Weight Loss Surgery - Ok, three weeks out and I'm doing better after my tummy tuck

missangelaks
10-31-2009, 04:41 PM
I still have one drain left (my artificial testicle we call it because if it's placement. :lol:) which is supposed to come out Monday (they keep putting it off! I'm seriously looking forward to my "sex change", 3 weeks is enough! hehehe)

Though I would NOT do plastic surgery again; though I will not have anything else done (was thinking about arms, breasts, thighs and buttocks. NEVER!); I am starting to see the results. It's looking good! The scars are minimal, the pain is fading and the swelling is going down enough to see how I might look in a few more weeks!

pics later....ok maybe much later! hehehe I need this scars to fade a bit more and not look quite so Frankensteinian. ;)

Angela

dolfingirl2000
10-31-2009, 06:37 PM
Are you using PreferOn? It's for minimizing scars and it works great! I had a tummy tuck a few years ago and my doctor told me that I had a scar most people would be absolutely jealous of. It's almost non-existent and I used that stuff religiously. :)

missangelaks
10-31-2009, 07:37 PM
thanks for the tip!! I will get me some!

jonesk
11-01-2009, 04:56 AM
Would you recommend this surgery, or was it really just too painful? :P I've lost a lot of weight and for that, I'm happy... but I'm still so self-conscious when it comes to the skin issue. I've heard the surgery is horrible pain-wise though. You say you wouldn't do plastic surgery again, but if you were thrown back in time would you do it over again?

xbubloox
11-07-2009, 11:21 PM
I am getting one of those very soon, and frightened of the pain! yikes!;)

Leenie
11-08-2009, 10:47 AM
That sort of surgery scares me too. I'm sad looking at my flabby arms and belly but the thought of that sort of surgery just scares the crap out of me.

Angela I'm so happy the pain is fading :hug:

GinaG
11-08-2009, 01:12 PM
Here's hoping to your sex change on Monday.You are so strong to go through all that I'm glad the pain is going away and you are real happy with what your seeing. Thanks for sharing your journey because you are honest about what the whole process is about and it helps those of us contemplating it make a better informed decision. Good luck tomorrow and I hope it's a painfree removal :hug:

sindurella
11-08-2009, 02:33 PM
I just started my savings account so I can pay for my breast lift, arms and thighs. I am pretty sure my insurance will pay for the tummy tuck.