Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-08-2009, 05:05 PM   #1  
SMM

S/C/G: 222/219/130

Height: 5' 4"

Default Looking for great scale

Hi, I am looking for recommendations for an accurate bathroom scale. Does any one have a great accurate scale that they love?
SMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 05:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

I bought one from Target. I think its made by Taylor. It was $20 on sale.
It just gives weight, in lbs. but its digital! Major upgrade...i wouldnt go back
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:59 PM   #3  
MindBodySpirit Health

S/C/G: 246/216/186

Height: 5'4"

I would highly reccommend getting a balance scale (like the kind in the doctor's office) if you're looking for an accurate scale. The problem with digital scales is that you can step on it 5 different times and get 5 different readings. With a balance scale, you balance out at a specific weight. No guess work. My balance scale is by Dectecto. I can't remember which website I purchased it from but the company website for this brand is www.detectoscale.com.
angieaang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 03:23 PM   #4  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

I have a Weight Watcher's scale that reads to the fifth of a pound, records weight and sets goals. I got it at Wally World for $30.
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 03:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMM View Post
Hi, I am looking for recommendations for an accurate bathroom scale. Does any one have a great accurate scale that they love?
I am on my third scale. My first two were digital-- one is not that accurate. It's plus or minus four to five pounds even with fresh batteries.

The second, a Taylor body fat scale was a waste of money and a TOTAL DUD. It worked for about six weeks-- the body fat part only worked for about a week. I wasted my money buying TWO new lithium batteries. Customer service did not return my calls.

The third one is the charm but I invested big bucks. I got a Tanita body fat scale. It never varies at all even if I step on it five times, and I really like the body fat measure-- for one thing, when I'm up a little because I'm retaining water I can see it when I check my % body water.

It was worth it for me because I was wasting tons of time and worry on the fact that my scales never gave me the same weight twice.

Now it's just one more thing off my worry plate.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:28 AM   #6  
inkblots217

S/C/G: 256/215/150

Height: 5'6"

I use a weight watchers scale. I got it at Wal-mart and paid around $30 for it about 1 year ago. It weighs to the fifth of a pound, and I have found it to be accurate in comparison to my doctor's scale.
inkblots217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:24 PM   #7  
Be happy.

I have a Taylor 7530.
I got it at WalMart a couple of years ago and it's been great - I hope it lasts forever. It's one of the few digital scales I've ever used that gives the exact same reading 3 times in a row and it's not especially sensitive to where your feet are positioned (I had to trace my feet on my old one to be sure I always stood in the same spot. )

It's an inexpensive scale, right around $20 if I remember right but I've been very happy with mine.
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote