Faith Based Support Groups - CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGERS ~ November

View Full Version : CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGERS ~ November

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-01-2009, 11:48 AM
You've found a great place to come and vent, share, or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring, and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servent's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvellous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-01-2009, 12:30 PM
HI EVERYONE ~ we awoke to some beautiful :sunny: this blessed Sunday morn; did get some of the ***** stuff, but the bad weather held off for the kiddies (so my prayers were answered)!

We had 24 kiddies come to the door and we delivered a bag of the leftovers to some neighbours kids who were too sick to go treating; actually the whole family is down with a terrible flu; and Dad sure appreciated the gift! We really enjoyed ourselves seeing the kiddies and their costumes and talking to them too!

Hope you all have a Superbly Serene Sunday!!! :hug:

CountingDown
11-01-2009, 01:07 PM
Hi all - happy November!

Gary - loved the pics and left a comment over there. Thanks for posting them, and congrats on the trophy :)

A beautiful crisp fall day here. Still a bit gray, but at least the rain and wind have stopped.

I hope to spend the afternoon cooking for the week ahead. I did get fabric to do the curtains in the upstairs bedroom too.

Oh, and I found a felted mitten pattern, so I think I will take a break from my latest sweater and make a pair of mittens. I'm thinking they will go fast, and if I like them, I could make a couple more pairs for Christmas gifts :)

Hope you all had a BLESSED Sunday

iriswhispers
11-01-2009, 05:57 PM
Church was emptier than usual this morning (early service is usually pretty small) because several families were out with one or more family members having the flu.

I'm very excited though because apparently the church DOES have a choir, just not in the summer. A lot of things here shut down in the summer because it's so hot. So they will be starting up next week, and I think I'm going to do it.

Now I need to go check out these pictures... =)

EZMONEY
11-01-2009, 07:35 PM
HI GALS ~

We had a decent turnout for church today. Glad you have a choir IRIS..music really makes the service sometimes doesn't it?! Angie played bells at both services...we usually go for breakfast in between...the Sunday school hour is in between 8:00 and 10:30 services. Today we decided to go to Vicar's bible study class since Angie couldn't eat...way cool...glad we did...I learned so much just on the 4th Word of the Bible in Genesis...God! The Hebrew plural of it...wow...you can always learn can't you! Don't ask me to explain...lol....

I added some more pictures in the Trophy Wench thread... thanks for the replies gals!

Not much going on here today...but I have to eat in private...kidding...Angie is getting a colonoscopy and a endoscopy...going in both ends! So she is "cleansing"....jello and broth...that's not gonna do it for me...wink

My sister came over this afternnon and Angie worked with her on the yoga and relaxation stuff. She is doing about as well as she can I suppose...first batch of chemo done.

Well Ladies I will check in later...be good

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-01-2009, 08:36 PM
GARY ~ the pictures and costumes are great: not surprised you won a trophy at all! And, I just luv those girls --Reba and Riley, I mean; look at those smiles: precious ...

Oh, and prayers going up for ANGELA that the tests all go smoothly and good results too!

PRAYER REQUEST ~ I put a small request in the Prayer Warrior's thread for tomorrow AM (8:30 am) as I am having a top tooth removed at that time; would appreciate a small prayer that all goes and heals well. I almost forgot about it and just saw it on my calendar ... so thanks so much! :hug:

Karen31
11-01-2009, 08:48 PM
Gary, glad to hear that your sister and Angie can do this together and get the support that I know Angie gives her. Will pray that Aniges tests all come back with positive reports!!

My Aunt is doing Wonderful. Thanks for all the prayers! She had bought a little Yorkie about 3 weeks before she had her surgery and I'm so glad that she has him. She loves him (and he loves her too) and she has someone else to think about and take care of. She told me yesterday that she never really had lots of reason to hear her voice at home but now she talks to "Lil' Mt. Biggs" all the time!! He is 4 pounds of pure love for her! My Uncle passed away 10 years ago this month so she was alone. Now after having Mr. Biggs, she says she doesn't know how she ever managed without him! Makes me Happy!

Had my family, brother, sister and her husband, and my Aunt and Mr. Biggs over today for a big pot of beef stew and corn bread! Felt pretty good to have a family dinner. My older brother had to work an Open House today so I took him a bowl over this evening when he got home. Love being back with family!

Have a great evening and I'll check back in again soon.

EZMONEY
11-01-2009, 09:03 PM
Prayers for the trip to the dentist ROSEBUD...I had almost forgot! You will be fine.

So glad you can be back with your family KAREN...sounds like things have calmed down a bit with brother and sister?

Later GALS...

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-02-2009, 09:45 PM
:wave: HELLO OUT THERE -- nobody came in here since yesterday!

Thanks for your prayers; had my tooth pulled today. Went to bed earlier; took awhile to get to sleep and got up early. Did manage to have my shower and partly dry my hair but lots of things tried to go wrong and I refused to notice. Finally on our way and we ran into a detour but we made it right on the dot -- 8:30 am. My meds didn't kick in until he was starting to pull my tooth out so next time I will remember to take them earlier as they help keep my tummy from flipping and worse ... ;)

Unfortuneately the tooth broke so he had to drill and be quick before the meds wore off; the bleeding didn't stop til dinner but the slight pain seems to be subsiding. Other times, they all came out clean and had no pain at all; this time was a bit ruffer but was still OK and that's what really matters most. Should heal up nicely over the next week.

Picked up a few Christmas gifts today (4 to be exact); I am well on my way this year. Time to go put up my sore tired feet now. Take good care and hope to see some MIA's drop by this week ... :hug:ROSEBUD :hug:

Karen31
11-02-2009, 10:18 PM
Rosebud, glad that ordeal is over for you now. Sorry to hear that the tooth broke...I'm sure that didn't help matter at all. Just take it easy on YOU the next few days and give yourself time to heal. Sending prayers.

Gary, thanks for asking about the "brother/sister" deal. Things are a lot better... almost like nothing ever happened. My sister asked me tonight if I would like to play the accordion with her on the piano at their church some time. Gosh! I haven't picked up my accordion in about 4 years!! Guess I'd better see if I remember how to still play! I know it would take lots of practice before I want to get up in front of anyone to play. Will just wait and see how things work out.

Hello to everyone and will keep all in my thoughts and prayers.

wilma12
11-03-2009, 10:23 AM
Good morning everyone! DH is coming home today! I've been spending a lot of time at the hospital with him. Once he started feeling better he started getting bored. I have this week off work to help him at home so that'll be nice. No more driving to see him! Thanks for your prayers for him. He has a long recovery yet but the Dr. is very happy with what he's seeing.

Garry: I had to have a colonoscopy a couple of weeks ago. The prep is the worst part! Tell Angie she has my prayers. My test results were clear and I'll pray the same for her.

Rosebud: Sorry you had to have that tooth pulled. How are you doing today?

My eating habits have been terrible while DH was in the hospital. This week I plan to get cooking. He's craving home cooking and I am looking forward to him being home so that I can cook for him.

iriswhispers
11-03-2009, 11:10 AM
Hey everyone, just stopping in before heading to a conference in Minneapolis for the rest of the week. Blessings to all and I'll be back Friday! =)

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-03-2009, 05:11 PM
WILMA ~ great news; so glad he's doing well and you got time off to be with him for a week too.

IRIS ~ have a great trip ...

THANKS, KAREN ~ I sure do appreciate those prayers; took a tylenol before bed and that helped me fall asleep. It felt much better this AM and was able to eat well today.

THANKS, GARY ~ appreciate those prayers; hope the tests went OK for Angela too ...

Yesterday, I also picked up some fleece pants to wear with some long night shirts I have for the winter; gettin' loose on me so I was glad to see that I have gone down a size on the bottom. That's a good NSV I'll take.

We had an odd mix of :sunny: and ***** today. A new bird has shown up to our feeders today (about a dozen); it's proper name is ROCK DOVE or sometimes called the common pigeon, but these ones are big and so pretty and friendly (not afraid of us at all). They are a nice smokey grey with white bands and metallic green & blue necks; and I managed to get some pics of them too. Will put them in when I have them ready.

Not sure what to have for dinner tonight; haven't made up my mind, but it will be healthy. Had leftover chicken soup made from last night's stew for lunch; good OP day today so far. Gee, it's getting dark out there already; now that our clocks are back, it is more noticeable.

Hope you all have a great evening; take good care now ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

EZMONEY
11-03-2009, 09:30 PM
HI GALS ~ :)

Angie is grading papers...we are waiting for Biggest Loser to come on...planning on dvr'ing the show V.

Thank you all for your prayers, Angie did fine with her tests yesterday and the results appear to be fine...she sees her doctor next week...they took a couple of biopsies in the colon but found no polyps. She really wanted to hear something...which she may yet...on the scope down the front...she has very bad acid reflux...was hoping to find a curable reason...nurses said they don't see anything abnormal from the test results.

We are planning on leaning more toward "vegetarian"...well Angie is ;) and see how that works out for us. I have no problem with it as long as I can have meat every now and then.

Spent a big part of the day with my sister. She is doing pretty good...had a meltdown with tears over "looking like a freak"...all I could do was hug her and tell her no one else sees her that way....:(

I have read all your posts and will get back with some personals later...

Prayers ~ Gary

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-03-2009, 10:52 PM
GARY ~ sending up prayers for ANNIE that she will come to know that GOD and JESUS always thought she was beautiful -- then and now!!! I remind myself that all the time when I look in the mirror and see how weight gain & loss has changed me; it is these kinds of experiences that really teach us what truly matters in this life and the next -- the beauty of the heart and soul is what really matters ...

I often wonder why it takes so much for us to finally learn what 'true love' is; what 'real love' is; and what 'pure love' is ... imagine loving us so much, that no matter what we have or haven't done, and for nothing in return -- you are willing to lay down your life -- to even die for me, and you ... just becuz ... now that is ... LOVE!

:hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-04-2009, 10:18 PM
:wave: HI EVERYONE ~ We were blessed with gorgeous :sunny: all morning long and that was really nice for a change. Had more visitors at our big feeder today -- those beautiful Rock Doves returned with two Woodpeckers, a bunch of mixed Sparrows, and a huge flock of Starlings all vying for the same spots ... it was wonderful to watch!

My bird book says that Rock Doves won't go on or in a feeder, but they sure went into ours; DH made it so big that even they can fit in it, but they were having a time trying to figure out how to get in there and then they played this game where they chased others out ~ very funny!

Decided to take it really easy today, as I did laundry yesterday; so I just did some hand mending (hemming my new slacks) while resting my body as it has been thru the wringer this week. Had a good, on track and on plan day. We had leftover spagetti with meat sauce that I had frozen in individual containers for dinner tonight with a small coleslaw too; and I think it was even tastier this time ...

Time to go put my legs up again, as it really helps to get the excess water out of them and makes them feel better too. Hope you all are doing well, and that you all have a terrific day tomorrow ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

Mom2Seven
11-05-2009, 08:18 PM
Hello all. It is a priviledge to join you here in the Christian Encouragers section!

I hope to get to know you all well. God has blessed my household this week!

I go for my weigh in tomorrow and I am hoping for great things!

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-05-2009, 08:32 PM
:comp: HI FOLKS ~ had a tiny bit of ***** overnight, started off big and fluffy and went to something that resembled faom pellets. :lol: So we kept busy doing stuff indoors today: I did a couple loads of towels and linens; and then we did some sorting in our spare room and emptied 2 boxes and threw out one bag, plus did some more organizing.

:welcome2: MOM2SEVEN ~ wow, those are beautiful trees in your avatar; what kind are they? They kinda look like Maples of some kind, but it's hard to tell from here ... glad you found us and joined us!

Tomorrow, we have to move some furniture around in the livingroom to make things roomier; so will start that first thing in the morning. We will be moving my computer desk the west wall and my new organ here where the desk is so it is handier to use and frees up the front wall of the livingroom for Christmas. I like to put my tree up there and have my rocking chair up near the window to look outside at the birds and all the people go by. Right now the organ is in the way, so it must be moved.

After we got all our sorting done this afternoon, I put my legs up and did some more mending -- had to mend my favorite pair of slacks. Each day, I am doing a bit more; I have some of DH's wooly socks to do and several pairs of new slacks (some mine, some his), so I'll be at this for awhile. I often use the winter time to catch up on mending; it helps to pass the time too.

We had a nice dinner of fish & chips with coleslaw & sliced tomatoes; I had sweet potato homefries; but DH had regular chips and gravy. This is one of his favorites so we usually have fish at least once a week. I made some nice homemade veggie soup with beans for lunch today; it was tres yummy ... So was very on plan today and trust me, I got lots and lots of walking and exercise in today ... I'm pooped! :D

PS ~ hey, where is everybody? Did Laurie go on her holiday already? Iris is at a conference. Gary is ??? Wilma is looking after her DH. Karen is looking after her Auntie and brothers and dreaming about her pool. And everyone else has been abducted by aliens, I'm sure! ;)

Take good care folks -- hope you have a FANTASTIC FRIDAY tomorrow ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

EZMONEY
11-05-2009, 08:58 PM
WINK...ROSEBUD...

Gary is here! Just not much to say!

I will check in with life happenings tomorrow...I promise!

WELCOME MOM2SEVEN....You will love it here.

Back to the news...Prayers for all those in pain from the situation at Fort Hood.

CountingDown
11-05-2009, 10:09 PM
I'm here - just working and church meetings every night this week. I finally turned on my computer for the first time this week :yikes:

Everyone continues to be in my prayers, even when I don't have time to check in.

I am HOPING that things slow down soon. I'm doing well, but not enough "balance" this week.

Blessings to all!

Laurie

wilma12
11-06-2009, 09:38 AM
DH is getting more mobile every day. We've been going for little walks a few times a day. He has to keep his arm still and that is limiting him. Please pray that boredom doesn't get too bad for him especially when I go back to work next week. He won't be going back until after Christmas at the earliest.

Yesterday I spent about 1/2 an hour with the WII Fit. I'm enjoying it and hopefully will have a routine down soon that works for me.

Mom2Seven: Glad you found us. Welcome!!

Rosebud: Sounds like you have a busy day ahead. I plan on getting some cleaning done today. I've been getting meals ready so that when I get back to work there's not so much to think about. I'm not used to DH being home all the time. At least he's not high maintenance!

Gotta go. Have a great day!

Karen31
11-06-2009, 10:54 AM
I'm here! I've been reading the posts but then get busy before I answer! Shame on me! My Aunt is doing GREAT! She is driving everywhere now and doing some housework. She takes it slow and easy but is feeling so much better. She said the other day that she is kind of enjoying staying at home and may not go back to work ----well at least not until after the new year. I think she has really gotten attached to Mr Biggs and doesn't want to leave him anymore. But at 82 she has earned the right to stay at home! She is planning on having one of her daughters pick her and Mr. Biggs up about the December 11 and take her to Colorado for Christmas and the birth of her great-grand-daughter! The baby is due on Christmas day. She loves to visit out there but is always anxious to get back home.

Weare going to go and look at Christmas trees today. They have a sale over in Joplin and have a 71/2' pre-lit tree, a wreath, and 10' of garland all pre-lit for $46.60! We need a new tree but I want to get a nice one so if this isn't--I'll keep shopping!

Everyone have a good day!

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-06-2009, 03:58 PM
:comp: Well, we have been blessed with gorgeous :sunny: this afternoon and we're lovin' it; plus it has warmed the temps up as well. We spent the morning rearranging furniture and it is all finished now.

We decided (or should I say "I" decided :D) that the desk looked best where it already was, so we put the organ on the west wall instead. We now have the front wall free to put up our Christmas tree and rocking chair so I can look out the window again.

I just love to sit there and watch the birdies flying back and forth, and the people too, of course; and it's just a great relaxing place for me to do some reading, writing, singing, contemplating, or praying too ...

Now it's time to just do fun things for the rest of the day. We had leftover veggie soup for lunch which I added about 6 potato & cheese dumplings to (I cut them in half) and that tasted really nice and was very filling too. Was gonna have steak or pork chops tonight, but changed my mind again (now, you know that it's a woman's pergogative to change her mind) ... :lol: and decided to have hamburglers instead. It's OK though, hamburglers are DH's all-time favorite food, with hot dogs and fish a very close second & third ... ;)

WILMA ~ will send up some prayers for your DH about boredom; that is a long time to be off work. My DH has a couple of hobbies to keep him busy, plus looking after NIKO and I; plus doing stuff around home (he is very helpful: he says it gives him something to do) ... and watching his movies to keep him occupied -- he does get really bored in the winter time, so he's always looking for more things to pass the time. The other day, he came home with another crib board and I reminded him that he already has 2 (he forgot). :lol:

I was wondering -- do you have a bird feeder in the yard? I am the one who bugged DH to put them up and then he made me the big one for a Christmas present; and now, he is out there first thing putting out seed and sometimes twice a day; and I laugh becuz I told him today that if he keeps that up, we'll have to cut our food budget just to feed the birds! :lol:

HI KAREN ~ sounds like your Aunt is lovin' her time off as well as Mr. Biggs. Oh, that sounds heavenly going to Colorado for Christmas -- I saw a show once that I think was called, 'Christmas in Colorado' or something like that (maybe with John Denver), and it was really nice. My FIL was born on Christmas Day, so naturally they called him 'Noel' as they are French too. Hope you find the perfect tree for Christmas: that does sound like a great deal too!

:wave: HI GARY, and LAURIE ~ just checkin' ... ;)

Hope you ALL have a wonderful weekend; and take good care ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

EZMONEY
11-06-2009, 06:14 PM
Checking in and checking out...going out to dinner...I will return!

Prayers for all.

iriswhispers
11-06-2009, 09:58 PM
I am back! =) The conference was great, but sadly I wasn't in town long enough to do any sight-seeing, which was kind of a bummer. I actually read a book (a novel - for PLEASURE) during traveling, which I haven't had time to do in ages.

I also had some time to think about myself and my life and where it's going. It was the first time I looked at myself in the mirror and thought, "wow, when did I grow up??" A necessary reminder that maybe it's time to get my life on track.

Anyway I'll check in later and try to catch up - prayers for all and have a wonderful weekend!

EZMONEY
11-07-2009, 02:45 PM

Not much going on here. Angie and I got our 4 mile walk in with the dogs to Starbucks, then walked over to the ATM at the credit union to make a check deposit....so got a few extra steps in. Stopped by the son and dil's house on the way home to say hello, houses on both sides of them having a garage sale...quite busy at 7:30am this morning in his neighborhood.

Angie headed off to bell choir practice and then is working at the Fall Festival Bazaar at church. She will call me if she needs help or someone else does....or if see wants me to see something (same o' same o' usually) and may call for me to meet her for lunch. We have a turkey lunch that runs all day, sometimes we eat there and sometimes she brings it home...sometimes both ;) However we can support the cause. We, the congregation, take down 20 pound frozen turkeys and cooked pies for donations, the church buys the potatoes and veggies...the ladies/men cook the turkeys and other things then we sell plates to whoever shows up. A nice fundraiser for the women's missionary league.

I am home watching football just in case anyone calls....not sure if my phone recorder is working correctly.....jk ;)

My sister is doing reasonably well, my son and dil are going by to visit today they said. She will have another bout of chemo on Monday...prayers please.

My daughter called last night.... ALL EXCITED!.... she was at the bay down near where she lives, and said it was filled with dolphins playing! She walks an elderly lady, that has alzheimer's, the grandma of a friend of hers, twice a week to give the granddaughter a break and give Harriet some exercise. My kiddo said it was a wonderful 80th Birthday present for Harriet :)

:D Angie just called and said she is bringing lunch home...she said same stuff we have seen for years ...enjoy your games babe...I'll be home in a few hours...:carrot:

Angie and I went for Italian last night, split a salad and split our meals for leftovers today. Angie had a zucchini spaghetti she likes and I had the "to die for" penne all vodka...incredible...just incredible...it is all I can do to split my plate and bring half of it home...tough...real...real...tough :dizzy:

Glad you had fun IRIS...it is a pretty cool town...my ex has relatives there...we attended a Lutheran church there many years ago...huge brick building with an organ and pipes that were amazing!

Hamburgers are always good aren't they ROSEBUD :) I swear my brother eats hamburgers every single day of the year! Too bad for him they are almost always fast food ones. How are you getting all this nice weather? Keep it up!

Score on that tree KAREN Angie says we may not put ours up this year...we will be loaded with decorations for sure! We even have a really cool Nativity we have been collecting on most of the year. Glad your aunt is doing well.

WILMA I am glad your DH is doing better...rough. Sorry you have to go back to work and leave him to fend for himself...that is just :devil:...;) Super job on the wii fit!

SCOOTER I hope you are finding that balance you are looking for...sometimes you just seem to go-go-go! I used to do that...used to ;)

Where is everyone? Did facebook kidnap them all ;)

Have a great week-end everyone :hug:

Karen31
11-07-2009, 03:06 PM
We did buy a Christmas tree yesterday but not the $46 one! It just wasn't very nice looking at all. But I found a 71/2' prelit with clear lights that is just so pretty! The tips of the branches are kind of highlighted in a gold that just really looked nice with the lights on. Of course Scrooge(Tim) said "500 lights!!!" Ok, they are the tiny ones so I'm sure the electric bill won't go through the roof!

Gary, I will keep your sister in my prayers and will be thinking of all of you on Monday.

Well, the laundry is calling--- will try to get back later.

CountingDown
11-07-2009, 03:22 PM
Hi all - looks like everyone is busy! Prayers are continuing for everyone!

Our church bazaar was today, and I have to get the media presentations ready for tomorrow.

DS2 has a houseful of friends here for the weekend playing video games.

The weather is glorious - actually in the 60s and sunny :D

Gotta fly - laundry is calling!

Have a blessed weekend!

Laurie :scooter:

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-07-2009, 04:17 PM
:wave: Well that sunshine disappeared and it has been very gray today; but the weather people are promising sun and warmer temps for tomorrow -- how fitting for a Sunday ...:D

KAREN ~ I have a resident SCROOGE in my house too; glad to hear that you stood your ground and got that beautiful tree -- we call those tiny lights PENNY lights here becuz they really only cost pennies to run them. We have those on our tree and all our outdoor decos too, and we didn't notice any rise in our hydro bill last year. This year, we have one string of regular lights around the top of the deck, but that won't be much either. People think Christmas lights will cause a big increase in their bills, but we are so frugal in other areas that it all comes out in the wash. For example, our hydro bill averages between $53-$57.00 a month and more than half of that is service charges; and that is a low bill for this area.

Hope you all have a Super Saturday Night -- cuz Saturday Night is alright, right? Right! Take good care ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

Karen31
11-07-2009, 06:59 PM
Does anyone know anything about the Jack LaLane juicer? I see that Walmart has them on sale and I was reading the reviews and it doesn't sound bad. I've never had one but think I might want to try it.. What do you suggest?

CountingDown
11-07-2009, 09:15 PM
I used my juicer for a while. It is great for vegetable and combo juices. Fruit juices are too high calorie for me.

One tip - if you have a bread maker, the pulp left over from making juice is GREAT to throw into home-made breads. Oh, and it is great for crock-pot soups too :) Lots of added fiber and nutrients :yes:

Honestly, my juicer sits on the shelf most of the time. I'm finding that I prefer whole vegetables and fruits to juice. But, that is just my experience.

I do believe the Jack LaLane juicer is a pretty good one - so if you are inclined to buy one - it should work well for you.

HTH

Laurie

bargoo
11-07-2009, 09:35 PM
I have a Juice Man Junior Juicer I use it for awhile put it away and bring it out again, I like the juice but it is a pain in the neck to clean. I have seen the Jack LaLanne jui cer at Target , if I didn't already have one I might get one. It looks like it might br easier to use, don't know about the cleaning part.

EZMONEY
11-07-2009, 10:03 PM
My brother has a Juice Man juicer...he usues it when he is on a diet but most of the time it too stays on the shelf.

My suggestion....buy your juice at costco and get some Jack Lalanne books! He is incredible...almost 100 and still in better shape than all of us put together...

seriously KAREN ~ juicer are good if you use them and it is probably a good one!

Karen31
11-07-2009, 10:03 PM
Sounds interesting and I do have a bread maker. I use it all the time. I think since I bought it about 12 years ago I have only bought 3 or 4 loaves of bread....yeah, the hubby is spoiled now. I had never thought about adding the pulp from a juicer. I'm still trying to think it through. I don't want it to be just something that gathers dust on the counter. Thanks for your input.

Karen31
11-07-2009, 10:06 PM
Thanks Gary, I too am thinking that if it is more trouble to use than it is worth it will just sit. Don't want to buy one if it won't get used. Thanks

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-07-2009, 10:10 PM
Well, I guess I'll add my 2 cents worth in here; I just read about a doctor (Dr. Wong?) who says that you are better to buy a really good 3 horse power BLENDER and blend your veggie juices becuz then you also get all the nutrients and fiber from the pulp in your drink and he says that is healthier. I make my smoothies this way (throw skins and all in and you don't even notice it).

I agree that lots of people buy juicers but then don't use them after awhile; and like GARY says, you can now buy veggie-fruit combo juices pretty cheap in your local grocery store all ready for you to drink. Hope I'm not making this complicated for you ... :hug:

iriswhispers
11-07-2009, 10:17 PM
My big thing on kitchen gadgets - like my blender that I use to make smoothies and my food processor for dough, salsas, pestos, etc. is like bargoo said - these kind of things are so tedious to clean!! I especially love my food processor, but I use it less often than I otherwise would just because I hate trying to clean it. =)

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-07-2009, 10:46 PM
Gotta great tip for you -- when you use your kitchen gadgets (blender, juicer, processors, etc) ... rinse them in hot, soapy water IMMEDIATELY and they are EZ to clean. I learned this thru trial & error: as soon as I empty whatever I made in it, I run it under hot water (adding in a squeeze of dish soap) and presto ... clean as a whistle and as EZ as pie! ... your welcome! ;)

EZMONEY
11-07-2009, 11:48 PM
EZ for you to say ROSEBUD....wink

bargoo
11-08-2009, 08:26 AM
The differance in using a juicer and buying juice is with the juicer you know it is fresh and there are no additives.

EZMONEY
11-08-2009, 08:36 AM
Great point BARGOO!

CountingDown
11-08-2009, 03:05 PM
Hi all - happy Sunday! Church went well today, even though I was liturgist AND had PowerPoint duty. DH filled in for me in the media booth :)

The weather is glorious today - 64 F and :sunny:.

I'm off to cook for the week and finish a few chores.

I hope everyone has a blessed start to their week!

Prayers ascending for all!

EZMONEY
11-08-2009, 06:31 PM
Just taking in some football...go figure...wink

Angie and I hung up a tapestry, she had come in this week...real pretty. It covers a big hole I have in our bedroom wall! Well, actually it is more of a small doorway. I built a room over our the attic area of our kitchen...it is a 10' by 11' room that goes from 4' high at the end to 11' high at the entry. Fully finished walls...storage shelves and closet....carpet, electrical, ceiling fan, air and heat...she uses it as an office...has her desk and computer up there....craft supplies, etc. Anyway I had a small door on it...she wanted me to take the door off...I did....then she bought a tapestry to cover the opening. I guess I should mention the opening is small...and 3.5' off the floor...she has to climb up a little step ladder to get into the room...after that it's cake!

Had a great church service today..as usual...went to Vicar's Sunday school class...really enjoy him. His wife comes too...he is in his early 30's...has tattoos running up and down his arm...is falling in love with surfing (he is from the midwest)...his wife has a nose stud...I guess my reason for all that info is that he is young and cool...Angie and I are not offended by it...some may be in our church, but most aren't. I love his energy!

Angie is teaching a yoga class tonight at the yoga studio. It will be a class on yoga with a christian point of view. Pray for blessings for her and the folks that come....she would love to see it grow! Tonight's is a one time thing...until she decides to do it again...depending on participants.

We brought home turkey soup from the leftovers at the bazaar yesterday....the ladies did an awesome job on that one too! We have enough for dinner tomorrow night's dinner. Talked to my ex-wife at church....she is one of the "leaders" of the women's group...said the bazaar went well and $$$ was made.

Be good ~ Back to the game

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-08-2009, 08:23 PM
:wave: Boy, it took me three tries to get logged in tonight; I kept getting redirected to another thread in another forum ... :?: Anyhow ...

GARY ~ :lol: ... that special room you made for ANGIE sounds cool and the tapestry over the doorway sounds neato too! I think it would be great to have your own hideaway to do your stuff; DH has some movies that I don't really like to listen to (loud war movies: lotta yelling and screaming and shooting, etc), so I would love a place that was out of ear range so I can concentrate to type and read: you know ... peaceful!

I will be thinking about that a lot when we build that cottage next spring -- my Dad called us and told us that next spring he is comin' up to help us get the basic shell of our cottage up, from floor to roof ... we are praying he has perfect health until then. Today, he was up on the roof of one of his cottages as the shingles needed replacing ... eeks; he's like the ever-ready bunny ... he just keeps goin' and goin' ... ;)

Hope you all have a blessed and peaceful Sunday evening and a great start to the new week ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

EZMONEY
11-08-2009, 09:42 PM
real quick here...KAREN I saw an infomercial before tonight's football game on Jack's juicer...$100...how much is it at Wal-Mart...I may be changing my mind!

Karen31
11-08-2009, 10:16 PM
Hi Gary, It was $98.99 at Wal-mart. Not much difference except if you need to take it back Walmart is close!! I've really been thinking about it--- be a good way to make sure you get all those veggies and fruit in each day. And Tim likes grape juice and has been griping lately that Welches isn't just juice anymore--- now it is made from concentrate. It seems to make sense. May be a Christmas present from me to me!!

EZMONEY
11-09-2009, 12:10 AM
Another of my "concerns"...how many grapes to make a glass of juice?...how much $$$ for a glass of juice?

But then...how much is a healthy life worth?

humm...

EZMONEY
11-09-2009, 06:44 PM
:carrot::carrot: YIPEE :carrot::carrot:

The church website has finally posted the dedication video of our new community center. I think it is worth watching ;) It is about 10 minutes long ~ EDIT ~ or more!

If you check it out look for...

1 ~ Don't you just love our windows :)

2 ~ At the beginning is the building that was torn down for the new center...it was our first church (where my son was baptized as an infant)...then you see some pictures of the sanctuary we are in now...the beige building with the cross on it (where my daughter was baptized as an infant)

3 ~ Look for the first woman that talks (who was a baby when I started going there 27+ years ago) Off her right shoulder is where I ALWAYS sit and have for 27 years :) right in the row of Our Good Shepherd window :carrot:

4 ~ I did the drywall on all the classrooms that are shown in the video :) I know you can't see anything but it brings back memories for me. I did not do any work in the new center as we hired a general contractor...I didn't have time anyway with the Lexus we had going...too bad...I do a much better job ;) but the drywall work on the new building is standard...I just do better :)

5 ~ When the video goes to the conference rooms....you will see a room then it opens up to a room with windows...those are the rooms Angie uses for her yoga...there is an accordion door she can use to close the room down or in large as needed...she has been using the room w/o windows.

6 ~ Near the end is the Columbarium...I am pretty sure that's where I will end up..my ashes at least!! I am serious too :)

7 ~ At the end of the video, when they roll the names, you will see my ex-wife's after Emphasis Secretary then Angie and I after Awareness Team Coordinators then Awareness Team Captains ...our 15 minutes of fame ;)

Just click on the post...click on the arrow to start the video...and see why I just LOVE my church!! :hug:

And look for your names too! Right before ours...well...where it is posted thanking you for your prayers! It has been a little over a year but you did pray for the center! And I took your prayer requests to the church when we had our prayer vigil...sat in "my" pew...wink

http://www.faithvista.org/ForwardInFaith.htm#BuildingDedication

Karen31
11-09-2009, 07:33 PM
Gary, what a Beautiful Church! I see why you love it so much. And everyone in the video seems to love it as much a you. I really enjoyed it and Thanks for sharing.

EZMONEY
11-09-2009, 08:04 PM
I have a lot of memories there KAREN in the 27+ years....in fact the first building shown being built is the one that we just tore down...it was the ONLY building when I first started going there...no other church...school or pre-school building...

iriswhispers
11-09-2009, 08:25 PM
Rosebud - good point on the washing of those kitchen appliances! The other thing I was told was to put hot, soapy water in my food processor and pulse it a bit to help clean the blade. I think it helps... Still can be a pain though! =)

Great video, Gary! Although a bit longer than 10 minutes I think. ;) It looks like there is a really great community in your church.

This weekend I broke up with my boyfriend I've been with for 2 years (since college)... I know I needed to do it but it's been harder on me than I was expecting and however hard it is for me I know it is much worse for him. I just don't feel that he's "the one" - I can't imagine marrying him and at this age and having been together for this long, there's no reason to continue the relationship with that being the case. Still, I feel horrible for not being able to comfort him.

EZMONEY
11-09-2009, 08:45 PM
Sorry to hear about the break up IRIS...hugs to both of you...I was in his shoes at about the same age many years ago...it is tough on him for sure...if he cares for you like I did my girlfriend...I can look back now and see that it was the right thing...but I sure didn't feel it then!

Yep...it may be longer than 10 minutes...I edited that! Didn't time it...if it is too long you gals won't watch....wink...

Later...Angie is home for dinner....

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-09-2009, 11:50 PM
:wave: HI ALL ... Woke up to :rain: this AM, but it stopped by this afternoon, and we have no ***** and we're lovin' that! We went up town to pick up a few things -- they had some bargains on veggies, fruit, and meat today. Fall is a great time to pick up good food deals! It was fairly busy up town for a Monday: must have been all the sales I'm sure ... ;)

So I got a bit of walking in today as well! Kudos for that; and I made a nice pot of veggie-bean soup for lunch from this weekends leftovers ... yum! We had Hamburger Steak & Onions with new potatoes, tomatoes, cukes, and coleslaw for dinner tonight; hence a very good OP day today!

Hope you all have a terrific Tuesday tomorrow ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

iriswhispers
11-10-2009, 10:51 AM
Thanks, Gary. I'm sure time will heal both of us. Also your video was great even if the time estimate was a little off! =)

Mmm, Rosebud, good reminder about fall veggies - I think it's time to start adding more winter squash into my menu!

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-10-2009, 06:41 PM
:hug:IRIS ~ ^prayers^ for both you and your friend; I went thru a similar experience when I was younger too. I broke off a relationship becuz we just didn't suit each other; I am a liberal and he was a conservative who kept bouncing back and forth from one foot to the other -- becuz as he put it, sometimes he felt guilty :?: and he was nervous becuz so many of his friends were ending up divorced. I tried to explain to him that was the Holy Spirit trying to tell him something -- that some of their beliefs were not based on love, but on tradition and self-interest, and I knew that is exactly what led to those divorces. That is also why I knew it was best that we go our separate ways. Anyways, I trust that GOD looked after him well, and I moved on; and so will you ... :hug:

We had another day of gorgeous :sunny: today. Had to go pick up DH's new glasses, then we decided to go for a drive in the country to a favorite lake as it is so pretty with the sun shining on it; and it was very nice. Gotta take advantage of these lovely days when we gottem' ...

Hope you all have a Wonderful Wednesday tomorrow ... :hug:ROSEBUD :hug:

iriswhispers
11-10-2009, 09:01 PM
Rosebud - that drive to the lake sounds wonderful! Also thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers.

I am looking forward to "having off" tomorrow for veteran's day. I use quotation marks because I will be working anyway - but it's like I've got a free day to catch up, and it's much needed and appreciated! (I set my own hours and haven't done any work yesterday or today because I was studying for exams - but they are over and I have a whole day to recover and catch up!)

Karen31
11-11-2009, 11:13 AM
I just received this link in an email and I thought it was jsut a WODNERFUL things to pass on. http://www.beforeyougo.us/play_byg

bargoo
11-11-2009, 11:34 AM
All this talk about juicers encouraged me to bring mine out of hiding and the last two days have had fresh juice made from pears and apples. In addition to being fresh and no additives, both the pears and apples were free, having been given to me by a neighbor !

Ashbee
11-11-2009, 04:04 PM
Hope its okay that I'm jumping in ... :) I'm a Christian ... getting married in April ... about half way to my goal ... Thought I would introduce myself as a newbie :)

bargoo
11-11-2009, 04:10 PM
Ashbee, welcome and good luck ! Congratulations on the upcoming wedding !

Ashbee
11-11-2009, 04:15 PM
Bargoo Thank you so much! :)

wilma12
11-11-2009, 04:43 PM
Gary: Thanks for sharing your church's story with us. I enjoyed seeing how God has blessed your church and how it is growing. What a nice facility!

It's an incredible day here today. Temperatures way above normal. I hear it's supposed to end by the weekend so we've been out enjoying it as much as possible. We went out for a family "birthday breakfast" this a.m. and have basically been relaxing the rest of the day. DH is well on his way to recovery. Yesterday's checkup went well. He should be at home until after Christmas. Just have to think of some things he can do so he's not too bored.

I've been exercising a bit more faithfully. We've been walking outside a bit more and will until it gets too cold to go. I've also found a nice walking program in the WII fit which I'm enjoying as well as a step aerobics one that I like as well. Hopefully I'll be able to keep lengthening the time I'm able to do them.

Ashbee: Welcome and congrats on your engagement. Looks to me like you're well on your way to losing the remainder of your weight.

Iris: You have to do what is right for you even if it hurts. When I look back on some of the guys I dated and one that I almost married I'm glad I listened to my heart and waited for the right one. Prayers for you.

Gotta go make supper. Hubbie is craving spaghetti. Nice and easy.

iriswhispers
11-11-2009, 05:30 PM
congrats and welcome, Ashbee! Love your avatar!

Wilma, glad to hear things are going well for you =) It's warmer here than usual for this time of year as well - I'm ready to it to cool off!

I'm going a little crazy about this break-up. I talked to him last night and a little while today... I'm just feeling very confused. I need to keep praying about this.

CountingDown
11-11-2009, 07:00 PM
Ashbee :welcome: Glad you joined us!

Gary - awesome building, what a wonderful facility to carry out your ministry and mission as a church :D

Prayers continuing for everyone! It has been a very busy week with church meetings every night.

We are doing well here in MI - just way too busy!

Blessings!

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-11-2009, 07:10 PM
:welcome3: ASHBEE ~ congrats on your upcoming marriage. Do you have anywhere special planned for the honeymoon or do you know yet?

We had another lovely :sunny: day today, so we took advantage of that and spent a good part of the day on our deck hanging our Christmas decos. This way they are now up and we don't have do put them up during a blizzard or anything like that ... ;) Got lots of walking in today too!

HI WILMA ~ glad your DH is feeling better. Today is our pasta day also, so I made a lovely Bolognese sauce with Penne and it was yummy. Have 4 dishes leftover over for another dinner and maybe a couple of lunches: into the freezer they go for a day when I don't feel like cookin' ... :D

IRIS ~ prayers going up for you to feel peace at this time, so you can make the right decision about this relationship.

:wave: HI TO EVERYONE ELSE and all our MIA's ~ hope you all have a great day tomorrow ... :hug:ROSEBUD :hug:

EZMONEY
11-11-2009, 08:17 PM
HI GALS ~ ;)

Angie is up having dinner, she is going to a yoga class tonight she wants to try out. I made a new veggie soup, from a recipe, for dinner with some crusty bread. We are trying to eat more "vegetarian" and less meat...not giving up meat ;)

JUICE NEWS :) Read an article in the paper today that juicing is back...becoming a bit more popular again...but I also read that there isn't any benefit to it over eating your fruits and veggies raw.....everybody has an angle on it ;) Whatever...we all know fruits and veggies are good for us anyway that we get them down :carrot:

My surgery has been bumped up to 8:00 here tomorrow morning....meet for prep at 7:15...happy about that...I am not a happy camper w/o my morning coffee :mad:

Thank you all for your prayers and wishes...I will carry them with me until I am knocked out ...then it's all in God's hands ;)

Thanks also for the compliments on my church, as you all know we love it there...but I can also tell you I bet I could love some of the other ones, we have attended on vacations over the years, just fine too.

ASHBEE ~ Welcome and congratulations on your wedding :)

ROSEBUD ~ Thanks, my son will sit with me, after the surgery, tomorrow evening while Angie goes to yoga at church. She will take me there, wait for me, bring me home and be with me until he comes over after work. Great on hanging up those Christmas decorations...Angie won't let me yet ;) Our tradition is the week-end after Thanksgiving and not a minute before.

IRIS ~ I know you didn't just "throw" the break-up card out there kiddo...be careful...emotions are not reliable! But, we need to listen to them too. Being young isn't easy when it comes to this stuff....go slow and pray-pray-pray! Are you still training for that run? Doesn't sound like it....but remember that "thing" we have on it doesn't matter one way or the other on if you run or not...that was all for the cause...just want you to know that :hug:

WILMA ~ Love the new avatar. Glad DH is getting better and you are kicking it on the work-outs! Thank you, it is a nice facility...but there are a few churches in our area WAY BIGGER and nicer for "stuff"...We have waited a long tome for this gym , kitchen and meeting rooms. Enjoy that warm weather...I will be sending the sun soon I'll bet ;)

BARGOO ~ great job on getting that juicer out...maybe I'll break out the bread maker here ...oh! and the George Foreman grill....;)

KAREN ~ Outstanding link to the vets! Thank-you so much for sending it :hug:

SCOOTER ~Thank you! Take it easy girl...all that work can wipe a person out! Like I would know...too many days off lately...love-love it!

HELLO TO ALL THE MIA'S...hope all is well :hug:

Ashbee
11-11-2009, 09:17 PM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! :hug:

Rosebud: Yes we've decided on our honeymoen ... b/c we are planning the wedding w/o a wedding planner we decided to go somewhere simple for our honeymoon ... We are going to Asheville, NC. We are going to stay in a really cute bed & breakfast, visit Biltmore, go to a spa, and do a sunrise Hot Air Baloon Ride ... Thanks for asking :)

EZMONEY: You all should try Deborah Maddison's Book Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone (I ate vegan for 26 days and did several months as a vegetarian) ... Her book is chocked full of no-fail recipes and lots of creative ways to use common and not-so-common vegetables. I would say she is The Joy of Cooking for the vegetarian world. :broc: Good luck with eating a more meatless lifestyle ... we still try to do meatless Mondays (and often eat veggie a few times a week) :)

Ashbee
11-11-2009, 09:20 PM
Just wanted to say as an English major I'm really embarrassed at all the spelling errors in my post ... will be using spell check next time :) :o

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-11-2009, 09:21 PM
GARY ~ Our Thanksgiving is already over; we put up some lights with the Thanksgiving and Halloween decos; we took those down and left up the lights and then put up the Christmas decos today. We won't be turning them on til December 1st though ... DH is a stickler about the hydro cost ... ;) He put up my Christmas chime clock but ?forgot? to put the batteries in that make the chimes work??? :shrug:

Here's my favorite Canadian Poem for Remembrance Day by John McCrae, but I'm partial as he was a Canadian soldier who came from the city I went to high school in (Guelph, Ontario); but the poem is lovely too! I even like to sing it sometimes ...

IN FLANDERS FIELDS by John McCrae (1872-1918)

In Flanders fields, the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place, and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid, the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago.
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
... In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch be yours to hold it high,
If ye break faith with us who die --
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
... In Flanders fields.

CountingDown
11-11-2009, 09:32 PM
Ashbee - thanks for the cookbook suggestion. I'm not familiar with that one. And I have LOT of vegetarian cookbooks (DH and I have been vegetarians for 27 years).

Rosebud - ah - one of my favorites too!

Gary - thanks for your thoughtful words. So very many times I wish that there was more balance in my life.

But, I'm doing what God has called me to do :)

I'll be that little old lady knitting in the rocking chair in a few years ;)
Until then ...

EZMONEY
11-11-2009, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the book info ASHBEE...we bought an "easy to make" vegetarian book a few weeks ago...just finished a soup I made from a recipe in it...very good and easy!

ROSEBUD...That's right! Your Thanksgiving is already over! Decorate away!

SCOOTER ....Angie is getting pretty good at this knitting stuff....already has her needles sharpened for the wait on my surgery tomorrow....wink

CountingDown
11-11-2009, 09:52 PM
Gary - prayers continuing for you!

Can Angie give us an update on how you are doing?

:hug:

EZMONEY
11-11-2009, 09:54 PM
Thank you Scooter ~ She probably can if I promise to vacuum after surgery...all those knitting of the yarn pieces on the floor ya know...

iriswhispers
11-11-2009, 10:12 PM
Gary, prayers for your surgery tomorrow! And I certainly understand about the necessity of coffee :coffee2:
Thank you for your wise words on emotions - I realize mine are extra volatile right now.

I've been running about once a week - I might end up doing it all walking, but I will complete those 13 miles!!
I just got back from a 5-mile run - for those who don't know I have been training (though not so much in the past few weeks :no:) for a half marathon in December to benefit the AZ cancer center. I was really scared I wouldn't be able to keep up with the group tonight because I've mostly been doing 3-miles at a time, but I stuck around the middle of the pack. I should get back into blogging about it - my link is still up but I haven't written lately. It really helps me stick to training.

Rosebud, I know that poem!
I am trying to figure out where I will be this Christmas, but starting to think maybe I will get a tree for my place in Arizona either way... just a little one - or something festive to decorate with.

Laurie, prayers that you will find the balance you are looking for in your life.

Ashbee, I was not and English major but I am a stickler for grammar sometimes - I used to correct the notes our office manager posted at my old job! No worries, though - it's easy for those typos to slip out. Your honeymoon sounds lovely! Asheville is a great city - I think the Carolinas are my favorite part of the country. =) Blessings and prayers for your wedding and your future.

Those of you who are knitting - is it for Christmas presents? There are some people I have classes with who knit during lectures this time of year. They make some really amazing things! My great aunt (who was like a grandmother to me) taught me to knit but all I ever learned was rows like to make a scarf, and I don't think I'd remember it now if I tried. I'd love to make a hat or something, though!

Ashbee
11-12-2009, 08:38 AM
About the cookbook :book2: I am a cookbook addict ... I ate vegetarian for several months and in that process bought 5-20 cookbooks, Deborah Maddison's is one of my favorites. ;)

Iriswhispers: Wow, 13 miles! :goodluck: I tried running for about a month and a half but found myself hating it so much I was wondering why I was doing it & switched to walking. That's awesome, though! :running:

EZMONEY: Prayers for your surgery :)

wilma12
11-12-2009, 08:51 AM
Gary: You must be at the hospital by now but just wanted you to know that you are in my prayers today.

ronni62
11-12-2009, 09:39 AM
Gary-thinking and praying about you and the surgery. :hug:

Ashbee-:welcome2: nice to have you here!

Wilma-glad your DH is doing better. Does he like jigsaw puzzles? That's what we got for my DH to do when he had his shoulder surgery last year. Sounds like you enjoy your wii-I may have to look into getting a used one or something, as the weather just doesn't cooperate for walking outside in the winter (as I'm sure you know up where you are:)).

Iris-praying for you right now, especially regarding quitting the relationship. What I've learned is that if you have any doubts at all about staying in a relationship, then it's time to move on (as long as you're not already married). I should have listened to my doubts a long time ago, but didn't, so pray a lot and listen to that still, small voice that helps us know what we are to do.:hug:

Rosebud, Bargoo, Karen, Laurie-:hug::hug::hug: and prayers!

Take care everyone and have a great day!

Karen31
11-12-2009, 02:06 PM
Gary, just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you and sending prayers. Tried to get on the site first thing this morning and couldn't get to it until about 1:00 this afternoon. Just wouldn't connect at all. I'll be watching for updates.

EZMONEY
11-12-2009, 07:12 PM
Angie here-

Gary made it through his surgery with flying colors. :cheer3::cheer3:
It went quicker than planned -- a good thing.

Right now he is sitting in the recliner and resting. It is difficult for him to get up and walk around, and especially sit at the computer (that's more painful for him than the surgery. ;)

Thanks for all your prayers. He will be back here just as soon as he is able to sit up straight.

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-12-2009, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the update, ANGIE -- that is great news! Tell him to take it easy; and we will continue prayers for him that the LORD will 'ease his pain' so that he can get some rest and sleep over the next while ... :hug:

KAREN ~ I tried to get in here all day too, and couldn't! I finally managed to get in here by going directly into another thread that I had posted in a while back ... go figure ... :shrug:

CountingDown
11-14-2009, 12:36 PM
Angie - thanks for the update!
Gary - continued prayers for a speedy recovery :D

Hello to everyone else. Hope you are having a blessed weekend!

Prayers continuing for all!

bargoo
11-14-2009, 01:25 PM
Gary, so glad everything went well. Thanks, Angie for the update.

EZMONEY
11-14-2009, 01:52 PM

Real quick here for right now

Feeling a whole lot better

Tried to get on a couple of times yesterday but couldn't

The surgery went well...I am resting so much it hurts my butt! :D

Hard to get up and sit down but need to...also need to walk around some. Was able to walk up the stairs this morning :carrot: I came home right from the garage into the family room and had been there from Thursday afternoon until 6am today....thank goodness we have a bathroom down here!

Pain was there for sure but much less now...Doctor prescribed percocet for the pain, the nurses said to take 2 before I left the hospital...I took 1...then took 1 more 4 hours later...after that I just felt I could handle it AND I know pain medication can cause constipation...not something I want with my abdomen area being swollen and sore :D Just the thought of pushing makes me feel :faint: My doctor called me yesterday to check in and asked if the pain medication was doing it's job...told him what I just mentioned...he just said..."You are a beast!" :) So guess I am doing ok.

I will tell you all I really felt your prayers :hug: Not once from the time I decided to get the surgery to laying on the operating table did I ever feel anxious or nervous, even the slightest.

I have 2 very cool scars too :carrot: No stitches...all glued up! Cool...way cool...

Have had so many visitors and phone calls I may need to get a hotel room to get some rest ;)

Prayers for all ~ Gary

bargoo
11-14-2009, 02:45 PM
Gary, so glad you are OK , They just can't keep a good man down. I have had that super glued incision , too. It was on my back , so I couldn't reach it to take the tape off. It was really only a glorified bandaid. I asked my neighbor to take it off for me. She did, but she nearly fainted. I swear, it didn't look that bad, she is just a total wimp.

iriswhispers
11-14-2009, 04:22 PM
Yey, 3FC is back up! =)

Gary, glad you're doing all right and I'm praying for a quick post-op recovery for you.

I ran a 10K this morning with the BTE team - it was amazing and empowering and I really do feel "better than ever"! Only 29 days until the half marathon - I am nervous but honestly can't wait. Running makes me feel AMAZING.

I hope everyone has a blessed weekend!

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-14-2009, 09:59 PM
IRIS ~ I agree with you -- yeah ... so glad 3FC's is back up and running again ... :carrot: Congrats to you on running that 10K!!! Excuse my innocence, but how many K's is in a half marathon?

GARY ~ glad to hear that you are the Californian Iron Man -- seriously, glad that you are doing so well and that everthing went so smoothly; lots of prep prayers went up and will continue until you are 100% recovered ... it was nice to hear from ANGIE too! :hug:

:wave: to all our encouragers out there; take good care and hope you have a superbly blessed Sunday tomorrow ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

Karen31
11-14-2009, 10:40 PM
So glad to see that 3FC is back!! I was going through bad withdrawals!!! It felt like I lost all my friends at once!! :cry:

Gary, glad to hear from you and that you are doing so great. Thanks Angie for updating us right before the site went down.

Everybody take care.

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-15-2009, 07:36 PM
Yah, KAREN ~ I thought the same at the beginning -- I was concerned that it was my pc at first, but when so many others were having the same problem getting in, I figured the issue had to be here (and my pc did give me a wee message of that sort).

We had a funny mixed bag of weather today; some :sunny: and some :rain: and some ***** and some ~~~~~ (that's big winds) ... it couldn't make up it's mind ... We just had a peaceful, restful day today, as I decided to take it easy after such a busy week as my legs were a bit tired.

A couple of :angel:s brought us a present yesterday; they went and picked some veggies at a local farmers (more :angel:s) and brought us a box of big carrots -- I'm sure there is enuff for all winter! So washed some of them up today; and we had some for dinner, and I am putting some up in the freezer, and a few in the crisper too, and some are in our temporary cold room (our porch). What a blessing ...

DH went to a special service today; and tomorrow is going to a funeral ~ on Friday night, he went to pick us up something for dinner and was shocked to hear that his priest from where we used to live (for 16.5 years) passed away in his home on Friday; and he was only in his late 50's -- seems someone made a medical goofah, and thought it was only stress and anxiety. Well, may the LORD take him into his bosom in glory, and I know GOD will bless him for all the hard work he did for His kingdom during his lifetime. DH really liked him as did so many other people. We've had a lot of younger people passing in our small town lately from their twenties to fifties; some people are in a bit of shock right now ... may GOD comfort them with His peace that passes understanding! :hug:

:wave: HI to all our other CE'ers out there; hope you all are having a super blessed Sunday evening too ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

iriswhispers
11-15-2009, 07:50 PM
Rosebud - a half marathon is about 21K - or 13 miles.
So sorry to hear about DH's priest's passing... prayers for all in need of comfort.

EZMONEY
11-15-2009, 07:54 PM

Well I am much better today than I was a couple of days ago! :carrot:

The only pain I experience is when I try to stand up from a sitting position and vice versa, other than that I would just call it discomfort...only took 2 pain pills and that was the first day...and as far as the "you may get constipated" issue....:carrot: nope...I think being easy on the pain pills solved that...although I did go from Thursday morning to Saturday morning...was starting to get a bit concerned...since then smooth sailing...a little too much FYI?...:D...I know you all can relate ;)

Watching the Charger game today one of the players scored a touchdown then handed my daughter in law the ball :) good to see that "comedy" but it cost the team 15 yards in a penalty...they still won.

Angie wouldn't allow me to go to church today...she was right about that ;) Missed it but so glad God has blessed me in many ways at home today.

I have had a lot of visitors and calls from my friends and family...I was exhausted on Friday ;)...but so thankful for the attention and concerns.

Nephew calls every day...really had a lot of rain there in Norfolk VA where he is stationed right now. The NAVY has him in a hotel room and he had to move because it got flooded...they put him in a better room though.

Well, I better get up and move...I am BACK! and will catch up with all of you soon!

thank you all so much :hug:

wilma12
11-15-2009, 11:05 PM
Gary: Good to hear your surgery went well. Take it easy!!

Rosebud: We're still having incredible weather here in Manitoba. I'll enjoy it as long as it lasts. Sorry to hear about the passing of your DH's priest. Prayers for his family.

Not much happening around here. Relaxing day today. Went to church this a.m. and then spent the afternoon ready. Wonderful!

Back to work next week and into a normal routine. I'm still exercising but not as regularly as I would like. I do need to figure out what time of day works best for me.

Have a great week!

CountingDown
11-16-2009, 07:29 PM
Hi all - hope you are having a good start to the week!

We are finalizing the travel plans for our Wed. departure. With dial-up at Mom's, I probably won't be able to check in much while we are gone.

Prayers are continuing for everyone - including our MIAs.

Have a blessed week!

EZMONEY
11-16-2009, 07:41 PM
HI GALS ~

Not much new here to report.

I am feeling a bit like yesterday...sore but no real pain. I am very limited to what I can do other than sit and stand....I am not quite ready to take a walk outside but I am walking through the house quite a bit....maybe too much yesterday ;) Not ready for the bed yet...kills me trying to get up from a lying position...soon I hope.

Daughter in law was famous around here today...in the Charger game yesterday one of the guys made a touchdown then pretended to go over to her and propose...using a football...his buddy did it in college...a big thing a few years ago...anyway he was just goofing off...people didn't know that :) Fun stuff...I will post the picture.

Cooking a spaghetti squash tonight and making a veggie casserole out of it and some other things...hope it is good...never cooked a spaghetti squash before.

Well gotta go...oven time...be back soon.

Karen31
11-16-2009, 07:50 PM
Great Picture Gary!! So glad that you are feeling better.. Take it easy and don't over do it!!!

I got this in an email this afternoon and just wanted to share it with all of you. Take care and have a good night.

Observations on Growing Older ---

~It's harder to tell navy from black!

~Everything old is new again, but if you wore it before, you're too old to wear it the 2nd time around!
~Your kids are becoming you...and you don't like them! ..but your grandchildren are perfect!
~Yellow becomes the big color...walls...hair...teeth!

~Going out is good. Coming home is better!
~When people say you look "Great"...they add "for your age"!
~When you needed the discount you paid full price. Now you get discounts on everything...movies, hotels ....flights.

~You forget names...but it's OK because other people forgot they even knew you.

~The last 2 outfits you wore had spots on them.

~You ask your husband or friend how your outfit looks and they tell you the truth!

~The five pounds you wanted to lose is now 15 and you have a better chance of losing your keys than the 15 pounds.

~You realize you're never going to be really good at anything...especially golf.

~Your husband is counting on you to remember things you don't remember.

~The things you cared to do, you don't care to do, but you care that you don't care to do them anymore.
~Your husband sleeps better on a lounge chair with the TV blaring then he does in bed. It's called his "pre-sleep"

~Remember when your mother said "Wear clean underwear in case you GET in an accident"? Now you bring clean underwear in case you HAVE an accident!

~You used to say, "I hope my kids GET married.. Now, " I hope they STAY married!"

~ You miss the days when everything worked with just an "ON" and "OFF" switch.
~When GOOGLE, ipod, email, and modem were unheard of and a mouse was something that made you climb on a table.

~You use more 4 letter words..."what?"..."when?" ???

~Now that you can afford expensive jewelry, it's not safe to wear it anywhere.

~Your husband has a night out with the guys but he's home by 9:00 P.M...next week it will be 8:30 P.M.

~You're 100 pages into a book before you realize you've read it.

~Notice everything they sell in stores is "sleeveless"?

~Most of the people in People Magazine you've never heard of.

~Your concealer doesn't conceal. Your lipstick bleeds. Your mascara clumps and your eyebrows are disappearing.

~You don't have hair under your arms and very little on your legs but your chin needs to be plucked daily!

~What used to be freckles are now liver spots.

~Everybody whispers.

~Now that your husband has retired ...you'd give anything if he'd find a job!

~You have 3 sizes of clothes in your closet....2 of which you will never wear.

~But old is good in some things...old songs...old movies and best of all OLD FRIENDS

EZMONEY
11-16-2009, 08:56 PM
LOVE IT KAREN!!

Going off to post in PRAYER WARRIORS for my daughter in law...

Karen31
11-16-2009, 08:59 PM
My thoughts and prayers continue for Annie too!!

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-16-2009, 10:59 PM
THANKS, KAREN ~ I needed that today; I laughed so hard that I hurt myself and DH came out to tell me to keep it down ... so I nabbed him and made him listen; he said it was very funny! I think us women can really relate to much of this, only I am the one who does the 'pre-sleeps' in our house; and DH can't go out with his buddies becuz he would miss his bedtime ... :lol:

Our BIL (TOM M.) who has been having serious heart problems for some time, isn't doing well; they went to see a specialist recently, and they said there isn't anything else they can do for him. We met up with his sister today and she says that he is losing weight now, and she expects his time is limited, so we are praying for him for comfort and peace (and for his wife too). I put a prayer request for TOM and his wife in the prayer warrior's thread ... thanks.

We had a busy day; went shopping and got lots of walking in. Ate well and came home and rested my sore feetsies. HOpe you all have a great day tomorrow ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

Karen31
11-16-2009, 11:07 PM
Rosebud, glad that you liked that!! Some of it really hits "TO CLOSE TO HOME" LOL!!

I will keep Tom and his family in my thoughts and prayers. I know it is a tough time for all of them.

wilma12
11-17-2009, 08:49 AM
Karen: Loved it. Unfortunately a lot of that is (or is going to be) true!

Rosebud: Praying for Tom.

Gary: Still praying for you. How long will you be off work? You could come and spend some time with my DH. He's home until after Christmas and is always welcoming company!

Laurie: Good to see you. Have a good trip!

Boring, boring around here these days. I'm slowly starting to get ready for Christmas. We plan to go to Costco tonight. Tuesday night won't be as nuts as the weekends are.

Have a great day everyone!

ronni62
11-17-2009, 09:57 AM
Karen-funny stuff and toooo true! Thanks for sharing it!

Gary-still praying for your recovery. Glad you're getting up and around a bit. It will help, but feels like you're going to tear apart while you're moving (experience from 2 c-sections).:hug:

Rosebud-posted in the challenges for you, but forgot to tell you how sorry I am about your DH's priest's passing. You're both in my prayers.:hug:

Wilma-glad your DH is doing better. If he complains about boredom, tell him it's time to put up the Christmas decorations;). If he's like my DH, he'll do just about anything else to keep from having to put up lights:lol:

Laurie-enjoy your trip! Our travel plans have been cancelled,as we have no one to doggie-sit since DH's mom had her knee replacement surgery and is not healing as quickly as she thought she would. So, maybe we can go see my dad at Christmas. Have a great time!

Iris-:carrot: for your 10k and continuing with the training for your half-marathon. I'm not a runner, but my sister has done several marathons-Chicago & Indianapolis (which she said is almost all uphill!). Keep up the great work!

Well, nothing much going on here. Still not feeling well, so have only been doing whatever chores need to be done. Did have to go have an eye check yesterday and found that I need new glasses again-still have to have new ones every year! It's always either one eye changing for distance or astigmatism or both change for close work, but no MS-type issues so far.

Didn't even get to go to church Sunday because of the stomach issues and headache. Then, with all the site issues here, I feel like I've not talked to any friends in forever! Well, take care, everyone and have a great day!:hug::hug::hug: to all!

EZMONEY
11-17-2009, 10:45 AM
I posted some pictures of my cooking last night in the Veggie Chicks section..

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/veggie-challenged/186597-ez-cooks-veggie-lives.html#post3015629

Karen31
11-17-2009, 11:13 AM
Loved the pictures Gary! Did it taste WONDERFUL???? You should share the recipe.

EZMONEY
11-17-2009, 11:44 AM
Thanks Karen...it was good...later today I will take time to post the recipe!

It was EZ!

EDIT ~ I posted the recipe in that thread...a post below the pictures

iriswhispers
11-17-2009, 01:01 PM
I couldn't get myself out of bed this morning (as is becoming my status quo) but I wanted to drop in here before heading out the door!

Gary I am still praying for your full recovery and Rosebud, I've got Tom in my prayers as well.

Ronni, I hope you are feeling better soon!

CD, prayers for safe travels and a wonderful time.

I'm sure I'll check in later tonight - I'm pretty overwhelmed with school and work for a few days here, but this is always a welcome diversion!

Blessings and happy Tuesday! =)

CountingDown
11-17-2009, 09:39 PM
A quick fly in! We are busy finishing laundry and packing tonight.

Gary - the recipe looks great - I will try it when we get home :D

I will miss all of you, and you will be in my prayers!

Have a GREAT rest of the week and Thanksgiving!

Blessings to all!
Prayers ascending :D

Laurie

EZMONEY
11-17-2009, 10:34 PM
Have a safe and wonderful trip SCOOTER!

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-17-2009, 10:40 PM
:wave: We had the most beautiful day today with :sunny: all day long. We just did stuff around the house this AM, then we decided to do a bit of Christmas shopping and then we went for a ride to a few of our favorite lakes. It was a glorious day ... just way too nice to stay indoors. We got home just as the sun was getting ready to set ...

We found another small ornament to put on our front deck becuz we had one space that was a bit empty. We found an adorable shovel with penquins on it that will look great beside our moose-reigndeer. I also got some lovely snowflake stickies for our front window and a few sparkly snowflakes for our little Christmas tree too.

LAURIE ~ hope you have a great holiday ...

GARY ~ that recipe does look good; I am adding more meatless meals to our menu these days too.

Made a nice cassoulet bean pot for lunch with some leftover roast pork and veggies from Sunday; and had sole fish for dinner. Got lots of walking in at the store (did this on purpose), then we went for our lovely drive.

THANKS for all your prayers; they are really appreciated. Hope you all have a WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY tomorrow ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

Karen31
11-17-2009, 10:52 PM
Thanks Gary, I've got it saved now and will have to give that a try soon. Probably after Thanksgiving....

wilma12
11-18-2009, 08:48 AM
Gary: I was reading the Globe and Mail (equivilant to your National Post) and saw the same picture of your DIL that you posted. Cool eh? Tell her someone in Canada saw it!!

Don't have much time to post but just want to wish everyone a good day.

EZMONEY
11-18-2009, 01:32 PM

All is well here today. A beautiful cool morning, wish I was able to get those mutts out for a walk...they do a "puppy parade" around me all day waiting for those leashes...soon I hope.

I just finished making cheese enchiladas, I had everything ready yesterday except warming the tortillas and rolling/baking them when mu sister came by. I just threw it all in the fridge and finished this morning. Now Angie and I have 3 cheese enchilada meals ready to go for those quick meals...pull 'em out of the freezer (3 packages of 5) warm them in the microwave, can of black or refried beans, rice if Angie is around to make it ;) chips and guacamole and we are good to go :carrot: One of my favorites!!

My sister is doing well right now, there was a misunderstanding on her part when radiation was to start...all that is confirmed now. She will continue chemo into Feb. then start radiation. Poor girl...but she is a fighter...always had to be with her lupus.

My daughter in law is doing fine with her cast on, minor pain and tons of help from those high school boys she teaches ;)

My sister had my leftovers of the spaghetti squash dish I made...she loved it! She is going to try and make it this week-end if she has the energy.

WILMA ~ I sent my DIL a text this morning on you seeing her picture...she knows about my friends here...anyway she texted me back on her break and said OH! NO! lol with a lot of laughing icons. It is nice to see you checking in here a bit more. I hope DH is healing and feeling well today...tell him I will probably beta him back to work...but if it was my shoulder/arm no way!

SCOOTER ~ I hope your trip is safe and fun for you...see you when you get back :hug:

IRIS ~ GET UP!! ;) Kiddo we all have times where we just don't want to get up! I have no problem when the weather is warm but on those cold days...yes even here...I don't want to...especially if it is a work day ;) I hope you catch up with that work soon. Everything ok with the ex-bf now?

ROSEBUD ~ Sounds like a fun day you had....we have to go for miles here to find a lake...ocean...less than 5 miles away though! I love beans! Yep, Angie and I are trying to add more veggie meals and less meat...the best part is we are looking at it together :hug: We should start our decorating after Thanksgiving...right now I am not sure what I will be able to put up, some of my stuff is a bit heavy and high...like climbing up my 8' ladder that is in the back of my truck, with a full sheet of 1/2 inch plywood that I screw onto the front of my house...my JESUS board...maybe not this year ;)...neighbors have already been asking if I am going to put it up this year..maybe an angel will show up ;)

KAREN ~ Do you have ice in that pool yet? ;) That list of "old stuff" was hilarious! So many things that I can relate to...ok...where was I? ;) I 'spose you saw I posted that jump rope video..way cool!

RONNI ~ I hope you are feeling better now :hug: Glad the MS is at bay for now...continued prayers! Sorry about the glasses...I have needed reading glasses for about 7 years now and know what a pain that is! How are the boys doing? Everyone recover from football?

BARGOO ~ My incisions are feeling better...I didn't have tape on them, just the blue glue stuff...one leaked a little blood yesterday but nothing to worry about. Still tight down there. Prayers continue for your battle :hug:

Have a great day/evening everyone! And thanks again so much for the prayers...I can guarantee you they were felt!

Karen31
11-18-2009, 08:35 PM
Hello there!! Gary, thanks for posting that link-- don't know why it wouldn't work for me. I pasted it in to the Golden Girls thread. I thought this was pretty awesome!!
No ice in the pool as of yet--- it is covered though so that should help some as the weather starts to turn colder. In fact, I still have geraniums sitting out on the patio and today I have three new blooms!!! I'm sure not used to this!! In Colorado if the snow didn't freeze them, the deer ate them!!!

We went to the VA hospital in Fayetville, Arkansas (200 mile round trip!) today so they could check out Tim's shoulders and arms. He has started to have a lot of pain any time he extends them. Well, the Dr. there said he has "Adhesive Capsulitis" or frozen shoulder. He asked if he was diabetic and he isn't. He was saying this is more common in diabetics. Anyway, the plan for now is to do physical therapy and then the Dr. will see him again in 6 weeks. Hoping he doesn't have to do cortisone shots or surgery. But so glad he is finally getting all this checked out. More blood tests on Monday, and a colonoscopy on Tuesday. So a few extra prayers thrown this way would really be appreciated.

Prayers going out for all and I think about all of you all the time!

EZMONEY
11-18-2009, 09:11 PM
Prayers for TIM as he goes through his testing and therapy.

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-18-2009, 11:20 PM
:wave: HI ALL ~ We had another gorgeous :sunny: day today ... what a gift from GOD! My Aunt emailed me today and says that the weather people are predicting mild weather for some time; it seems fall has finally arrived after all ... :lol:

DH went to his priest's funeral today -- and it was so fitting that it was so nice and :sunny: today, as this man was always smiling. There were so many people there he had to stand thru the whole thing which lasted over 3 hours, then they went to the cemetary too. They had a small snack and viewed some history of the church and then he came home around 2 pm.

This much-loved priest was only 52 years old; he had a bad heart and had been sick on and off for awhile from what DH heard today, but now he is free from all that ... so GOD BLESS HIM! He was a dedicated teacher as well, and loved both positions he had.

That is a lot to take on being a high school teacher and a priest at the same time, but he did a marvellous job of both, and all his students talked so very well of him too, saying that he had changed their lives for the better ...

This afternoon we put up those decos we bought this week and they look really nice: I esp love the snowflakes on the windows. Anyways, it was pasta night tonight so we had creamy pasta in a mushroom sauce. Hope you all have a nice day tomorrow with good weather like we are having here; and take good care ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug: ^PRAYERS^ continue for you and yours ...

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-19-2009, 02:17 PM
PS ~ I posted some comforting scriptures in the Prayer Warrior's thread that have helped DH and I a lot lately, dealing with the death of loved ones and friends. We see so many younger persons passing from cancer, heart attacks, viruses, and sadly -- suicide (2 in the last month).

Sometimes we wonder what more we could do to prevent young people from taking their lives when life gets a bit tuff for them. Here we are losing loved ones and friends way too early, and these young ones are taking their own lives.

It's hard to know the reasons why or the details, but I hope we can find a way to reach out to them better in the future; and help them realize that 'SUICIDE IS NOT A SOLUTION' to their problems, but instead only creates heartache and sorrow and questions for their family and friends who are left behind ... :hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-20-2009, 04:20 PM
:wave: HI EVERYBODY ~ Gee, I hope I didn't scare everyone away with my posts ... :lol: We spent the morning trying to decide where to put our Christmas tree; we decided to put it beside the piano this year, as it looks great there. That way I can keep my rocking chair by the front window to look out and see all the pretty lights, and my birdies, and any other activities out there ... ;)

DH put the penny lights on the tree for me, and I have put a few sparkly snowflakes on so far. I usually take my time and put a few ornaments on each day until I am satisfied with it. Then, DH went to help a neighbour put some poles along his laneway so the guy who clears the snow won't fall over the side of the hill like he did last year. They already had to put florescent pole markers in our laneway to mark out the neighbours property so they don't cut up their lawn -- there was a lot of damage done last year on both properties, so hopefully this will remedy that issue.

I had a tooth extracted at the beginning of the month, but it broke on him, so he had to drill the rest out (he was a young dentist); and today, some small pieces came out. I can still feel one rough edge on the outside: sure hope that's not a bonespur becuz another lady here (PURPLEORC) had the exact same thing happen to her, and now she has to have a minor operation just to fix it on December 22, no less. I sure hope and pray that doesn't happen to me too ... :(

Well, we had a bit of :sunny: this afternoon, but I think it has gone behind a tree or building, becuz it is getting kinda overcast out there again. It is supposed to be nice and sunny for the weekend, so I hope those weather forecasters are right. I am trying to decide what to have for dinner tonight; it's supposed to be cooks night off -- so maybe that means take-out, but there's not many healthy things available from take-out here. Well, I think I'll start with a romaine salad, and go from there ... :D

Hope you all are having a fantabulous Friday; and do take good care of yourselves too ... :hug:ROSEBUD :hug:

EZMONEY
11-21-2009, 09:58 AM

Things are normal here ;) ...main water line to the house busted yesterday afternoon...after the washing machine went in the morning...life!

My brother is coming over this morning to start on the water main and Angie and I saw a great buy on a washing machine at Home Depot last night, we had to go there to get a female to female connection so we could run a hose from my neighbor's house to mine so we could have water.

We also picked up a small fake Christmas tree she wants to put on the hutch we have, so I guess we will have a tree after all :carrot: The house will be pretty with all her decorations :)

ROSEBUD ~ :D Yep, it has been a bit lonely around here...wonder what happened? We had a great run for quite a while with posts...funny how it is quite a roller coaster ride here sometimes. I know there isn't always much in my life to post. I see your decorations are growing :) Good luck on that tooth, I had wisdom teeth pulled many-many years ago, I swear pieces kept working through the gum for years!

KAREN ~ I hope Tim's shoulder is better today...along with you DH's too WILMA

Well off to my day of watching my brother work...not going to be much help with this hernia recovery going on still...thank God for brothers! :)

ronni62
11-21-2009, 07:44 PM
Hi, Everyone! Not much going on here, but keeping busy anyway. Finally got my H1N1 shot this morning-had to wait in line for 1 1/2 hours in the cold first. Then, got yelled at by a rude couple who were ticked that I let an elderly couple who were both in wheelchairs go in front of us so they wouldn't have to try to wind their way around the queue ropes. It only added about an extra 15 seconds to their wait, but they had to raise a fit and yell at all of us, so I let them have it back about being rude and having consideration for those who are older and less able:mad:. I don't normally let loose like that, but it really ticked me off that anyone could be that selfish. Satan has such a strong hold on our society, I really don't think there's any hope of redemption for our country, but I pray for it anyway.

This afternoon, since I was just sitting around at loose ends, I found Home Alone on the tube and started getting the Christmas fever, so I got out my new evergreen spray for the front door and hung it up. I even put batteries in the light string and turned them on and I don't care if the neighbors think I'm jumping the gun, we really need some holiday cheer around here. Also, found out that DS1's family will be coming down for Thanksgiving dinner, so we do have Turkey-day plans now!:D I'm gonna have to go shopping and start cooking!

Gary-hope your bro was able to fix the water line. That would really stink to have to dig that up and have that mess right now at the holiday. But, don't be trying to help at all and rip out your incisions:nono: Now, I was brought up with the belief that trouble always happens in 3's, so beware...there may be something else coming!

Rosebud-glad to hear that I'm not the only one who feels the need to start the Christmas decorating already! Hope that tooth issue works out. That would stink too, finding tooth pieces as you eat-ick.

Karen-you and your DH are in my prayers for healing of his arms and good results from the tests coming.

Hoping and praying everyone else is having a nice weekend. Take care!

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-21-2009, 07:50 PM
GARY ~ yah, I think you're right; seems we either have lots of company or almost none; not sure why that is. I guess people just get busy with the busyness of life. I am trying to make my health a life-long priority, so coming here for support and to learn from others just makes sense to me. It helps keeps me on track; kinda like a meeting would if I was part of a public group like WW or OA, etc.

I also think that when some people start to struggle or hit plateaus or a stall, or even gain a bit -- that they stop coming becuz they feel bad; but thankfully, some do come back when they realize that we are not here to judge them, just to support them in their efforts. We all have our ups and downs in this life. I think the most important part is to just keep going ...

We had a nice day today; we didn't quite get the weather that was predicted, but the :sunny: did peak out a bit this afternoon. I put on the last of my ornaments on our Christmas tree last night and this morning; now all we have to do is the wall decos and that won't take very long. We had some company for the afternoon; and we had a very nice visit with friends.

After a busy day, I put my legs up until suppertime. We had fish & baked homefries for dinner (I had sweet potato ones and DH had the regular); plus I had a romaine salad with mine. Got some exercise in this AM, and ate well today (kudos for that).

Hope all our friends out there are having a restful weekend; and do take good care of yourselves too ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

PS -- HI RONNI ~ looks like we were typing at the same time ... you know that you did the right thing, girl -- and GOD will bless you for it too! They have put a limitation on the vaccines here: those in high risk categories are receiving them first, and rightly so.

Good for you getting into the Christmas Spirit -- I so agree that we all need it these days, so us Christians have an opportunity to change the mood in our homes, our towns, and our countries. Yah baby, we have a job to do ... spreadin' the good word -- that GOD loves us and sent his son, JESUS, to share that love and joy with everyone.

Oh, and that's a nice picture of your boys in your new avatar; thanks for sharing that with us all ...

Karen31
11-21-2009, 08:18 PM
Hello all, Things are going along pretty well here. It has been a busy week seems like but really don't know what we got done???? Tim's arms and shoulders are about the same. I will be glad when they get him the appt. for the physical therapy. Still not for sure that will help but at least that is the place they want to start.

My sister called me this afternoon. Her son and his family are moving back in with them for awhile. Probably until the Spring anyway. They have one little girl about 3 year and another on the way. He has been accepted at MSSU and wants to get his teaching degree. Anyway, the reason she called is she is making room for them and wanted to know if I wanted her treadmill and incumbent bike... I have a treadmill but hers is much nicer and have I've been watching for a incumbent bike for some time. So they brought those over this evening. I told her I would just keep them here for her now and when things get back to normal and she wants them back she can have them. BUT in the meantime since I now will have 2 treadmills in my "woman cave" she could come over and we could workout together. I imagine after having the house to themselves for awhile there will be times that she may want to just get away for awhile... I've been there too.
I haven't started Christmas yet---but will after Thanksgiving is over. Although I did buy the new tree--just haven't put it up yet.

