. I don't want to do that again; I want the extra weight off, I want to keep it off, and I want to adjust my lifestyle for sustainable changes. My health issues are frustrating me, because they'd clear up if I could lose weight, but they are making losing weight very difficult (nice Catch-22 there!).
Supernatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:28 PM   #10  

Default Another first step

Like so many of you, I too am struggling to lose weight. I've had a few successes here and there, but I've realized that what I've been missing is a community of support. I used to think that I was just a whimp, but I see I'm not alone! I hope to find a few good souls to connect with and to give me a push to keep going on those days I just want to quit.

...here's another first step!
Paikea is offline   Reply With Quote