Old 11-02-2009, 01:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 249/216/150

Height: 5'2"

Unhappy Bad Batch of Fish Oil

I have been sick on and off for 3 weeks. Today I was nauseated again (and threw up) and finally think I know what is going on. I was just informed by my representative at MRC that they had a "bad batch of fish oil", but they failed to tell anyone about this, even though they have reportedly had some complaints from other members. I bought the fish oil (EFA) on October 17th. I have written a complaint to the main website. I thought I would post this just in case anyone was having similar symptoms. I felt perfectly fine other than the severe nausea which would take place about 4-5 hrs after taking the EFA. Sometimes I would throw up and sometimes I wouldn't, but it was enough to keep me home from work the first time and I couldn't tolerate any food intake for a couple of days. Hope they will work to resolve the issue and that no one else has any problems with it.

Started MRC Sept. '09

Last edited by wchase; 11-02-2009 at 08:58 AM.
wchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:13 AM   #2  
~Veronica~

S/C/G: 277/264/252

Height: 5'8" Age:26

Oh wow, thats terrible!

Im glad you figured out what was going on! Hope youre feeling better soon!
VernDern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:30 AM   #3  

Thanks Veronica

Last edited by wchase; 11-02-2009 at 03:13 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:44 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6''

Wow...I'm pretty sure I'd raise a fuss about that. They can't have bad batches and not tell people. I'd have words with someone about that.

I sure hope you're feeling better, thanks for telling us.
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:17 PM   #5  

I received a phone call from the area director early this morning (she got right on top of it). They are sending the EFA bottles to the manufacturer to have them tested. They said they have only had problems with a couple of them. They are compensating the cost for me, including the three weeks I've been on/off program - so that is really nice.

They think the EFA might have been on the UPS truck too long or something. We'll see. I can't wait to get rid of them though and get a new bottle.

Old 11-02-2009, 03:35 PM   #6  

Ok, good. I'm glad they acted on it. From my experience, MRC is a responsible company and they take care of their clients. I hope they're being pro-active about the rest of the clients that bought the fish oil pills.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:06 PM   #7  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

somewhat related question: am i the only one whose stomach is super-sensitive to MRC-6 and cortitrim? i'm not sure which one it is, but one or both of them makes my tummy hurt i hate feeling nauseous!
leahruthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:14 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

Taking three flaxseed pills at a time can give me heartburn if I don't wash them down with a lot of water.

I realize I have a different take on health issues than everyone else, but if I were nauseated, I'd be splurging for a $10 pregnancy test at the drugstore.

Just sayin'.

Last edited by Dolly; 11-02-2009 at 05:57 PM.
Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:53 PM   #9  
Leah

i can say with certainty that that is not my issue. not only am i on yaz to control my crazyperson PMDD, but i have also pretty much ALWAYS struggled with nausea on an almost-daily basis. some doctors have told me it's stomach acid-related, others tell me it's just stress. either way, it sucks. but it's not pregnancy-related.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:16 PM   #10  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahruthie View Post
i can say with certainty that that is not my issue. not only am i on yaz to control my crazyperson PMDD, but i have also pretty much ALWAYS struggled with nausea on an almost-daily basis. some doctors have told me it's stomach acid-related, others tell me it's just stress. either way, it sucks. but it's not pregnancy-related.
LeahRuthie, have you ever been tested for H pylori? the culprit responsible for ulcers, I've heard is also responsible for a lot of morning sickness. I wonder if it might be making you so prone to nausea. Something to check out if you have not been tested for it yet.
reuselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:29 PM   #11  

leahruthie - try taking only one of them for a day and see if it helps. If not, try the other one. figure out which one is making you feel yucky then try a couple different things...see if taking one before you eat and one after helps or if taking less (1 pill instead of 2) makes a difference. I'd play around with it. Even losing weight isn't worth feeling like you're gonna throw up...
Old 11-03-2009, 04:37 PM   #12  
Leah

thanks for the advice, you guys!