Support Groups - Herbal Magic #6

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Herbal Magic #6

better life
11-07-2009, 09:04 PM
I hope I did this right...I know that threads only hold 500 posts and we my friends are pretty much there. So this is the new thread for us!!!!!!!

Kim

Lauratigger
11-07-2009, 09:16 PM
I found it - thanks Kim!

Does anyone know about stabilization? Do you still take WM2000 in addition to something else - or just the something else? Are you likely to lose more weight in that six weeks? I'm trying to decide if I want to officially change my goal, or just call it and see what happens. Part of me wants to keep going (I haven't been in the 130's since I was 12 years old). But part of me wants to stop spending so much money, and more important I worry I won't be able to maintain it. Any info/advice is appreciated!!! Thanks!

Albertachickie
11-08-2009, 07:36 AM
Just wanted to thank everyone for their kind words. It's really refreshing knowing that there are people you don't even know rooting for you!

Dria
11-08-2009, 10:06 AM
Laura You continue to take the WM2000's all through stab
Yes you can lose in stab some people up to 5 lbs still. Some dont though depends on how fast your metabolism is
Once you start Maintenance you will replace the WM2000's for the Platinum 2000's

better life
11-08-2009, 11:44 AM
Good Morning everyone!!

What a beautiful day here!! Hope you are all having the same wonderful weather!!

Fallon...no worries hun we are all rooting for you!! Just remember if you need to vent off or just talk send me a message...not here to judge anything, just want to be there for you. I know what you are going through as my husband and I were having problems in the spring but we worked through them and now we are closer then we ever were....still has it moments...but everyone does. I wish the best for you!!

Dria...it is so nice to see you on the boards...have missed you!! How have you been doing??

Laura...do what you think is best for you...do you think you could maintain in the 130's? My goal weight is 137.5....but I am thinking for me 140-150 will be easier for me to maintain...and honestly I think I will look better in that range, I have lost alot of inches already and I don't want to look too small if I go into the 130's....although it would be AWESOME as I have not been there since I was about 12 myself....I want to be realistic about it, and not set myself up for failure...but hey who knows....I might just go all the way!!

Well ladies I did it....I RAN this morning...it was more of a walk/run....I walked for about the first 25 minutes as I was trying to talk myself into biting the bullet and running then I thought...WTH and I just did it. I walk/ran 5.51km in 1hr 2 minutes....I am so proud of myself. Little sore...but soooooo proud of me!! And I didn't die doing it...LOL...which is a good thing...ha ha. Hope I can get out of bed in the morning...LOL

Once again I think I am in THE ZONE...I feel so in control again....I hope I can stay here this time....it is the little bumps along the way that throw me off....Jan from the center told me Thursday that she is glad I have ran into these curves along the way...because that is life...and I know she is right. Life isn't perfect and there are obstacles along the way all the time. I just wish they would stay out of my life for a while....LOL

I weigh again Wednesday and that is when we are sitting down and going over everything and I think that she might be changing things up for me a bit...I have no idea what she has in mind for me.

I am very excited to be wearing my SIZE 12 PANTS today to go to the baby shower!!! I got a sweater as well but I think it might be still just a little bit too tight...but we'll see.

Talk to you all later!!

Lauratigger
11-08-2009, 09:34 PM
Thanks Dria and BL for the info/advice. I think I'll try for another 5lbs. I've just always wanted to be a 'skinny' girl. I remember being six years old and not being able to fit into 'roadrunner' jeans that all the other girls wore. Being in the department store trying them on is actually one of my most vivid childhood memories :( So this may be my chance (34 years later) to finally get what I want. The other thing (and this drives me crazy) is I'm an 'apple' shape, most people are 'pears'. So while my weight isn't bad, my waist/hip ratio isn't that healthy. I figure the worst that can happen is I can't maintain it, I'll readjust and go back up.

WAY TO GO BL on the RUN!!!!!!! I bet by spring you'll be running a 10k race. Isn't that high you get just the best! Congrats!!!!!

Well everyone - here's to a great week when all of us are in that zone!!!
Laura

sunflower72
11-08-2009, 10:14 PM
Hello ladies!

Kim - I've been trying to doing a running program for quite awhile now and still haven't finished it but it's awesome. It's called couch to 5 k. I downloaded free podcasts on my phone and it is a 9 week program that takes couch potatoes and by the end of the 9 weeks you can run 5k. So you start off very slow doing intervals of running and walking. You are suppose to run 3 times a week non-consecutive days.

I am thinking of changing my goal weight too. They actually suggested 5 lbs more then what I wanted but from what I've heard and seen I think I should stick with their goal because like some of you said it will be easier to maintain and I really don't need to be a bean pole LOL

So how many of you are on Facebook? I'm an addict on there :)

better life
11-09-2009, 05:45 AM
Laura....glad you came to a decision..it is hard...and I sure I will deal with the exact same when I get to where you are. I am a pear shaped girl, but I guess you already know that from my pics...speaking of which are yours???? AND Tamara...yours?? LOL

Tamara and Laura...thank you....it felt so great yesterday when I was running...I had to keep pushing myself at some points and all I could think was...OMG now I know how they feel on The Biggest Loser when they push them to run on the treadmills.....because when I wantd to stop yesterday I kept telling myself....that Jillian was standing next to me and I had to keep going....it worked most times....but darn it was hard. I was SOOOOO sore by lastnight and even this morning...but I am not going to let that get me down. I am going to take today off from it, but I do go to aquafit tonight...so maybe that will help with the soreness and stiffness.

Tamara I am going to check out that program....thanks!!

FACEBOOK...oh girl you have no idea...I am addicted too...i don't play thegames there...I am just on it...ALL THE TIME....LOL

Today is my oldest sons birthday. he is 16...man I feel old....cannot believe he is 16 already...where has the time gone??? Heck if that don't make me feel old enough...my Birthday is this Friday...I will be 36...damn HOW DID THAT HAPPEN????

Well I better get moving along.....hav to eat and get to work...have a great day all!!

sunflower72
11-09-2009, 08:06 AM
Kim - Happy Birthday to your son! If you google the program you should be able to find different things. I use kickmyblackass.org, but they have all kinds of different music if you search.

I know I need to get some pics :o Unfortunately I only have head shots or I'm the one taking the pic LOL. I tried to set up my timer the other day, but my two year old kept running in the way :D Maybe I'll ask hubby to take one. I am a pear shape too though :)

I need to get to the gym. I think that's hilarious that you thought of Jillian. I LOVE that show and so wish I could have her kicking my butt LOL. I didn't go to the gym at all last week because I tried to do a cartwheel for my kids last week and I pulled a muscle :o So I am hoping to go tonight, but not sure that it's going to happen :(

I play too many games on Facebook. If anyone wants to add me let me know :D

Guess I should go get some breakfast. Hope everyone has a great day!

Lauratigger
11-09-2009, 10:54 AM
Farmville addict here Tamara! And yep on FB lots.

Kim - I'll do pics soon - I got a really ugly before one - didn't know my friend was taking it and it shows me bad. But like Tamara, I'm holding the camera, so the after pic doesn't exist yet.

I love Biggest Loser. Love Jillian, but she scares me too. We have two instructors at my gym, one is like Jillian, one is closer to Bob. I thought I would do better with the Jillian-type, but I find I'm scared so I tend to not give it my all and leave a bit in reserve in case it gets too hard. Whereas the Bob-type trainer, says things like if you can handle it go a bit harder, and I think - what the heck does she mean do I think I can handle it, I'll show her - and I end up pushing way harder. Funny psychology of it all. Speaking of the gym, I should really go back there soon (it's been almost 3 weeks - oops!).

Have a great bday celebration Kim - I assume without the cake - ha ha!!

Laura

Wannabethin2009
11-09-2009, 12:38 PM
Hello again.

Well I have been sick since October 25th......... I had bronchitis(sp?) and an ear infection. I have never been so sick in my entire life. I'm still not 100%, I have no energy at all. I lived on chicken noodle soup, popsicles and gingerale for a whole week. I weighed in on October 24th and then just went on November 7th and was down 3 pounds!!! I haven't followed the plan or taken any of my pills. I started back on the plan today and so far so good. I am hoping to get back into the swing of things this week.

I only have 42 more days until we leave for Hawaii. I'd like to try and weigh under 200lbs before I leave!!!

sunflower72
11-09-2009, 02:28 PM
Laura - I play Farmville, Farm Town and my latest addiction is Cafe World :dizzy: Doesn't help that I work from home and have a laptop :D

Wannabethin - So sorry to hear that you were so sick. I know I had a sinus infection and it really kicked the poop out of me. Glad to hear you are down 3 lbs and on the mend.

ReneeM102
11-09-2009, 06:31 PM
Its so funny to read how much we all like the same things! I'm a total Biggest loser and Facebook addict also! I love playing farmville, mafia wars, and Bejewled Blitz! haha too funny :)
So sorry to hear you've been so sick Wannabethin. Its such a setback! But good attitude for getting right back on again :) I'm crossing my fingers I don't get sick....Seems to be so much flu going around here where I live. My daughter is famous for bringing every flu bug home to share with me! haha
I have no WI results to share until Wed...I've been working night shift, but when I do..I'll let youall know :)
Hope everyones week is going well :)
Take care

better life
11-09-2009, 06:49 PM
Evening all my FB BIGGEST LOSER ADDICTED FRIENDS....LOL...as I said
I don't play the games but am addicted to it....if anyone wants to be friends I am game just let me know!!

Tamara...thanks for the birthday wishes for my son!!

Laura...no cake...had a small piece yesterday at the shower though and my aunt says to me..KIM THAT'S NOT EVEN A PIECE OF CAKE....LOL...it was a small piece. I said well it'big enough for me...lol

Wannabe...so sorry you have been sick...I hope things start looking up for you!!

Renee...good luck on Wednesday, that is when I go too!!

I AM SOOOOOOO SORE AND STIFF TONIGHT....O M G....didn't think it would hurt this bad....LOL But I keep trying to convince myself it is a good pain...somehow I think it isn't working....LOL..It's all Jillian's fault!!! LMAO

I hope tomorrow evening I am feeling better as I would like to attempt it again...no aquafit tonight either, my mom had some union stuff going on so we are passing on it...maybe go Wednesday.

I am so thankful to have you guys here along the way....so many have come and gone, I think the only original is Dria..and then me...WHERE IS EVERYONE GONE??? Hope they are well!!! You guys are amazing support, it is nice to have someone that you can relate to along this journey!!!

Fallon....keeping you in my thoughts...hope all is well with you! <3

skimmy201
11-09-2009, 07:06 PM
wow everyone seems to be trudging along! Unfortunately I am starting my second week of being sick. Didnt weigh in at all and woke up this morning with a major sore throat! Im thinking throat infection. I am trying my hardest to keep to plan, but comfort foods are hard to pass up when all you want is to feel better.
Darn kids I watch getting me sick!! grrrr
Im hoping the warm weather stays until Wednesday for remembrance day, my husband was asked to stand at the epitaph, hes sick as well so fingers crossed!
You all motivate me so much wish I could loose like you guys! I think my body just doesn't want me any smaller than I am! Ill keep on truck'n, it just gets frusturating!
Will be watching BL tomorrow night and so thankful that last weeks contestant(can't think of her name) got booted off!!
Hoping to get a weigh in on Wednesday, hopefully I managed just to stay the same weight!!

Lauratigger
11-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Oh yeah Skimmy - that was Tracy that got voted off - yay - she was bad.
I too am grateful for everyone on here! I check this board as much as FB :lol: I figure computer addiction is better than carb addiction!

I spoke to my HM gal about my goal weight and she said I could probably go lower (I have a small frame), but suggested I don't actually set a goal weight (which has been stressing me a bit). Instead, just keep going until I think it's time. That helps me a bit, cause I was really worried about doing stab over xmas. So I'll go till at least the first week in January, and for ticker purposes I've increased my goal weight another 5lbs to 139. Feels good.

Skimmy and Wannabe - get better soon! Kim - hope the pain goes away soon, but really....don't you love it - you totally kicked butt yesterday!

Good luck on the WI's Renee and Tamara!!
Laura :)

momof5k
11-10-2009, 01:06 AM
Hello everyone! FInally found you over here :lol:

I had a challenging weekend of events where Ihad no control over the menu and then my b-day was Sunday and my kids were disgusted that I wasn't going to have any of my own cake so I had a little slice.

In the meantime, my home scale has been going up up up the last few days! What the??? I haven't been that far off plan so I can only assume it is salt/water weight. Here's hoping it is gone soon.

In the meantime, I am drinking TONS of water and hoping for the bet when I get to the centre tomorrow.

momof5k
11-10-2009, 01:07 AM
Oh yes...I too am a Biggest Loser addict and was thrilled that Tracey finally got the boot!

better life
11-10-2009, 05:38 AM
Tracey....Oh YES she was BAD...was not sad to see her and her buggy eyes leave lastweek...she had freaky eyes...lol...and she was nasty and just not a fair player....but she did look amazing at the end...but we will all look better then her in the end as well....YEAH US!!!!

Yes I love that I succeeded at something that scared the **** outta me...but seriously does it have to hurt THIS MUCH....LOL...OMG my thighs still kill....was hoping by this evening they will feel better so I can hit the the gym...but I want to be able to get out of bed in the morning...everytime I walk I feel the burn ESPECIALLY when I walk up the stairs...OH MY!! LOL
I had to kneel down yesterday at work to wipe some juice up off the floor and one of the residents was watching me...and she says...that looked like it hurt...ALOT...I didn't even know she was watching me....LOL..and I said yeah my legs are sore today...and she said...YEAH I can tell....lol...I felt like a fool...lol

MOM....YOU MADE FOUND US...YEAH!!!!!!!!! Don't let those darn scales get you down...seriously I think someone should just burn them all sometimes....LOL

Good luck at your WI today!!!!

Have a great day!

MicheleR
11-10-2009, 10:27 AM
Hey ladies!

Long time, no talk... I always read up on you all and am really excited for everything you have accomplished, especially the ups and downs that come with keeping on track to a healthy lifestyle!

I'm about to start stab C.. way too much food for me. Also going to start taking a prescription that has a side effect of weight gain.. boo. Hopefully it doesn't happen to me lol. My scale had been pretty stable the last few weeks.. good for stab... but it's not at a number I'm really happy with. Trying to step it up at the gym and eliminate my FE so that I can get down a bit more.. .not sure what weight I'll be happy with. Trying to get to the gym at least 4 days a week and have stuck with either going 4 miles in 45 minutes or 5 miles in an hour. Also doing some exercises to tone the abs, but still have that pesky layer of bulge over top that is preventing me from seeing my progress (at least that's what I keep telling myself!) Not sure what happens from here if the gym doesn't do it for me... wondering if I'm allowed to start cutting back on foods again and repeat the process without the supplements... or what exactly happens when my year with HM is up. Know my progress at the gym would be more noticeable if I was eating less... hmm. Not part of the program though. Any suggestions?

Good luck to everyone on their WI Wednesday! Think I may be heading into the city tomorrow too... as long as I don't get sick first! About 20% of the school population away yesterday.. yikes!

sunflower72
11-10-2009, 07:39 PM
Great job ladies! Keep up the good work everyone. I'm hoping that you will all inspire me to get my butt to the gym LOL. I know this week is a write off because I have something going on every evening, but I should be able to get there on the weekend and next week for sure.

I had my wi tonight and was very happy to see I'm down 1.4 lbs. I've been a little disappointed in my numbers lately so I was very happy with that number :carrot: Didn't realize until I changed my ticker, but I'm down over 13 lbs :D

I too am a BL fan. I always save my FE usually 100 cal chips to eat while I'm watching it LOL

Question for those of you who are running on a threadmill, how exactly are you doing it? Did you just get on and run as long as you can? Still not sure how to do it as I don't have Jillian screaming in my ear LMAO.

better life
11-10-2009, 10:40 PM
Wow what did you all think of The Biggest Loser tonight?? I was very sad to see Shay go, but it is all about the game...was also hoping to see her progress....I am not sure who I want to be TBL....I like Rudy...and Dani....Liz drives me NUTS...she is so snooty. And Rebecca and Allen remind me of the arrogant people that think they are better then everyone else....and Amanda...well I do like her she is a sweetheart....I am so torn....where are your thoughts??

Looking forward to my WI tomorrow...hoping my workouts will show tomorrow, I hit the gym again tonight and pushed myself on the treadmill...felt great at the time...but my legs are still sore...I just don't want to rest them too much and have to go throught this all over again the next time I run.

Tamara...I still have yet to get up the nerve to run on the treadmill. I was talking with a co-worker that has taken up running over the last year or so and she told me today that running outside is much harder then the treadmill...so if I can conquer it outside....I have to be able to do it inside, for me it is more of a self esteem thing...I am embarassed at what people will think...which is what I dealt with on Sunday when I had to talk myself into running in the first place....all I kept thinking was OMG what if someone I know drives by...what if I see so and so...blah blah blah...and then I thought...to he** with everyone else and what they might think...atleast I am doing something to help myself....and I can do this. and I just did it!! And it was the best feeling I have felt in a very long time...it was a feeling of accomplishment, and that is something I haven't felt very much when it comes to taking care of myself. Tamara...you can do this...you need to inspire yourself and just do it...and it is the best feeling you will ever feel...I was so proud of myself on Sunday.....when my face was beat red and I was soaked in sweat...and even the pain I am feeling right now...I am proud of.....because I took control and beat one of my fears...I looked it in the eye and kicked it's ***!!! NEXT IN LINE...kicking that treadmill's ***....LOL And when I do...you all will know let me tell you...it might take me a while, but I will do it. It reminds me of the week Jillian was after Dana to jump up on the stool...I know exactly how she felt because that is how the treadmill makes me feel. I will beat that big ugly piece of metal...one of these days!!!!!!!

Way to go on the loss as well Tamara...you are doing fantastic!!

Michele....I hope you do well on this new med you are going on!! keep us posted...we are all here for you!!

Well ladies I am off to bed...I am so tired tonight. Glad to be off tomorrow...not much housework to do either, which is GREAT!!!

See you all tomorrow!!

K

Lauratigger
11-11-2009, 12:57 AM
Hi Everyone, just finished watching Biggest Loser - darn, two of my faves went home :( I find Liz annoying too! Not sure who I like best now.

Better Life - some people cry at movies, I cry at the finish line of races. I don't care about the fast people who make it look easy. I care about those who you can see really worked for it (big or small), and I'm so happy for them I cry. (I'm one of those people - took me 5 hours, but I did a marathon 9 years ago). So, if you insist on worrying what others are thinking about you when you're on the treadmill - think about me crying watching you because you are such an inspiration!!

Tamara - man, me too - I'm so lazy. I get this way when it starts getting dark out. Maybe we should challenge each other to get in to the gym three times next week.

Mom - good to see you here again - hope that water weight is off!

Michele - sorry, no suggestions. I bet HM would say you have to do supplements :( Maybe you can just try and modify the diet yourself? You know, I don't do abs cause I figure I don't want muscles in my tummy bigger - I'll use any excuse to not do abs - ha ha! Seriously, I'd rather run for hours than do 10 sit ups. Good luck!

Have a great day everyone!

sunflower72
11-11-2009, 07:50 AM
Thanks ladies.

I was sad last night with the BL too. I wish they showed more about how Shay was doing at home though. I really hope she can keep it up. I was so sad to see Daniel's best friend and his attitude towards his wl. I guess we have all been there and you do need to mentally be in the right spot to get the weight off. Anyway, I have to agree with all of you about Rebecca and Allen and I think I would like Dani or Rudy to win.

I guess my running I worry about because with other things there is really only one way to do it so I know I'm doing it right. With the running I'm not sure if I just go for it and run for as long as I can because I don't have Jillian there to yell at me to keep going LOL That's why I liked my couch to 5 k program because it prompts you to run or walk and I am sweating by the end. I too have heard that it is harder to run outside, but I figured for me if I'm on the treadmill I have to run because the machine is going and if I'm outside I will slow down or stop easier because nothing is "forcing" me to run if you get what I mean. Gonna get back to the gym for sure next week. This week just had too much with dentist appointments, meetings etc that I could have only gone 1 day and my leg was still hurting then from my "injury" :dizzy:

Good luck to all of you who still have wi's this week :D

better life
11-11-2009, 08:00 AM
Awwww Laura...you just brought tears to my eyes...It is comments like that...that keep me pushing on.....thanks so much :hug:

I am just waiting for my mom to get and pick me up so we can go to the center...I am sooooo hungry this morning it's not even funny...I ate dinner lastnight at around 5pm and that was the last I ate....wasn't hungry lastnight by the time I went to the gym and at 6:30, got home at around 7:45 I jumped in the shower quick then watched my show till 10:00...came down checked email, wrote you guys and went to bed....NOW I am STARVING...LOL

So HOPEFULLY today isn't one of the days she shows up late...:^:

Talk to you all very soon and hopefully with some good news!

K

skimmy201
11-11-2009, 08:02 AM
BL was alright last night! I suppose they left an update for Shay till the finale so we can all be wowed at how well(or not) she has done! I do like how they are mixing the game up, keeps the contestants on their toes that for sure.
I'm still sick but I think I'm slowly getting over it. Hoping to get a weigh in on Friday. My scale at home says I'm the same. Being sick and trying to loose weight really sucks.
Heading off this morning to the local legion for the remembrance day ceremony. My husband as been given the honor of standing vigil at the epitaph. Take a few minutes to remember those that have fallen and those that continue to fight the good fight! ...then go for a run!:)

ps. when I started running on the treadmill the trainer told me to always start at an incline of 2, that way it is more like your running outside and its better on the knees!

better life
11-11-2009, 11:57 AM
Hello again.....I am back and smiling so big I can hardly stand it!!!!! 172 BABY!! I was down 3.25lbs...wahoooo!!!!!! So excited about that!! I am so close to being in the 160's OMG....I have not been there since I was a teenager...so I am setting a goal for myself to lose 2.25lbs just enough to put me at 169.75lbs....my next WI day is Monday....it might be a little much to shoot for since I did have such a great drop today....even if I am there by next Saturday when I weigh...I am okay with that!!

Will be back...have to go change my ticker/profile/whatever....LOL

Okay so I am back...and just noticed I am passed the halfway mark on my WL journey....wow....feels so great too. We went over my plan again and she suggested a few different things for me to do, but she left the foods and supps alone for now, she does like the way I am coming along. I am not that far off track I guess.

Well I am going to go have a lie down...still feeling tired.

Have a great afternoon!!

ReneeM102
11-11-2009, 06:37 PM
Hello Ladies...Thanks for the updates on the Biggest Loser..I missed it last night because I was workign night shift this week! But I'm all up to date thanks to all of you :)
Went for my WI today and was down 3.2lbs....such a good loss. I'm not sure if its because of different eating patterns while working night shift..I find I don't eat as much. Does anyone else work rotating days to nights that they could share what they do??
Congrats everyone on having a good week so far!
Skimmy...thanks for that tip about running on the treadmill. I'm fairly new to running and have only been using my treadmill...haven't the courage to do it outdoors yet!! lol I've already done it for today...but tomorrow I will try it with an incline of 2!
Take care all!!

Lauratigger
11-11-2009, 07:12 PM
Woo-hoo - congrats Kim and Renee - those are huge drops!!!! :carrot: Way to Go!!!!

Okay, I finally have some pics - I've tried to put them as attachments, not sure it worked.

Today my centre told me they moved my goal date to Jan 31, from Dec 4 - I didn't even have to pay. :) They said they hate moving people to stab during xmas anyway, so they sometimes give some extra time. I think they were just being nice to me cause I was nervous about that. I'm still only thinking going to January 7 or so - but that has kicked me in the butt to change my ticker to 135 instead of 139 - haven't been that weight since I was 12.

Have a great night everyone!
Laura

better life
11-12-2009, 05:31 AM
YEAH RENEE!!! I only work days so I am no help to you. I do know that when I was working night and trying to eat healthier...I found it very hard...as I could not eat alot.

Laura....Lookit you you little HOTTIE.....you look amazing. I personally think you look awesome at the weight you are now, but you have to do what you think is good for you!

Ladies I have to share with you guys...I got a FB message from a co-worker yesterday and it really touched me so deep inside and made me cry.

""hey kim.. i don't usually ask for help but just wondering if u could help me out and maybe give me food tips like meal ideas or snacks !! i wish i had the knowledge to do this myself but i keep failing..... let me know thanx your looken great !!!!!""

WOW...I cannot believe I had inspired someone that much that they are asking me for help...and it feels so great let me tell you, I told her that ofcourse I will help you!! So we are going to sit down and try to figure out a plan for her, I don't think joining HO or HM is an option for her, but I am willing to help her get the weight off, by eating healthier. If you guys have suggestions as well...please let me know.

Hoping to get to thegym tonight either that or I am going for another run, haven't done another run since Sunday, had bowling lastnight.

Skimmy, thanks for the tips for the treadmill as well.

Well off I go for another fun-filled day in .....!! I am sure you gals can fill in that blank...LOL

Have a good one!
K

sunflower72
11-12-2009, 09:32 PM
I don't know why I didn't get any notice that anyone posted :(

Anyway, great job everyone. Some amazing drops. I had my second wi of the week and was down another 0.8 lbs which puts me at a total of 14 lbs :carrot:

I am sick again :( I am really tired of being sick. I did pick up a cold & flu pack and some other pill that I can't think of off the top of my head but basically to help with colds etc (kind of like Cold FX). I did go to the Dr. and they said it was a continuation of my sinus infection from two weeks ago. I don't think that's what it is, but I'm not a Dr LOL

I had my daycare meeting last night that we get together once a month. So many people made comments about my weight finally! :D One lady actually asked how much and when I told her she said "That really surprised me because I would say you look like you've lost at least 30 lbs" :dancer: That made me feel soooooooo good!

So my goal is to get to the 140's next week :D

Lauratigger
11-13-2009, 11:35 AM
Told you people would notice when you got close to 15lbs - congrats Tamara!! And hope you get better soon!

I'm starting to put up xmas decorations and get my shopping done (I know -I'm just into it this year). Sadly, I'm in the mood for eggnog. :( I looked up a couple of things....a tall nonfat eggnog latte at Starbucks is 350 calories, one third of them from fat. Regular nonfat eggnog is over 250 calories - um, that's without the rum. Maybe it'll be a xmas eve treat.

Oh well, back to my tea - ha ha!

better life
11-14-2009, 05:27 AM
OMG I thought I lost all you girls...WE ARE BACK....I found Laura on FB....we all need to add one another on FB so we have eachother!!!!

WHAT A RELIEF...I need you guys!!! LOL

Don't have time to post now...just know that I am happy to have you all back.

Kim

better life
11-14-2009, 02:54 PM
I made a group on facebook called....Just Friends....anyone that wants to join please do so, so we don't lose one another.

I think I have to approve you to join, don't just want anyone joining...LOL

Hope you have all been well, tough night lastnight, have done well today so far...have been drinking water
like crazy today. Hoping to redeem myself.

I didn't expect my birthday to effect me the way it has....the thoughts of turning 40 in 4 years really does bother me, have never dealt with
age issues before...30 was nothing...but 40....that is a tough one to swallow. I just keep telling myself...I will be better at 40 then I was at 20...fitter and healthier.

ONWARD I go!!!!!!!

K

HMJunkie
11-14-2009, 06:29 PM
OK what the heck....I swear I have been having issues getting to this website - anyone else having issues?

Anyhooooo...WTG on the losses everyone!

BL - You are so close to your next decade...keep going!!!! And that is so sweet of you to help out your friend & her WL struggles. It's never easy, but it's nice having someone to help you & hold your hand when you need it.

Laura - you look amazing - I can only imagine how you must feel!!!

Tamara - sorry to hear you are sick - it sucks :( But I am happy that people are noticing your WL!!!! That would totally make up for feeling sick, imo....ok well maybe for a few seconds anyway!!! :)

Well I was down -1.4lbs this week! Gonna keep on trucking.....so close to the -20lbs mark!

Have a great evening everyone :)

HMj.

skimmy201
11-14-2009, 06:45 PM
Hey all just checking in. I am finally getting ride of this cold/cough. Feeling more like myself again. I havent gone for a weigh in for 2 weeks now. My home scale hasnt fluctuated too much.
I didnt want to get anyone else sick and sleeping like crap so spending most of the week at home.
Figures crossed I can get back into the swing of things. I was suppose to be at goal by now but I'm not so I am hoping to loose 8lbs by Christmas!!
This site was down for awhile so I hope everyone is well, and I did join the FB group!! Kim aka skimmy!!

better life
11-14-2009, 07:49 PM
HMj...yes the site has been down....I made a facebook page...so we could all join and not lose one another if for some reason this site goes down again, we can still keep in touch...come join us!!

I DON'T WANT THE NEXT DECADE...LOL I hate this I feel so damned old right now....me 40...NO WAY!!!!! Imagine what I will be like when it does get here...hopefully will deal better then I am now, because this stinks...my poor husband thinks I am pissed at him, and I have tried to explain, but he just doesn't get it.

I haven't yet sat down with the co-worker...it is so hard to get a time that works...life always seems to be in the way of something.

WTG on the 1.4 los as well....keep on keepin on girlie!!

Skimmy....Glad you are starting to feel better!! Hope you can get back on track, it is hard once you stray...don't I know it all too well!!

Welcome to the facebook group...I wondered who it was...LOL Hope everyone else joins as well...i like our little group here and would hate to lose you all!!!

I just got back from the gym....felt great to go....haven't been since Tuesday.

Well I better get going...want to check email and then get to bed, work tomorrow, then off Monday, thank goodness!!

Have a great night all.
K

Lauratigger
11-14-2009, 09:16 PM
Thanks goodness the site is up again - that was frustrating. I joined the FB group Kim - great idea, and great job finding me!! Thanks!

Rough weekend....just want to eat a loaf of bread, a block of cheese and a bottle of wine...oh yeah, for every meal. I'm not eating enough in the day and just want to carb load when I'm home - so easy to go back to bad habits. I'm hoping tomorrow will be a settle down day. Maybe a workout is in order.

Hey Kim - I turned 40 this year and it wasn't bad. Actually that was what led me to join HM. I figured, I've put everything and everyone before me for 40 years, now it's my turn - so I spent the money and put me first. So far 40 is way better than any of the last 5 years (I'd say 10, but I got married and did a marathon in 2001, so that year was pretty good).

Congrats to all the losers!! Get better to everyone who is sick!!! So glad to have you all back with the site again!!!!

HMJunkie
11-14-2009, 09:28 PM
LOL BL - the decade I was referring to was not your age - it's the next decade of weight! ie: transitioning from 170's to 160's. I suppose I should have clarified that...my friend & I always refer to our 10lb milestones as 'decades'. It was a case of typing what's in my head & expecting you to understand my lingo haha!

HAGN all!

HMj.

Lauratigger
11-14-2009, 11:20 PM
Haha - that is hilarious HMJunkie!!!
Here's to the next decade for all of us LOL!

better life
11-15-2009, 05:36 AM
LOL HMj...so sorry I thought you meant age...ON TO THE NEXT DECADE....!!!!!!!!!!!

I got an email from a co-worker lastnight and apparently she could tell all week that it was affecting me....I didn't even know that I was down, but she knows me better then I think I guess. She is 51 and she said that I will get through it, I just have to hang in there. I am only as old as I feel...and all that good stuff.

BUT...the real eye opener for me was when I got into bed and I got thinking about how down I am and then it made me think of my cousin and made me realize just how lucky I am. In September 2006 my cousin Jeneen fell very ill and on Sept, 26. 9 days after her 36th birthday she passed away leaving behind her husband and 4 beautiful children. Here I am worried about getting old etc....and she is not even here to celebrate the best years, watching her children grow, sending them off to college...marriage....grandmother...etc.

Wow...for once I am at a loss for words.....

I just wanted to say I am done worrying about my age. There are more important things to worry about!!

Have a great day ladies.
K

sunflower72
11-15-2009, 10:58 AM
Haven't had a chance to comment on everyone, but I will. Just heading out the door to the Santa Clause parade in Toronto with the family. Tried to find the group on FB but there are too many groups called Just Friends LOL. Can someone find me on there. It's Tamara Ensoll-Stewart or my email is tamarastots@gmail.com

Catch up with all of you later.

ReneeM102
11-15-2009, 08:22 PM
Hello all! Yes I was also having issues with this site the other day when I tried to post...I had a bunch of things written here...and it wouldn't post...so it was a loss! I was away all weekend...my Niece's baptism..and a big move in to my bro's new house. I did better than I thought I would over the weekend..although I did have a piece of cake at the baptism....but I'm ok with that...it was a small piece..haha but I could have eaten the whole damn thing!!!!!!!!
Then yesterday got a good workout from moving boxes up and down stairs....we all got subway for dinner...it worked well...now I"m back home and back on track totally! I wish the weekends were a little easier...especially this time of year...I have a birthday every weekend till the end of Dec...PLUS christmas parties...I dont' know how I"m going to make it through....but I'm thinking I"ll be on here a lot! lol This is a great support system.
I also tried finding the group on Facebook, but was unable to...I'll try to look again. If anyone wanted to add me that would be great. Renee Mitchell.
Back to work tomorrow for 3 days so I don't go for a WI till Thursday....maybe thats a good thing this week :)
Good luck to all for the week...look forward to hearing about all the great WI's!
Take care all!

ReneeM102
11-15-2009, 08:30 PM
OK..I'm pretty sure I found the group on FB :)

better life
11-15-2009, 09:04 PM
Just realized I didn't change my avatar chick to a 35lb one....got right on it!!

Found out today that I am not able to weigh in until Saturday...Mom works tomorrow and I have no way to get there. Sooooo I am really on a mission ....I want to lose good this week....I am giving it my all....I want to be 168.75 ATLEAST when I go Saturday...I want my 40lbs!!!! I am going to weigh tomorrow morning and each and every morning...and post my result here every morning!!

I have exactly 4 months and 1 week until Cuba....and I am going to be at goal when my feet hit that white sand....and I will be wearing clothes I never imagined I would be wearing while I am there...and I cannot wait!!!!

I am so excited to go....

sunflower72
11-15-2009, 10:03 PM
Told you people would notice when you got close to 15lbs - congrats Tamara!! And hope you get better soon!

I'm starting to put up xmas decorations and get my shopping done (I know -I'm just into it this year). Sadly, I'm in the mood for eggnog. :( I looked up a couple of things....a tall nonfat eggnog latte at Starbucks is 350 calories, one third of them from fat. Regular nonfat eggnog is over 250 calories - um, that's without the rum. Maybe it'll be a xmas eve treat.

Oh well, back to my tea - ha ha!

Thanks Laura. It feels awesome! We went to the Toronto Santa Claus parade today and know I want to put up my tree LOL. Bought a few gifts, but I gotta get a move on as I HATE crowds.

I made a group on facebook called....Just Friends....anyone that wants to join please do so, so we don't lose one another.

I think I have to approve you to join, don't just want anyone joining...LOL

Hope you have all been well, tough night lastnight, have done well today so far...have been drinking water
like crazy today. Hoping to redeem myself.

I didn't expect my birthday to effect me the way it has....the thoughts of turning 40 in 4 years really does bother me, have never dealt with
age issues before...30 was nothing...but 40....that is a tough one to swallow. I just keep telling myself...I will be better at 40 then I was at 20...fitter and healthier.

ONWARD I go!!!!!!!

K

Found you guys!

Sorry to hear you are having a rough time with your birthday. I never thought I'd have an issue and didn't when I turned 30, but the closer I get to 40 I don't like it :(

OK what the heck....I swear I have been having issues getting to this website - anyone else having issues?

Tamara - sorry to hear you are sick - it sucks :( But I am happy that people are noticing your WL!!!! That would totally make up for feeling sick, imo....ok well maybe for a few seconds anyway!!! :)

Well I was down -1.4lbs this week! Gonna keep on trucking.....so close to the -20lbs mark!

Have a great evening everyone :)

HMj.

Great job on the weight loss! Keep up the good work ;)

It did make me feel good and starting to feel a little better. Mornings are always the worst as I find I get very congested while sleeping.

Hey all just checking in. I am finally getting ride of this cold/cough. Feeling more like myself again. I havent gone for a weigh in for 2 weeks now. My home scale hasnt fluctuated too much.
I didnt want to get anyone else sick and sleeping like crap so spending most of the week at home.
Figures crossed I can get back into the swing of things. I was suppose to be at goal by now but I'm not so I am hoping to loose 8lbs by Christmas!!
This site was down for awhile so I hope everyone is well, and I did join the FB group!! Kim aka skimmy!!

I have to STOP stepping on my home scale LOL. I do it too much!

Hello all! Yes I was also having issues with this site the other day when I tried to post...I had a bunch of things written here...and it wouldn't post...so it was a loss! I was away all weekend...my Niece's baptism..and a big move in to my bro's new house. I did better than I thought I would over the weekend..although I did have a piece of cake at the baptism....but I'm ok with that...it was a small piece..haha but I could have eaten the whole damn thing!!!!!!!!
Then yesterday got a good workout from moving boxes up and down stairs....we all got subway for dinner...it worked well...now I"m back home and back on track totally! I wish the weekends were a little easier...especially this time of year...I have a birthday every weekend till the end of Dec...PLUS christmas parties...I dont' know how I"m going to make it through....but I'm thinking I"ll be on here a lot! lol This is a great support system.

Good job. I have had a few parties and actually found it easier then I thougt I would. My problem is weekends. Today was very hard as we were in Toronto all day. I didn't get in as much water and the kids were starving becuase the parade was so busy and ended up at McD's so I had a fajita for lunch :( I know we can eat them, but it was a very small lunch LOL

better life
11-16-2009, 09:10 AM
Hope everyone had a great weekend....I worked it, and boy am I glad to be off today. It was a good weekend at work, it was my 4th day yesterday and I find by the 4th day I am done....I am on the next 4 after today...so by Friday...I will be ready for the weekend!! I love my job and my residents, but sometimes I wished I worked 8 shifts instead of 10.

171.2 ladies....yeah!!!! I am liking those numbers...if this is what keeps me on track then I will do this every morning. I have to tell you all that I am very excited to see 160 something looking back at me....20+ years is a long time and that is the last time I seen 160's looking back at me...and back then I HATED those numbers...but now I will welcome them back with open arms!!

I am going to send Fallon a private message letting her know about the FB group, just incase all the messages are too overwhelming for her to go through when she does ge back online. I sure hope she is doing okay....:?:

Well off I go to check things out....I know I post in both sites now, do you guys find that too much? Atleast there if we want to talk more on a private level without having other members read our posts we can, as it is a private board, so it is only us group members that can read the stuff there...and I like that...ALOT!!

Just let me know if you guys find it too much!! I guess you know by now, I like to talk....LOL...just let me know, I won't take offence to it :p

Lauratigger
11-16-2009, 11:40 PM
Hi Everyone,
Had a bit of a rough weekend - for no reason just blew it with wine and chips :( Oh well, Sunday was a new day and already starting to go well - hopefully I'll be back to my ticker weight in a day or two.

Congrats on the big loss Betterlife!

Anyone tried Platoria? Generally it's for plateaus, but my centre recommends it for weeks when you know you're gonna fall of the wagon and I got a couple of those weekends ahead. Jeepers I spend a lot of money. :)

Have a great day everyone!
Laura

better life
11-17-2009, 05:19 AM
170.2!!

thanks for the congrats....but it was only a .8 since Wednesday...BUT after my Friday night flip out....I will take it....LOL...and now this morning down another pound...I got off and on the scales 3 times...and even moved them and they said the same thing...LOL. Can never be too sure right?

Way to go getting back on track Laura. Doesn't it suck that 1 slip up can mess you up that much?!?!

Well off I go to do my morning ritual...email...tea...toast....dressed...off to work...blah blah blah. Ever so patiently waiting for 2:30pm to get here...

Have a great day!

sunflower72
11-17-2009, 08:46 AM
Kim - That's awesome! Congrats :carrot: You'll be in the 160's in no time.

Laura - Sorry to hear you had a rough weekend. I found I wanted to lots this weekend and couldn't figure out why, but looked at the calendar and figured out that af is due to arrive soon :dizzy: Explains everything LOL

I woke up this morning to find out I have pink eye in both eyes :mad: Seriously when am I going to get a break :( So called all my parents to tell them I'm closing today. So off to the clinic I go. I am suppose to wi tonight and am thinking I should just go this morning after I go to the clinic. The only thing I worry about is that it will put my weight off because I am going early in the day and then Thursday I risk going up. I guess I know why though. It will be just so much easier to go without all three kids :D

Hope we hear from Fallon soon :(

better life
11-17-2009, 02:59 PM
Thanks Tamara!!

Sorry to hear about the pinkeye...such a bad time of year for sickness...I hope things let up for you soon though. Enough already!! Dod you go for your weigh in??

I sent Fallon a message and still have not heard from her...hope she is okay.

I put in for some time off for next week so I can go shopping for a few days in the U.S......cannot wait, I am just looking forward to getting away if anything. We leave Tuesday and come home Friday. Hoping to get some good buys!!

Wannabethin2009
11-17-2009, 05:03 PM
I looked for the facebook group but can't find it, could someone help me??

better life
11-17-2009, 05:37 PM
sending you a message with the link wannabe!!

Lauratigger
11-17-2009, 07:52 PM
Shopping trip sounds great and well deserved Kim!

So this morning I was down to 147.0 - whew, not too much damage in one weekend - ha ha!

Now time to settle in with Biggest Loser :)

sunflower72
11-17-2009, 10:43 PM
Every time I try to post I get booted :mad:

So I did go wi early and was down 1.8 lbs so I am finally in the 140's. I'm at 149.8 lbs so hopefully the time that I went didn't effect it too much.

better life
11-18-2009, 05:24 AM
WAY TO GO LADIES!!!!!

Tamara if you are up a wee bit atleast you know why! You must feel amazing being in the 140's...good for you!!

I was 171.2lbs this morning, shows me up 1lb...but I think it is because I have had beef twice this week, we had a roast Sunday and I had some lean ground beef lastnight...so needless to say it is not leaving my body too quickly. I should have known better then to eat the beef lastnight but I was making spagetti for everyone else and it was a quick protein for me...chicken/eggs here on outfor the rest of the week. Till THE BUS decides to move I guess...blah.

What did you guys think of the Biggest Loser lastnight?? I bawled my eyes out....what an eye opener...I am totally each and everyone of those contestants all wrapped into little old me...sure hit home. Then a co-worker made a comment on my wall that really touched me deep down, not sure if you guys seen it or not, but she really made me feel good. It makes me want to keep going all the way to 137.5 just so I know...I DID IT and I didn't give up at 150 pounds. I know of 3 people right now that stopped before their goal weight because they felt good where they were at....I feel good NOW but that doesn't mean I am going to stop now....ALL THE WAY TO GOAL!!!! If for some reason I don't make it because I just can't reach it...then I will know I tried...but I won't go down without a fight!!!!

Have a great day everyone!!

Lauratigger
11-18-2009, 07:54 PM
Hi Everyone
Congrats Tamara - 140's are great!!!

Kim -Do you drink coffee? I've never been one for coffee but tried it recently just for something different. Didn't expect it, but gotta say no buses have been parked here for awhile. Ha ha!

Ever had one of those days? Ugh I'm having one, including forgetting my lunch at home (panic!) - fortunately the staff at HM gave me a protein bar to tie me over till I got home. BUT....almost forgot!!! I recovered from the weekend very quickly - I'm down to 146.0 WOO HOO!!! Love, love, loving it!

I was bawling at biggest loser last night too. The little girl who wants to start her journey broke my heart - I remember being there. Good she'll get healthier, but so sad. Sigh.

Have a great night everyone!!!

Lauratigger
11-18-2009, 07:57 PM
Might post this as a recipe on the FB group, but it seems to simple to be considered a recipe. If you're like me, you're freezing all the time and the thought of biting into a cold apple isn't appealing. Instead, cut it up, sprinkle splenda brown sugar and cinamon on it, and microwave for 30 sec. Awesome! My HM centre gave me the idea.

better life
11-18-2009, 08:28 PM
Might post this as a recipe on the FB group, but it seems to simple to be considered a recipe. If you're like me, you're freezing all the time and the thought of biting into a cold apple isn't appealing. Instead, cut it up, sprinkle splenda brown sugar and cinamon on it, and microwave for 30 sec. Awesome! My HM centre gave me the idea.

Laura...I do this all the time, even before I started my new journey. I LOVE LOVE LOVE cinnamon!!

As for the coffee, I wish it would work for me that way, but unfortunatley, it doesn't:(

146...WAHOOOOOO.....WAY TO GO GIRL!!!! I am so hoping to be in the 160's on Saturday!!!!

Yes that little grl on TBL broke my heart, when Danny was talking and she started to cry, I lost it...I was that little girl as well...I hope she follows the right path and stays on it. The whole episode just hit so close to home, I hate the thoughts of it ending in a couple of weeks. It is all I look forward to on TV.

I went bowling tonight and I wore a pair of jeans I haven't worn in a few weeks...and I had to keep pulling them up, the suckers kept falling off of me, I can remember when I couldn't even pull them up over hips...that was 5 months ago....5 months on the 20th of this month to be exact...now I can't keep them up...LOL...AND DAMN IT FEELS GREAT. Tonight was actually the first time I have really noticed my weightloss...I said to my husband...I am shrinking aren't I...and he said I have been telling you that. SEE I TOLD YOU...LOL

I love the new me I am slowly becoming...and darn it feels great...oh yeah just thought of this too...I went out the throw the garbage out at work this morning and I ran right back up the stairs...and I didn't die doing it....I could feel such a difference when I came up them, I said to my co-worker...I RAN ALL THE WAY UP THE STAIRS AND I DIDN"T DIE.....and MY A** DIDN"T COME UP AND SMACK ME IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD EITHER...LMAO.....and that felt great as well~!

Off I go...have a great night ladies!!!

Lauratigger
11-18-2009, 11:12 PM
Awesome Kim - you're officially a skinny chick when your pants fall down!!! Now your international shopping trip is even more deserved. Congrats!

TLAK531
11-19-2009, 12:38 AM
hey all. Anyone ever try the strawberry shake? Doing the shake shake salad this week and surprisingly it is going well.. drinking lots of water and peppermint tea. I am so exicted I am now 158.6...started at 224 back in March. A little off track so hoping this plateau breaker works.

Everyone is doing such an awesome job...I know the feeling of too big clothes. The pile just keeps getting bigger and bigger. NEED to go shopping soon.

Keep up the good work ladies!

Tamara K.

Lauratigger
11-19-2009, 01:22 AM
Hi Tamara K!
Congrats ont he big loss!!! I forgot about the shakes - I got free samples when I first joined and never tried them. What is the shake shake salad?
Laura

better life
11-19-2009, 05:15 AM
Awesome Kim - you're officially a skinny chick when your pants fall down!!! Now your international shopping trip is even more deserved. Congrats!

YEAH!!!!!!! I like that term...when people call me skinny it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside....LOL

I am really looking forward to going next week....they have some great stores in the US for clothing...and I am so excited to go and try on some new clothes....and hopefully will get some great buys, ofcourse I am supposed to be going just for the X-mas shopping ya know....LOL Hoping for some awesome buys there as well....all 3 of my kids want the ipod touch...so I am hoping on Black Friday here will be some awesome deals on them!!

Tamara...I have ever tried the shakes either....What do youeat on this progam just shakes and salads??? I don't kno if I could do that or not...ick.

Yes the clothing pile is getter bigger and bigger....and I feel so great about it!!! Glad I spend more time in scrubs then I do regular clothing or I would be in trouble....LOL.

Tamara you must feel amazing!!!! WAY TO GO!!!

Also wanted to let you know that we have a page over in facebook called Just Friends I started it lastweek when 3 chicks was having the site issues...feel free to join us there as well....atleast if this site is down we can still support one another!! Just search Just Friends and you should be able to find us....if not let me know and I will send you the link for it.

:)

better life
11-19-2009, 05:21 AM
170.8 on the scales this morning.....I know after tomorrow I am going to stay away from the scales like this....because now it is starting to discourage me again....LOL....why do I piss myself off like this?? It does keep me behaved....but it still makes me mad....LOL

All I want is to be out of the 170's...I did want my 40lbs...but hitting 168.75 seems hopeless right now...:(

I am not upset with myself because I have done nothing wrong...THIS WEEK...I just want out of the 170' feels like I have been here WAY TO LONG!!!

Tamara (sunflower) and Renee are both having hard time posting here..anyone else having this problem? I have been fine with mine.

2 days left to work in this work week.....YEAH!!!!!!!

Have a great day ladies!!
K

skimmy201
11-19-2009, 07:04 AM
hey all,
Hope you have a great shopping experience Betterlife! Shopping is sooo much funner(I guess thats a word) now that I have lost some lbs.
I totally understand the frustration with the scale. I myself am having the same issue.
But Im back on track as of today, being sick really sucks ***.
Lots of luck to everyone out there! I know I can get back on track, and you guys are so helpful! :)

ReneeM102
11-19-2009, 11:26 AM
Hi all....Hopefully this post will load...today I'm actually able to get onto the site..so I think thats a good sign! Anyone else having issues?
YAY....so excited. Total weight loss of 31.2lbs....9 weeks...wow! I feel so good about it today! Thats 3 lbs this week! and down another 4 inches in 2 weeks...total of 36inches gone!
This is such a great feeling isn't it ladies!!!!! Its truely a feeling I've never known! I've been big all my life...still big, but have never lost weight like this! Just like a lot of you, I watched TBL on Tuesday and cried my eyes out! It just hits so close to home...seeing what these people are going through!
Congrats on all the losses this week ladies! Lets all keep up the good work!
Thanks for being here to listen...you are all so inspitational!!!!
If you haven't already...join us on Facebook! This site seems to be up and down a lot! OR perhaps its just my computer?!?! Who knows!
Take care all!

Wannabethin2009
11-19-2009, 02:38 PM
Well this week hasbeen going ok for me. I have been good and only cheated once. I made a bunch of banana bread yesterday and of course I had to have some!! I am going to weigh in today so we will see what the scale says. You know what I find weird...... I had my measurement doen the first day I started and I have not had them done since. I started August 10th, 2009. Maybe beacuse I have been off track so many times??? I'm not sure.

Wannabethin2009
11-19-2009, 02:45 PM
I just tried to add my ticker, not sure if it worked or not?

sunflower72
11-19-2009, 02:49 PM
Okay let's see if I can actually post :)

better life
11-20-2009, 05:24 AM
okay so I am just going to post over in the fb page since some are having problems still!!!

sunflower72
11-20-2009, 07:33 AM
Weird it let me post and then I tried to post my update and no luck :(

As I suspected I was up 0.2 lbs. I'm okay with that though. Did my measurements and I was down another 9 inches so I'm down a total of 25 inches YIPPEE!

Wannabethin2009
11-20-2009, 10:28 AM
Well I weiged in yesterday and was down 1lb!! Yay. No I'll just have to see if I can be good over the weekend. I am going to a couples bowling night tonight and then I have a kids birthday party to go to tomorrow night!! Should be interesting.

HMJunkie
11-20-2009, 01:58 PM
Hi ladies! Hope you all have been big losers & getting skinnier by the minute :)

Can someone PM me the link for the FB page plz & thx

Was down another 1lb this week :) Moved my star over to the 20lbs mark!

On a completely unrelated note, I went to see the premiere of New Moon last night - WHAT A GREAT FILM!!! Loved it :) So much better than the original Twilight movie - this director rocked it.

Hope you all have a great day!!!!! :carrot:

HMj.

Lauratigger
11-20-2009, 03:10 PM
This whole posting on two boards is getting confusing - never sure which one to check and which one to post without getting repetitive. I suppose I should just go with FB, but don't want to miss anything here too - ha ha! Anyway, I'm doing good, teeny losses everyday. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

better life
11-20-2009, 07:25 PM
I only posted over there this morning because some were having problems...maybe we should just stay here for now and have the other one as back-up?? HMj...I will send you the link!!

Tamara...it will work itself out!! You'll see, I used to deal with that and that is why we went to weighing on our days off, which is why I only go for weigh in once a week...and everyother Saturday.

Way to go to the losers....feels amazing to get on the scales and see the numbers going down.

It is the girl I don't care much for that is there tomorrow...YEAH for me! Oh well...atleast I know ahead of time.

I hope this weekend DRAGS by....work this week was trying...very trying. I had to get in for a massage after work today because my back was so full of knots...I thought it was one big one....my massage therapist said there was atleast 13 of them....I am sore tonight let me tell you, but not the gnawing pain it was, I think I have bruises...lol ......I am so looking forward to being out of there next week!!

Well off I go...but I will be back tomorrow, hopefully with some goodnews!!

better life
11-21-2009, 01:04 PM
DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!!

169 LADIES!!!!! HOLY SNAPPEROONIES....I am sooooo happy right now you don't even know....well I am sure you have all felt this excitement at sometime..and if not I hope you do, because it feels AMAZING!!!!!

I am .25lb away from the 40lb mark!!!!! If that isn't enough to keep me behaved this week while away, I don't know what is!!!!!!

I have not weighed in the 160's since I was about I don't know.....14-15yrs old...I think. HOW EXCITING!!!!!!!!

I hope you guys are all having a great weekend, it is cold and gloomy here....but it is still better then being at work!!!

Well off I go to check email and stuff...have a good day!!

Kim

ReneeM102
11-21-2009, 01:42 PM
YAY thats factastic Kim!!!!! Congrats...I'm so happy for you! Keep it up girl! I also can't remember at time since I was about 16 or 17 that I was under 200lbs...I'm looking forward to that. How sad! I should have done this a long time ago...but I'm doing it now and thats all that counts!! :)
I was not as successful at my WI today....up .6 Boooooo lol I've been having some constipation issues, so the ladies suggested I try the soft cleanse pills....anyone have an experience with these that they are willing to share?? Work well or not??
Take care all
Good luck over the weekend!

better life
11-21-2009, 01:52 PM
YAY thats factastic Kim!!!!! Congrats...I'm so happy for you! Keep it up girl! I also can't remember at time since I was about 16 or 17 that I was under 200lbs...I'm looking forward to that. How sad! I should have done this a long time ago...but I'm doing it now and thats all that counts!! :)
I was not as successful at my WI today....up .6 Boooooo lol I've been having some constipation issues, so the ladies suggested I try the soft cleanse pills....anyone have an experience with these that they are willing to share?? Work well or not??
Take care all
Good luck over the weekend!

Did you buy the pills?? They are stool softeners you can buy from any drugstore MUCH CHEAPER!!! Senokot...colace...all those do the same thing!!

I have had the issue one too many times...if you have heard....or hear me refer to THE BUS.....that is what I am talking about....:o I have tried everything...but unfortunatley when it gets bad I have to use a laxative, which I know is a BIG NO NO..but you gotta do what you gotta do...because it is sooooooo uncomfortable and awful. I feel for you girl!!

If you have been any antibiotics, that could be why your having bathroom issues!!! I have been on them off and on since June. Hence the issues....BLAH!!!!!!!

Thanks for the Congrats!!! It sure does feel good!!

Well I better get going Mom will be here soon...off to the gym!!

Renne...hope you feel better!!

Lauratigger
11-21-2009, 05:36 PM
Yay Kim - that is AWESOME!! Over the moon - congratulations!!!!

Renee - I joke with Kim that I frequently have 'parked busses' too - ha ha! I've used Senecot with some success - and I think it really is the same as the HM stuff. I realized that PMS worsens constipation by a billion - don't why it's taken me so many years to figure out this correlation (I'm 40!). Recently coffee and HM fat blockers have been helping me too. Sigh - what we talk about!

And I agree - wish I had done Herbal Magic ten or twenty years ago. I'm just thankful that this New Year's Eve, my resolution is going to look different for pretty much the first time in my life. Now all that said - boy did I blow it last night. Work is crazy, but good - got home late and we celebrated with rum and coke and cheezies. I think there was at least 1000 calories. I'm not going near a scale for a couple of days :(

MacGirl1981
11-21-2009, 09:00 PM
Hello ladies. I am a newbie! I joined my local HM beginning November and have lost 9 pounds in 3 weeks! Soo happy :) I have been reading some of your posts and realize that there is a wealth of support here - i haven't really bonded with the consultants at the office - too "perky" for me and from what i've read on this forum y'all keep it "real".
I am a mom of a toddler, wife to a busy guy, and have my own career. For the past 5 years i have struggled with weight & the last 3 of them have been just plain fat! I refuse to continue making excuses for myself and decided i needed help. HM was it for me. I know that i need that accountability of daily checkpoints.
So far so good!
I look forward to getting to know y'all ! :)

Jniniffer
11-21-2009, 11:12 PM
Good evening Ladies ;)

Just want to (re)introduce myself...

I started HM origionally 2 1/2 years ago with great sucess! I lost 130lbs and felt great. Even with losing that I was at 200lbs and frustrated because I could not get any lower. I even started working for HM in the hopes I could learn more and lose the lbs. But, after 6 months I became so frustrated and had tried everything I quit the job and the program. Anways... in the 13 months away from HM I gained 100lbs back... yikes I know... I went back into my old habits like HM never happened.

So needless so say Thursday I restarted, it was a bit akward going back into the centre I worked at etc. but I know the program works, and well I am determined to finish it this time.

Since Thursday I am down 3lbs! :carrot: I can't wait to get to know you ladies and help support you! ;)

better life
11-22-2009, 12:05 AM
YES Laura, I am over the moon. Parked buses SUCK!!! Makes a world of difference on the scales and your body when the bus stays moving along..LOL

Hope today was a better day for you....get back on that horse and ride with the wind....LOL

MacGirl...Congrats on the 9lb loss....and welcome to the group!! This is a great group of people....great support!! I have been on plan since June and have lost 39.75lbs and 53.75inches...I am 31.5lbs away from goal I actually go to HERBAL ONE not Herbal Magic...but they are pretty much the same plan. Anyway.....I feel better then I have in...FOREVER!!! I hit the 169lb mark today and it feels so amazing!! You are on the right path...way to go!!!

Jenn....so glad you have joined us as well!! It takes a strong person to walk back into the center they lost the weight in and even worked in....good for you, I am so proud and happy for you!!!!!! You must feel amazing as that to me is accomplishment right there!!!!

As I said to MacGirl...this is a great group to be a part of, if not for this group I would not have all the support at times I have needed as sometimes you just can't talk to some people about things...but here, we are all on the same page pretty much and we are not here to judge...just to help, listen and be a friend.

Just to let you both know we also have a page on facebook if you care to join as this site was having problems the last week or so and we thought we lost one another...most of us have joined so if something were to happen here we can still have one anothers support...the group is called Just Friends. I can send the link as well if you have trouble finding us.

I am a huge talker....just to warn you...love people and I love to chat!! My name is Kim...very nice to meet you!!

Jniniffer
11-22-2009, 12:59 AM
Sure if you would send the link that would be great :)

Thanks!

better life
11-22-2009, 10:48 AM
4 months from today I will be boarding a plane and heading for Cuba....and I am SOOOOOO ready to go NOW!!! I just finished looking through all Renee's pics then I looked through mine...and I want to be there NOW~!~

I did see some of myself and thought...I cannot wait to see the pics from this time to compare them with the weightloss....I looked awful in them....all I could see was fat roll/muffin top.....31.5lbs till goal...and I am so going to be there by the time I board that plane!!

Jniniffer
11-22-2009, 09:17 PM
Great job BL!! I hope when you come back you share your pictures with us!!

No weigh in today for me as my centre is closed Sundays. We'll see what the scale says tomorrow morning once I get off work ( I work graveyards--bleh).

Lauratigger
11-22-2009, 11:00 PM
Welcome MacGirl and Jniniffer!!!! I look forward to getting to know you and hearing about all your successes - there wil be lots!!! But I'm okay to hearing slip ups too - makes us accountable. You should know that Better Life (or Kim) does have long posts, but if you're like me they will be a highlight of your day and I wouldn't want them even one word shorter!!!!!

Speaking of which - OMG Kim that is fantastic!!!! There is nothing better for motivation, absolutely nothing better than a trip where you are wearing a swimsuit most of the day. I can't wait to see the pics!!! Heck I wish we could all have a tropical reunion and meet each other somewhere south - ha ha!

Sadly I'm looking forward to this weekend ending -it's been a nightmare tough one. First, work has been crazy - I one my own stores and we've been trying to do inventory which is stressful. And there has been lots of opportunity for eating (xmas, grey cup hopeful, etc etc). I'm looking forward to getting back on track!

Here's to a great week everyone!!
Laura

better life
11-22-2009, 11:07 PM
okay did you guys see that awards show.....OM effin G.....ADAM LAMBERT...WTH WAS THAT????

I am in shock...I can't even begin to imagine what he was thinking doing that performance...it was his debut performance for gosh sakes.....

better life
11-22-2009, 11:16 PM
Awwww Laura...you are too sweet....thanks for the kind words!! I like to talk...but to be quite honest I can also be very very shy, believe it or not!!

I cannot wait for my trip and in 45 minutes I will officially be 3 months and x amount of days before I leave..WAHOOOO!!!!!!!!!

I am still in shock over that performance, did you any of you guys see it? I have seen alot of weird performances, but that one took the cake...

Jniniffer
11-22-2009, 11:27 PM
The AMAs are on right now here out west! Now I may have to turn the TV on at work if I haven't seen his performance before then hahahahaha

better life
11-22-2009, 11:57 PM
The AMAs are on right now here out west! Now I may have to turn the TV on at work if I haven't seen his performance before then hahahahaha

Jenn

He is the last performer...I wonder if they will edit it...it is going to be all the talk tomorrow on the entertainment shows...I won't say anymore...you watch it and let me know what you think...lol :o:devil::o:devil:

Jniniffer
11-23-2009, 01:58 AM
What's wrong with a little S&M? LOL I thought it was good!! :devil:

better life
11-23-2009, 07:30 AM
you my friend are a very very bad girl....LOL

I could see it on the video awards....MTV or Much Music....but the American Music Awards, it is a family show for god sakes....just glad all my family went to bed by this time, I would have been very embarassed...I have a 12, 14 and 16 year old...NOT COOL....LOL

Wannabethin2009
11-23-2009, 01:27 PM
Why is it that I always get off track on the weekends??? Ahhhhhhhh it drives me nuts.

tricia80
11-23-2009, 03:01 PM
Hi everyone,

I am new here just started herbal magic... Well signed up on sat and sun i became sick so not a good day and today officially starting.. although i have lost 4 lbs in the last 2 days it has to do more with not eating while sick...

i did my grocery shopping today with my herbal magic binder... and i think i spent less than normal... forgot a few things... but it seems planning is what its all about..

i am just rambling i am hopeful that this works because i have tried for yrs to take this weight off and have never been able to lose more than 30lbs..

Wannabethin2009
11-23-2009, 05:35 PM
Well even after my crazy weekend and the whole bottle of wine I drank last night I am only up 0.6lbs. I sadi to the manager at the center I go to that I always fall off the wagon on the weekends. Her answer was well we will have to get a game plan going for you!! And that was it, she was too preoccupied with other things then to help me out.

I leave for Hawaii in 28 day and was hoping to be down to 200lbs. I guess if I tried I could lose 15lbs or so before I go!! I would like to wear a bathing suite when I am there, of course I will wear shorts over top!!

I tell you when I get back in January I am following the plan 100% so that I can lose the 80lbs I have to lose. I plan on following the plan as much as possible before I leave for Hawaii and while I am in Hawaii!!!

better life
11-23-2009, 05:52 PM
Wannabe....do you work a day job Mon-Fri? I think you might be best to plan your weekend meals/snacks differently for weekends. Space them out with a couple of hrs in between each time you eat. This is what I do, I also try to eat later. When I work I eat breakfast at around 5:30am, when I am off it is around 9-9:30 that I eat....by 9-9:30 at work I have eaten lunch and a snack. So I have to change my days around at home. Try this and see if that helps at all.

I am sorry the Rep wasn't more helpful for you, that is a shame, you have paid just the same amount of money as anyone else there and you deserve her undivided attention. If I were you I would say something to someone higher up in there...but that is just me, I like to complain....LOL

Hawaii.....how awesome. I leave for Cuba in 3 months....3 weeks and 6 days, but whose counting?? LOL

Tricia....welcome to the group!! Sorry to hear your not feeling well. Hope you feel better soon. The plan will work for you if you make the plan work. I have been on since June 20th and I have lost 39.75lbs and 53.75inches. I am a little behind on the weightloss, but I am okay with that as I have had a few bumps along the way, my that's life right? I have 31.5lbs left to go and my goal date is Feb 22/10. I feel amazing and have no regrets what so ever. It was one of the best choices I have ever made!!

My name is Kim, very nice to meet you. By the way....no such thing as rambling on....I LOVE TO TALK!! LOL

better life
11-23-2009, 05:53 PM
Also wanted to add....just when you think you have a back-up with facebook.....facebook decides to act up.....LOL

For those of you who haven't joined our group at facebook....come join.

Just Friends is the name of our little group....as long as you can get in...don't know what they are doing with facebook now....I swear they fiddle with it every other week!!

Wannabethin2009
11-23-2009, 06:05 PM
I only work 3 days per week. I am alright during the week but as soon as it comes to the weekend we are usually so busy with kids and house work that I just eat when ever and what ever. I am going to start planing my weekends ahead of time. If I am home on the weekends I seem to do ok its when I am out and about I just grab what ever the kids want!!!

And of course with all of the halloween candy my kids got and xmas party's, it really hard to say no!!!

better life
11-23-2009, 06:45 PM
Well my dear it sounds to me like you need to take some time for yourself....if you want to make this work for you, I think this is what your going to have to do.

I know it is hard when things get in your way...but if it is important to you to lose this weight, then it is up to you to make it happen. How old are your kids? Could your husband not take over for a little bit if they are not old enough to understand so you can have that ~me~ time?

When you are out and about with the kids, could you not bring your own food so your not grabbing whatever? We took a trip to Canada's Wonderland in the summertime and I brought all my own food along so I wouldn't have to use the excuse...well all there was to eat was fries/hot dogs/pizza...whatever...you have to do what you have to do to make this work.

And about that Halloween candy it's not making you eat it...it's your choice to eat it....and the X-mas parties...it is also your choice to make the right choices.....I am sorry if I sound like I am hounding you....but it is true, you make the choice to eat off plan...I know it is hard, don't get me wrong...but if you want to succeed...only YOU can make it happen!!!!

Again I am sorry if I am hounding you...I just want to help you...sometimes we all need a swift kick in A**...and I just happen to be here....LOL

Jniniffer
11-23-2009, 07:53 PM
I was up .4 this morning! But considering I had not slept yet ( I work graveyards and only had 4 hours sleep the day before) I am still happy. We'll see how it goes tomorrow when I've had some sleep haha! :D

Welcome Tricia, I am new to the group as well but not Herbal Magic. These ladies seem awesome so far! :hug:

sunflower72
11-23-2009, 08:30 PM
Welcome to all the newbies :)

If you don't see me on here, it's not that I'm not here I just can't seem to post on here a lot LOL

I have to agree with Kim that if you aren't in it 100% mentally it is a struggle. I had my first Christmas party last night and I thought it would be really hard and although I did have a couple of things that I wouldn't normally eat I just had a small bite. I only had my one drink and drank water the rest of the night and one lady said "I don't know how you can't drink with everyone around you drinking" I just kept thinking about how far I've come in a short time and I am really noticing results and I don't want to go back on it. The way I look at it is I haven't "earned" certain things yet so I have to wait until I do ;)

tricia80
11-23-2009, 08:58 PM
I just applied to join the FB group as well... hopefully it was the right group.. LOL

it is still taking some getting used to to not eat a whole lot.. my entire meal planning seems soooo much smaller... its kinda sucky... i am trying to drink more but i am being naughty and still drinking OJ as i am trying to fight this cold...

i am gonna try and get more fish into my diet.. i even bought the HM cookbook for ideas.. i am not a big fish eater.. i like tuna, crab, and shrimp... thats about it... LOL

better life
11-23-2009, 08:59 PM
your in tricia!!

better life
11-23-2009, 09:10 PM
LOL...yep I am that quick...just happened to come here when you posted.

I had a hard time eating all the food when I started the program...it was tough. The water was kind of easy for me...as I drink alot at work, it is at home that I had to clamp down on myself.

As far as the fish....I don't eat any, I don't care for it, I have tried and I just can't. I have had tuna MAYBE 4 times since on plan, I can't stand the fishy taste...BLAH.

I have been packing tonight as I am leaving at around 7:30 tomorrow morning, it really does scare me that I am not going to be home to eat my meals, I am taking my own cereal and fruit....it'll be up to me to keep my head on straight and choose the right foods. It has crossed my mind to bring my scales with me....I know that seems like a little much, but it is what as kept me going for the last week+.....3 mornings with no scales...CAN I DO IT????

sunflower72
11-23-2009, 09:19 PM
Tricia - I found it really hard when I first started too and don't know if it was all in my head, but always felt hungry. It took me a couple of weeks to figure out what worked better and the trick for me was to plan my meals backwards. So start with your dinner and plan backwards. One of these days I am actually going to sit down and try to plan for a week at a time :)

Kim - Good luck and I know you can do it. I know when I asked my center about eating out she said try to avoid starches when you are out as they are so hard to judge and just try to eat steamed veggies and broiled or grilled chicken or fish and remember to ask for NO SALT! That one I keep forgetting :o

better life
11-23-2009, 09:29 PM
Kim - Good luck and I know you can do it. I know when I asked my center about eating out she said try to avoid starches when you are out as they are so hard to judge and just try to eat steamed veggies and broiled or grilled chicken or fish and remember to ask for NO SALT! That one I keep forgetting :o

Thanks for believing in me Tamara....thanks for the tips as well....I can use them!!! I have 2 starches, I will be eating ONE at the room for my cereal, then I will have 1 more to eat. That SHOULD be easy...if I eat 1 slice of bread...or 1/2 a roll....if it seems wrong I won't do it!!!!salt is also an easy one for me, I haven't had a problem letting go of the salt. I have 3 veggies a day, I wonder if I should cut up some carrots and take them along with me just incase. I think it will be the protein I have the hardest with as I have 3 of them as well. I want to be able to go away and enjoy myself as well and not worry the whole time.

sunflower72
11-23-2009, 09:40 PM
I don't have issues without using salt at home I just forget to ask when I go out for no salt LOL. I can't wait to have 3 proteins. I only have 2 right now :(

Jniniffer
11-23-2009, 10:24 PM
I have so much food it's insane... I know I'm larger but geesh! I have 4 protien, 5 veggies, 3 fruit! everything else is the same as a QLP 1. I'm having a hard time getting in the 5 veg and have been short 2 until today where I forced myself to eat them.

I like the idea of planning your day backwards, I had never thought of that before!

better life
11-23-2009, 10:49 PM
5 Veggies...good lord. I had 4 when I started and it just about killed me to eat them all.

I have 3 protein 3 veggies 3 fruit 2 starches 2 fat and 1 dairy, I could do it with 2 proteins, but they want me to have 3 to keep the lean muscle because I work out. I find the 3 veggies more tolerable, they can leave my fruits alone....I LOVE THE FRUITS!!! Was a little disappointed when they took 1 of my dairy away, but I do okay without it...starches and fats, I am good with. I also have the free exchange and 2 free choices(this is mainly for condiments) I barely ever eat the free ones. The odd time I will have popcorn, or sour cream on my potato...but not very often.

I find with Herbal One that the portions you are allowed are a little different than the Magic.

Well ladies I am off for the night, getting up ariund 6am, hoping I sleep tonight as I went up to lie down this morning and I slept for about 3hrs or more...I will check in as I will have my laptop with me.

Have a great week ladies!!
Kim

tricia80
11-23-2009, 11:50 PM
I have 3 proteins, 3 fruits, 2 starches, 4 veggies, 1 dairy, 2 fats

I still am soooo hungry... my step mom is saying that they upped the amt of veggies which is considered 1 serving to 2 cups now... anyone else hear this???

i have to add more to my grocery list... any brand of deli slices anyone favors???

off to meal plan before work tomorrow and figure out whats for breakfast

Jniniffer
11-24-2009, 12:05 AM
Yeah 2 cups of lettuce is now 1 serving... I have the new cute little green journal! I love it.

Lauratigger
11-24-2009, 12:43 AM
Wow - I missed so much in a day!

Welcome Tricia! I was hungry the first week, then it seemed like the food was too much. Water, or tea, helps fill me up - forget 8 glasses a day, I easily do double that. Fruit with fibre helps too - like an apple instead of a pineapple. Funny - I used to plan my meals backward too. Now I love my french toast in the morning so I plan forward. Be careful with deli slices - most, maybe all, are loaded with salt. I'd avoid it if you can. I'm beginning to think salt, not calories, is the real enemy. Instead I cook up a bunch of chicken with herbs and use it instead.

That said....I hate protein and am soooo sick of chicken. Like Kim I don't like fish, and I won't eat beef or pork. I would trade a protein for a dairy anyday (I often use cottage cheese, but mmmmm, regular cheese would be a treat).

Kim - you're gonna rock, don't worry! Are you working out while on the road? Maybe the fitness facilities would have a scale instead of lugging one around. Or maybe lugging a scale around is your exercise - ha ha! Have fun trying on the clothes! ;)

I seem to be back on track after a disastrous weekend, and even went for a short run this evening. I disagree Kim - I'm pretty sure those cheezies jumped into my mouth without my choice - ha ha! (I think it's Kim who said the choice thing, maybe it was Renee - sorry, too much catching up). But yeah, definetly need to want it mentally....gotta keep reminding yourself why you want it. So......hope everyone has a FANTASTIC GO GET EM ATTITUDE this week!!!

Jniniffer
11-24-2009, 11:59 AM
Good Morning everyone!

Went in for my WI this morning and I'm down another 2lbs! thats 5lbs since Thursday with my update day being Friday...wooo hooo!!! Should be a great week!

Laura- I also disklike fish, so its usually chicken here. I don't mind red meat but try to stay away from it. Having thr 4 protiens is hard and I usually end up having a protein bar as even cottage cheese doesn't like my tastebuds!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Wannabethin2009
11-24-2009, 12:17 PM
I do want it mentally...........I have spent a butt load of money and I am not going to give up now cause then I will get the "I told you you could stick with it" from all of my friends and family. They told me at the begining that it was a big waste of money but I told them to mind their own business.

I guess I just need more will power.....I have to break my old habits. I used to go to Tim Hortons everyday for a tea and a bagel!!! Not any more!! I have tea at work and eat a healthy breakfast.

I know I can do this I just have to make my self.

sunflower72
11-24-2009, 02:48 PM
Can you get rid of some of your tempations in your house? I got rid of a lot and my kids got mad that we don't have potato chips in the house. I would sit and eat a whole bag LOL. I started buying them again, but got myself the 100 cal chips and plan them around my TV nights :D

Congrats on those who are down this week. I have to wi tonight and am hoping the stuff that "jumped" into my mouth this weekend won't hurt me LOL

Here's what I get in a day: 2 proteins, 2 starches, 2 fats, 1 dairy, 2 fruits, 3 veggies and 1 free exchange. I know my center says to restrict the 100 cal things to 3 a week, eating out to 3 times a week and Lifestyle FF deli meat to limit to 3 times a week too.

Lauratigger
11-24-2009, 03:30 PM
Congrats Jenn! Wannabe - sound like you've got what it takes, you'll totally show up your friends.

Holidays are coming - I'm a bit nervous. Saw this article on FB by Jillian Michaels which I liked. Don't think I can post the link so I'll type it out, pretend there are three W's in front: californiawomen.org/this-holiday-season/

Wannabethin2009
11-24-2009, 04:03 PM
I do the grocery shopping in my house so I just won't but chips or candy, which I don't anyways. I do buy the 100 cal snacks, my kids usually get them before me cause they are the perfect size for them.

My problem is I eat when I am bored. I guess I just have to keep myself busy all the time and then I wouldn't eat. Sometimes I eat even when I am totally not hungry!! Weird.

tricia80
11-24-2009, 04:11 PM
I totally get it that you eat when you are bored.. i do the same thing especially at night.... I was down .6 today... but i did sneak in about 5 hershey kisses so thats my free exchange for the day...

I am doing some of the deli meat because i am a nurse and work in homecare as well as a hospital.. at the hospital i can heat food up no problem.. in the car i need stuff that doesn't need to be heated so sandwiches is what is good.. along with a large salad... After this cold is over and done with i need to find exercise to do...

I have a few restrictions.. I am mennonite so no tv, no going to the gym etc... so it should be interesting.. i am thinking of buying myself an elliptical or treadmill for Christmas. We shall see..

sunflower72
11-24-2009, 04:50 PM
Wannabe - What about trying to drink tea when you are thinking of eating. I found in the beginning I had to do that a lot. That or water. Again I think for me it was in my head that I was actually hungry and I found my tea worked.

Tricia - Good for you! What about egg salad sandwiches. I do egg salad on a pita sometimes. I wish my hubby would let me buy a treadmill. I think I would use it more then my gym membership LOL

Dria
11-24-2009, 08:34 PM
You have to watch the 100 calorie snacks. I know in the new book it says ANY 100 Calorie snack but thats not right.
You have to watch the chip 100 cals cause the sodium in them is killer
Just like with the thinsations you have to watch the fat 5 and idealy 4grams of fat per package and you MUST keep the sugars under 8 at the MOST some are 9 or 12. These can kill all your hard work one at a time So pay careful attention to the labels

Also as for the fat free meat. That is only recommended 3 or less times a week. Even if they are fat free the sodium in them is also high hense they are not allowed more then 3 times a week.

Hope some of this information helps. Like I said over time those can add up and do more damage then good and your left wondering why the scale isnt going down.

Lauratigger
11-24-2009, 09:47 PM
Cure to boredom - check this site a million times a day - Ha ha!!!

You know I don't think I EVER eat because I'm hungry. I eat when I'm bored, angry, stressed, etc. Or since HM the main reason I eat is cause I'm "supposed to" - cause i'm fueling my body and I know if I go too long without eating, my metabolism suffers. But still never when I'm hungry. And I just realized I don't think that will ever change - it's just something I'll have to live with, even when I am skinny. That's a bit of an a-ha for me. Hmmm....better go get more hobbies :)

tricia80
11-24-2009, 11:30 PM
I do not plan on eating the meat more than 3x a week.. i usually only work a couple days in homecare...

I am bored and i have checked this site about 100 times today... i am fighting these hunger urges.. i hope this passes soon...

skimmy201
11-25-2009, 07:29 AM
To stop my urges to eat while being bored, I have picked up crocheting. I find if I keep my hands busy(especially while watching tv at night) I don't even think about food. I just keep my glass of water next to me.
I have started doing my holiday baking and not giving into temptation has been difficult. However I was so proud of myself that I had one small shortbread as my free exchange last night. Normally it would have been 3 or 4!!
Went to bed feeling great and woke up with a loss!! Yippee
Greatest thing is I know I wont get into the baking since I use it as gifts. It wont be in my house for too long and it goes into the freezer where I forget it is!
I hope everyone is doing well..Oh I watched the hockey game last night and missed Biggest loser. Someone has to fill me in!!!

better life
11-25-2009, 08:47 AM
Good morning....well all is well here in Watertown...except for the ladies am with are driving me crazy...as usual....all but my mom....lol

Yesterday was a right off...only because I didn't eat enough, not because I ate too much. I have to get my act together...I had 1 yogourt, 1/2 english muffin with a bit of cheese and about 2 slices of bacon...about 30 almonds or more throughout the day a garden salad with no dressing and a fat free jello.....no water at all. That was it.

I told my mom when we get out today I am going to weigh myself...have had my pills an orange and a bowl of fibre one cereal. Picking up some water today.

Hope all is well with everyone, I will look through posts tonight when I have more time.

Kim

tricia80
11-25-2009, 09:29 AM
i did a weigh in this a.m. and i am now 259 out of the 60's.. whoo hooo

i weighed in last sat at 265.4 and now down to 259... even if nothing else i have dramatically reduced my eating... i am going from hardly drink water except at work to drinking 3 water bottles so thats an improvement.. slowly but surely i will make my way up to 8 glasses of water a day...

now i have to see what happens tonight since i work night shift.. i am thinking that maybe when i get the 3am munchies i treat it like its breakfast since i will be asleep for breakfast tomorrow...

anyone else work shift work???

Jniniffer
11-25-2009, 09:46 AM
Hi Tricia!

I work graveyards... 4 on 4 off. Thankfully I'm on the 4 off at the moment LOL. I guess one advantage/disadvantage I have is that when I work, I still don't get much sleep during the day as I still need to care for my 2 year old. Because of this my eating patterns don't change much. I'm a care aid and work in a house with 6 disabled adults.

So bascially I just don't eat after 12am and just have water the rest of the night. The days I can sleep in...has proven difficult to get all the food in after I get up but hey, I do it! LOL I'll usually have a peanut crunch bar for breakfast so I have something in my tummy and that takes away a protein, starch and a fat.

Anyways... this seems to be working so far as it hasn't been a week yet LOL good luck hun!

ReneeM102
11-25-2009, 12:35 PM
Hi Ladies...Wow I"ve missed a lot! Congrats on all the losses....and welcome to the new gals! I went for a WI today and was down 1.4lbs...I was hoping for more, but at least it wasn't a gain...I had some treats on Saturday (newhew and bros bday parties)..and i guess it showed! Oh well...I've been back on track all week now!
I work shift work - 12 hr days one week - 12 hr nights the next. I've found it hard on days off....Day's that I work, I find much easier because for me at least...I can only eat what I pack in my lunch kit...I find night shift I lose a little better..I'm not sure why, but thats how it has seemed for me up to this point anyways. I don't really find I eat much different on days off...but eating times are way different. When I work day shift I'm not eating dinner till 8pm...which is way too late, but thats when I get home. I work in manufacturing, and we have scheduled breaks, so I dont' have the option to have supper before that time. Oh well....I just figure it is what it is, and I'm working hard at it, but its getting easier to figure out as I go along. I'd be happy to share any other tips. I've been on the program now for 11 weeks, so I'm now quite comfortable with the shift work, and planning meals around that :)
Have a great day ladies!

tricia80
11-26-2009, 08:22 AM
Ok ladies.. last night was baaaaaaaaad...

First off our hospital announced layoffs and no one knows who its gonna be etc..well some staff were told yesterday and one lady who just went on maternity leave and had her baby two weeks ago just got told she has no job to come back to... very stressful.. so the patients were wound up and the chocolate junk was out in full force for the nurses.. LOL... so i had a cupcake, approx 10 ju jubes and like 4 chocolates.. (like mini reeses butter cups) so i am naughty...

i am very thankful that i have a second job to fall back on.. but a lot of girls are stressed out... on a positive note i didn't eat the double whopper with cheese a patient's family member gave me... LOL

Oh and does the server on this site get busy a lot.. cuz i couldn't log in at all while i was bored and had questions last night...

anyways off to bed.. its raining here and i hope you ladies are having a good day...

Lauratigger
11-26-2009, 05:55 PM
Hey Tricia - this site is down a lot. We have a facebook group called 'just friends' for when it goes down. I was on there last night - in between bawling watching Biggest Loser where are they now. Are you on FB - we can send you the link if you like. Hope your day is better today and you can get back on track. When you can overcome these kind of challenges it makes losing so much sweeter.

Apart from the site being down, it's quiet around here. Must mean Kim is shopping and seeking out water - ha ha!

Hope everyone is doing fantastic!
Laura

tricia80
11-26-2009, 08:11 PM
Unfortunately at night i can't get on FB... they banned it at work...

So i didn't gain anything today and i didn't lose even if i messed up.. but the upside was for me that i said no to the double whopper with cheese and didn't eat like 3 cupcakes so there was some willpower

today i bought the snackers choice trial pack to see which ones i liked.. i ate the free pack they gave me when i started and forgot to note which ones were good and which ones i disliked.. i also bought the VHP chocolate shakes for the morning time.. its hard for me to wait the 30mins to 1 hr at 5am.. so i am gonna take my herbs first thing when i wake up and then drink my shake and eat fruit on the way to work and at 9-10am when its my first break have a snack then... this whole night shift thing has messed me up...

i went to get my dd from my friends and they invited me in for food.. but i behaved.. no pie (which is a big deal because mennonites love their desserts) and i ate coleslaw, mashed potatoes and meat but in much smaller proportions.. technically i haven't eaten my 3rd meal of the day yet so i may just do a salad for evening snack.. i need more veggies in today and i had homemade bread and crackers so i am sure i am done with starches... but only 1 piece of bread... so hey i tried...

ok rambling rambling i need to start a blog.. i have no life.. although i should do my homework for school... i am not motivated anymore... its the end of the semester...

kopytko
11-28-2009, 10:46 AM
Hey girls I would love to be part of your FB group you're so inspiritational! Please email PM me the link.

I've been on HM for about 12 weeks and I have my good and bad - my body hates losing weight but I think if I kick up the exercise things so start falling off! :)

better life
11-29-2009, 07:22 PM
Sent you the Link

:)

better life
11-29-2009, 07:34 PM
Kopytko....welcome to our little group....we all have our goods and bads...TRUST ME....LOL

Laura.....too funny!!!!

I tried to get on here while away as well and the site was down.

Shopping trip was a disaster....got some good buys, but the company was terrible....never again my friends, it was not very enjoyable at all!!

I did well with the eating though...well better then I thought...if anything I didn't eat enough 1 or 2 days...but it is alot better then the damage I could have done!! I think I will be okay, stay the same if anything, which is totally okay with me...better then a gain!! I am hoping for that anyway, I guess the scales will tell tomorrow morning.

I have NO IDEA what else to buy the kids for X-mas, they all want the Ipod touch...there is no way I can afford 3 of them...my daughter is fairly easy to buy for, it is the boys that I am having a hard time with. Suggestions anyone?? They are 14 and 16...H E L P !!!!

It is so quiet here and even on the FB page as well.....is it really me that can't be quiet...LOL

Hope all is well with everyone!!

Kim

carlislegirl
11-29-2009, 09:22 PM
Hi there
I am new to the forum. I have been following you guys for quite some time, I just never chimed in. Been on HM since the end of August. So far I think things are going pretty good. You guys are all very inspirational. You have some great ideas. I quite enjoy the recipe site as well. Looking forward to chatting with you all and sharing ideas how to get through the christmas season.S

better life
11-29-2009, 11:12 PM
Hi there
I am new to the forum. I have been following you guys for quite some time, I just never chimed in. Been on HM since the end of August. So far I think things are going pretty good. You guys are all very inspirational. You have some great ideas. I quite enjoy the recipe site as well. Looking forward to chatting with you all and sharing ideas how to get through the christmas season.S

Well hello there ~S~ very nice to meet you, if you have been following us, I guess you already know who I am...LOL I will introduce myself anyway my name is Kim, very nice to meet you.

Looks like you are doing great on the program by the numbers on your sw/cw/gw good for you!!

Speaking of the Christmas season...I am hoping I can stay strong...there is so many goodies floating around at work this time of year residents families bring in chocolates....goodies...cookies...tarts...cakes... .you name it...we see it. They haven't started coming yet, but I am sure it is just a matter of time. Might be chewing a whole lot of gum the month of December...lol

So where in Canada do you live if you don't mind my asking.

Look forward to getting to know you better!!

K

better life
11-29-2009, 11:15 PM
3 months 3 weeks until Cuba...which means I have 2 months 3 weeks till I should hit my goal weight and I have 31.5lbs to go....which means...I better really get my head in the right place...atleast the center I go to they aren't as strict as HM, if I don't hit my goal by that time, I don't lose my extra year as a matter of fact...I don't think she even charges the extra money for the extra weeks, her main goal for me (and everyone else )is to get me to my goal weight...and as long as she owns the center I can go weigh in as many times I want as long as I want...her main goal is to help people succeed in weightloss and keep it off!!

BUT with all that being said....

My main goal is to be at my goal weight by the 22nd of February!!!!!!!

~~~~~I just wanted to add that little blurb to remind myself where I am at and where I need to be!!!~~~~~

ReneeM102
11-30-2009, 12:55 AM
Hey ladies!!! Hope all is well! Had trouble getting on here for a while so I haven't checked till tonight...and here I am! lol Working night shift tonight...probably should be working and not on here, but I needed a break, and some motivation! Today is alright...I'm starving though!!! I've eaten extra veggies to compinsate...I thought better veggies than chips or something out of the vending machine! Oh well....typical of night shift for me anyways :)
Nice to read everything and catch up! Welcome Newbies....make sure to join us on facebook!!!
Have a good Monday everyone!!

tricia80
11-30-2009, 09:34 AM
Well i had my first official progress update...

I have lost 7.2 lbs in my first week... i know most is probably water weight but hey i am happy..

Yesterday was difficult... I had trifle and jello salad at lunch.. but hey the jello salad had carrots in it so that must be healthy right? LOL Sunday dinners are a big thing but i didn't take what i would normally take... this plan has definately made me reduce my serving sizes... and i am thinking before i put it in my mouth... so thats an improvement...

Lauratigger
11-30-2009, 11:18 AM
Welcome Carlisle! Congrats Tricia! You WILL do it Kim! :)

Well I've just come off a 4 day binge. Xmas parties, grey cup parties, etc turned into wine, chips, chocolate etc. I'm up to 149.6, but I'm surprised I'm not well back into the 150's. Ugh. On FB, Kim made a comment this type of bingeing is how we got to our starting weight - you're right Kim and that scared me. So today is a new day - I'm gonna be strict, especially with water. I've got xmas events every weekend now, but mostly just open houses, not actual big dinners like I had this past weekend.

Hope everyone has a really good week!
Laura

better life
11-30-2009, 05:42 PM
posted on Fb,but not everyone is a member so I will post here as well.

I was up 1lb today but I am okay with that...considering I was away from home and in a motel room for 4 days...I am good with that...other things as well...but won't go into detail here...LOL

Laura...when you sit and think about how you got to where we were at it makes you feel ill...even now when we do the binge eating, do you ever sit and think to yourself...and I know I have and I have even said this outloud to myself....what are you doing this for you stupid B...with an itch....you have worked so hard...why do you do this?? and we do it so easily....it sucks!!! But I am glad you are back on track...we can do this!!

I am not changing my ticker to 170...by Saturday I will have that pound gone and then some!!

Also posted this on FB....in a whiny mood what can I say....LOL

I hate to whine....but man do I even feel sh**ty today/tonight....whatever is brewing is something good....I went up and had a nap when I got home from my runing around and a co-worker showed up a 3 o'clock, ofcourse I am in my jammies still as I just got up 10 minutes earlier and she looks at me and says...are you OK..your calling in for tomorrow...aren't you?? You look very pale....I said I don't know what it is but I am very dizzy, my neck is so sore, when I cough I feel like I am going to throw up and when I cough it is like a barking noise...and the headache...OMG. I felt crappy friday and some of Saturday but yesterday it had passed..today it is back...with a vengence!!

:-(...... I love my job but there is so much crap going around all the time especially this time of year...

better life
11-30-2009, 05:52 PM
Well i had my first official progress update...

I have lost 7.2 lbs in my first week... i know most is probably water weight but hey i am happy..

Yesterday was difficult... I had trifle and jello salad at lunch.. but hey the jello salad had carrots in it so that must be healthy right? LOL Sunday dinners are a big thing but i didn't take what i would normally take... this plan has definately made me reduce my serving sizes... and i am thinking before i put it in my mouth... so thats an improvement...

Tricia....way to go on the weigh in!!

Things will get easier for you...you will see. I was the total opposite of you...in the beginning it was very easy for me, I found I had too much food, that was my only complaint....who the heck ever thought I would complain about too much food....LOL...it is now that at times I struggle....since about September off and on...the first 2 months or so were easy.

As far as your jello salad....make your own with the legit kind!!

Keep up the great work.

Trying to keep mysel busy here....all I wanna do is lie down, I won't sleep tonight if this keeps up!!

tricia80
11-30-2009, 06:55 PM
Well Jello Salad was homemade... Jello is big in the Mennonite culture along with ketchup.. LOL

u can help me with my philosphy homework ;)

i am soo bombing this course... at least I am doing well in Molecular biology

carlislegirl
11-30-2009, 07:31 PM
Thanks guys for the welcome.
Kim, I live in southern onatario. I feel I've been doing pretty good with the program so far, but that has been achieved by isolating myself a bit. Turning down a few invitations so I don't put myself in temptations way. I work in health care and it is full of temptations like chocolates, biscuits and never ending people wanting to order lunch out. So far I have had pretty good willpower, but I feel it starting to weaken. I am off to Florida this sunday with my husband, leaving the 2 kids with my parents. I am very worried about the eating out..hope I can figure out how to eat smart. The girls at HM recommended FB's and SB's. Anybody ever used these??

I was down 2 lbs today at weigh in. I credit that to the new treadmill we got last week. Feels great to be able to jog even if only for 3 min at a time.

Hope everyone has a great week.
Shar

tricia80
11-30-2009, 09:54 PM
Welcome Shar, I too am in healthcare and trust me i feel your pain and with Christmas coming its only getting worse... Congrats on your weigh in...

I am suprisingly under stuff for the day.. must be since i had to work etc... I need to eat A peanut butter sandwich, carrots, and something dairy wise... and i have no yogurt... eeeek.. maybe just drink milk.. LOL

Lauratigger
11-30-2009, 11:51 PM
Hey Shar - I totally get the isolation thing. Kind of feels like you can socialize, or lose weight, but not both. So I socialize on this board - ha ha! I use both the s/b and f/b. Honestly jury is still out. I often feel they are selling me whatever I'll buy. On the other hand, my weight loss is really good - at least 2lbs a week. In fact this weekend I totally blew it - we're talking more than 1000 calories extra every day, and I went up only 0.2lbs. So...maybe there is something to it. When I started this I decided I was spending the money on me, so I'm willing to buy the extra products....but I'm not sure how much of a difference they make.

Lauratigger
11-30-2009, 11:54 PM
Hey Kim
Yeah, I've had that conversation many times. Unfortunately it's usually when I'm past the point of no return. So, while I'm saying how could I be so stupid, I just get down, and then the only thing that makes me feel better of course is more food. Funny how our brains go against us.

But.....gotta keep in mind that was one weekend, you had one trip (and did awesome on it - such a minor gain!). Gotta have fun sometimes, as long as we can get back at it. And I was good today, so I'm back! I'm also not changing my ticker until end of the week :)

Wannabethin2009
12-01-2009, 12:16 PM
So I went into my center yesterday and told the manager(the one that never seems to have time for me) that I feel like I have fallen off the wagon!! Her answer was well I'm going to out you on daily visits(which is hard for me cause I have to kids that have busy schedules) and we are going to pre plan your meals!! THATS IT?? Thats all she had to say....she maybe spent 5 minutes with me and then sent me on my way. I really like the other girl there much better. Also they have closed the center on Saturdays now because they said they don't do very much business on Saturdays. Well that was one of the days that I can make it in so now what???

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. Well I am going to go in today again and see what they say today.

kopytko
12-01-2009, 05:20 PM
Hey all!

I got the link for the FB group!

For those of you who lose an average of 2 lbs per week - how much do you exercise?

My weight loss is very slow on a good week I'll be lucky to lose a pound. I drink my water, watch what I'm eating - so frustrating!

As for the F/B and S/B how do you take them Lauratigger? I know my centre has said a couple of days before the "big day" start using them and a couple days after but I'm looking for some more opinions on this as I tend to analysis everything to death!

tricia80
12-01-2009, 08:31 PM
I haven't started exercising yet... I am waiting until laughing won't cause me to cough...

I have been offered to buy an elliptical from a patient's house... i don't think its allowed though.. something about professional boundries... any thoughts?

I go in tomorrow for my wed supplement... and weigh in... i don't wanna... LOL.. i am kinda nervous.. thats why i do it first thing in the a.m. before i eat breakfast when i can...

BTW i will complain one more time.. Philosphy sucks...

carlislegirl
12-01-2009, 08:57 PM
Hi everyone

Kim.. I hope you are feeling better

Regarding FB's my girls at HM told me to take 2 before a fatty meal and 2 after. The SB's they said to take 2 after over indulgiong in alcohol. Everyone seems to be told something different so now I am confused. When I go in tomorrow I'll ask again.

I have just recently started increasing the excercise. I started out in Sept. with just walking for half an hour, then in oct. I walked in the early afternoon(my lunch break) and rode the stationary bike for 1/2 hr in the evening. Last week we got a treadmill so now I walk/jog for 40 min in the evening I'm still huffing and puffing but its getting better. The girls at HM said to avoid weights for now as it adds muscle and weighs more..

Good luck to everyone having weigh ins tomorrow

Shar

Lauratigger
12-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Hey Everyone
This morning I was down to 147.8 - almost my pre-ticker weight. Pretty happy with that considering the crazy weekend.

My centre suggests taking the s/b and f/b about a week before to about a week after a big meal. Idea is to get it into your system at a decent level. They also suggest Platoria, and I think that one works better (it's the one I took with this past weekend), but it's more expensive.

I usually like exercise, but I've had the lazy bug lately and only go about once a week - bit of cardio and weights.

Settling in to Biggest Loser tonight with a big cup of tea. Ah, perfect evening.

tricia80
12-02-2009, 10:02 AM
I had my weigh in and i am down 3lbs..

So officially i am now 255.4

10.2 lbs lost since i started HM. Whooo hooooo

My person at the centre suggested increasing my protein at breakfast or lunch to help curb the evening hunger pains...

What kind of veggies fill you up??

I keep track of my calories on sparkpeople and some days i am not even eating 1000cals but i am eating tons of good stuff... so i need more fill veggies..

Lauratigger
12-02-2009, 12:54 PM
Way to go Tricia!! Awesome!!!! :)

I keep starches in the morning/lunch, and then protein at breakfast, lunch, dinner (I have two proteins, so two of them are usually half servings). Yeah - 1000cals is too low!! You'll slow your metabolism! I'm getting used to raw veggies. My centre says keep carrots, peas and corn to no more than 2x/week, cause they are high starch. I'm loving brocolli (which I will never be able to spell in my lifetime) and asparagus.

BUT....I got your solution....sweet potatoes/yams/pumpkin are vegetables, not a starch, and very filling. I posted a recipe for pumpkin pie without the crust earlier, and it's great. Huge serving is only one veg, 1/4dairy, 1/4 protein. Let me know if you want it and I can send it. :)

tricia80
12-02-2009, 04:38 PM
uh oh.. i have been using carrots to up the veggie intake..

I would love your crustless pumpkin pie recipe...

hmm guess its time to start like sweet potatoes and yams.. really not that impressed.. LOL

kopytko
12-02-2009, 06:58 PM
I'd love the "pumpkin pie" recipe please!

Jniniffer
12-02-2009, 08:23 PM
would love the recipe too please!!

Lauratigger
12-02-2009, 08:58 PM
Hi Everyone,
I got the recipe from a blog of a local radio morning show host. Here it is - yummy!

BAKED PUMPKIN PUDDING (basically Pumpkin Pie without the crust)
2 cups pumpkin puree
1 cup skim milk
2 eggs
5 tsp Splenda Brown Sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
tsp ginger
tsp nutmeg
tsp pumpkin pie spice

Mix well and pour into pie plate. Bake for 45 minutes about 400F or until set. Serve warm or cold, top with berries or crumbled graham crackers. Makes 4 servings (massive) – counts as 1 Vegetable, dairy, protein! (if you add graham crackers or berries, add FRUIT and STARCH).

Lauratigger
12-02-2009, 09:07 PM
I had a GREAT day! First of all, I now weight 146.3 - finally starting to creep back down again, and I'm still amazed after last weekend's binge. I won't bother changing the ticker until I'm 145.

And I finally got my butt to the gym. Not a great workout, (and I think I pulled my back a bit) but at least it's something. Yay!

kopytko
12-02-2009, 10:18 PM
That recipe looks awesome! No problem with the veggies now! I did my WI this morning and after running the last three morning and dragging myself out of bed to do it I was rewarded with a 0.4 lb GAIN. WTH!!
Totally ruined my day............

HMJunkie
12-02-2009, 10:26 PM
Looks like an awesome recipe! I will definitely try that out.

One question - have you ladies found Splenda Brown Sugar that's not a blend with real brown sugar?

tricia80
12-02-2009, 10:53 PM
Congrats Laura on you weight loss... Keep it up... Also thanks for that recipe.. I may take it with me to xmas dinner at my grandparent's so i don't feel like i am missing out.

Ok so i have to complain one more time.. Philosophy sucks.. but i finished my last assignment and now just have the final next week to prepare for... sooooo close to the finish line. I sooooo need to just pass this course with a 50.

Ok done ranting on non HM stuff...

Lauratigger
12-03-2009, 12:05 AM
HM Junkie - no, I haven't found a brown sugar that isn't a blend. I pretend just not to see that on the package :lol: Actuallly I figure it's really not that much.

Kopytko - congrats - you probably just gained .4 pounds of muscle :lol:

Good luck with the philosophy Tricia - you've really motivated me to never take it! :)

sunflower72
12-03-2009, 12:17 PM
It's funny you guys mention the brown sugar because I didn't realize it was a blend either. I used it for the Baked Berry French Toast Recipe and I questioned the center because it said packages and I have never seen it in a package. Apparently Sweet 'n' Low has a brown sugar but I haven't been able to find it. I just ignore the "blend" too LOL

ReneeM102
12-03-2009, 04:50 PM
Hi girls!!!! Hope all is well. Congrats on all the losses. And Thanks for posting that recipe again! I'm going to use it this holiday season :)
I went for a WI on Wed and had dropped 5lbs since last friday...I was so happy with that!! I go again tomorrow...so we will see what its at then :)
Everyone ready for christmas???

tricia80
12-03-2009, 06:14 PM
Today i was baking and man oh man lost of licking icing... does that count as anything??? LOL

I got involved in a cookie exchange... i am just planning on giving the cookies away as presents for hosts etc.. yes i am cheap... i just hope i have the freezer space... LOL

Jniniffer
12-03-2009, 07:05 PM
Tricia--You sure you were not in my kitchen??? LOL I made a gingerbread house with the kids yesterday and well the icing made it's way from my fingers to my tongue! then I prebaked cupcakes for the twins birthday next week...those beaters sure were tempting!! LOL

carlislegirl
12-03-2009, 09:33 PM
Great job everyone ,
That pumpkin pie actually sounds delicious.

I went for my weigh in yesterday and was down 0.8, but that wasn't the best. My centre had been running a biggest loser competion for the month of November and guess who won.....
:)Me thats right, 6.3 % down. Nothing compared to the real biggest loser but hey its better than nothing.
$200.00 worth of products was the prize.. I was the happiest girl yesterday.
Hopefully I don't screw up that weight loss in Florida next week.

Shar

tricia80
12-03-2009, 09:38 PM
Shar - congrats.. that is totally awesome... $200 worth of free product is a great prize... Congrats!!!!

Jenn - those beaters are soooo tempting... i am glad the squares are at my friends house and not mine...

carlislegirl
12-03-2009, 09:53 PM
Tricia
What were you baking...
I have been dreading the baking thing. I was always the baker at work and jus recently everyone was complaining that I don't do it anymore.
Any suggestions on baking that comes in on program??

tricia80
12-04-2009, 08:00 PM
We made neopolitan squares... they are definately not on program... I have the HM cookbook.. i should look in there.. there was some recipes i found online...

I shall be back...

tricia80
12-04-2009, 08:03 PM
i actually posed this question on another group when i meant to put it on this one.. oh well.. doesn't hurt anyone...

i compared the HM VH shake mix to another protein mix that i was thinking about and vitaminally and minerally (are those even words) they are equivalent.. the alternative has 30 less calories... so i wonder if i could use them and treat them like a VH shake..

so i was comparing melaleuca proflex to the VHP shake at HM.. Minerally and vitaminally there are pretty much equivalent.. and the melaleuca one is 30 calories less... I trust melaleuca because that is where we get our vitamins and supplements and laundry.. DD has serious eczema issues so therefore needs a chemical free alternative and they are reasonably priced...

i compared the HM VH shake mix to another protein mix that i was thinking about and vitaminally and minerally (are those even words) they are equivalent.. the alternative has 30 less calories... so i wonder if i could use them and treat them like a VH shake..

what do you ladies think? i know at HM they will push their product but its $26 more than the one i am looking at through Melaleuca.. opinions?

tricia80
12-04-2009, 08:24 PM
Ok here is a list of HM dessert recipes... Let me know which one you are interested in..

Apple pie
Apple squares
Baked alaska
baked cheesecake
banana bread
banana delight
blueberries and cream
chocolate flakey
chocolate fondue
chocolate kielbasa (sounds interesting)
chocolate parfait
chocolate pineapple bombe
Dads favorite chocolate chip cookies
frosty peach
fruit crisp
fruit parfait
Jell-O- Wobble
Nectarine Creme
No bake cheesecake
No guilt trip chocolate group
Noodelicious soup
Orange rice pudding
peachy keen crumble
pineapple crisp
quark berry spread
quark lemon jelly
Quick jello fiz
raspberry ambrosia
raspberry parfait
rocky mountain squares
sensational strawberries
spiced apples
strawberries and quark
strawberry yogurt freeze
totally legal sundae
vanilla sky
wheat germ cookies

tricia80
12-04-2009, 08:27 PM
I like this book because it tells me what one serving equals as far as protein fruuit and dairy go

the cheesecake doesn't even use up a free exchange and is a complete protein.. hmmmmm

carlislegirl
12-04-2009, 08:38 PM
Hi Tricia .. Wow thanks for all the work.
I would love the choc chip cookine recipe as well as the rocky mountain squares. Sounds interesting.

I don't ever use the vhp shakes or powder but I do buy protein bars at Zellers. They are equivalent in nutritional value to the ones at HM.
and alot cheaper. I figure HM cannot have the exclusive rights to all the products they sell. They are after all the money they can squeeze out of people. Don't get me wrong I like HM just not the cost of some of their products. I'll save money wherever I can

tricia80
12-04-2009, 08:51 PM
Not too much work.. i picked up the book and retyped the table of contents in the dessert section.. i used to do medical transcription so that is something i can do quickly.. LOL

Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 large egg
4 tsp soft, light margarine
2 tsp artificial sweetner
1 cup rolled oats
4 tbsp fat free sour cream
1 snackers choice premium chocolate chip bar
1 tsp baking powder

Preheat oven to 400F
Beat egg, margarine, and artificial sweetner in bowl

Soak rolled oats in sour cream until tender. Add egg mixture to oats.

Finely chop snackers choice bar. Add chopped bar and baking powder to oats/egg mixture. Stir well until smooth. Place heaped tablespoons of batter on a nonstick baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 mins or until golden brown

Serves Four
One serving equals 1/3 protein, 1 starch, 1 fat, 1/4 free exchange.

Rocky Mountain Squares

3tsp soft margarine
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp dry ginger
3 prunes
3 dried dates
3 tbsp raisins
1 snackers choice chocolate chip bar
1/2 c special k
1/2 c cheerios
1/2 c corn flakes
1/2 c quick oats
2 tbsp wheat germ

Heat margarine, cinnamon, vanilla extract and ginger in a large sauce pan. Let cool.

Finely cube prunes, dates, raisins, and snackers choice bar. Mix with special k, cheerios, corn flakes, quick oats, wheat germ, and spiced margarine until soft and evenly tossed with margarine. Put in a baking pan, let cool, and cut into six servings.

Serves Six.
One serving equals 1/6 protein, 1/4 fruit, 1 starch, 1/2 fat, 1/4 free exchange.

Lauratigger
12-05-2009, 12:46 AM
Hey Tricia
TOTALLY go with the alternative to VHP. I went to my centre with an alternate whey protein and it was kind of funny....first she tried to question the amount of protein, then I pointed out it was identical to theirs. Then she questioned the ingredients, but I pointed out it was organic. Etc, etc etc. I think there is some validity that the source of ingredients should be respected, but if you check that out, then I definetly think you can do the alternative. BTW....I didn't think 'vitaminally and minerally' were real words, but woudl NEVER question a philosophy student ;)

better life
12-05-2009, 06:34 PM
Hello Ladies...I posted over in the JUST FRIENDS as well.

So happy to be back, how I have missed you all....almost 2 weeks without you guys...however did I make it....LOL....;)

I am going to go back and read posts.....haven't had a chance to do that here yet...but I want to say congrats to losers...and keep going strong to anyone that might have struggled.

I have aready changed my ticker/stats/etc to reflect my loss for today.....I know I have my being sick to credit it to...but 2lbs 3/4....I'll take...a loss is a loss....even if it is is because I couldnt eat....LOL...just hope it doesn't bite me in the butt when I go to WI Wednesday!!

I won't post the same as I did over in the FB thread because I know alot of us go to both sites...and if not that gives you a reason to go there....LOL...or even join us there if you haven't already!!

I did go to the gym today for the first time in forever...just wanted to get a little walk in on the treadmill, I only did 20 minutes, and I did a few of the leg machines, didn't want to over-do it!!

Hope all is well with you guys.

Kim

carlislegirl
12-05-2009, 08:49 PM
could someone send me the link to Just Friends on FB, I can't seem to find it by searching.... way to many to filter through

Thanks
S

better life
12-05-2009, 09:23 PM
could someone send me the link to Just Friends on FB, I can't seem to find it by searching.... way to many to filter through

Thanks
S

Just sent it!!!

better life
12-05-2009, 09:48 PM
Hey guys I got a few recipes today when I was at the center they were attached to the info letters!!

I have not tried any of these but wanted to share!!

Here are a couple....

SUGARLESS CHRISTMAS CUT OUT COOKIES

3/4 cup margarine softened
1 package sugar free strawberry jello
Egg substitute, equivalent to 1 egg
1 and 3/4 cup of all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1tsp vanilla extract

In a mixing bowl, cream margarine and jello. Beat in the egg substitute and vanilla. Mix the flour and baking powder and add to the egg mixture. Chill 1 hour. pre-heat oven to 400F. Roll out the dough on a lighty floured surface to 1/4" thickness. Cut out with cookie cutters. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 6-7 minutes or until lightly browned.

Makes 6 dozen.
2 cookies = 1 free choice.

HOT SPINACH DIP

1 pkg (300g) frozen chopped spinach thawed, drained
1 c calorie wise Miracle Whip
1/2 c light grated parmesan cheese
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp chopped roasted red peppers

Pre-heat oven to 350F. Mix spinach, dressing,cheese and garlic until well blended. Spoon onto 9 inch pie plate or quiche dish. Bake 20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with peppers. Serve with 10 Reduced fat OR Multigrain wheat thins.

Makes 14-2tbsp servings
1 serving= 1 fat, 1/2 dairy, 1 starch for crackers.

tricia80
12-05-2009, 10:40 PM
ok so how does everyone handle being sick...

My daughter and I are both vomitting and i plan on a ginger ale/soup diet tomorrow...

and at this point i don't even care... any suggestions...

better life
12-05-2009, 10:45 PM
ok so how does everyone handle being sick...

My daughter and I are both vomitting and i plan on a ginger ale/soup diet tomorrow...

and at this point i don't even care... any suggestions...

Tricia...i would just focus on getting better....just got over being sick myself, and i just managed...somedays I couldn't barely eat anything...just make sure you guys are getting lots of fluids and rest...take care of yourselves.

I didn't take any supps or anything, no sense if your not eating properly. I was told to not take them, no sense if your not taking food in, nothing to burn!!

I hope this passes quickly for you guys!!

Kim

tricia80
12-06-2009, 08:53 PM
Well my daughter is back to normal..

I on the other hand am feeling like a truck hit me... no real food in today... just ginger ale and crackers.... oh and one banana.... still deciding whether that is going to stay down... only time will tell...

so i guess that gives me another day to study for my finals this w/e even though my brain is barely able to process.

tricia80
12-06-2009, 08:58 PM
i am wondering if i take the detox supplement tomorrow if that will help get this out of my system faster...

thoughts anyone?

tricia80
12-08-2009, 12:10 AM
I did my weigh in today and was at 255... so far i have lost 10.6lbs. I am gonna start eating and taking my supplements again and hope i get over this bug....

sunflower72
12-08-2009, 11:23 AM
Hope you are feeling better Tricia. It's so hard to lose when you aren't feeling well :(

sunflower72
12-08-2009, 11:27 AM
Thanks for those who posted recipes. I'm going to have to try them. I don't know why but I am big into recipes right now. I am actually just baking a Cheesy Broccoli Surprise for lunch :) I've shared some of my recipes on FB.

tricia80
12-08-2009, 02:58 PM
on the mend here.. i don't know if i am going back up to my veggie quota today though.. veggies are rough on the tummy and digestion...

cheesy brocolli suprise sounds yummy.. must check for recipe on FB.. Is there a note area started for recipes.. we can post some and give ideas..

tricia80
12-09-2009, 11:44 AM
today totally suck.. i gaied 3.2lbs since monday... WTH...

I am mad mad mad... and need to get back to the swing of things... i drank 1.5l of water last night.. i was soo dehydrated.. and i am almost done 1.5 already this morning... so maybe i could get in 3l of water and that will make me happy...

better life
12-09-2009, 12:16 PM
Tricia...just focus on getting all the sodium out of you. You ate soup and crackers....imagine all the salt in those 2 things....I personally also find if I drink pop of any sort, it bloats me, anyone else find this? Maybe this is happening to you as well? who knows.

You will likely have to drink lots of water to flush your system. I am so very sorry your going through this, as if you didn't feel bad enough with being sick. I know how you feel though, when I weighed yesterday and was up 1.5lbs....I was not happy, but I know it is because I am back to eating...lastweek was a tough week, couldn't eat anything. Then lastnight..well that is done and over now so....

Keep strong...don't let it get you down.

sunflower72
12-09-2009, 12:59 PM
Hang in there ladies. We all know we are going to hit bumps along our journey and we just have to remember that we will get over that hill.

Tricia - I think Kim is right you need to flush your system. It's hard when you are sick but because we don't ususally have a lot of salt or sugar in our diet it is hard on our bodies. You can do it girl!

Kim - Sorry to hear about you and hubby. We are hear to listen or if you want to talk just send me a message or give me a call ((HUGS))

tricia80
12-09-2009, 09:30 PM
i binged at supper tonight... shesh today is not a good day...I am gonna be drinking water like crazy for the next three days and get back into the swing of things.. and really need to figure out exercise i can do...

sunflower72
12-10-2009, 10:48 AM
OMG I am soooo worried about my wi today. I wasn't so good last night. The pressure just killed me. I did stick with my chicken salad with ff raspberry vinigrette dressing and it was a HUGE salad which I didn't eat the whole thing. It was the damn nachos and salsa they leave on the table and then everyone kept saying "You look so good. Treat yourself" blah blah blah. So I had a few bites of apple crumble and it was sooooo yummy. I'm worried about the salt though. So at 10:30 am I have already had my 8 glasses of water and am hoping to flush it out LOL. Wish me luck!

better life
12-10-2009, 03:09 PM
Good Luck Tamara....how did you make out???

Tricia...just get back on that horse my dear!!!

tricia80
12-10-2009, 04:06 PM
ok so today was not good either.. went to a cookie exchange.. and well there was naughty food..

why did i start this diet before christmas?

better life
12-10-2009, 07:11 PM
LMAO Naughty food....so you were a naughty girl....too funny...well not...but it is....in a naughty kind of way....MWHAHAHAHA

tricia80
12-10-2009, 09:59 PM
i was definately naughty... ;)

Ok so i am feeling sooo guilty i am halfway through my second 1.5L of water tonight... and i have pee'd every hour since i started.. LOL

I am cramming for both of my exams this w/e... but man i am totally not gonna do well.. Thank goodness for multiple choice...

Only one is multiple choice though... hopefully i will be stormed in and i can reschedule... LOL

tricia80
12-11-2009, 09:27 AM
Ok so i WI this a.m. and was up 0.2lbs. I am hoping that I can get back on track. No parties planned until dec 17 which is my dd's bday. I guess i won't make my mini goal of being in the 240's for my dd's bday... oh well...

better life
12-11-2009, 03:12 PM
I have had the worst day yet since being on HO.....seriously......chocolate should be banned...dang it all!!!!!!

Lauratigger
12-12-2009, 10:50 AM
I would like a ban on chocolate too :)

tricia80
12-12-2009, 02:34 PM
i want a ban on desserts in general.. i have got to get my sweet tooth pulled... LOL

ok so exams are done.. yeah!!!! I probably flunked both.. i feel sooo dumb.. i hate molecular biology now...

Time to refocus and get back on track... i am eating a huge salad with lettuce, broccoli, carrots, onion, red peppers, slices of cabbage, cucumber, grape tomatoes and 2 hard boiled eggs.. Very large and is probably at least 3 servings of veggies.. LOL and the dressing is yummy.. its one of president's choices new ones made with yogurt.. i was soo sick of casaer vinigrette. Also i can't seem to find those salad sprays anymore... I just can't eat a salad without dressing..

.. and my dd is baking low fat muffins.. at least thats a starch for breakfast i won't feel completely upset with myself for. Better than going to timmies... now all i have to do is drink my water...

Oh and here is a funny story. So i had to pee like crazy after my exam.. all this water drinking.. and it sounded like i was never going to stop. Hehehehe the poor ladies in the bathroom with me...

tonight i am making that cheesy brocolli thingy... Anyone have ideas for sole? we have it an dd wants that to go with it.

Chantal0123
12-14-2009, 12:11 PM
Hi everyone!!

I'm here :) There are MANY newbies I see - Hi there!
And wondering who's still around...

I joined this forum in March when I started HM... I've been an active member for some time and then... I stopped for Summer... Now I'm back on Program and I feel GREAT! I didn't gain much - so so AWESOME! When I started back in mid-Nov, I had gained 4 pounds! Really great, mostly water retention!!

Anyhow, keeping active with Kickboxing, Yoga & Running.
I got my 40 pounds lost mark :) last Thursday!! Would be REAL nice to hit 50 by Xmas...or by New Years...

So I'll catch up with all of you in a bit... I'll go read more posts!! :D

better life
12-14-2009, 02:00 PM
Hey Chantal...so nice to see you back. There aren't many of us left here, I think it is Dria...from time to time. Myself and then you from when I joined back in June...now it is a whole new crew...they are a great group as well. I have also made a facebook group as this site was going through some issues, and we didn't want to lose contact with one another. If you would like the link to join us ask away.

Way to go on the wee gain over the summer...that is amazing!!

Chantal0123
12-15-2009, 08:18 AM
Thanks for the update better life!!! What is the name of the group on FB?? I can't find it...

So I went for a WI last night...another 2 pounds lost - woot-woot!!
7.6 pounds away from 50 pounds!! Would be nice to reach goal this before Xmas... but that would mean being EXTRA EXTRA nice...and working out a lot lol

I could easily lose 5 pounds before the 24th....but 7.6... we'll have to wait and see!!!

tricia80
12-15-2009, 11:15 PM
i did my WI on monday and lost 4lbs.. whoo hooo because of the 3lb gain from being sick i only lost 1lb but hey i didn't gain again... must of been the water retention from all of the soup and crackers....

i shall see how i do tomorrow..

I have a question...

Does anyone get diarrhea from the detox vitamin??

Chantal0123
12-16-2009, 12:57 PM
Tricia - which pill is that?? Is that the pill they give us on the Monday?? (after the weekend...) ? If so, i've never had any problems...

Well, I'm doing good... not struggling at all with any cravings! I'm proud of myself :D I have to say that I will allow myself a few treats for Christmas!!!
But I'll watch my portion, drink a lot of water and if I can, exercise!!

Hoping for a good number tomorrow at WI... and inches dropping too!!

AND.... I might be the client of the week sooooon! :carrot:

tricia80
12-16-2009, 05:58 PM
ok so this morning gained 1.2lbs... Although I think its because of two reasons... 1. Constipation.. 2. PMS cuz i am cramping so that usually means that a cyst is gonna burst and I will get my period... arrrggghhh and the fact i ate a couple of homemade twisted knots tells me its pms time... i am sooo irregular so i have no idea when it will hit me... i am really hoping to not gain too much before the new year and start nice and fresh... at least there will be less baking presents given... LOL

Being a mennonite and trying to lose weight can be quite difficult...

tricia80
12-18-2009, 10:47 PM
So i was right... up another 0.4lbs today and my period came... so i am hoping to just not gain a whole ton and drinking lots of H2O.

Off to bed as i don't feel well...This seems to have become my herbal magic thread now..

muahahahaa hahahaha.. i have taken over...

Dria
12-19-2009, 03:44 PM
I saw the bad M word up there....... your talking chocolate but muffins are the devil lol

tricia80
12-19-2009, 06:28 PM
but the muffins were homemade and low fat.. LOL

Dria
12-20-2009, 11:17 AM
Fun info....... did you know depending on the muffin it can contain up to UP TO 8 Starches in just one lil muffin?!?!

momof5k
12-20-2009, 11:32 AM
Fun info....... did you know depending on the muffin it can contain up to UP TO 8 Starches in just one lil muffin?!?!

How is this quantified? Number of carbs? Calories? Fat? This is something I just don't get how to figure out :(

Dria
12-20-2009, 01:14 PM
Muffins are very dense. Mostly Flour content. The low fat helps but I would not make homemade muffins a regular part of my diet. Not all contain 8 starches but depending on the muffin UP to 8 starches can be in them. Little ones I would normally make I would account for about 4 starches..... so... way over any content Im allowed personally lol Not to mention the sugar and sodium content.

tricia80
12-20-2009, 07:34 PM
ok i didn't know that....

i feel dumb.. oh well no more muffins... sheesh just kill me... LOL

carlislegirl
12-20-2009, 07:58 PM
Don't feel bad Tricia, how were you to know. The restaurants alway make it sound like a muffin is a healthy alternative...
1 now and then will not be the end of you.
Stay strong
Sharon

tricia80
12-21-2009, 06:21 PM
so i am back down to 254... phew... finally back down to my lowest weight since i started.. now on to maintaining and not gaining...

tricia80
12-26-2009, 06:26 PM
i was 253.8 on christmas eve and i am not changing my ticker cuz i am scared.. LOL i go in for a WI on tues... so i am hoping to drink tons of water...

I also got an elliptical today.. whoo hoo Merry Christmas to me

tricia80
12-30-2009, 09:41 AM
no one has been here since dec 20 other than me.... i feel like there is an echo

heeeeelllllloooooooooooooo

better life
01-02-2010, 09:11 PM
LOL.....hellllooooooooooooooooooooo

better life
01-02-2010, 09:12 PM
depresses me to see my tickers...sitting BACK at 171.6 right now....but not for long...mwahahahahaha

BE GONE WITH YOU FAT!!!!!

tricia80
01-02-2010, 11:23 PM
is there someone out there...

hellooooooooooooo

All by myself.. don't wanna be ... all by myself...

:D

kdcheck
01-17-2010, 06:58 PM
Im here..i have been trying to find someone on herbal magic that i could chat with.

carlislegirl
01-17-2010, 07:55 PM
Welcome kdcheck
I have been on HM since aug 30th and have lost 45 lbs. There are a few of us who chat on Facebook, a group called "just friends". This site used to be quite active but much more now on FB. I still check in here from time to time not sure about the others. Hope things are going well for you on HM.

kdcheck
01-17-2010, 09:35 PM
Thank you so much carlislegirl I will check it out. Things are going good with HM hada bit of a gain over Christmas but I was quick to loose it thankfully.

Aimes
01-20-2010, 05:14 PM
Does anyone know a shake that you buy in the stores that would be similar to the VHP shakes???

HappyGirl
01-28-2010, 10:08 PM
Hi! What is the link to the Facebook Group called Just Friends? I tried searching for it but no luck...this site used to be quite active but not so much anymore.

Thanks!

carlislegirl
01-29-2010, 08:26 PM
here is the link for the facebook group...
facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=189376682360
come on over and join in the conversation
Sharon

HappyGirl
01-30-2010, 09:14 PM
Thanks Sharon. For some reason I can't get your link to work. How do I find your group on the Facebook site? What should I search it as?

carlislegirl
01-31-2010, 07:55 PM
Hi happygirl
I sent you a private message with the link
see if you have better luck. The facebook group is called just friends but I think there are lots of groups called that
Hope HM is going well for you
Sharon

Aimes
02-02-2010, 02:01 PM
can someone post the link?

carlislegirl
02-02-2010, 08:25 PM
Aimes
I sent you a private message with the link
Sharon

Aimes
02-02-2010, 11:20 PM
the link wouldn't work:( it just took me to all groups......
I typed in just friends but that won't work either I can't find it!

carlislegirl
02-03-2010, 06:34 PM
Aimes

If you search for Just Friends and then click on all groups you get to select refine to common interests. then you can select a subtype... here you select health and wellness, the group should be on top with the picture of a scale and two feet
Sharon

babycakes717
02-05-2010, 12:00 AM
Hello Ladies! Im new on here and I just started Herbal Magic on Sunday, Jan 31st! I am down 5.8 lbs since then! I joined you ladies on here because I feel I need all the support I can get. I have never lost weight before, only gained... When I started herbal magic I was at the biggest I have ever been at 274.8. My goal date and weight is March 12th 2011 and 160 lbs. I have requested an add to your facebook group just friends, I wasn't sure if it was public or not, but I need all the support I can get! I am horrible at diets!

Im looking forward to chatting and supporting on here!

tamaraj
03-17-2010, 11:12 AM
Hello everyone...

It looks like the activity on this thread has slowed down. I just joined Herbal Magic yesterday after a good friend of mine lost 35lbs (goal 40) in about 4.5 months. I'm aiming for almost 80lbs. Started at 218 (03/16/10) and hoping for 140 (12/22/10). What an amazing Christmas present that would be to myself!

So what about all of you ladies? How have you done with HM? Do you find it challenging to stick to such a defined list of foods? Do you buy the bars/shakes from HM? What about other products from them? Do ya'll have the recipe books?

I see you have a facebook group. Can I join?

Look forward to hearing from you all. I see that one of you anyhow is in Alberta! Me too! I'm in Calgary, where are you?

carlislegirl
03-17-2010, 07:11 PM
Welcome Tamara from Calgary. If you look up a couple of post it explains how to find our group on facebook. I am at the end of my weightloss with HM and am on stabilization. I lost 54 lbs in 6 months. I never bought any other products from HM other than the mandatory products. I got protein bars at costo and found them just as good and much cheaper.
Sharon

chunksoflove
03-18-2010, 12:57 AM
just requested for the facebook group...
Natasha C

Angry Mittens
05-06-2010, 03:16 PM
Hey Ladies!
I'm on month 2 of HM. I'm super excited to have found this website. Woooooo!

Tamara - I am in Calgary too! Yay Canadians! haha

Alright, that's enough exclamation marks for now...

tamaraj
05-07-2010, 04:01 PM
Good afternoon everyone!

Today's WI at HM was 194.6! That's 25lbs in 7 weeks and 2 days!

Angry Mittens - What center do you go to? I go to the one on Macleod Trail in the SE. How are you doing so far? How much do you have to lose? I'm having really good success.

I hope to hear from you soon. I joined the HM group on FB and have never seen anything come through so I like this forum. I love the support and so on.

Have a great mother's day weekend!

Tamara

Angry Mittens
05-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Hey Tamara,
I actually go out to the Cochrane Centre because I live
just North of the city but I work right behind the blackfoot and will
pop in the Macleod Centre if I work late or something.
It's going good to far but I really need to get my butt in gear
when it comes to exercising.
How is your Centre's associates?
There's 2 ladies out in cochrane and they are really great.
Always positive, motivated, realistic, etc etc. Really great
customer service!!

Hope to hear from you soon, I'm pretty much
within 10 lbs of your current weight and goal weight.

It would be really great to have a weight-buddy in the city! :D

Hope you had a great mother's day :)

Angry Mittens
05-12-2010, 08:40 AM
Hey Herbal Magic ladies!
I'm not sure if anyone uses the chocolate VHP meal replacement shakes, but I usually have 1 for brekkie, and sometimes one for dinner.

I've started experimenting with them using half water / half almond milk, and last night I made one for this morning with almond milk and a banana.

BAD NEWS BEARS!

Oh my gosh. Whatever you do, don't use a banana in it. It's like communism -sounds great in theory, but in practice tastes like chocolately, chalky crap.

I plugged my nose and chugged it. It definitely did NOT make my soul smile!!

Just figured I would share my story of VHP woe, haha.

Any of you ladies find any fun ways to "spice" up VHP shakes?

I think my next experiment might be adding some cinnamon and nutmeg to
the vanilla shakes.... Dun dun dunnnnnnnn :P

Hope everyone is doing great! I am stalled at 208 for the past 3 days, up from 206. Ugh.

I really need to step up and start moving my you-know-what for cardio.

tamaraj
05-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Hi Angry Mittens: Looks like we're just about the only ones that use this thread...oh well!

I love my center's associates. Two are really terrific and two are ok but not bad in any way. I just started working out again on my Wii EA Personal Trainer...forgot how much I love it. I'm doing the 30 day challenge and I can feel it making a difference already. I am super hesitant to join a gym again as I just finished my monthly payments to Good Life and just didn't use it enough to justify that kind of money. My hubby and I are contemplating joining Snap Fitness where we can go together (and add our 17 year old daughter for only $30/mo) and it's open 24 hours. Keeping our minds open for now and see what we come up with.

If you want a buddy to walk with, or even go for a run I'm game. I joined the C25K (couch to 5Km) running plan, but haven't done anything yet other than running with my Wii personal trainer. I'd like to do a boot camp this summer, but will have to find one relatively close to home, reasonably priced and not on weekends (camping trips).

Anyhow you can FB me "Tamara Ferri Jansen" and we can chat more that way if you like.

Cheers,
Tamara

Angry Mittens
05-13-2010, 08:16 AM
That's okay Tamara - We'll be our own group, haha!

I've heard a lot of about this C25K, what is it exactly?

I'd totally be down for that. I need a cardio buddy to be
accountable too - apparently trying to start on my own is
not doing me any good, haha.

Yaaaaaay Calgarians - we are awesome! :P

tamaraj
05-25-2010, 03:10 PM
Hi Mitten!

C25K is a running program that will get you off your couch and running 5Km within 9 weeks!

We'll chat more soon. Just a quick pop in!

Tamara

gonnabananny2010
07-05-2010, 03:08 PM
hey girls and guys, Im new to this website and have been at herbal magic for the last two weeks. I have lost 7.6 lbs with them so far and about 20 + lbs on weight watchers in the last year. I am looking for daily support, conversation, ideas and to offer encouragement to others. I am a diabetic who has to see her doctor in 12 weeks and explain why I chose weight loss instead of the insulin. could be interesting.

tamaraj
07-05-2010, 06:01 PM
hi gonnabananny2010:

:wel3fc:

I'm probably not the one to offer daily support as sometimes I only check in once a week, but there are lots of forums that ARE daily. Try something like the July weight loss challenge. I do that monthly weight loss challenge every month and the girls are super supportive and many check in every day.

I love the herbal magic program. I started on March 17 at 219 lbs and today weighed in at 182.0. I also lost 10lbs before starting so in 2 more lbs I'll hit 50lbs...feels real good!

I sure hope that you can convince your MD that weight loss is a better choice for you than insulin. I've heard many people that were diabetic say that they are completely off their meds due to losing weight and getting healthy. I'll help anyway I can. I have made some great meals that are 100% on plan and have really enjoyed them.

You can look for me on Facebook as well (I'm definately on there everyday!)...LOL

Tamara Ferri Jansen is my name on FB.

Chat soon,
T

gonnabananny2010
07-05-2010, 11:55 PM
thanks so much Tamara for the advice, I will check out the monthly challenge. I have read threw quite a bit of the herbal magic threads but it doesn't seem to be as active these days as it was in the past. Is there another place I can look for help with the herbal magic area? I can't wait till I can post my counter for my weight lol its the small things that make me happy. Do you exercise as well while on the herbal magic? Congratulations on almost 50 lbs Im sure you will make that by this weekend!!!! I can't wait till I'm in your shoes...LOL

gonnabananny2010
07-06-2010, 10:20 AM
good morning ladies, since Im new to this website I was wondering what is onederland? alot of people use that word but I have no idea what it means? any help would be lovely!!!

tamaraj
07-08-2010, 10:02 AM
Onederland is when you leave the 200's behind and your weight drops into the 100's! It was a happy day for me when I hit that milestone...

I don't really know where you can get more assistance with HM other than asking us any questions and of course the associates at your HM location are invaluable!

I haven't been exercising very much...but plan to start this month as I'm really starting to notice the loose skin as well as the fact that muscle helps burn fat so the more muscle I build the hotter my metabolism will run. I do walk every day at the dog park and ride my bike around with DH occasionally but we're signing up at the gym this weekend.

Let me know if you have any questions and maybe I can help. I've been using 3FC for a long time (used to read it for hours before I finally joined up) and love the support!

Curious...what supplements are you taking, not only from HM but in general? Are you using other HM products? Tell me more about your experience so far...I'm a curious monkey!

Tamara

Peg on a mision
07-09-2010, 06:50 PM
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if I could join your group. I'm also a Herbal Magic client for just a little over 3 months....started on March 29th, 2010. I went in for my weigh-in today and have pleasantly lost 32 pounds now. I was also so happy when I entered Onederland. I mean I just got here, but I know Im staying. I still have a lot of weight to loose, but I know I can do it. Goal date is January 3, 2011, but I hope I can finish my weight lost goal just before the New Year.

Hope I can chat to some of you ladies. It's really important to have a support group.

Hope to talk to you soon and hear all about your goals and success'!

Peggy