Weight Loss Support - 300+ and Ready to Try again...#195

2cute2Bfat
07-29-2002, 12:40 PM
WELCOME

We are a group of people working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday..... Weigh ins / Wacky/ Way to go Wednnesday
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

http://www.countryclipart.com/images/applewelcome.gif

2cute2Bfat
07-29-2002, 12:43 PM
No time to visit at this time. My daughter leaves for college again in a few hours... so I just came in to read while she was in the shower. I saw we needed a new thread for the week. Hopefully I will be back later.

P.S. I am still going strong,:strong:

SaraJoy
07-29-2002, 03:15 PM
Howdy Ladies! :wave:

Woo-hoo! I was excited to see so many posts!

First off, I'd just like to say that as time passes, I appreciate you guys more and more! I really think you have made a huge difference in my motivation level. Everyone here is SO supportive and it really helps to have someone to report your progress to. That said, Weigh-in Wednesday is only 2 days away!

Kat... hmmm. I'm not sure why you couldn't access www.curiouscharacter.com. It could have been that our Internet Service Provider was down for a bit; we host the site from home. ANYHOO... it's working now, so give it a try. BTW, you can also see 2 year old pics from our wedding at www.regnsara.com. hee hee... I AM THE REDHEAD... and have been for the last 5 years! :lol:

Duckie... Man! I feel for you! Having neighbors who completely disregard anyone other than themselves REALLY sucks! And to not even be able to tell the police to come over pronto! Grrr... from your description of the group, they sound pretty intimidating, the kind of ppl a woman would feel really uncomfortable approaching in the middle of the night to tell them to SHUT-UP!

Wic... I don't think I got the chance to officially welcome you to our little group! These gals are great and support you through the good and bad! I think I was the last newbie here so I'm speaking from experience! It sounds like your definitely on the right track--resisting fried chicken and cheesecake! :p

Malia... Glad you posted. I was wondering what had happened to you! A centipede attack is an acceptable excuse though! YUCK! Hope everying turns out okay for your trip. When are you set to leave?

Baylee... What happened to you? I was thinking about this. The way this group functions is so strange. I mean, you all have become a big part of my life, but if something happened to someone in our group, we might never know. :shrug:

Hello to everyone else out there! Gotta get started on some housework but I'll check back in a bit!

TTFN
Sara :)

MichelleK
07-29-2002, 08:15 PM
Just checking in! My first day on the job went by so fast! It was pretty interesting! Now tomorrow I have an interview for Jones New York Apparel. This is full time and the money is better and the benefits too. And...when it rains it pours! When we were out friday night I was talking to a friend and her cousin is looking for a medical biller too...and...she said if I come down to apply for the job its mine! Money ain't bad and its suppose to have benefits too! Just in time...I only have about 4 weeks left of unemployment benefits! I really need to work full time to make it worth paying child care but I would prefer to work part time and spend the rest of the time with my little guy!

Oh well...since I was working today I had breakfast and then had lunch when I got home. It kept me outta the fridge and I really didn't need any food till I got home. I did bring a slim fast with me just in case!

Well I gotta get the little dude in the bath and get myself ready for work tomorrow. John is off so Andrew will be staying home with him. Scary! My poor baby! LOL I still need to get his lunch ready so his dad feeds him something healthy! It scares me though since he is climbing on the recliner and up through the stairs and jumping off the coffee table onto the couch and today I caught him on top of the table out back on the patio! Geeeesshh! I am going to have gray hair within the next few months!

OK TTFN Michelle

LuckyLadyBug
07-29-2002, 09:49 PM
Kat. don't even go there about mosquitoes...they call them our state bird. I was mowing for two hours and they ate me up!!!!:mad:

We had a horse die 25 miles from here yesterday from the West Nile type of mosquito.

Minnesota has 54 types of mosquitoes...maybe they got Baylee.:fr:

Needless to say it is 8PM and I haven't eaten yet. I have to get to bed by 9PM because I got up at 5AM...and did yoga....yeah me....:D

Will write more tomorrow.

LuckyLadyBug
07-29-2002, 09:50 PM
Sara I can't open those sites either....boo hoo

CAR
07-30-2002, 12:04 AM
Hi All,

I'm new to the site and looking for a place to fit in, I hope you don't mind me butting in. I've been lurking for a while and I don't feel like I fit in anywhere, but decided it's time to just jump on in and see what happens. You all seem nice enough. I love the WELCOME and the part of being a supportive and sharing group. I hope that I can be as supportive to you all, and I look forward to getting to know you all.

A little about myself, I'm 43 and need to lose 60 pounds. I just joined WW. Tonight was my first meeting and I am so excited to get started. I know it will be a bit of a struggle in the beginning, trying to get this point system down, but overall I think I will do pretty good. I'm hoping anyway. :) I won't go on and on. I will be sure and check in tomorrow morning. Hope everyone has a GREAT evening!:)

SaraJoy
07-30-2002, 12:16 AM
Hey guys!

I think you just couldn't access my sites because a period was attached to the URLs as I was ending sentences both times. I think I've fixed it though.

Try again here.

www.regnsara.com

www.curiouscharacter.com

Let me know if they're still not working! :dizzy:

SaraJoy
07-30-2002, 12:20 AM
Just wanted to let you know that you've joined a great group! :D It's great that you're so excited about losing weight--that's exactly how I feel!

Hope to hear more from you soon,

2cute2Bfat
07-30-2002, 01:55 AM
Car.. I also want to welcome you to our group. Many here are on WW and you will find lots of support and recipes and ideas.

Sara... I got your sites open just fine. Great pics

Lucky... we had one of those mosquitos kill some birds here in Okla. If those MN mosquitos haven't killed Baylee... maybe they picked her up and carried her away. :lol:

Michelle... glad your first day went great. Now to find out about the other job offers. I will keep my finger and toes crossed.

One more day under my belt. :D I need to up my water. I get so busy I forget to drink it sometimes. Eight 8oz glasses is my minimum... a gallon is my goal.

prism
07-30-2002, 04:04 AM
Wish I could say I have one day under my belt. Not quite. It is truly hot. Thankfully, I walk first thing in the morning. At the moment (9pm), I have a headache from the heat. I blew the eating part of my plan. Water and exercise has been excellent. Mikey is back on the trail again. Duckie, good luck with the chow. I bought my mutt 3 mos old and the damage was done. He's still snapping. Yikes. Moody fellow.

Lucky, mosquitoes. We had an outbreak of dengue fever last October from mosquitoes. The State had a big campaign. Cleaned up junk out of yards. It seems no known cases have appeared for the last four months. Scary.

Need to take a shower, take tylenol, and hit the pillow.
Goodnight,
Malia

MichelleK
07-30-2002, 07:12 AM
Car welcome to our humble little group! You will find the support you need here! Great bunch of ladies here!

Well I am off to tackle the morning routine. Gotta get use to this working thing again...its so foreign to me now! LOL

Have a great day! Michelle

LuckyLadyBug
07-30-2002, 09:13 AM
Welcome, Car, you will find great support here.

Good luck getting back into the job routine, Michelle.

Sorry to hear about Mickey's bad habit, Malia. Maybe with age he will quit snapping.

Sara, great pictures. You look very happy and pretty. Thanks for sharing them.

katrinabgood
07-30-2002, 09:46 AM
Sad but true...cookies and milk...What I need to do is get my chubby butt over to the gym and find out once and for all if I have that job...before I bust a cap on someone at my present place of employment...May I whine for a moment? They have me training a new girl for a job that I do not perform. I can teach aspects of the job, but what she will be doing is somewhat different from what I do. Plus they've already decided to "cross-train" this girl to do two completely different jobs, simultaneously. And they wonder why they can't keep help over there. Ah well, it won't be my problem soon. hopefully...

oops...gotta go watch Bruce Springsteen on the Today show...they are filming from Asbury Park (about 25 miles from here) My sister wanted me to drive down there with her this AM to see what we could see. I'm too old, fat and hot to stand in the heat, on the beach hoping to catch a glimpse of Bruce...20 years ago I would have been first on line! more on that later...

welcome new kids on the block!

Back soon!

