Support Groups - Worldly Chicks navigating through November nicely

Shad
10-31-2009, 05:30 PM
Here we are then. Navigating through November and planning a challenge to Decembers's (and Year's) end.

To go back to the old thread - click the link. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/183111-ooof-duh-worldlies-find-themselves-october-already-8.html

Shad
10-31-2009, 05:45 PM
So today is our Sunday, 1st November, second to last month of the year. Yikes, where has the year gone. I know where the money has gone, but the year is WHERE??

The fence went up more or less just fine. Today we have to put in a couple of sleepers under the fence - DS2 painted them last night, almost by the light of the moon, and the panels have to be fitted into the gaps. The guys worked well together and most of it was pretty standard. Just the odd 'I don't want to know what you just did, just make sure my fence is still standing when I leave this house'. So, given that, it will be finished today and Murphy the dog (next door) will be let out of jail. I've also nearly finished painting the rafters (well undercoated them anyway) so I will need to do some calculations for roofing materials up there soon. Then I have only a few things left on the to-do list before I start planning the next major project. Never ending plans.

Anyway, I had better go rouse up the worker bees and get this thing done. I'll be back later.

MELODY525
10-31-2009, 05:51 PM
http://images-partners-tbn.google.com/images?q=tbn:3MuvnZWDusFdFM:thepowerofless.com/photos/champagne.jpg

GET READY CHICKS!!
TOMORROW STARTS OUR NOVEMBER NEW YEAR'S CHALLENGE!!!

http://images-partners-tbn.google.com/images?q=tbn:bG-BxdZ4le6vPM:www.piercemattiepublicrelations.com/fitnessdivision/weight_loss.jpg

BY THE TIME WE ARE FINISHED WITH 2009 WE'LL BE HAPPY AND HEALTHY AND HOPEFULLY.......

http://images-partners-tbn.google.com/images?q=tbn:mxPmzn1zjnOP3M:zenhabits.net/fotos/20081228newyear.jpg

WEIGH LESS!!!!!!!

SHAD....THANKS FOR STARTING THE NEW THREAD. GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE :rofl: I WAS JUST GOING TO DO THIS AND THEN JOIN THE KIDS FOR DINNER. RICHIE'S COOKING!! GOTTA LOVE A MAN THAT'S NOT AFRAID OF THE KITCHEN!! YPUR RENNO "TEAM" IS DOING VERY WELL UNDER YOUR GUIDANCE :rollpin: ALL KIDDING ASIDE...I AM GLAD GREAT PROGRESS IS BEING MADE!
OK...I JUST DELETED MY LAST POST AND BROUGHT IT OVER HERE INSTEAD. HAVE A GREAT SUNDAY!!

MELODY525
11-01-2009, 08:27 AM
MEL NAVIGATES INTO NOVEMBER AND SEES NO ONE IS AWAKE YET & SHADDIE MUST BE SLEEPING BY NOW TOO.... SHE TURNS AROUND TIPTOES OUT :sssh:

ceejay52
11-01-2009, 02:55 PM
Mel
I'm awake, even at 6.30 a.m. It's back to work for me.

where is every one?

Shad
11-01-2009, 03:30 PM
Always quiet in here over the weekend. Everyone has lots of things they'd rather be doing. Says a lot for our jobs hey!

Time to get dressed and start the day. Morning to Mel and Ceejay. Happy is of course yurting and leaf peeping. No doubt she will be in when she returns to the real world.

MELODY525
11-01-2009, 04:16 PM
:wave: HELLO SHAD AND CEEJAY:wave:

I THOUGHT I WOULD SAY HELLO NOW BECAUSE THE OFFICE IS SHORTHANDED TOMORROW AND THERE ARE THINGS TO DO TO GET READY FOR ELECTION TUES. MY BOSS JUST CALLED TO ASK IF I WOULD "DO HER A FAVOR". BUT HER UNCLE-IN-LAW DIED AND IT'S A GENUINE EXCUSE. THE DAY MAY GET AWAY FROM ME AND I WANTED TO WISH EVERYONE A GREAT WEEK AHEAD OF TIME. SO....
HAPPY MONDAY/TUESDAY! :moped:

diyana
11-02-2009, 08:56 AM
Happy Monday ladies -

My home computer is dead. DH hopes it's the motherboard and power supply as he has spares of both. But DH has the flu (don't know if it's H1N1, but it's bad), so the 'puter probably won't get fixed for several days at least. So I'll be posting from work. Shhhh, don't tell my boss, okay?

Had a good weekend...got lots done. I found out one of my nieces from California is coming to Milwaukee for training on 11/13 and 11/14, so she'll stay with us on the night of Sat. 11/14 and Sun. 11/15! I can't wait to see her!! But that means cleaning and lots of it. So all my weekend exercise came in the form of housework, yard work and carrying stuff up and down the stairs to and from the basement (laundry, putting away Halloween decorations, etc.) But believe me, I got in two days of really good workouts, only resting occasionally when the back was yelling at me to rest.

Today is going to be a crazy, crazy busy day at work, so I'd best get to it.

I'll try and check in with y'all later!

Lots of love,

happy2bme
11-02-2009, 09:10 AM
Howdy ladies,

November already? Ack. Heading into my not favorite time of the year where I race the sun to get home at night. I don't have good night vision for driving and I get blinded by the oncoming lights so my days/nights of dark driving are coming to an end. What with the time change, it gets dark a whole lot faster so this means I need to get out of the house earlier so I can get in early, leave by sunset.

So... no time to post this morning. Will be back at lunch.

Hope you all had a good weekend. :wave:

ceejay52
11-02-2009, 10:55 AM
Happy
Did you get to enjoy any of your vacation? I understand about the driving in the dark.

Michelle
Cleaning always gives me a good work out. Sorry to hear about the dh being sick.

Mel
Is suppose to be working today.

Annie
How are things going with you and your mom?

Shad
I think you are in the wrong field of employment. You need to be contracting other folks modeling and repairs.

Brrr it's a bit nippy this morning. I need to buy a new coat for this winter. I may need to do that this week end. Speaking of cleaning I need to start cleaning down stairs.

annie175
11-02-2009, 10:58 AM
Monday AGAIN! Whew....

MEL...I don't usually check in on the weekends cause the puter my bro gave me is ancient, slow and dinosaurs stick out of the keyboard...PLUS working 8 hour shifts at CVS kills me, I got called in on Friday night too. Yikes. When I get home from there I drink a glass of red wine and crash.

Saturday nite at CVS, even tho and 8 hour shift with only a 20 minute break to go let Bella out and Jen's dogs (Butter and Gypsy) out (was dog sitting all weekend too), was a blast. SO many peeps came in dressed up. These best one was the young girl dressed like a flapper, and I mean to the T. She was very pretty to boot. We had a guy come in with a red swimming noodle (sponge floatie thing) sticking out of his pants in the unzippered P*NIS area. Not sure what that costume was supposed to be, but I was tired and it struck me funny and couldn't quit laughing. Had a little 2 yr old all dressed in white with halo and wings, the most gorgeous angel I have seen in a while.

Shad...thanks for starting the new thread. You Rock once again. Congrats on the 4 lbs down. One the best reports of the challenge. You are awesome.

Chelle....home fried computers, must be the season for it. Several of us chickies have had it lately. Hope your day isn't too awful busy. Take breaks for Chelle time.

Ceejay...hope your day goes well also. Up at 6:30 am? Just about 1 1/2 hours after my rising.

Momma is doing sooooooo much better....prayers and thoughts do work! Thank you! The dialysis removed a gallon of toxins from her system, and lost 9 lbs over it. If she does well today on dialysis, she moves to rehab tomorrow (Tuesday). Her color was back in her cheeks and was a little ornery yesterday when I visited.

Made homemade cinnamon rolls with cream cheese icing drizzled over them yesterday. Made them for T, however he didn't make it over last night. Was sleeping too long to get up and get over before work. He will be over tomorrow night and I will send them with him then. He doesn't sleep well in the day time so he is forever tired.

Not much else going on here, work tonight at CVS. It will be crazy as it is truck day. Lots of the stuff that starts with C that we are not supposed to mention yet will be on the truck.

Hello to everyone.

Love and hugs,

annie175
11-02-2009, 11:00 AM
Happy... have a great day, glad you got home safely. Was the vacation good?

Ceejay...you sneaker innner this morning. Today is great for Indy. Sunny and 56. Very light wind, if any. I will take it.

annie175
11-02-2009, 11:24 AM
Oh yes the New Year's challenge.....Check in day will be Thursdays, just as the Halloween challenge. Your challenge will be up to you, it is on improving something whether it be weight loss, exercising/moving more, eating healthy/OP, staying positive/happy moods, you choose. First check in will be Thurs, Nov 5, which just happens to be my DDs 24th BD. Yikes SHE is getting old. lol

We have 8 weeks till New Year's Day. I would love love love to be 145 by New Years Day. Today I was back at 159, and feel like a cow. Changing my name to Elsie.

It is only 138 days til Spring, which means shorts, bathing suits, etc.

Goodluck everyone!!!!

MELODY525
11-02-2009, 12:07 PM
:welcome: HOME MISS HAPPY! HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT VACATION! BE CAREFUL DRIVING AT DUSK...I KNOW I HATE IT TOO. I TRY TO GET TO THE STORE BEFORE IT CONMES. CAN'T FIND THE STREETS!!! :scooter:

MICHELLE~ HOPE DH FEELS MUCH BETTER SOON. SORRY TO HEAR IT'S THE FLU. SEEMS LIKE EVERYONE ON THE COMPUTER IS GETTING IT!! MUST BE FLYING THRU THE INTERNET. HUGS FOR HIM :hug: HOPE YOUR ANKLE FEELS BETTER NOW TOO AND YOU WILL ENJOY THE VISIT WITH THE NIECE!!

JEANETTE~ A NEW COAT??? LOVE TO SHOP!! :dance: GET SOMETHING NICE FOR YOURSELF AND TELL US ABOUT IT!

ANNIE~ I AM GLAD MOM FEELS ORNERY...AND HOPE THAT'S A GOOD SIGN!!! :rofl: SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS FOR THE PT TO COME!!! HOPE SHE DOES WELL. YOU BETTER BE TAKING CARE OF YOURSELF....I KNOW I SOUND LIKE A BROKEN RECORD BUT IT'S FLU SEASON AND IF YOU GET TOTALLY RUN DOWN...WELL YOU KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN. :hug: I HAD A LAUGH AT MR. P*ENIS MAN. WTF!!! THERE IS ALWAYS ONE IN EVERY CROWD!! :rofl: :rofl:

:coffee: GOOD MORNING CHICKS.
JUST CAME BACK TO HAVE MY BREAKFAST. THE DAY BEGAN WRONG AND IT TOOK THIS LONG FOR JOHN AND I TO STRAIGHTEN IT OUT. I JUST SENT HIM TO THE LOCKSMITHS AND ALSO TO EAT. WITH HIS DIABETES HE SHOULD HAVE EATEN BREAKFAST HOURS AGO ME TOO, :tantrum: BUT WE HAD A LEAK THAT ANOTHER MAINT MAN LEFT UNDONE SINCE SATURDAY NIGHT. WTF :rollpin: NOW 2 APTS ARE FLOODED A BIT. AZZ HOLE!!! SPEAKING OF HOLES...HOPE HE LIKES THE NEW ONE I AM GOINGTO RIP INTO HIM WHEN HE COMES TO WORK AT 1 O'CLOCK!:lol3:
OK....THE MICROWAVE IS DONE. HAVING A FROZEN QUICHE FROM TRADER JOE'S...I LOVE THEM!!!
HAVE A GREAT DAY :moped:

annie175
11-02-2009, 01:04 PM
Um Mel...Most men ARE azzholes...some just are extra azzholish!!!

annie175
11-02-2009, 02:47 PM
Mom's 3rd dialysis went well today. She is being transported to rehab as I type. When/if she gets stron enough, she will get to go home.

diyana
11-02-2009, 05:24 PM
Annie - I'm sooo glad your mom is doing well! :hug: That's wonderful!! Big hugs to you both! Luvya sister!

Shad
11-02-2009, 05:39 PM
Morning all,

Annie, so pleased to hear that Mum is doing well. Goodonya Mum.

Michelle - hope the DH can fix the computer soon.

Happy - Welcome back. Now back to the grind.

Ceejay - If I had my time again, I would be going for a completely different job. Why is it that when we get older and nobody thinks we are 'with it' any longer, the perfect job solution pops up for us???

Mel - Wish we could muddle them all up and find the perfect maintenance man. Oh what am I saying??? Does 'perfect' and 'man' go in the same sentence???

Gotta go. Things to do, places to go, people to annoy. Back later

Laura705
11-02-2009, 07:16 PM
Shad –Thanks for the new thread! Glad the fence building went fine. Sleepers? Appropriate that DS2 painted them at night then, lol. Yay, Murphy the dog is free!!

Mel – Hope the next two days go smoothly and are not too much of a PITA for you!

Challenge day #1 yesterday did not start off well for me, since I was digging into leftover Halloween candy yesterday! Not enough trick-or-treaters to wipe out our supply. At the end of trick-or-treating hours, we usually give the last kids whatever we have left, but neither of us was thinking of that this year, and bf hadn't pulled out the candy he likes, so it's still sitting here tempting me. We need to get rid of it. If necessary, I will take it to work and drop it off in our common/vending area on the next floor up. It's that period between getting home tonight and setting it out tomorrow that will be another test.

Michelle – Hope DH feels better soon. A fellow department member is home sick w/ the flu and thinks it's H1N1. She'll have to be home for a while if it is. Sorry your computer died!

Hi Happy!

Ceejay – I need a coat for between now (still not too cold) and hard core winter, but if I wait long enough I won't really need it…

Hi Annie – Haven't gotten to read your post(s) yet!

Okay, time to post, shut down and get outta here. Have my bone density test tonight.

happy2bme
11-03-2009, 08:55 AM
Good morning chicks,

Sorry I didn't get on at lunch. Got a call from a friend at work who just got his job eliminated. We went to lunch to commiserate.

Had a bit of a difficult time driving home last night and it wasn't even totally dark. I guess I need to get out of the house at 6:30 and work 7 to 4. That will be a rough adjustment for a night owl.

Vacation was good to get away. Unlike last time where we went up on the mountain and stayed there for 5 days, this time we did alot of driving around - looked at houses 2 days - saw 2 I we really liked alot. Took a look at the nearby towns for future living potential. Each day we had a schedule of things to do so it wasn't quite as restful as before. We also had bad weather - heavy winds on Wednesday night - thought the yurt would blow down and rain and fog on Thursday. A prior ice storm and lots of rain this season did the leaf color in - this was the dullest color season in 10 years. A tree here and there but mostly all brown. But it was nice to sit in the hot tub outside in the very, very chilly but clear night Friday and Saturday. We watched some movies and the time flew by quickly. Here it is November already.

Laura - good luck avoiding the candy. Our office was filled with candy everywhere - a literal mine field of chocolate :lol: Is this your first bone density test?

Busy Shad caught me peeking in on Facebook when we tried out the wi-fi at the yurt - worked much better this time around. I was really just checking the weather :o So did you think of a new career yet?

Annie - very glad to hear that your Mom is doing better - what a mess she has had to deal with. Hoping for a speedy recovery for her and the end to the medical woes.

Mel - I am jealous that you are having quiche. If you had said something earlier, I'd have been there in a flash - with a mop to help wipe up :rofl:

Ceejay - is there an income tax in AR? We don't have one in Tennessee. And what's the state sales tax?

Michelle - sorry to hear the computer died at home. Hopefully DH can work his magic on it. Nice to hear you have company coming. I always look at it as a bit of a nudge to give the house a good once over. In fact DH has accused me at times of inviting people over just for that reason ;)

Well - I'm over my alloted time on the computer this morning. Best get out of here - earlier I get in, the earlier I get out. Have a good one ladies :D

annie175
11-03-2009, 09:59 AM
Good Tuesday Morning...

Got pinto beans, ham, hambone, onions spices in the crockpot today for dinner tonight with T. Shall make some cornbread, have the salads all ready to go. Saved the cinnamon rolls for his dessert. SO spoiled.

Next door neighbor left for the hospital early this morning, hopes to deliver baby boy, Leeland. Hadn't heard that name for a baby in a while. He will be baby brother to Mitchell who is almost 2.

Sure was a beautiful full moon last night. I could tell as customers were crabby and mean last night. So were the other associates. As a matter of fact, when I left CVS last night, I told them all they could kiss my fat arse. lol all the way home at them.

Shad...I am good a annoying people, maybe I could join you. Beats working in here today.

Chelle...thank you for your kind words. Have a great day!

Laura...how'd the ole bones come out?

Happy...even tho the weather sucked and the vacay was not as restful, it beats the H out of going to work. Early in, early out on work days.

Hi today only 51 but sunny, I will take it THe weekend is sunny, dry and mid-60s. Yes yes yes, however I work both days. Yik.

Hello to all

Have a terrific Tuesday.

Much Love and Many hugs.

diyana
11-03-2009, 10:39 AM
Morning ladies -

Another busy day ahead at work, which is a really good thing. I was really feeling under the weather after work yesterday...nauseous, dizzy, etc., so I took a pass on the gym. I'm feeling better today; and after I complete a phone meeting with one of my client's vendors, I plan to either go to the gym or do some seriously aerobic housecleaning, probably the latter as company is coming. My SI joint pain is flaring up this morning...but hopefully it's just a temporary flare up and two Aleve will take care of it.

Shad - If I were in my early 20s, I would go to vet school. BTW, I'm not sure if 'perfect' and 'man' go together....but my DH, Happy's DH and Annie's T probably come close. Maybe Laura's bf too. I'm great at annoying people, just ask my DH! :lol3:

Laura - I too gave in to leftover Halloween candy last night. I begged DH to take it to his work. DH managed to go to work today, even though he probably shouldn't have. The doc doesn't think it's H1N1 or strep (he tested for both), but won't know for sure until tomorrow. I know what you mean about a "between" coat. I have a purple one that I like...but after the Vikings and their azzhole traitorous diva QB beat the Packers twice, it might be awhile before I wear purple (one of the Vikings' colors). So for now, I'm wearing a nice medium weight Packer jacket. Hope the bone density test went well.

Happy - Glad you had a nice getaway and got a lot of future living research done. Bummer that the leaves were past peak and the weather wasn't optimal. So sorry to hear about your friend. That sucks. I don't like driving in the dark either. But with my work hours (6:30 to 3:30) it's always dark when I come to work. Luckily, not as many people on the road at that hour. The earlier hours will be an adjustment for you. I hope you'll be able to go to sleep before midnight/1 am.

Annie - Dinner sounds yummy! When should we all be there?! :lol: Okay...you told CVS associates to kiss your arse and yet you're still working this weekend? Guess you didn't tell the boss, huh? :lol: I wish we were having warm weather this weekend! It might get up to the mid 50s, which isn't too bad, but it also might rain. :(

Mel - Is today election day? I hope they didn't rope you into working. Stay away from the crowds full of sick, germy people.

Gotta run for now!

Love and hugs,

annie175
11-03-2009, 12:29 PM
Chelle....Yes, even the boss heard me. If they don't have anything nice to say in a civil, calm manner, they can just shut up and kiss my arse. You all may come for dinner, anytime after 5:30 EST, would be perfect. Hope you and DH get to feeling better. Yikes, no sickies, you hear me, no sickies.

Friday night is DDs birthday dinner night....she wants...meatloaf, baked potatos, greenbeans, salad and homemade apple pie for her "cake". I am taking a few hours vacay time in the afternoon so I can go home and meet her requests. lol It really is an easy dinner. Last year it was fried chicken, that's more of a PIA.

Associate brought pumpkin bagels and pumpkin cream cheese from Panera. Yep, couldn't resist it, heck, didn't even try. I suck. Of course, it was quite yummy. I have to get a hold of myself and these sheety eating habits. Soon I will be as big as a barn. And I am talking a 3 hayloft barn too! My little belly is so full and buldging. I should be shot.

Tis all for now till I think of something else to babble about. Can you say bored today?

diyana
11-03-2009, 01:52 PM
My DH did the nicest thing today! He took ALL, and I mean, ALL of the leftover Halloween candy to work. I had asked him to do that, but I thought he'd be too sick to remember. Anyway, he took it to work, and even though he put a "Biohazard" sign on his office door, he put the candy on a table outside the door in the "safe" zone. He said his co-workers are enjoying and appreciating the candy as much as my waistline is appreciating the lack of it! :woohoo:

Annie - Your DD's bday dinner sounds yummy too as do the pumpkin bagels and cc. I'm doing okay so far on the eating. Had an egg beaters and veggies omelet, a FiberOne bar for a snack, veggie soup, and a salad with spinach (gotta get my iron up so I can donate blood on Thursday). Tonight I'm making spaghetti for DH.

annie175
11-03-2009, 01:55 PM
Chelle....Yah for the DH taking candy to work. He is awesome. Your day of eating sounds just right. Good for you. How about a little spinach with that spaghetti tonight?? Get that iron up, girlfriend. love ya

MELODY525
11-03-2009, 03:41 PM
:cry: I AM HAVING A REALLY BAD DAY. IT'S JUST A CONTINUATION OF YESTERDAY'S BAD ENDING. THE ELECTION, THE BUILDING, THE SENIORS, THE AZZHOLES, THE OLD WHEELCHAIR, 2 FIGHTS WITH 1 POLITICIAN.
HE TOOK A CHEAP SHOT AT ME TRYING TO BE FUNNY....AND I TOLD HIM EXACTLY WHAT I THOUGHT OF HIM AND THE TOWN. EVEN THO I WON, IT WAS DISTRESSING TO HAVE TO GO THRU THIS ALL IN ONE FOOKING DAY. SORRY NO PERSONALS. HAVEN'T EVEN GOT THE HEART TO READ. GOING TO LIE DOWN AND WATCH TV.

annie175
11-03-2009, 04:15 PM
Bless your heart MEL....Big hugs to you my worldlie sista. xoxoxoxo

Laura705
11-03-2009, 04:20 PM
Annie – Glad to hear your mom's dialysis is going well and that she's in rehab and eventually will go home. Glad your Halloween was fun, even if you had to be at work. Sorry last night at CVS was not a good one! Sounds like another yummy crockpot meal at your house. Bf got the pot roast stuff in the crockpot this morning, so that'll be our dinner tonight.

Happy – Sorry the weather wasn't great during your vacation, but I'm sure it was nice getting away from the usual routine. How true re having company to the house as an excuse to do a thorough cleaning! We're hosting something in mid-December, and I'm thinking what else we should plan so as to take advantage of the efforts that will certainly take place to whip the house into company-ready shape. Yes, it was my first bone density test and I came out somewhere in the middle of the normal range. Next one is in two years.

Michelle – Hope you feel better today! The word "perfect" is not the one I'd use for bf. I'd have to think of the right word... Nice of dh to get rid of the candy for you. Last night bf picked out the Halloween candy he wanted and put it aside for himself. It better be out of sight by the time I get home tonight! I took the rest of it and put it in my backpack to bring to work. Dug out 3 pieces last night, and 4 this morning during my train ride to work! I have no willpower whatsoever! I put what was left of it on the counter of the coffee room this morning and I’m pretty sure it's all gone now. You mentioned a fiber bar and I just have to report that right now I'm fighting the tooty effects of a granola bar with high fiber content. I think any one food product that has 20% of the daily value for fiber intake is just too much for me!

Shad – Not sure what type of work I'd do if I could choose today. Still trying to figure that out.

Mel – Sorry you're having such a crappy day. If you won, I hope this means the politician lost! Hope you get plenty of rest and relaxation and some good tv to take your mind off the last couple days. :hug:

Hi Ceejay!

Okay, need to get some more work done today. Have a great rest of the day everyone. Movie tonight is "The Invention of Lying". Hope it's funny.

diyana
11-03-2009, 04:32 PM
Annie - DH won't eat spinach with the spaghetti, but that does sound like a great idea! Thanks!

Mel - What a crapload to deal with all in one day, or two days. Sheesh! What azzholes, including the politician! Big hugs to you, sister. :hug: :grouphug: I hope you're enjoying a relaxing evening with grandson and some good tv/movies.

Laura - I think any bf who gets the crock pot going in the a.m. so you can have an easy dinner ready and waiting is pretty darn close to perfect! :lol: I have no willpower either when it comes to the candy...and I even bought stuff I don't like all that much. It would've been worse if it were M&Ms or Snickers or whatever. Last night, I was trying to determine which candy I wanted to keep, and when I concluded that I wanted nearly all of it and just a few pieces wouldn't do...I decided then and there that DH had to take it to work. Thank goodness he did! I know some people have bad effects from FiberOne bars...not me though, even though they are 35% of the daily value for fiber. And they taste good and are only 2 points.

Ceejay - Hope you're having a good day!

One hour left in my work day...and lots to do. Better get to it.

Hugs,

ceejay52
11-03-2009, 06:02 PM
Happy
We have both taxes. The only thing we are taxed for is groceries and I'm expecting that to be next. I'll have to check on the amount. I agree with the fall color's. Last week was the one for sight seeing down here. Sorry to hear of any one having their job eliminated.

Annie
Your mom is progressing well. That reminds me that I need to call about my aunt.

Michelle, Laura and Mel a big hello:wave:

I'm not in a very talkative mood today.

Shad
11-03-2009, 07:03 PM
Morning all,

Glad to hear that you are all getting rid of the sweets and stuff that you buy to ruin the childrens teeth at Halloween. We don't really celebrate it here although some people keep trying to get it going. So far the population is resisting.

Laura - Murphy the dog is not yet free. His yard is not finished because the gate did not arrive on time for that part of the build. So Murphy is contained until this weekend. My photos of the fence have just been uploaded so you will get to see my new fence soon. Good luck on the bone density test.

Happy - glad to hear the week off went well, even if the leaves were not great. Always good to take a look at how the other half lives. Sorry to hear about the poor blokes job loss. Rotten sods.

Annie - dinner sounds nice. I'd come over, but I really can't be bothered shifting myself to get on a plane. However I will think of you lot and drool at the appropriate time. A lot of work going on in your life, but it must be necessary otherwise you wouldn't do it. You can join me in being an eccentric, annoying and specifically vague old lady anytime you like.

Michelle - Nice to know there are some almost perfect men in this old world. I don't go anywhere much to find any of them and I wouldn't pick an Australian anyway. But there you go. I'm obviously fussy and not frustrated (but I would be very frustrated if I got the 'normal' Aussie male.

Morning Ceejay and Patty. Mel is off annoying the office staff and making a nuisance of herself in the maintenance department. Love it, wish I was there to join in.

Today, the kids are going to sit around and study (yeah right) and this afternoon I will take them into town and we will have a drink and nibbles at the Breakfast Creek wharf with DB2. Then they are off to the airport to fly home. It's been a pleasant week. I hope they have enjoyed themselves.

Anyway, it is time that I moved along and started some more grouting. I need to ring someone and get up them too. That should put me in a right mood for an hour or so.

MELODY525
11-04-2009, 09:12 AM
DAMNATION...THE PAGE JUST LOADED AND NOW THE DOOR REPAIRMEN RANG THE BELL. GOTTA GO :scooter:

annie175
11-04-2009, 09:19 AM
Good Morning/Happy Hump Day/Trash Day/and NO CVS tonight..that is tomorrow night. Yeeehaaaaaa!!<------that is hick talk for Yippity Skippity! LOL

Shad....you never know, I may just take you up on that annlying old lady thing at your place....there are no normal men, just close to it as they are not the perfect gender...we are! You will be pleased to know I did NOT buy any of that nasty teeth rotting candy for Halloween...I chose to work instead so I wouldn't be bothered with answering the door 50 times. Ba Humbug!

Happy/Ceejay....we pay both taxes ... Federal and State. We get taxed on everything EXCEPT groceries. Our state tax is 7 percent....2 percent of that goes to fund Lucas Oil Stadium (Sports Areana). Doesn't that suck. That wasn't up for vote either, it just happened to us. B*ST*RDS! Indiana has always been kind of dumb.

Chelle...the pinto beans/ham and cornbread were quite delish last night. Lots of protein. We had the salad from Sunday as well, it held up pretty good in the fridge.

Well started out the door this morning, and thought, holy crap I gotta poo. Bella ran out, had to yell/chase her so ended up sh*tting my pants. Thank God I was still at home. Went back in and started all over with cleaning/dressing for work. What a way to start the day!

Nellie brought in to work homemade cranberry/nut/orange bread to share for a breakfast start. I had a small piece and it was quite good. She is a good baker. I think I am going to get my cottage cheese with tomato as well.

Not much else going on other than sprinkles and 50 today. I am sick of rainy days, however on a bright note, IT IS NOT SNOW....yeah!

Hello to all

Love and Hugs.

annie175
11-04-2009, 09:20 AM
MELLIE...so far your week is sucking. Hugs my worldlie friend.

diyana
11-04-2009, 09:24 AM
Morning ladies -

Looks like I'm the early chick today...

So much going on this week and weekend. In fact, I think I'll be busy right up through 11/16, which is better than being bored I guess. :) I've got lots of cleaning to get done, freelance work (which I'm NOT complaining about), and if the weather cooperates DH wants to go fishing on Saturday...one last time before we put the boat in storage for the winter. My dog Doppler is going to the vet today after work for a follow up. Tomorrow after work, I'm going to the gym for my fave classes. And Friday evening is a meeting with a website client. I'm gonna have to learn/utilize some time management skills - an area I'm not that strong in. Can you come help me Shad? You're so good at that!!

Ceejay - I hope work is going well and that you're feeling okay. :hug:

Shad - There is nothing wrong with being fussy when it comes to men. I made the mistake of not being fussy enough the first time 'round when I was young and stupid. So glad you had a nice visit with the kids!

Mel - I hope you get a chance to relax today, free of maintenance men, office staff and azzholes.

Love and hugs to all,

diyana
11-04-2009, 09:28 AM
Annie - you're the sneaker inner today! Enjoy your night off tonight! I hope the rest of your day is less sh*tty than your morning. As you said, at least you were home. I'm hoping for a rain-free, snow-free week/weekend. We'll see what happens. The cranberry bread sounds yummy. I had a bagel and cottage cheese for brekkie.

MELODY525
11-04-2009, 10:59 AM
:cofdate: I AM JUST GOING TO PRETEND THE LAST 2 DAYS AND THIS MORNING DID NOT HAPPEN. TALKING ABOUT IT JUST P*SSES ME OFF ALL THE MORE. :rofl: AND I HAVE A SNEAKY SUSPICION I MIGHT HAVE HAD SOME BP PROBLEMS YESTERDAY. I JUST FELT "OFF KEY" FROM THE SHOULDERS UP. A LITTLE WHILE AGO, ONE OF THE MAINT MEN CAME IN AND I LEFT HIM WITH THE DOOR MEN. TODAY IS A REST DAY FOR SURE. I TOLD HIM I WAS SICK AND HUNG OUT THE SIGN. TOMORROW IS TRADER JOE'S.

I DID READ ALL YOUR POSTS AND WAS GLAD TO HEAR ANNIE'S MOM IS HEADING IN A GOOD DIRECTION. SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT MICHELL NOT FEELING 100% AND HAPPY'S FRIEND LOSING THE JOB. :wave: TO LAURA AND SHAD AND CEEJAY. I WILL BE BACK TOMORROW AFTER SHOPPING.....AND HOPEFULLY IN A MUCH MORE IMPROVED MOOD! :dance:
HAPPY WEDNESDAY/THURSDAY :moped:

ceejay52
11-04-2009, 11:24 AM
Popping in to say hello--:wave: Things are quiet at work.

diyana
11-04-2009, 12:01 PM
Mel - I'm glad you're taking a rest day! You deserve it. Rest, relax, nap and watch good tv programs.

Ceejay - So nice when things are quiet at work! Enjoy!

happy2bme
11-04-2009, 02:23 PM
hi all,

was running behind this morning - chugged down the coffee (pumpkin spice) and ran out the door. No computer time this a.m.

Ceejay - quiet days are good and few and far between - enjoy them.

Michelle- you are the busy bee, right there with Annie and Shad. Glad to hear you got some extra web work. I guess you'd be one of those loudly booing Mr. Bret at last week's game? :lol: Hope the pup gets a clean bill of health. How's DH doing?

Annie - the cranberry bread sounds delish. I have a tricky stomach with my meds - it's no fun. I'm not sure I could handle it on a permanent basis.

Oops - boss calling - be back later...

diyana
11-04-2009, 03:06 PM
Happy - I wasn't at last weekend's Packer game, but I was booing the traiterous diva each time he was on the TV screen. DH's fever came back with a vengeance today...but he made it to work. He said the "biohazard" sign he has on his office is keeping his co-workers away, making for much fewer interruptions and allowing him to get a lot more work done.

Annie - My niece who is coming to visit had the lap band surgery several months ago. I'm not sure how much they have tightened the band though. She's losing fairly gradually. Is there anything I should or shouldn't have on hand when she visits? I guess I could just ask her directly. :lol:

annie175
11-04-2009, 04:52 PM
MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm Happy....love love love pumpkin spice coffee. Coffee Mate finally got their pumpkin spice creamer out. I bought some and brought it to work, however EVERYONE is enjoying it!!

Hi back at cha Ceejay! Quiet at work is not all bad. Enjoy it while you can.

MEL....have a peaceful day, my dear!

annie175
11-04-2009, 05:18 PM
Chelle.....some great staples for RNY patients (me) and I assume it would be good for lapbanders (your neice) is string cheese, low fat or no fat cottage cheese, SF yogurt, apple juice (100% only), broth soups like veggie, chicken/rice, even chicken noodle might be alright, believe it or not meatloaf, or very very tender pot roast. I will check it out for lapbanders and get back to you maybe tomorrow. It also depends on how restricting they have her lapband pulled.

Laura705
11-04-2009, 06:20 PM
Shad - Hope the drinks and nibbles at the wharf were tasty. Nice that the kids' visit went well.

Annie – Thank goodness you were at home when the sh*t incident occurred! Mmm, cranberry/nut/orange bread!! Enjoy your night off CVS.

Michelle – Sounds like you'll be ultra busy the next several days. Sorry DH's fever came back. On the bright side, he's being rather productive in spite of it!

Mel – Hope the BP is back where it's supposed to be today! Enjoy the quiet today and your Trader Joe's trip tomorrow. Love that store!

Ceejay – Quiet at work is good! I'm sure it's especially good in an environment like yours, where an alarm sounding means a problem for sure. Enjoy the quiet.

Happy – hello!

This day is just crawling by for me. Unfortunately, our company has had to make some staff cuts and today is when the employees were terminated – about 25 between 3 different offices. Sad. One of our admins is transferring to another department next month, so we didn't lose anyone through termination, but the open position won't be filled. We'll get through it. No guarantee further cuts won't be needed down the line though. Company meeting is this Friday to discuss the 2010 outlook.

Last night's dinner was crockpot roast – yum! I like meals like that.

I didn't care for the movie "The Invention of Lying". Just didn't do it for me. I thought Ricky Gervais' other recent movie, "Ghost Town" was better. He's very funny. I need to look up the schedule for cable channel BBC USA and find out when the British version of "The Office" is broadcast (he's in that). I've caught it once or twice by channel surfing, but I'd like to DVR it regularly.

Food's been alright the past few days. Scale's been showing 184 the past two days, so we'll see what it says for tomorrow's challenge weigh-in. This is TOM week, and I'm surprised I haven't had the usual couple pounds of water gain and bloating. I think cleaning up my eating a bit has definitely helped reduce my sodium intake and so I’m retaining less water. :)

Have a good rest of Wed/Thurs! :)

Shad
11-04-2009, 08:55 PM
Weigh in day and I have stayed the same, or rather I haven't, because the weight shot up over the weekend and I have managed to pull it back down to where I started last Thursday. So no change for me. Just wish that I hadn't put it on to have to take it off again. Bah humbug.

The kids went home yesterday and we all gathered at the coffee bar to say goodbye. It was pleasant, however I wasn't exactly thrilled that DS1 had left me with very little petrol to get to the airport and back with deviations. He did give me petrol money however and the wee petrol light was flashing quickly when I finally managed to find a servo. That means I had less that a spoonful of fuel left. Next trick is that it starts beeping and then everything stops, usually in close proximity to each other. But I made it. Called in at the takeaway on the way home and they were the slowest people I have ever seen in a takeaway/ fast food bar and the chips ended up soggy as well. Not a good move on my part, but it hasn't affected the scales as of this morning. That's not to say it won't do it tomorrow.

No personals right now. I'm off to have a coffee and watch a tv program, then I am off to do some shopping for dinner tonight and a few vege and fruit for the week. I'm nearly out of coffee as well.

So behave. I'll be back later to see whats up with the post.

diyana
11-05-2009, 08:24 AM
Happy Thursday ladies -

Today's agenda is donating blood in the am (assuming my iron count is high enough :crossed: ), followed by weigh in at lunch time (how much does a pint of blood weigh? Hopefully enough to wind up with a loss for the week! :lol: ), and meeting with a website client after work. Doppler had a good time at the vet...yes, he actually enjoys going there because the vets and technicians are SOOOOO nice and spoil him rotten. :) We'll find out the results of his blood test today or tomorrow.

Annie - Thank you SO much for taking the time to suggest some stuff to have on hand for me niece. Most of it is stuff I keep on hand anyway. :)

Laura - I think I'm gonna be ultra busy the next week or so, but I don't mind. Sorry that your company had to make staff cuts...it's so difficult when companies have to downsize. I'll keep my fingers crossed for your 2010 outlook. Where I work, we're hoping to have a good Holiday (Thanksgiving through Christmas), and do better than our competition. BTW, I LOVE crockpot roast. Dang, now you've got my mouth watering. I'm gonna have to make one this weekend - something nice and easy so I can go fishing and do some cleaning. You didn't like "The Invention of Lying"? I haven't seen the movie yet, but I thought the previews looked good, and Ricky Gervais is really funny. Great job cleaning up your eating. :bravo: I need to work on reducing my sodium intake.

Mel - Hope you enjoy the TJ's trip today.

Shad - Glad you had a nice goodbye to the kids. Isn't it frustrating when you loan someone your car and they nearly run it out of gas? Glad you made it to the servo.

Happy - How are you doing with the earlier work hours? I was thinking of you last night as I had to drive 25 miles each way to the vet and back after dark. It was cloudy here yesterday and got dark even earlier. At least it wasn't raining. When it's raining I sometimes have trouble seeing the lane dividing lines. Not fun.

Ceejay - I hope you have another quiet day! Enjoy!

Going to sign off for now. I'll check in after weigh in. Please keep your fingers :crossed: for me.

Hugs,

happy2bme
11-05-2009, 09:13 AM
Good morning all,

Fingers crossed Michelle for a good weigh in for you. Don't count on the blood donation contributing to it - tried that myself :lol: Although those bags look like they are heavy! Good for you for being a donor. The people here torture me - I think they are new out of school and they can never find my veins. I gave it 3 separate attempts and finally called it quits. I am transitioning into the earlier work hours. So far so good. I'm even waking up before the alarm. DH is just going to have to drive me on heavy raining days/nights as that is the worst. Just glad I don't have to navigate the snow any more although the snow actually "lightens up" the area, unlike a dark and rainy night.

Shad - yay for getting the kids off :rollpin: for them leaving you nearly dry in the car. It's a guy thing I think where they are sure you can drive at least 300 miles on fumes. :rolleyes: Now back to the routine for you, eh?

Laura - sorry about the job cuts. That's always so hard. The stock market is improving a bit but the job situation still sucketh. And I don't see it getting any better. There's a bit of sadness for those leaving and a bit of relief for those who escaped the ax only to wonder when it will swing again.

Annie - I have one cup left of the pumpkin spice coffee and just a smidge of the creamer left - you are welcome to it. I like it but can only handle one cup a day - it's kinda strong on the spice. Very nice of you to share your coffee creamer at work. I'm sure it went fast. The pumpkin spice creamer is tasty enough to perk up the not so great coffee at work and make even it taste yummy. Glad to hear your mom is doing better.

Good morning Mel - it's a new day - did the mood improve? Sorry to hear you had a string of not so great days :hug: Time to declare a Mel-i-day and tell them all to fook off :lol:

I would rather eat spinach salad, sautee it or even put it on pizza but I can't see doing it on spaghetti. But thanks for the tip about the iron - add some mushrooms and you have a double shot there! :lol:

:wave: Ceejay

Time to leave - catch you guys later. Have a good one.

annie175
11-05-2009, 09:46 AM
Happy Birthday to my baby girl, Samantha Christine, turns 24 yrs old at 4:58 pm today. Some things you never forget...lol

Visited with mom again last night, I tell you I just want to smack her. She just doesn't give a hoot about anything or about getting better even tho she is making tremendous progress. The rehabilation joint does not have her diet correct and served her mashed potatos and corn bread. I told her not to eat them, but she just looked at me, shrugged her shoulders and ate it anyway. Bullheaded. Dad and my oldest brother are going up to their hometown in Marion, IN to get funeral arrangements made and paid for the both of them. That is just too weird and sad for me.

Chelle...I thought of something else for neice...refried beans, yep, but only those from taco bell or any canned ones off the shelf that don't have lard in them. Just the beans and water, spices. Oh and I am sure that the blood weighs about 8 lbs. lol. We are having a blood drive here on the 12th, I hae already signed up. Started doubling up on iron as I am usually anemic. Hopefully I will be good to go, plus I haven't had a period since August 20th, just saying that probably jinxed myself into starting. Goodluck at WI and at the blood drive. xoxoxo<-----for the needle stick!

Happy...glad you are adjusting to the earlier hours. I still hammer my snooze button to the point that it is now broken. I must invest in a new alarm clock with a steel snooze button, if there is such a thing. Oh if you have Speedway gas stations, they have a tasty pumpkin spice cappacino. It is not quite so sweet tasting. I add a hit of regular coffee to it also.

Shad...sign me up for the coffee and tv this morning. I will gladly join you for some java....

Laura...you should be a movie critic, you do such a great job for us. I love crockpot roast. Amazingly tender! Hope your WI goes well also.

Hello to everyone...Patty, Ceejay.....

Love and Hugs

annie175
11-05-2009, 09:57 AM
MELLIE....how's the BP? How's the mood today? Hugsssss

diyana
11-05-2009, 10:36 AM
Happy - So nice that DH will drive you to work when it's nasty weather. My DH will drive me if the snow is too deep, but not for rain.

Annie - Sometimes parents can be soooo bullheaded and not want to do what's best for them. It would be awesome if a pint of blood weighed 8 lbs! I'd love that! My iron was high enough for me to donate!! Yay! Since I'm O negative (the universal donor), they just LOVE my blood! So I like to donate as often as they let me. Guess the extra spinach and other iron-rich foods is helping keep my iron up! :woohoo:

ceejay52
11-05-2009, 11:04 AM
Mornning Ladies

No sooner than I posted the comment that it was quiet at work the lights blinked and the plant was in operation. Guess where I was!!!!! in the bathroom no doubt. Luckily I didn't lose the filters.

Mel
How are you feeling today?

Annie
Is your mom still improving?

Michelle
The main reason I'm cleaning is because my sister is coming Thanksgiving week end. I could finish today but I have a doctor's appointment out of town.

hello to Happy and Shad.

Weigh in this morning was 196.

As mentioned previously I have a gyn appointment this afternoon in Jonesboro, AR. If it's not to late in the day when I'm finished, I'm going to go visit a friend.
Got up bright and early this morning, 6.30 a.m. I've accomplished most of the laundry.

diyana
11-05-2009, 01:21 PM
Ceejay - Sorry to hear yesterday wasn't quiet after all. Hope the gyn appt goes well. Your sister's coming T'giving weekend and you're nearly done cleaning? That's wonderful! Can you come help me with my cleaning, please?? I think I'm just gonna have to clone myself this weekend. That way, 1 of me can fish with DH; another 1 of me can do website work; and another can clean.

happy2bme
11-05-2009, 02:16 PM
well, I'll be darned - slaps head!

I looked up how much blood weighs. 1 unit of blood weighs 525 grams or 1.15 pounds. I guess those bags are heavy after all. A gallon of blood weighs a bit over 8 pounds. Learn something new every day!

Michelle- had to laugh about cloning yourself and splitting up :rofl: If only - huh? :lol: We're getting some nice cool for working outside weather ourselves. And the inside of the house has so many projects and heck, in 3 weeks we will be off and have a long weekend :dance: So... if you figure out how to make this dividing work, please email me - fast :write: :lol3:

I am O positive - not quite a universal donor but popular enough that they want my blood too. :vampire:

Ceejay - it's a lovely day out there - enjoy your drive and your visit with a friend.

Mel - hope things are holding up for you. Here's a :hug: in case you need someone to pin your arms down so that you won't belt 'em one in the kisser :D

Happy Birthday Samantha Christine :hb: To be so young and have the whole world ahead of you! And to have good hair and nice (not veiny) legs. I'm jealous :lol: Hope you enjoy that delicious meal your momma is making for you. The chicks here are standing in line for leftovers.

Annie - I hear Speedway has great coffee but they are more of a northern place. We finally got a Dunkin' Donuts here somewhere in mid-town. They have good coffee too. And my favorite peanut donuts. Damn. Now I want a donut. :lol:

There is the most incredible looking Pumpkin spice layer cake on the KraftFoods.com website. I tried hard to avoid looking at it but it looked so light and yummy.

I am trying to figure out what to do for Thanksgiving this year. Would almost like to go out because with just the two of us, I get awfully tired of leftovers when we have to eat them for about 6 - 8 meals. The trouble is, I seem to be getting full quickly so a few bites after the dinner salad is done, I'm ready to stop eating. Guess I have some time to figure it out.

Back to work for me...

diyana
11-05-2009, 03:16 PM
Weigh in update....down 0.6 lb, not great but much better than a gain.

Happy - Thanks for looking up the weight of a pint of blood. I guess donating the pint of blood helped! :) We're actually going to have Indian Summer here this weekend (highs in the low 60s)...which makes DH all that much more anxious to go fishing. My DH and I are also thinking about going out to T'giving dinner, since it's just the two of us. I wish I would get full after the dinner salad. That sounds like a blessing!

Annie - Sending lots of happy birthday wishes to Samantha Christine!

annie175
11-05-2009, 03:21 PM
Happy....you and DH should drive on up here to Indy and spend Thanksgiving with us. We get up at 3 am to go black Friday shopping. Well, truthfully I have never been, I usually get up and wake everyone to go, they leave, and I go back to bed. lol. You could hit a Speedway Gas Station for coffee on the way. I love Dunkin Donuts coffee, but Speedway is cheaper. I am all about the dollar and right now Speedway has all their 16 oz coffee for 99 cents. Wooooooohooooooo!! Including their pumpkin spice coffee. Maybe Chelle lost 1.5 lbs today because of the blood drive. Can't wait to see her results. and I always type "results as R E S L U T S". You have heard of R-tard well now there is R-slut. hahahhaha I am also "O" positive blood. O pos or neg is considered universal.....here is an interesting blood thingy.....when my mom had her masectomy, I donated blood in her name in case she needed it. They did and now she has a pint of my blood in her. Pretty cool huh? Man am I babbling or what??? I am so sleepy I could curl up and take a nap. Except the boss is in today. No nappy for me. Nell, an associate, brought in a round chocolate cake with cream cheese pudding middle, cool whip topping for Sherry's BD. I no likie chocolate so I just ate the cream cheese middle and cool whip outside, my justification for eating it was that I left the biggest part on the plate. haha. Just made my appointment for my 3 year check up for bariatrics. Feb 9th. She is booked till then, glad I called now cause Feb 12 is my 3 year anniversary. If I had waited, it would of been April or May before I could of gotten in. Ok, I will shut up now.

annie175
11-05-2009, 03:22 PM
Chelle...you can come on down for Thanksgiving, so far it will be me, you your DH, Happy and her DH. We probably won't eat till around 3 or so.

annie175
11-05-2009, 03:24 PM
Oh Chelle...and congrats on the loss, too bad we can't give blood on a daily basis...lol

Laura705
11-05-2009, 06:12 PM
I'd started a post here but lost it. Grrr. No time to comment right now, but my weigh in was 184 today, so down a pound from last week. :) Haven't been exercising. :(

Hellos to everyone. More later.

MELODY525
11-05-2009, 06:28 PM
I APOLOGIZE THAT THERE WON'T BE ANY PERSONALS TODAY EITHER. SORRY SISTER CHICKS.

FIRST I WANT TO SAY THAT JEN & RICHIE ARE OK ...BUT THEY HAD A HEAD ON COLLISION WITH A HUGE BUCK DEER ON THE WAY HOME FROM THE TRAILER. BOTH OF THEM HAVE WHIPLASH-TYPE PAINS AND RICHIE IS HURT MORE THAN JENNIFER. BOTH HAVE SLEPT MOST OF THE DAY. I AM "COOKING" DINNER AND DELIVERING IT IN NA FEW MINUTES. TRADER JOE'S HEAT AND SERVE...GOTTA LOVE IT! :hun:
SORRY I HAVE NOT BEEN ON MUCH BUT I NEED SOME TIME TO GET IT TOGETHER. IT'S BEEN THREE DAYS FROM H*LL AND I NEED SOME DOWN TIME. MAYBE I'LL BE BACK OVER THE WEEKEND. STAY WELL AND BE HAPPY. SENDING HUGS :hug: AND KISSES :love: TO ALL MY FRIENDS.

Laura705
11-05-2009, 09:07 PM
Mel - So sorry about Jen & Richie's accident! Thank goodness they weren't more seriously injured! Sending best wishes to them for their speedy recovery!

Shad - not nice of ds1 to leave you on empty! I hate when bf does that (every once in a while), and of course it happens when I'm in a hurry to get somewhere and don't really have time to stop and gas up. Staying the same means no gain, so yay for that. :yay:

Michelle - Yay for the loss. :cp: Good for you donating blood. I always have the screener check my iron before all the other stuff - I've been deferred in the past for that. Hope the optimistic weather forecast for this weekend holds up and you get to go on that last fishing trip of the year. :) And I want to get outside and finish cleaning up the garden beds in the backyard. A loss is a loss! Congrats!

Happy - I don't donate at the on-site blood drives anymore - those people seem less experienced than the ones at the regular donation centers. A whole turkey for 2 people would definitely be a lot of leftovers. How about just a turkey breast instead? Oh, forget that, you've got an invite from Annie, so you're all set. :carrot:

Annie - Sorry your mother isn't helping herself with her health, and the rehab people are helping matters with the food they're serving her! How frustrating for you. Not a fun thing to make burial/funeral arrangements, but I'm sure it must provide some peace of mind. I have a love-hate relationship w/ my snooze alarm. Today it put me behind and I had bf drop me at the train or I woulda missed it. You don't like chocolate???!!! I suspected you weren't right in the head, and this confirms it. :rofl: Happy bday to dd. :)

Ceejay - Sorry your day didn't stay quiet yesterday. Today I was happy to return from lunch and sit on my arse all afternoon when the fire alarm sounded and we had a fire drill. Okay, much better a drill than a real fire. ;)Hope the gyn appt today went okay.

That's all for now. Have to get some dinner going. I think it'll be stir-fried chicken and veggies.

Cheers

ceejay52
11-05-2009, 09:17 PM
Mel
There is a lot of incidences of people hitting deer in the Paragould area. Enjoy your down time.

Laura
Good job on that pound loss

Happy
Whatever made you look up how much a pound of blood weighed? It's good to know though. I know how much a gallon of water weighs (8.34 lbs)

Michelle
Congrats on the pounds lost. Any thing is better than a gain. I'm doing routine cleaning. I really want to get a schedule started whereas I can clean a room in 15 to 20 minutes.

Annie
I would have devoured that slice of cake. Chocolate and cream cheese makes my mouth water.

The gyn is not my favorite place to go but it was nearly a have to case. He did a biopsy and while doing that he found a polyp and removed that. I'm more than sore right now. He brought tears to my eyes. He wants to wait until the test results come back before he tells me for sure that surgery is needed. It's not gonna suprise me any at all next week to hear him say surgery.

Shad
11-06-2009, 06:23 AM
Evening all,

It's been a really busy day today and I haven't had much time to post on here until now. I went for a walk early and did my cruches then had to go down to the Gold Coast to pick up my friends Mum who is quite sick and couldn't get herself to her appointment. Since I am home, I volunteered. Then it was a case of get changed and go get some more stuff from the shed, then some housework and finally over to DS2's new place to start sanding the walls for an all over paint job. DS2 was ripping out the shower and redoing some of the rotten walls getting ready to put in a new shower.

I'm consequently feeling somewhat tired and am ready for bed. So this isn't going to be a long post.

Ceejay - hope you feel better tomorrow.

Mel - so sorry to hear about Richie and Jens accident. How awful for them. Hope they feel better soon and that the car can be repaired before too long.

Michelle - a small loss ibetter than a gain any day. Keep on keeping on.

Laura - 1lb down. I'll take it.

Happy - probably kinder on your pocket to go out for the Thankgiving dinner. Or go to Annies. I'd be there if I lived closer.

Okay - thats about it. Can't think anymore. Body is wearing out faster than I thought. Lots of things are beginning to hurt. I'm off to the end of the alphabet - zzzzzzzzzzzzz Night all.

annie175
11-06-2009, 09:12 AM
Mornin'

Not in a good mood this morning, people here at work just P*SSIN' me off.

MEL....hope all gets better in your world. Let's cross off this week.

Have a great weekend.

Love and hugs,

ceejay52
11-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Annie
Hang in there. It's Friday and the week approaches.

Shad
Get enough of those zzzzz's. Do you take a day off fromo all those projects?

diyana
11-06-2009, 02:27 PM
Happy, Happy, Happy Friday!!!

I'm tired today...and so glad it's Friday. Last night, had a meeting with a website client that went longer than anticipated. Now I've got even more stuff to keep me busy this weekend, which is good in a way. At least it won't be all work (website and cleaning)...DH and I are hoping to go fishing tomorrow and we will of course take a break to watch the Packer game on Sunday.

Mel - So sorry to hear about Jen and Richie's accident!!! What a relief that they are okay for the most part. I hope their whiplash pain eases up very soon. Did they go to the doctor/hospital? My dear sister friend, take whatever time you need to destress, decompress...you've had a helluva week. We're here for you! :grouphug: :hug:

Laura - Congrats on the weight loss!! I'm usually deferred from giving blood due to low iron. But for the past few months, I've been eating a big salad with lots of spinach every weekday at lunch...so I think that's helping my iron a lot. The stir fried chicken and veggies sounds yummy.

Ceejay - I didn't quite lose a pound....just about 1/2 a pound. But better than a gain. I'd love to be able to clean a room in 20 minutes. My problem is I let it go and go and then it takes an hour or more. Sorry your gyn appt was so rough. I hope the pain goes away soon and that the test results come back negative.

Shad - Good for you for working in your walking and crunches despite being so busy. So nice of you to take your friend's mum to her appt. Please take a few minutes and rest your weary achey body. Okay?

Annie - I hope people stop p*ssing you off. Hang in there, sista. :hug: As much as we'd LOVE to come for Thanksgiving dinner....and we really would....it would mean boarding the dogs and that just ain't in the financial cards right now, not with the recent vet bills.

Gotta sign off for now. I'll try and check in over the weekend, but between fishing, cleaning and website work...I can't guarantee.

Here's to a great, peaceful, relaxing weekend and much better coming week for all of us!!

Love and big hugs,

MELODY525
11-07-2009, 09:34 AM
:comp:GOOD MORNING CHICKS.:D
I THINK I AM BACK IN THE RUNNING. FOR A FEW DAYS THERE I FELT I JUST DIDN'T HAVE ANYTHING LEFT INSIDE ME TO "GIVE". I AM SURE YOU ALL KNOW THE FEELING.
I MUST SAY THAT WHEN I WOKE UP AND REALIZED THE OFFICE WAS CLOSED FOR THE NEXT 2 DAYS I FELT BETTER ALREADY! :rofl:
THE HEAD MAINT. MAN JOHN IS GOING IN FOR PROSTATE BIOPSIES ON MONDAY. THIS IS HIS 2ND WARNING SIGN. I SPENT BEST PART OF THE DAY WITH HIM...JUST TALKING. HE LEFT ME A TODO LIST. :lol3: RIGHT NOW HE'S HAVING A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN. :( I TOLD HIM WE WILL STILL BE HERE WHEN HE COMES BACK.
THE KIDS ARE FEELING BETTER. JUST VERY SORE AND STIFF. THANKS FOR THE GOOD THOUGHTS. I WILL BE RIGHT BACK...I HAVE TO GO BACK AND READ A PAGE OR TWO......:book2:

MICHELLE~ HOPE YOU AND THE DH GET TO GO FISHING AND ENJOY THE DREGS OF THE GOOD WEATHER. I AM LOVING THE SUN EVEN THO IT'S COLD. YOU ARE A BUSY GAL WITH THE CLIENTS. GOOD FOR YOU CAUSE UNEMPLOYMENT IS RISING!!! CONGRATULATIONS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS :cheer: ANY LOSS IS GOOD!

ANNIE~ WE HAD THE SAME KIND OF DAY....PEOPLE WERE PISSING ME OFF ALL WEEK! FOR A WHILE THERE I THOUGHT IT WAS PEE ON MEL WEEK. SO GLAD TO KNOW I WASN'T ALONE!! :lol3: :lol3: SE3NDING YOU A BIG HUG :hug: HOPE IT HELPS! HANGIN THERE WITH MOM. I KNOW IT'S A TOUGH SITUATION AND LOTS OF STRESS. IF YOU CAN...JUST GO WITH THE FLOW. SWIMMING AGAINST THE TIDE CAN BE EXHAUSTING. NOT GREAT ADVICE BUT THE BEST I KNOW :hug: HAPPY BIORTHDAY SAMANTHA :hb:

LAURA~ CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR LOSS TOO! :cheer: GOOD FOR YOU. HOPE YOU GOT TO GET OUTSIDE. I KEPT GOING OUT TO COOL OFF AND BLOW OFF STEAM. WE BETTER CATCH THOSE LAST RAYS FO FALL AND STORE THEM UP!!! ARE YOU STILL RIDING THE BIKE? TOO COLD? :scooter:

SHAD~ WOW! YOU AND DS HAVE BEEN BUSY. WHEN YOU GET UP IN THE MORNING DO YOU KNOW WHICH HOUSE IS ON THE AGENDA? :rofl: AT LEAST IT KEEPS YOU OUT OF TROUBLE. WHEN I READ YOUR POST...I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOU WENT FO A WALK ON YOUR CRUTCHES....NOT AND DOING CRUNCHES. :lol3: :lol3: FOR A MINUTE THERE I WAS STUNNED!! :dizzy: HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYINGYOUR WEEKEND AND IT WAS SO GOOD OF YOU TO TAKE THE "MUM" TO THE APPT. :hug:

JEANETTE~ SORRY THE DAY WENT SO BADLY. HOPE WE BOTH HAVE A VERY NICE, SUNNY, QUIET AND RESTFUL WEEKEND. HOPE YOUR PAIN IS GETTING BETTER AND KEEPING FINGERS CROSSED FOR GOOD RESULTS. I KNOW HOW THOSE BIOPSIES FEEL. :hug: :hug:

:wave: HAPPY~ WELL MISSY...I HAVE NOT GIVEN YOU A PROPER SISTERLY WELCOME HOME YET . :hug: :hug: :hug: LET'S NOT COOK THIS YEAR...WE'LL ALL JUST GO AND TORTURE ANNIE...AFTER ALL...SHE KEEPS TELLING US ALL TO COME OVER EVERY TIME SHE COOKS SOMETHING...SO WHY NOT FOR THANKSGIVING?! :turkey: OR YOU CAN COOK AND I WILL RUN DOWN THERE :scooter:

ceejay52
11-07-2009, 12:28 PM
Mel
It's good to hear that you are feeling better. Thanks for the hugs. It's a wait and see game now but I'm pretty sure that I'll have surgery. The negatives out weigh the positives. My sis, is pretty sure of it also.

happy2bme
11-07-2009, 12:33 PM
Good morning all,

Saturday at last. Another week down the tubes. I think I would be much more energetic popping out of bed if I felt rested and refreshed. Since the time change I've been waking up before the alarm but today I had a nasty headache and the body parts are hurting. Been almost 2 hours and the aspirin is not making a dent here. One of my co-workers is having a little get together at her house tonight - looking forward to that. I like getting in with other people - it's a rare event here though... Trying to figure out 2 dishes to bring for appetizers. K lost 50 pounds this year on WW - she looks fantastic. So of course she is aiming to WW friendly dishes. We reviewed a couple of recipes she found interesting and I'm going to make one. Thing is, while I will eat just about anything she picked out, DH will unequivically turn his nose up at it. He's just not a black bean / artichoke / cream cheese kinda guy. He suggested nachos. :lol: There are others there also not on diets so I want to bring 2 dishes to satisfy both crowds. Spent the morning looking through recipes but most are of the black bean/ artichoke/cream cheese type :rofl:

I have to get to the grocery store, nab a pedicure, make the snacks and try and get some cleaning done here today before we leave. I think it will be best if we eat supper before we head out tonight. Will cut the temptation to fill up on high calorie munchies.

As for the rest of you...

Thank you for the warm welcome back Mel. Sorry to hear you've had a rough few days. Especially sorry to hear about Jen and Richie. How are they doing? I guess it's deer season again - we saw several along the side of the road as we were driving home last Sunday. I sure hope this is not going to be a big expense for them as I'm sure it's the last thing they need right now. Doesn't do you any good to get stressed and worried too. Sending you some good thoughts :hug: I also hope John will be alright with the prostate. Why can't we all just be healthy and happy?

Michelle - hope you can take a break from the extra work to get in some good fishing this weekend. Sounds like you are getting a temperature break so go enjoy the ahhhh - even though it's probably brrrr in the morning until the sun warms up the day for a few hours. There's always a burst of sun before the mean cold winds blow down on us.

Annie - bless your sweet soul for the Thanksgiving invite :hug: Guess if I come that far, I should go to Mom's instead. I know she'd be thrilled to have us up there but we'll be there soon enough. Did your DD enjoy her birthday dinner? I hope you got through the day without belting someone :lol: AND most importantly that you woke up today minus the annoyance factor. I think sometimes people just get together and conspire together.... :s: Most frustrating when you wake up in a GOOD mood and within hours you are Crabby Appleton thanks to them. :mad:

Shad - did you get some rest? Nice of you to help out with the Mum - but you are like that. I guess it's in the air with the body aches although you have been one very busy lady in the physical department lately so you have earned your pains. Are you getting the spring rains yet or still dry as a bone?

Ceejay - sorry to hear about the ouch at the doctor's. I think they are not as sensitive to what they are doing to us as they should be. Hope you are feeling better today. Are you working this weekend? I looked up the weight of blood just because I was curious and I just love the Internet for looking up and learning about trivia :lol:

Hi Laura - glad someone is a pound down. I am just bouncing between 3 pounds it seems.

While at the yurt we watched New In Town with Renee Zellwigger? and Harry Connick Jr. That was a cute movie. DH watched the latest Indiana Jones movie - said it was awful and cheesy and they should have left well enough alone. We rented The Proposal with Sandra Bullock. It wasn't her best movie but it was cute - much better than how badly the critics panned it. The Ugly Truth is coming out on video next week - my co-worker said that was a funny movie too.

Well I guess that covers it for me. Go make my grocery list, shower and get out of here. Oh that reminds me, saw a show yesterday where the audience was asking questions - they recommend that you do not shave your legs within 24 hours of getting a pedicure. Shaving puts little nicks in the legs making you more susceptible to possibly picking up an infection from the foot basins. They said that while the people clean them between clients (and you never want to go to a place that doesn't clean the chairs or tools) - you really need to use bleach to sanitize completely and most places do that only at the end of the day. So you should get the first appointment of the day :D It was just something I never thought about. I typically shave my legs when I'm going for a pedi, never thought about bacteria entering from the shave - was more worried they would think I was Sasquatch :rofl:

And with that bit of nonsense, I'm off. Enjoy your weekend ladies.

:wave: to Patty

happy2bme
11-07-2009, 12:36 PM
Ceejay - are they talking a D&C to remove fibroids/polyps? It's easier if you are knocked out then conscious - I can tell you that. Hoping for the best for you :crossed:

Shad
11-08-2009, 04:49 AM
Evening all,

I'm all hot and sticky. DS2 and I have been installing a cavity door in the bathroom of his house. We had to remove and restud the walls, install the cavity pocket and then fit the door. Easier to say than do. Got the cavity plumb and level and the door has a buckle in it. Take the door out, try it round the other way (hey it sometimes works) but not this time. The cavity pocket is level and straight, the door is level at the horizontal and vertical, but it has a bit bow in the centre of it and the pocket scratches the door about centre height. Have to take the door back and get a straight one. Bah humbug.
I've been also sanding and getting ready to paint the walls. This house has 3 bedrooms. The smallest has 1 red wall and three white ones. The red one is streaky and patchy. The 2nd bedroom is in shade of purple (blurk) - one deep purple wall and 3 shades of lavender/violet on the others. The main bedroom is in shades of dark brown and taupe. The living room is white and brown as is the kitchen, laundry and loo. It will eventually be all one colour - probably a bright cream with white ceilings and trim. We may put a feature wall into the lounge, haven't exactly worked that out yet. It needs lightening and brightening. The house has verandahs front and back and a carport around one side which means there isn't a huge amount of direct daylight in the place.

You'll excuse me if I don't do personals right now. I'll be back in the morning, bright and early and get on to it then. Meantime it is time for a glass of wine and a cheese sandwich and some mindless tv for a bit of downtime. Bed will be a welcome diversion. Ladders have a habit of making you sweat and ache.

MELODY525
11-08-2009, 08:50 AM
http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd335/AngelLovePM/HaveAGoodDayAutumn.gif

IT'S BEEN QUIET AROUND HERE AND I CAN DEAL WITH THAT. NOT MUCH HAPPENING IN MY LIFE EITHER. THAT'S ANOTHER GOOD THING. THEY OLD CHAIR IS GOING INTO THE SHOP ON TUESDAY FOR AN INSPECTION. THEY'LL HAVE IT FOR A FEW DAYS. TRYING TO GET THINGS DONE BEFORE IT LEAVES. :cry: I NEED SOME BREAKFAST. STOMACH STARTING TO RUMBLE :hun:
HAVE A GREAT SUNDAY :moped:

JEANETTE~ YOU KNOW WE WILL BE KEEPING OUR FINGERS CROSSED AND SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS YOUR WAY WHILE THIS IS GOING ON. :hug:

HAPPY~ HOPE YOU AND DH HAD A GOOD TIME. DID HE FIND SOMETHING TO EAT NON-DIET??? YOU CRACKED ME UP. HOPE TOO THE HEADACHE IS UNDER CONTROL. EVERYONE I KNOW HAS HEADACHES AND SINUS ISSUES THIS FALL. JEN AND I HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THE TIME CHANBGE AS WELL. :hug:

SHAD~ WOW! THAT IS A LOT OF WORK WITH ALL THOSE DARK COLORS AND THE BOWED DOOR!! LIGHT & BRIGHT IS A GREAT IDEA. SEE? YOU SHOULD GO INTO THE DECORATING BUSINESS!! I AM IN LOVE WITH HOLMES ON HOMES. HE'S JUST SO MACHO!!!! BUT HE NEEDS TO LOSE THE DIAMOND EARRING!!! :love:

happy2bme
11-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Howdy peeps,

Had a very nice time at K's place yesterday. She has an incredibly beautiful home, and it is decorated in her funky style. Makes me feel like I live in a shanty however, I am most happy NOT to have the incredibly huge mortgage that she does. They would be in the worst way if either she or DH lost their job and she knows that too. Yes Mel, we did have some very non diet foods - mostly because I brought a huge tray. She had black bean dip and chips, WW meatballs in sauce, fresh veggies with a roasted red bell pepper dip and I brought a WW spinach and feta cheese dip with not diet friendly garlic toast rounds. I also brought a rather large tray with several divided sections. There was cold shrimp and cocktail sauce, fresh mozzerella with grape tomatoes, olive oil and fresh basil from my yard. Also had baby cheddar cheese, salami bits, crab dip, and these things I hand rolled - ham, swiss cheese, a dab of mustard wrapped around a dill pickle bit and speared with a toothpick. K chastised me for bringing so much - I just wanted to bring a bit of everything to graze on but we did have too much food left over. It was my supper too. Come to think of it, I think K and I were the only ones who brought food - I would never come empty handed. :no: Sorry if that equated to a bit of food porn there. I also - for the first time since last July - had some wine. K likes dark stuff, I like white zinfandel so she got me a bottle all to myself. Then she told me I had to finish it because white zin is "ick" :lol: It amounted to 4 glasses total. I was quite surprised that I did not get buzzed nor did I have my usual allergy stuffiness I always have gotten from wine. I am allergic to molds and the fermentation or something in the wine always would send me running for the Actifed after the first glass. Good thing because I did not have any in my purse - note to self - time to clean out purse again :rofl:

But it was a nice evening - most of the other people left after a few hours but they had kids to look after. We stayed and yakked until the moon was high in the sky and the stars shown brightly. I wish we could do this more often, I enjoy getting out.

Today is a definite stay home and clean day. The termite inspector is coming this week and they will be doing an inside inspection so it's a good excuse to take a good look around and get everything in tip top shape. I need to make a quick trip to the store for some things I could not pick up yesterday but I can send DH for that if I need to.

It's a great day out there - would be perfect for raking the many leaves so I'll have to sneak a peek or two during the day.

Mel - I think you could use a quiet weekend - might be the calm before the roar next week so soak up the peacefulness. Last week has also been highly charged for you so enjoy the downtime.

Shad - so you've turned into a home renovator! I had suggested once to DH that a pocket/cavity door would work better in one room and he said :no: - you have no idea how much work it is to convert a standard door to one - now I understand. Better to get a new door than to plane it - door will probably swell in the humidity and then you'd have it sticking again. I guess it's the fashion to paint 1 wall one contrasting color by you also. I was always into different rooms, different colors but now I am leaning towards one base neutral color and use thinks like curtains and wall hangings to pop color into the rooms. You deserve a little feet up on the ottoman day as you certainly have been working hard lately.

Well - I'm not getting anything done sitting here so let me get busy too. Hope the rest of you chicks are enjoying your weekend. Don't work too hard Annie!

Shad
11-08-2009, 03:41 PM
It's pouring down out there again, so there will be no outside work today. Our usual walk is off as well. I may go myself if it clears at all, but I guess I will have to find my exercise in different ways today. I'm up early as well. Miss Puss decided last night that she wanted to be outside (AFTER she had barfed up her dinner onto the floor) and consequently was still out there when the rain started at around 4am. When I let her in, she was dripping wet so I grabbed a towel and tried to dry her off. She isn't having any of that stuff, it will ruffle the fur no doubt! So we had a short argument which I won and she got wrapped in the towel and buffed up. But not before the claws got a bit of a look in. Now she is sulking in Simons chair and cleaning herself up.

Mel - Hope the chair arrives back all safe and sound and fixed.

Ceejay - good luck with the medico and any possible surgery. You certainly have more patience with the medical profession than I do. I try to avoid them at all costs.

Happy - certainly sounds like you made plenty of food for your soiree. Nice stuff too by the sound of it. Wish I had been there chowing down instead of the lamb kebab and cheese sandwich which was yesterdays foodstuff. DS2 took me to lunch instead of paying me!
The door could not have been planed. We were using a 'hollow core door' which is basically a bit of framework covered with a veneer of timber and filled with something light. Makes for a much lighter door and is perfect for interior use - too easy to break for exterior use. Trouble is, like most things today, it is made from green timber framing (or cheap timber, take your pick) and tends to warp. Would have been fine on the outside of the all, but the cavity pocket is only soooooo wide and every little bump will cause problems. You live and you learn.
Okay - I think that is me done for the day. Oh hang on, did I tell you that I am thinking of going to NZ for my nieces engagement party. It's in a couple of weeks time. I wasn't going to go if the job in Perth came up as the man said it would. However I now find that although he offered me the job, he didn't have permission to put another person on! It just keeps getting worse. They are still seeking sign off. So although I said I would be ready to start on the 16th November, now I think I will go to NZ and to heck with the lot of them. DS flies out next week for a weeks break in the South Island of NZ and then to Wellington for the party and back home. I'm just going to Wellington for the weekend. I'll be booking tickets today if I can get the Miss Puss into the cattery.

See you all later. Have a great day.

ceejay52
11-08-2009, 10:11 PM
It indeed was a perfect day today. Went to church this morning, then out to eat and then to go shopping. I bought my aunt's birthday present. When we got back to the house my aunt and I went for a walk down to the pond through the woods. It felt good to smell the tree's even though I may pay for it later on this week.

Bless my uncle's heart, his surgeon gave him a pain medication for his back pain. When I got there Saturday his speech was slurred and he wanted to drive the car. I talked him into going to sleep and the next dosage time I talked him into taking only half of one. He was higher than a kite. He felt better this afternoon and more like himself but I'm still a little afraid of him driving. I was kidding with him that he was under the influence. I don't want him to be in pain either. My aunt really thanked me for that. She said he listens to me more than her. I kid around with him. He's scheduled for back surgery on December 15.

Yesterday I got outside to finish the last of the yard work, I hope. I may have to rake more pine needles.

Mel
I'm glad to hear that you have had a peaceful week end. You deserve it. Are Jen and Richie still doing okay? I saw on FB where a friend of mind avoided running into a deer this week end. Thank you for the good thoughts concerning my doctor's visit.

Shad
Too funny about Sunday but sometimes they have to get out of the house also. Enjoy your rainy day.I'm stll considering adopting my aunt's house.

Happy
Wow, what an evening to enjoy! Everyone needs that. I had my night out with friends on Friday night but it wasn't as "diet" friendly as yours. Heard someone say my name and looked up to see our Mayor and his wife. He's gained some weight.

Michelle
How was your fishing trip?

Annie
Did you have to work this week end? Hope you got to spend some quality time with T. How's your mom?

happy2bme
11-09-2009, 01:29 AM
Ceejay - sounds like you had a nice weekend too. Regarding the pain meds, be aware and tell your uncle that there are some pain medications in which if caught driving, you WOULD be considered to be "under the influence". I am trying to remember which one. It was one my dentist prescribed after a particularly bad abcessed tooth. I was surprised to hear that but he is not the kind to pull your leg and fool around. If he's woozy - no driving.

Off to bed for me, I'm already an hour late. Night night. Pleasant dreams.

MELODY525
11-09-2009, 09:00 AM
GOOD MORNING GIRLS. I AM IN A BIT OF A RUSH. HAVE TO DO THE DULCOLAX BEFORE THE CHAIR LEAVES TOMORROW AS THIS IS THE EASIEST TO GET IN AND OUT OF. BTW SHAD...IT'S NOT GOING IN TO BE FIXED...JUST HAVE A COST ESTIMATE. THEY TAKE IT APART AND PUT IT BACK TOGETHER BROKEN AND TELL ME HOW MUCH THE REPAIRS WILL COST. :rofl: OK GTTA RUN. IF I AM ABSENT TOMORROW...YOU KNOW WHERE I AM. JOHN IS HAVING HIS SURGERY AT NOON TODAY. THINKING GOOD THOUGHTS FOR HIM. :yoga:
HAPPY MONDAY/TUESDAY :moped:

HAPPY~ THE WEEKEND SOUNDED SO NICE. GLAD YOU BOTH GOT OUT AND HAD A GOOD TIME. THE FOOD SOUNDED YUMMY AND I WAS DROOLING HERE!! HOPE THE TERMITE MAN DIDN'T FIND TOO MANY CRITTERS!!

SHAD~ GOOD TO HEAR YOU ARE GOING TO NZ. IT WILL BE GOOD TO SEE FAMILY AND GET AWAY FROM CONSTRUCTION! :cheers: SENDING GOOD VIBES FOR A JOB YOU WILL BE HAPPY WITH!! POOR MISS PUSS AND THE RAIN. HOPE YOUR SCRATCHES HEAL UP SOON!!

JEANETTE~ HOPE ALL GOES WELL WITH YOUR UNCLE AND THE SURGERY. GOOD THING HE LISTENS TO YOU. SOME MEDS ARE JUST TOO STRONG FOR PEOPLE AS THEY AGE TOO. I LOVE THE SMELL OF AUTUMN TOO....TOO BAD OUR SINUSES DON'T LIKE IT :rofl:

MELODY525
11-09-2009, 09:03 AM
:wave: WAVING HELLO TO LAURA, MICHELLE AND ANNIE AND HER MOM :wave: WHERE DID PATTY AND NAE DISAPPEAR TO :?:

annie175
11-09-2009, 10:02 AM
Good Monday Morning....

What a whirlwind of a weekend. Dinner Friday night was enjoyable. Had 8 guests for dinner for DDs birthday. Everyone was gone by 9pm, I was in bed by 9:30, up at 7 to be at CVS at 9am. CVS was ok, not too many cranky people. Worked til 5p, then back up at 7 to be at work at 9. Got home last night at 5:15 then went out and cut grass and clean out the garden mess. Took me a couple of hours as I had to stop and go get gas for the mower. Dang it. It was so nice out. Who would of thought it to be 74 degrees on November 8th? I was out in a t-shirt and shorts. Today's high is 70, so scheduling a 30 minute walk with the girls today.

Chelle, Happy, MEL, SHAD and all y'all....Thanksgiving will be at my house, no food, it will be strickly a liquid menu...starting with Margarita's. The way this year is rolling around, I am drinking my Thanksgiving. Drinking starts at noon, as it is surely 5:00 SOMEWHERE!!!

Mom seems to be doing better. She can walk from her bed at rehab to the bathroom and back WITHOUT a walker. Granted it is only about 5 foot walk, but it is progress. Dietians got her diabetic part of her menu correct however the renal part is still incorrect. I will be having a discussion with them this afternoon. I mean, crike, the orders for her diet are on her chart, how stinkin' hard is it to read them and JUST DO IT. I am SICK of doing everyone else's job.

SHAD....man, is there anything you can't do?? You definitely work too hard, take a break for yourself, will ya?

MEL....Glad the kids are feeling better from the accident. D*mn deer, there are way too many of them. My son tries to shoot as many as allowable. lol. Quite the hunter, he is. Prayers to John that his surgery goes well.

Chelle...how'd the fishing go? Did you get any of your website work done? and if Hella Bella wasn't so unfriendly with other dogs you could bring you doggies rather than boarding them. However, she was to eat other dogs. Little witch.

Happy...mmmmmm, the food you took to Ks sound yummy. Love that shrimp. 4 glasses of wine, that just about polishes off a bottle of wine. Done it before myself.

Ceejay...Usually a D & C can take care of fibroid tumors, cysts, etc, of the uterus. Goodluck with the results and any surgery you might need. Hugs..

Laura...great job on the lb down. One day at a time, one pound at a time. Rock on!!

Hello's to all.

Love and Hugs

diyana
11-09-2009, 10:24 AM
Happy Monday -

Busy weekend! Friday after work, I did the grocery shopping and some laundry. We went fishing on Saturday...didn't catch a darn thing but it was in the upper 60s and sunny - a gorgeous day to be out in the boat! While we were fishing, I had a pot roast cooking in the crock pot so when we got home, dinner was done and the house smelled wonderful!! Yesterday, DH got the boat ready for winter and worked on the cars, while I did about 11 hours of website work. I took a few 5 minute breaks here and there to go outside and play with the dogs, but other than that, I worked straight through...didn't even take a break to watch the Packers lose in pathetic fashion to a team they should've easily beaten.

I'm still overwhelmed at how much cleaning I have to do since I got almost no cleaning done this past weekend, combined with the the remaining website work that needs to get done. I'm nearly in freak out mode, but thankfully not quite there yet. The living room, which looked bad before the weekend looks worse now as DH had difficulty fixing my computer, so he took apart several computers to make a Frankenstein-Computer so that I could work, which was great and I really, really appreciate. But now, my living room looks like an IT warehouse, except nothing is in boxes. *Sigh* I just keep telling myself to relax, don't stress, and get a little done each day, and it will get clean. Tonight, I'll do the guest bedroom, which is the closest to being clean. I may even *try* to sneak in a visit to the gym before I tackle guest room. Thanks for letting me vent, ladies. *Deep Breath*

I'm frustrated that I've been sooo busy, my exercise has been in fits and spurts. I haven't done a proper 45 minutes straight workout in a couple weeks. I feel fatter. Aaaargh. For this week, my goal is to get to the gym as much as possible (which may not be much), and when it's not possible, work up a good sweat cleaning, and do my weight lifting carrying things down to the basement.

Mel - Sending :goodvibes: for John's surgery today and for the cost estimate for your chair. I hope Jen and Richie are feeling better.

Ceejay - I hope you don't need to have surgery. :goodvibes: :hug: Good for you for giving your uncle good advice on his medication, resting and NOT driving. Your uncle should definitely not be driving if the medication is making him dizzy or his speech slurred. Glad you had a nice night out on Friday!

Happy - We had a glorious weekend. Even the 50 degree mornings felt wonderful with the sun shining down! I wish we could have several months of this weather!! My next door neighbor's hubby is having shoulder surgery this Friday, and will be out of commission this Friday, so I told DH that if we get any bad snow over the next few months, and her college-aged son isn't around, he should offer to snowblow her driveway. When I wake up in a good mood, I make a concerted effort to avoid ALL Crabby Appletons. Glad you had a nice time at K's. You did bring a lot of food and the whole spread sounded quite delicious - bordering on food porn. How awful that no one other than you and K brought food. I, too, am allergic to wine (white, red or blush). I get stuffiness, plus a bad rash. So now, I just stick to beer. Hope the termite inspector doesn't find any uninvited guests.

Annie - Glad DD's b'day dinner was fun, and that you got to bed at a decent hour. You put in lots of hours at CVS this weekend, and you still cut grass and cleaned out the garden? Isn't it dark by 5 where you live? Here it starts getting dark at aroudn 4:30 or so now. 74 degrees? I'm jealous! Though I was out in a t-shirt and shorts while fishing on Saturday when it was in the upper 60s. Hope you have a great walk at lunch! I'll probably sneak one in as well, though it won't be 70 degrees here. I'm so glad to hear your Mom is doing better! Hopefully, they'll start following her diet orders.

Shad - Sounds like you and DS accomplished A LOT this weekend! And, from what you describe, the house definitely sounds like it needs brightening. You should definitely go into the decorating/remodeling business! As for ladders, I'll be up on them soon (maybe this weekend or maybe the following) to clean the gutters. They do make you sweaty and achey. I hope Miss Puss is feeling better. How wonderful that you're going to NZ for the party and to see family! You'll get a great job that you'll love soon, and if you don't you could have your on TV show. Instead of "Holmes on Homes", you could be "Shad on Shacks" or "Kiwi on Kastles" or something like that! :lol3:

Time for this chick to get some work done.

Here's to a great day and the start of a great week, filled with lots of wonderful things for all of us!!

annie175
11-09-2009, 03:58 PM
OMG how funny. I just talked to my mom and she said, "I have a turd stuck in my b*tthole and can't get it out." I about fell out of my chair laughing.

Just got back from my walk. It was great. The sun had gone in however it is sooooooooooo nice out there.

Chelle...looks like you are going to busy, busy, busy for a while. Good health, strength, thoughts, and happiness to you my dear.

diyana
11-09-2009, 04:04 PM
Hey chicks - this is TOTALLY off topic, but do any of you have favorite cleaning products (kitchen, bathroom, dusting, mopping)? I've tried several...but am always looking for something that makes cleaning easier but doesn't mess with my asthma (like Tilex does).

Annie - Your mom is so funny! :lol3: I hope her situation rectal-fies itself (pun intended) soon! :rofl: Glad you had a good walk.

annie175
11-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Chelle...the stuff I use will probably kill you. Sorry, but it is strong stuff. I do use my Swiffer Wetjet to mop my kitchen, entry and bathrooms. That shouldn't be too awful on your system. However change the pads often if it is real dirty, like when hella bella comes in all wet and muddy and I don't catch her before getting her cleaned off.

I use the "Works" ffor the toities, shower/bath from Walmart, but it is pretty strong.

I also use Arm & Hamnmer Shower stuff that is pretty awesome, it might not be too awful for you.

Kitchen scouring I use Ajax for the sink and mostly windex for the stove, fridge and glass on the table. I use coffee filters to wipe with windex for glass, windows, stove etc. Doesn't leave streaks.

The greatest thing I have found is the Mr. Clean Erasurers. They rock!

Hope this helps ya Worldlie sista!

ceejay52
11-09-2009, 06:39 PM
Annie
I'm hoping that the gyn found the problem Thursday. He removed a polyp. I'm still waiting for the biopsy results. If it's time it's time. As he said no 59 year old woman should deal with this. I had a d and c at age 38.

Michelle
I use good ole Pine sol but that may affect your asthma.

I

Shad
11-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Morning all,
Michelle not much I can say about cleaning products from here although you do have some of the same stuff. I use BAM for the bath and basin and loo or Shower Power. Both work quite well. I don't have asthma so don't know if it would affect you. It's not a powerful smell anyway for either of them. I use Windex for windows, but sometimes I have to take to them with meths because the bats make a mess of what ever they manage to hit. Then you have to get the scraper and take off as much as possible then hot water, vinegar and elbow grease will get most of it off.

I think you should look up the alternative remedies on the net. There are quite a few things around the home which will clean and polish without harming person or pedestal.

Can't stop for more. I'm off to the shearing shed to get the wool shorn again. The older I get, the thicker the freaking hair gets and the more I start to resemble a fuzzy wuzzy.

Back later.

Laura705
11-09-2009, 09:07 PM
Just checking in, no personals. A sore throat on Saturday has developed into a full blown cold and I missed book club on Saturday night and stayed home from work today. Feeling bored and cranky and gross right now. Not sure if I'll go to work tomorrow or not. Bf is out buying more nyquil as we have less than one dose left in the bottle we have. That's all I'm looking forward to at this point. Oh, and the library book and ice cream bf is also picking up for me.

Miserable sickie signing off.

diyana
11-10-2009, 09:06 AM
Good Tuesday to all,

Last night after work, I played outside with the dogs, which we all thoroughly enjoyed, then did a little tidying of the guest bedroom, then went to the store to get some "good" cleaning supplies (Thanks for the good suggestions!!) so I have everything I need. Tonight, I have to get my dog's insulin at the pharmacy and then do some website work.

Annie - I couldn't find the Arm & Hammer stuff at the store, but I've got "The Works" for the shower/bath and basin and thankfully it doesn't bother me much, Kaboom for the toities, and I use Ajax for the kitchen sink. Thanks for the tip about coffee filters! I did pick up some Mr. Clean Erasers.

Ceejay - Hang in there, sista. :hug: I've used Pine Sol in the past, and like the scent. It's a scent I associate with "clean". But DH doesn't do well if I use a lot of it to clean.

Shad - If I do any windows, and I'm not sure that I will...I'll use Windex on the sliding patio door in the guest room, and on the french doors to the patio in the family room. Not sure if I've heard of Shower Power...but I think we have BAM here. We have a few bats that fly around on summer evenings...but mostly they hang out down by the lake where there are more insects. Thanks for the suggestion to research alternative cleaning products. I'll do that today. I know white vinegar is very good for window/mirror cleaning. I sooooo wish my hair would get thicker the older I get. It just gets thinner and falls out.

Laura - Take care of yourself...Lots of rest, liquids and Nyquil. The cold that's going around up here hangs on for WEEKS! :hug:

Gotta run for now! I'll check in later!

Love and big hugs,

annie175
11-10-2009, 09:08 AM
Laura...bless your pea pickin' heart. Hope you get to feeling better, my worldlie friend.

Shad...I bet you look just beautiful just the way you are. The best part of a haircut is the shampooing. ahhhhhhh, oh yeah.

Ceejay...keeping fingers crossed on the gyno visit.

Hellos to all, will check in later...

Hugs

MELODY525
11-10-2009, 09:40 AM
:cheers: ANNIE...I'M WITH YOU...LIQUIDS ONLY FOR THE HOLIDAYS!!! THAT WAS SO0ME WEEKEND YOU HAD. SENDING A HUG:hug: GLAD MOM IS ABLE TO WALK...EVEN IF IT IS ONLY 5 FEET. :hug:

MICHELLE~ WHAT A JAMMED PACKED WEEKEND YOU HAD!!! WOW 11 HRS ON THE WEB. YOU GO GIRL. WE HAD GREAT WEEKEND WEATHER TOO. GOTTA LOVE THE NEW SEASON....SUMMER/FALL! :rofl:

LAURA~ HOPE YOU WILL BE FEELING BETTERSOON. SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE COLD...GOD I HATE THEM!! :hug:

SHAD~ I NEED A CUT TOO....HOW ABOUT I CUT YOURS AND YOU CUT MINE???? :lol3: :lol3:

CEEJAY~ SENDING A HUG AND DON'T FORGET TO KEEP US POSTED ON NTHE RESULTS :hug:

:cofdate: I AM ON THE RUN. STILL THINGS TO DO BEFORE THE CHAIR LEAVES. I JUST WISH THERE WAS A BETTER WAY JUST TO GET A FRIGGING ESTIMATE :tantrum:
i better go,,,,I HAVE 2 LOADS IN THE WASHER AND THEY NEED DRYING! LOL HAVE A GREAT DAY :moped:

diyana
11-10-2009, 10:57 AM
Annie - Hope you have a great day at work!!

Mel - I wouldn't mind several months of the summer/fall weather! Just keep that warmth and sunshine comin'!! I've been meaning to ask you...since I have two cousins in Jersey. Do you live near Dumont? Or near Morganville? I know Dumont is to the north, and Morganville is to the south. Morganville is near Old Bridge. I went to NJ once years ago to see my Grandmother before she passed. I liked NJ...I even liked the Turnpike. It's much better and more organized than the Illinois Tollways.

MELODY525
11-10-2009, 11:14 AM
http://images.marthastewart.com/images/content/pub/body_and_soul/2007Q3/mb_0907_greencleaning_l.jpg

MICHELLE~ HERE ARE SOME THINGS I CAN STILL USE FOR CLEANING:

1- MRS MEYER'S PEPPERMINT CLEANING "GREEN" PRODUCTS. I BOUGHT THEM AT WWW.DRUGSTORE.COM
I COULDN'T USE THE OTHER SCENTS BUT JEN DOES.

2- VINEGAR: DISTILLED WHITE VINEGAR MIXED WITH WATER AND SOMETIMES A SHAMPOO, DISH DETERGENT ETC. MARTHA STEWART LOVES GREEN CLEANING. HERE'S A LINK FOR MIXING: (THERE ARE SEVERAL PAGES)
http://www.wholeliving.com/article/clean-green-natural-cleaning-products?backto=true

3- I STILL USE SOS PADS AND A LOT OF PALMOLIVE DISH DETERGENT....THE ORIGINAL GREEN FORMULA. IT WILL CLEAN ALMOST ANYTYHING WITH A RAG OR BRUSH.

4- MISTOLIN....IT'S A CLEANER YOU MIX WITH WATER AND THE SCENT FADE AS IT DRIES. COMES IN ASSORTED SCENTS. I USE FLORAL. USUALLY SOLD IN THE HISPANIC AISLES OR BY PINESOL.

5- BAKING SODA: IT'S MY ALL TIME FAVORITE. I USE IT EVERY WHERE. WITH AND WITHOUT LEMONS AND BRUSHES. GOTTA LOVE OLD TOOTHBRUSHES.

6- I USE UNSCENTED LAUNDRY DETERGENT AND I NEVER USE FABRIC SOFTENER LIQUID OR SHEETS.

**NO MATTER WHAT YOU FIND TO USE...KEEP IN MIND THAT IT WILL NEVER BE AS THOROUGH AS TILEX!!! THE WORST OFFENDERS ARE BLEACH AND AMMONIA. NEVER HAVE THEM IN MY HOME!
I KEEP MY HOME AS SCENT-FREE AS POSSIBLE. I MISS THE SCENTS BUT MY HEALTH IS MORE IMPORTANT...ESPECIALLY WHEN IT COMES TO BREATHING AND BURNING NASAL PASSAGES!! LOL
PS~ I LIVE OUTSIDE THE LINCOLN TUNNEL.

diyana
11-10-2009, 11:20 AM
Mel - Thank you so much for the awesome suggestions! And you're right...nothing is as good as Tilex. That stuff is amazing....but I have to have the room fully ventilated and also hold my breath while cleaning with it. I like a lot of mild scents...like vanilla, pumpkin pie, apple cinnamon. I'm probably going to burn some candles and simmer some cinnamon and spice in a pan on Saturday...or maybe do a bit of baking. That always makes the house smell yummy!

ceejay52
11-10-2009, 02:02 PM
I have good news. The nurse called this morning and told me that the polyp was benign so I'm on cloud nine. The biopsy was normal. She also told me that the bleeding should stop and it almost has.

Mel
I have been wondering how good those green work products are. I may have to try them.

Have I been missing Happy's post's?

Laura
I hope you are feeling better. Those colds can be tough. Rest and drink lots of liquids.

Shad
What's new on the agenda today?

Michelle
I hope you can find some products that does not upset your asthma. What fun to be outside playing with the dogs! I love pumpkin spice and apple cinnamon scented candles. Makes the house smell good.

Annie
Waht's going on beside work? Did you get your mom's menu's up to par?

annie175
11-10-2009, 02:22 PM
MEL....glad I DON'T have to use the mild, green cleaning stuff, altho I should, I know. The cleaning fanatic that I am, it would make me crazy.

Ceejay,....YEEEEEHAAAAWWW!!! Good news!! I am so happy for you about the box doc results. We will see on mom's menu. They always say things will be corrected, now we have to wait and see if they truly are.

CHELLE...I love yankee candles vanilla, cinnamon, and pumpkin spice. My nephew gave me beach walk, and it is great.

Sorry to bore you to death with my unexciting life of work and mom. If something exciting happens I will be sure to post it.

annie175
11-10-2009, 02:26 PM
Oh wait, I forgot to add, yesterday with working both jobs AND walking in the beautiful weather, I got in 15844 steps on my pedometer. I couldn't believe my eyes when I took it off last night and looked at it. Wooohooo!!

Richard Burd, a very popular auto dealer owner of like 3 or 4 dealerships (Not related to Larry Bird the basketball player), was found dead in his office this morning. Apparent suicide. They have not said if he left a note or anything. I'd imagine it has to do with the economy and car sales. Yikes, it is sad to think someone would consider suicide as their only out.

diyana
11-10-2009, 03:04 PM
Ceejay - :woohoo: I am SOOOOO happy for you! I can only imagine how relieved you must be!! Yay!!!

Annie - Over 15K steps?? That's fantastic!! :congrat: YGG!!!! It is too bad that some people are getting so desperate in this economy as to throw it all away.

annie175
11-10-2009, 05:07 PM
Shutting down, going home, dinner with T. Have a great, marvelous evening, night, day...depending on where you all are right now.

xoxoxoxo

diyana
11-10-2009, 05:20 PM
Have a great evening Annie! I'm heading out now too.

See y'all tomorrow.

Love and hugs,

Shad
11-10-2009, 09:09 PM
Morning all,

Hot and steamy out there today. Think we may get some more storm activity before the day is through. I've got a bit of washing to hang out and then some housework to do, then I can sit down or have a nanna nap after lunch. I've gardened and run around with the lawnmower this morning. Managed to sweat out a fair portion of my internal water.

Annie - good to hear you sounding somewhat chipper. 15k in steps. That's a lot of walking sista.

Laura - get better soon. Need to have you up and with us to make the challenge interesting.

Ceejay - pleased to hear about the med report. Good for you.

Michelle - Glad to hear that you got some good info for the cleaning products. I had forgotten that Mel uses the organic stuff because of her allergies and skin problems. My windows are not the cleanest, but we still get light in and can (just) make out when someone comes so I'm safe for a while.

Mel - hope Jen and Richie are feeling much better now. Unfortunately, I won't cut your hair. I have absolutely no talent with hair at all so I wouldn't even think about it. Yep, she sure does just live outside the Lincoln Tunnel. I found that out when I visited and hitched up with a cabbie who had no idea where he was going. Since I didn't either, it was a fairly nightmarish journey and we yelled at each other alot. Twit, idiot, jerk! No tip??? Be kind to your mother since she can read the bloody reference map when you had to ring for directions in whatever language you were speaking.

Okay - gotta go get on with the laundry and bathroom and loo. Then a good sweep should see me through with todays works of art!
See ya

MELODY525
11-10-2009, 09:10 PM
http://home.att.net/~corley-holland/PuffAnimLine.gif

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU CEEJAY!!! OH WHAT A RELIEF THAT MUST BE FOR YOUR MIND. CONGRATULATIONS!! BEST NEWS I HAVE HAD ALL DAY!!! SWEET DREAMS MY ARKANSAS FRIEND :hug:

MICHELLE~ ANOTHER GOOD WEBSITE IS WWW.REALSIMPLE.COM FOR HEALTHY IDEAS FOR ANYTHING. I REALLY DO LOVE ARM & HAMMER FOR A LOT OF THINGS. GOOD LUCK FINDING A COMPROMISE! I FORGOT TO TELL YOU THAT SOMETIMES I USED A SCENTED OIL MIXED WITH BOTTLED WATER IN A SPRAY BOTTLE TO FRESHEN THE HOUSE. SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T MAKE ME FEEL LIKE I NEED A VENTILATOR! :rofl: I ALSO STICK IT IN THE UNSCENTED LAUNDRY DETERGENT FOR SHEETS AND SUCH. I USE PATCHOULI OR SANDALWOOD. YUM. USED TO USE OTHER SCENTS LIKE LAVENDAR BUT CAN'T BREATHE LAYING DOWN. LET ME KNOW IF YOU FIND SOMETHING NEW TO TRY! LOL

ANNIE....NOT HAVING NICE SMELLS AND CLEANING THINGS LIKE I "USED TO BE ABLE TO" DRIVES ME NUTS...BUT AS THE YEARS GO BY I AM STARTING NOT TO GIVE A CHIT! :rofl: :rofl: THAT WAS SOME GREAT WALING YOU DID :running: SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE CAR SALESMAN. THEY SAY THE NUMBER OF SUICIDES IS GROWING AND WILL RISE WITH THIS NEW WAVE OF UNEMPLOYMENT. SO SAD. SEVERAL DADS AND A MOM HAVE KILLED THEMSELVES SO THE FAMILY COULD HAVE THE INSURANCE MONEY LAST YEAR AND THE BEGINNING OF THIS YEAR. I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT IS THE ONLY WAY OUT. ANYWAY.....YOU KEEP US POSTED ON WHAT TIME YOU WANT US FOR TGD DINNER! GOBBLE GOBBLE :turkey:
ps: nothing you say about job or mom is boring. so i don't want to hear that out of your mouth again :rollpin:

MELODY525
11-11-2009, 09:17 AM
http://static.pyzam.com/img/graphics/2/ah_vets_day.jpg

THINKING OF OUR MEN AND WOMEN OVERSEAS AND WISHING THEY WERE HOME SAFE AND SOUND.

WHEN I WAS REMINDED THAT TODAY WAS A HOLIDAY I ALMOST JUMPED OUT OF THE CHAIR WITH JOY YESTERDAY. THE OFFICE IS CLOSED!!! BUT I ALWAYS FIND THIS HOLIDAY THE SADDEST AND FEEL MORE MOURNFUL THAN CELEBRATORY.
HAD SOME ONE ON ONE TIME WITH JEN LAST NIGHT. SHE CAME DOWN TO RAID THE FREEZER :rofl:
:rain: TODAY IS RAINY AND THE MOST STRENUOUS THING I WILL DO IS POSSIBLY TO MEDITATE :yoga:
HAVE A GREAT DAY. :moped:

:?: CEEJAY IS RIGHT........WHERE HAS OUR HAPPY GONE TO?? DID SOMEONE GIVE HER A HALL PASS THAT I AM UNAWARE OF? :lol3:

MELODY525
11-11-2009, 09:27 AM
SHAD...I SEE YOU SNUCK IN THERE LAST NIGHT. I DIDN'T SCROLL BACK FAR ENOUGH THIS MORNING. SEND HOT AND STEAMY OVER HERE PLEASE. WE CAN ADD IT TO OUR MILD TEMPS THIS WEEK!!! SWEATING ALL THE WATER OUT IS A GOOD THING...I JUST DON'T MISS THE SWEATING PART OF HOT AND STEAMY. I ALSO REMEMBER A TIME WHEN I WAS CALLED HOT & STEAMY....BUT THE MEMORY IS QUICKLY FADING :belly:

diyana
11-11-2009, 09:56 AM
Happy Hump Day ladies -

More website work came in yesterday so no cleaning got done. I think I have stopped stressing about the cleaning though. I'm taking Friday off, and although I was hoping to have lunch with a good friend...I think I might just spend my day off cleaning, which is okay, at least it will get done. Right now, I've got a big headache and bad cramps. Auntie Flo is kicking my arse. Two more work days to go this week.

Shad - Please hot and steamy weather this way. When you said "steamy", it reminded me of a character on my fave TV show "Grey's Anatomy". Do you get that show down under? It's set in a hospital with two VERY hot doctors nicknamed...McDreamy and McSteamy. :lol: Good for you for getting so much done despite the heat. Hope you got to take a nanna nap. Bad cabbies frustrate the h*ll out of me. I've never been in a NY or NJ cab, but I pray I never again have to ride in a Chicago cab. What a nightmare! Driving double the speed limit, swerving in and out of traffic. I dang near threw up in his cab. That would've been his tip and it would've served him right too!

Mel - Real Simple. I keep forgetting about that website. I used to subscribe to that magazine back when I had more time to read magazines. :lol: I'll check out the website. Thanks! Yikes, I hadn't heard about people killing themselves so their family could get the life insurance money. Scary chit, and so sad that some people feel it's the only way out. You're right...Today is a somber holiday. Prayers to all their families. :angel: Glad you had a nice visit with Jen. I hope she and Richie are feeling better.

Annie - Happy trash day! Hope your day goes well.

Happy - Did you go back to the yurt?

Love and hugs,

annie175
11-11-2009, 10:06 AM
Good Wednesday Morning...the usual..hump/bump and grinding going on....

Dinner last night was Italian chicken breasties brewed in the crockpot all day then when I got home added 1 can cream of mushroom, 1 can of cream of chicken, can of mushrooms, and 8 oz of CREAM CHEESE...YUM!. Heated thoroughly. Made brown rice in my rice cooker. Poured the above over rice, talk about DELISH.....Baked (Nuked actually) apples with cinnamon, splenda, and a pat of butter for dessert. Had enough to feed an army, where were you all?

Oh, h*ll, gotta poo, yikes, brb...well I just dropped 5 lbs, I am sure.

Mom is doing a bit better, however she is so depressed that the rehab people recognized it and now she is going to have a physco evaluation. She needs mental help and thank GOD she is going to get it. Meds need to be given.

Shad....no tunnels near me- clean shot from airport, heck I would even pick you up from the airport. 20 minute drive from my house....

MEL....You can come on Thanksgiving any time since there is no cooking involved only bottle pouring,...liquid Turkey day!! lol. I will pick you up when I pick Shad up at the airport. See if you all can coordinate arrival times within 30 minutes of each other. That goes for CHELLE and the rest of the gang too!

CHELLE...how's your day going? It is sunny here and 60 or so. May require another walking day at lunch.

Ceejay...are you getting all flooded out with IDA? Looks like on the map you are getting drenched.

Laura..Happy...hope all is good in your world today.

Hello's to all.

Love and Hugs

annie175
11-11-2009, 10:09 AM
Chelle...you are the sneaker inner today. I think I may come your way on Friday to help you clean. I love cleaning. Give me a margarita and put on some good music and away I go....hugs my dear sista.

diyana
11-11-2009, 10:47 AM
Annie - Your dinner last night sounds so yummy! I'm bummed that I missed it. Can't wait for Thanksgiving! :T I'm so glad you're coming over on Friday to help clean. I'll have the 'ritas and good music. My only request is no cleaning in the nude. What would the neighbors think?? :lol3: I'm glad your mom is doing better and will be getting the help for depression that she needs.

annie175
11-11-2009, 11:02 AM
OH Chelle...no worries on the nude cleaning, that is a solo act when no one is home. Ba hahahaha

Laura705
11-11-2009, 11:22 AM
Shad – That's some paint job you have ahead of you – a lot of dark colors to prime over before painting that nice light color you have in mind. We have a pocket door between our kitchen and dining room. One time when it wouldn't close, we discovered that bf had caught it with a nail that he'd used to attach baseboard trim to the wall where the pocket is. Oops. Oh, nice to go visit family in NZ. How did you end up in Australia anyway?

Mel – Glad things are quiet – you need some of that! Hope you get your chair back quickly, and with a reasonable repair estimate! Best wishes that John's surgery goes well. Enjoy your quiet Veteran's Day holiday.

Happy – The weekend's party and food sound wonderful. Glad you enjoyed yourself. I'm like your friend K - not a fan of white zin. Interesting re your usual reaction to wine re the fermentation, etc. I've never heard of that. I thought about trying a no-sulfite-added red wine because sometimes I think that causes me problems w/ red wine, but I haven't been drinking much red wine lately anyway.

Ceejay – Sounds like the pain meds were really hitting your uncle. Glad you kept him away from the driver's seat. So very glad to hear that your biopsy was normal!! Great news!

Annie – Sounds like it was a busy busy weekend for you. This time of year is usually when you're trying to use up the remaining gas in the mower and not refill it – too bad it didn't work out that way, but we'll take the mild weather even if we have to keep mowing. Ha, not fair of me to say that because bf is the one mowing the lawn at our house. Glad your mum is making rehab progress, and hope the psych eval goes well.

Michelle – Sorry you're feeling so overwhelmed this week. It sounds like your weekend was somewhat productive though. Don't have any cleaning product suggestions for you. I'd be willing to go greener on most any household cleaning product, except the tub & tile cleaner – the stronger the better. Between soap scum and mildew (it seems to love the tub caulking, doesn't it?), cleaning that area is a real bear. I agree w/ Mel – love those old toothbrushes for cleaning tasks! I like the real scents of vanilla, apple-cinnamon, but not in a candle. Why tempt myself??? LOL

Not really feeling all that much better today. I was coughing a lot last night, and I had that wheezy congested feeling in my chest, but I slept fine thanks to my Nyquil. My throat is sore again this morning. I don't know what that means. I'm all medicated and have the cough drops at the ready, so we'll see how the day goes. Not expecting a good weigh-in tomorrow - food's been off track. Yesterday I used up a free lunch coupon good at our building's cafeteria - I had a sloppy joe w/ tater tots. Lots of tater tots, and I ate them all. :o

diyana
11-11-2009, 04:07 PM
Hi Laura - I hope you get to feeling better soon. Mucinex can usually work wonders on clearing out a wheezy congested chest. Sloppy joes with tater tots sounds yummy. I'm not expecting a great weigh in either. My preliminary weigh in was a gain...so I'll just keep my fingers crossed and mouth closed until tomorrow's WW meeting. :lol: I was feeling a little overwhelmed, but I'm doing better now. I know it'll all get done. And I'll be back to the gym on Monday night and get back to my 4 or 5 nights a week routine! Yay! Can't wait!!

annie175
11-11-2009, 04:46 PM
Laura...bless your heart....and nothing like comfort foods when we feel bad. MMMMMMmmmmmmm Tator Tots with BBQ sauce for dipping, I could eat them till I puke, literally. Feel better my ailing sista! Hugs.

Chelle...I think we have many of us chickies have been off track lately...I weighed in at 159.5, I refuse to see the 160 number, now I can either get busy and get back on track or stay the H*LL off the scales....the latter is not an option. Therefore I need to quit talking about and and just do it. So my dear sista, the challenge from me to you, is work at getting on track from now til Monday then Monday we hit it hard. YOU GOT IT? YOU IN? ANYONE ELSE?

Signing off, getting ready to fight the idiots on the highway, let the dog out and go to CVS....Have a wonderful OP type of evening all.

Love and Hugs

Shad
11-11-2009, 05:34 PM
Morning all,
Today will be another day like yesterday but with a few added extras. I think the house is clean enough. I'll just finish the sweep and mop a few floors and then mow the lawn at the front (probably do this first). A stint in the garden as well before it gets too hot. Then I will toddle off round to the other house and do a bit of painting.

You all seem to be busy with life at the moment. I wouldn't stress too much on the cleaning Michelle, unless it really is a pigsty. Most people only notice when the muck gets deep.

Laura - get well soon.

:wave: to everyone. Happy must either be busy or sick. She will no doubt be back.

Gotta go. See ya

Shad
11-11-2009, 05:35 PM
Oh forgot! Weigh in day 78.9 for me. Down approx 1lb

MELODY525
11-11-2009, 05:52 PM
http://images-partners-tbn.google.com/images?q=tbn:M3EbiaeFTXXDCM:www.foodtv.ca/DMM/C/O/Confetti_Cornbread_003.jpg
CONFETTI CORNBREAD:
http://www.foodtv.ca/recipes/recipedetails.aspx?dishid=9002

DIABETIC VERSION:
http://www.diabetic-recipes.com/recipes/jun99_5.3.htm

http://z.about.com/d/southernfood/1/0/j/4/2/kalesaussoup3.jpg
TENNESSEE BEANS, SAUSAGE AND MIXED GREENS SOUP:
http://www.culinate.com/books/collections/all_books/The+Glory+of+Southern+Cooking/Tennessee+Bean*2C+Sausage*2C+and+Mixed+Greens+Soup

http://www.culinate.com/hunk/90002

Feijão Branco e Chouriço da Minha Família
(My Family’s White Beans and Sausage):
http://www.culinate.com/books/collections/all_books/the_new_portuguese_table/my_familys_white_beans_and_sausage

WE HAVE BEEN BROWSING THRU RECIPES AND E-MAILS. AND FOUND SOME THINGS TO MAKE FOR NEXT WEEKEND...OR WHENEVER WE GET TO A SUPERMARKET FOR THE INGREDIENTS :scooter: CAN YOU TELL WHICH ONE RICHIE MIGHT PREFER??? :rofl:

ceejay52
11-11-2009, 07:14 PM
Mel
The recipies look yummy especially the white beans and sausage.

Laura
I've been using the Mucinex nasal spray and it does as good as what the doctor has prescribed.

Shad
Congrats on that pound lost. You have been getting enough exercise.

A represenative from the school that I graduated from is supposed to come this week end. I'm hoping to deter him. I just don't feel like listening to a speech. I went to a private school. I'm almost sure he is wanting a donation, which I don't have. I know the person that is supposed to come, but I'd rather him come to my uncles house. My uncle has grand children attending this school so I'm informed as to what is going on.

Shad
11-11-2009, 07:21 PM
My guess would be:

Feijão Branco e Chouriço da Minha Família

Am I right or am I right??

happy2bme
11-12-2009, 02:04 AM
Sorry guys - I didn't realize I wasn't posting. Don't have time in the mornings now that I'm trying to get to work earlier. Last couple of days have had my lunched usurped so could not post. And I just don't know where the night has gone to - oh yeah, been working on the house.

Been having foot pain, went to the podiatrist today. Hurts more now then when I walked in there.

Just lots going on at the moment - need a secretary to transcribe to for me :lol: thinking of you all - be back as quick as I can. Don't give up my seat on the wagon please. I really need it.

MELODY525
11-12-2009, 08:56 AM
SHAD...YOU ARE RIGHT :rofl:

LAURA...ADORABLE DOGGIE.

HAPPY....I WAS THINKING IT WAS GETTING TO WORK EARLY.

CEEJAY....SEEMS LIKE EVERY ONE WANTS A DONATION!!
'
MICHELLE...MAKE SURE ANNIE HAS A SUITCASE WITH CLOTHES IN IT BEFORE YOU OPEN THE DOOR:rofl:

ANNIE...NO...AN APRON IS NOT CONSIDERED CLOTHES!!

:rain:SDRRY GALS...I WILL BE BACK LATER. NO ONE IS IN MAINT BUT ONE MAN. AND THE OFFICE IS SHORT 2 WOMEN...THANK GOD!! :lol3: HOPE TO BE BACK LATER.

diyana
11-12-2009, 09:38 AM
Happy Thursday ladies -

Yay! It's my Friday!! On my day off tomorrow, I get to look forward to a fun-filled, kick arse, day of cleaning! At least I'll be having a good cardio workout while doing it! :woohoo: :lol3:

I'm trying to ignore the sore throat I'm getting as I have too much cleaning followed by fun stuff going on this weekend to be sick. I can't wait to see my niece on Saturday!! We've got some plans this weekend that aren't terribly conducive to weight loss, but that's okay. It's just a weekend. And I'll be back at the gym in full swing on Monday. We're going out to dinner and drinks on Saturday night, lunch at a great burger/ice cream place on Sunday, followed by a brewery tour complete with samples. Today is weigh in...and it won't be good as it's Aunt Flo time. Ugh.

I have a little bit more website work to do tonight/tomorrow (when I'm not cleaning), and then I should be able to send out at least one invoice. Yay!

Annie - I am SO in! Monday it's back on track for me. I will definitely be hitting this HARD!! I can and will lose weight over the holidays. That's my plan. I am SO looking forward to getting back to the gym. I was hoping to get rid of my double/triple chin by Thanksgiving when we typically take our Holiday photo in front of the tree, but since I didn't, it looks like I won't be sending out a photo this year again. :tantrum:

Shad - Congrats on the weight loss!! :congrat: :woohoo: You certainly have been doing great with your eating, walking and also getting exercise remodeling!! You always get so much done in a day! And, since you mentioned it, my house is not quite a pigsty, but embarassingly close.

Mel - Thanks for the recipes! Don't overdo it today, okay?

Ceejay - I know it's hard to turn people down when they ask for donations, especially if it's someone you know. I've just gotten to where I politely say, I really cannot afford to help right now.

Happy - I know these early hours have to be quite an adjustment for a night owl like you. Sorry to hear about your foot pain. I hope the doc can give you something for it (or at least some suggestions). And I hope everything else is going okay. We'll keep your seat on the wagon warm for you.

Laura - Your doggie is soooo adorable!

I gotta run! I'll check in later!

Love and hugs,

annie175
11-12-2009, 11:08 AM
Good Morning and Bah Humbug! Went to donate blood this morning and my iron was too low so was declined. I even doubled up on iron pills for the last week in preparation. Wonder what it would of been if I hadn't of taken the extra iron? Way way low. I may just keep taking extra every day. I have notice I haven't felt as tired and sleepy since upping the iron. Duh, get a clue Annie. I ate the grahm cracker anyway. Like I needed it.

I brought Select Harvest Savory Chicken and Brown Rice Soup for lunch today. Hope it is as good as it sounds. It is one of those Campbell's Healthy Request soups. It has 1000 mg of potassium. Salt not too bad 410 mg. Protein 7g.

Chelle.....Mind over matter, repeat after me....My throat does NOT hurt, I feel amazing...chant this all day long. No holiday picture for me either, I feel/look fat and Bella is way too hairy. She looks like a rag-a-muffin. Let's check in first thing Monday morning and cheer each other on for the hard hit, get it together program.

Shad...Rock on sista...1 lb down! Very proud of you. I think I found your pound and then some....All that yard work/house redecorating/painting/grouting seems to be a better work out for you than a gym. Maybe you should just go to each worldlie chicks house and do the same for us. You would be rail thin in no time.

MEL...very hilarious! And an apron is too considered clothes when you are with the right person and it is a French maid apron. LOL Love the diabetic version of the recipe, may make that for my momma. Thank you for that.

Happy...thanks for popping in, we miss you but glad things are still stirring crazily in your world as is ours. lol. Have a good day at work.

Laura...hope you are feeling much better by now. More hugs to you worldlie sister.

Ceejay...I just tell those who ask for donations to get in line behind all the bill collectors and if I hit the lottery, they may get something. I know there are people out there worse off than I, but frankly I am killing myself with work trying to at least get close to catching up. I am not even thinking of getting ahead at this point.

Sunny and 60 today, started out rather cold tho, 35, windy and nippy. Hoping for that great recovery.

Not much else going on. Have a marvelous Thursday, stay warm, Shad-cool off, and be happy.

Love and hugs,

MELODY525
11-12-2009, 02:18 PM
:cry: I HAVE A GORGEOUS CYST IN MY EYE. I NEVER HAD ONE APPEAR SO QUICKLY, GROW OR HURT SO MUCH SO FAST. NEEDLESS TO SAY THE OFFICE IS ON THEIR OWN. JOHN CAME IN THIS MORNING AND IS TRYING TO WORK...HE GOT BORED AT HOME. JUST AS WELL CAUSE I LEFT.
I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW I WILL BE MIA FOR A FEW DAYS FROM THE COMPUTER. TRY AND STAY OUT OF TROUBLE YOU LOT!!!:tantrum:

GENE FROM THE WHEELCHAIR CO. CALLED ME. WITH THE ORIGINAL COMPANY OUT OF BUSINESS FOR SO MANY YEARS, THE ALTERNATE PARTS COMPANY HAS DISCONTINUED MANUF. THE SPARE PARTS NOW. TOO MANY YEARS HAVE GONE BY. THEY TOLD HIM I NEED TO PUT THE CHAIR IN A FRIGGING MUSEUM!! GENE IS NOW TRYING TO LOCATE USED PARTS AND ASSURES ME HE WILL GET IT REPAIRED ONE WAY OR THE OTHER. BUT WE BOTH KNOW IT'S THE LAST TIME. I KNEW THAT 10 YEARS AGO :rofl: HE'S AFRAID TO RETURN IT IN THE CONDITION IT'S IN RIGHT NOW. THE WHEEL HUBS ARE BEING GROUND OUT WITH EACH ROTATION AND THE TIRES WILL BEGIN TO WOBBLE. THE BEARINGS ARE CRACKING AND FALLING OUT BIT BY BIT. I KNEW THAT TOO. JEN FOUND THE GUNK AND BITS A FEW WEEKS AGO. HE'S AFRAID I WILL GET STUCK SOMEWHERE OR WORSE YET THE WHEEL ACTUALLY FALL OFF.
SO WHEN IT COMES BACK REPAIRED (HOPEFULLY) I WILL SAVE IT FOR NIGHTS AND WHEN I AM WEAKER. NO MORE MOVING FURNITURE, SHOPPING, RACING HITHER AND YON OR WORING FOR THE OFFICE WHEN I AM IN IT.
RIGHT NOW I AM GOING TO SOAK MY EYE, TAKE MY ZYRTEC AND LIE DOWN. NOT MUCH ELSE I CAN DO FOR A FEW DAYS. CAN WE SAY PAIN????
STAY WELL CHICKS AND BE HAPPY!!! :love:

diyana
11-12-2009, 03:46 PM
Went to weigh in....up 1 lb. Not bad considering Aunt Flo is here. Next week's will be better - guaranteed!

Annie - Sorry to hear you were deferred for low iron. That's happened to me more times than I can count. Iron and B12, plus spinach in my daily salads, are my latest tricks to get/keep my iron up. I really like the Select Harvest soups, including the Chicken with Brown Rice. I know they have more sodium than homemade...but they really are yummy and easy. Mind over matter? If you don't mind, it doesn't matter! :lol3: And, sista, you may feel heavy, but no way do you look fat. We are definitely gonna hit this OP thing hard starting Monday. I wonder if anyone else will hit it hard with us (Shaddie is already hitting it pretty hard and having great results).

Mel - I hope your eye gets better soon. Do you have some medicine for it? :hug:

annie175
11-12-2009, 04:35 PM
MELLIE...Dang nabit. Get those eyes to working right. Curses. Cause I love your posts. Feel better my sista!

CHELLE.....One pound up, not so bad. We will kick that in the arse starting Monday, so put on your chit kickers. Shaddie has been our inspiration for the past couple of weeks or so. All the working and losing...we need to get onto to her regimine. I do eat a lot of spinach salads. Heck I even buy spinach for salads rather than lettuce types. I get a B12 shot every month and take iron pills. PLUS I haven't had a period since August 19th. Baffles me! They said more red meat, that in itself made me want to puke. Gag.

Going home in about 30 minutes, actually I don't work tonight so I am going to go by the center to visit with my momma. She has dialysis till 4:00 so I should arrive there bout the same time she does from the hospital. She won't be worth a hoot as it takes all her energy. Maybe sit with her thru her dinner then help her to bed.

Everyone have a great night.

Love and hugs,

Laura705
11-12-2009, 06:25 PM
Hello everyone! I'm feeling alright, slightly better. Still congested, and now coughing is becoming a problem, as usual when I've had a cold. I'm taking the Mucinex and that helps with the chest congestion. I'm thoroughly sick of sucking on cough drops all day, but without them, I start coughing whenever I try to talk. Today I left someone a voicemail that was more coughing than talking! I sent an apology for that – via e-mail. :o

My weigh in this morning showed me at 184, same as last week. I'm very thankful to have had no gain, because my eating wasn't all that good for 4 of the last 5 days. And all those 15 calorie cough drops begin to add up as well! I'm w/ Annie and Michelle – ready to hit it hard, including the EXERCISE!! :exercise:

Shad – Enjoy the painting. Congrats on your pound lost! All your physical labor must certainly be contributing!

Michelle – Happy "Friday" to you! Enjoy your cleaning day tomorrow. I don't think our place gets to the "pigsty" point either, but the dog hair and paw prints (and snout prints, for that matter) get to be a bit much. I hope, hope, hope you don't get sick!!! :crossed:

Mel – The recipes sound yummy! With all the mentions of cornbread on this thread, I just know I'm going to have to make some SOON!! Sorry to hear about your eye. You rest those eyes now, okay? And not good news about your chair. Bah!! Hope Gene can find the parts for you.

Ceejay – Good luck avoiding those alumni fundraising attempts, but if not, have a rejection/excuse prepared!!

Annie – Sorry you were declined for the blood donation. But if the iron pills are helping you, at least some good came out of the prep. Try again next time… How was your soup? I've been trying to avoid the canned soups because of the sodium content. But those canned soups and frozen meals can be sooooo convenient when there's no time or inclination to cook, and lighter, cheaper and faster than restaurant/carry.

Happy – Sorry your foot is bothering you. Hope you get some relief for it. Plenty of room on the wagon for you!!

Have a good evening ladies. Tonight bf and I have to determine the amount to sock away in the flexible spending account for the medical insurance. Open enrollment ends tomorrow!!

ceejay52
11-13-2009, 01:58 AM
I've had trouble getting into the web sight today.

I had a phone call this morning but I politely told him that I had other plans for today. He was okay with that excuse. I told him I came to Paragould on a regular basis and we could meet up there. I think he was relieved.

Happy
Sorry your foot is giving you problems.

Mel
Rest those eyes, but I'm going to miss your posts.

Annie
Enjoy your night off and the visit with your mom. She'll be glad that you came. Get some rest, if possible.

Michelle
I know I get a good work out from cleaning especially when cleaning at work.

I've taken a 4 hour nap and now I'm not sleepy.

ceejay52
11-13-2009, 01:59 AM
Laura,
Hope you continue to feel better.

Shad
11-13-2009, 03:23 AM
Day sort of got away from me this morning. Normally I read and post early in the morning and then just catch up during the day, however the site was down this morning and it fair blew my routine right out of the window.

Mel - get better soon. Nasty thing to get so fast and furiously. Do not come back until that thing fixes itself.

Laura - nice doggie picture. Glad to hear you are feeling somewhat better. Sounds like it was a nasty flu you got.

Happy - hope you catch up with the rest of the world soon

Ceejay - who was this bloke that rang you. Are you keeping someone in the background??? Inquiring minds need to know.

Michelle - happy cleaning. You will be looking forward to the arrival of the niece today.

Annie - glad to hear Mum is doing okay. Hope you get those iron levels up soon. Iron tablets always made me constipated. Hope you can get enough from the veges and meat.

Where's Patty these days. Oh yes - considering starting to paint the house so I saw on Facebook. Good luck to her.

DS2 has gone away camping for the weekend. He gets back Monday and goes to NZ Tuesday morning. I guess it is another early morning dash to the airport. I go over next weekend. Short time but will be fun.

Back tomorrow. Hopefully, I will be able to get back into routine again.

MELODY525
11-14-2009, 01:11 PM
SO MY NEWS: I THINK A MIRACLE HAPPENED LAST YESTERDAY AND TODAY. WITH A SMALL MAKE-UP BRUSH, I HAD PUT A DAB OF MY ROSACEA SULFER-BASED "AGAR CREAM" ON THE CYST FROM THE OUTSIDE (LOWER EYE SOCKET AREA) AND IT'S SHRINKING. MAYBE TOMORROW IT WILL BE EVEN SMALLER!! DOING THE HAPPY DANCE.
I HAVEN'T READ YET SO I MIGHT BE BACK.

http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/qq346/POPPOPPAUL/2272575829_737c67e2c3-1.jpg?t=1257988626

OK ANNIE...YOU'RE ON FOR MONDAY!! THIS WEEKEND I NEED TO COOK PLAIN FOOD. I GOT ON THE SCALE AND SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF MYSELF AGAIN. NOT SURE WHAT I EVEN DID WRONG. 189.5...OUCH :cry:

HOPE WE ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND....AT LEAST I MADE IT THRU THE 13TH!! ROFLMAO

MELODY525
11-14-2009, 01:22 PM
I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT I TOO HAD A
TERRIBLE TIME TRYING TO GET 3FC TO OPEN UP. IT KEEPS TELLING ME THE SERVER IS DOWN AND TO TRY AGAIN LATER. TOOK ME HOURS TODAY JUST TO GET HERE NOW. WONDER WHAT'S GOING ON :dunno:

JEANETTE~ GLAD YOUR PLANS ARE WORKINGOUT FOR YOU AND NOT FOR OTHERS. I FIND IT TOUGH TO BE TOUGH BUT I AM WORKING ON IT! :rofl: YOU ARE INSPIRING ME!!

ANNIE~ YOU FINALLY GOT A DAY OFF? HOPE MOM
WILL BE FEELING MUCH BETTER SOON AND YOU BOTH CAN HAVE A VISIT OUTSIDE A MEDICAL BLDG :hug: RED MEAT!!! :hun: MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE!! PURE CARNIVORE OVER HERE! :lol3:

MICHELLE~ WE'LL GET THAT PESKY POUND RIGHT OFF YOU ALONG WITH ALL HIS FRIENDS THAT HAVE ATTACHED THEMSELVES TO MY FREAKING BELLY! :tantrum: HAPPY CLEANING!

HAPPY~ HOPE YOU ARE FEELINGBETTER NOW IN THE FOOT. WE'LL SIT SIDE BY SIDE AND SOAK OUR TOOTSIES TOGETHER. GET OUT THE BOOZE AND I'LL LEAVE NOW :scooter:

LAURA~ I HOPE YOU WILL FEEL BETTER SOON...NOTHING WORSE THAN A HACKING COUGH. YOU HAD A TOUGH FEW DAYS AND HOPE THE WEEKEND WILL SEE YOU HEALTHIER :hug:

SHAD~ CONGRATULATIONS ON THE POUND!!! IT SWAM THE POND AND ATTACHED ITSELF TO ME :swim: WITH ALL THE BUILDING, GROUTING AND PAINTING ETC...YOU WILL BE A SKINNY MINNIE IN NO TIME FLAT!!! GO, GO, GO!!! :cheer3:

MELODY525
11-14-2009, 06:31 PM
WE WERE SITTING HERE BROWSING 3FC WHEN I STUMBLED OVER THIS AND ALMOST FELL OUT OF THE WHEELCHAIR:

"Dear Forum Members

We would like to announce taht 3 Fat Chicks has been acquired by Internet Brands, Inc, which operates leading consumer and enthusiast websites including CarsDirect.com and FitDay.com.
The plan is to maintain 3fc as a stand-alone site, while leveraging Internet Brands’ technology resources where they can enhance the site. There are no changes planned for 3FC at this point, other than moving to bigger, faster servers.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email them to me. We have been through this process many times and we see a few questions on different sites. Below is an FAQ about the acquisition that should answer many of your questions. We’re excited about the upgrades the acquisition will bring, and hope you are too.

Thank you."
IBsteph-Administrator

HERE IS THE LINK FOR THE WHOLE ANNOUNCEMENT AND COMMENTS:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/186279-3fc-acquisition.html

I HOPE THE THREE CHICKS WILL HAVE A GREAT NEW LIFE WEITH LOTS MORE TIME FOR FRIENDS, FAMILY AND THEMSELVES!!! :dance:

MELODY525
11-14-2009, 06:52 PM
I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO ADD THAT SUZANNE, AMY & JENNIFER COULD USE OUR SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT OVER THERE ON THAT THREAD. SEEMS LIKE NAYSAYERS ARE GOING TO RANT. PEOPLE JUST CANNOT ACCEPT CHANGE. THE SISTERS GAVE US A LOT OF THEIR TIME FOR YEARS. NOW IT'S TIME THEY HAD A "BREAK" FROM IT ALL AND I FOR ONE SAY CONGRATULATIONS:cheer:

ceejay52
11-14-2009, 08:29 PM
At least I wasn't going crazy when I got a blank page when trying to open 3fc. Thanks Suzanne and Jennifer for all your hard work.

I've worked in the yard today. Leaf raking along with the pine needles that were piling up. Then I washed the car. Extremely good upper body work out and I was outside. Throughly enjoyed it.

Mel
Seems like you are the only one that could get online. good for you in finding out that miracle.

More later.

Laura705
11-15-2009, 12:11 PM
Good Morning Ladies

Missed 3fc while it was down. Just stopping in to say hello. I'm feeling so-so, still have some congestion. I stayed home from work on Friday just because of all the coughing. At home, didn't need to talk, so not as much coughing.

Did a lot of leaf-raking yesterday because it was a beautiful day and because this week is the last of the curbside leaf pickup. After that we'll need to bag them, and that's a real PITA. Today's sort of overcast. I'm going to make some veggie soup.

Ceejay - I agree, my upper body got a real workout from the raking.

Mel - Glad your eye is on the mend. I read about the acquisition. Hate that there are people badmouthing this move. Suzanne, Jennifer & Amy - great job w/ the site and I'm glad you'll still be around the forums!!

Shad - Hope you get back into your routine now that 3fc is up again. I don't think what I have is the flu, just a bad cold w/ a lot of congestion. I'd like to be completely better ASAP of course, but bf is really bugging me. He thinks I should get some sort of rx from the doc because I'm still sick a week later. Well, guess what - I'm getting better, not worse and yeh, I wish I weren't still congested and coughing, but a week isn't all that long and I don't think I need to see a doc yet. Grrr.

Hellos to Happy, Annie, Michelle, Rose & Patty! :wave:

ceejay52
11-15-2009, 01:29 PM
Laura
I thought I'd be sore but thankfully I'm not. Feel better soon.

Mel
Thanks for the information. Those three ladies are awesome. They deserve some time to be themselves. By the way, when I talked to my aunt on Friday she told me that on the way home from church Wednesday night that a deer hit the driver's side of the car. The car is in the shop. They were less than 200 feet from their driveway. I've seen deer in their back yard. They are okay.

I'm back to work this morning and came into a problem. My co-worker told me about it so I was aware. Hoping that I might fix it but to no avail. The fluoride pump had lost prime. It did last week but I did get it primed that time. She had called the maintenace man who was hunting. I called them both after I couldn't get the pump primed. They got here about 9.00 a.m. and had to replace a cracked diaphram (sp)on the pump.

More later

I'm a little concerned about something that I've been hearing. At first I thought it was from the neighbors. The walls are thin. I kept hearing loud farts. But then last night while I was taking a bath I heard them again outside my bathroom window. If I hear it tonight I'm calling the police. I'm thinking about writing a note stating that he's being recorded. Wish I had a pop gun.

MELODY525
11-15-2009, 03:32 PM
JEANETTE....LET ME AT HIM!! I'LL RUN HIS FARTING BUTT RIGHT OVER LIKE A LAWNMOWER!! HE'LL NEVER PASS GAS AGAIN!! :rollpin: WHAT THE HECK IS HE DOING OUTSIDE FARTING? ARE YOU ON THE FIRST LEVEL?? KEEP US POSTED. GLAD YOU ALL GT THE PUMP GOING AGAIN!

:wave: HELLO TO ALL THE CHICKS FOR MONDAY.
I AM POSTING NOW BECAUSE I WILL BE DOWN IN THE OFFICE TO OPEN UP AND UNSURE WHEN I WILL BE DONE. THE EYE IS GOOD NOW BUT A SMALL BUMP IS STILL THERE SO I AM NOT PUSHING IT. THEY JUST HAVE TO REALIZE...IF THEY WANT HELP IN THE OFFICE THEN DON'T WEAR PERFUME!! HOW LONG DO THEY KNOW ME FOR CHISTMAS SAKE???:hohoho:
NOTHING NEW HERE. LAZY SUNDAY FOR ME. I DID SOME COOKING YESTERDAY AND TODAY SO I HAVE HEALTHY MEALS AT HAND. GOING NOW TO GET SOME CLOTHES READY FOR THE WEEK AND BAG MORE LAUNDRY! I AM
STILL TRYING TO CATCH UP WITH THAT. :rofl:

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY AND A GREAT WEEK!! GOOD LUCK TO US THIS WEEK! :lifter: :exercise: :running:

MELODY525
11-15-2009, 03:42 PM
LAURA~ DIDN'T SEE YOUR POST ABOVE CEEJAY'S. GOOD THAT YOU TOOK FRIDAY OFF. HOPE THE COUGH GOES AWAY. THAT IS A PITA FOR SURE. LEAF RAKING? FUNNY THING WAS...WHEN I WENT DOWNSTAIRS THIS EARLY A.M. TO CHECK OUT THE BUILDING, THE FALL LEAF SMELL WAS ALL OVER THE LOBBY ALONG WITH THE LEAVES!! THE AUTOMATIC DOORS LET A LOT OF WIND AND LEAVES IN. GOTTA LOVE THE SMELL OF AUTUMN! STAY WELL THIS WEEK AND FAR AWAY FROM ANY SICK PEOPLE!!! :hug:

annie175
11-15-2009, 04:08 PM
Well for pitties sake. I thought I couldn't get into 3FC because of work related issues. They block so much crap, I was beginning to think they were on to me.

Just got back from visiting mom, she was sound asleep when I got there. The dialysis just wears her out. Bless her heart. Maybe, fingers crossed, she may get to come home next week.

Cleaned house yesterday, actually a pretty boring day. My brother and SIL came over last night for coffee and chat. Oh it just dawned on me why I couldn't sleep last night, it must of been the coffee.

Grocery, tanning, and visiting mom. Now fixing dinner and T will be over to eat it up. lol. BBQ pork, hash brown casserole, broccoli, carrots, and homemade bruchetta for appetizer. No desserts! T will be sad about that, but I am not in the mood to make it.

May go watch the Colts down the street at the local pub. A friend of mine owns it so I will sit with her crowd. Not for sure on that tho, as the game does not start till 8:20 pm, only 10 minutes till my bedtime. LOL

MEL...glad the eye is getting better. That must hurt awful.

Laura...hope you are better too!

Shad....slow down and smell the flowers. Stay cool.

Chelle...fishing?? Or is this the weekend for the neice?

Happy...waddup?

Ceejay...stay away from farting windows.

Howdie to all..

Love and hugs

MELODY525
11-15-2009, 04:53 PM
SHAD SAYS: I am lost in cyberspace and will be back when the GPS allows me to know the way. Needless to say, two more walls got painted yesterday and the 2nd bedroom is no longer 3 shades of purple – rather 1 shade of pale lilac. Another coat this morning will take it all away I hope.

SHE'S JUST ABOUT TRIED EVERYTHING AND IS BEING BLOCKED OUT THE WAY I WAS FOR 2 DAYS. I'LL KEEP YOU POSTED IF I HEAR FROM HER.

MELODY525
11-15-2009, 04:57 PM
ANNIE...YUM ON THE DINNER!!! PUTTING MY COAT ON NOW! THE HECK WITH WAITING TILL THANKSGIVING!! SENDING MORE GOOD THOUGHTS TO MOM. LET US HOPE SHE HAS AN EVEN BETTER WEEK. :hug: AND A HUG FOR YOU TOO :hug:

Shad
11-15-2009, 06:17 PM
I'm back!!!!!

Had to delete everything single thing I have stored on my system for the internet over the past couple of years. But at last something worked. Now I have to go put them all back again. Yes I took screen prints of all the lists and favourites I had stored and now I have to go put them all back. Pooh bar.

Anyway, I need to go to the vet and pick up Sunday's certificate for the cattery (shhh don't tell her yet) and get the DS2 packed and organised for his flight out tomorrow. Then I need to get to work here - clean out the fridge and get rid of a couple of scientific experiments dwelling in the back - etc. So I'd better get started. I'll be back when it gets too hot to work.

Mel, thanks for holding everything together again.

MELODY525
11-16-2009, 09:44 AM
I AM ALREADY DONE DOWNSTAIRS AND BACK HOME. THIS CHAIR IS BOTHERING MY BACK SO I'M GIVINGTHE LAUNDRY ROOM A MISS TODAY. KINDA CHILLY DOWN THERE TOO. IT WAS LOVELY YESTERDAY. I BETTER FIND SOMETHING TO KEEP ME OCCUPIED. HAVE A GREAT DAY!

SHAD~ GLAD YOU GOT ON. AS I SAID IN TODAY'S E-MAIL...I COULDN'T GET ON THIS MORNING AGAIN AND FOR THE SAME REASON. I SENT RUTH AN E-MAIL SO SHE CAN PASS ON THE SERVER NOTICE I KEEP GETTING. NOT SURE WHAT THE PROBLEMS ARE. JUST HOPE THEY FIND WHY. :rofl: HAPPY PAINTING. YOU'RE GETTING SO MUCH DONE!!! I PROMISE NOT TO TELL SUNDAY ANYTHINGABOUT THE CATTERY!! :lol3: :lol3:

annie175
11-16-2009, 09:52 AM
Gez, it is hit or miss whether I can get in or not. This place hasn't worked right since the take over.

Happy Monday....

Not much happened since yesterday...GO COLTS...GO PACKERS!!! That was the most excitement yesterday. Of course I fell asleep before the 4th quarter was over and didn't even know the Colts won til I got up this morning. Watched the Packers game yesterday too, it was pretty good.

My eyes are a bit tired this morning, hope I make it through both jobs today without falling asleep.

Today is hit it hard day for being OP. So far I have had low fat cottage cheese with cucumber cut up in it, string cheese and a clementine. 1 cup of DECAF coffee. Yep decaf. Boring. Probably be asleep by 10:00 am. Lunch is 2 oz of ham, spinach, cucumber, 1 oz cream cheese, and a very small tortilla. It is a mini tortilla. Kind of cute. Don't know about dinner yet as I typically don't eat the right foods between jobs, but am going to make the effort and NO snacking at CVS. Already had 2 glasses of water and shooting for 6 more. This all sounds good, now to make it happen!

I hate to post and log out, God only knows if I can get back in here. It took me like 4 tries this morning to get in.

Anyway, have a marvelous Monday. Hello's to everyone.

Love and Hugs,

annie175
11-16-2009, 09:56 AM
P.S. MEL....I had sooooooooooooo much left over from dinner last night, you could of brought an army and till had some to spare. I left the light on for you.........

diyana
11-16-2009, 11:20 AM
Happy Monday ladies -

I am EXHAUSTED today. Completely, utterly exhausted. But I managed to get the housecleaning all done on Friday and Saturday morning, and it really looked GREAT by the time I finished!! :) :faint: But I did get a great workout Friday and Saturday with all the hours of cleaning! :lol:

We had a wonderful visit weekend with my niece. She's a lot of fun and such a sweet young woman. I picked her up at the airport on Friday and we hung out for a few hours. Then she had to lead a training session on Saturday, so we picked her up about 4 and went to get some dinner and went back home where we talked and talked. Sunday we went to the Harley Davidson museum, and then out to a late lunch before she had to get back to the airport.

Annie - Too bad mom was asleep on Friday, but rest was probably just what she needed. I hope she gets to go home soon. :hug: for you both. Thanks for the tips/heads up about my niece's surgery and how it affects her eating. Very small portions, spaced out far enough apart. And she can only have fairly soft food, nothing bulky or doughy. Rice, fish, soups, and of course nothing carbonated to drink. She said if she eats too much, it comes back up. She said it is NOT a surgery for sissies, but she's glad she did it. She's lost 90 pounds so far, and I think she wants to lose at least another 50 or so. Good for you for getting back on track! Your meal plans sound delish! I'm right there with ya' getting back on the wagon. I'm definitely ready to get my butt back in gear with eating/exercise. I've got to mow the lawns when I get home, but I'm gonna try and get to the gym after that. Just in case I don't get to the gym, I'm gonna take a walk at lunch to get my cardio in. Congrats on the Colts win! What a bonehead move for the Patriots to go for it on 4th and 2 so deep in their own zone! I was happy to hear that the Colts won. Although I lived in New England as a child, I don't like Bill Belicheck (sp?). The Packer game was REALLY good. No one around here thought they would've beaten Dallas!

Laura - I hope you're feeling better. Chest colds and coughing fits really suck! Our dogs are Mini Schnauzers so thankfully they don't shed, but I know what you mean about the paw prints and snout prints. I really felt like I was coming down with something this morning, but I'm feeling a little better now. :crossed:

Ceejay - Glad to hear you put off the alumni fundraising. Good for you for taking a 4 hour nap last week. I could sure use one of those right about now, but my boss wouldn't appreciate it! :lol3: Glad to hear your aunt is okay after the deer hit her car. As for the farter, you should also say on the note that you have a hidden motion detector camera.

Shad - Back to painting and remodeling, huh? Well, that's a productive way to burn calories! Are you going to be working on the house while DS2 is in NZ this week?

Mel - I'm glad your eye is doing better. How frustrating that so many are badmouthing the acquisition. Those 3 chicks have done SO much for us in keeping this wonderful site up for sooo many years! They deserve a break and sizeable monetary rewards. I hope they get both!! Maybe Laura can come by and rake out your lobby! :lol: Sorry to hear that your back is bothering you. Rest up today.

Time to go get more water...3 glasses down, at least 5 more to go!

Love and hugs to all,

annie175
11-16-2009, 11:59 AM
Chelle...keep me on the straight and narrow. I had about 15 almonds for a snack just a bit ago. I am trying to go back to the basic of bariatric. Protein Protein Protein. Glad you had a great time with your niece and very glad she is doing so well. Tell her not to get too excited as I still have some of the episodes of which you speak. "She said if she eats too much, it comes back up" I cannot drink carbonated drinks either. I never did as I am alergic to carbination in soda so I never acquired a taste for them, therefore I do not miss them. Yes, you all shocked me beating the Cowboys. That is my son's favorite team, but I am guessing he is ready to change his likings.

Stay OP sista...WE CAN DO THIS AS WE ROCK!!! Come on all y'all sistas, jump on board.

diyana
11-16-2009, 12:13 PM
Thanks, Annie. My niece said she really has learned A LOT about listening to her body's signals. Lots of protein, drinking milk and that sometimes the difference between keeping it down and not can be one teeny bite. So she eats very slowly and pays attention to the cues her body is giving her. She's doing really well. I'm very proud of her, not just for her weight loss and taking charge of her life and her health, but for the woman she has become.

annie175
11-16-2009, 12:26 PM
Aw Chelle, have you told her how proud of her you are and the woman she has become? That is a very sweet, kind thing of you to say about a person. You are awesome.

My body gives me signals and I eat way too fast, maybe cause my life is so fast tracked. I do know that when I don't listen to my body, I barf it back up. She is smart to listen. Why is it when you start a new OP routine, all you can think about is food. LOL. At least I am thinking about good food instead of off program food. I have the babbles today and don't want to work. Can you tell.

Laura705
11-16-2009, 01:46 PM
Hello to everyone. Wanted to make some soup yesterday, but we were out of a couple things so I ended up doing some shopping - Kohl's (used my $10 off coupon, got 20% off, and earned $10 of Kohl's cash - woohoo!!) , gas, and then groceries, and finally a stop at Oberweis for milk (their skim milk is not watery looking). Back at work today. Ho hum.

Shad - sorry you had set up all your favorites/bookmarks again. What a pain. Sounds like the painting is going smoothly. I'm sure it'll make a world of difference. Stay cool!

Annie - All right, OP here we come! You're off to a good start. I brought my snacks and lunch to work today. I left some snacks in the office fridge over the weekend, but due to weekend construction work there was supposed to be a power down for our floor and I don't think I'll be eating the cottage cheese and yogurt I left in there! (I wasn't there on Friday to remove them.)

Michelle - Sounds like a wonderful weekend you had w/ your niece. The surgery seems to be going well for her.

Ceejay - glad no on got hurt by the deer in the road. What's up w/ that farter??!! People really have nothing better to do??

Mel - Hope the chair stops bothering your back. Take it easy. You know the laundry will still be there!! Sorry, I had my share of raking this past weekend!! Bf will have to deal w/ the rest of the leaves this week.

