Old 11-08-2009, 10:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/148/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Is carb blocker worth it?

Those of you with experience with this product--worth it? How have you used it and gotten away with it? Holidays only??
porchmom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 03:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I've never tried it but was wondering the same thing with the holidays coming up.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 04:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/159/133

I bought the fat/carb blocker yesterday and used it before my Mexican fiesta! The way it works is that you replace it with your 2 oil pills at dinner (b/c the fat/carb blocker can't distinguish between good fats/bad fats). You take 2 right before your meal. It binds with 55 grams of fat/carbs. Your urine/bowel movement can be oily (that's what I was told). I haven't experienced anything like that. I asked if it would make me have to run to the bathroom or anything and they said no....it just binds with the fat/carbs and then your body would get rid of it. I had ZERO negative effects. I also have a lunch meeting w/a friend tomorrow at a Mexican restaurant and I'll be taking them again for that but I'll make sure I won't have any margaritas and I'll make better choices....prob a grilled chicken salad vs the margaritas and fajitas I had last night I'll let y'all know how it work after I WI next Saturday
shopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 06:44 PM   #4  
magnolia girl

S/C/G: 170/150/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopgirl View Post
I bought the fat/carb blocker yesterday and used it before my Mexican fiesta! The way it works is that you replace it with your 2 oil pills at dinner (b/c the fat/carb blocker can't distinguish between good fats/bad fats). You take 2 right before your meal. It binds with 55 grams of fat/carbs. Your urine/bowel movement can be oily (that's what I was told). I haven't experienced anything like that. I asked if it would make me have to run to the bathroom or anything and they said no....it just binds with the fat/carbs and then your body would get rid of it. I had ZERO negative effects. I also have a lunch meeting w/a friend tomorrow at a Mexican restaurant and I'll be taking them again for that but I'll make sure I won't have any margaritas and I'll make better choices....prob a grilled chicken salad vs the margaritas and fajitas I had last night I'll let y'all know how it work after I WI next Saturday
Hello shopgirl,
I have been wondering about this too. I thought with the holidays, I could use it. I was wondering if this would compare any to Alli? Let me know how your weigh in goes after you use it.
magnoliagirl
magnoliagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

[QUOTE=shopgirl;3005920]I bought the fat/carb blocker yesterday and used it before my Mexican fiesta! The way it works is that you replace it with your 2 oil pills at dinner (b/c the fat/carb blocker can't distinguish between good fats/bad fats). You take 2 right before your meal. It binds with 55 grams of fat/carbs. QUOTE]

Ahhhh... good to know about this! They forgot to mention that at my center. I sure hope that taking it with the oils doesn't interfere much. Thanks for the info!
Carla B.
cmb9697 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:25 PM   #6  
Obese

S/C/G: 238/238/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopgirl View Post

Which one did you buy?

I've been browsing website looking for one with rave reviews and have seen one or two brands that I may want to try, but I didn't know that oily excrement would be a side effect. Do all carb blockers have this effect?
Fiona24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/240/150

Height: 5'2"

I've used the MRC fat/carb blocker before never was told about any side effects and never had any. I was told 2 only use it occassionally to go off plan. Take 30 mins. before meal
rn5192008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:54 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/199/160

Height: 5'6

What are the oil pills??? I am so confused!!
gerdes9195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:30 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerdes9195 View Post
What are the oil pills??? I am so confused!!
I think that's the Flax or Fish oil
cmb9697 is offline   Reply With Quote