Gary, I hope your plumbing troubles got fixed today. That didn't sound like any fun at all.

Everyone, have a great rest of the weekend. Take care

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-21-2009, 10:41 PM
KAREN ~ ^PRAYERS^ going up for your DH and his arms & shoulders; I sure know how that feels. I had a 'FROZEN SHOULDER' twice: once after a baseball accident when I was younger -- I had to wear a sling as my arm was too heavy for my shoulder. It took about 1 week for the severe pain to go away; and at least another 2 weeks to rest it, but when I went back to work I couldn't lift any heavy objects for some time or I would risk reinjury.

I actually injured both my shoulders at different times; and the other one was the cap and I couldn't use my arm at all; that one took much, much longer to restore, but to this day, I cannot do certain things or I get pain and/or the crunchies (ie esp anything repetitive, or throwing a baseball, or even just vacuuming, so DH does it now: slowly). You have to find alternative ways to do things and learn to pace and limit yourself ...

GARY ~ yes, I sure do hope that you get your water back; been there, done that. How many times, I have had no water; and had to haul it or melt snow (no kidding) ... :lol: I could tell you stories ... but I won't bore you with them ... ;)

HOpe you all have a blessed and peaceful Sunday tomorrow!:hug:

Heidi58
11-22-2009, 02:55 PM
Hello!
I've been reading your thread for a while, but didn't want to 'horn in'. It's a great thread though and I'm starting to feel like I know at least a few of you so I decided it's only fair to let you get to know me too. ;)

Karen, the exercise equipment sounds like a double blessing! Not only will you have the use of it, but it sounds like you might be getting some extra time with your sister, too, when she comes to work out with you. :) I sure wish I lived close enough to my sisters to see them more often.

Karen31
11-22-2009, 04:14 PM
Welcome Heidi, Glad you decided to post some about you. I am pretty excited about the new(used) treadmill. My sister has done something where the belt is way out of line and Tim is downstairs right now trying to see if he can fix it. They tightened one side so far that it is hard to even try to get to. And the other side is way off too. I'm sure that if there is a way he will be able to fix it. It is really a nice one, even has a fan, and power incline! I'm hoping this will really get me motivated to jump back on that track--- been off for far to long!

Heidi58
11-22-2009, 05:13 PM
Thank you for the welcome. :hug:

The treadmill does sound nice. I hope Tim can get it squared away with a minimum of frustration! :)

I love my treadmill, it's an inexpensive one (Image 16.0Q from WalMart) but it's got the incline and fan, too. I'm not a runner, so it's got plenty of HP for what I need. We've had it 3 or 4 years now and it's still going strong. I prefer to walk outside but we live in rural Maine and for much of Nov - April it's too icy, too snowy or too cold to walk outdoors for very long.

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-22-2009, 08:13 PM
:welcome: HEIDI ~ you can jump in anywhere you like; that's what these threads are for. We are glad to have you join us here; and from your avatar, it looks like you may have some kiddies around you. Tell us a bit about yourself so we can get to know you too ... :D

KAREN ~ glad your DH is a handyman (as is my DH) so he can fix your 'newish' treadmill for you. I should get my DH to set up my rowing machine for me too, which is one machine that I can use with my bad knees and feet, but along with my ski-walking, I hope to get some exercise in this winter. Our weather is cool here but we are able to walk yet ... :carrot:

We had a gorgeous day of :sunny: all day. It was too nice to stay indoors, so we went for a drive this afternoon first to look at some cottages that were for sale (just for fun); and then we went to a lovely place where a great and mighty river has some pretty rapids and I took some lovely pictures as well.

Then we came home to a lovely roasted Chicken and veggie dinner that was baking while we were away; and it was delicious and healthy too. It was perfect way to relax on a Sunday!

Hope you all have a marvellous Monday; and do take good care of yourselves too ... :hug:ROSEBUD :hug: ^PRAYERS^ continue for you and yours ...

Heidi58
11-22-2009, 08:38 PM
:welcome: HEIDI ~ you can jump in anywhere you like; that's what these threads are for. We are glad to have you join us here; and from your avatar, it looks like you may have some kiddies around you. Tell us a bit about yourself so we can get to know you too ... :D

Thanks for the welcome Rosebud. No little ones in our house anymore - our children are adults and it's too soon for grandchildren. The toddler in the picture makes me smile, that's why I chose it for my avatar. :)

It sounds like you had a really nice Sunday. It was sunny and warmer than usual here today too so my husband and I got a quick walk in this afternoon.

Karen31
11-23-2009, 01:03 PM
I got this in an email the other day and I thought it was pretty cute!

EZMONEY
11-23-2009, 01:31 PM

Getting back to normal here :lol:... do any of us really know what that is?

The water line is repaired and water back on to our house, although we did have continuous water Y'd off my neighbors house, but haven't filled the trench in yet until we make sure there are no more leaks.

Good to be back at church yesterday :carrot: I really missed it, even if it was just for one week! I did fine, I was even able to do all the kneeling with little pain, mostly just some dis-comfort getting up from the kneeling position. No one is ever required or frowned upon if they are unable to kneel either, I was just able to do it :carrot:

Angie is at yoga now, she has the week off, when she gets home we are heading to Costco or Smart and Final to get Thanksgiving stuff. We are going to pick up a couple of Marines at Camp Pendleton then going to church for a dinner and activities in our new community center. I hope we have a good turn-out, not sure since a lot of people have their own family traditions...we do too but Angie and I decided to buck tradition this year and do something else. Along the way we will hook-up with the kids, they may even swing by church...we will see them and then on Saturday we will have Thanksgiving at my brother's house, when my sister is feeling better (hopefully) from her Monday morning chemo treatment.

Well it sure is great to see new people here and :welcome:

I have to go run an errand before Angie gets back...be back soon

Heidi58
11-23-2009, 05:05 PM
Just popping in to say hello.... I should be finishing up the last of my cleaning - my guests start arriving tomorrow! :D

Actually, I've got zucchini bread and chocolate chip cookies cooling in the kitchen and I needed a 3FC fix to keep me from 'taste testing' them. lol

Have a blessed evening! :wave:

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-23-2009, 08:43 PM
KAREN ~ thanks for sharing that with us all; it is a cute one ...

GARY ~ glad to hear the water is back on at your house and that you are feeling so much better too ...

HEIDI ~ boy, you are brave making chocolate chip cookies for your guests; I would have difficulty resisting those, so I don't make them anymore ... if DH wants them, we go pick up a few at the bakery instead. He's OK with that; and I appreciate his support in that area. Hope you have a great time with your company.

What day is your Thanksgiving this year in the US; I asked before, but I guess no-one heard me???

Just had a quiet day at home today; had to soak my leg to remove the scab but it is looking so much better this time than before. I am so thankful; I have noticed that the coloration is so much better now too. Am trying so hard to eat healthy; keep my sugars in line; and get proper exercises for my legs; and we can definately see improvement. Thanks for all your prayers too: they are very appreciated.

:wave: HI TO ALL OUR OTHER CE FRIENDS OUT THERE ~ hope you all are having a great Thanksgiving week too! Take good care ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

^PRAYERS^ continue for you and yours ...

Heidi58
11-23-2009, 10:22 PM
HEIDI ~ boy, you are brave making chocolate chip cookies for your guests; I would have difficulty resisting those, so I don't make them anymore ... if DH wants them, we go pick up a few at the bakery instead. He's OK with that; and I appreciate his support in that area. Hope you have a great time with your company.

What day is your Thanksgiving this year in the US; I asked before, but I guess no-one heard me???
Thanksgiving is always the 4th Thursday of November here. Just days away now. :D

My daughter is flying up from Texas, my son is coming home from the southern part of the state and my parents are driving up from Massachusetts...... I am so thankful that they're all coming, and I have so much fun making all their favorites, I don't mind that I won't be eating them this year. I do fine as long as I avoid that first bite. :p

The mince pie is the thing I'm going to have trouble staying out of, so I'm waiting til Wednesday night to make that one! lol

My husband doesn't care much for sweets, he's more the chips and dip type so I don't do very much baking now when it's just the 2 of us.

I'm glad your leg is doing better today, and that you had a nice day at home. Sleep well, and may God continue to bless you. :hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-24-2009, 09:42 PM
:wave: HI FOLKS ~ We are starting to feel the cold here, but we still don't have any ***** yet though. Made a nice pot of chicken & dumpling & veggie soup for lunch today: just the right thing for DH who has a cold and for me, for good healthy eating. I hope I have not caught that cold/flu; as I was a bit tired today and had some minor symptoms, but hopefully I will be able to battle that off!

DH went to visit his sister and BIL today, to see how our BIL was doing, as the last 2-3 times we/he went by, they were not home. BTW ~ DH says that he looked well and was in good spirits.

They told him that the health unit was offering another H1N1 clinic today, so he decided to go over and check it out. They said that he qualified today becuz of his age, and so he decided to get it. Then they told him that his joints would be sore for few days and to take it easy.

I just had a quiet day at home while DH ran errands for us and picked up a few things at the grocer to carry us thru the week too. He actually likes to do that becuz it gives him something different to do. I like that becuz then I can get things done here at home like making that homemade soup for lunch. We just had a simple comfort dinner tonight; nothing special, but still within my plan.

Hope you all have a WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY tomorrow; and do take good care of yourselves too ... ^PRAYERS^ continue for you and yours ... :hug: ROSEBUD:hug:

EZMONEY
11-25-2009, 09:49 AM

Just a quick check in here.

Not much new, got most of our Thanksgiving shopping finished and Angie has pies baking in the oven now. Weather is supposed to be real nice here for turkey day, in the 70's....our typical fall weather ;)

Angie and I took the dogs down to the beach yesterday, we were going to try and get at least 3 miles in, thought I was up to it :dizzy: Nope, could just get a little over 2 miles in. It was my first attempt at a long walk since my hernia surgery...ouch! I am fine this morning...iced the area last night.

It was a nice walk anyway, great weather and not too crowded. We ran into a young lady walking her 3 month old golden retriever puppy...she was so cute...my goldens fell in love with her :)

ROSEBUD ~ Sounds like you and DH were both quite busy yesterday :) Good to hear your BIL is doing better. The soups sound good...I love soup :carrot:

HEIDI ~ I'm like your DH...I can go all year...seriously...and never have a piece of pie/cake/candy...but oh my the chips...the chips...;) Is all your family there yet? Enjoy the time with them :)

SCOOTER ~ I hope your trip is going well :)

Hugs to all my CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGERS that are out and busy-busy right now :)

Heidi58
11-25-2009, 12:09 PM
Hello - Happy "Almost Thanksgiving". :)
It's a beautiful day here, too - a balmy 44 degrees. lol

My parents are about 20 minutes away, my mom just phoned to let me know they're getting close.

My daughter and the grand cats are in the air and I'm heading for the airport as soon as my mom arrives. (My husband is going to hold down the fort and entertain my Dad. :D)

My son had to work today so he won't get here til after supper, but he's called a couple of times this morning to check on everyone else's arrival times. :)

I've got all my baking done now (well except for the mince pie that I'll do before I go to bed tonight - that one's easy, I just open the jar and pour the filling in. :p) and so far I've been able to stay out of it. I did too much taste testing as I was baking last night :( but I behaved myself this morning.

Gary, I'm impressed that you were able to walk as far as you did last night. It feels like I was just reading about your surgery. I'm glad you're not uncomfortable today and I'm sure you'll be back up to full length walks in no time.

Rosebud, how's your leg this morning?
Does all our Thanksgiving talk seem odd to you? We used to spend a lot of time at Living Waters Bible Conference when the kids were still at home. It's close to the New Brunswick border and the staff and campers run about 50 - 50 American/Canadian. I remember a young boy telling us one year, "REAL Thanksgiving is in October". :p

Enjoy your Wednesday, friends! *hug*

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-26-2009, 04:20 PM
HI FOLKS ~ seems this site is having lots of problems again, so it is hard for people to get in and post. It seems so odd that they are having so many problems now when they didn't before: one of the notices said that they were hit by some kind of virus (aka cyber attack?). I have been having trouble with my security programs in my PC the last few days; not sure what is up there either and havn't been able to solve that yet.

And ... our dear car is broken down again; the same problem as before -- DH went to hook up our trailer and now the car won't go into gear, so we think that it may be a blown fuse again, but DH has been searching for 2 hours already and still can't find which one it is. Now he is going to try his fuse tester and see if that can find the problem. :dizzy:

DH was so upset, esp becuz his memory isn't as good as it used to be, and he already had memory problems before. :?: I have to keep reminding him that vehicles are one of the most unreliable machines man ever invented, but they are also one of the most useful too (just like PC's I think). They are notoriously troublesome, and there always seems to be something breaking down on them.

ANYWAYS, we still THANK GOD for all the many blessings we do have -- for they are too numerous to mention in one post. I just wanted to come in and say HI and I hope that you all are having a wonderful holiday celebration on your THANKSGIVING DAY there in the US.

Take good care and maybe we should put all our collective prayers together for this site so that the LORD can help them solve all these problems and get it running smoothly again ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

Heidi58
11-26-2009, 08:39 PM
Things seem to be working well again now. :) Among the many things I'm thankful for today, are the tech people who must have been working on fixing the problem when they wanted to be celebrating Thanksgiving with family or friends.

I'm sorry about your car Rosebud. :(

I'm about ready to fall asleep in front of the keyboard. I've had a wonderful day, actually the fun started yesterday. :D I've been out straight though, and it's catching up with me tonight. We've had such a nice visit. My dad has been tired but feeling really good. My mom and I walked a couple of times and that gave us a chance to talk a little bit. And as always it's so good to have the kids here. They were a lot of fun as children and teens but I really love the adults they've grown up to be. That's one of the reasons I can barely keep my eyes open tonight - we stayed up way too late talking last night. :dizzy:

Well, I've babbled on enough for one night I guess.
I hope that each of you had as nice a Thanksgiving as I did. My God bless each one of you. Sleep well!

Karen31
11-26-2009, 10:24 PM
Sure hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. I had my two brothers, my sister and her family and my aunt over. Had lots of food but I sent most of the leftovers home with everyone. I did keep some turkey breast.. Love it!

Rosebud, sorry to hear about your car again. I will pray that it is an easy fix.

Have a great night.

Heidi58
11-27-2009, 06:28 AM
Good Morning Karen! :)
I'm so glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. I'm like you - most of the leftovers are heading south with my son and my parents today. My daughter is staying through Tuesday but thankfully she prefers things like fruit smoothies to pies and cookies. :)

How's the treadmill working? Was your husband able to get the track balanced again?

Karen31
11-27-2009, 10:46 AM
Good Morning! Yes, it was so nice to have the family all together. Did miss my Dad a whole lot throughout the day but I know he was smiling when he saw all 4 of his kids laughing and having a good time together. My sister even helped me with the dishes! I was hoping that things that would get back to normal in time.

Heidi, Yes Tim did get the treadmill all ready to go. It is really nice. Now I intend to set aside at least an hour a day to go to my "woman cave" and do whatever looks like the most interesting for the day, or a combination of all! Just got to get that first day under my belt and I'll be on my way!

Have a great day... Not going out to tackle any sales today!

EZMONEY
11-27-2009, 10:42 PM

Well yesterday wasn't a disaster on the eating but not great either. I had way too many little wieners wrapped in bacon, guac and chips and cheese wrapped in meat! Dinner was just one plate of turkey, mashed and sweet potatoes, ham, a roll and some awesome green beans my son in law made. No dessert :)

We picked our two Marines up at the base at 8am then took them to breakfast. I had a mushroom and spinach omelette. We came home and visited, boy did they love our dogs and vice-versa! I thought they might sneak them back to their base...had to bribe them with the autographed Charger Girl calendars my DIL gave me to give to them ;)

We headed over to church about 11am, the boys hung out with the other 20 or so Marines that were brought by other members of our church. They got to play foosball, video and pinball games we have in the youth room, plus the huge TV.

We all had a great time...me especially :carrot: our Pastor's grandson was there...Pastor is 70 and still does great but can use a break when it comes to watching a 13 month old The kiddo's parents and grandma were working in the kitchen so I was the lucky one to co-babysit. The kid can throw a football...little one...thank goodness I had a 9 yr old little girl I know well willing and able to run and get it

We brought them back to the house for a few hours before we took them back to base. They sat around and watched that Happy Feet cartoon....and some bike show....Angie and I visited with them but also gave them some space to just rest and nod-off. They told us they had a great time, way better than they thought they would when they signed up for it.

I have peeled almost 30 pounds of potatoes for my scalloped potato dish for church, here and another Thanksgiving we will have tomorrow at my brothers house, where my entire family will show up. MY kids, dil and sil came down to church to hang out some with the Marines and us but went to my ex wife's house to celebrate her birthday and Thanksgiving.

Angie is up at her mom's now until tomorrow night. I had to send her a picture of one of our dogs with her gardenia bush in her mouth...she pulled the whole thing out of the pot outside... She has always pulled flowers off of it but now the entire plant! :mad:

I am refusing to weigh myself until I get some miles in!...Nah...I weighed in this morning at 187 so there is hope...small hope but hope. I did get 2 miles in today, the groin pain felt good enough to try again...so far so good..just a little discomfort.

Well I will catch up with some personals later...

glad we are back in business here!

be good

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-28-2009, 12:06 AM
:wave: Sounds like you all had a lovely Thanksgiving Day with your families; your are all blessed to have them so close to you. And we are thankful to the techie fairies who have been working hard getting this site fixed again. I was able to come by earlier and read but only now was I able to post.

KAREN ~ thanks for the prayers; like we thought, the gear fuse was blown and DH's eye-sight just wasn't good enuff to see it. He ended up calling the mechanic over so he will have to pay for the house call. At dinnertime he went to pick us up something to eat and noticed on the way back that his parking lights weren't working :yikes:; so tomorrow, he will have to check and see if another fuse if gone. I told him that I don't want him hooking that trailer up to our car anymore, as it is more trouble than it is worth.

Anyways, hope he will solve that tomorrow; I told him I will come out and look at the fuses for him if his eyesight isn't good enuff as I could see the fuse was burnt right away when he brought it into the house to show me. Even with his glasses on, he still couldn't see it.

I have just been resting and relaxing at home today, doing our usual daily chores and meals. Had a fun dinner tonight but still stayed within my daily allotment. We awoke to 4 inches of the white stuff ***** this AM, but it looks so nice and Christmasy on the trees; I am glad that it snowed finally as Christmas wouldn't be the same without the snow here. One of our neighbours is already putting his lovely blue penny lights on in the evening for the last couple of nights.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend; getting lots of rest after your busy holiday week. Take good care ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-28-2009, 04:57 PM
A GOOD NEWS UPDATE ~ just wanted to let all my friends here know that our car is working OK again; it was a fuse -- only DH had taken it out and put it back in the wrong place, which caused the problem. :dizzy: I am so glad that is over, as he gets way too stressed out over such little matters; but all is calm now, so thanks for your faithful prayers.

Also, I wanted to share with you all that my leg is really starting to heal up much better now; these types of things take a long while but I think we are finally seeing a victory here. PTL! I have been saying prayers over my leg and repeating the command of Elijah in the valley of the bones -- by telling my leg to heal in the name of JESUS!!!

Hope you all are having a peaceful and relaxing weekend ... :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

Heidi58
11-28-2009, 05:00 PM
I'm so glad to read this Rosebud!
God is good!

Karen31
11-28-2009, 05:38 PM
I thought that this was pretty funny! I got it in an email and I have shared it on a couple different threads..It just really made me laugh!

ADVICE FROM A RETIRED HUSBAND

It is important for men to remember that as women grow older, it becomes harder for them to maintain the same quality of housekeeping as when they were younger. When you notice this, try not to yell at them. Some are over sensitive, and there's nothing worse than an over sensitive woman.

My name is Ron. Let me relate how I handled the situation with my wife, Carol Anne. When I retired a few years ago, it became necessary for Carol Anne to get a full time job, along with her part time job, both for extra income and for the health benefits that we needed. Shortly after she started working, I noticed she was beginning to show her age.

I usually get home from the golf club about the same time she gets home from work. Although she knows how hungry I am, she almost always says she has to rest for half an hour or so before she starts dinner. I don't yell at her.. Instead, I tell her to take her time and just wake me when she gets dinner on the table. I generally have lunch in the Men's Grill at the Club, so eating out is not reasonable. I'm ready for some home-cooked grub when I hit that door.

She used to do the dishes as soon as we finished eating. But now it's not unusual for them to sit on the table for several hours after dinner. I do what I can by diplomatically reminding her several times each evening that they won't clean themselves. I know she really appreciates this, as it does seem to motivate her to get them done before she goes to bed.

Another symptom of aging is complaining, I think. For example, she will say that it is difficult for her to find time to pay the monthly bills during her lunch hour. But, boys, we take 'em for better or worse, so I just smile and offer encouragement. I tell her to stretch it out over two or even three days. That way, she won't have to rush so much. I also remind her that missing lunch completely now and then wouldn't hurt her any (if you know what I mean).. I like to think tact is one of my strong points.

When doing simple jobs, she seems to think she needs more rest periods. She had to take a break when she was only half finished mowing the yard. I try not to make a scene. I'm a fair man. I tell her to fix herself a nice big cold glass of freshly squeezed lemonade and just sit for a while. And, as long as she is making one for herself, she may as well make one for me too.

I know that I probably look like a saint in the way I support Carol Anne. I'm not saying that showing this much consideration is easy. Many men will find it difficult. Some will find it impossible! Nobody knows better than I do how frustrating women get as they get older. However, guys, even if you just use a little more tact and less criticism of your aging wife because of this article, I will consider that writing it was well worthwhile. After all, we are put on this earth to help each other.

EDITOR'S NOTE: Ron died suddenly on 31 January of a perforated rectum.

The Police report says he was found with a Calloway extra long 50 inch Big Bertha Driver II golf club jammed up his rear, with barely 5 inches of grip showing, and a sledge hammer laying nearby.

His wife Carol Anne was arrested and charged with murder. The all woman jury took only 10 minutes to find her not guilty, accepting her defence that Ron, somehow without looking, accidentally sat down on his golf club.

CountingDown
11-28-2009, 09:16 PM
Hi all - just a quick fly-in. We are back home and had a wonderful visit with family in TN.

Snow here in Northern MI. I'm trying to get caught up with everything, including 3FC. Prayers continuing for all - welcome to Heidi.

It looks like almost everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving!

It is good to be back with all of you!

I will catch up soon - hopefully tomorrow.

Prayers ascending!
Laurie :scooter

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-29-2009, 03:20 PM
:lol: THANKS, KAREN ~ that is funny! I was already imagining bonking Ron on the head with a virtual golf club after the first paragraph! ;)

HI LAURIE ~ nice to see you back; glad you had a good time with your family ...

:wave: HEIDI ~ yes, it has been a long process; sure must trust and have faith in the Lord, but kept the prayers going; and worked very hard to eat and live a healthier lifestyle too.

Hope you all are having a peaceful and blessed Sunday! :hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

ronni62
11-29-2009, 10:00 PM
hi, everyone! Hope you have all had a great Thanksgiving weekend! I've missed you, but have been so busy there was no time for me to come on here, so I'll have to catch up later. Just wanted to let you know I've been thinking about you all and keeping you in my prayers. We had my step-son (DS1) and his wife and 4 kids for Thanksgiving and they ended up staying until yesterday afternoon, then football banquet this afternoon too-I'm just pooped!

We're also having keyboard problems, so getting the computer to work has been iffy-not sure what the problem is, but hoping to figure it out quickly.

Take care and have a good evening and easy Monday, too!

Heidi58
11-30-2009, 06:12 AM
Good morning :)

Life is getting back to normal around here. My daughter doesn't leave until tomorrow but I'm back to work. My husband is home, so they'll have a little father daughter time today.

I'm up to my ears in church stuff this week, with Christmas right around the corner there's so much to do. We've got a float in the town parade to finish up before the weekend and a Kids' Christmas party on Sunday afternoon, plus all the regular holiday things... It's good though, I like to be busy.

Have a blessed Monday friends! *hug*

Justwant2Bhealthy
11-30-2009, 08:22 PM
:wave: HI FOLKS ~ had a nice restful weekend at home, keeping warm inside; had a bit of ***** on and off, but not too much. Did a bit of reading and answering mail and such just for fun. Last week, I read a book called "The Christmas Shoes"; then on the weekend, I finished off a book about Angels (called Angels at my Door,) which was fun to read about different people's encounters with Angels.

Now I am reading a nice story called "The Christmas Promise" by Thomas Kinkade: and it seems to be the positive Christmas story I was looking for, and I am enjoying it thoroughly so far ....

We had a busy day shopping today; walked my feet off and had to put them up to rest when we got home. We had a nice early dinner of spit BBQ chicken with a few tators and coleslaw (but don't worry, stayed within my daily alottment) and that was nice.

This week, I hope to do my housechores and laundry, catch up on mending; get all my Christmas cards and gifts done and sent out; write some letters; put up indoor wall decos; and put up our big red bows on the front deck tomorrow (we almost forgot them).

Our flock of ROCK DOVES has grown to about 25 over the last while; I don't know if they will stay all winter or not. They come by several times over the day, with a few that stick around quite regular and stare into our kitchen window: it is fun to watch them watch us though ... :lol: They are so friendly that they aren't afraid of DH or our NIKO either (DH thinks they know that he is tied up and can't reach them).

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A TERRIFIC TUESDAY TOMORROW ... :hug:ROSEBUD :hug:

PinkFlamingo
12-01-2009, 04:18 AM
Hi everyone!

How are you guys?

Sorry it has been so long.

I feel I am going through a 'dry period' in my spiritual life lately. I feel like I need God so much right now, but I don't feel as connected as I usually do. What things (aside from prayer) make you guys feel more connected to God? I find there are certain hymns that make me feel closer, and Christmas makes me feel so much love and pride for Jesus.

God bless all.

EZMONEY
12-01-2009, 10:01 AM
I have started December's Thread ~ Go here...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/faith-based-support-groups/187319-christian-encouragers-december.html#post3030242