Have a good day everyone!

diyana
11-16-2009, 02:06 PM
Annie - Yes, I'm pretty sure I've told my niece that I'm proud of her....but it can't hurt to tell her again. Thanks for the suggestion. I don't have the babbles, but I'm not feeling all that great (nausea big time) and can't really focus on work. But I can't go home sick until 3 as I have a bunch of afternoon meetings. :barf:

Linda - Glad you were feeling good enough to do some shopping. Kohl's gives great discounts! I had an OP lunch today. Beef and Broccoli (plus lots of extra veggies) over brown rice. Had a small bagel and cottage cheese for breakfast earlier. Tonight's dinner is gonna be a Lean Cuisine and maybe some veggie soup.

annie175
11-16-2009, 02:23 PM
Chelle...hopin' you feel much better by this evening. NO SICKIES!!!

happy2bme
11-16-2009, 03:25 PM
Hi all,

Been absentee-o myself. I had just read about the 3FC sale and then the site got wonky until it flat out died. Haven't been able to get in after several tries on several days so I just quit checking. Tried this morning, got in and when I went to get to our thread, it died again. The positive thing in all this frustration has been that it showed me that I need to be focusing on other stuff rather than spending way too much time on the computer. So I will probably be cutting back my time here and doing more peeking than poking.

We're trying to get some plans in place to put wood floors in - at least in the downstairs part of the house for now. That means getting everything off the floors in the closets which means an incredible amount of re-arranging. In some regards it's making an awful mess - I need to stay focused and remember a bit at a time eventually gets me where I need to be.

Foot is still bothering me - probably need surgery to remove the cyst.

Trying to step up the weight loss battle as I have not succeeded at all with even a modest 1 pound a week loss. I'm about to super-glue my lips shut, save for a hole the size of a straw.

On another note, I am in hog heaven. Back in the 70's I had a candle made of wax chips with a scent I absolutely adored. It had sandalwood and patchouli and something else and it was divine. I've been looking for a replacement for the last 30 years. Yesterday I was talking to Mom who was complaining that her last terry cloth lined shower cap was about to bite the dust and she could not find a replacement. I did my handy dandy Google search and found a place called The Vermont Country Store. Not only did they have shower caps (and hair nets mind you) but believe it or not they had a perfume compact of my beloved Sweet Earth scents. I ordered 2 and can't wait to get them. I'm sure they won't smell anything near what I think they should smell like but it's great to find something you've been searching for your entire adult life :lol: I promise NOT to wear them around Mel. :hug:

Laura - I do so miss Oberwiess milk. :T :T :T Their skim was the equivalent of everyone else's 2 percent and the only skim I'd drink. Enjoy a glass for me - I might sneak a gallon back with me again at Christmas time if we have room for a small cooler. Glad you got some bargains at Kohl's. I try to do my Christmas shopping there and wind up getting more for me than presents for my gift list :o

Michelle - glad you had a nice if not whirlwind visit with your niece. 90 pounds off is great! How long ago did she have surgery? I think we all might benefit if we followed some of the good practices that bariatric patients follow - like small meals, tiny bites, chew well, don't eat the bad stuff.

Mel - are your eyes feeling better now? How great to find that the agar cream helped. You just have to lay some rules down with the office ladies if they want your help. Not that they will listen of course.

Annie - I loved the sound of your mini tortilla. I have some little WW cream cheese cups left - might try that myself. My DH has switched to decaf and is trying to bring me over to the "lite side" so we don't have to make 2 pots of coffee. I told him I only have one cup in the morning and if it's decaf, why bother? :dunno: Although I think I may have drank his this morning. Let's call each other around 2pm and wake each other up :lol:

Ceejay - ewww on the farter. Perhaps he just discovered how good those darn Fiber One bars are. :rofl: You need to get yourself one of those air horns and toot him back when you hear him pop :rofl:

Shad - argh having to reload the system. I think mine needs a good cleaning too. Do you do house calls? :lol: Why is Sunday going to the cattery? Are you traveling over to NZ?

Ok, lunch is long over. Gotta run chicks. See yahs.

annie175
11-16-2009, 04:18 PM
Happy...looks like we missed the 2:00 wake up call...sorry I was sleeping. I won't really notice the big difference til tonight at CVS. I will be dragging. Once I start yawning, it's all over. You DH has a point about the decaf, I guess it is just the taste we would be after not the caffeine, and I don't think coffee tastes all that great anyway. It is just something to do besides eat! Kind of like going to Starbucks and ordering a NONFAT, DECAF, SF CINNAMON DULCHE', ONE EQUAL, LATTE, NO WHIP, EXTRA HOT I mean what is the point. lol Tastes good tho. I might cut back next time I ever go to SB and leave out the EQUAL...LOL..

I would love hardwood floors but God knows it is NOT in my budget any time soon.

Have a great night.

ceejay52
11-16-2009, 07:49 PM
HAPPY
I'm jealous of the hard wood floors you will be putting down. My mom had hard wood. I love them. I fully understand about the time on the computer.
A cyst on you foot has to be uncomfortable. Take it easy. As far as the farter goes. I've been wishing for one of those toy cap guns. I may fix a snare of some sort too. My pay backs are tough.

Michelle
Isn't it nice to visit with your neices. I really miss mine.

Laura
I'm hoping that this farter leaves me alone. I've thought about putting a big sign in the window stating "smile you are candid camera." I really would not mind having a camera outside. My friend has one covering her vehicle.

Annie
I'm off caffiene for now. I enjoy a dr pepper once a week and then it keeps me awake.

Mel
How are you doing?

It's been a quiet day at work.

happy2bme
11-16-2009, 09:40 PM
Ceejay - maybe you need one of those whistles - come close, I can make the sound but not describe it - that you can play when the guy toots his horn. I had to laugh about the smile sign - good one!

Annie - DH switched to decaf because he thinks the caffeine was making his sweat alot. Seems to be working. Either that or male menopause hot flashes have set in :D

happy2bme
11-16-2009, 09:54 PM
:wave: Carla. Somehow I feel your presence. Hope you are doing well. Is it about time to take one of those frozen dips in the pond you're so fond of?

Brrrr - just thinking about it makes me run for a snuggly blanket to cuddle in.

Tippin' my hat hello to you too Madcat.

happy2bme
11-17-2009, 09:23 AM
Good morning chicks,

I've got the sniffles and aches this morning. Would rather crawl back into bed but I have a ton of work to do. So I'll load up on vitamin C and take some tea and honey and lemon to work with me.

Hope everyone is having a good day today.

It's non-stop meeting Tuesday - probably won't get back here until late. Stay well and have fun :wave:

diyana
11-17-2009, 09:49 AM
Happy Tuesday -

I left work a bit early yesterday as I was feeling really nauseous all day. I would've left much earlier, but I had afternoon meetings. Still feel pretty lousy today and almost stayed home...but have too much work to do, plus meetings...so here I am. I'm hoping breakfast stays down. I didn't get to the gym yesterday, but I got my cardio in walking around the building; which is what I'll be doing today as well with all the meetings. If I feel better this evening I'll drag my butt to the gym. I just don't want to be sick on the equipment.

Annie - I'll be fine. This will pass one way or 'nother. I missed the 2:00 wake up call as well. The Starbucks coffee drink sounds yummy but complicated to order. :lol:

Happy - So sorry about your foot! :yikes: That has to hurt!! :hug: I think we all probably spend too much time on the 'puter. But given the withdrawals I felt when the site was down, I think coming here and checking in is necessary for me. Great that you found the scent you like along with your mom's shower cap!! I actually receive the catalog for the Vermont Country Store. We put wood laminate floors in the family room a couple years ago and we LOVE them. They look and feel close to real wood and were less expensive. They are really easy to care for as this is a high traffic area (where we put the dogs out and bring them back in with their muddy or snowy paws) and the original off-white carpet just didn't work well at all. When we have the money, we want to put the laminate floors in the master bedroom and probably the living room. We did the work ourselves in the family room and can probably do it ourselves in the bedroom, but the living room is so big that we'll have to hire someone to do it or at least to help us. Since I can't remember how long ago my niece had her bariatric surgery, I'll ask her and let you know. I love the mini WW cream cheese cups. One of the women at my WW meeting suggested taking turkey pepperoni and spreading a little cream cheese on it. If you use 17 turkey pepperoni and 1 mini WW Cream Cheese, it makes a nice protein rich snack for 3 pts. That's interesting that your DH thinks the caffeine was making him sweat a lot. I perspire a little when I drink coffee...don't know if it raises my BP or just makes me warm or a combo of both. Sorry to hear you have the sniffles and aches. I hope you're not coming down with something bad. :hug: Feel better soon.

Ceejay - I think a bear trap for the farter would be great and depending on how low he crouched it might snap closed on something other than his foot! :yikes: :rofl: I like the idea of the "smile" sign. Good for you for cutting out caffeine! I still enjoy it has one of my many vices!

Patty - Where are you??

Shad - Glad you got DS off to NZ okay. Enjoy your painting this week, and your trip this coming weekend.

Mel - I hope the eye is doing much better.

A big :wave: to all you wonderful chicks!

Love and hugs,

annie175
11-17-2009, 01:05 PM
Good Morning All.

Short post, got in late as I had to stop by the doc office and get my B12 shot. Dinner tonight with T is spaghetti. Sauce is in the crockpot brewing all day today. YUM! Going to fix ghetto garlic bread and made the salad when I got home from CVS last night. That is about it.

Today so far. Breakfast burrito and a clementine. Decaf coffee. Lunch will be ground beef with cheese and a clementine.

Chelle...Get to feeling better...Nauseous huh? Preggers? Yikes....none of that for me. Your body may be telling you to slow down a bit. Rest is always good....

Ceejay...hope your quiet day at work is just that...quiet.

Happy...feel better my dear worldlie.

Shad...did you fall in a hole on the back 40? Hope you day isn't too stressful with work.

Laura...hope you day is going well.

Hi's to everyone.

Love and hugs.

MELODY525
11-17-2009, 01:14 PM
:wave: HELLO CHICKS OF THE WORLD :wave:
I HAVE BEEN SPENDING TIME WITH JEN, WE FOOD SHOPPED TOGETHER AND SORTED OUT A KITCHEN CLOSET AGAIN. WE MOVED THE CANNED GOODS DOWN ONE MORE SHELF SO THEY DON'T FALL ON MY HEAD :faint: NOTHING ELSE NEW HERE. EYE IS ALMOST HEALED. HAVING A GOOD WEEK SO FAR. JUST BUSY. PUTTING JEN TO GOOD USE WHILE THEY HAVE NO CAR TO GO OUT IN. :rofl:
HAVE A GREAT AFTERNOON :moped:

ANNIE~ YOUR MONDAY WAS GOOD LIKE MINE. I CUT TO THE CHASE WITH MEALS AND STUCK TO IT.

MICHELLE~ THAT WAS SOME HOUSE CLEANINGYOU GT DONE. I AM HAPPY YOU HAD A GOOD VISIT AND SHE SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT "KID". GLAD TO HEAR SHE DID SO WELL WITH THE WEIGHTLOSS. :cheer3: YOUR WEEKEND SOUNDED SO NICE. I SURE HOPE YOU'RE NOT GETTING SICK:hug:

LAURA~ NICE BARGAINS AT KOHLS! I ,OVE TO GET ALL THEIR COUPONS ETC READY WHEN I GO AT XMAS TIME. GET LOTS OF GOD BARGAINS THERE. HOPE YOU'RE FEELING BETTER.

HAPPY~ I BUY MY FLANNEL NIGHTGOWNS THEWRE AS WELL...IN THE MEN'S DEPARTMENT!!! HAD A GOOD LAUGH WHEN I READ YOUR VERMONT COUNTRY STORE POST. I ALSO BOUGHT MY WOODEN BEADED SEATS FOR MY WHEELCHAIORS THERE YEARS AGO. WHEN WE CAN'T FIND SOMETHING I LOOK THERE FIRST. ROFLMAO HOPE THEY SMELL AS GOOD AS YOU REMEMBER5. I LOVE YANKEE CANDLE FOR THEIR PATCHOULI. YUM! I HOPE YOUR FOOT FEELS BETTER SOON. OUCH! :hug: GOOD LUCK WITH MOVING EVERYTHIONGFOR THE FLOORS!! I DON'T ENVY YOU OR DH!

JEANETTE~ TOO BAD YOUR FRIEND'S CAMERA CAN'T BE AIMED AT YOUR WINDOW!!! PUT A SIGN IN THE WOINDOW THAT SAYS FARTERS BEWARE!!! :rofl: YOU SHOULD GET ONE OF THOSE CANNED AIR HORNS THEY USE AT FOOTBALL GAMES AND SCARE THE CRAP RIGHT OUT OF HIM!!

;wave: HELLO TO MISS CARLA JUST IN CASE HAPPY IS RIGHT :lol3: :lol3:

:wave: TO MISS MADCAT TOO....I CAUGHT YOU POSTING TO THE 3 CHICKS :hug:

WONDER IF OUR SHAD IS HAVING PROBLEMS AGAIN LOGGING ON. I DID YESTERDAY. KEPT TRYING ALL AFTERNOON AND EVENING BUT NO DICE. ONCE OR TWICE IT BEGAN TO LOAD AND THEN I LOST IT. TYODAY SEEMS OK THOUGH. THESE ARE OUR LITTLE HICCUPS IN LIFE :rofl:

MELODY525
11-17-2009, 01:17 PM
ANNIE SNUCK IN THERE YOU RASCAL YOU!! I HAD FUSILLI, SAUCE AND TURKEY MEATBALLS LAST NIGHT AND HAVE LOTS OF LEFTOVERS :hun: LOVE SAUCE!!
WHAT IS GHETTO GARLIC BREAD? SOMETIME WE USE WONDER BREAD WHEN WE HAVE NO LOAFS. :rofl:
HAVE A GREAT DINNER WIT T :love:

annie175
11-17-2009, 01:56 PM
MEL....Ghetto garlic bread is garlic bread, you spread butter on a slice of bread, sprinkle with garlic salt then toast it in the toaster. Taaadaaahh, ghetto garlic bread. LOL

diyana
11-17-2009, 02:13 PM
Annie - The spaghetti sauce sounds really yummy. Thanks for the explanation of ghetto garlic bread! I was confused too. BTW, NO I am NOT preggers! DH thinks I stressed out too much getting the house ready for my niece's visit. And then we were busy all weekend with very little rest. So yes, this ol' bod is telling me to slow my arse down. I'm planning on getting into jammies when I get home, and having a relaxing evening.

Mel - So nice that you've been spending time with Jen and that you won't be konked on the head by canned goods anymore! I'm glad to hear your eye is almost healed! :cheer: My niece is a great 30 year old kid! She's so sweet and a lot of fun! You cracked me up with your suggestions for Ceejay's farter problems. Y

Happy - My niece had bariatric surgery a bit over a year ago. She's lost 90 lbs, but still wants to lose about 50 more I think. Please be careful moving stuff for the floors. No sense both you and DH injuring yourselves.

:wave: to Carla and Madcat and Ruthie if y'all are around.

As for Kohl's...if any of you want Kohl's coupons, please PM me your email addy and I'll send them along when we get them (for employees' friends and family discount days, etc.).

Shad
11-17-2009, 03:35 PM
Haven't gone missing or had site problems. Yesterday was just too darn hot to do anything at all. We started at 21C at 5.00am and by 10.00am it was 35C and it steadily rose to 40C by 2.00pm where it stayed until around 7.00pm last night.
For the uninitiated, if you take the temp, (40) double it (80) and add 30 (110) you get close enough to the Fahrenheit temp. The true conversion is somewhere between 108F and 110F - you multiply by something with around 6 decimal points.
Anyway, it finally stormed last night and we are expected to have a cooler day today. Right now, it is 26F in my living room.

I'm off to do my walk and will report back in later with personals.

happy2bme
11-17-2009, 03:58 PM
Hello from Miss Balloon Head,

God I feel awful. Just want to crawl under my desk and go to sleep. But like Michelle - too much due right now to allow for that. DH is making chicken pot pie in the crock pot for supper. He said it looks pretty good. Right now I'd rather bury my face in a cool pillow than eat.

We had spaghetti yesterday. 15 minutes after eating I was ready to go into a pasta coma. :dizzy: Who needs a sleep aid, just eat some pasta right before bed :D

Michelle - I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. But I can well imagine that you were just a cleaning machine before the niece's visit. Probably tuckered yourself out and it sounds like busy time at work for you too. Try and sneak into bed a little early. Eat some pasta if you're not sleepy. :lol: I'll be glad to get a friends and family discount coupon. I live to get the elusive 30% off on my sales flyer. The only time I got that was when I was up at the yurt in August and couldn't use it :mad: But any discount combined with a sale is good.

Mel - it's good to hear you got to spend some time with Jen. Probably a good thing to go through cabinets every once in a while - hey - forgot I had that! And make a nice hodge podge supper before things spoil out. Since smells bother you, do you have to live vicariously with an occasional whiff of something (talking about the patchouli). People at work here seem to have cut back on the heavy designer fragrances thank goodness.

Annie - do you get an extra rocket energy boost from the B-12 shot? You seem to have oodles of energy anyway.

I hope Shad is not stuck on the outer rim somewhere. Got an email from her yesterday but I thought she had things fixed.

Ok late lunch over - gotta find some aspirin for my headache. Later chicks...

happy2bme
11-17-2009, 03:58 PM
speaking of which - there she is above my head! Stay cool. 110 degrees - yikes!

ceejay52
11-17-2009, 06:01 PM
Nothing exciting to tell. More later

Shad
Try to stay cool.

Laura705
11-17-2009, 06:19 PM
Aargh - just lost a post! Here goes again.

Happy - feel better soon. I once had the 30% Kohl's discount on my flyer, but it expired w/o my having used it. Mmm, chicken pot pie. Hope you're up for eating it by dinner time.

Shad - Whoa, that's hot. Please take it slow and easy!

Michelle - Sorry you're under the weather. You relax tonight! I may take you up on the discount coupons offer. I love our hardwoods, but the dog's claws have taken their toll on them. The laminate in our kitchen and 3-season room seems indestructible.

Annie - I could make a meal of the garlic bread alone!

Mel - Glad the eye is healing and that you're having a nice week.

Ceejay - Lots of good suggestions for dealing w/ your farter. I like the air horn idea in particular.

Feeling better today. Less congestion. I'm still on the mucinex, but I also took a Zyrtec to supplement my usual allergy med. Just for the heck of it, but it seems to have helped, or should I hope I'm finally getting better? I've been off the Nyquil for several days now and am sleeping okay. Well, except I woke up early today, but I decided to exercise (one 30 min. Body Electric show), so that was a good thing (as Martha would say). The movie tonight is "The Box", but I've heard nothing good about that movie, so I'm going to skip it. My choice, "Law Abiding Citizen" didn't make it again. I might switch my movie group participation to not voting, but still being e-mailed the final choice and then deciding if I want to go or not. I'd actually like to have a movie night w/ bf. Pre-movie group, we used to go to the movies together and I sort of miss that.

Better get back to work, so I'll post.

Cheers!

annie175
11-17-2009, 08:42 PM
T and I broke up tonight. Nothing but tears tonight. He is just not emotionally or physically into the relationship. Personally, I think the working nights, 7 days a week and his past relationships have fuked with his mind. He said he feels really bad that he cannot give me what he thinks I need in this relationship. He said not that I am unhappy by any means but just thinks I could be happier with someone else. Well forgive me for not thinking for myself. He said I am a pretty person inside and out, and a great cook. He felt like he was wasting my time and his by him not putting into this relationship as much as I am. Please don't say anything negative about him as he really is a good person. It hurts something awful. 14 months is a long time to spend with someone. My head hurts, my eyes hurt, my brain hurts, just numb me. Off to margaritaville. Thanks for listening.

annie175
11-17-2009, 08:43 PM
Sorry Laura, I am glad you are finally feeling better.

Happy, you get to feeling better too.

Hey ya Ceejay.

annie175
11-17-2009, 08:44 PM
Shad....here is some of this rainy, 40 degree weather.....winds blowing strong toward you.

Shad
11-17-2009, 10:20 PM
Annie - now I know what that cryptic facebook message was about. I'm sorry girlfriend. I don't know what went wrong there because at one time he was talking long term holidays etc., but he is right in some respects - you haven't got time for each other, you are both working crazy hours and he may feel that he can't give enough and neither can you. It hurts. I hope that you both left it on a friendship basis because, you never know what is around the corner for either of you. I'd love to join in the margarita, but would be in danger of painting something moving with the roller and brush if I did. It really is like the Navy around here: If it moves, salute it. If it doesn't, paint it.
Heres :hug: :hug: :hug: for you.

happy2bme
11-18-2009, 01:22 AM
Annie my dear, I am so sorry for you. :hug: :hug: :hug: I don't know what to say other than the longer I am around men, the less I understand them.

You have alot going on in your life at the moment, please don't give in to your first impulses - it just makes for more stress.

There's nothing I can think of to say other than I will I could curl up on the couch and cry with you...