South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 10-29-2009, 02:09 PM   #1  

Default Repeat of P1?

During the last couple of weeks, I've developed terrible carb cravings. Do you think I should repeat P1 or do a P 1.5. My daily menu for the last couple of months has included a "green smoothie" with all sorts of greens and about a cup of some type of berries (I know it sounds terrible, but it's actually quite good) and I would hate to go back to no fruit for this reason. What do you guys think?
waquilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:12 PM   #2  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

The green smoothie doesn't sound bad but I know some beachers have trouble with fruit at certain times of the day. Maybe you need to have some protein when you drink it. A few days of P1 or 1.5 always do me a world of good. It's one of the things I like about SB, being able to get back on track that way.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 04:32 PM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Yep..when do you have this smoothie? I know I can't have anything like that for breakfast, but as an evening snack (I also add yogurt and whey protein to mine along with the fruit and green powder) it doesn't cause cravings...if I had it for breakfast, it would set me off on a food frenzy for the day.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:17 PM   #4  

I usually have my smoothie in the morning along with a hard boiled egg or something for the protein. I never thought about having it in the evening - I'll try that- thanks for the suggestion.
Linda
waquilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:58 PM   #5  
hand to mouth disease?

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I restrict myself from grains when I am getting cravings...usually I don't have a problem with fruit, but I think we are all different. My cravings are for things like fettucini alfredo.
weebleswobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 12:16 PM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

WA, you only have to do P1 long enough to get rid of the cravings: usually 3-5 days for most people. In the meantime, you could make the green smoothie with a fruit-flavored sugar-free syrup, perhaps.

You can certainly try having the smoothie as a snack and see if that helps. Different times of day help a lot. But berries have the very lowest GI of all fruit, so I'd be very, very surprised if they caused cravings. It's more likely that some sugar snuck into your diet. For instance, what's in the greens mix? Most of the ones I've seen have some sugar. You might want to investigate to see if sugar's sneaking in somewhere (you wouldn't believe the places I've found it hiding! ).

Either way, though, your life will be easier if you do P1 and get rid of those cravings. Fighting against it takes so much energy!
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote