Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-03-2009, 06:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/in progress/132?

Height: 5' 7"

Default What do you hope to get out of weight loss?

We all decide to lose weight for different reasons. Usually it is because we want to get something "out" of the lost pounds, like health or cute jeans or to look as good as our sibilings or, gasp, revenge.
What do you hope to get out of losing the weight? And if you've lost it, did what you "get" match what you wanted to get out of losing the pounds?
misskimothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I wanted to reclaim my life. To not feel like I was relegated to the sidelines because I couldn't even walk around. And it has been a resounding success. I got what I wanted and then some!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:10 PM   #3  
I've only just begun! :)

S/C/G: 338/Ticker/180

Height: 5' 10"

I want to be able to keep up with my friends when we walk over the road for lunch. I want to be able to take the stairs sometimes at work. I want to get through a summer without being kept in by how bloody hot I am all the time. I want to be able to wear shorts and not hate my legs....and sleeveless shirts without hating my arms.

Did I forget anything??
Havisham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/158.4/120

Height: 5'2"

My motivation is two-fold - on a superficial level, I want to feel good about myself and stop obsessing about how awful I look. Because I am generally a happy person, but being overweight depresses me. It is really the only thing that does depress me.

On a less superficial level, I want to have a child. I am 42 years old, so I know that being even a little bit overweight can really cut down on my chances of having a healthy pregnancy. I'm not even sure if I can have a child at this age, but I sure want to give myself every advantage.
jillianfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 113

Height: 5'2

Hahah revenge. I really didn't think I was fat at 118lbs. I had a gal pal who used to be chubby in her teens and 20s. And when she lost the weight after a bad relationship, she would tell her new friends that we swapped the roles of skinny and fat girls now. Of course I got married n had a child. After hmm, a year of that, I thot I'd show her. And I did. If course, I did it for all the reasons of health and a bad hip, but I thought I would stir the brew a little
jewelweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:18 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

I want to be an athlete, and the clothes will be pretty sweet too!
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:19 PM   #7  
Fit by Spring Break!

S/C/G: 235/211/150

Height: 5'7"

Default What I hope to get out of weight loss

What I hope to get out of my weight loss:

Fit into clothes without having to try to hide my fat that hangs over the sides of my jeans!

Run a half-marathon without being completely exhausted by the end of it.

Look good for my spring break trip to Disney World.

Feel confident when I graduate college and start to go out on job interviews.

Lose the weight and keep it off so that I can look good for my 10 year high school reunion in 6 years.

Be able to set a good example for those who are close to me

Good topic!
MathGirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:19 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

I have the superficial reasons: look better, have better clothes, etc.

But more than anything, I want to be healthy. I have PCOS and I want children; being at a healthy weight is one of the best things I can do to help that issue. I want to not put so much stress on my damaged and reconstructed ankle. And I'd like to help myself with my breathing issues by weighing less. I'm only 21 years old and already a mess of medical issues...so being healthy and weighing less is one major gift I can give myself.
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:40 PM   #9  
Live. Laugh. Love.

S/C/G: 191.5/126/120

Height: 5'1

Talking

Be healthier, live longer, be able to get pregnant (years away ofc)

Feel beautiful, sexy, confident

Go into any shop and fit into anything I want

Revenge is sweet - strut sexily infront of all the skinny meanies who said stuff behind and infront of my face... one girl said "I have no respect for fat people. I don't have fat friends"..... this was in college lol

Be center of attention @ a party for the RIGHT reasons and no longer "side kick" .. "designated driver"

Make my parents proud

Do something for me - prove I have the will power

Be the beautiful girlfriend for my boyfriend (even though I know he loves me.. I want to believe in my own beauty)

Not live in the sidelines ~ overcome my fear to do new things because of my weight (self conscious about being in public)

some of the things that come to mind
InControl2Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:51 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

A hot bod. I want a hot bod!

I want to go to any store and not be restricted by my size. I want to look at any dress or pair of pants and *know* that it will come in my size.

*THIS* feeling is amazing!

Last edited by Cali Doll; 11-03-2009 at 07:52 PM.
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:01 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 137/137/115

Height: 5'

Health!!! My mom is diabetic. Both my parents have high blood pressure and high cholestrol. I have high blood pressure at times and my cholestrol has been on the high end. I want to avoid health problems as long as I can. I already struggle with chronic migraines, that's plenty for me!
heyaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:05 PM   #12  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

I was tired of sitting on the sidelines and letting life pass me by. I hated not being able to go hiking with my husband because I was too fat. My husband is a very fit, attractive guy...I hated feeling like people thought I was his sister.

But more than that... I wanted to do something that people thought I couldn't do. I have been overweight my entire life, save for probably 5 minutes, and I think eventually my family's expectations of me, well, matched my own expectations in terms of being physically active. But I showed them... I became a runner and never looked back. Shocked all of them!
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:58 PM   #13  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

An extra 20+ years over what my parents had. My father was 46 (1 year older than I am now) my mother was 58
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:05 PM   #14  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Having a healthier, happier life
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:24 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 267/260/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
I wanted to reclaim my life. To not feel like I was relegated to the sidelines because I couldn't even walk around. And it has been a resounding success. I got what I wanted and then some!!
This. And to feel like people define me in other ways than just my weight. Whether or not they really do that is beside the point, I *feel* that I am always being judged by my weight.

And of course to be healthier. To be able to go jogging again without feeling like I'm going to die from overexertion. To walk several flights of stairs without huffing and puffing and turning red. To not feel the belly jiggle when I move. And to fit into my old jeans.
amy180 is offline   Reply With Quote