WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatters for November

View Full Version : Thursday Chatters for November

auntie
11-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Hi,

At one time or another we either weighed in on Thursday or thought about weighing in on Thursday. We are a very supportive group! We would love for you to join us!

Can you believe .... I remembered to start the new thread???

Tammy
11-01-2009, 04:12 PM
Susan, I am so proud of you for remembering to start us off for November! Thank you very much!!

auntie
11-01-2009, 04:16 PM
Ok....... can't believe that November is here!!!

Daddy is doing pretty well! Pat is doing good. The band played last night, I stayed home. I ended up with a migraine so I'm glad I did. My foot is great! Glad I had the surgery!

Now get this, I had a workshop after school on Wed. On the way home, Pat calls to say he is going to the ER with MY dog! The 2 females got into a fight. He wanted me to check Lilah out when I got home. I walked into the barn and there was blood every where!!! It looked like a crime scene. I just knew he was going to call and say Baby didn't make it. He finally called as I was cleaning and said she was really torn up (I could see that) and she would stay the night. The vet called and said she was all sewen up and had lost a ot of blood. Pat picked her the next morning to stay at our vets during the day and for more IV fluids. She has a bunch of stitches on top of her head both sides of her mouth, and on both front legs in several places. The other dog (Lilah) was covered in blood but on had minor injuries. Right now, Baby is living in our spare bathroom with serves as a pet infirmary. She comes out when we are home and is currently laying next to me on the floor. She was restless so I sat on the floor and she laid right down. She barks when she needs to go out. She has never been an inside dog. We got her at 6 months old when she showed up. Poor thing, I feel so bad for her!!!

Maureen, how exciting about your new place!

Tina, I had a good cry when my folks moved from the house I grew up in, plus when we moved out of the apartment. Now go figure! Too bad that closing was moved back a week!

Tammy, what's new in your neck of the woods?

Off to do lesson plans. I've put it off as long as possible.

Mimi4fun
11-01-2009, 04:39 PM
Sorry I have been MIA but will try very hard to check in every day. I actually got out and walked this afternoon (about 2K or 1 mile). As long as its not slippery or pouring rain I'm going to try keeping it up.
Thanks for starting the new thread Susan, hope your dog is feeling better soon, but will you have to keep the two dogs separated now?
Tina the first few days I really missed the house and sometimes I hate being in the apartment but I feel so much better now that all those horrible credit cards are paid off, and I have a good cushion that hopefully will last until I retire. Then I can get a guaranteed income from the government.
Maureen, congratulations on the condo. Ultimately that is what I would like to do too. I have to see, maybe I will be moving out west and buy there. I don't know if I told everyone but my younger son Dan is a nurse in Fort McMurray now (thats way up north for you southern gals).
Hey I tried that WW recipe with the stuffing mix before and it was really good, thanks for posting it Tina. Just watch the size of the chicken breasts. I bought some on sale the other day (skinless but with bone for $1.99 a pound) when I came home and weighed them there were a few that were 14 ounces even without the bone I bet they are 10 a piece, WHEW!!

Tina
11-01-2009, 06:04 PM
Happy November!
Susan, thanks so much for starting us off. I hope everyone will find us here. :)
Susan, I'm sorry about your dog. I hope you keep it inside. Take care of those migranes.
Tammy, are you ready to go back to FL? When do you go to Jekyl Island?

Mimi, good for you for walking. Glad you told me about those chicken breasts, too. I'll have to watch that.

Jeanne, how are you doing? Are you staying away from those donuts? :lol:
Dori, let us hear from you.

Maureen, what colors are you painting your condo?

Our realtor said she would call us tomorrow about the closing date. We'll see. I'll believe it when I acutally get to the closing.
:flow1:

maureen kempster
11-01-2009, 10:39 PM
Good evening
Susan, sorry about your dogs-hope they're okay. I know you had surgery on your foot-what was it for? I have hammer toes & I've been wondering about getting something done about them but kind of scared.

Tina-my brother in law will put laminate flooring in for me before I move in(if the inspection is okay) and I think I'll opt for browns/beige tones-not sure-
Mimi-I just moved back east(almost a year now will be in december) from alberta(edmonton) are you sure you'd want to live in Fort Mac? It's pretty expensive there for rents etc-My 3 three sons still live out there 2 in edmonton and 1 in calgary. I'm still debating whether I'm going to go out west for Christmas-I have to make up my mind soon-it's almost here.-I'll know by the end of the week(probably thursday) if everything is okay with the condo-I'm excited.

well let's hope we manage to stay fairly close to program tomorrow

talk to you all soon

maureen

Tammy
11-01-2009, 10:57 PM
Susan, glad to hear about your dad and Pat, but so sorry about the dog issue! Have the 2 dogs ever had problems before? What's new with me? The new session starts tomorrow at the Y, so I'm back at it. It's the same as last session (aerobics 9:00 on M-W-F, zumba 7:00 pm T-Th) except that I'm adding a zumba class on Tuesday morning and a cycling class on Wednesday morning. Both of those classes are more beginner type, but I wanted to do them in case I can't get to my night classes on T-Th.

Mimi, good for you for getting out and walking. I don't blame you for not doing it when it's raining. Getting bills paid down is always a wonderful feeling.

Tina, I leave on Dec. 26 for Vero Beach, FL. I'll be there a few days, then I'll head to Jekyll Island for a week. From there I go to Hilton Head. Not sure if I'm coming straight home after that, or if I want to go on another adventure. Let us know when you hear from the realtor. Hope it's tomorrow.

Maureen, it's always fun making decisions on how you will decorate a new place. You'll have to keep us updated on the progress. I agree about trying to all stay on program!

Tammy
11-03-2009, 09:40 AM
Bummed. I was the only one signed up for the Zumba class this morning. They have to have 5 to have the class. So much for that. I guess I can sleep late on Tuesdays now.

I miss the zumba class tonight and Thursday night. Tonight I have an Emmaus Board meeting. Thursday night the Emmaus Walk weekend starts. I'm on the team again, so I won't be on here all weekend. I always enjoy these weekends even though I end up exhausted.

Mimi4fun
11-03-2009, 10:21 AM
Well it looks like my body decided to hang onto its fat this week (it couldn't have been those treats I gobbled up Sat night). No weight loss for this week. Well we all have been at it long enough to know that next week will be better. I have been getting out and walking so maybe its muscle RIGHT??????
Tammy what is Zumba?
Of to the vets with Eddie this afternoon. I am sure the assistants will come in to the room with their armour on after last time. Wish me luck.!!!!

Tina
11-03-2009, 10:25 AM
Bummed--
Tammy, I'm sorry about the Zumba class. Think of it this way, you won't get so sore in the morninings! :D
We are also "bummed" because the lender is dragging their feet on our closing. Not one but TWO underwriters have to sign off on the loan. Grr...
Supposedly, she would finish last night and sign off. Surely we will get this thing sold this week. :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

Everyone have a great OP day!

Tina
11-03-2009, 10:28 AM
Mimi, We were writing at the same time. :)
How old is Eddie now? I think you had just gotten him the last time you were online.
I do believe that muscle plays a large (he..he..) part in not losing.

Tina
11-03-2009, 11:10 PM
Hi all,
I just started our November weigh-in results thread.

:turkey:

Tammy
11-04-2009, 12:29 AM
Mimi, had to laugh about eating the treats on Sat. night. That'll do it I guess.
Zumba is a Latin Music dance class. It is so much fun! I agree about the muscle!!

Tina, true about not getting sore. I'll also get my $ back or apply it to a class next session. Do you need me to come down there and get those people on the ball? I'd do that you know!

auntie
11-04-2009, 12:31 AM
Bummed here too!! No loss either! Plus have had a headache for about 10 days. It on and off. I went to our school nurse ans said I had a low grade fever! Hmmmmm, I took a decongestant when I got home.darn head feels a little better. I did nothing tonight. I go next week for my yearly checkup so I'll mention the headaches then. I thinkits the weather!

Mimi, good job walking!

Tammy, bummer about zumba. I would do it with you and we could laugh the whole way through it!

Tina, need us to come speed things up? You know we will!

I need to lose about 30 pounds by next Thursday! Any ideas???:)

Tammy
11-04-2009, 07:33 PM
Susan, after I fell at Disney, I had a headache for several days. It went away as soon as the chiropractor worked on me. Hope you get to feeling better soon!

I wish we could all do Zumba together! We would have a blast!!

30 pounds by next Thursday? I'm sure there is something you could cut off that would help. I am always thinking about doing that.

Today was the first cycling class for the session at the Y. It was titled Senior Cycling. OMG! I don't know of any senior (or very few) who could have done that class. There was one other woman in the class, she is 65 I think, and she didn't really do what the instructor was telling us. Her heart rate got up to 120 as her highest. Mine was up to 180! Yikes! I was beat afterwards, and it is only a 30 minute class!

I told the instructor that I think it should be advertised as a beginning cycling class because there are plenty of younger people who could benefit from this class instead of going right into the super intense one.

I had finished my aerobics class 30 minutes before this one started, so I was tired from that, but my goodness! I also know that I want to get a cushy seat cover to use next week. VERY SORE!

I didn't go to my First Place class tonight. Thought it was silly to drive that far, get weighed, and turn around and come home. Tonight is set-up for the Emmaus Walk, so I've been running around here like a goof. Tim is here, and he told me to SIT DOWN! He was very forceful, so here I am. He said that I was acting like I had never been on an Emmaus Team before. lol I think this is 8th or 9th.

Well, I think I'll play some games for a while!

Tina
11-04-2009, 09:33 PM
LOL
Tammy, I can just hear Tim telling you to sit down. :lol: You still had energy after all that exercising! Wow!!!

Susan, I'm so sorry about your headache. I hope you get relief very soon.

I'm going to my doctor tomorow. It's my 6 month check after the blood clots. Hopefully, he'll say no more Coumadin.
I've been very tired for several days. Could it be from moving???? :)

I hope everyone had a great OP day.

maureen kempster
11-04-2009, 09:52 PM
Hi everyone
Tammy, I get tired reading about all your exercise classes lol-and watch it about the seniors there-i'm 62 - i still feel middle aged-not quite sure how old I think I'm going to live until-just been working hard up here-and not really paying attention to what I'm eating-I'm getting the condo-so I take possession jan 15th-tomorrow I'll get a hold of my bank and go from there-I have been pre approved so I'm not worried about the financial end.

well hope all are well and let's try and have a good day on program tomorrow

take care

maureen

Mimi4fun
11-04-2009, 10:45 PM
Wow we all have been so busy, I get tired just reading it.
Tina you KNOW that stress makes you tired and you certainly have been under it especially lately.
Here's a laugh for you I don't know if I mentioned it here but Eddie had a panic attack when we were selling the house. I guess all those people coming and going. The vet told me yesterday to just give him a valium when he is acting up, as though everyone just has a bunch in their medicine cabinet. I don't think he believed me when I said I didn't.
I had my H1N1 shot today and my arm isn't even sore. Doc told me if I didn't react its because I was already immune. So now I feel guilty for getting a shot that someone else could have had. Oh well you can't win,
Went out for supper tonight too, I;m getting tired of chicken and salad.
Maureen do you have a lot of stuff to move?
Tammy your energy amazes me. And yes I would love to rumba my bumba in your zumba class maybe we can all link up and do it in front of our computers.
Susan hows your dog doing?? Do you think the headache might be allergies?

Tammy
11-05-2009, 11:13 AM
Tina, hope you get a good report from the doctor. Yes, the think being tired has something to do with the moving!!

Maureen, I didn't mean it as a slam against seniors. This class would be tough for anyone who has never cycled before. I've been exercising, and it was really tough for me. Glad it was only 30 minutes. Hooray for the condo!!

Mimi, oh my gosh to Eddie and the panic attacks! LOL to having valium in the cupboard! I don't think we've ever had any here. doing zumba in front of the computers at the same time would be funny!

the Emmaus Walk starts tonight, so I won't be on here again until Monday probably. Everyone have a great weekend!!!

Caleighsmommy
11-05-2009, 04:47 PM
Hey girls ! How is everyone, if you don't mind I'd like to join this thread :)
I joined ww three weeks ago, first week lost 5.4lbs, GREAT I was estatic. Second week I ate good, exercised but used all my bonus points, thought I would see a loss but actually went up 1.4 Lbs. That made me discouraged and come halloween I ate everything in site and have been doing so for the last week. so even though i know i am going to see another gain when i go to my meeting and weigh in tonight im still going to go. normally i would just give up altogether if this happened before but i am changing that. last week at our meeting my leader told us a quote "If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got" So I'm gonna start a fresh week, no guilt and work my butt off and next week have a good weigh in : )

Mimi4fun
11-05-2009, 04:56 PM
Welcome C'smom we have all been there and done that, yes please go tonight I hope your leader will have some words of encouragment for you. Just know I am feeling your pain. Now forget about feeling guilty and Learn from the experience. If you are a sugar addict like I am there is no having just one unless its one bag. Thats the only way I can do it is think of sweets like a drug and avoid whenever possible.

Caleighsmommy
11-05-2009, 08:04 PM
Thanks Mimi, I'm not a sugar addict, more like a food addict haha I get in moods where I binge and just eat anything and everything I can get my hands on, whether I'm hungry or not. That was the first time in months and I hope not to let it happen again, and if it does not to let it go on for a week lol.

I just got home from my meeting a little while ago, I was up 1.2 lbs, which is not bad at all considering how bad I was eating. Looking on the brightside I'm still down 2.8 from when I started 3 weeks ago. I ate very well today and I'm going to exercise now. Hoping for a good number next week.

Tina
11-06-2009, 12:06 AM
Caleighsmommy,
Welcome to our great group of losers.
I like it that you aren't down abut the gain. You can do this!!!!!

Tina

Tina
11-08-2009, 07:56 PM
Happy weekend!
How's everyone doing this nice Sunday?
I have to tell you that I'm finally off of Coumadin. :carrot: I'm sooooo very happy. It was 6 mos. and 2 days when I saw my doctor. He said I could get off. I go back in two weeks for blood work to be sure I don't have a genetic tendency toward blood clots. I'm sure that I don't.
So, the past couple of days I've been eating all the green salad that I can get may hands on. :) Oh, and I've been eating peanut butter, too. :lol:

Everyone have a good rest of Sunday.

Tina
11-08-2009, 07:57 PM
Happy weekend!
How's everyone doing this nice Sunday?
I have to tell you that I'm finally off of Coumadin. :carrot: I'm sooooo very happy. It was 6 mos. and 2 days when I saw my doctor. He said I could get off. I go back in two weeks for blood work to be sure I don't have a genetic tendency toward blood clots. I'm sure that I don't.
So, the past couple of days I've been eating all the green salad that I can get may hands on. :) Oh, and I've been eating peanut butter, too. :lol:

Everyone have a good rest of Sunday.

Tina
11-10-2009, 01:37 PM
Where is everyone????? Maybe you are out exercising. ;)

I have great news----we finished our house closing and have the money in the bank now. It's finally all over with. Now I can get on with living in a tiny apartment for a few months. :lol:
Tonight, Larry and I are going to start going to the apartment gym. It's full of all types of equipment. I'm anxious to start again.
Hope everyone is well.

Mimi4fun
11-10-2009, 08:52 PM
Well I'm so glad to hear that Tina whew I'll bet your stomach was in knots, and hurray no more blood thinners. esp. that one very hard to take.
I was down 1 pound this week, and have been out walking almost every day. Its been so beautiful out sunny and mid teens in temp. (that low sixties for y'all)
I have also been taking an online medical course that is very intense so my brain is getting a good workout too.
I thought I had missed checking in but well no news is good news right?

auntie
11-10-2009, 08:53 PM
YEA!!!!!! let's celebrate!!!!!!!! Congratulations Tina!!

Well, Saturday I slept All day!!! I felt better Sunday. Then had jury duty yesterday, I got out at 9:45. So I came home and just did nothing! Took a nap. I feel much better today! I think this bug has been horrible. It's the first day without a headache too. I was beginning to think something was really wrong.

I go Thursday for my yearly checkup! Yuck! Love my doctor but not looking forward to going.

maureen kempster
11-11-2009, 07:04 AM
Hi everyone

Tina, I'm so happy everything is completed-big relief for you I'll bet-so are you and Larry going to buy again or stay in the apartment? Mimi way to go with the loss-I'm not too far from you now(Ottawa) and it's been nice here too but I haven't been doing too much extra walking-I normally do a lot anyway-at work the way the building is set up I go up and down stairs sometimes 20 times a day so I get a bit of a work out there. Glad you're feeling better Susan. I go see the bank tomorrow to finalize the financing but I get possession I think I may have mentioned - January 15-so will probably move in the last weekend in jan-I booked my flight to Calgary for Christmas - did that on Friday-looking forward to going now-until I bought my place I was a little afraid to go back because I don't think I would have wanted to return. Now I have something to come back to.
Well let's all have a good day on program

talk to you later

maureen

Mimi4fun
11-11-2009, 08:30 PM
I made easy cabbage rolls for supper tonight so good. I've decide not to make a bunch of holiday treats this year esp. since Mike isn't a sweet eater (thats why he is the slim one in the family). I guess I will make his favourite chex mix. I don't crave it and the points won;t be too high. I had a muffin when I was out yesterday and checked the points whenI came home ((((((12 %$@%))) points and that was without the butter I could have had 2 doughnuts and spent less points, and it wasn;t even that good.
Anyone have some good low point treats for Christmas, would merigues with pecans be good?

jar1965
11-11-2009, 08:53 PM
Yay Tina! I'm soo happy for you!!!!!!!!

auntie
11-11-2009, 10:04 PM
Hi,
You are never going to believe this.... I was thinking that maybe I should cancel my gym membership since I don't go that often. At least I'm not on a roll. I started looking at different clubs. I finally called my club and asked about the pool. I've been a member for 3 years and never have been in the pool. The guy called me back and was really sweet. I got to thinking that when I was at my thinnest, I jogged in the pool 30 minutes several times a week. I grabbed my stuff this morning for the gym, thought I'll take my swimsuit, shoes and gloves........ I was going to have to get up the nerve to get in the pool. I did it!!! :carrot: I swam for 35 minutes or jogged in the pool. I used a kick board and didn't stop moving the entire time. I almost couldn't get out of the pool because my legs were so wobbly. I'm going tomorrow. I just may get on a roll!

Tina
11-11-2009, 10:37 PM
Hi,
I haven't been receiving messages about posts. :(

I've been trying to take it easy the last couple of days. It's nice to have some normalcy back.

Maureen, we're going to buy a town house. This apartment is beautiful but way too small for us. I've got boxes in the dining room because there's no room in the kitchen. :lol:
Wow, you walk a whole lot every day.

Mimi, off hand, I have a low fat fudge recipe. I'll look in my recipe box and let you know if I can find it. Congratulations for being down a pound!

Susan, I'm so sorry you've been so sick. Good for you going to the pool at the gym. That will be a great workout.

Tammy, how was your weekend?????

Jeanne, tell us about your job.

Sis, how are you?

Harlie and Dori, what's going on with y'all?

Today, I bought a little Butterball turkey breast. I'll fix it for us but we'll be going to my sister's for Thanksgiving. I wanted to have everyone here but there's no room in this tiny apt.
I have everything to make a low fat pumpkin pie.

Tammy
11-14-2009, 11:53 PM
I'm to this page finally, and I'm afraid to go back and read posts that I missed because I'm afraid it will go away again! I've been trying all week to get in here!!

The Emmaus Walk Weekend was wonderful. I am still tired, but I always am. I have still made it to most of my classes at the Y this week though.

Susan, good for you for getting into the pool! The other day I was thinking about just going and walking/jogging in the pool during the day when it isn't so busy. LOL to wobbly legs. That's how I feel when I get off of that silly bike in the cycling class!

Tina, congrats on meeting your goal!!!! Woo hoo!!! People could sit on the boxes in your dining room if they came there for Thanksgiving!

We (Tim, Lauren, and I) are going to my aunt and uncle's house on Thanksgiving. Bob, Tim, and I have done that ever since my parents passed away. My brothers usually go to their inlaws, so my aunt wanted us to have a place to go. Looking forward to the day because we always have so much fun playing games and drinking a little wine. lol

Tammy
11-15-2009, 12:04 AM
I just posted on the last page, and then I came to this page to read posts. So far I am still here!!! It hasn't gone away YET!

Welcome to Caleighsmommy!! Good for you for getting "back on the wagon" after the gain. You will do great!!!

Tina, great to being off the coumadin! I would be doing the lettuce and peanut butter too! You have the money in the bank, so let's have a big party! How do you like the gym at the apartment? I'm sure it is nice getting back into the exercise. Bob and I used to go to the Y together, and it was always fun to walk and talk on the track or for Bob to laugh at me while I was using some of the machines.

Mimi, good for you for the walking!! I need to remember to wear my pedometer more often on the days that I'm not doing classes. I like to know how far I'm walking. Good luck on the online class you are taking. Cabbage rolls sound really good. My mom used to make them. Yikes to the muffin!!!

Susan, glad to hear the headache is gone! yearly checkup. Hmmm. I think that will be coming up in a couple of months for me. My doctor told the nurse last year (or the year before) that he and I are growing old together. I've gone to him for 26 years I think.

Maureen, I'm sure you are getting excited about getting into the new place!

Tina
11-15-2009, 12:21 AM
Yea!!!!! I finally got back on, too. I wonder what was happening on here?
I looked at the main page but didn't see anything about it. At least I wasn't the only one having trouble.

Tammy, the money is in the bank but we can't get to most of it. :( It's something about the bank having to verify everything. Oh well, we don't need it for a few days. :lol:

Susan, good for you for swimming so much.

How is everyone doing? I hope everyone sees that they can get back here again.

Mimi4fun
11-16-2009, 08:56 PM
Wow I thought it was my computer server, anyways. wishing each and every one of you a Happy Thanksgiving. Pumpkin Pie is one of my favourites and also happens to be just about the lowest calories(minus the crust). and Turkeymmmmm. Making myself hungry.
I'm down again this week for 15 pounds in 5 weeks so I am really happy, and my son gave me an early birthday present of an MP3 player so I could listen to my talking books while I walk. So I downloaded Beloved and have started listening to it. WALK WALK WALK

Tina
11-16-2009, 10:40 PM
Mimi, when is your birthday??????

Mimi4fun
11-18-2009, 12:31 AM
a few weeks away, never celebrated muchbecause its so close to Christmas but son and his gal are taking me to red Lobster. Do you think deep fried coconut shrimp are high in points.:p

Mimi4fun
11-18-2009, 12:35 AM
I'm not receiving notices of posts either, I just figured everyone was really quiet or I had deleted by accident. (You know those days whenyou check your emails and there are 50+ messages waiting?)

Tammy
11-18-2009, 01:44 AM
Mimi, that's great about the 15 pounds! The mp3 player will make the walking more enjoyable. Yum! I love Red Lobster!!! I'm sure that shrimp doesn't have any points at all. Just eat it with your eyes closed.

Tina
11-18-2009, 11:52 AM
I just lost my LONG post. :(:(:(

Anyway, :bday2: Mimi!!!!!

Caleighsmommy
11-20-2009, 08:16 AM
I posted here last week but it's gone now :S lol Last week I lost 3.8 and last night at my weigh in I was down another 3.8, bringing my total to 10.4 : )

Tina
11-20-2009, 11:19 AM
Caleighsmommy---congratulations!!!!!!! You are doing sooooo good. It's Fantastic!

Tina
11-20-2009, 03:10 PM
Hi,
I just wanted to remind everyone that we have another thread----It's the Thursday Weigh-In Results.
Please go there, too, to post your scale results. We have some new members over there. Let's make them welcome so they keep returning!

Mimi4fun
11-20-2009, 09:04 PM
Pumpkin Dessert
Just made a yummy pumpkin dessert 6 points for the whole thing
In 1 cup 1% milk add
1/2 cup splenda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 packaged sugar free jello pudding vanilla or lemon might be good too
1 small can 12-16 ounces pure pumpkin
blend the milk with seasoning and splenda, add pudding mix
quickly put pudding in a bowl and fold in the pumpkin.
I divided it into 3 dishes (2 points each)
I put 2 T of 1/2 and 1/2 over top for 1 more point.
so good you will never miss the pie (well maybe not)
Happy Thanksgiving

Tina
11-20-2009, 10:59 PM
Mimi, this sounds delicious. I've got everything but the pudding mix which I will buy tomorrow. I might try it with the lite half and half.
Thanks for the recipe.

maureen kempster
11-21-2009, 08:11 PM
Hi all
Mimi, I just made your pumpkin dessert-I guess I'll try it tomorrow-it was nice and easy to make-
Tina, have you been using the gym in your apartment building?
I just seem to be at a stand still-no motivation-I really really have to do something and soon-
Susan-did you say you joined WW on line? if so, how's it going?
Tammy, are you still as busy as ever? I get tired reading all about your activities-I wish I could lose the weight reading about it too lol

anyway have a great weekend(what's left of it) I want to go and watch the Mentalist-does anyone else watch that show? I really like it
More later or tomorrow
have a great evening

maureen

maureen kempster
11-22-2009, 12:58 PM
Hi everyone
Mimi-I'm eating your pumpkin pudding dessert-it's very nice-and it's satisfying

thanks for the recipe

maureen

Tammy
11-22-2009, 11:36 PM
Mimi, that dessert sounds yummy!

Maureen, I have seen the Mentalist a few times. I like it, so I don't know why I don't make it a point to see it.

Before I went to Disney, I had been to my doctor and talked to him about going off of the Prozac. My main reason was because I think it has hampered my weight loss. He agreed to wean me off of it, and I've been totally off of it for about 2 weeks. About 1 1/2 weeks ago, I started hurting, and it hasn't gotten any better. Sometimes I can barely move. Tim told me that this is exactly how I was before I was diagnosed with fibro. I talked to my cousin, a nurse, who also has problems with pain, and she told me that she figures the Prozac was helping with the fibro pain as well as my other meds. I'm going to call the doctor in the morning, and hopefully get in to see him tomorrow. I can't get in to see the rheumatologist until Jan. 19! I can't keep going like this. I have still tried to go to my one class in the morning, but I sit for part of it, and I am using very light weights. I'm afraid that if I don't keep going, I'll just end up crawling into bed and staying there. I did that for a while after Bob died, and I don't want that again.

Hope everyone is doing well! Have a great week!

Tina
11-23-2009, 11:52 AM
Hi all,
Maureen---I really like The Mentalist. It's one show that seems to be getting better with age. :) And yes, I've been to the apartment gym. Haven't gone often because I had a big toe nail that was digging into the skin. Ouch!
I finally got to get a pedicure (after getting off the blood thinner) and that took care of the Ouch. :lol: In fact, I'm going to use the treadmill this afternoon. This morning, I need to hit the grocery store one more time for my fresh produce.

Mimi, I'm going to make your dessert today. I can't wait to try it.

Tammy, I am so sorry you are having the pain again. It's so strange that a medicine, we think is just for one reason, can help lots of other things. Maybe he could put you on a low dose and see if a little would help you. Please keep going to your classes!

Susan, how are you doing?

There are several members who haven't been here in ages. We miss you sooooo much when you don't post. :cry::cry::cry:

Oh, we put in an offer on a place. I'll let you know what happens.

Tammy
11-23-2009, 12:27 PM
Just returned from the doctor. He is starting me on Cymbalta, a medicine for depression and fibromyalgia. He had enough samples for me for a month, so I'll see how it goes before I get the prescription filled. Tina, the dose of prozac that I was on was the lowest it comes in. It's a capsule so I couldn't cut it in half. The doctor was glad that moodwise I am doing well. He commented on me smiling and joking around like normal even though I'm hurting.

I missed my class this morning because the appointment was the same time, but I plan to go on Wed. and Fri. I am even thinking about going to water aerobics tonight. I'm not signed up for it, but the instructor emailed me and asked me to come.

tina, congratulations on putting an offer on a place!!! Hope it works out for you!!

maureen kempster
11-23-2009, 07:07 PM
Tammy, I hope you feel better soon-
Tina, good luck on the offer-you'll get it! is it a townhouse?
I'm starting to get anxious about moving-won't be until the end of January.
I'm going to Calgary and Edmonton for Christmas-I leave December 19 and return December 30th.not sure how I feel about going.
have a good evening everyone
maureen

Tina
11-23-2009, 07:30 PM
Townhouse deal didn't work. They refused to even counter our offer. Talk about snobs!!!!! The offer had to be at least $45,000.00 more than ours for them to even consider it.

Mimi4fun
11-24-2009, 11:35 AM
Well Tina maybe after they sit with no other offers for a while they will reconsider. Good luck and keep looking I'm sure there is lots out there to look at.

Tammy I was diagnosed with fibro as well, for the most part the meds help but Sunday I picked up a couple of grocery bags and my shoulders and neck are still ultra tender. So hard to sleep. The water exercise sounds good esp if the water is nice and warm.

Maureen glad you liked the pudding. I just love pumpkin pie so I just had to find a lower cal version and of course the pumpkin is very low in cal and high in fiber. Can I come in your suitcase when you go out west?

OK I guess I messed up last week thinking it was Thanksgiving. So I will say it again.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tina
11-26-2009, 07:12 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!!!!

Wow, I thought I'd never get on here. I tried last night but "the server was too busy."
Anyway, I hope you all have had a great day. It was sad without our mother this year. But, we did all right.
I'm tooting my horn here because I had only one serving of things. (We always serve buffet style.) I passed on the mashed potatoes and rolls. I did eat lots of my dressing (Mother's recipe.). Then, I told everyone that I was still finishing up my food so I wouldn't have to eat dessert. :lol:

How did y'all handle today?

maureen kempster
11-26-2009, 07:55 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all you American Ladies-I hope you all had a great day

maureen

maureen kempster
11-30-2009, 12:03 PM
Good morning all
where's everyone been? I'll bet you're all out shopping! I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. Here it is the last day of November-the time just flies-19 more days and I'll be in Calgary visiting my oldest son and his wife then on the 22nd I'll be in Edmonton visiting my 2 younger sons for Christmas-I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to it or not-Tina, how's the house hunting going? Tammy, are you still going like a mad woman-like I said-I should lose some weight just reading about all your activites LOL-Mimi-I'll pick you up on the way out west!!

well I hope we all have a great day on program-I took today off(sick) went & got my H1N1 shot and then going to transfer my driver's license from Alberta to Quebec. We had a bit of snow on the ground when I woke up this morning doesn't look like it'll stay though

bye for now
maureen

Tina
11-30-2009, 01:26 PM
Hi all,
I have the hardest time getting on here sometimes. :(
Maureen, you keep us going. Thanks!!!!! :):):)
I'm sorry you are sick today. Wow, you got an H1N1 shot! it's almost impossible to get one of those in the States. My dr. said that I didn't "qualify" for one even if they were readily available. I guess I'll just have to keep washing my hands and stay away from sick children. :lol:

House hunting is at a standstill for now. I think we'll take December off. I'm watching a couple of places that are expensive. Surely they will lower their prices by the end of the year. We are very comfortable in our little apartment, except for the kitchen having NO storage space.

Tammy, are you feeling better with that new medicine?
Susan, did you get down to San Antonio? I hope the family gathering was fun and not stressful.
Jeanne, we miss hearing from you.
Mimi, how are you doing?

Sis, harlie, Dori, everyone-------where are y'all?????

I've got to get to the apartment gym and walk on that treadmill. The scales in the ob/gyn's office today showed that I'd gained 3 pounds over the holdays. That will have to come off quickly.

Tina

Tammy
11-30-2009, 09:10 PM
Sorry I haven't been on here. Seems like there is always something going on.
The Cymbalta seems to be working! I was on 30 mg for a week, and today I started 60 mg. I got a bit dizzy during class this morning, so I toned it down a bit. Hoping that doesn't happen often. Being out of pain is so nice!

Thanksgiving get-togethers were lots of fun. Good food and good company.

Maureen, I have slowed down a bit. When I went off of the one medicine, I was really in alot of pain, so I wasn't able to do much. I won't be signing up for as many classes next session. I decided that sometimes I need to just stay home. We haven't had any snow yet, but I'm sure it will be here soon. I'm sure when you get to visit with your sons, you'll have a good time.

Tina, I'm sure those 3 pounds will be gone before you know it! Taking off till after the first of the year on looking for a new home sounds like a good idea.

I went to the chiropractor today. When I got there, the parking lot was full and I had to park down the street. That wasn't a good sign. Went inside and the waiting room was full. It is never like that. I don't know what happened, but there were VERY far behind. After about 10 minutes, I went up to the receptionist and asked if I could reschedule for later in the week. I could tell she was relieved about it. That would be one less for today so that would help a little. I go now on Wednesday.

jar1965
12-01-2009, 03:28 PM
Hi everyone! I miss you! I'm one of the "several" members Tina was referring too! hahah! love you girl! I had tried to get on a couple of different times and was also unsuccessful!
As some of you know my company closed one of our stores. (mine)!!! So I relocated and I do not have an office or a computer or any of the perks that I used to have. At first it was all pretty depressing. Now, I travel between all of our stores, call my car my office and am able to stop at home and let the dog out or throw dinner in the crock pot. Yea, I think I'm starting to like it again. haha
My weight loss.........well, I have nothing new to report there. I do feel a llittle better not being exposed to and eating all the bulk chocolate. I may have lost a pound or two just because of that, but I haven't checked. I haven't been getting any exercise either. Urgh!
I will turn over a new leaf starting dec. 1 to read and post more often. I would start the december thread, but feel like a heal for not being here.
Well I'm on my laptop at the Pittsburgh store so I better scoot. You all take care!
*hugs*

Tina
12-02-2009, 05:19 PM
Starting a new thread----Do Not Post Here!