Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-01-2009, 10:15 AM   #1  
I'm on my way!

S/C/G: 260/172/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Horrible Week

Week three has been horrible. Week 1 I lost 7 pounds, week 2 gained a pound even though TOM was gone and I didn't go 3500 over for the week! Week 3 I have had a very tough time from a combination of things. One being irritated at the 1 pound gain. Two, jonesing for sugar and three Halloween candy flowing in from family for my kids. I only had two really horrible calorie days. I did lose the pound I gained when I weighed three days ago. I am feeling guilty right now and really want to be back on track.
TXMary2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:05 PM   #2  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

ah, chuck out the guilt. just look at it like lesson learned, what do you need to do differently next time to avoid those same pitfalls. and Halloween, goodie and candy laden holiday that it is, I'd bet many a dieter struggled and caved these past days.

Seven pounds is a lot of weight. Take it one day at a time, one hour at a time if you need to.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 03:26 PM   #3  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I struggled the past few days too, with stress, tasty food, busyness... that's life. Guilt does me no good - moving on DEFINITELY does! Make a change at your very next meal - make GOOD choices, do ten or fifteen minutes of some exercise, maybe plan out healthy meals for the next day, week, whatever works for you.

These are all things that will help you feel empowered, confident, and GOOD about yourself again. Make a commitment to doing better, and no matter what KEEP at it.

We're human, we sometimes slip up when we don't intend to. The real measure of your success is not how often you fall down, but if you then get back up. So get back up with me and let's do GREAT this week to continue on and down on that scale!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:59 PM   #4  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

What is it they say?...If you keep doing what you've always done, you'll keep getting what you always got. I hate to be the meanie to have to say it, but you only really have 2 choices here.

A. Get back on your program now and move on, (forgive yourself, but realize it is okay to be disappointed in yourself.)
B. Eat up all your kids Halloween candy and feel like more crap.

(hint: pick A, pick A. )

Last edited by Lori Bell; 11-01-2009 at 09:03 PM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:30 AM   #5  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

LOL @ Lori. Yeah, pick A. You will never regret it.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:19 AM   #6  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Lori hit the nail on the head! Those are choices that we can choose from everyday... I choose A.
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:40 PM   #7  

Around this time of year you will have many hurdles like this, but it is empowering when you can say "I don't eat like this anymore" and move right back into your weight loss routine. Two days is nothing to jump off the wagon for! You can do it!
twinklebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:29 PM   #8  
I'm on my way!

S/C/G: 260/172/160

Thank you! I have let go of the guilt, but for some reason I still feel like I am starving. I am ok with my calories today, but I have wanted to eat all day long. At one point I felt really shaky and nauseaus so I ate a single serve pizza and it went away. I realized I hadn't had any carbs and I think that is what made me feel so badly.

It is only 7:20 and now I have to get through the evening without eating again because I am at 1750 calories for the day. Yesterday after I wrote this OP I didn't have anymore candy, but I binged on pasta. I don't know why suddenly these past few days I feel so out of control. I think when I get through tonight I will be over the hump.
TXMary2 is offline   Reply With Quote