Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-08-2009, 10:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165.6/158.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Default my body hates me....

Ok so I am soooooooo frustrated and angry with my body.

#1. First of all, we are very social and are with friends almost every weekend. This ususally includes a drink or two. Even though I plan for it and it fits well within my calorie range.....I still gain!!!! It is soooooo frustrating. EVERY SINGLE TIME!!

#2. When I am sick or injured and can't work out....I lose great! LOL! But when I am well, and working hard, and have awesome calorie deficits.....I lose nothing or gain. It doesn't make any since. I was sick all week and in bed, so my deficit was only 100-200 calories a day, yet I lost 1.5 lbs. It was exactly what I estimated.

ARGH!!!!!! My body hates me!
crcossel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:42 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I think it's the other way around...

Alcohol dehydrates you, and oddly makes you retain water--especially since people often eat salty foods when drinking.

Exercised muscle also retains water and can lead to weight increase. But it's better to exercise than not.

Water weight isn't worth worrying about. It's fat you need to lose!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Actually it makes perfect sense, if you know a little about how your body works.

The water retention/release of exercise and illness isn't your body hating you, it's your body protecting itself (you) - it's doing it's job.

You body isn't the problem, it's your judging yourself and your body only by the scale.

As for losing during illness or injury, aside from water retention, fighting infection and healing is hard work, often even harder work than aerobic exercise (and it's going on 24/7 not in 20 to 60 hour increments).

I think you'll "get along" better with your body if you work with it, rather than against it. And by that I don't mean that you not have a drink or two, but rather that you not be so hard on it (and yourself) with unrealistic expectations.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote