Support Groups - Back in Kindergarten #84

View Full Version : Back in Kindergarten #84

FrouFrou
10-28-2009, 11:28 PM
Hello & :welcome: to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.

Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey!

So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke etc. and pull up a chair and join us!

tommysgirl18
10-28-2009, 11:38 PM
we had a great time as a family for Logan's birthday. we ended up going to Texas Roadhouse because the boys had coupons for free meals from when we did the walk-a-thon. Tommy asked the waitress what they do for birthdays, and she said that they do yeehaws.

so we set it up for Logan, and she came back with a whole bunch of waitresses, and the head waitress came over and asked Logan to stand up on his chair, and then started yelling to get every one's attention......believe it or not, that didn't embarrass him at all!!!!!

ajowens
10-28-2009, 11:40 PM
Hi Christina... I am AJ. Can I join your group?

FrouFrou
10-28-2009, 11:52 PM
Okay, so I think I am caught up on the posts.

MINDEE...glad you guys had a nice BD dinner, and a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Logan! Also, WTG on you wii workouts! You are inspiring me to get off my lazy arse and do something!

SUE...hugs and prayers to your mom. Hope you guys get some answers soon. Great pix!

SASSY...so NOT ready for Halloween. The good thing is I get to see my little Lily again and the hubby will be home to help with the candy also...I always do it, ugh! Sorry about the way your mom is acting. I have issues with my mom but I let a lot of things go. My parents are older and I figure they don't have much time left so I am willing to do the work. I guess in my old age I have learned to pick my battles.

KATY...hugs to you and yours. :hug:

Hi KATHY, bye KATHY! :lol: :wave:

SUSAN...hoping all is well with you and the girls.

JULES...hoping you and the little guy are feeling better.

Not a lot going on with me. Had to go to the doc today. She was supposed to get a cyst off my head but apparently with all the numbing meds it kinda got lost so she didn't get it. Apparently it is the size of a pea (to me it felt more like a marble) and not so easy to get out. So I need to wait until it grows, lmao. But I left with a splitting headache, lol...and stitches to boot...still hurts. Plus she was going to shave something off my neck and instead froze it...OMG, talk about pain! Might as well put a car lighter to my neck the nine times...so that was my day. Glad I had a good one yesterday!

Tomorrow is grocery day but I think I am sleeping in. Then Friday watching the g-kids while Charlotte goes to get her hair done. Then I get to see them again Sat and Sunday...I am a happy camper! Thinking I am going to not worry about exercise until Monday. I DO plan on getting back on track with this. Anyway...

Nighty, night all :hug:

FrouFrou
10-28-2009, 11:55 PM
Hi AJ and :welcome: Of course you can join...the more the merrier. If you feel like it, can you give us a little bio sort of so we know something about you? This is a GREAT bunch of gals and it's everyone's thread/group! Looking forward to getting to know you :wave:

Sassy_Chick
10-29-2009, 08:15 AM
Hi All :wave:

TG my work week is now over! lol. It was sllllooowww!

Cristina -- I will be ready once we get the house cleaned up! lol. My coworker MAY be bringing her little one over for trick-or-treat if so I'll get some pics! Yeah I know about picking your battles, truly I do. But I am sorry if someone, even if it is my own mother doesn't want to make ANY effort at all, then to me its not worth it. Even if they are your parents, you cannot force them to have a relationship with you. Maybe I am just a terrible rotten daughter, but that is just how I feel! lol. But I am blessed because I have WONDERFUL in-laws! :D I'm glad you are finding ways to have a relationship with your mom though! ;)

Anywho, I hope you all have a Great Day!

P.S. Wanted to :welcome3: AJ!

:hug:

tommysgirl18
10-29-2009, 04:12 PM
just thought I would pop in here while I have a chance......

the boys' had their school halloween party, so Tommy went to it with them. they got to sing songs, eat snacks, and parade around with their costumes on.

not sure what we are doing for dinner......but that will be the topic of choice here shortly.

I have a cold, and while I was listening to my MP3 player the other day, my left ear went deaf basically. I can hear a little bit out of it, but it feels like I have water stuck in it.

welcome to the group AJ!

Sassy_Chick
10-30-2009, 08:01 AM
Happy Hallows Eve! :ghost:

Well not so happy here. :( Just heard news there are going to be more people laid off from work. I got news on Tuesday night that an account we support is going overseas on Thanksgiving. So people being laid off there. Then I just heard more are going to be let go too. :cry: Its so scary! I am very scared that our team will be next. :stress: So far we have been the only team who has been expanding but we got some emails about them looking at our work more closely so that makes me wonder if they are trying to get rid of some "baggage" They always do this right at the holidays too. That is their style. I guess so they don't have to pay those people Holiday Pay. A Supervisor I am friends with was devastated when he heard about the one account going over seas and that he is going to have to lay off some of his people.

I am lucky, I have a husband who has a very great job. But there are so many who are the Primary or only Breadwinners of their households who have children. :cry: Why? I mean I just heard on the news this morning that the Economy is quote "Stable"???!!! On what planet????!!!! I guess I just need to be sure to do my job the best of my abilities and continue looking for another job in the meanwhile and try not to freak out too much. :fr:

Anyways, I hope you all are doing well!

Mom2Gaby
10-30-2009, 12:18 PM
:welcome2:AJ to the group! It is nice to have you join us.

I am just pooping in for a second, I have to dash to the store for some salad fixins before work.
Disgusted to be right back at 154 this morning, took me a whole month to ....do.....what??? Maintain??? lol Ugh. I guess I will chnge my ticker later and make it a Thanksgiving Goal. haha

k- better get.

:wave: to everyone!!!

tommysgirl18
10-30-2009, 05:01 PM
well, if it wasn't for bad luck, we wouldn't have any luck at all!

Tommy got pulled over while he was out and about. the cop gave him a ticket for 10 over instead of 15, for not having his license on him, and for no proof of insurance. He does have his license, but the cop claims that it shows up as being suspended in the computer in the cop car. he called Secretary of State, and they told him that his record is clear.

So, Monday he is going Secretary of State to get a copy of his driving record, then call and make his court appointment. He also has to get insurance on the van here shortly as well.

jules1216
10-30-2009, 06:02 PM
mindee-that's terrible--Teri had her license suspended for tickets once..luckily she hasn't one in several years so she's back to 0 points.

SuzyQ--I am "maintaining" but at a MUCH higher weight than I want to be...

sassy--they gotta say the economy is "stable" so that everyone will spend during the holidays...always scary when they talk about layoffs.. they are "looking to cut excess" at my work too.

Cristina--"OUCH"...hope the headache is better. Dominic is feeling better, hubby and I still aren't 100% but aon the way. Hubby was in bed for 3 days when it hit him. Went to the dermatologists today to get something for my rosacea and look at a few spots...one spot needs to be watched...

AJ--welcome...hope you find our little group as nice as I have...

not much going on...what can I say we are an old boring couple....

tommysgirl18
10-31-2009, 02:01 AM
well, I made the cupcakes for the get together for the complex on Saturday. they are all decorated and ready to get eaten!

Jules~ the last time Tommy got a ticket was back in December of 2007 when we got into the accident on the way home from the Christmas party. And even that was put under advisement when we went to court.

FrouFrou
10-31-2009, 12:25 PM
HAPPY HALLOWEEN, ALL!

:spid::dracula::witch::bat::haphal::badbat::frank: :sklol:

Josh and fam are supposed to come over later but I am sick, just a head cold but still...don't want the little ones to get sick. And definitely not ready for trick or treaters...glad the hubby is gonna be here.

SUSAN...maintaining is better than gaining missy, and just as hard to maintain as lose so you are doing good. You reminded me that I forgot to weigh...maybe do it Monday since that is when I will be starting again. Hope you guys have a GREAT Halloween!

JULES...what is Dominic gonna be for Halloween? Glad you guys are on the mend...takes a while to get back to normal doesn't it?

MINDEE...mmm, cupcakes! Was going to make some for dessert tomorrow but didn't get any mix...so not sure what we will have...maybe fix Josh his fav pumpkin pie. Hope the kids have a great Halloween!

SASSY...yeah, I guess it's about the same with friendship...I've ended some because I just tired of doing all the work, guess I just think when it comes to the parents it's a little different, for me anyway. I just would feel so guilty if something were to happen and I was mad at them, but then too they live 8 hours away so I don't see them as often as I would like. Anyway...maybe one day your mom will realize what she is doing and change. Hope you guys have fun trick or treating! What is your friend's child gonna be? Oh, and I hear ya about lay off's...DH is so worried about his job, they just had more this past Thursday and he is afraid he will be on the next list to go. They keep laying off thought this company is going to be a ghost company.

KATY...hope you have a nice visit with your grandma. And a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Leigh! :hb: :balloons: :bday2you:

KATHY...hoping all is well with you and your family!

AJ...hoping all is well with you too!

SUE...any word on your mom? Hope you are able to get some rest.

Well, ladies, I think I am going to go lay down...almost time to take some more medicine...I said head cold but it's more of a sore throat thing so gonna see if I can sleep it off and feel better when I wake.

Have a GREAT weekend!

suetalks
10-31-2009, 01:02 PM
Mom is better today and resting. I came home to clean house and do laundry. Got everything done and will go back to the hospital for her dinner time. Now we just wait for the Drs. to get their acts together and do the procedure she needs.
Meanwhile I am clearing out my e-mail and watering my "farm" flowers..all that real important stuff. (Prior to napping I believe.)

Just wanted to poke my head in here and say "hi" and add the Makeover pics. if I can.

jules1216
10-31-2009, 09:34 PM
Sue--hugs to your Mom!! Mom has a spot of infection on her neck, but they don't think it's anything to worry about--will be watching it closely. The whole Home makeover thing is cool--especially David Cook!!

Sassy--now that Dad doesn't need me any more we are back to the old routine--it was kind of nice hearing from him every day.

Cristina--Dominic is Buzz Lightyear--too adorable--I will post pics later--sorry you aren't feeling well--the creepin' crud we had bit the big one

Mindee--hope your cupcakes were enjoyed!!

well gotta go--the little one is running around on a sugar high...

suetalks
10-31-2009, 11:00 PM
Bet Buzz was a cute costume Jules. Glad you are feeling better.
Cristina, sorry you are not feeling well. Hope it passes soon.
Hope your little ones enjoyed their costumes Mindee. Sorry to hear about Tommy getting pulled over. Ugh.
Sassy I sure hope the lay-offs pass you by. I also hope things improve with your mom. I have always been close with mine, so I can not imagine any other way.
Miss Leigh looked so cute as a "wench" Katy. I know she enjoyed the holiday...how nice of them to have a holiday on her birthday, right?

I got a lot done today, even though I played on the computer lots too. I went to the hospital twice and mom was doing so much better. Now we are just waiting for the urologists to find time to put a stent in her kidney. Her dr. was going to let her come home and go in as an out patient next week for the stent. The heart dr. said absolutely not...they can do the stent while she is in the hospital. I agree with him, rather have her there and not sent home right afterward. Her heart has a habit of acting up and I want her right there with the proper care. So, she is getting lots of rest and waiting.

Daughter and granddaughter both had a nasty bug yesterday all day. DD said she slept for 30 hours. They are both weak today. All that Makeover and out in the weather probably helped get them down. I have my fingers crossed that it passes me by.

Hope you all had a nice Halloween and enjoy a restful Sunday.

p.s. Miss Susan...please do not poop in here....but pop in often. LOL. And Kathy...slow down girl we need you to have time to POP in here too.

tommysgirl18
11-01-2009, 01:54 AM
we had a great halloween! the pictures are up on both facebook and myspace. so you ladies can all take a look at them, and comment!

Tommy is already thinking of what we can be as a family next year! I was impressed that two of the houses offered the parents beer while we were out trick or treating.

I do have to say that my cold is almost gone, but my left ear is still not the way it should be. so I am going to call the doctor's office on monday and make an appointment once I get Tommy's court date.

Sassy_Chick
11-01-2009, 02:35 AM
Hi Ladies.

I hope you all had a great Halloween. We slept through ours. lol. So we got no trick-or-treaters and have all this candy now! UGH! I'll have to send it to work with DH or something! Both DH and I were in extreme pain yesterday so we took pain pills and well we slept too late to give out candy. My Coworker didn't bring her child and didn't text or call me. Oh well. :shrug: I figured she wouldn't I already had her childs treats bagged up and ready to take to work because I had a very strong feeling she wouldn't come.

I am just gonna answer everybody at once, I hope you don't mind, but most were the same responses. Yup I know its sucky that My mom and I do not talk anymore and believe it or not, at one time, we WERE extremely close. Things changed after I got married. We began drifting. I kept on trying of course because it was my mother. But it just kept dwindling and the only "glue" holding us together was my step dad and now he has passed and ever since then, our "relationship" has gotten worse and worse. Ok so maybe its all my fault and I am an awful daughter, but sorry nope don't see it. I was the one who always made all the phone calls AND we PAY for her cell so she has NO excuse to not call me, made all the trips out there to pick her up to bring her here, etc. So maybe we are supposed to do all of that? I don't mind it but when I get no effort at all, I get frustrated. Guess that is just me and maybe I will regret it one day. Its all on me, but all I have to say on that is a relationship is a TWO WAY street, if only ONE person is making ALL the effort, then it is NOT a relationship anymore. Its one person banging their head against the wall! Just my own personal humble opinion and not meant to offend no one.

Anyways. Maybe I should just email my mother and just say, "Hey what is the deal? You are my mother and so I wanna know why I haven't heard from you except the ****ty email asking me to fill out the form for you to get a free tshirt." What do you all think? Is that crappier than not talking to her? I know you all will give me honest answers.

Thanks.

RosieKate
11-01-2009, 10:21 AM
Good morning!
Whew! I usually do a pretty good job of staying out of the Halloween candy,,but not this year unfortunately. :( Today I get back on track and flush all sugar out of my system. I put up photos on FB...L was a pretty cute pirate wench, if I do say so myself

Welcome AJ...come on back :)

Sue thanks..L was pretty cute. It's hard to find costumes for her that aren't to adult, kwim? Party city's selection were all pretty sexy for a 7 yo, but I thought the one we settled on was OK.. Going to have to get more creative next year. Can't just go into the store and buy it off the rack anymore. Hope your mom has a good day today...hope she comes home soon

Cristina - Hope you feel better soon

Sassy - Sounds like you have worked very hard at your relationship. I think it's ok to ask her why you haven't heard from her in a non-confrontational way. Just tell her how you feel and then let her talk...That's what I try to do...ball in her court, as it were. Can you tell I've done this a few times ;)

Jules - can't wait to see D as Buzz.,..sounds so cute!

Hi to everyone else! Kids are getting antsy so I'm off to control the chaos...well, as much as it can be. Have a good one, ladies

Sassy_Chick
11-01-2009, 11:06 AM
Hey Ladies.

Well I took your all's advice. Well sorta. lol. I wrote out a long long letter to my mom, getting out ALL of my feelings. OMG I felt so much better. So now that I got that all off my chest, I am taking Katy's advice (TY!!) and sending her (my Mom, not Katy!! LOL!!) an email asking her whats up in a non-confrontational way. ;)

So I wanna say Thanks Ladies, you all Rock!!! :)

http://dl5.glitter-graphics.net/pub/2109/2109875ven0fsnumc.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Have a Happy Sunday!!! :D

http://dl5.glitter-graphics.net/pub/2526/2526405re5dnk5umu.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

P.S. Katy -- Very cute pics! ;)

FrouFrou
11-01-2009, 01:10 PM
Happy Sunday!

Not sure what's so happy about it, lol. Feeling much better, it was just a sore throat...drank lots of tea and other liquids yesterday so I guess it helped.

Hoping everyone remembered to turn the clocks back! Ugh, I hate the time change!

Today is family dinner day and since I am trying to fix something different every Sunday I ask everyone for suggestions. Took Charlotte's suggestion of sub sandwiches...easy enough, get tired of cooking some days. But enjoy the company so...

Didn't have many kids trick or treating and have a bowl of candy left...it was weird...maybe had 20 kids if that.

MINDEE...glad you are on the mend, sorry I guess I missed that you were sick.

KATY...great pics of L! She made avery cute wench! And I hear ya about the costumes...was looking this year and not sure why they make sexy costumes for the little ones.

JULES...can't wait to see pics of Dominic!

SUSAN...glad you survived Halloween! Enjoy your day off!

KATHY...hoping all is well with you.

SASSY...love your avatars, fall is my fav season of them all.

SUE...hugs to your momma and hoping you don't get sick!

Hello to everyone else...feeling like I missed someone, sorry.

Better get off the computer and go get something done. I've got a cake to bake for dessert and potatoes to get cooked for potato salad, and of course get the cold cuts and such on platters.

Enjoy your day ladies!

tommysgirl18
11-01-2009, 01:33 PM
just thought I would stop in to see how every one is doing!

we are having a relaxing day at home. Marissa seems to think that she can wear her costume again today. Tommy has already explained to her that she only wears it one day a year.

Sassy_Chick
11-02-2009, 05:27 AM
Hey Ladies.

Well I sent a comment to my mother on myspace. I felt that was most simplest form of communication I could do with the least effort because I still do not think that I was wrong. But basically she responded back stating she's been working so much, blah blah blah. Well cry me a freaking river! Who doesn't work there butt off? I just sit here and eat bon bons all night. :rolleyes: Plus as my coworker pointed out, she had the time to fwd that email to me to get her free tshirt. How tough is it to say, btw, How have you been?

So I plan on "tweaking" my email that I have written out, just have not sent to her and sending it so she knows how I feel and I will try to be not too snotty about it, but I am not gonna be all "warm and fuzzy" either. Because what really irks me is my biological father wants nothing to do with me. She has always been p.o.ed about that and now does the exact same thing as him, only she is being a hypocrite.

She has to also realize that I am HER daughter so she only has herself to blame for how I am. She is the one who taught me to stand up for myself and not let people walk on me.

Anyways. That is that. Again thanks for listening, thanks for the advice, I do appreciate it truly. But now I am done with it, for now. :devil:

I hope you all have a wonderful day! :)

RosieKate
11-02-2009, 08:43 AM
WI day...at this oh-so-early hour ( love that time change) 171.90...don't ask me how that happened, because Halloween kicked my butt this year, lol! I'll take it, of course :) I'm going for a run this morning, then it's back to business as usual, and hopefully try to keep the loss and add some more to it.

Sassy - sounds like you are handling your feelings well...hope your mom picks up on it and things improve.

Mindee - all our costumes end up in the dress up box and are used year round...so tell Marissa to go for it :)

Cristina - glad you are feeling better - mmm sub sandwiches...that sounds really good right now (yes, even at 5:42 am)

:hug::hug::hug: To everyone else! I have a bunch of school work to do today..so that's my big plan... not very exciting. Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Mom2Gaby
11-02-2009, 11:57 AM
Good Morning -

Did I write pooping?? Ugh. I certainly meant popping in.....thanks Sue -lol

I need to go home and clean, my mother is coming for a visit!:yikes:

Yay, on 171.90 Katy!

Did we scare AJ off already?? Sheesh. lol

be back later.

FrouFrou
11-02-2009, 01:49 PM
Hello ladies...

SUSAN...have a great visit with your mom! Hoping we didn't scare off AJ.

KATY...sandwiches were actually good. WTG on the 171! :carrot: Try not to work too hard on the school work.

SASSY...whatever happens I hope it turns out for the best. :hug:

MINDEE...too cute! I would have just let her wear it again, lol. Seems a waste of money for just one day a year, lol. By the way...took a gander at your pix and they are great! Looks like everyone had a fun Halloween!

SUE...hoping all is well with you all, especially your momma. :hug:

Nothing much going on with me today. I am in my lazy mode again. Was supposed to get back on track today and I am procrastinating BIG time! Just not wanting to exercise, waaaahhh! But I am gonna get something done...going to do a dvd as soon as I post here and then head outdoors for a walk. It's kinda warm but windy as heck as usual. Weight is not going down at all...been at 195 for while and hate it, but still not doing anything about it. Anyway...

Have a great Monday!

tommysgirl18
11-02-2009, 03:14 PM
just thought I would pop in for a quick second while I have a chance.

I feel like death warmed over.....I think I have the flu, but I will find out on Wednesday at 2pm. Tommy was doing some running around in regards to his ticket and such, and he has until the end of this month to pay the speeding ticket....so that is a relief!

Logan's birthday party is this coming Saturday, and so I am hoping to get every thing under control and start feeling better before his party! crap! I just noticed that Wednesday we were supposed to go grocery shopping while the boys are in school......I guess we will have to wait until Thursday now!

suetalks
11-02-2009, 09:28 PM
Quick hi...Mom had the procedure and came through very nicely. She will be in ICU overnight and if all is well come home in the a.m.
For once her heart did not act up on them....whew!

I am going to bed....Thanks for all the well wishes.

Sassy_Chick
11-03-2009, 12:52 AM
Hey Everybody.

Well another night, another dollar. lol. Seems weird when I go home in the mornings now the sun is up. (I get off at 7 am) Makes it kinda hard to sleep too, even with our bedroom being completely dark, you know how it is once you see the sun your body is like, "oh time to get up." lol.

Anywho.........

Katy -- WTG on the 171. I haven't WI in a while, kinda scared too, but I go to my gyn. on Thursday, so I am sure I will be weighed for sure. lol. Thanks. I think writing that email out (and not sending it) and just getting out ALL of my feelings, helped me a lot. I still have not responded to her and I am not sure what I want to say yet. Maybe I will just keep it simple and just say, "Well I hope work eases up soon and then we can talk." That way I don't have to say everything right now, but it still leaves the door open, ya know?

Susan - I hope you get your house all clean and sparkly for your moms visit. DH and I scrubbed our house down the day before Halloween and boy did it need it! lol.

Cristina -- I have been in permanent lazy mode. Just cannot snap out of it. Maybe its the cool rainy weather just makes me want to sleep. Thanks, I hope it works out with my mom and me too.

Mindee -- Oh no! I hope you feel better soon!

Sue -- That is great news and I hope she gets well very soon! ;)

Also just wanted to say Many Many Thanks for listening, giving advice, etc. I appreciate it!! :hug:

Take Care Everybody!

P.S. I know its just the beginning of November, but just wanna throw this out there, is anybody interested in Christmas Card/E-Card Exchange? If so lemme know and email me your address, I think I have most, but with our computer dying, we lost A LOT of data. THANKS! :D

P.P.S Well I responded to my mom and was nice. I just said, "I hope your job eases up, everybody is ok here." and just general stuff. ;) OH and my friend, who works 1st shift at work said that a coworker died!! Not on our team, but we knew her. She fell and hit her head over the weekend and then died this morning!!! :( She was not that old either! So sad!!! I didn't know her that well, but still very sad!!!

BIG HUGS LADIES :hug:

TAKE CARE!!!

tommysgirl18
11-03-2009, 03:17 PM
just thought I would pop in here while I am feeling up to it......I don't feel like death warmed over any more, but I don't feel 100% better yet.

the kids are a little bit sick, and so it is looking like we will keep the boys home from school tomorrow since we are not sure how long my appointment will take. plus, the teacher asked that if the kids were sick to keep them home with all the stuff going on with the H1N1 flu. so we will just keep them out and make sure that they are better by Thursday.

FrouFrou
11-03-2009, 05:24 PM
Hello all...

Man I am one lazy old lady, lol...was gonna say something else but thought I would keep it clean!

SASSY...definite yes on the Christmas card exchange! Speaking of Christmas, last night when we left to go see Chase's musical program someone had their Christmas lights on their house, not just put up but on...bright red lights all around! A little too early for even me, lol. Anyway, sorry to hear about the girl, isn't that crazy? Just heard from my dear friend that a friend of ours passed too. He was actually her first hubby and I dated him too, he had cancer, so sad. That's two of us that ran around as teenagers, and my sister's first hubby died a few years ago...him and this guy were best friends, so sad.

MINDEE...yeah, better safe than sorry, I would keep the kids home too. I thought I was over whatever it is that I had (thinking a mild version of what the son had) but I slept till almost noon today, yikes! I go to the doc tomorrow too but to have stitches taken out but gonna talk to her about how I am feeling. Glad you are feeling better and hope you are lots better for the BD party!

SUE...glad to hear the news of your mom, hugs and prayers to you. :hug:

Hello to everyone else :wave:

Well, even though I managed to sleep until almost noon, I did get dressed and headed out the door for a walk...almost did me in I swear! Gotta get back on track because this is ridiculous!!! Slowly getting back into a routine...not gonna happen like I thought but working on it, baby steps.

Hoping everyone is having a good day.

Sassy_Chick
11-04-2009, 04:30 AM
Morning Girls. :coffee:

Well only 2 hours and some odd minutes left. Too tired to do math! lol. Then one more night then I am done for this week! Supposed to have a "Girls Night In" on Thursday night at my house. Just hanging out, playing Guitar Hero, watching movies, etc, etc...........So shall be interesting if it actually happens. :)

Mindee -- I am glad you are feeling better, hope the boys feel better soon.

Cristina -- Yeah I'd say its a little bit too early to have the lights actually lit up. lol. I told DH that he is going to have to start getting the Xmas stuff out so we can go through it because it has been many years since we have actually put it ALL up. But I am excited this year for the 1st time in a LONG time because of the house to decorate. :) I just hope we can keep our cat out of the tree! Our old one I know won't be a problem except for maybe attempting to chew on an ornament or something! lol. But the young one wow she is FULL of energy! lol. I wish she'd give me just a 1/4 of it! lol. I told people I know she is not a kid and no where near as difficult as it is to raise a child, but she is really a lot like having a Toddler. Gets into everything except even more because she is a cat and can get places even kids can't. lol. Yes so sad about our coworker. Its so sad when anyone passes but esp a young person.......I am WAY out of shape. I went outside yesterday morning to take some trash out to the curb before the trash man came and walked up the front to get the mail, then walked out back to check something and came back in and was winded doing just that! I am like GEEZ!! I need to get back on track! lol. That is completely ridiculous that I can't even go that far without getting winded! lol. Of course could be old age too! HA!

Anyways now that I talked Cristinas arm off..........lol. I hope you all are doing well! I was really bummed when I first came into work. Was tired because some idiot neighbor of ours has a drum set and decided to play it for hours...........:yawn: It even woke my DH up and our Windows were all closed up and everything and he is partially deaf in one ear so if he heard it then its LOUD! lol. Then just felt crappy was up down to the bathroom too. But once I came in, a friend of mine came over and we began chatting and he made me feel a lot better. :) Now my coworker is really sleepy fighting to stay awake. She's been sick too so that doesn't help. Oh well. I think she is taking off tomorrow night and Sunday night so I hope she gets some rest!!! She has a Toddler, 3 cats, and a dog and goes to school full time as well as works here full time! WHEW! Why am I complaining about being tired for? lol.

Well I suppose I rambled on long enough. :blah:

Have a Good One!

P.S. -- OMG my coworker just found a radio station that is actually playing Christmas Music Already!!! :fr:

Mom2Gaby
11-04-2009, 12:18 PM
It is Wednesday already! Time goes by so fast.

Cristina - Very sad to hear about your friend passing away.

Sassy - Girls Night In sounds like fun. :)

Mindee- Hope you and the kids are feeling better today!

Sue - Wonderful news about your mother, hope she is home safe and sound today. :hug:

:wave: to Katy, Kathy, Francie, Jules and AJ and Tammy!

I have a day off, going to do some window shopping just to get out of the house. It is a beautiful day here.
Work the weekend, volunteered until Boss Lady fills the position available at work. You think it would be extra hours but I won't be getting the 3 holidays Thanksgiving,Christmas and New Years....so I have to hussle and pimp myself for hours. lol. Ugh.

anyway, the day awaits!!

tommysgirl18
11-04-2009, 01:11 PM
just thought I would pop in here before my appointment......

we kept the boys home from school......Brandon still has his cough, and Logan is actually laying down taking a nap! Like usual, Marissa is napping as well.....so we are going to get them up here shortly so that we can go to my appointment. I am hoping that it is something simple and that I don't need any prescriptions.....otherwise we have to go to a little town to their pharmacy to get it and who knows how much it is going to cost there!

I will come back on here when I get a chance to let you all know what the doctor says!

Mom2Gaby
11-04-2009, 04:07 PM
I was doing real good til I found more tootsie rolls. I ate them. Now I won't be tempted til I find some more. :D

FrouFrou
11-04-2009, 04:08 PM
Goals for this month:

Posting on 3fc at least 5 days a week
Getting back on track with walking and exercising

Goal for the week:

Walking and weights...

...slowly working my way back to where I was. So sick of being lazy and with the holiday's coming up I do NOT want to be putting any extra weight on this ole body.

SUSAN...thank you. When my friend told me he had lung cancer I just knew he didn't have a chance...but never gave up hope, he didn't either. Just sad to lose anyone. How did your lunch go with your momma? Did you have the house all clean and purdy for her?

MINDEE...let us know how the doctor visit went!

SASSY...drums, ugh! A girls night in sounds like lots of fun!

Hello to everyone else :wave:

Just finished up my walk and man can I tell how outta shape I am. Still kicking myself over being so stupid. :kickbutt: :frypan: Oh well, no sense in crying about it...it's done and I am moving on so...

Went to the doc and got the stitches out of my head...was kinda hard trying to dry and curl my hair with those things at the top of my head, lol. Had a little chat with her about my feeling icky and the flu. There has been a stomach virus going around she said and I thought so cause I had it! Told me to just get plenty of rest and wash my hands! I told her I got plenty of rest yesterday, lol...lazy I swear! Anywho...

Hoping all is well with you all in your little corner of the world!

suetalks
11-04-2009, 05:14 PM
Good afternoon. I am sorry for everyone who is feeling sickly or just blah. That time of year I guess.

Mom is doing real well, still a little weak, but improving. We have both taken it easy today.
I put a chicken meal in the crock pot this morning then did laundry. That and rested every chance I got.
I don't know what it is about running to and fro to the hospital and SITTING for hours on end that can just put your whole system out of kilter...but it sure does.

Cristina- Yay for you getting back on track...that is what I need to do too. Okay, I just got up and dragged my trampoline out...so you got me this far. LOL Found the dvd's too.

Susan- Dang those tootsie rolls, and the little candy bars and the Twizzlers. Okay, Cristina got me thinking about walking and tramping....you got me thinking about making DH take all the leftover candy to his shop. I can do this AGAIN.

Mindee- Hope the Dr. visit went ok. Let us know.

Sassy- Girls night sounds fun. Most of my girl-friends have moved away or just drifted away. Sad. But it was fun when several of us had hubbies who worked nights. We would get together and have a good time about once a month. Some times we just stayed in and played cards, games or gabbed. Other times we just went to eat and back home with all of the kids (we all had little ones) and kept each other from going insane. We even had "hair" parties where we gave perms or frosted or colored each other's hair. Now I am really dating myself. Hahaha.

Katy- Glad Ms. Leigh had a good week-end. Pictures were great. I know you are busy with school...so proud of you. Busy seems to agree with you. My daughter also stays super busy and is good at it.(like you) :)

Jules- I smile every time your avatar pops up on my FB...he is so darn cute. Hope you are not TOO anxious for that snow..you and Sassy. I DO NOT want it at all. Ever. Period.

Going to stir fry a bunch of squash, mushrooms, onions, etc. to go with the chicken dish (which goes over rice) and that will be dinner. Tomorrow is grocery day for sure since I haven't gone in 2 weeks. I plan to get lots of veggies and salad fixings.

On another note...kudos to my dear hubby. He did a good job while I was so occupied this past week. He washed bedcloths and dishes for me. Even un-loaded the dishwasher more than once. (he always loads it, but usually not the opposite) He didn't complain about having to heat up leftovers for his dinner several times this week...and he kept me company during mom's procedure at the hospital. He got lucky that I came home 2 nights and cooked up some food for him to re-heat, and he even told me not to bother with that. (but I did make him his beloved biscuits and gravy to re-heat and chicken that he could warm up and use a couple diff. ways) He has certainly mellowed with age and I am reaping the benefits. :) Not that he wouldn't have helped in earlier years...but he was just always super busy and didn't always notice when I was swamped.

Okay...enough from me. Hope you are all planning good things for the week-end. We have nothing, which is a good thing. :)

tommysgirl18
11-04-2009, 08:57 PM
well, I had a quick visit to the doctor's office, and now I am waiting for my prescriptions to be delivered to me! Tommy called and they told him between 6 & 9pm they would be delivered. And here it is 8:51 and still nothing! I am miserable as can be, and I honestly don't remember the last time that I took some cold medicine so I don't want to take any more in case I just took it.

I just called the pharmacy, and they closed at 6pm......so I am hoping that they get delivered soon! I already paid for them and now I am stuck sitting here waiting for them to get delivered.......I am half tempted to go and see if I see anyone driving around this place that looks lost..........

Brandon started with a temperature of 101.2, but I got him into the bathtub and got him down to a temperature of 99.6, after yet another trip to the bathtub. Logan had a temperature of 98.8 earlier.....but that was it. so I gave them all some medicine and we will see how they go from there.

I am thinking of calling in for them for Thursday and then seeing how they are tomorrow night. I know that we need to do laundry for sure tomorrow, and if the boys stay home, then we will have to wait and do the grocery shopping on Friday, depending on how they are.

Sassy_Chick
11-04-2009, 10:32 PM
Hi Ladies.

TGISF! (Thank Goodness Its Sassys Friday! LOL!)

Man been a long week. I am all alone tonight but its all good. I kinda enjoy being alone, sometimes. Just relaxing not having to worry about keeping up the conversation with someone, etc.

Susan -- LMAO you crack me up. :rofl: "I have to hussle and pimp myself for hours. lol." Yeah girls night sounds cool, but not sure if it will happen or not. Um the one friend has a toddler and school and all, so always depends on what happens, so we'll see. ;)

Mindee -- I hope your prescriptions made it to you! I hope everybody gets well soon!

Cristina -- Yeah luckily no drums today so I got GOOD SLEEP! :D There are tons of virus's going around my work I swear we should all be walking around in bubbles! lol!

Sue -- Glad your moms doing ok and glad your getting some rest. Yes going to and from the hospital and sitting for hours takes it out ya, I think mostly all the stress from our loved ones being there and us worrying. Yes it is a much needed girls night at least for my two friends who are coming. One is a single mother, works and goes to school full time and the other has just lost her job and been in a car accident. I am the only one that has a boring stable life, of which I love! lol. Stable is good, I will take it! lol. So I am "hosting" the party because its just DH and me and it gets the single mother out of her place for a bit too. We probably will just watch movies, play games, chat, etc. Most all my girlfriends have drifted away or are still in my hometown and I am the one who moved away. lol. But I figure our lives change for a reason. I think mine was so I could focus on getting to be secure and stable and I have that now and I am glad. Esp in this difficult economy. That was so sweet of your DH to do all that for you. :) Mine is wonderful too. He does things if my back is hurting or just because he knows I am tired or something too. Its nice to have someone like that.

Well Chicks thats about it from my end. I shall let you know how "Girls Night In" Goes, or if it goes. lol.

Big :hug:

tommysgirl18
11-04-2009, 11:33 PM
just thought I would pop back in to see how every one is doing.....

my prescriptions FINALLY showed up just after 9pm, but had the guy not had to walk around the building to find the apartment, they would have been here before then!

I am already feeling a lot better, I just wish my munchkins would start to feel better soon! Brandon has the same thing I do, so I might be calling to see if we can get him into the doctor's office tomorrow.

tommysgirl18
11-06-2009, 12:32 AM
one doctor's appointment, three nasal swabs, and one positive result for the flu! so, now we have three prescriptions, and plenty of fluids and rest on the menu for the rest of this week and into the weekend. the boys are out of school until Monday, and we have postponed Logan's birthday party until the 14th at 3pm.

I am feeling better, but I just want the little ones to start feeling better too!

luckycharm
11-06-2009, 08:08 AM
Hi everyone.

Boy am I behind.

Well have to go to work, so I will catch up when I get home. But had to tell everyone that I got a permanent job with the company I am working for. I am no longer just a casual.
Kristi has H1N1, so I am hoping that the rest of my household does not catch it.
Must run, BBL
Hope everyone has a super day.

jules1216
11-06-2009, 09:15 AM
Kathy--glad you got permanent--yuck on the h1n1--hope the rest of you and little pumpkin don't get it!!

Mindee--hugs to your household...no fun being sick

Sassy--why are you alone at work?? Did your coworker/friend take off?? You man the shift alone quite often...if there is talk of layoffs..hopefully you will be safe. they are doing a few major people shifts at my work, but it looks like my little area will be ok.

Sue--glad your Mom is home and glad hubby is getting mellow...can I send my hubby to him for training???? If I am not home, he might sweep & he might not wait for me to make him food....but that's about it!! He does keep the wood burning in the woodstove so that's a plus.

Cristina--good goals!! I thought I posted Wednesday night, but I must have done it in my sleep. Good that the stiches came out but yuck to the flu

Susan--bites that you won't be getting holidays or the extra pay that comes with it. Whats up with that mean old boss lady anyway...

Well Mom has to go back down to Baltimore on Tuesday, the physical therapist is concerned about a few things. I don't know if I should worry or not, it truly may be scar tissue--she had some major surgery with stictes inside and staples outside and the pulled over loose skin is healing and I doubt that it's ever going to be totally smooth again. The one "bump" is under her chin where the one set of staples ended and there is a small infected area that she has an antibiotic for. I am glad they are looking at it right away.

UPDATE--my brother seems to think it might be worse than we are thinking or she's saying...he syas she's acting weird and when I talked on the phone to her today something was off...

My step mother had a massive stroke and isn't expected to live. Since she has a living will, she is being kept comfortable. My step siblings haven't changed. The two youngest who are both older than me are the it all about them type. It's like I am 12 again--they havent changed at all in these 30 years. My stepsister who hasn't talked to her mother in over three years and withheld her kids from visiting is actually mad at my Dad cause he isn't constantly there at the hospital. Isn't it enough that he has basically let them completely take over...I am trying not to be a witch with a capital b, but excuse me...this is the man who has been at the nursing home every day for hours spending time and sometimes more than once a day...he is breaking down. I love her but come on. Hubby's cousin's daughter is her night nurse and my step brother acted his usual arrogant demanding self--I told her he can't help being an arse (well maybe I didn't use that word) it is who he is.
Sorry for the rant.

suetalks
11-06-2009, 01:21 PM
Good afternoon. It is sunny but cold here. I need one more afternoon in the yard to get things cleaned up and today isn't it. Maybe Sunday.
I did my trampoline walk and boy am I out of shape....ugh. I will do it again later..build up to more minutes twice per day.
Everything else is good...just trying to get my housework done. I have dusted and picked up, now need to sweep.
Sorry to hear so many are feeling bad. I have been worried about the flu since I was at the ER and hospital with all the "sickies." Then DD was here right before she and DGD got sick. Just keep hoping the "bug" passes me by.
No plans for the week-end here. Hope you all are doing something fun.

suetalks
11-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Jules- Sorry to hear about your step-mom. I hope things improve there and family-wise. Nothing like good old family dynamics....and it is worse with steps and in-laws.

I will be holding good thoughts and praying for your mom too.

jules1216
11-06-2009, 01:43 PM
Sue--I am remebering how selfish and vain my step siblings were and still very much are. They were always a bit overwhelming for me and treated my brother and I second rate..they used to make me feel very insecure but even though they haven't changed one bit in the last 20 years..I have. I am happy with who I am and they can't change that.

FrouFrou
11-06-2009, 04:14 PM
Hello all!

JULES...so sorry to hear about your step-mom and the drama with the family. Lots of hugs :hug: :hug:

SUE...you have a wonderful hubby! And that is what Idid today, yard work...long needed! Glad your mom is doing well.

MINDEE...you guys feel better soon! Hugs to you all! :hug:

SASSY...well, hopefully you can have your girls night, it sounds fun...something I would love to do but kinda hard with friends scattered all over, lol.

KATHY...hope Kristi gets better soon! Hugs to her :hug: Jason had the flu last week and we quarantined him to his bedroom, lol! When he came out he had a mask over his nose and mouth, per Drs order for the first few days. He gave him Tamiflu and after the first day he was feeling lots better. CONGRAT'S on getting the job full time! :carrot:

HIYA SUSAN, KATY, FRANCIE and everyone else :wave:

I slept later than I wanted or planned but whatever, lol. Got up and had to run to Penney's, well I didn't have to today, just wanted to get it over with. Jason needed a red shirt and a tie so I picked one up for him. We are having a family/Christmas picture taken next Tuesday. Anyway, came back and instead of doing a walk I mowed the fron yard...such a BEAUTIFUL day out! Supposed to be 77 I believe, or 75 either way it's nice so I took the opportunity to do the yard work I have been needing to get done for a while...front is all clean and doing the back tomorrow. So I figure the 2 hours I was out was exercise enough...gonna do some weights too but just a few minutes so...and just had Subway for lunch, I know, a late lunch. Other than that nothing going on with me.

SUE...no special plans for the weekend. Going to do the backyard work tomorrow and then Sunday is family dinner and I plan to get lots of reading done tomorrow.

Take care ladies and have a good weekend!

luckycharm
11-06-2009, 08:08 PM
hi everyone.

:hug: :hug: Jules I am so sorry to hear about your step-mother. You would think that your step siblings would grow up at a time like this, but it is amazing how some people never change and grow up. :hug: I am sending some thoughts and prayers your way. I hope that things are ok at the Drs with your Mom. This sure has been a very hard time for you and your family. I am praying for you all.

Sue, I am glad to hear that your mom is doing good. It can be very stressfull and tiring to be sitting in the hospital waiting for your loved ones to get better. Take your time getting everything caught up. Good for you that you are getting back into the trampoline walking. I should take the one home from my moms house and use it.

Cristina - Looked at your Halloween pictures, and they were sure cute. Little Lily is getting big. What a sweetie. Can you send some of your nice weather this way? Actually we are above normal at around 40 degrees so I am happy about that, and we have no snow so that is a plus. I hope that your head is feeling better. And I hope that you get over your virus real quick.

Mindee - I hope that your family gets over the flu quickly. What did the kids dress up as for Halloween?

Sassy - I hope that everything works out with your mom. Sorry to hear about the coworker. Very sad when things like that happen. Also :crossed: that the layoffs skip your department. I hope that you have a great Ladies Night In. Sounds like fun. You are a great friend.

Katy-Way to go on the WI. I am having a hard time getting all my school work done. I hope that you are doing better with yours. Did you finish your running program?

SusieQ - I had such a laugh over your pooping in. I have written that a few times, and caught it. I needed that laugh. ;) Did you get all the Tootsie Rolls eaten? I have been trying to stay away from the Halloween candy. Not working really well. And now we are about to head out to McDonalds to get some supper.

Hi Francie hope you are well.

Well I have been working so much because alot of people are sick with the flu, so I have been staying late to cover shifts. I finally got a day where I got off at the regular time, made supper and said to hubby that I would put Cody's in the microwave for him to heat up when he got home, and DH informed me that Cody had moved into his own place 3 days ago. So tonight Cole and I are going to check out the new bachelor pad, then we are taking Cody and his friend to McDonalds to eat. Punkin was a puppy for Halloween, and now she thinks she should still go out and trick or treat. Too cute. Well, I will BBL. I hope that everyone has a relaxing evening.

Sassy_Chick
11-06-2009, 08:26 PM
Hola Amigas!

Well we had our "Girls Night In" and it was LOTS of fun! :D I think we should do it once a month!! ;)

Jules -- Yeah my coworker took off Wed and also Sunday. It probably seems like I am alone a lot because there is only 2 of us so if one of us takes off, then we're alone. I hope the layoffs pass by my dept. too! So sorry to hear about your Step Mom and all the drama with the family! :hug:

Cristina -- We had our girls night and it was lots of fun!! ;)

Kathy -- Yes it was lots of fun. Haven't had one of those in a while! I hope everybody gets well soon!

jules1216
11-06-2009, 09:34 PM
Thanks for all the thoughts, prayers and cyber hugs and listening to me complain about my step siblings--can't vent on Facebook or Myspace since I have reconnected with my step-nephews and some of my step-nieces. I talked to my brother and he is going to come to the viewing with me to help support my Dad who is going to lose it. He's also going to be my rock. My kids are also going to come to support me....I have warned them that when, not if my step brother makes an ******* comment they are to behave. It is their mother's funeral and it wouldn't be the time or place. My niece Liz wants to see Ryan and get numbers, she's due a month after his gf Tonya and my other niece Emily is excited to see Teri--they played volleyball and had several merit classes together in 6th grade. I am excited to actually see my "brat "(my nephew Brandon) in person.

tommysgirl18
11-07-2009, 12:19 AM
just thought I would pop in to see what is going on and how every one is doing........

we are getting better with each passing day. Logan got up at 1am Friday morning, barking like a seal....gasping for breath. he kept farting, while I was getting his breathing treatment set up, and every time he would fart, he would start laughing.....which would make him gasp even more for air......he finally got calmed down, took his medicine, and wanted to go back to bed.

at some point in the night he ended up getting sick in his bed, so we got that all taken care of.......and wouldn't you know it, he got up bright eyed and bushy tailed Friday morning. Only for Marissa to be the one that had the "stoned" look going on......which only means that we are in for a rough night with her! It seems that we have a rough night with them and then they start to feel better when they get up in the morning.

I hope every ones families start to feel better and all the sickies start to leave our houses!

tommysgirl18
11-07-2009, 12:35 AM
oh yeah, we also heard last night, that they are going to carry over the first time homebuyer credit until the end of June 2010! we are so excited about that because that is the time that we were hoping to have things settled by!!!!

Sassy_Chick
11-07-2009, 08:48 AM
Just wanted to pop in and say hi and give everybody who needs them right now:

http://dl6.glitter-graphics.net/pub/959/959856sbd0uyttyy.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

suetalks
11-07-2009, 09:57 AM
Good morning. I had a restless night and don't know why, as I feel good other than lack of sleep. I was awake for hours then woke up every hour after I finally did get to sleep. I hate nights like that. It is a beautiful day with the sun shining so I intend to get out and DO something...even if it is yardwork.

I am not sore from the exercise, so I can ramp it up today...maybe. LOL

Talk to you all later....

Mom2Gaby
11-08-2009, 12:57 AM
oops, have some catching up to do! sorry.

quickie though because I am at work! Doing the swing shift this weekend. Took gaby this morning to get her own library card, I love that little girl.

Jules - many hugs, sorry the steps are acting the way they do. Sounds like my own siblings. If you notice on FB I don't even have much of a family. lol Becky, my sil, my cousin from Texas and his wife, my brother won't even add me. lol anyway, hugs!!!

Gotta get back to work!!!

jules1216
11-08-2009, 03:46 PM
my step-mother passed away this afternoon. Dad's losing it a little, Teri and JR were suppossed to come and get Dominic around lunch. Kind of glad they didn't.

Sassy_Chick
11-09-2009, 01:58 AM
my step-mother passed away this afternoon. Dad's losing it a little, Teri and JR were suppossed to come and get Dominic around lunch. Kind of glad they didn't.

Awwww so sorry to hear that!!

BIG :hug:

RosieKate
11-09-2009, 10:11 AM
((((Jules)))) So sorry to hear about your stepmother

suetalks
11-09-2009, 12:59 PM
Jules...Add my hugs to the rest...Thinking of you through this difficult time. Love the new pictures BTW.

Mindee- Hope all your family are on the mend this week.

Sassy- Glad the Girl's night was fun. I need something like that..an old hag's night for my age though. LMAO..

Susan- Swing shift does not sound like fun. Awww @Ms Gaby having her own card. Glad she likes to read. I always say you can tell the kids who like to read...they seem to be at the top of the class. (of course, I am not basing this on scientific info...just looking at our family and friend's kids. Seems that way)

Katy- Hope all is well....you are doing good on the WI. I am an inch taller than you and about the same weight...why do you look so much slimmer than me? LOL... (I know, all my parts sag, even my chin...ugh!)

Kathy- Don't work too hard...you do not want that flu. Congrats on being permanent now. Thanks for the help with friends over on FB. :)

I didn't have a very productive week-end. I just can't seem to get going. Or like they used to say "my get up and go got up and went."
I managed to get most of the housework done and finished all of the laundry. Today was bedclothes..and I did that. I walked Sat. and Sun., so am getting THAT back. Sat. I made lasagne and yesterday a ham in the crock pot...so I did make meals and clean the kitchen. Sat. I finished up in the yard...brought in the chair cushions. Filled the bird feeders and cut off plants.
WAIT...I did more than I thought. lol
Geeze, now I AM tired. haha

Okay...the rest of the week: Today company coming to look at the cabinets DH is building. Wed. company coming to visit. (note to me: make dessert to serve with coffee, tea) Thurs. hopefully helping DD pack for her move and Fri. will be grocery day. My last realitivly sane week for a bit.

We have our Thanksgiving plans and a family dinner the Sat. folowing. Also made our plans for San Diego for Jan. and Feb. I just realized I will be without a computer for over 3 weeks...yikes. We are now trying to plan a 4 day get away in Dec. to, where else?, LV.

Mom is doing super duper good, knock on wood. She has cut down pain meds. which gave her a headache, so we have to talk to the Dr. about that, but otherwise all is good. Thank you all for your concern.

Alrighty I am going to go take a walk....

FrouFrou
11-09-2009, 09:30 PM
((((JULES))))...sorry to hear of your step-mom, hoping all goes well with the steps. :hug:

SUE...glad your mom is well. :hug:

MINDEE...glad you guys are feeling better.

SASSY...glad the girls night happened and was fun!

SUSAN...don't work too hard missy, that's an order!

KATHY..same to you lady! Bet Cody is loving his new place!

KATY...love your newest sweater, so good at the knitting lady.

Hoping I didn't miss anyone, tried to catch up.

Found out today right before I was getting ready to go for my walk that my dad was killed over the weekend. They think Sat night sometime but no one found the body till Sunday...tearing me up inside. So I am headed to AR Wed morning and will be gone until Tuesday.

We are going to have a family portrait done tomorrow, great! Everyone said postpone it but if we do I don't know when it will happen...I'll be okay with family, I think...just gotta do some cold rags or something on my puffy eyes. And I was supposed to start watching Lily Monday...of course things happen that we have no control over. That's about all I have...not really wanting to talk much but don't want to be gone so long and not let you ladies know what's up.

Take care, love you all :hug:

Sassy_Chick
11-10-2009, 03:35 AM
OMG SO sorry to hear that about your Dad, Cristina!!!

BIG :hug:

http://dl5.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1652/1652185jhyflfzwu7.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

jules1216
11-10-2009, 08:28 AM
Big hugs to you Cristina....that's terrible about your Dad.

RosieKate
11-10-2009, 08:45 AM
((((Cristina))))) Take care of yourself over the next week and know we are all thinking of you and your family.

luckycharm
11-10-2009, 10:53 AM
:grouphug: Cristina and Jules, I am so sorry for your losses. :grouphug:

suetalks
11-10-2009, 11:52 AM
Cristina..I will be thinking of you and your family as you go through this sorrowful time. I wish I were near so I could help in some way. Just remember that we are all holding you in our hearts.

Mom2Gaby
11-10-2009, 12:13 PM
I am so sorry Cristina about the loss of your father. Sending prayers and warm hugs to you! Take it easy.

FrouFrou
11-10-2009, 04:51 PM
Thank you all very much. :thanks:

Going to be leaving first thing in the morning so will chat when I get back.

Take care of yourselves :hug:

jules1216
11-11-2009, 04:55 PM
Have a safe trip Cristina--my thoughts are with you.

Sassy_Chick
11-12-2009, 09:04 AM
Hi Everybody,

How is everybody doing???

http://dl7.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1787/1787237acvmbu9meb.jpg (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

tommysgirl18
11-13-2009, 02:44 AM
for some reason, I stopped getting the notifications for this group after I last posted.

I am so sorry to hear about the losses that have been lost recently. I will be thinking of you guys and praying for you guys.

Me and the kids are back to normally but now Tommy has an appointment on Friday morning to make sure that he doesn't have the flu. Logan's birthday party is set for Saturday and he is excited about it! I will be taking plenty of pictures, so look for them in the coming days.

I used some of our Coke rewards and got us a couple of Christmas presents! I got us a new printer, and it arrived Thursday morning! we have been talking about getting a printer, but never did.....so I used the points and it didn't cost us anything! And the other thing that I got, is actually more so meant for Tommy, but I used the Coke rewards and got him a three mixing bowl set that are Paula Dean brand. Again, it didn't cost us anything, and we are waiting for those to come in.

I am finishing up painting my nails, and then I am off to bed!

Mom2Gaby
11-14-2009, 04:21 PM
Weightwise I have lost nothing, I have gained a pound (153). And so it goes.

Impossible to get on 3fc yesterday. Good to see Cristina drop in, I hope you have a safe trip to and fro! Again, very sorry for the loss. :hug:

Gabster got her h1n1 shot yesterday, took it look a champ. Odd. She likes the dentist and doctors.

A work weekend, lets hope I bring home a big fat check next Friday. With Christmas I am going to need it! Actually we do ok, I can't complain.

anyway, look forward to spending the evening w/ Gaby, she is sure my sweety.

:wave: to Sue, Kathy, Jules, Francie , Mindee, Katy, Sassy!! Chat more later.

tommysgirl18
11-15-2009, 12:26 PM
just thought I would pop in here quickly.......

the birthday party went off without any problems.....no major meltdowns were had by any of them......and Logan had a blast!!!!

the pictures are up on facebook, so take a look and make some comments!

suetalks
11-16-2009, 05:09 PM
Man, is it chilly and damp here today. Brrr. I have done laundry and sorted through a ton of recipe clippings. I am always collecting them...now I am trying to organize.
Veggie soup for dinner...smells good.
I weighed in and about dropped my teeth..ugh, I am sure NOT a loser..but I am a loser. KWIM?
I go for bloodwork this week and if my cholesterol and triglycerides are still up I don't know what the Dr. will say. :(

On a positive note, mom is doing well. DH is happy as a clam with his woodworking project and my family is healthy this week. The CA family has all had colds (even though they live 8-9 hours apart..) The IN family is set to move this week, even though the farm house is not ready. It is going to be a challenge, but they are up for it and getting their ducks in a row. I was trying to figure out how to show you pictures of the re-build and the Makeover pics my DD has on her Facebook. I think if you just click on her (Tammy) on my friends her pictures are public. And if you would like to see my other DD's pics. (Tracy) her's are public too. Will that work? hmmm..
Anyway, I always like to look at other people's pics. strange maybe?

Off I go to get dinner. The rest of the week is a jumble of Dr. visits for mom (2), dentist for me, bloodwork for me and a shopping trip. In there somewhere will be helping DD again.

jules1216
11-16-2009, 08:59 PM
quickee for me while the site is up....

missing Dominic, worried about Mom, Dad seems to be doing well even though the steps are being their usual greedy selfs...Teri & Ry & Tonya are good...can't wait to find out what the new grandbaby will be...

FrouFrou
11-16-2009, 09:50 PM
Just dropping by to say Hi :wave:

Got in Sunday late afternoon, didn't see any point in staying till Tuesday. Not that I wanted to get away from there but DD was with me and had to get back to school and I am supposed to watch Lily so...don't think I will ever get over this...was the worst 5 days ever! I HATE funerals! The only good that came out of all that was I got to see my family and I lost 4 pounds. But I miss my family already. Anyway...

MINDEE and SUE I will check out your pix.

SUE...glad you mom is well and the fam get over their colds.

MINDEE...glad you are better. Man, how the heck do you get that kind of stuff with coke points? Gonna have to check it out...I've seen Paula Deans dishes and such and I want some!

SUSAN...yay to Gaby for being brave! Sorry about the gain :hug:

JULES...hugs to you and your mom :hug:

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Not really in a talkative mood but thought I would stop by and say hey!

tommysgirl18
11-17-2009, 12:31 AM
well, Monday was report card day for the boys! they are doing very well in their class and in speech. they are already where their teacher and speech therapist wants them to be, and so we are just trucking along!

Logan has a tendency to tease Brandon if he gets a turn before Brandon. So, the teacher handles it by either giving Brandon Logan's turn or not making him wait a little longer for a turn. She says that he is making progress already on that, and we will discuss them both more on Thursday night at the parent/teacher conference. hopefully we can get a sitter for it, other wise it will just be Tommy going to it!

I have my annual gyno visit on the 25th at 2:30pm......the boys are on vacation for Thanksgiving that day so we don't have to worry about rushing home.

FrouFrou
11-18-2009, 12:11 PM
Dropping by to say HI!

Nothing much going on...haven't done much exercise or anything since I started watching Lily...trying to get on some sort of schedule with her so I CAN get something done. Not used to having a baby around all day so will take a little getting used to. Going to get a stroller this week so that I can walk and then a swing for when she is awake...she likes to sit up but I can't hold her all day...when she is awake that is. So far, so good...she is out like a light right now but I don't like her being upstairs and me down so need to get a baby monitor too! Anyway...

Hi to everyone else. Hoping all is well with everyone...not much posting going on here.

MINDEE...yay for the good progress report on the boys!

Gonna head back upstairs and possibly get some reading done...can't keep my mind on things so we will see. Might even try to do an exercise dvd up there, we'll see. Thinking I got used to being on the go since last Wed and I am bored outta my mind sitting here, lol! Anyway...

Take care, all, and have a great day!

suetalks
11-18-2009, 04:04 PM
Hello...gloomy, rainy, cold day here. I am soooo not ready for winter.I like the sunshine coming in the windows and now I have to turn on all the lights...ugh.

Had my blood work today and waiting for the report. I am pretty sure I know that it has not gotten any better. I have already printed out cholesterol/triglyceride lowering diets. (Should have been doing this already....) I guess I am the proverbial ostrich with head in the sand.

I have been so frustrated with shopping lately...looking for clothes. I want some regular old fashioned button down the front shirts..denim, oxford cloth, whatever. Can't find them. Today I went to 4 stores and ended up thinking I would buy a couple sweaters..wrong. Soon as I tried them on I knew I could not wear them, I just get too hot. And what is up with this sizing?? I know there are people out there bigger than me...why can I not find sweaters to fit. I wear Large t shirts or 14-16. Tried on 2 extra large sweaters...one would have fit 2 of me and the other I couldn't move my arms it was so tight. I did end up with 3 long sleeve t-shirt type shirts, a pair of slacks and a purse. Oh...this is too funny. I bought a camisole with spandex to hide your bulges, right? When I got home I tried it on...lol...it was so hard to get into, so tight. But once on it smoothed down and felt really good. Held in the back fat and muffin top...love how it looked. So I got ready to take it off and I COULDN"T get out of it. OMG it was funny. I honestly thought I was going to have to call for DH to come help me get out of this thing. I never laughed so hard. And I kept thinking about when I used to pull the kids shirts off over their heads and how I needed someone to do that for me. I used to say "skin a cat"...and believe me I felt like I was a skinned cat. I am laughing just remembering it.

Okay..enough of me being stupid. :)

Cristina, so glad you are watching Lily. I know that will keep you busy. Mason keeps me busy and wears me out after just 2 or 3 hours...so, Good luck girlie. :)

Mindee- Yay for the good report cards.

Hope you are all having a happy hump day!

Mom2Gaby
11-18-2009, 04:49 PM
Hey,

Still fat.

Bye!

lol

whatever, just blah today.

You are so lucky to be watching Lily, Cristina! We had 5 newborns over the weekend born at he hospital, I wanted to snatch one. lol

Found Gaby a tutor, retired teacher. She will start seeing Gab in January , after the holidays.
Rach was offered a job at Walgreens. She just has to pass a drug test. I asked her if that was a problem?????? Hellllllllooooo. She says she will pass...I guess we will see in a few days. Moving into her own place, with duh....her own boyfriend. I guess that is who he is...I have seen him in a car drive by once. I am just the mom you know. lol

anyway, off to get Gaby and need to get her haircut! She is sooo shaggy.

:wave: to everyone!!

tommysgirl18
11-19-2009, 01:39 AM
just thought I would pop in here while I have the time......

Tommy is watching some shows that I DVR'd for him.......then it will be off to bed for us!

Thursday night is Parent/Teacher conferences.....so we are going to see if my MIL can come sit with the kids for an hour at the most. If she can't, then Tommy will be going by himself. And then the boys' don't have school on Friday due to Parent/Teacher conferences.

Shopaholic1204
11-19-2009, 08:29 AM
I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUWHAHAHA!!! Jk!!

I decided to rejoin the site because for my 2010 New Year's Resolution, I'm going to get off my butt and lose weight once and for all. I'm tired of moping around being all depressed about how I look and stuff like that. My new plan is no more junk food in the new year!! I only get one cheat day..and have to at least work out 3 times a week. I'm going to join Curves as soon as New Years eve is over, lol. Or at least, sometime after Jan. 1st (the plan starts Jan. 1st). I'm even making Fonzo work out again too. I plan on losing weight the whole year of 2010, before trying for a baby again. If I get off track, I need someone to curse me out and say really mean things to me until I get back on track, lol. Who wants that job? I promise I wont get mad at you.

I think I should start with losing at least 20 pounds by April 23rd. Why April 23rd? Because thats when I'll be at the next Twilight Convention!!!! I want to look & feel good in my dress. I want to look silmer in pictures. I looked totally awful in the pic I took with Alex Meraz. Proof: http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f110/americangurl182000/l_1b3e6a02c2f846bd9f7de1c79adfa3ea.jpg Plus, if Kellan Lutz is gonna be there (hopefully)...then I dont wanna look all gross next to him. Well, I might look gross anyway, cuz he's like GORGEOUS (proof: http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f110/americangurl182000/normal_018.jpg ) , but I can look semi un-gross, lol. Anyway..I'm getting off track here, lol...

That is my plan for 2010. Does anyone have the Wii Fit?? Does it work? We sold our Wii cuz we were in desperate need of some money awhile back..but now that the price has gone down to $199, we're going to get a used one (the prices in the used ones have gone down too). Hopefully, my *****y neighbor downstairs won't complain, like she did when we bought the Beatles rock band (yup..can't play the drums, cuz she starts banging on the floor!!!) So ya..I want the Wii Fit. Any game recommendations too??

It's good to be back. I've missed everyone on here!! (other than the fact I can talk to you on facebook, lol)

tommysgirl18
11-20-2009, 01:05 AM
well, we had Parent/Teacher Conferences last night for the boys.

Overall, they are doing well. Brandon is lagging behind tremendously. He will shut himself down, pout, hang his head, when Logan gets something that he is supposed to know how to do. We have TONS of discussing that we need to do in order to figure out what his future schooling options will be. As of right now, it looks like possibly going into an all day program that has a speech pathologist as the teacher. The only thing, is that it is a district wide program, so he will be tested for it in February or January....and then that will determine if he is able to get into the program. If he were to get into the program, then it would mean a loooooooong bus ride for him and a loooooong day for him as well.

Logan is doing great. He is progressing well, and has some issues with being echolalic. He is doing so well, that he even discussed beer drinking with his teacher on Thursday. The only major issue of concern for him, is the potty training issue. We are working with him on it, and since we have Friday, Saturday and Sunday at home.....we will be working on it all day!

We are wondering if Brandon's learning issues have anything to do with him being diagnosed as being failure to thrive when he was six weeks old, and if it proves that it does, then we are in for a long road with Marissa, because she too was diagnosed as being failure to thrive as well.

As much as I know that I shouldn't, I am having a hard time with hearing about all of this......since he was doing so well on being bottle fed when he was a baby, that I couldn't give up the issue of feeling like a failure for not breastfeeding him.....and now this is making me feel like even more of a failure because this could have all been avoided.

Marissa is doing good......right now we are dealing with how to keep clothes on her when she goes down for a nap! she won't keep clothes on for anything, and that includes her diaper! A couple weeks ago, she was butt naked in her crib, reached and grabbed my arm, said "mama watch this" and then proceeded to pee in her crib. Now she will run into the bathroom and say "potty mama."

sorry for dumping all of this on here, but I needed to put it all somewhere and to give you all an update on how the kids are all doing

jules1216
11-20-2009, 08:11 AM
quickee hi to all--I lost my last post when my computer froze...spent way too much time on facebook..gotta go get coffee and be ready for Dominic...be back later...

suetalks
11-21-2009, 10:26 AM
Have a happy week-end everyone. We are going to visit family tonight/playing cards. Tomorrow will most likely be a lazy day.

Mom got a good report from her Dr. yesterday, even though the actual Dr. offices really screwed us around. She had an 11 a.m. appt. and a 2:40 appt. These are out of town, so we tried to do 2 in a day. Planned to go to eat in between and do a little shopping. We got to Dr. #1 at 10:50 for the 11 appt. They told us it had been canceled and he wasn't even there. WHAT?? No one contacted us. Right before I blew my top the gal asked if we could come back at 1:30 as he would be in and we could be first. Okay..so change of plans, go eat and shop BEFORE the appts. We got to Dr. # 2 quite early...sat for around 35 minutes before the gal came out and told us he got delayed at the hospital and we would have to come back Mon. Ugh.... So much for trying to plan two visits with 1 drive. I can certainly see the #2 Dr. getting delayed, he is a heart surgeon and gets emergencies..so we can live with that, just wish they had told us before the 35 minute wait. The first Dr. though...his office canceling an appt. and not notifying us???? I told him about it so he would be aware of what his staff was doing. (and I was very pleasant about it..didn't get mad..) He was stunned. Now we go back for the Mon. appt. and she just happened to have a Tues. appt. with the kidney doc...so another 2 trips out of town. Haha..such is life.

I am off to bake a cake for neighbors....talk later I am sure.

Sassy_Chick
11-22-2009, 04:34 AM
Hello Ladies.

