Simply Filling/Core - Weekly Chat Nov. 2-Nov. 8

View Full Version : Weekly Chat Nov. 2-Nov. 8

Tejas
11-02-2009, 09:31 AM
New pages for the Core Chickies!...

blessedwithsarah
11-02-2009, 10:29 AM
Hi everyone. Can I come home?????

I made a decision a few weeks ago (when I disappeared) to quite WW. I had been following core for so long and the weight was not coming off, I was gaining instead. So after a lot of thinking (what should I change, should I go back to meetings ect......) I decided I needed a change. I started following South Beach instead. Once you get past the first 2 weeks, its sort of a scaled back version of core -- but NO points to have other stuff. The other stuff is where I've been failing. Too many things I can add back in for my WPA and then I'd get slopping in tracking and things would just go down hill.

I have been over at the SBD boards here -- some great info on the program, but the chat threads are tough to break into. I missed you all!!! Since Vickie is still doing JC, I'm coming back :) Of course unless you'd rather I didn't.

I must say I feel very much in control (which as you recall, has been a constant struggle). I'm doing well on low/no carbs right now. The scale is going down and the jumping around has stopped.

Maryann, I was reading the past weeks posts. I'm sorry to hear about Leo's health. I hope things are improving today.

Hi to Rhonda, Sandra, Coco, Vicki and everyone else!!!

Vickie
11-02-2009, 01:52 PM
FINALLY! I'll be back later when I can properly catch up. Errands.

Tejas
11-02-2009, 01:53 PM
Hey Girl, of course you can come home. We missed you!!!!

I tried SBD also for a while. I can't really get past no fruit for two weeks. I don't get it except for the sugar part, and really fruit is good for you.

How's everybody doing?

I've got to stop NOW with the Halloween candy. I was doing fine until I came to the office and everyone brought their leftovers in. OK, I've got my glass of water now...no more chocolate.

I hope your days are going well.

Rhonda

blessedwithsarah
11-02-2009, 02:43 PM
Rhonda, I thought it would be hard not having fruit. But I must say -- getting all carbs and sugars (including fruit) out of my system for 2 weeks wasn't too bad. The surprise to me was I had NO cravings! I am now adding back some fruit as I'm past the first 2 weeks.

Thanks for the welcome back :)

Vickie
11-02-2009, 04:24 PM
Hey Paula!!!!!! Of course you should stay GF! I liked SBD a lot, it was just a bit frou frou for me. I'm a rustic kind of eater. I'm really missing my Core food. I might be back to it sooner than we all think. I'm going to have to weigh and measure though.

Rhonda, back away from the chocolate. It is NOT your friend. Isn't that what Frouf would have said?

Sandra, I am SO proud of you. You and Curtis have found something to enjoy together that is good exercise and makes you happy. Congratulations!

I got my new 40 pound chick and I must work hard this week to keep it. I've got some off program eating coming up so I must make this next week a good one so that I have some cushion. I'm NOT giving up my 40 pound chick.

beach bum
11-02-2009, 05:18 PM
Hi LadiesSmiler

Just wanted to let you know Leo passed on this morning,just before 11:30.He had a peaceful dead.

Went into the ER on Friday morning complaining that he couldn't breath I put up the oxygen to 4 but it didn't work so I called 911 and he was admitted.Watched the Yankee games and was coherent,and jubilant that the Yankees won. Than at 4 AM the doctor called and said that he was going down hill.The put him on Morphine and a very forceful oxygen mask his mouth started to get blisters and this morning the doctors showed was his ct and the cancer was all over his right lung.So we decided to take off the mask,and with in minutes he was dead.

Funeral is on Wed and the burial will be a week later as he wanted to be cremated.

Thanks for all the prayers and good thought about my Leo & me.

Love Maryann

beach bum
11-02-2009, 05:19 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Just wanted to let you know Leo passed on this morning,just before 11:30.He had a peaceful dead.

Went into the ER on Friday morning complaining that he couldn't breath I put up the oxygen to 4 but it didn't work so I called 911 and he was admitted.Watched the Yankee games and was coherent,and jubilant that the Yankees won. Than at 4 AM the doctor called and said that he was going down hill.The put him on Morphine and a very forceful oxygen mask his mouth started to get blisters and this morning the doctors showed was his ct and the cancer was all over his right lung.So we decided to take off the mask,and with in minutes he was dead.

Funeral is on Wed and the burial will be a week later as he wanted to be cremated.

Thanks for all the prayers and good thought about my Leo & me.

Love Maryann

Vickie
11-02-2009, 06:06 PM
Mary Ann, I'm shocked and so, SO sorry for your loss. I will pray for Leo and for you. I'm glad he got to see the Yankees win. I'm not a Yankee fan, but this year I hope they go all the way and that somehow Leo will know from heaven.

I just wish there was something I could do to make this easier for you. I'm thankful that he had no pain and is now at peace.

Tejas
11-02-2009, 07:04 PM
:hug:

Maryann, may you have peace in your heart that Leo is out of pain and suffers no more fear.

You'll have difficult days ahead but I hope you find solace, and we will be here for you...always.

Love,
Rhonda

ontarget
11-02-2009, 07:07 PM
Maryann, my heart goes out to you. May God give you strength and courage. Let your family and friends give you support. We are all here for you. Please let us help you if you need us.

ontarget
11-02-2009, 07:07 PM
Paula, we've all been missing you and are glad you're back. You're family.

nancy237
11-02-2009, 07:24 PM
maryann..

I am so sorry...

I wish we all lived close and could rush over in person!!

Maybe someday we should have a "3 fat chicks get together"

Do you have supportive friends/family near by??

I will be praying for peace and strength for you..

Nancy

:grouphug:

ontarget
11-02-2009, 10:21 PM
Maryann, I've been thinking of you all night. I wish we could all be with you, too.

blessedwithsarah
11-03-2009, 08:12 AM
Oh Maryann, I'm so sorry to hear of Leo's passing. Lean on those around you for support in these coming weeks. Know he is at peace and no longer suffering. HUGS to you.

Tejas
11-03-2009, 09:49 PM
It's been quiet here today. It's a little difficult to write about food and exercise knowing that our Maryann is hurting, isn't it. We're all thinking of you, Maryann.

I went to exercise in the park this morning and will go to spinning tomorrow early. My eating was more modest today: no Halloween candy at all! I think I'm past it.

I also had a wonderful facial, which always make me feel like a new woman.

Nitey nite, Rhonda

ontarget
11-03-2009, 10:21 PM
Rhonda, you're right. I came here earlier and just couldn't write.

Maryann, we are thinking of you.

I did better eatingwise today and did 10 min :ebike:. I know I need to do more if I'm going to lose. I maintained again this week.

Vickie
11-04-2009, 12:16 AM
Rhonda and Sandra, I felt the same way. None of my whining and difficulties losing weight seem significant in light of what Mary Ann has suffered.

I exercised today but in general felt very edgy and upset.

Mary Ann, I'm sending strength. I hope you can feel it.

nancy237
11-04-2009, 12:29 AM
maryann..
thinking of you today...
sending you hugs and prayers..:hug:

Vickie
11-04-2009, 11:24 AM
Mary Ann, I'm trying to send strong supportive thoughts for you today. Take good care of yourself.

How are the rest of you? I'm off to exercise again.

blessedwithsarah
11-04-2009, 12:22 PM
Hi everyone. Just wanted to share my new favorite snack to have at night -- its SBD, but can easily be changed to Core. I mix ff/plain yogurt (4 big spoonfuls) with some low fat ricotta cheese (2 big spoonfuls), sweeten with splenda and coco powder. Something about the cheese and coco is just wonderful! If you use ff ricotta its core! Very filling as well.

Vickie - -congrats on your 40 pound chickie!! You should be very proud. How is Jim doing?

Maryann - continuing to keep you in my thoughts today.

