Old 11-01-2009, 05:37 PM   #1  
SMM

S/C/G: 222/219/130

Height: 5' 4"

Red face Starting Atkins today.

As it says below, I got on the scale today and it said 224. I'm not going to 225! So today is the day I am starting Atkins. It is not just a knee jerk reaction; I have been considering for a while. I have been reading 3FatChick off and on for years. I think joining in will help me along the way. Wish me luck! Stacey
SMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:00 PM   #2  

Good luck Stacey...Like you I have been in and out of 3fatchicks...I will be starting next Monday.....I worked all weekend and was not able to get to the store to load up my kitchen with Atkins friendly fare.....
JennHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:46 PM   #3  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi Stacey. Have you done atkins before? I love Atkins, it works great for me. Good luck with your first week!!
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:22 AM   #4  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

to Atkins Stacey & JennHill
Most important advice I can give you about Atkins....read the book before you begin the plan! (Punce, I know you've already done this) Drink your water, get some exercise and even when you may get discouraged, stick with it!
You CAN do this!
All the best to you!!!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:12 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/227.4/160

Height: 5'4"

Default new book?

I have the book, Diet Revolution but hear there is a new book on Atkins, with veggies and maybe fruits added? I am not now doing diet but am considering.
Lizabeth2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:17 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/227.4/160

Height: 5'4"

Default Why change is needed!!

Our daughter on her way to work saw a large billboard(the kind that changes every 5 seconds) She asked when I had done the advertisement? I didn't. Went to see ad. Older (much) with gray hair, very large, etc. I have nothing against older womenI am one. And am large.LOL! But, told her that if that is how I look I need to see someone tomorrow(which is today) about losing weight because I can't do it alone. My downfall seems to be carbs(breads and sugars) So, with some really good support maybe this will do it(Atkins) Thanks all!
Lizabeth2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:33 AM   #7  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizabeth2 View Post
I have the book, Diet Revolution but hear there is a new book on Atkins, with veggies and maybe fruits added? I am not now doing diet but am considering.
Dr. Atkins Diet Revolution is the original version of the plan....what we refer to around here at "Atkins 72".
Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution, is the newer version of the plan ....which is basically 20 net carbs (total carbs minus dietary fiber) per day of foods only on the acceptable foods list. On this plan, 12-15 of your 20 carbs for the day should be coming from veggies & salad. The important thing about the new version of the book is to get a 2002 or prior edition....anything after 2003 (when Dr. Atkins passed away), has been "edited" by Atkins Nutritionals Inc. and does not adhere to the way Dr. Atkins wrote the plan.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:47 AM   #8  
SMM

S/C/G: 222/219/130

Height: 5' 4"

Thank you all. I have done Atkins before and I have even have the old book. I lost about 20 pounds several years ago, and then just stopped for some reason! At that point I was down to 185 or so, and I have gone up ever since. I tried to buy the ketostix yesterday and could not find them in the pharmacy. In the past they were just on the shelf, but I guess I am going to have to ask. I got to change my start weight to 222, however as my husband convinced me our scale was off. A nice even number, that will be my highest weight of all time, even pregnant! I feel like 222 is a turning point for me. Stacey
SMM is offline   Reply With Quote