2cute2Bfat
07-30-2002, 10:28 AM
I woke up early this morning and knew I was suppose to go swimming... but it was just too hard to face people. I know that once I go the first time that it gets easier... but that first time is a killer. I even have a mini goal to work towards. We go on vacation the last week in August and I want to be as mobile as possible for it. Swimming will help make me more mobile. It takes more than just "wishing" to get this body into shape. It takes ACTION

I have to laugh at myself everyday. I have only been cheat free for 18 days now... but you would think it had been 18 weeks. LOL I truly see how "unrealistic" I am about weightloss when it comes to "my" weightloss. LOL I feel like I should have lost "at least" 30 lbs by now. LOL LOL. I am not impatient or anything. LOL

Okay... time to get this big butt in gear and get moving.
My Tuesday Tip for the day.....
TODAY is the best day to stay on your program. Not yesterday, nor tomorrow... TODAY is the day.

SaraJoy
07-30-2002, 05:24 PM
G'day Ladies,

I just finished cleaning out my closet! Why the exclaimation mark? :) Because I completely filled two garbage bags for charity with clothes that were too loose! No sense keeping them around... I'll never need them again! :smug: I even got rid of stuff that was only slightly roomy...again, no sense crowding my closet with them as I'm only going to get smaller and by next month they'll be WAY too big! :)

I'm approaching 40 pounds lost (the official word on that tomorrow/Weigh-in Wednesday) which is about one third of the total weight I want to lose. (In other words, I need to lose another 80!). It feels really good to finally be doing it!

2cute... 18 days is awesome! What do they say... "If you can stick with something for 2 weeks, you can stick with it long term!?" Before you know it, 6 months will have passed and you'll be able to look back on the day you started as one of the best decisions you've ever made! :)

Kat... Fingers crossed for you on the employment front! I know how much it sucks to be working with...uh-hem... unpleasant... cough.. people.

Lucky... Hope all is well! 5 a.m for yoga? There's a 5 A.M.?! :cb:

Michelle... How did your interview go?

Where has everyone else disappeared to? :(

Well, gotta run a few errands before teaching a couple of piano students tonight. See everyone soon!

katrinabgood
07-30-2002, 08:05 PM
Tomorrow at 3:00 is my interview...which according to my friend, is just a formality...Hopefully, tomorrow night at work, I will be tendering my resignation. Which means I only have 2 more weeks to work nights, since we're going on vacation two weeks after that. Geez, I haven't been on a job interview in 27 years! I'm glad the decision is already made. I was literally, visibly shaking when I interviewed then...of course I was only 18 years old and my previous experience consisted of working at Burger King and the dry cleaners....oh yes, and baby sitting.

I'm rambling, can you tell I'm excited?

I have to run...today is our anniversary...19 years. My sister is keeping my son hostage while we go out to dinner. There's a nice place nearby, right on the water...where you can dine on the deck and chill out. Of course I DO have to work tonight, but who cares? If I don't get my butt in the shower before he gets home, I'll be in for it!

See you all later...love you lots!

MichelleK
07-30-2002, 08:37 PM
I'm baaaackk!!

Sara....thanks for asking...my interview went really really well today! The VP asked me if I had any other jobs I was looking at and I said I have a few resumes out there and a couple of other interviews and he said I'll tell you what...take my card and if it comes to where you have to make a decision call me first before you make that decision! SOOOO.....hopefully something will come of this one! THe benefits are phenomenal and its close to home and I was bs'ing this guy to the max and he was laughing at me!! I told him there wasn't anything I couldn't do or couldn't learn to do! I think he liked that! Soooo....keep your fingers crossed for me y'all!!

Kat...HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU!!! Wow..you have worked at this job for 27 years? Yikes! If I get this new job I will be there till I retire!!

2Cute...just jump right in that water and to heck with everyone else! you know what you need to do for yourself and don't let anyone stand in your way. So if they have to look then let them look! Its not like they haven't seen skin before!!

Lucky I am starting to like the PT job...I like getting home by 1:30. Not that I got anything done yesterday...I had to rest after working! LOL This coming from someone who has always worked a full time job AND a part time job!

Ok...I gotta get the boy bathed and in his PJ's and pick up the house. He was home all day with daddy and of course neither one of them picked up the toys or did any laundry or dishes or anything while I was away! Gotta teach the boy to do these things! LOL

TTFN Michelle

Grannie39074
07-30-2002, 10:17 PM
Welcome to our humble little group Car.

How is everyone doing? Work went good today. My 1st official day as the reference librarian is Thurs. wish me luck.

Kat: Happy Anniversary

My eye still hurts and itches. I hope the swelling goes down soon.

Well news is short otherwise food is ok.
catch you all tomorrow

SaraJoy
07-31-2002, 12:04 AM
Hiddy-ho!

Just wanted to pop in before bed. Whew... my hubby and I just finished moving a bunch of old furniture out of our storage room and into our driveway. There's a charity group coming early tomorrow morning to pick it up. I guess that means that, tomorrow, I should finish cleaning that darn storage area once and for all. Shouldn't take more than an hour...

Man, that last paragraph certainly is BORING. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kat... HAPPY BELATED ANNIVERSARY! Hmmm... I hope you're not too tuckered out after "celebrating" last night with your hubby because you have an interview!!! :devil:

Michelle... I'm glad your interview went well! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! :)

Mary... Sore and itchy eyes are the worst! Hope it isn't too visible on your first day in your new position.

I'm excited about my weigh-in tomorrow morning!

TTFN

2cute2Bfat
07-31-2002, 01:21 AM
Michelle... congrats on your job offers. I know it will work out just right for you.
Mary... I have had a sty before myself. Ouch. Are you using that medicine named "Sty"?
Sara... I need to have a charity back up to my garage and haul off two truckloads.
Kat... Happy Anniversary !!!!!
Malia... sorry to hear your little fellow still bites. Did you ask the vet how long it may take before he mellows out some?
Car... haven't heard from you in 24 hours
Lucky... have been getting lucky lately? :lol:
thin... you should be back wednesday... we have missed you

Well.. I am off to bed. Have a wonderful on program day.
I am off to see my parents again. Won't be back for a couple of days.

SusieH
07-31-2002, 04:25 AM
2Cute: Have a safe trip visiting the parents. Go swimming, Girlfriend. Who cares? Just do it. I have given up on caring what others say. I walk the track and hold my head high. I figure that at least I am trying to make myself healthier, so screw the people who say anything to me, or about me.

Sarajoy: Good luck on your weigh-in tomorrow. I cleaned out some of my closet and drawers the other day and also filled several bags. I gave them to my SIL and she was just so happy. I usually give my clothes to Salvation Army, but my SIL is also losing weight and on a tight budget, so they should help her. It also feels so nice to be able to say 'this is too big'.

Grannie: Good luck on your new job. Hopefully things will be just great for you there. Sorry about your eye
:cry: :cry:

Michelle: My experience is that a positive attitude during your interview goes a long way. I was told that that is one of the main reasons why I got my current position. I try to always be positive about things at work, even if there are problems, and usually that helps me to get through it. Good luck. :)

Kat: Happy belated anniversary. My anniversary is on the 10th of August, which is exactly 4 days after my birthday and 4 days before DH's birthday. It makes it easy to remember... We will be married for 6 years. Boy is time flying by.... Good luck to you too on the job search..

Boy there sure are a lot of people changing or looking to change there jobs around here?

Hopefully, I haven't missed anyone. But hello, just in case.

Anyways, today was very busy at work and I didn't get to eat my lunch until dinner. I walked 1 mile despite the almost 90 degree weather here. I actually banked 13 points for the day, so I am happy about that too. I am hoping for another loss this week at WW, but I have learned that nothing is guaranteed, so we will see....Plus I still have 4 days to go before I weigh in, so that is plenty of time for things (good and bad) to happen. I woke up just before 1 am and can't go back to sleep, so I got up and rode my bike for 30 minutes and then had a diet snapple. I was so proud of myself that I didn't start eating. It is now almost 3:30am and I may try to go to sleep for an hour and a half before I have to get ready for work. We will see.....

Anyhow, have a great Wednesday.

SaraJoy
07-31-2002, 12:10 PM
Hey Ladies,

This morning I woke up to the sound of thunder. Sure enough, the charity ppl hadn't come to pick up all the funiture that was sitting out in open. I threw on some clothes and had just enough time to drag in an old TV, vaccuum and armchair and then it started pouring. There's still a couple of items out there that were too big for me to attempt alone but may be able to survive the storm. Geesh... As terrible as it sounds, I'm tempted to call a service that hauls things away to the dump if the charity doesn't come later today. I mean, it was a HUGE process to get everything out there in the first place... we CANNOT put it back in storage... especially wet. *sigh*

ANYWAYS... after all that, I was in a terrible mood. Then it occured to me -- IT'S WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY!!! Well... my progress had really slowed down in the last couple of weeks so I'm happy to report a 5 pound loss this week for a grand total of 40 pounds lost! :smug: :D :smug:

Kat... Good luck today. I know it'd be SO sweet to tender your resignation tonight!

Susie... It sounds like you're doing fabulous on your diet! With all your determination, it sounds like your definitely going to reach your goal! Won't that day be SWEEEET! :)

2Cute... Have a good time at your parent's. See you in a couple of days. You'll be missed!!! ;)

Hi to everyone else out there, regulars and lurkers alike! Hey, I myself was a lurker a couple of months ago and now I won't shut-up! :lol:

TTFN

QueenB
07-31-2002, 01:27 PM
That is certainly what will happen to it, if it does to me again what it did to me yesterday. <<< I hope that sentence made sense. I had a terrible time with this site yesterday.......everytime I tried to get on, I would get timed out or it would just freeze on me. I finally got to the page to reply and typed for a good hour telling all about my trip to Florida & then when I tried to include a picture, I got the blue screen of death that said that my computer had become unstable and I would need to shut it down completely............so I lost my whole post!! I was soooo mad :mad: I just shut the stupid thing off and didn't even get back on it until today. I really hate it when you work on a great post (I think it possibly could have been nominated for an emmy or at least get one of those trophy things with the popcorn in it that MTV gives out) and then WHAM! *poof* It's gone. But I digress.......and must go on.

The trip to Florida was wonderful with one exception: the trip down there. Picture it: Siccily-----1842 Woops!! Sorry--that's from the Golden Girls<< I am watching too much lifetime television! :lol: Ok, this is for real. Picture it: 1:30am in the morning-Thursday, July 25th. All the family meet in the Bi-Lo parking lot. Here is the "convoy". Fil, mil & dh's grandmother and aunt are in the front. "We" --- me, dh & boys are in the middle, followed closely behind by the sil, bil and neice. So, my fil has this wonderful idea that we should all carry motorola hand held radios so we can "communicate" during the trip. Well, at first this doesn't seem like a bad idea. If "communicate" means----tell us when you need to stop for gas, bathroom breaks, etc. Apparently my idea of "communicate" and their idea of "communicate" are very different. Because what this actually means is <<let's tell every boring story we can think of about childhood, ghost stories, blond jokes, keying down on the radio when a song comes on the radio about farts and the ever annoying "Is the drip asleep yet?">> "Drip" is my fil's adoring nickname for me. :rolleyes: At several points during the trip down there, I started to.........A) "Accidently" drop the radio out of the window. B) Leave the radio in the bathroom at one of the many rest areas we stopped at. C.) Pluck out my eyeballs with a spoon and throw them in the back window. or D) Just deal with it and demand that we leave at a later time than everyone else when we come back, because I just can't take a "radio" trip back. "D" won out----we left about 3 hours after the convoy did.

So, we finally get there and no one has died------so I consider this a good thing. So we go to check in, and they don't have three rooms side by side. Bummer. :( YEAH RIGHT! :s: My dh--God love him, volunteers to take the room at the other end of the hall. So everyone else has adjoining rooms at one end & we are at the other. Thank you......thank you......thank you Lord.
I did go to the pool a couple of times. I felt alot more confident since I have actually lost a little weight and it also made me feel better that there were at least three women at the pool bigger than me. (Always makes you feel better, doesn't it?)
The view from our room was spectacular.........we were oceanside and it was glorious to wake up every morning to that beautiful sunrise just resting right above the ocean. I have lots and lots of pictures to share with you guys..........I wish I could include them all on this post.

One day we were down there, we went to Daytona USA. I'm sure all of you know, but for those of you that don't, I am a HUGE racing fan, so we had to go there. This is the track that the legend Dale Earnhardt died at.........so that in itself made the visit special. We took a tour around the track, which was great. Then we came back inside & viewed a movie that gives you an idea of what it's like to race the Daytona 500 in stereo sound (it was awesome) and I think me and dh both shed a couple of tears during it. Then we rode the simulator.........which was AWESOME! But the best part of the whole day for me, were things that most people never even think about. #1. I slid right through the turnstyle. I did not get stuck or have to turn sideways. :smug: #2. I fit comfortably in the individual seat on the tram and the seatbelt fit with no trouble and #3. I fit comfortably in the individual seat on the simulator and had no trouble when the lap bar came down. I'm not so sure I could have said that 60 lbs ago, so that was a victory in itself.

My mil did keep the boys for us one night while we were down there so me and dh could have some "alone time". Now, before your minds go to the gutter........remember, I was on my period, so no silly string was involved. :( We just went out to dinner and walked on the beach at sunset. It was wonderful and perfectly romantic until dh, in all his manly glory said, "Everytime we go on vacation, you on are your period. I never get any when we go out of town." No, no girls. You can't have him. He's all mine. What a keeper!! :lol:

Food was good...................REAL GOOD! :s: I did not stay OP the whole time I was down there. It is very seldom I take a vacation, so I did splurge a bit, but I did make better choices than I normally would have, and I did drink a lot of water and walked a lot on the beach, so all in all, I would consider it a success.

Well, I hate to write a book and run.........but this computer is starting to act whacky again and if I lose this post, I may just have to run amuck and kill something............probably it! I will try to stop back in here later tonight if I can. Welcome to all the newbies.......this is a great place. Vacation is wonderful, but it sure is nice to be home. :)

QueenB
07-31-2002, 01:29 PM
Here is a picture of us at Daytona Usa.......... (only Trey went with us--Brian isn't "into" racing) :lol:

SaraJoy
07-31-2002, 05:06 PM
I just am taking a second to say welcome back to Tina! :cb:

Oh boooy... Do I feel for you! Travelling with in-laws can be VERY trying. My hubby didn't understand when I showed NO enthusiasm at the prospect of staying for free in the same small suite as like 7 of his family members in the Bahamaas. Whew... I'm glad those trip plans fizzled out!

See everyone soon!

katrinabgood
07-31-2002, 07:53 PM
Hey, welcome home Tina! Love the picture! Your son is adorable! How old? I'm glad you survived the in-laws...that's a tough trip...I hate those radios! Like you said, used for ESSENTIAL info, they're fine...but not constant chatter...mine would have been "oopsed" out the window!

The job is mine...I just have to wait til the manager checks with Human Resources about salary and sick time, etc...hopefully all will stay the same and just carry over to this new position. So I still can't say anything thing til that's done. I really wanted to go in tonight and say, "Adios, amigos!" Patience, patience...this is going to be so great. The manager told me about their philosophy of keeping their employees happy by being flexible and understanding...happy employees are productive employees, after all, right? I told her that's a novel approach, might take me some getting used to! She was great...I know I'm going to love it! Should start in Sept...

I want to stay and ramble on, but it's my sister's birthday, gotta run over there...I came home to tidy up before dh gets home...aren't I nice?

Will check in later...

love ya!

SaraJoy
07-31-2002, 10:14 PM
Hi Ladies!

Just got back from playing tennis with my hubby and saw your post Kat. That's AWESOME news... I hope all the nitty-gritty details get worked out soon so you can tell everyone at your old work to bugger off! :lol:

TTFN

Grannie39074
07-31-2002, 10:19 PM
Way to go Tina welcome home
Congrats Kaat on getting the job.
to all the rest Hello
things are going good at my new job and my eye is better. Better go its getting stormy

LuckyLadyBug
07-31-2002, 11:12 PM
Yippee Kat I am so happy for you. I think I may be the only one that hasn't moved on to a better, happier job....come on everyone "concentrate".

It is terribly humid here again but is suppose to be in the 50's by the weekend....brrrrrr

I have been strapped for time this week. Tomorrow I pick up a different car...1999 Saturn. YEAH!!!!

Glad you are all doing so well.

I will catch up, I will catch up....

katrinabgood
08-01-2002, 09:40 AM
I love when things fall into place nicely...last night, I worked with a girl who usually covers my days off...she was kind of bummed because her husband just got laid off. She was asking me if I was going to be taking any time off soon, she wanted to pick up some extra days...she was also very concerned about their medical insurance since he covered them. I took her in confidence and told her that very soon, she could have ALL the time that she wanted! I could see the relief on her face and felt happy for her. They have two small children, so this will be a big help for them. It also makes me happy to know that I'm not leaving the night shift high and dry with no secretary. (Nobody clamoring for that job!) So there! All is right with the world!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{SENDING ~NEW JOB~ VIBES TO YOU, LUCKY!}}}}}}}}}}}}}} BTW, nice wheels! Good luck! :cp:

Sara... 5#?? Aw come on...help me! Come be my coach. :idea:

Susie...you too. You are doing so well. Can you guys send me some diet vibes? Happy birthday/anniversary to you and hubby! :hb:

2cute...you too...you are on a serious roll...your joy and exuberance are delightful. Keep it up, girl! :dance:

Mary, how's the eye? I have used that "Sty" medication also, it works very well. :strong:

Michelle...when it rains, it pours, huh? Have you decided which job yet? Tough to be in demand, isn't it? ;)

Tina...be it ever so humble...there's no place like home...right, Auntie Em? Can't wait to see more pics!

Malia...my favorite SpongeBob was on yesterday..."Sailor Mouth!" I need those sound effects to curb my own sailor mouth!

Duckie...how are the neighbors? I'd call the police every time, even if it takes them a while to get there...maybe you need to sign a complaint. Can your BF have a chat with them? With a baseball bat? :devil:

Car and Wic...I don't know if I officially welcomed you guys to our humble happy home...please join in the fun...the more the merrier! :wave:

Thin...hello out there?! How was the weekend...it's over by the way...give us the scoop.

BAYLEE... Where are you, kiddo? I'm getting worried...:stress:

Well, I must depart...we're closing on our new mortgage today...must be there at 10:30...1 1/2 hr ride from here...no sleep for me...oh...maybe a few winkies in the car...:yawn:

have a great day, gang...

katrinabgood
08-01-2002, 03:40 PM
ANYBODY OUT THERE???? HELLOOOOO???

Grannie39074
08-01-2002, 09:45 PM
I'm here for a few minutes.

SaraJoy
08-01-2002, 11:09 PM
G'evening Ladies,

Hmph. There hasn't been too many posts here today! Where's everybody at, hmmm?

I ate very well today despite the fact that I went out for dinner. My husband had a very late day at work so he was STARVING when I picked him. He had a hankering for Chinese food so, to comprimise, we went out to a mall's food court. Not a particularily relaxing and classy atmosphere but it served our purposes. He had a big greasy plate of chinese food and I had a sub!

I'm such a nut. Last night I had a dream that I was eating 2 huge pieces of different kinds of pie. Somehow, in my dream, I justified eating them but still had a twinge of guilt. That's the second time recently that I've had such a dream. While I used to dream of handsome men, developing the ability to fly, etc, now I dream of foods that I'm steering clear of in real life! :lol:

Kat... It's really great how your current co-worker will benefit from your change in employment. It must have felt awesome to confide your secret in her! She must be SO relieved! Having the main breadwinner in a family get laid-off can be really devastating to the family. Do you know when you're going to get the final word about the new job?

Btw, Kat, here's some coaching for you! My favorite diet saying that I've already quoted a thousand times. "A year from now, you'll wish you'd started TODAY!" I dunno what it was, the realization that I was now MORBIDLY OBESE, that I would have HUGE COMPLICATIONS if I became pregnant, or that I was feeling UNATTRACTIVE that did it, but something just snapped in my mind. May 29/02 was the day, in the middle of the afternoon, that I decided I needed to do whatever it took to get this... SICKNESS... under control. I am not, btw, morbidly obese any more! Nothing's gonna stop me until I reach my goal of 150!

ANYHOO... Lucky, here's some {{{{{positive new employment vibes}}}}}}! I, btw, have not gotten myself a fancy new job, but my hubby did so I guess that's good enough!

Truthfully, I could do with a few more piano students. Anyone wanna learn? :lol: Actually, I'm hoping to apply to a Master's Program this fall (for the fall of 2003). Two more years of school and I could be a Couple and Family Therapist!

I should get outta here before this post becomes too long and nobody finishes reading it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

TTFN

thinthinker
08-02-2002, 12:30 AM
STOP!! DO NOT PASS GO, DO NOT COLLECT $200!!!

In other words: DO NOT POST HERE! :D

Go to "300+ And Ready To Try Again....#196"

See ya there!