Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 10-31-2009, 10:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Default FYI - Cheap pampering

I'm sure many of you already know this, but I am just figuring this out and I feel the need to pass this on to anyone who may not be aware of it.

I think the more we can pamper ourselves or do things for ourselves to make us feel better/prettier it helps in our weight loss efforts and just overall body image and self esteem in general. The problem with this is it can be costly and also can be hard to get appointments that suit your schedule. I recently found a great solution to both....

Beauty schools!!!!!

I'm willing to bet that most of us have a beauty school somewhere close by, and these students have to have so many hours of experience to get their lisences. You can go to these places and get the same salon services for much cheaper prices. AND don't be afraid of someone goofing your hair because the instructors supervise the students and fix any mistakes.

I live about 30 minutes from one located in Paris, TN and here are some of their prices...

Full pedicure with painted toenails - $13
Full manicure with painted fingernails - $7
Toes polished only - $2
Fingers polished only - $2
Hair cut -$8
Full set of nails - $25
Highlight and cut - $35
Highlight - $25

Also.....appointments seem to be very easy to get as there are many students needing the hours!

You can also look around for massage schools too for discounted massages!
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 11:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

There is a school a couple of miles from my house and I have gone there many times with great results! Some of my best haircuts have been from there.

Great idea to share with everyone.
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 11:13 PM   #3  
~Veronica~

S/C/G: 277/264/252

Height: 5'8" Age:26

Hmm, I'll def check it out! =) I like cheap and dont mind being a practice dummy! hehe

Thanks!
VernDern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 12:09 AM   #4  
One day at a time....

S/C/G: 288/234/199

Height: 5'5''

kinda on the same subject, we were talking about massages. I know there are schools in town that you can get massages from students (from the massage therapist program) at like 30 dollars for 1/2 hour. Its something to look into, if you love them!

Last edited by srr728; 11-01-2009 at 12:10 AM.
srr728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:52 AM   #5  
Deb

S/C/G: 257/240/150

Height: 5'5"

great idea - while i went to beauty school (skin care) - we held clinics 2 days a week and were always busy...you're right, it's a great deal.

Call around and book a couple appts though, I remember appts filled up quickly once word got out we were open each season. (usually from around Jan-Jun)

As mentioned above, massage students/also great rates
lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote