30-Somethings - 30 Somethings Daily Chat Manic Monday 11/09

lots2go
11-09-2009, 09:02 AM
Hey girls, I hope it's ok that I start this thread....I'm about to start getting everyone ready, and I have to work today. I did excellent last week if I may say so without sounding prideful :o I stayed on plan all week, and ended up losing 4.6 lbs :carrot::carrot::carrot: I'm so excited! We are doing the biggest loser challenge at church and there are 10 ladies doing it. We lost a total of 35 lbs this past week! It's so exciting to see everyone so happy and feeling good about themselves.

Anyway, since i have to work today ( my only day to work outside the home ) I'm having a big ole salad for lunch. I'm doing Atkins so, low carbs for me.

See u all tonight!

mortonpixie
11-09-2009, 10:44 AM
Good morning! Yes, lots2go, always okay to start us off! Thanks!! Big congrats on staying OP all week and coming away with some fruits of your labors.

I can't say that I was OP yesterday at all. We traveled and I ate at Chinese Buffet for lunch...then we had Arby's in the car on the way home. Maybe I would've been okay...but I had 3 small roast beef sandwiches. :( Boo.

Up and at 'em at 5:45 today - on the treadmill for 40 minutes, a little stretching, shower, recieved the daycare baby, then off to the Chiropractor - back home, breakfast (banana and 2 slices home made honey flax bread) coffee...coffee...coffee... And I need to do some serious laundry today. Our floor drain in the basement was backing up every time I did a load...got that fixed Friday so time to catch up.

I have a rotisserie chicken in the fridge for lunch - maybe some nuggets for the kiddies. Gotta get in the fridge and see if the asparagus and broccoli I bought last week are still any good. Last week was difficult in the sleep department and consequently I didn't cook as well as I should have.

Happy Monday everyone!! :carrot:

AFChick
11-09-2009, 12:04 PM
Happy Monday!

I did eat cake at (BOTH) parties, but I did keep it to small pieces...I also didn't totally binge the rest of the time because of giving in on one thing...so that's a minor victory.

I weighed myself Saturday (now my official weigh-in day for myself) and I'm down just over a pound...now at 196.2, so I'm still heading downward. I think I worked out too much last week (2 or 3 times a day) and burned out. I did no workouts this weekend. I'm going to cut back a bit and see if that helps me keep it up through the weekend better.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Jen

Mango30
11-09-2009, 01:36 PM
So, after I posted in the weekend thread on Saturday night, I spilled a glass of wine on my laptop and fried it. FML.

Yesterday my BFF and I took the day off of funeral planning. Because her Dad is being cremated we're having the funeral later on this month instead of right away. It gives family a chance to get here, since we are really off the beaten path, I mean, really really off the beaten path and its expensive to get here.

Yesterday I did stellar in the food department. I was way under calories thanks to no appitite. I did have a bloody mary at the bar in the afternoon though. Its a Sunday tradition. Three of my good friends are bartenders, and I used to be a bartender so I've been doing Sunday bloody's at 2pm for a while now.

Tonight I have class, and I also have my son home from school because he has an earache that kept him up all night. Oh, yeah, that too, I think I got about 2 hours of sleep last night total. My food plans for today are soupy...yes, I made soup. So I'll be eating that till its gone. yum.

squeak351
11-09-2009, 02:01 PM
Hey Lots! WTG on dropping 4.6 lbs. Is this your first week on LC? I've been doing a LC diet for just over 2 weeks now and am down 8.5. What version are you doing?

Mort- How is your DS? I was always the one that had to clean up the puke too. DH would puke just smelling it.

Mango- I am so sorry about your friend's dad. I'll be thinking about you guys. My FIL had a stroke just over a week ago. So sad.

Everyone elese- keep up the good work!

Me- I've been so busy but I did manage to get all of my Christmas decorations out. DH always throws a fit! LOL because I put my stuff out before Thanksgiving. BUT I love my Christmas stuff and want to enjoy it longer than 4 weeks.
I also go to go Christmas shopping on Friday all by myself. *woot-woot* Then I realized I left my list at the house. *boo* but got most of what I had written down on the list. I have it all safely tucked away in my new hiding place. Last year DH and DD found my spot. This year it is in my chest, it has a lock on it. It can still be opened but you have to turn it a certain way. I put everything at the bottom of the chest and piled all the blankets back on top in the same order. LOL If they find that spot next year I will have to resort to keeping it at someone else's house.

I have exercise class tonight that I am thinking about ditching. I REALLY need to get to the store and DD has been begging for me to play the Wii with her. If I spend time with her and play the Wii I will still be moving. If I exercise I won't get to the store, nor will I get to spend time with her.

Doing good in the food dept. Staying away from what I am not supposed to have. It's hard but I think in the long run it will be worth it. I *want* so badly to be under 200. And not just for a moment but for the long run.

lots2go
11-10-2009, 12:03 AM
hi squeak :) this is my first week on LC I'm doing Atkins, at least until Thanksgiving, then we'll see where I go from there. The last time I lost using Atkins I stayed OP for about a month and then switched to calorie counting, and continued to lose.

What did you do about the exercise class? I vote staying home w/ your dd :)

I wanna get my stuff out for Christmas soon, hopefully this week. I did do Christmas shopping, but we do layaway, so it's hidden until the middle of Dec ;)

squeak351
11-10-2009, 10:53 AM
I didn't end up doing either exercise. DD and I just stayed home and chilled. We keep the couch company and both of us cuddled up together watching the Food Network and Animal Planet.

I am doing The Metabolism Miracle Diet. After phase 1 I can eat carbs again. I am longing for the day I can eat fruit again. That's the part I miss the most is my fruit.

>fruitaholic< here! lol :cb: