100 lb. Club - Okay... confess me hearties...

View Full Version : Okay... confess me hearties...

cfmama
11-01-2009, 11:43 PM
How DID YOU DO on Halloween???

I did eat ONE chocolate bar last night. A teeny wonderbar. It was... not worth the 50 calories ;) I also ate FAR too much meat/cheese crackers at my mothers house. Why? Because I didn't eat dinner (planned to eat there) and then we SAT AT THE TABLE where the food was! Now I didn't go over calories by too much... but I know better.

Today? no chocolate, no chips. 5 small Rolo type fruit candies. Ug. I counted them in my calories but once again ... not worth it.

So this week it's breaking the simple carb/sugar addiction again with STRICTNESS.

So how did YOU do?

Onederchic
11-01-2009, 11:45 PM
I didn't eat any candy or junk.

nooch
11-01-2009, 11:47 PM
I ate a couple of mini milky ways the night before, a couple of starburst the day of, a couple of mini milky ways the night of, and then we had a ton of kids so I ran out of candy which solved the "what do I do with the leftovers" issue for me.

I didn't do anything out of control, it didn't trigger anything for me (I was kinda surprised I wasn't fighting cravings afterwards), and I was within my calorie requirements for each day. I really consider the ability to eat a couple of starburst and stop, or two mini milky ways and stop, a real victory for me. I know a lot of people here feel that if you still eat stuff like that at all, ever, you are doing it wrong/you are not truly dedicated. However, I like those things and I enjoy eating them sparingly so I am glad I did it without incident.

StellarGirl
11-01-2009, 11:47 PM
i did...ok. lol
I had saved 320 calories...I had one vodka/soda and kept snacking on spicy chex mix. I also had a handful of fat free kettle corn and one bite of chocolate/grapefruit tart. I think i stayed relatively close to my 320 calories and I didn't have ONE piece of chocolate! yay!

Iheartsushi418
11-01-2009, 11:55 PM
Not as bad as last year...lol. Still pretty bad though. Last year I always bought two stashes of candy, one to eat leading up to Halloween, and one to hand out. At least this year I only ate total 10 mini-candy bars over the course of 3 days, but I learned it wasn't worth it...I would have enjoyed one or two much more because they would have been REAL treats, instead of something I just shoved in my mouth without thinking about it.

Lyn2007
11-02-2009, 12:15 AM
None :)

kaplods
11-02-2009, 12:21 AM
Hubby and I did better than we ever have. Trick-or-treating was from 5pm - 7pm.

At 7:25, we divided the remaining candy into ziploc bags and went reverse trick-or-treating to our friends' homes (those with kids), dropping off candy for each of the households.

We still have a small bag of candy for us, and I did use one of my carbohydrate exchanges to have a pomegranate tootsie pop (really good)

HeyHeyGabby
11-02-2009, 12:29 AM
I had a good breakfast, toasted PB+J english muffin sandwich.

then brussel sprouts...

then things went a little south:

2.5 muffins (a new Splenda recipe i was trying), a spritz cookie from my cousin and a reeces cup from my BFF.

Then we ate Pizza and breadsticks from Dominos and an energy drink before going to Knotts Scary Farm.

At Knotts i had a smoothie (not too bad :D)

then, after that i had a donut and a iced coffee from 7 11

I went a little less then 900 calories over my budget... but after walking for almost 5 hours, i don't feel bad about it.

id normally do A LOT worse, without all the walking...

Windchime
11-02-2009, 12:37 AM
My best estimate is that I went about 800 calories over budget. Yikes! I knew I was headed for trouble when I went to open the bag of candy at about 4 PM. I ate several pieces then, and then ate several more a little later....and several more a little later. So yeah, it wasn't pretty. But today was back on plan and I'm 46 calories under budget for today. I walked/jogged this morning and then again this evening for a total of about 3.5 miles. All in all, it wasn't great but it wasn't horrible, either.

I sent the rest of the candy with my son when he went to Youth Group tonight. So that's good--it's GONE.

Idealmuse
11-02-2009, 12:39 AM
2 mini packs of mike and ikes...

and today at my 15k I had 3 mini snickers and later in the day a pack of pocky.

Not my finest weekend but could have been worse!

raebeaR
11-02-2009, 12:52 AM
I didn't have anything, but it's not really a challenge... I live very rural, so no trick or treaters to worry about (and hence no candy purchased). I always keep a $10 bill handy for the first intrepid kid who actually makes his way down my looonnnngggg, dark driveway through the trees and past the dogs, etc.... if he/she ever turns up, she deserves a bit more than a crappy piece of candy!!

Suezeeque
11-02-2009, 12:56 AM
Non. Nada. Candy isn't my thing anyway. If I was on death row for my last meal I would ask for boiled pinto beans with fresh chopped onion on top with lots of catsup, and a huge piece of cornbread with butter, crumbled on top. One day I am going to eat that again. I just put it off one day at a time.

VernDern
11-02-2009, 01:03 AM
I did great on Halloween! No chocolate...nothing off plan.

....it was the night before that got me! haha. I drank a whole bottle of wine and drunkenly chose to eat those 6 mini snickers and twix! I worked out hard the next day though and surprisingly was down another pound. =)

Institches21
11-02-2009, 01:58 AM
Did not go over my calories for the day, but did have a mini peppermint patty, 60 calories and 2gms fat, it was sooooo worth it. I made that candy last a good long time, enjoying every tiny bite.

Bonnie+J
11-02-2009, 03:16 AM
i had a mini dairy milk bubbly. it was 60 calories, and i had it built into my day. my husband hid the remaining trick or treat stuff and took it to work with him today. but in all honesty, i wasnt too tempted. i was just afraid i would pick at it while i waited for dinner to cook or something! i'm lucky that my son didnt go trick or treating this year cos he is too little. next year wont be so easy!

Arctic Mama
11-02-2009, 03:49 AM
I overdid it on spice cake, more than chocolate, on Halloween. I did log the calories though, and overall I'm just fine. Today I ate well, planned in a few candies, and got in my first stationary cycling this week (9 miles) as well as opting to walk home from church (in 20 degree-ish weather, no less!) instead of calling hubby for a ride.

It was a good day for me :)

girlonfire
11-02-2009, 06:06 AM
I had one funsize Mars Bar. But I did go to a party on a boat on the Seine and drank some champagne(I got a free 80 euro bottle for free for my birthday!) and a couple vodka/pineapple juice.

I somehow still managed to lose.

DCHound
11-02-2009, 07:57 AM
I cannot tell a lie.

I did not cheat. I did not go off-plan. Instead I practiced avoidance...I went out of town, up to a friend's, so I wouldn't have to buy/distribute candy. I had iron willpower last year, but I was feeling weak this year, so I just totally avoided the situation.

My reward? Lost half a pound this weekend! :)

lambchop
11-02-2009, 08:23 AM
Not one single bad bite! I couldn't believe it - i didn't even want anything

natamars
11-02-2009, 08:28 AM
I didn't eat any candy, but did have a cup of low-fat ice cream both Friday and Saturday nights. And two glasses of wine - the people I trick-or-treated with dragged along a wagon with a cooler full of wine and beer, to give out to the adults.:o

I'm OK with the ice-cream since I knew I was going low-carb effective Sunday and am not having any sugar at all.

sprklemajik
11-02-2009, 08:31 AM
I had a mini butterfinger bar. It was a nice treat, avoided all the rest. I also volunteered to be the DD for a Halloween party, so no empty calories on alcohol that night-- just a couple diet cokes. :) Overall, a stunning victory for me!

time2lose
11-02-2009, 09:00 AM
I am pleased with myself. I did not eat one bite. Not that I think that it is bad for those who can handle it to eat a few pieces. I just know that I can't handle it. One piece is not enough and I would not be satisfied if I ate 100 pieces.

As soon as we turned the lights off, I gave the leftover candy to my husband and son to deal with. I told I never want to see it again.

I will be seeing Halloween candy around the office for a good while and I still need to keep up my resolve to not eat it. Temptation is never going to go away so I just have to deal with it.

jab91864
11-02-2009, 09:23 AM
I made Hershey kiss thumbprint cookies and ate atleast 6 over the weekend... :eek:

starfishkitty
11-02-2009, 10:26 AM
I am in AWE of you ladies!! I totally decided to throw it out the window for the night. It'd been an emotional few weeks for me for some reason, crappy fights with people I care about, etc... so I decided to go ahead and make it one of my "It's a holiday so enjoy" nights. I had to have had like 3 cupcakes, at least 5 or 6 candies, tons of chips and dip.... and pizza. Like 5 squares.

Normally... that'd be nothing for me. But now... that was hardCORE. I literally had a stomach ache for a day after, and gained a pound and a half that I've just NOW shed (and that was actually last Saturday, we had an early Halloween party!).

Was it worth it? Not sure.

Do I care? Not really.

Why? Because I don't do it that often and I have faith in myself now (for the first time) that that won't ever become a day to day thing for me. :) I'm proud of that, at least!

Thighs Be Gone
11-02-2009, 10:31 AM
Okay, I gotta say--I ate some candy! But I didn't overdo it--I don't think anyway!

My fave indulgence? I split an English Toffee bar with my hubby. I LOVED each and every itsy bitsy morsel of the thing.

Thighs Be Gone
11-02-2009, 10:33 AM
As for the rest of the candy!

Typically the "Halloween witch" visits Halloween night. She takes away the candy and leaves a toy. This year however, we are using the leftover candy to stuff a pinata later in the month for my daughter. The candy will be locked up (away from me) today.

Judy Lynn
11-02-2009, 10:41 AM
I had a few mini Tootsie Rolls over the course of the weekend. I sent all the leftover candy with DH to his office today.

nelie
11-02-2009, 11:05 AM
I didn't have any candy. We only had a couple pieces left and all pretzel packs were given out. The last couple pieces went to work with my husband.

The funny thing is that I didn't even have a piece of my usual dark chocolate that I keep on hand. Some nights I have a couple pieces of dark chocolate after dinner (50 calories total) but not this past weekend.

heartface
11-02-2009, 11:11 AM
i ate the whole neighborhood's worth of candy.
i am a horrible candy monster.
fasting tomorrow/

evieistrying09
11-02-2009, 11:12 AM
Ugh! Do I have to! ;)

Well, for halloween, I had about 5 peices of random candy, and then I babysat that night, and the mom bought me and my family a pizza for the trouble (?) So, of course I ate around 3 slices of that.. AND THEN, the next day, I had a family thing, (Octoberfest) and I had tons of bratwurst, and candy.

I feel so nasty..

But, today is a new day! Let's not get down on it! *sniffle* :hug:

Pita09
11-02-2009, 11:31 AM
One of our regular customers dropped off a bag of homemade sugar cookies for us to enjoy. I had one.

I also had a small box of Milk Duds that my kid had.

Yesterday, a friend gave me a huge cupcake in celebration of her recent wedding. I inhaled the thing and I felt promptly guilty and vowed to not eat anymore sugar!!

Slashnl
11-02-2009, 11:49 AM
I was not good, not on plan. Some candy, but mainly overdoing meals. Like Halloween is that great of a holiday to go overboard??? No! Oh well, went to the gym and am back on plan.

FitGirlyGirl
11-02-2009, 01:25 PM
I did not eat any candy, not a single piece. I did not even contemplate doing so. We had stuffed pumpkins for dinner. I did have a single serving of the baked apples that I made. I used splenda on the apples this year instead of the ton of normal sugar I used to use, but I used some real brown sugar too, so they were still a bit naughty. I also had one slice of the pumpkin pie that my husband made - he used splenda too the darling! I had planned to have these treats and so I had worked out extra hard earlier in the day. My calorie deficit was still over 1000, which is my normal non-holiday or treat day goal. I am so proud of myself.:D

Jae165
11-02-2009, 01:47 PM
Nope, no candy eaten.

I was a little tempted when I was checking my kids candy bags, but it passed just as fast, so I did well. Usually I would be attacking their bags for the snickers and baby ruths. I am glad those days are gone.

duckyyellowfeet
11-02-2009, 02:17 PM
Blah, i didn't do as well as I planned.

I had a healthy breakfast, but then spent from 8:30-5pm running around with my charity carnival. So when i got home at 6, i was so tired, I went and got a Chipotle burrito. Which fit into my WW points plan, even if its not super healthy.

the handful of mini-candy bars didn't. I think I had six and a lolipop. So overall, not the best day. But it could have been worse, it has been worse and I got rid of the rest of the candy...so no more.

cfmama
11-02-2009, 02:56 PM
All of the candy is downstairs in hubbies office. The kids are allowed 3 pieces a day and HE will dole them out ;)

I've eaten my breakfast and lunch and so far so good ;) Accountability is key!

justaloozer
11-02-2009, 03:14 PM
Not so good :o although it def could have been worse.

For lunch & dinner I had pizza, although I stayed in my calorie limit. I also had a few pieces of candy on Saturday, yesterday & today:o I counted cals for everything and have not gone over my limit but although it is so good, it's not worth it! It's just not filling enough to count as a snack.

I did not gain any weight from then (I DID however gain a lb from Friday night when DH & I went on a date and I had 2 handfuls of popcorn at a midnight movie).

Trazey34
11-02-2009, 03:42 PM
Third year in a row NO CANDY HERE!!! I blush to think of the dozens and doznes - hundreds even!!! of mini chocolate bars i'd buy and polish off, wow.

HeaterAS
11-02-2009, 05:56 PM
I had candy. I didn't go overboard, but I had candy and tracked every bit of it. I think that in itself is an enormous step for myself so I am very proud of myself.

JasonsLea
11-02-2009, 07:01 PM
No candy, just a small cup of cinnamon-chocolate ice cream. It didn't bother me since it was portion controlled and I'm pretty sure I burned off the calories, and then some, with the almost 4 hours of walking I did that night. :D

better health3
11-02-2009, 08:20 PM
I had 2 fun sized Snickers on halloween, and 2 fun sized Baby Ruth today. I stayed in my caloric count. Progress not perfection.

LitChick
11-02-2009, 08:24 PM
I am so proud of myself this Halloween. I did not have one single piece of Halloween candy. A first!

What makes this such a big deal for me is that I am responsible for buying the snacks for our work break room and keeping it stocked. For the past few weeks I have bought and kept the large bowl of fun-sized candy bars stocked. So I am touching/seeing these bars daily, including some of my favorites like KitKats and Reese's. I haven't eaten one!

I also put together about a hundred goodie bags full of chocolate to give out to the trick-or-treaters - again, not one single bar or piece of candy did I eat.

Definitely a big accomplishment and NSV for me!

JustBeckyV
11-02-2009, 08:33 PM
No candy for me either - only cuz I didn't have it around me lol

waquilter
11-02-2009, 11:11 PM
No Halloween candy for me - that's the first time ever!

weebleswobble
11-02-2009, 11:20 PM
I had a sugar-free peppermint patty and we took a 90 minute walk that day!

ANewCreation
11-02-2009, 11:32 PM
Stayed on plan. Handed out candy for about 3 hours. Kept catching myself reaching for a treat but reminded myself I didn't need it and that really worked for me! At about 8pm handed out handfuls of candy to the last three boys that came by. No leftover candy to tempt me. Turned out the lights and it was over!

MugCanDoIt
11-03-2009, 01:59 PM
had way too much. Am ashamed. Up 3 lbs.
Hopefully some of its water. Ashamed.

TJFitnessDiva
11-04-2009, 04:00 AM
I had two packs of fun sized m&m's at 70 calories each....not bad :)