Take care everyone.

Vickie
11-04-2009, 01:03 PM
He's at 66 pounds down Paula and looking pretty darned hot!

Tejas
11-04-2009, 03:37 PM
Hi...I was trying to think of that dessert Paula..I really like it. Very tasty.

Jim is down over 60 pounds?! Wow! Congratulations to him.

I am officially now 15 pounds lighter than I was in May. That feels very good. I'm going to try to lose 8 more by Christmas.

Now, I've got to go to a fancy reception. I'll avoid the wine and look for protein appetizers!

:hug: Maryann

Rhonda

Vickie
11-04-2009, 04:40 PM
Congratulations Rhonda! That's at LEAST a size. You must feel SO proud of yourself.

ontarget
11-04-2009, 04:52 PM
Congratulations to Rhonda and Jim. And you, too, Vickie. I'm hoping to join ya'll with a good loss. I'm going to do some :ebike: in a few minutes. That should help.

Paula, your dessert sounds tasty.

Maryann, I hope you're receiving all our support and love. We're all sending you lots of both.

blessedwithsarah
11-04-2009, 04:54 PM
Rhonda, congrats on the 15 pounds!! Thats a great acheivment.

Congrats to Jim as well -- wow, that impressive. Just as impressive as your 40 Vickie!! Seeing in the same time I've had a net gain :( Way too much bouncing around. At least I think I've found a plan thats leveled that off -- now to start losing.

Vickie
11-04-2009, 05:10 PM
BTW, Paula, I eat SBD high protein cereal bars sometimes as my dessert at night with a glass of skim milk instead of the JC desserts. They are pretty good. I don't like the chocolate ones but I love the cinnamon raisin and the peanut butter are pretty good too. I liked the cranberry almond but now they are too sweet for me. I know.....how weird is that.

You'll start losing again. I know you.

ontarget
11-04-2009, 05:36 PM
Paula, I've been bouncing around, too. I hope SBD works for you. I'm hanging in there with WW but have weighed about the same for a month now. I'm hoping the scales start to drop soon. I'm trying more WW TV dinners. I don't know if that will help or not. It has in the past.

sloanie
11-04-2009, 06:26 PM
Maryann, I've been away for a couple of days and have just read your post about Leo's passing! I am so very sorry! I have been praying daily for you both. I know it's gonna be tough, and I hope you can stay focused on all of the wonderful time you spent together. Just know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Tejas
11-04-2009, 09:31 PM
I probably put 5 pounds back on tonight at the reception I went to :lol:

Anyway, yes, it's a size, and that's why I've been getting rid of clothes. I feel very good about it. It took 3 months of spinning for anything to budge, but now in the last two months, it has been.

Night all,
Rhonda

:hug: to Maryann

ontarget
11-04-2009, 10:22 PM
Rhonda, I'll bet you're getting some cute clothes. Makes me smile.

sloanie
11-05-2009, 08:11 AM
Mornin' chicks, I'm off to a curriculum conference this morning. It's nice to get together with other teachers and "talk shop". So far, I've walked two mornings this week and plan to walk tomorrow morning. My eating has been way more controlled but still could be better. I'm really trying to make better choices.

I have a prayer request for you all. My DD is still working through the mess with the ex BF. The regular order of protection is really causing her problems with class and general moving around campus. It has made her so uncomfortable that she is considering dropping it altogether. She assures us that she is not having second thoughts about him. She is just uncomfortable with all of the restrictions. I plan on talking to her today about asking the judge for a "social contact" order of protection which allows them to be around eachother at school and for chorale events but still restrains him from any agressive behavior toward her. I feel like this is a good compromise, but I'm not sure she will go for it. Her dad and I both feel like dropping the order sends the wrong message. Please pray for her to be open to the "social contact" order. The hearing is on Nov. 10, so she needs to make a decision very soon. I love you guys and know that you have powerful prayers!

I'll check in with y'all after my conference this afternoon. Have a great day, chicks!

Vickie
11-05-2009, 10:05 AM
Sheesh, Rhonda. You should keep us better posted...or maybe it snuck up on me. I report every .2 I lose! Anyway, I've very encouraged and proud of you. Exercise is key even though I hate to admit it. I'm walking in spite of the hammy soreness. I just try to warm up good.

I'm off the treadmill for the day. We have lots of things to do today so I couldn't procrastinate. I just had to get it done.

Hope you all have a beautiful and easy on program day.

Mary Ann....I don't know how to make it easier for you but I wish I could.

CheyLara
11-05-2009, 10:14 AM
Happy Thursday Morning Ladies!

I introduced myself in a seperate thread yesterday because I wasn't sure how y'all do it... but my name is Lara and I'm attempting to get back on the wagon again instead of being drug behind! I'm a former Corbie who got 5lbs from goal and allowed my emotions to take over and derail all of my efforts. I'd love to jump right in if y'all are up for a newbie!

~Lara

CheyLara
11-05-2009, 10:25 AM
Do you ladies ever post your menus? It's always helped me int he past to keep me on track as well as to get ideas from others as to what they're eating!

Vickie
11-05-2009, 10:51 AM
Sloan, the compromise sounds like it makes a lot of sense. She's been very mature through this whole thing so I bet it will make sense to her too. I'll pray it all works out.

Vickie
11-05-2009, 10:54 AM
Hi Lara! I'm glad you came over to our chat thread. Just jump in and jump ON the wagon. We are great at hauling Chickies onto the wagon.

We used to post our menus every day but kind of got away from it. I bet the Chicks would be willing. I'm not pure Core at the moment but much of my day is.

Hope you enjoy it here.

ontarget
11-05-2009, 07:27 PM
:welcome: Lara. Posting daily food journals sounds good to me.

I'm not true Core right now. Would it bother anyone if I posted what I'm eating anyway? I'm mainly eating WW TV dinners and fruit and salads whenever possible. I am down 9 pounds from August. I just started the TV dinner routine yesterday. I'm going to give it a week to see what happens. I am needing to shake things up. Does this make sense?

ontarget
11-05-2009, 07:43 PM
Just a comment on my "new" avatar. It was taken in 2006--30 lbs lighter. I'm hoping looking at it will inspire me. Not only was I lighter, but I was more active. This photo was taken atop a high pinnacle. The "bushes" down below me are really the tops of tall pine trees.

Vickie
11-05-2009, 07:55 PM
Love the picture AND the sentiment. You will reach that pinnacle again my friend.

sloanie
11-05-2009, 08:09 PM
Hey chicks. I have not had "the talk" with DD, so I'll have to let you know later how that goes. I've had two days of "off core" lunches, but otherwise I'm eating core. Tonight I'm having sticky chicken, corn, green beans, and cooked apples with sugarfree syrup and cinnamon. I'm getting hungry, so I can't wait until it's done.

Maryann, I'm sending you lots of love and hugs. Don't forget we are here for you.

Sandra, I love the avatar. It is more inspiring to me to look at photos of myself at goal than photos where I'm too heavy. The photo is very inspiring! You will reach the top again! I don't think anyone will mind if we each post what we are eating even if it's not core.

Vickie, thanks for the prayers. This is just sooooooo stressful! Hope your busy day went well!

Lara, welcome! We have some great chicks here. Stick around, and let us know how we can help.

Hey to the rest of you chicks!

BBL that sticky chicken is calling my name!

Vickie
11-05-2009, 08:31 PM
Sloan, do we have a recipe for the sticky chicken? Sounds like something I'd love.

Tejas
11-05-2009, 09:17 PM
:welcome2: Lara. I don't mind posting, but not today's meal at lunch! (thin crust pizza!) I'll start tomorrow. It will help me too.

Sandra, great picture!

Vikie, all the exercise people I'm now around still say that it is mostly diet! But, I'm with you. When I move, I lose.

Sloan, I'll do all the praying I can. She will be sending the wrong message if she backs off. He will interpret it as she does like him and that she's sorry. She'll be giving him "permission." Sorry...

I'm so tired tonight that I'm going to bed now!

Take care.

:hug: Maryann

Vickie
11-06-2009, 05:39 AM
Good morning chicks. I'm up early because I couldn't sleep. My mind is racing and I have a million things to do. Believe it or not my left ear is killing me again. I have an appointment today with a new ENT to hope that he can spot what others have missed.

I'll be back later to catch up. Somewhere I have to fit in my exercise, make a dessert, wrap some gifts and do laundry. Thank God I don't have to fit work in too.

beach bum
11-06-2009, 02:40 PM
Hi Ladies:)

All is quite for now,our friend from Eng is here,and helping me get to soc sur office and getting information how to transfers the bank accounts.He going back home on Sun or Mon.

I decided to stay up here in Cape Cod, even though my family & in laws want me to come back to NY with them again.

The funeral is going to be private, next Thursday for me than the children,but now my dd thinks that one of my grandchildren has the swine flu. She collapsed in my dd arms as just getting off the school bus. The DGD had 103 fever.Hope that DD & DS can come up for the burial,but if they can't I certainly understand.

My sister is coming up again and help me with getting rid of Leo's clothes and stuff that I wouldn't need any more.
I'm going down to be down in NY the Monday before Thanksgiving and stay until the Monday after.

Thanks for all your cards and good thought that you posted to me, I really appreciate them.

That's all for now,will post to you a when I have a chance.

Hugs,Maryann

Vickie
11-06-2009, 04:57 PM
Mary Ann, you are a very, very strong woman. You took amazing care of Leo and I know he appreciates all you've done for him. He is now your special guardian angel.

I just received 18 yellow roses in a beautiful floral arrangement from Jim for our 18th anniversary which is next Tuesday. I feel very, very lucky. The flowers are beautiful.

I'm off to make eclair cake now.

sloanie
11-06-2009, 08:20 PM
Quiet day. How are you all?

Maryann, I'm still prayin'. I think you are right to make the decision to stay put for now. When you are ready to make a move, you will know it. I hope your DGD is okay. I know your daughter must be "beside herself" that she can't be there right now.

Rhonda, I appreciate your response. I realize that a large percentage of women return to abusive mates, I'm just praying that DD is not one of them. We talked last night, and I think we are a go for the hearing next Tuesday. I know she is under a lot of stress right now. She is preparing for her Junior recital (she is a vocal performance major) and is taking mid terms. I texted her today, and she said that she is feeling better and is making progress in her prep for the recital, so that is good. About your exercise friends: I had a doctor tell me that though exercise is essential, you must decrease your intake if you want to lose weight.

Vickie, the sticky chicken recipe is on the recipe thread. It is awesome and very easy! My DH loved it. Congrats on the anniversary!

I'm starting the weekend with a glass of wine and a rest on the couch! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! TTFN

Tejas
11-06-2009, 09:06 PM
Maryann, I'm with Sloan. Don't move too quickly. Take your time about everything. And, let people do for you.

Sloan, it's really good that you DD is able to focus on her own needs too. That's very strong.

I was working like crazy today.

So, for my food I had:

1 slice toast with a bit of PB
1 cup of skim milk
1 banana
2 egg omellette, veggies, red potatoes
a non-Core but mostly veggie casserole
glass of red wine

Rhonda

Vickie
11-06-2009, 09:24 PM
I had one serving old-fashioned oatmeal made with skim. 1/2 cup homemade chunky applesauce.

1/2 cup grapes and one lowfat string cheese

Mixed field greens salad with mushrooms, tomatoes, and 2T light salad dressing.

One slice Healthy Life Double Fiber wheat bread toasted with 1T smart balance light; 2 soft boiled eggs

Chicken fajitas; 1/2 cup homemade chunky applesauce; 2 cups fresh green beans with some more smart balance light

Zone double dark chocolate bar and 8 oz skim.

Believe it or not, it's just 1500 calories.

ontarget
11-06-2009, 10:19 PM
Maryann, everyone's right. You need to take your time about making any moves or big decisions. I hope your dgd doesn't have the flu. I can't imagine all the stress you're all having.

Lara, where are you? How was your day?

Sloan, I hope everything works out well for dd.

Rhonda, red wine sounds good.

Vickie, happy anniversary. That Jim is a sweetie giving you roses. Makes me smile.

Here's what I had today:

b--Baker's Box Breakfast Cookie (I have them shipped from Oregon. Ate a lot of them when I got to goal back in 2000.)
l--WW TV dinner
s--2 WW fudgesicles
d--Frozen low point pizza. (It wasn't WW brand but was low point.)
s--a few pecans from our tree

This looks like a lot. I didn't really want the pecans but Curtis was shelling them and said, "They're from our tree." That's all it took. I'm easy, aren't I?

I won't be posting my menus the next 2 days but will be making the best choices I can.

Have a good weekend, everyone.

sloanie
11-07-2009, 01:20 AM
My food today:
b:soy patty
apple and coffee
l:sticky chicken
g. beans and corn
d::yikes: cheesy bread
wine
s:too embarrassed to say :stars:

I walked this morning :running:

Tejas
11-07-2009, 10:49 AM
I went to exercise in the park and contracted with the teacher to add two sessions a week of free weights in addition to the three times we do aerobics. I'm crazy!

So far today I've had:

coffee with whole milk
1 slice high fiber bread with PB
1 banana
1 apple
8 oz skim milk

I'm hungry and we're going out to brunch here in Toronto.

Lara, we're listing our food mostly at your request...are you here?

BBL

sloanie
11-07-2009, 11:31 AM
Rhonda, is this teacher/trainer that you are talking about working with you individually or is there some kind of group? I think weight training is great. We "more mature" chicks really need to be doing that. It helps prevent osteoporosis and increases metabolism. We got a bowflex in a trade this summer, and I have yet to use it. I'm thinking about getting my DS to help me get started. I'll let you know how it goes. Have a great day.

Hey to the rest of you chicks. I hope my food list is not as embarrassing today. I'll post it later.

blessedwithsarah
11-07-2009, 11:33 AM
Hi everyone. Glad the work week is over. Not too busy today -- dd has already been to gymnastics and she has a swim party this afternoon. I'm driving her and 2 girls from the neighborhood. It so funny to listen to a group of 6 year olds. I did my wi yesterday and still the same. Which if you recall, is huge for me. There was a couple month period where my weight would swing wildly. Now its steady. I did order the new SBD book -- I'm doing well, sort of. Been snacking on halloween candy a bit too much. The new book has some updates to the plan -- I've been using my SBD book from about 10 years ago. My understanding is the food lists have been updated adn there is new information on exercise.

Sandra -- I'm very jealous of a pecan tree! Those have to be my favorite nut. YUM. Send some up!

Mary Ann -- take your time on making any decisions. I think back a year and 1/2 ago when my dad passed. For about a month after that my mom would have agreed to anything. Did Leo have any military benefits? For my mom, those were the trickiest to figure out. She ended up using the Senior services in her town to help get through everything. HUGS to you, keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Vickie - congrats on 18 years! Wonderful, and great of Jim to surprise you! Enjoy. Hope you have special plans this weekend.

Sloan - I shared your glass of wine with you last night! :)

lara - Welcome to the board! I did core for a long time and needed a change. So now I'm followign South Beach. But I love this group!!! Hope you enjoy it as well.

Hi Coco and Nancy!

Well, go to get some laundry going. BBL

sloanie
11-07-2009, 06:08 PM
:cheers: to you, Paula. You might need to join me again tonight. I have some blackberry wine from a local winery, and I may just have a glass before dinner.

Hope the rest of you chickies are having a relaxing weekend!

Tejas
11-07-2009, 07:03 PM
Oh boy, did I ever not eat Core today! Never mind, I'll be good tomorrow. And, I've had my wine for the week! Great afternoon, actually.

Sloan, there is a group of 3-4 of us and we hired an instructor. We take :exercise: together, outside in the park. My weight class will just be me.

Rhonda

sloanie
11-08-2009, 09:45 AM
mornin' chicks!
just poppin' in to say hello. have a great day y'all

Vickie
11-08-2009, 10:28 AM
Ohhhh....I'm SO tired! Got home at 1:10 and went to bed at 2:30. I'm back up to go to JC. I have to do a MILLION things today. I'll try to get back later.

Have a great day!

Tejas
11-08-2009, 01:20 PM
Hi everybody:

Went to spinning then walked home (at least 2 miles) with the friend I'm staying with. We had a big breakfast on the way back, so I've eaten for the day I think! Now, I'm going to the office to work for a while.

Rhonda

Vickie
11-08-2009, 02:28 PM
I stayed the same. NOT a good way to go into a 3 day vacation. I'll just have to do the best I can. I'll snag whatever exercise comes my way;):o:D

blessedwithsarah
11-08-2009, 03:26 PM
Happy Sunday everyone. We ended up getting chinese last night - I did not stick to my plan. Oh well, its a new day. It was good though!

Heading back to church this afternoon -- dd is in the christmas pagent and the rehersals are every Sunday at 4. I'm helping coordinate the reception after the pagent. Should be a fun night. Then we'll go out for dinner. Not sure where -- our usual place is getting a bit old for us. I think we need a break.

BBL

sloanie
11-08-2009, 07:06 PM
Ev'nin y'all! I had a productive day. I finally got to paint my entry doors as it was a beautiful day. I have also stayed op today, so I'm proud of that. I've made two good recipes from the recipe threads. One is for oatmeal cookies that I made very thin and have been eating with one tsp of peanut butter to make a sandwich for breakfast, yum yum. The second one is for red potato soup. It is a crock pot recipe and is so good. I'm pretty sure the recipe is in the soup recipes. It makes a lot, but DH and I have been eating it for a couple of days. If you like left overs, or "encore performances" as my dad would say, it is a good one to make.

Rhonda, your stamina continues to amaze me! You go girl :carrot:

Vickie, staying the same is as good as a loss. I'm proud of you. Have a restful couple of days.

Paula, I remember the days of church pagents. My DD always wanted to be Mary and never got to. She laughs about it now and follows the story with: "I was a donkey and a shepherd!" Oh well, I hope your DD enjoys being involved. My kiddos always did.

I am so behind on school work! I've got to get off of this computer and do some teacher work. TTFN

ontarget
11-08-2009, 07:18 PM
Sounds like you're all having productive/fun weekends. We just got home from Texas A&M. Curtis had to drop out of the tournament last night but I got 1st in my division. We're home now and are chillin' in front of the TV.

I have read all your posts but am too tired to respond right now. Please forgive me. I would like to ask Lara if she's still around. I hope she is.

sloanie
11-08-2009, 09:39 PM
Sandra, I hope Curtis is okay! Congrats on your win. Do you ever place lower than the top three? It seems like as long as I've been here, you have been winning everything! Like I said before, you are a celebrity!! One day when you are the champion of the whole wide world, we will say we knew you when.

I've just graded a stack of papers and still have some essays to look at. I think I'll save them for the ride to East Tennessee on Tuesday when we go to be with DD for the order of protection hearing. It takes five hours to get there. We always get a book to listen to, so I'll listen and grade at the same time. Right now I'm resting on the couch with my puppy on my chest. As Sandra always says: Life is good :)

ontarget
11-08-2009, 09:59 PM
Sloan, it would make me dizzy to grade papers while riding. You're tougher than I am.

I haven't always placed in tournaments. Wish I had. Back in 05 I won "Champion of the Americas" for women 50 years and older. That's the closest I'll ever come to a world title.

I hope the hearing goes as ya'll are wanting. Take care and don't get dizzy. There's nothing wrong with listening to a good book, and that might be easier on you than grading.