General Diet Plans and Questions - Started cookie diet yesterday!

View Full Version : Started cookie diet yesterday!

jillsusan
10-29-2009, 09:11 PM
Hi! After losing and gaining the same 20 lbs for the last 2 years, I am VERY motivated to losing the weight once and for all before my 40th birthday in March. I am currently at 219lbs and want to get down to 140 by the summer. It's only the begininning, but these weeks/months/years are going to pass regardless. So I am determined to lose this weight once and for all!!
Just finished day 2 of cookie diet and although it ain't easy, it is easier than I thought it would be. I am hoping sharing my story and progress with all of you will keep me motivated. I need all the support I can get!!
I love seeing the goal pictures and I hope one day to add my after picture to that very impressive collection.

leeway
10-29-2009, 10:33 PM
:wel3fc: Hi jillsusan!
Sounds like you've got a plan in place, have the determination and are off to a good start!

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated, inspired and entertained!

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here a short time myself, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of cheating or giving up.

So welcome - you 've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired! :df:

JulieJ08
10-29-2009, 10:46 PM
There's a couple threads:

cookie diet (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/177215-cookie-diet.html)

Dr. Siegal's Cookie Diet (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/does-work/184570-dr-siegals-cookie-diet.html)

jillsusan
10-30-2009, 07:35 AM
Many thanks for your words of encouragement! I think I found the right place as well and I look forward to sharing my story and maybe even helping some others along the way!

Onederchic
10-30-2009, 08:18 AM
Welcome to 3FC and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle

jillsusan
11-04-2009, 02:06 PM
So Week 1 is complete and I am down 8lbs!!! I feel fantastic and more motivated than ever!! I know the weight loss will slow down but losing 8 lbs has me VERY determined:)

10/28 219
11/4 211

leeway
11-05-2009, 01:05 AM
:carrot::cp::broc::cb:
WOW - congrats on the great start - those 8 pounds are history and now you're that much closer to your goal - how great is that?!
Keep up the good work - WAY TO GO!:woohoo:

mbsam
11-05-2009, 12:59 PM
Wow! I'll be interested to watch and see how this works for you - I must admit I was intrigued by the commercials.

Congratulations!

jillsusan
11-05-2009, 02:39 PM
Many thanks!! I will keep you posted. :)

MOTSIG
11-10-2009, 09:41 AM
Im so happy to hear about someone else :hug:
Im also attempting the cookie diet....Im starting my day 4 and have already lost 2 pounds...im relieved about having no cravings throughout the day...the cookies are not that bad better than most of the very sweet cookies i have had in the past..my favorites are the chocholate, oatmeal and coconut. and my gosh..do they ever make you thirsty...which is good as im drinkng lots of water.
i'll keep posting my progress too.

Please someone let me know how i can get the animated ruler/bar that i see alot in blogs which show your progress...i want one of those :?:

jillsusan
11-10-2009, 03:37 PM
I know!! They make me thirsty too! Tomorrow I weigh in for the completion of week two. As of yesterday, I am 208, which is 11 lbs down from my start weight.

as for the weight loss tracker, if you go into "quick links" and click on "sig weight tracker" it will walk you through. While I was able to create one, I couldn't paste it anywhere as it says you have to be a member for at least 20 days.

Well, good luck and I look forward to hearing that the pounds are just melting off you!!

jillsusan
11-11-2009, 12:13 PM
Week 2 weigh in this morning and I am 207! I am thrilled and have set a mini goal to get down to 199 bt Thanksgiving. I know 8 pound is a lot to lose in a couple of weeks but who knows, I am COMITTEDand DETERMINED and crazier things have happened!!

SW 219
CW 207
GW 149

cathydoe
11-11-2009, 10:29 PM
How fun is this that there is someone else to chat with about the Cookie Diet!! I started on Saturday 11/7/09! I have to say that I have been HUNGRY! But I look at the clock and I have been able to make it the 2 hours until the next cookie. I can't believe I have done it for more than one day. I like this "not eating" cuz the planning and making choices was killing me! Okay that killing me statement was an exaggeration...it seems like I wasn't able to do it... now I can't wait for 20 days so I can get one of those weight loss thing-a-ma-bobs!

Thanks everyone for this awesome network! Cathy

potbelliedpig
11-12-2009, 06:06 AM
Hi, I just started the cookie diet too!
I am here for support too. I have been dieting ALL of my life. Tried all kinds of diets...they all work, but sticking to them is difficult in the long run.
I have a restaurant and small hotel and found out that a lot of my 'thin' customers only eat once a day. They blame it on not having time for lunch...
I've always made time for lunch, and snacks... lots of them!
I am a night eater so I save a few cookies for after dinner.

Glad I found this thread!

jillsusan
11-12-2009, 07:30 AM
Hi ladies, welcome!! I am new to this forum as well and it really is good at keeping me motivated and accountable. I know, I'm pretty hungry at times as well, but I just keep telling myself I will be hungry on ANY calorie restricted diet and I really am seeing some pretty good results so far.

Well, good luck and lets keep each other posted AND motivated!!

MOTSIG
11-12-2009, 09:11 AM
...so im on my day 6.
weighed myself and lost 3 pounds in total. which i'm liking..i have to remind myself about my thyroid problem and that its probably harder for me to lose the weight compared to others as im not very good at taking my pill on a daily basis (i do try:^:). And also remind myself that before the diet..those numbers were only going up! and now they are going down!
Also..yesterday i had an avocado with my meal...not bothering to check calorie content on the avocado..later my sister told me that an avocado has like 300 + calories on its own! yikes! not doing that one again...so yesterday my meal was probably around 1300+ calories..not good for my little body so not doing the avocado again and taught me to check (google) the calorie stuff before i decide to add something new to my meal :smug:
3 lbs in 5 days...its all good, im very excited...and jill's lost pounds are great to hear..keeps you motivated.
felt little cravings on my 5th day that i didnt have on the previous days..thats prob why i went for that avocado haha ,
but, no matter what mistakes you make...just get back to staying focused on your goals..it'll be worth it!
oh..and my sister has lost 4lbs in the 5 days....(she didnt have the avocado:p)

jillsusan
11-12-2009, 10:07 AM
Well done!! I know, my girlfriend has some thyroid problems and it does slow down weight loss a bit. But like you said, the important thing is that you are going down, not up. As far as dinner goes, I do well with routine, which is why I like the cookie diet. I am a vegetarian, so pretty much every night, I make a big salad and throw a couple of veggie burgers (or some other kind of veggie protein) and dress it all with red salsa, green salsa and a tsp of fat free sourcream. In the real world, I know it doesn't sound very appetizing, but in my diet world, it's actually pretty good and filling and I am able to have an exact caloie count.

Well, have a great weekend and keep up the good work!!

MOTSIG
11-12-2009, 05:07 PM
dinner idea:

lettuce wraps...3oz of ground turkey/chicken/tofu meat..some peppers,mushrooms,bean sprouts mix and cook all together...can add light soy sause with a dash of sweetner
and divide it all to eat wrapped with lettuce leaves.
making some for tonights dinner.

MOTSIG
11-12-2009, 05:18 PM
I know!! They make me thirsty too! Tomorrow I weigh in for the completion of week two. As of yesterday, I am 208, which is 11 lbs down from my start weight.

as for the weight loss tracker, if you go into "quick links" and click on "sig weight tracker" it will walk you through. While I was able to create one, I couldn't paste it anywhere as it says you have to be a member for at least 20 days.

Well, good luck and I look forward to hearing that the pounds are just melting off you!!
hi jillsusan thanks for the weight loss tracker advice... i did it and was able to use it as i joined when i ordered the cookies like 3 weeks ago. thanks

jillsusan
11-12-2009, 07:39 PM
Those lettuce wraps sound great, I am going to try them tomorrow -
Thanks!!:)

cathydoe
11-16-2009, 10:10 AM
Yesterday was very difficult! I was so hungry! I was so compulsive! Thank the heavens today is a new day! One thing that has me stressed is I ordered more cookies and they have not arrived. I think I have today and tomorrow and that is it. So I was thinking about not doing cookies and doing the same calorie content as the cookies but every two hours...hummm

And see for me, today, that is crazy thinking...cuz I feel I need the structure and the ease of the cookies. Otherwise my mind plays games...actually it is the addict in me.

So for today...(actually this moment) I will eat a cookie every two hours and my meal in the evening.

The GREAT NEWS IS...the REALLY BIG NEWS IS....the FANTASTIC NEWS IS... yesterday....through all that pain and compulsion...I stayed with my plan. Holy cow is that a miracle!!

Hugs to all...Cathy

jillsusan
11-16-2009, 08:31 PM
Way to go Cathy!! I know, we went out for dinner on saturday night with some friends and it was so AWKWARD!! I really did stick to my guns for the most part but my boozy friends kept badgering me to have a drink and if I'm
going to consume more calories it ain't gonna be on wine!! And of course everything on the menu was cheesy saucy and delicious, so I ordered this AMAZING sweet potao ravioli and left about 75% of it on my plate, which was VERY HARD TO DO!! Any how, it could have been alot worse but I am still kicking myself.
Scared to get on the scale on wed for my week 3 weigh in. Well, I hope your cookies come soon and that sounds sensible, to substitute something with similiar calories (maybe protein bars?) until cookies come.

Hang in there and keep me posted!!

cathydoe
11-16-2009, 10:22 PM
This afternoon my cookies came! When my husband saw them...he said Wow that is a lot of cookies. I ordered 4 weeks so I got one free---plus a few other things... ***big sigh*** For today this is working.

There is a group of people that get together every year and do something like Toys for Tots but we call ourselves Christmas for Kids...one of the ladies makes the VERY BEST fudge EVER! And I mean the VERY BEST! Last year I ate so much...I think I am still full from December 2008...anyway at our meeting tonight she brought a huge container of it...I had ONE piece...count it one piece...AND the biggest news of all...I said to everyone there...I am only having one piece and I give everyone permission to yell at me if I take more later. I have NEVER ever EVER done anything like that before....never admitted to only taking one...NEVER asked for public help like that. I almost came out of my body and looked at myself! LOL

This is kewl. I like me today!

Thanks 4 listening! Cathy

Shelley221
11-17-2009, 05:24 PM
Hey Everyone!
My cookies arrive on Thursday and I will be starting on Friday. I am really excited, and glad to find this website and all of you! Anything I should know about before starting?

cathydoe
11-17-2009, 05:47 PM
Hummmm I am on week 2. I have to tell you that I have been extremely hungry! But the calories are VERY LOW. I wonder if weight loss surgery folks go really hungry?

Glad 2 have someone on here that is willing to post about the COOKIES.

Cathy

Dinky
11-18-2009, 05:07 AM
I'm new too... yesterday! The very best of luck to you. Isn't this a great place? No matter which diet you are on, no one poo-poo's it, or knocks your confidence at all. A lovely group of people

cathydoe
11-18-2009, 10:16 AM
I'm new too... yesterday! The very best of luck to you. Isn't this a great place? No matter which diet you are on, no one poo-poo's it, or knocks your confidence at all. A lovely group of people

Thank you! I have been nervous about someone making a negative comment. It is crazy...but I am learning so much about me and food! Holy Cow!!

Cathy

Dinky
11-18-2009, 10:33 AM
I know Cathy! I know. I have found nothing but encouragement on here. We are all different and if one of us slips up I ge the feeling there will always be someone around to pick us up again

Eating What I Crave
11-18-2009, 11:51 AM
Congrats on the success! Hearing about someone else's results always keeps me motivated

jillsusan
11-19-2009, 10:17 AM
Welcome and good luck!! So week 3 is finished and I lost 4 more pounds and I am thrilled!! I am down to 203 and I more motivated than ever.

My daughters birthday party is on saturday and I am determined to not eat any snacks, cake etc. We will see!!

sw 219
cw 203

cathydoe
11-19-2009, 10:39 AM
:encore: Yeah for you! Good luck at the Birthday Party!!

Cathy

jillsusan
11-19-2009, 01:11 PM
Thanks Cathy!

Shelley221
11-19-2009, 02:28 PM
My cookies arrived. I just ate the first one. They aren't bad at all. I CAN do this. :-)

jillsusan
11-19-2009, 08:49 PM
Welcome Shelly!! The cookies are definitely not horrible, not great but tolerable for sure. I just finished week 3 and it really does get easier. Well good luck and keep me posted!

cathydoe
11-19-2009, 08:59 PM
Can we talk about what brand we are using?

Great big kudos for me for dinner...I picked the restaurant and I chose one that has a great salad bar with tons'o salad fixins :)

I ordered a grilled chicken breast and the salad bar...I had my dressing on the side and dipped my fork in it. I can't believe the tastes I tasted... the lettuce was sweet...the cucumber was very tastey... and I am normally an anti-chicken breast person...mostly cuz I know it is good for me (another story) and the breast was great!

Who woulda thunk it?

Cathy

jillsusan
11-19-2009, 09:55 PM
Wow that's fantastic!! The whole dipping your fork in the dressing is a really big calorie saver and imagine, actually tasting AND enjoying lettuce. Good for you!! I think we can mention the brand, I am using Dr Siegals cookie diet and I find myself eating 4 or 5 throughout the day now instead of 6. I don't know if my stomach is shrinking or I'm just used to being hungry, but by dinner time I still have a couple of cookies left. I am also motivated by the cost savings, the cookies go a little farther and I don't have to buy as many!

Anyway, keep up the good work and have a great weekend!

cathydoe
11-19-2009, 10:12 PM
I am using the SmartforLife Cookie... On this diet you are suppose 2 eat 6 cookies a day and then protein & salad for supper. There are many items it says NOT TO EAT... mostly I do the cookies (and like you, usually only 5 a day) and then I eat what I want for dinner. Tonight was a GREAT night!

cathydoe
11-20-2009, 08:27 AM
Well............ I got up early this morning cuz I need to go into work. I decided to weigh-in... HOLY BUCKETS... the scale say <drum roll please> 249.8. OMG I am under 250! Of course I got on and off the scale a million times (can I count that as exercise? -- it is like using a step thing-er-ma-bob :) )

Anyway... I even drank some water... got back on... it did go up... and I have been playing with the numbers for an hour...one thing is if I tell everyone 249.8... then that makes it real... and then the ole what if's come into play... plus tomorrow is my actual weigh in day...

But u know what!! I am singing ----> "I'm under 250...I'm under 250..."

Everyone have a GREAT day!

Cathy

jillsusan
11-20-2009, 10:37 AM
SING IT LOUD SING IT PROUD!! Congatulations!!

MY plan is similiar, but there's no list of foods you can't eat. The guidelines are you eat 6 cookies throughout the day and a 300-500 calorie dinner low in carbs, high in protein.

Well enjoy your victory and have a great weekend!!

Shelley221
11-20-2009, 11:48 AM
I'm also doing the Smart For Life Cookies. Today is day two. I don't feel light headed or starving. I'm excited! :-) I love Ranch dressing(even though it's horrible) and I learned to dip the fork in it becuase I will NOT give up my ranch. Have you tried Quizno's salads?

pliem2009
11-20-2009, 02:53 PM
ooohhhhhh cookie diet?!!! my type of diet :D

What kind of cookies do you guys eat for this cookie diet? any homemade recipes? I'm in the mood to bake some goods

cathydoe
11-20-2009, 10:02 PM
If you do a search on the web for "cookie diet" you will find at least a couple options...basically you eat these special cookies (special meaning they are purchased from a company) every two hour and then have a protein and greens for a meal. I do have a recipe for a "Breakfast Cookie" that is different than this.

The reason why I chose this diet is many... I hope this answers your questions...for now <smile>

Cathy

cathydoe
11-21-2009, 11:35 AM
This morning...my weigh in day...the scale read 250! Yesterday I got a taste of 249.8...the middle 5 was a 4...I was so excited! And I am still excited!!

In the past, weight loss victory's have caused me to binge. I get cocky or the big one (I think) is I get fearful...here comes a binge.

Today I feel so peaceful. Seeing the numbers 250 in front of my eyes today reminded me where I am coming from and where I am going. I was also reminded to continue to put one foot in front of the other and remember baby steps.

Thank you all for your encouragement. You are a blessing to me!

Cathy

MrsMiller09
11-22-2009, 04:41 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm new here. I started the cookie diet on 11/2.
I lost 12 pounds the first week. I was amazed it gave me the motivation to continue another week. Week 2 I lost, but not as much, 3 pounds. I was still happy I lost, but I was hoping for more.
I'm glad there's a thread about this diet.
I find if I'm not busy I'm hungry. I'm not starving, but I would love to eat an extra couple of cookies during the day. I hope to get like jillsusan and not need to eat as many.

So, I know I am quite irritable at home on this diet. My hubby eats all night long while we watch TV, and doesn't gain a pound. I constantly see commercials for food, like pizza that looks sooo good. I drink my water and tell myself give it one more week.
Anybody else have these issues?
I weigh in for week 3 tomorrow, I really need a good number to keep going.

cathydoe
11-22-2009, 09:59 PM
The thing that saves me is the 2 hour increments. I sometimes rely on the fact that I will be able to eat in two hours!! I have been very hungry though and in the past I have used food for everything...happy, sad, scared...whatever... it is hard to "just be" Keep us posted on your weigh in tomorrow! Cathy

MrsMiller09
11-23-2009, 07:42 AM
Well,
I'm down 2.5 pounds.
I was hoping for 20, but I guess that will be next week. I'm glad I lost.
Although I've been starting to incorporate exercise, and I was hoping it would give me a little boost.
How's everyone else doing?

Bright Angel
11-24-2009, 08:21 PM
I just joined the Maintenance section of this Forum,
and have been browsing about.

I couldn't resist reading and posting in this Section.
For me, maintenance is always gaining or losing a few pounds,
and I'm always trying something new,
Last month I bought 4 weeks of Dr. Siegel's cookes,
but I only followed the cookie diet for about 3 days.

Anyway now I have a cupboard full of diet cookies....
maybe I'll use them in January. :D

cathydoe
11-28-2009, 10:54 AM
Saturday...my weigh in day...and I am down 11 lbs. Holy Cow! And Thanksgiving Week 2! The cookies keep my honest. A simple cookie every 2 hours. I can do this for today. Thanks everyone for your support! Cathy

Shelley221
12-01-2009, 04:48 PM
Hows it going? I would love to hear updates on how well you are doing on the cookie diet. I just joined jazzercise and Love it! :)

cathydoe
12-01-2009, 08:00 PM
Hanging in there. I weigh in on Saturday and last Saturday I lost a total of 11 pounds. This diet is working well for me because I really only have to make food choices once a day. In the past I have gotten so overwhelmed with choices. Plus I play games...okay I can have this and a little of this blah blah blah. Which trust me, I am still doing that on the cookie diet, but this seems to be in small increments that I have been able to monitor myself. I don't know if I can explain it or not.

This is some of what I have accomplished in the last 20 days (besides the 11 lbs)
-actually ate salad because I wanted 2!
-actually ate chicken when ordering out
-did not eat m-n-m's & this WONDERFUL fudge at a meeting

I could list some other things...but this list is phenomenal for me... I do this crazy thing of not eating healthy cuz I don't want to...like a teenager being a rebel. Long story short...I ordered CHICKEN!

Good for you with the Jazzercise! Keep us posted on how things are going.

With peace, Cathy

Shelley221
12-02-2009, 12:03 AM
Well I waited to start until after Thanksgiving. So Today was my second day on the Smart for Life cookies. I find it hard to eat all 6 cookies. I set a timer on my phone to go off every 2.5 hrs to remind me to eat one. It really helps. I will weigh myself again on Monday morning. You lost 11 lbs in 2 weeks? That is awesome!

MrsMiller09
12-06-2009, 11:56 AM
Hi everyone.
I'm down 22 pounds, that I'm very happy about.
I am thinking of changing my diet though. I can't decide. When I continue to do well with cookies, I don't mind and it's easy to know I'm going to eat cookies and I don't have to plan my meals.
But I read the book You on a Diet, and wanted to try that, since I'm pretty sure it's healthier.
I just can't decide what I want to. I'm afraid I'll be eating the cookies the rest of my life!

Sunny Side Up
12-09-2009, 02:56 PM
Today is day one for me on the Dr. S cookies. Crazy time of year to start, but I have some events coming up Jan-March. Reading all of your experiences is very helpful. Please keep them coming!

lemondrplvr
12-18-2009, 12:53 PM
I started Dr. Siegal's Cookie Diet on 12/13 and I'm down 5.2 lbs already!! I love it, the hardest part though is withstanding temptation!!