Old 11-01-2009, 10:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/205.2/199

Height: 5'1

Default November Counting Calories Chat

I can't believe it is November already... where did the year go?!?!
Let's make this a great month!
NBaxter2512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 05:42 PM   #2  
Snflwr04

S/C/G: 200+ / 115 / ??

Height: 5'2"

Yes, let's make it a great month.

I count calories pretty much everyday. It helps, let me tell you. I start each morning at work with a small post-it where I track every calorie that goes in and every calorie I burn on my walking breaks. I've found that just writing down the number of calories helps me out more then writing down the type of food I ate.

Today hasn't been bad so far. I raked leaves for 1 hour or so and took the dog for a walk - but I ate 2 cookies and we are having bean and ham soup for supper with biscuts. Not heathly by any means, but tomorrow I'll do better
Snflwr04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/120/125

Height: 5'6"

Yay! Got the first round of raking the leaves done today It was a gorgeous day here.
Mollewogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 256/205.2/199

Height: 5'1

I did my raking yesterday and let me tell you, my shoulders were burning this morning! I did a lot of stretching and drank a lot of water today and they are feeling much better!
The sad thing about it is, DH and I own a townhouse so our yard is real small! I can't even imagine having to rake a large yard!
NBaxter2512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:22 AM   #5  
Lowcarb Loser

S/C/G: 315/200.5/150

Gorgeous here as well. I'm loving my morning walks this time of year. I'm happy I stayed on track yesterday. Today is going well also. I've figured out I need a small low calorie snack between meals, just something to munch on. This morning it is pickles and tea. We can make this month count towads our weight loss. No need to give up around the holidays!
Starzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:48 PM   #6  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starzmom View Post
No need to give up around the holidays!
Totally agree here. I don't typically loose a lot of weight around the holidays, but even a couple pounds each month is better than gaining 10 lbs or so around the holidays. Hope you ladies are having a great day.
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:38 PM   #7  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

I've been keeping a homemade (hearty) soup in the fridge to keep me on track no matter what the kids eat and they are so yummy! I used to be scared of soup recipes and wouldn't make one unless it was in the crockpot. hehe! But I'm finally getting the hang of it.

A "plain lentil soup" has been a good one for low cal. I made myself a mixed bean soup last night and just tried it. It is delicious! But when I added up the cals it's a lot more than I thought.

Fitday says just 1.5 cups of beans is over 300 calories. Add in the bit of other ingredients and a dollop of light sour cream and sprinkle of cheese and I'm nearly at 500 calories for one bowl of soup. eeek!

I'm leaving the cheese off next time for sure.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:28 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Height: 5 ft 3ish

I'm finally starting to feel more like myself today. I had the stomach flu last week and jumped into "normal" eating too soon. Well I went back to the BRAT diet yesterday and have felt so much better since. Nervous to start eating normally again now though.
HeaterAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:48 PM   #9  
This means war...

S/C/G: 277/237/199

Hello all, I cannot believe it is November already!

I've been rocking a sinus headache for over a week now. I just convinced my GP to give me antiobiotics because I know its an infection, I do not get these often but when I do I know what it is. The headache has really be screwing with my cardio, I cannot do it. I tried, but the resulting severity of my headache is not worth it.

I'm going to have to rely on calorie counting alone to make my deficits at least this week. Hopefully not longer. I've got a big ol' bag of salad in the fridge, lots of lemons and vinegar for dressing, and some chicken breasts to throw on the foreman. Low cal here I come. When I don't work out, my weightloss is nada. I'm hating this.

Coolmom75, I like to make an all veggie tomato based soup and keep that around also. And with the cold weather, this is sounding really appealing right now.
Mango30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:53 PM   #10  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Absolutely stunning day here--ran my four miles. I am feeling good. I have a shrimp/salmon dish planned for tonight. I cannot believe what I am eating with it--white baked potatoes! I was in the mood for the things! I am going easy on the toppings of course--but yum all the same. The SpLuRgE is fact they are white--not sweet like we normally eat on the rare occasions we eat potatoes. Hope all you chickies are doing well!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:16 PM   #11  

The kids wanted to go to the zoo today so it was a great way to get in some walking. Yay! Gorgeous day and stayed on plan.

I'm curious about what the BRAT diet is? ...just looked it up

Last edited by CoolMom75; 11-02-2009 at 09:18 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:35 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Height: 5 ft 3ish

The BRAT diet is Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Toast. It's what they recommend you ease back into eating after a stomach virus. When I called the doctor about my son having the stomach bug, that's the diet they told me to put him on to ease him in. I did it for him and he got well quickly. I didn't do it for myself and my sickness lingered and lingered! Started doing it about 48 hours ago and I feel GREAT now!

My bloat currently is ridiculous. I've been sick a week now and am finally on the upswing. Drinking my calories and my weight times 50 in sodium between the sprite and gatorade that has been keeping my tummy pain at bay. Feeling better now though and ready to get rid of this BLOAT. So back on the wagon as of right now.

This morning was not good.

So far I've polished off at least 3 servings of pretzels, 2 huge cups of gatorade and a sprite. I also ate some chocolate candy and a handful of Kix. *sigh*

But I'm not starting over tomorrow. I'm starting today. With a focus on healthful foods. I might go over my calorie allotment for the day due to overeating this morning, but as long as the rest of the it's with healthy foods I'll take it.
I'm thinking about easing into some exercise today as well. Nervous though. It was a really tough 2 video exercise session a week ago today that set off my stomach bug last week (realistically I know the exercise didn't make me sick, but it's like when you eat something and throw up...you know it wasn't that food that made you sick but you are nervous about it the next time you eat it nonetheless!).
HeaterAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:07 PM   #13  
Lowcarb Loser

S/C/G: 315/200.5/150

Good idea. Might as well start over today and save those extra calories you might have spent by waiting until tommorrow!

Soups...I love 'em but can't have much sodium or I bloat like a balloon. I make clear broth soups with some veggies and meat in them. Eat them often as an evening or noon meal.

I've been doing low carb for about 2 years. Still am but I've always counted my calories as I think that is the most important factor in losing weight. So here are my low calorie/low carb staples. The soups I mentioned. Salads! Love those with some no cal dressing or mustard even. Something I'm loving right now is these bran crackers. Lots of fiber and only 12 calories each. I top them with a protein item or low cal jelly. Sorry if I made anyone hungry. Have a great day! The weather has been absolutely stellar here lately.

Sickies take care and get well soon!
Starzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:06 PM   #14  
This means war...

S/C/G: 277/237/199

Today I'm going to stay on plan. I swear. I'll even work out, dangit, if my butt promises me I can fit into my cord skirt and tights this weekend...lol! Just say NO to the muffin top!
Mango30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:21 PM   #15  

LOL Mango! You can do it!