Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-03-2009, 08:15 PM   #1  

Default Finally came up with a holiday strategy

I have been stressing about holiday parties and the whole season coming up, and I finally thought of something that I know will work for me! I have two parties prior to Christmas. Someone on here suggested saving one or two treats to have at the end of the party, or take them to go. Because I am going to be making all of the desserts, I will save one or two of my faves at home to eat after I leave the party, that way I won't be tempted to eat more. AND, I am going to tell my parents that if they see me eating any desserts at the party, I will pay them $50! And trust me I don't just have $50 laying around so I know it will work. This plan actually gives me some peace! I still have to deal with the baking but at least this is a start. What's your plan?
Bry1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:27 PM   #2  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Thanksgiving will be easy, since I can have turkey & any veggies. Lord help me with the pumpkin pie & pumpkin bars, though.. I may have to bring some of my own & try to cut the cals in the recipe.

Thankfully, my parents stopped making all kinds of Christmas candy & cookies and I did NOT carry on the tradition. I don't have any parties to go to, but your plan sounds fantastic!

We usually just have my parents over for a brunch after we have opened gifts on Christmas morning. I normally bake those little sausages with some cheese inside of crescent rolls. Mom brings an egg casserole & we have monkey bread. I haven't thought that far ahead, but obviously I need to come up with something for myself!

I am off to make a post about low cal breakfasty brunch foods - thanks for the reminder that I will need to come up with something!
HotWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:12 PM   #3  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

I really, really, REALLY want to hit 199 by New Year's Day, although I'm not sure that's possible, so my plan is to stay 100% on-plan all through the holidays. 199 is VERY MOTIVATING and I'm committed to hitting it ASAP.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:28 PM   #4  

DCHound I am right there with you!! I am hovering at 220 right now. As of about two weeks ago, that was my goal for New Years but I've had a few disappointing weigh-ins so I'm not sure if I can do it. But, I will AT LEAST be very close and that is thrilling! I have NEVER been under 200...
Bry1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:50 PM   #5  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

I was under 200 for five seconds in 2003. Before that, 1987-late 1988. Before that, I don't know, 5th grade maybe?? So it's a HUGE goal for me. Honestly when I get to 199 I will consider the battle over, war won, and any pounds lost beyond that will just be icing on the cake.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote