Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-04-2009, 07:04 PM   #1  
Let's Get It Started

S/C/G: 265/251/140

Height: 5'6

Talking Feeling In Over my head

Well, Hey there ladies...Im Sarah...Mommy to Hailey and Kaitlyn who are 3yrs and 4 months old. Ive struggled with weight my whole life. I dropped 80 pounds in high school due to basic anorexia and an abusive boyfriend and when I met my now hubby, he made me feel so comfy I ballooned right up!! Ive been pregnant 5 times in the last 3 years but I only have had 2 live births. I'm 22 and married to my high school sweetheart (after my abusive boyfriend)...we've been together for 5 ears and married a little over 3. Im currently trying to watch what I eat and do a high fiber diet. Im trying to learn about the healthy ways to eat. I find it hard to resist things and almost put things into my mouth without thinking sometimes. I love to cook, so Im looking for some healthy and tasty things my whole family will like (hubby and daughter are very picky). I'm currently 240 and would like to drop 100. I know it will take awhile but I literally have NO support system. My sisters are thin (100 pounds soaking wet) and my mom is overweight but doesnt think its a big deal. So...here I am...looking for a buddy or 2 or 3. Thanks! Looking forward to the journey!! Only way to go is forward!!
xoxoSarah
MusickMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 07:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/262/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi, Sarah. I gained 60 pounds with my first child over 30 years ago and have lost it several times since then. Now I'm trying to lose it again. Since you are so much younger than me, let me give you this advice....Lose it while you're young and exercise to keep it off. Now that I'm older, it's not so easy to be physically active enough to keep it off.
paddykakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Hey Sarah. Welcome. I don't have children so I can't relate to the postpregnancy weight gain thing but I have been overweight most of my adult life and have been around this block a time or two. This is a big site with a lot of information. Are you breastfeeding? That may be a big factor you will need to take into account. If so, you will need to make sure you eat enough to make sure you produce enough milk. You may want to spend a little time looking around, checking out some of the different programs people are doing and seeing if something seems to click for you and then try to learn more about it by reading the book. You can find people here doing almost any program you can imagine and a few you probably never imagined, LOL. Good luck to you. The most important thing is to find something that you can stick to forever because that's the only way you will lose it and keep it off.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:52 PM   #4  

Height: 5'11

Welcome Sarah! I can relate to the no support thing. My family is very much overweight except my father (hes got good genes but no where near healthy) and they dont seem to care. You know the commercials for the buttertons?.. well thats my family.. double butter on everything. I also LOVE to cook and I find myself googling "healthy" in front of every recipe I try to find. Good luck and know your not alone. There are alot of us here and we are a tight knit family of our own here to support.

Last edited by PammyFl; 11-04-2009 at 08:53 PM.
PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:18 PM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to 3FC and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:48 AM   #6  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Sarah!
It sounds like you're ready to start - YOU CAN DO THIS - and we'll be there cheering you on!!

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated, inspired and entertained! There's also info and first hand advice on different plans to help you choose what's right for you.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here a short time myself, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of cheating or giving up.

So welcome - you 've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

P.S. Kaitlyn is a real cutie!

Last edited by leeway; 11-05-2009 at 01:07 AM.
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 01:05 AM   #7  
Let's Get It Started

S/C/G: 265/251/140

Height: 5'6

Thanks ladies!! Im on day 5 of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and I think it's a little intense for me...but I guess thats the best way to go. I need to do some more exploring but ive been a lurker for some time now. I need all the encouragment I can get!! This site is now bookmarked at the top of my favorites and having been a part of several online groups with my babies, I know that the best thing is to feel like you have a "family" there. Im lloking forward to meeting and getting to know my new sisters (and brothers)!! Thanks for welcoming me!!
MusickMaker is offline   Reply With Quote