100 lb. Club - NOVEMBER NSV's

View Full Version : NOVEMBER NSV's

Sandi
11-02-2009, 12:10 AM
Welcome to one of the most popular threads here at the 100lb club!

For those of you unfamiliar with the term, NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This is where we share our progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the actual number on the scale. Such as making a healthier choice, resisting temptation, receiving a compliment (we're big on those), fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area and so on and so on. So let's start filling it up!

Lyn2007
11-02-2009, 12:12 AM
I had ZERO Halloween candy, Nada! And I am fine with it :)

thistoo
11-02-2009, 09:25 PM
I went to the allergist today to seek some relief. I am allergic to nothing! Which doesn't really help my symptoms. :(

HOWEVER. While she was sticking me with 20 needles, the nurse said, "You've got some real definition in your arms." I am the most self-conscious about my arms, so that was nice to hear for sure.

Also, I have a date on Wednesday. Not with the guy I want to be dating, but it's good practice, I suppose. And I am pretty out of practice, so it'll be good for me.

fitwayoflife
11-02-2009, 09:30 PM
I had only one piece of candy on Halloween and one the day after.

bcort
11-02-2009, 10:07 PM
I didn't cave & eat any popcorn tonight, & I REALLY was wanting some!

Idealmuse
11-02-2009, 10:26 PM
Mine is finishing my 15k and Running the whole way and exceeding my pace expectations! Yeay!

waquilter
11-02-2009, 11:06 PM
I'm joining fitwayoflife and Lyn2007 with NO Halloween candy - WAY TO GO GIRLS!!

thistoo
11-03-2009, 07:40 AM
WTG Idealmuse! Still an inspiration to the rest of us. :)

starfishkitty
11-06-2009, 10:44 PM
Random NSV..... :lol:

Just got out of the shower.... couldn't find my robe for some reason, musta left it in my room after my last shower... so I grabbed a normal sized towel and figured I'd just dash to my room and hope no one saw........ but whhhhaat?? It fit completely around me! With nothing showing!!!

:carrot:

fitwayoflife
11-07-2009, 05:30 AM
For the past 2 grocery store trips, I have not bought Baked Lays, which are not so bad for you in controlled portions, but I almost always used to binge on them. I go right past the chip aisle.

srr728
11-07-2009, 05:44 AM
I went down a size in scrubs at work, its means a lot because they are color coated so everyone can see what size they are. I no longer wear the biggest size and I never will again :dance:

JustBeckyV
11-07-2009, 08:53 PM
I moved my belt down another notch!

DCHound
11-07-2009, 09:09 PM
I can get my skinny jeans zipped! These are the smallest jeans I own! They fit for 10 minutes in 2000 and 5 minutes in 2003! Can't wear them out in public yet--but they zipped! OMG they are so small. I can't believe I can get my L (not XL, another NSV!) self into them! :D

ubergirl
11-07-2009, 09:27 PM
Well, several...

1. I FINALLY dealt with my hair. I don't know... maybe a part of me didn't want to let go of that frumpy image... I had shoulder length frizzy hair that was washed out and very gray at the roots. I spent a bundle and got a super good cut. I feel like a WHOLE NEW WOMAN.

2. I was out of town this weekend because I had to go to an event where I was being honored and had to give a talk, plus a big dinner the night before. Usually when I go to this stuff, I think people are staring at me and thinking "Her? I can't believe she's anyone... she looks like an old bag..." This time, I had to get my picture taken about a hundred times and I really didn't mind. I KNEW I looked fine. I'm not slim yet, but I am no longer so obese that I look out of place. I notice a difference in the way people treat me, but I still have to remind myself that I look good and should feel confident.

HeaterAS
11-07-2009, 10:09 PM
Ubergirl..pics of your new cut!!!

Lyn2007
11-08-2009, 12:09 AM
My NSV happened today in a rest room. I was in there washing my hands and I turned around to dry my hands and there was a full length mirror on the door. And I looked like ****. And the reason I looked so bad was because my jeans were WAY TOO BIG, they were actually HANGING off my butt, super baggy in the thighs, and made me look horrid!! I looked like I could fit a ham and a couple of cats in my pants with me! I am so excited that I need tighter jeans to look good. I am totally losing inches even when the scale isn't moving. Breaking out the 18's :)

duckyyellowfeet
11-08-2009, 01:44 AM
I have two....

1) I was going to buy a pair of size 18 jeans today, which is already a full-size smaller when I realized that they were almost too big. So I grabbed a pair of 16s instead...and I could button them.

2) During my same shopping excursion, I tried on a super-clingy, curve creating dress...and I looked amazing in it. Yay for curves, not rolls!

augeremt
11-08-2009, 03:26 AM
Small NSV, but I biked downtown without having to stop and be completely winded at the end. Wow, working out has helped get me in shape!

thistoo
11-08-2009, 09:02 AM
1. I bought a cashmere pullover (size small) yesterday at Kohl's, and when my sister came over so we could go running, I offered to let her try it on so she could gauge the size before she ordered one for herself. The NSV part is that I wear a smaller size on top than my sister, who has been 'the skinny one' my entire life. Her chest is bigger than mine, so I can get into smalls and she's still rocking the mediums.

2. While running with my sister and a friend yesterday, I realized that I have more endurance for running than either of them. Granted, I'm the only one who's been running regularly, but considering my sister has always been fit (not to mention she has a Master's degree in Exercise Physiology), it was pretty amazing to realize I can run faster and farther than her.

The caveat to all this is that my sister and I aren't really competitive. She supports me wholeheartedly and is really, tremendously proud of how far I've come. She's also been a HUGE help, and I couldn't have done it without her, which I say all the time. It's just that we are genetically practically the same person, so I use her as a measure of my own health/fitness a lot of the time, and realizing I have managed to outpace her in a few areas is pretty amazing. And a little scary (how will I measure myself now?!?). Also amazing.

Iheartsushi418
11-08-2009, 09:04 AM
I woke up VOLUNTARILY early on my day off to exercise and actually ENJOYED it!

alsten02
11-08-2009, 03:42 PM
had one serving of a small danish treat ..which is huge for me, considering i can never just stick to one.. so i usually rarely eat any of it .. so to be able to just stick to one made me feel pretty good

Nada
11-09-2009, 09:00 AM
This morning in boot camp as we were running around the gym, I noticed I was GAINING ON someone. Usually I just see the distance between me and the next person growing and growing. (next time I'm going to pass them)

emilydreaming
11-09-2009, 11:05 AM
This weekend, for my husband's birthday, we climbed Stone Mountain, and I made it to the top. That's definitely not something I could have done 20 pounds ago.

CLCSC145
11-09-2009, 09:05 PM
My friend's college aged son was flirting with me today. It caught me off guard (partly because he's 19 - too young! - and super darling) and mostly because it's been a long time since anyone's flirted with me. I highly recommend it for its ego-boosting potential!

I also got a lot of nice comments about how small I'm getting. Now I'll never really be small due to my height, but it's nice to be smaller than I was.

It's time to clean out the closet of my bigger clothes. I'm a couple of pounds away from an 18W now. The 20's are way too big!

Tonia
11-15-2009, 07:37 AM
I am gaining endurance at the gym...!

Color coded scrubs? Seriously?

CJZee
11-15-2009, 08:42 AM
Yesterday, I pulled an old pair of linen pants out of the closet -- you know the kind with the drawstrings? Well, I was amazed that I had to pull the drawstrings really tight so the pants wouldn't fall down ... they are size regular 20 and waaaay too big, bunching all over! I've had these pants for probably 10 years, couldn't wear them at all for awhile and NEVER have had to pull the drawstring -- in fact I couldn't pull it before because I filled them out to the max!

Yesterday, I was walking down a dock (I'm in Florida) taking some photos, and a guy I didn't know asked me whether I wanted to go on a ride on his boat ;)

raebeaR
11-15-2009, 11:04 AM
Ok, this is a tiny one, so tiny I almost missed it -- but I was so pleased when I realized it had happened.

I was pulling on a pair of pants yesterday and without thinking, I lifted my left leg to step into them. Not so long ago, I was dismayed to discover I had to either sit down to pull on my slacks or HELP LIFT my left leg into them. The leg had become too heavy for the supporting structure to lift it!! So either I've become stronger, or I've lightened the load enough (or both)!!!

This is actually WORKING!!!! :D

justaloozer
11-15-2009, 12:26 PM
I went to my cousins house yesterday and everyone was gushing over how good I looked! I felt great! Definitely the motivation I needed to help me continue focusing on my goal!

anmitche
11-15-2009, 01:45 PM
I went on a party bus with a bunch of my friends last night. I wasn't driving home either, so I could have drank all I wanted. I didn't want all of the empty calories, though, so I had one drink at the first bar, then drank free diet cokes for the rest of the night. At the last bar, one of the girls knew the owner, and made everyone free burgers. I turned that down, too. And, I met a great guy! I was so proud of myself by the end of the night, and it wasn't that hard. I didn't feel deprived, because I didn't really WANT anything!

LitChick
11-15-2009, 09:48 PM
starfishkitty, I can't wait until I can wrap a regular towel around myself!

Lots of great and motivating NSVs on here. :carrot:

Mine is that I participated in my second 5K this weekend. Last month I did one and finished in 49 minutes. This time I ran a majority of it and finished in 41 minutes! :running:

DCHound
11-15-2009, 10:03 PM
I bought three beautiful pairs of 18 misses dress pants about 2 months ago--stretchy, fitted--in fact, I had to wear thongs under them--and today I went to put a pair on for church and they were FALLING OFF! These pants were slim-fit 2 weeks ago and now they are falling off and I can't wear them!

So I pulled out a new pair of small 16 misses dress pants, Dockers, I bought at the same time and dreamed about for a while.

They are almost falling off too! What is UP with this??? I wore them but had to hike them up frequently. :D

Lyn2007
11-15-2009, 10:21 PM
I have had extra calories left at the end of almost every day, but instead of indulging, I realized I was not hungry and just stopped eating.

time2lose
11-16-2009, 09:28 AM
This weekend I wore my latest favorite shirt and realized that it is getting loose. It was tight when I first started wearing it, then got comfortable and now is loose!

DCHound, you have been one of my inspirations!

uclr0028
11-16-2009, 09:58 AM
I can finally fit into a size 22 pair of Jeans. I have not been that size for over 7 years

Loving Me
11-16-2009, 10:18 AM
Mine are that someone other than my DH, DD or mum finally noticed I've lost weight and complimented me on it yesterday!
I'm also noticing when I go shower at the gym that my towel is slowly getting closer to meeting around me at each edge!

EveLHaelf
11-16-2009, 02:12 PM
All of you are doing so amazingly well! These posts are so inspirational.....

All of my clothes are too big. and I too am able to fit a regular sized towel around me without flashing anyone! hehehehee

StellarGirl
11-16-2009, 02:40 PM
I love Old Navy because everything there is so cute and cheap. With $$ so tight right now, I can't just go shop at Lane Bryant and Torrid like I used to.

I used to have to buy everything at Old Navy online because they don't carry their plus size clothes in the store. Yesterday, we went to get my husband a new pair of jeans (he's down 2 sizes, too!!) and I tried on a jacket and it buttoned! It is about 5 lbs until it looks good--and granted...they carry up to a size 20, but it's going to feel really good to actually be able to go shopping in a store again and next time I need something, I am going to be able to!

thistoo
11-16-2009, 10:44 PM
I went to Myrtle Beach with my sister and her family last week, and we escaped her DH/kids one day and went outlet shopping. I have bought Ann Taylor and Banana Republic clothes at the local thrift store already, but I haven't braved any of the actual stores yet. These were the outlets, of course, but they are still full of skinny clerks and customers.

For the first time...ever, I think, I walked into those places and did not feel once that I didn't belong. In fact, I tried things on and even purchased clothes, and the sales clerks who rang me up never once looked at me like I wasn't supposed to be there. I got a size 8 top at Banana Republic and it fits like a dream. I love that store so much.

makeupforlifee
11-17-2009, 08:43 AM
I am able to pull more over the Velcro around to fasten the ea active leg strap!

LitChick
11-17-2009, 09:42 PM
I can cross my legs without forcing them in position!

Edit: Yes, I know it's not good for my legs, but I'm just elated that I can finally do it!

Nada
11-18-2009, 11:11 AM
Congratulations all. I love NSV's
Litchick, I remember the first time I crossed my legs without thinking about it. I just looked down and whoa--I didn't have to make a big production of it!

Lyn2007
11-18-2009, 11:30 AM
My NSV is that I had a bad eating night last night but I got on my bike immediately after, rode for 40 minutes, and am right back on plan today.

Lyn2007
11-18-2009, 05:37 PM
Hey, I had another one! I walked for an HOUR today! I pushed myself hard. I have not walked that far in a very long time. I usually do 30 minutes and call it good. I'm pretty proud of myself!

Kae
11-18-2009, 05:55 PM
These are great... thanks everyone for sharing!

thistoo
11-21-2009, 01:26 PM
This morning I joined the local track and fitness club for the first official training session for the upcoming (in March) marathon. It was only a three mile run, which I do on the treadmill regularly, but I am MUCH slower running on pavement, so today was my first time running three miles outside. It felt great and the other people were really friendly and encouraging.

The NSV part is that I didn't feel self-conscious at all, even in a crowd of strangers who were mostly faster than me. There was a time I wouldn't even have gotten out of the car, so that's a pretty big deal.

LitChick
11-21-2009, 01:35 PM
Today's NSV: I went to the store to try and find a pair of trousers for work that weren't in black since my gray trousers are now too big (which unfortunately, I didn't find), but while I was there I tried on a pair of 18W jeans and they fit! Granted, they were stretch jeans and were tight, but I haven't been remotely near that size in years!!!!!

thistoo
11-23-2009, 05:43 PM
I started the P90X training program yesterday. It's a pretty intense workout regime, and today was Plyometrics (jump training) day. I was pretty scared that I wouldn't be able to handle it, but do you know what? It wasn't really that bad. I'm in much better shape than I realized.

Mikayla
11-23-2009, 06:50 PM
A few days ago I bought a bra from walmart, a pretty bra in a normal girl size!