Old 11-02-2009, 08:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/231/160

Height: 5'6

Talking Thanksgiving month MFers

Hey guys,

Today is my Day 1 back on the program. I stopped the program after 1 month as I found myself pregnant in January 2008. Well, my son is now one year old and we are almost done breastfeeding so I decided to start again

Back in 2008 this board was very active so I hope we can re-build that.

I will post everyday how I am doing, please share how your day went and let's keep each other accountable

I want to lose between 50 and 60 pounds so I will be here for a while
Floprieto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 167/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

I think this is a great idea!

Today was my day one and I need to get myself to bed... because I'm feeling the late night munchies wanting to creep in and I know it is because I'm bored. I'm not hungry.

I will definitely read up on recipes for the pudding... I don't plan on eating it as is again.

I'm going to try the chicken noodle soup tomorrow. I've read that letting the soup soak makes it taste/feel better. Can I over do the soaking process? Let's say, I make it at 8am and then eat it at noon... is that too long of a wait?

I haven't felt lethargic or tired today - but have been gassy with tummy rumbles (although not hungry) and a slight headache this evening. I need to up my water - I think I only got 6 full glasses (10oz each) and know I do better with closer to 80oz a day.

Big question: where can I find recipes for making bread out of the soap mixes. I see the link above and found the tomato recipe... but nothing else.

~Misty
autumnlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnlily View Post
I will definitely read up on recipes for the pudding... I don't plan on eating it as is again.

Big question: where can I find recipes for making bread out of the soap mixes. I see the link above and found the tomato recipe... but nothing else.
~Misty
The best thing I did with the pudding is make shakes with it. Make it with a blender using ice and 1 oz. ff cream cheese.

Here is a bread recipe. I didn't do good with the recipes, but it will give you an idea as to what you can do:

Medifast Savory Bread/Crackers

1 pkg scrambled eggs (optional)
1 pkg of cream soup, chicken, broccoli or tomato
1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. onion powder
1/4 t. garlic powder
1 T. ground flax meal
5 T. water
(when using tomato soup, can add 1/2 t. basil, optional)

Preheat over to 375 and spray Pam a baking sheet.

Mix all ingredients together and divide into two rounds on the baking sheet. Use damp fingers to even out the tops. Bake for 5 minutes. Turn oven to low broil and brown the top. Watch VERY CAREFULLY to make sure it doesn't burn, 5 minutes or so. Cool on wire rack. You can split them in half with a serrated edge knife and spread with one triangle of Low Fat Laughing Cow Cheese or you could use other things on them. You could use them as a bun for left over lean as well.

Yields: 2 Medifast meals

Last edited by babes315; 11-03-2009 at 02:53 AM.
babes315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:26 AM   #4  

I will have to try making the pudding that way... sounds better! Thanks for the bread tip too!

My unofficial weigh-in today has me 3 lbs lighter! from 160.0 to 157.0 - I know that day to day shifts a bit and am not logging this weigh-in down because I want to wait 1 whole week... it is just fun to see!

I'm off to make the oatmeal raisin cookies from the package directions...

The oatmeal raisin cookies were fair - I will make them again and I plan on making them for DH tomorrow. I liked them with my coffee.

Last edited by autumnlily; 11-03-2009 at 11:50 AM.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Hey everyone! So, day four, and down two pounds still. I was actually up one yesterday, and then back down today. I think I am going to have to stop with the daily weighing! I find myself with too high of expectations...
On a good note, my shakes are getting easier to stomach. I drank one this morning in like 5 minutes. It was taking me like 30 mins on day one! The taste is not so bad now!
jaimie1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 11:33 AM   #6  

I have to stop the daily weigh-ins too... I think it might be a better surprise if I wait until Monday. And, I hate the up and down #'s on the scale.

I need to try the shakes... I haven't made one yet.

I made Hot Cocoa last night with my hand blender and it was good... I read somewhere where someone added a bit of unsweetend chocolate to boost the flavor - I think I will try that next.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:13 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 252/195/185

Height: 5' 11"

Weekly weigh-ins are a great idea! Weighing daily gets quite frustrating.
The pudding is great with a dozen ice cubes and about 5 ounces of water.
I also like adding a little mint oil or some powdered peanut butter (go to netrition.com) it's great! I also add sugar free chocolate syrup DaVinci or Torani (from Walmart).

Keep looking up!

Joe
alienjoe211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:58 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

The syrups are a great idea! Thanks for the tip!

So, after promising that I would not weigh myself, I did it anyways, and I am still at 205. I wish it were faster. After reading the success stories on the MF website, I had really high hopes.

I am feeling better about the schedule of things now, so that helps. Does anyone else worry that not getting enough calories in a day will actually put you into starvation mode? I am starting to wonder...???

Also, I bought some ketosis strips at the pharmacy, and I checked to see if I am in ketosis (you pee on them, tmi, sorry) and it did not register even a trace of ketones. I am waiting a few more days to see if it kicks in. Maybe they won't work since I am not restricting carbs to a super low level (under 20g/day). Any one else use them with any luck?
jaimie1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 08:47 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 252/195/185

Height: 5' 11"

Good news! You're going into a very minor state of ketosis because you're getting from 85 up to 100 carbs per day. It's not as limited in carbs as other programs out there.

Remember, women only lose 1 to 2 pounds per week. It takes a while to put it on and take them off too.

Check here for more info...

http://www.medifast1.com/faq/index.asp

Keep Looking Up!

Joe
alienjoe211 is offline   Reply With Quote