Food Talk And Fabulous Finds - Leftover chicken ideas please!

View Full Version : Leftover chicken ideas please!

Boomcha
11-02-2009, 01:18 PM
Leftover grilled chicken breasts are in my fridge and I'm feeling less than creative today. Do any of you have any fave ways to whip up a quick fix supper with cooked chicken?

Thank you!! :chef:

stargzr
11-02-2009, 01:33 PM
If you have the fixin's of course, chicken tacos are always good! Or I love to make chicken enchiladas - if you're looking for a quicker recipe, you can always do chicken enchilada caserole... Just put it all together and toss it in the oven. If all else fails, chicken stir fry works with instant rice and some veggies. :)
Hope one of those strikes your fancy.

MindiV
11-02-2009, 01:36 PM
Only thing that came to my mind was a chicken pot pie, but that's not quick. Maybe a chicken spaghetti, some chicken tacos or fajitas?

marbear24
11-02-2009, 01:37 PM
I make my husband either chicken salad, cut the chicken up and put it on a salad, cut it up and throw it in stir fry, etc... Quesadillas are popular in my house too.

yayalyn
11-02-2009, 02:11 PM
how about a chicken king pasta instead of the casserole with chips or tortillas. just shred the chicken & set aside cut ups some onion and bell pepper and sautee until soft then add a can of rotel tomatoes, a can 98% fat free cream of mushroom and one of cream of chicken, add a tsp. of garlic powder, chili powder and cumin and than add the chicken and that's your sauce for your whole-wheat pasta. You can add cheese if you want & pop it in the oven, but i don"t think any of us want to add more fat to our dinner. Hope u like it!!

Boomcha
11-02-2009, 03:09 PM
guys, my mouth is watering...y'all ROCK!!! I'll let you know how I make out. :D