I am extremely worried about my DH. I don't really have anyone else to talk too, that I trust at least. :cry: But I just received a phone call from DH's coworker, telling me that DH has been experiencing dizziness, loss of balance, and he cannot remember how he got to work!!!!!!! :fr:

So she wanted me to know and to talk to him because they were trying to convince him to go and get checked out in the ER (he works at Childrens Hospital). They can at least check his blood pressure and vitals and see if it is something serious to go to the regular ER for. But of course I jumped to the 1st worst conclusion: Brain tumor and I did a stupid thing and went online and googled it and of course he has most all the symptoms. :cry:

I know it can be a lot of other things, including inner ear problems, which he has had when he was a child, he had to have surgery on his inner ear infact. So it could very well be that. Also MIL had a similar thing happen to her. I just hope its something minor that can be treated and nothing serious.

So now of course I got myself all upset and it could be nothing or something simple. But after seeing my step father die of cancer and my fil being so ill, sorry can't help but think of the worst. DH promised he would go and get checked out. Lets hope he does. But I just have this bad bad bad feeling......:cry: Just because anytime anybody in his family gets sick, they get REALLY sick. Plus he never complains about anything and here lately he hasn't been himself either.

So I am extremely worried and a complete basket case now. I won't be able to settle down until I know what the problem is and depending on the answer to that, I may go the opposite direction, who knows. Also I have to work tonight and now I honestly do not want too. But I guess one thing at a time, first see what the problem is.

Anyways, I know you a lot of you have been going through really difficult times right now and I am sorry to have to add on to the burden so to speak but I am just worried and like I said no one to really talk too.

Well he got checked out by a dr at work, the dr says it is because his blood pressure got way too low. He said he didn't eat that well either, so Lord lets hope that is all it is.

Anyways, still worried, but that is just because that is just how I am, but he is still going to the dr. Funny thing is we just went there on Thursday and everything was fine.

Well thanks for listening and I hope you and your families are all well.

FrouFrou
11-22-2009, 11:25 AM
Hello all...

SASSY...I do the same, think the worst of anything. Hoping your DH has a complete checkup to know everything is fine. Hugs to you and him :hug: And you are never a burden...we all need someone to talk to sometimes. And THANK YOU for the card, I really appreciate it, it was a nice surprise. :thanks:

SUE...I've had that happen and know the frustration. It's sad that they expect us to call when we have to cancel etc but they can't give you the same courtesy. Glad you were able to get in though. :hug: Hope you enjoyed card night at the friends.

FRANCIE...love the picture! And so glad to see you back missy! You've been missed for sure!

MINDEE...don't even know what to say Missy...hugs to you all :hug: And I have to say, you should never feel like a failure because of all things, not breastfeeding your children. HUGS!!

SUSAN...did she get the job at Walgreens? Keeping my fingers crossed in the hopes she did. I do feel lucky to be watching Lily, although...lol, I have forgotten how/what it's like to have a little one around all day...been a loooong time! She is taking over my house, lol...but I love it! How are you doing missy?

JULES...hoping all is well with you and yours.

KATY...same to you, and, hoping all the cooties are gone!

KATHY...hoping you aren't working too hard and get some time to yourself.

I didn't weight yesterday and I am not sure why. Plan on tomorrow morning since I am starting over once again. Was talking with daughter and told her that it's funny because last year at Thanksgiving time I had started and lost the 25 pounds...so here I go again. Guess it is a good time to start, that way I won't eat so much and gain the...what is it? 7 pounds they say people gain thru the holiday's??? Can't remember...but yeah, not gonna gain any. Getting a stroller tuesday for Lily so I can get back to walking...it's killing me that I've not been able to. Had decided to get on track 2 weeks ago and that Monday was when I found out my dad was killed so yeah, not been a good two weeks. But I refuse to let anything get me down...I HAVE to take care of myself. So...

Well, I guess I have spent enough time on the computer. Today is family dinner day...nothing special, just fixing a roast. Need to get going and get things done...haven't showered yet and I have some cleaning to do in the living room, laundry to fold, banana pudding to make and a couple other things to do...decorate a tree, lol. I think I mentioned I was getting ansty, lol. Oh...we had bought a tree and the hubby put it together yesterday and while I liked it, it was too small...supposed to be 6 1/2 ft but was shorter than the hubby. So we took it back and then headed to Hobby Lobby where they had one I sort of liked. Cracks me up how a 1/2 foot makes a difference. Anyway...and while I was waiting at the end of the cash register I noticed Kirstie Ally in line, finally! I say finally because she has a place here and she is seen all the time at her favorite Starbucks in the local grocery store Dillions Marketplace. Son has seen her several times and I finally did, made my day...yeah, I am a dork. But, I was too chicken to ask for an autograph...will have to go to her Christmas Open House thing she has every year here and get a picture of her. Anyway...better get going, lots of things to do today.

Have a great Sunday! :hug:

Shopaholic1204
11-22-2009, 03:45 PM
Hey ladies...something terrible happened to me yesterday. I'm not ready to talk about it yet. So I hope you're all doing well!!

Sassy_Chick
11-23-2009, 05:35 AM
Hola All,

DH is doing better, but he is still gonna call and make an appt with the dr this morning.

Cristina -- Thanks and You're Welcome! ;) We need to get our tree out of the shed (its in Rubbermaid containers) and see what kinda of shape its in as its been several years since we've had it up. That is so cool that you saw Kirstie!!

Francie -- BIG :hug: and we're here whenever you are ready to talk. ;)

Mom2Gaby
11-23-2009, 12:32 PM
Good Morning-

That is so cool you saw Kirstie Ally, Cristina. Oh, she didn't pass the d test. lol , Good thing she is 90 miles away I would given her a good swat on the behind. She gets to try again in a week. Why they are giving her that option I don't know.

Sassy - Glad your husband was checked out! Must have been scary not knowing.

Francie - :hug: - we're glad your back :)

Sue - Happy to hear about the good report on your mother. Medical stuff can be frustrating, sorry that happened!

Mindee- Hope the venting helped :) parenting can be so tough sometimes.

Jules- you still playing w/ Dominic?? Come back and chat :)

Kathy - you doing ok??

katy - You get the stinker to school?? lol

*sigh.....my lame attempt at catching up. I worked the weekend and today is my day off. Errands and cleaning on the agenda. Good news is scale is back down to 152 after tipping at 155.... :yikes:

k- off I go, chat more later.

tommysgirl18
11-23-2009, 01:18 PM
just thought I would pop in here to see how every one is doing.....

Sassy~ I will be praying that it isn't something worse than that. I would still have him get a full physical to make sure that it is only his blood pressure being low.

Francie~ We are here when you need us!

Thanks for all the nice comments ladies. It was great to get every thing out in the open, and put some place, because it made me feel a lot better.

suetalks
11-24-2009, 12:57 PM
Boy..is it a roller coaster ride around here. :) Mom got the good report on Friday, started feeling bad Sat. and was really sick Sunday. She felt ok Mon. but we canceled her heart Dr. appt. so she could rest and make sure she was over "it." Today she went to the kidney Dr. who promptly told her she had a kidney infection again. He said it could have been what made her sick or she could have just had a bug..again. Anyway, she started on antibiotics right off. Hope that is the end of that!!

Gloomy day here and I have housework to do, so I am double gloomy. ha.. Have all my laundry and ironing done for the week, got dusting and bathrooms done, so just have to sweep and wipe down the woodwork. THEN...clean the kitchen from top to bottom. We are thinking of having a gas line run to the kitchen and changing from an electric range. This electric one I bought when we built the house has never been right...had them back out here 4 times and had a new top and new oven element in the first year. Guess I just got the lemon. I have had electric since 1978, but had gas before that and think I want to try it again....we will see. Was totally DH's idea..so it is his project. LOL

I know everyone is going to have a busy week...and hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Shopaholic1204
11-24-2009, 01:55 PM
Today is my mom's birthday :( She would've been 56.

As for my bad news..I'm feeling a little better physically..but mentally, I'm not. Then today, just adds more stress. My doc said I need to de-stress myself. But how can you do that? At least I'm off bedrest. So I've been cleaning all day, getting ready for Thanksgiving. We bought a turkey the other day..and it turns out, that we get one for free. So we're just gonna save it for Christmas. Our 5th anniversary is next friday. So that's somewhat uplifting. We're going to get tattoos. Not matching ones of course. I'm gonna get white inked hearts on my chest (not boobies, :p ). I'm very excited!! It's been a year since my last tattoo.

Anyways..thats it for me for now.

tommysgirl18
11-24-2009, 09:38 PM
just thought I would pop in to see how every one is doing........

nothing really new on this end........just putzing around online.....the kids are all sleeping, Tommy has lodge and I am going to look into some more houses.

I have my annual gyn appointment tomorrow, and other than that, not sure what else we are going to do.

Sue~ I hope your mom is starting to feel better!

Francie~ I am not sure what happened, but I am hoping that every thing is all well. Have fun for Thanksgiving!

Sassy_Chick
11-25-2009, 04:18 AM
Hey Ladies.

I hope you all are doing well. ME? eh. lol. My back is hurting still. Not sure if I told you all about it or not. Its my upper back and not my lower, where my spinal injury is. Went to our family dr and he gave me some meds, but they aren't helping the pain. Help me sleep for a few hours, that is about it. So I am thinking I have to go back and see a specialist again.

Also I am over a month late on AF. I have an HPT (Home Pregnancy Test) at home, guess I should take it and see. I have been feeling very tired and nauseous. The nausea could be from my back hurting. I know sometimes that happens when I am in a lot of pain. So who knows could just be the weather and all too.

Anywho, I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving!!! :)

Big :hug: to everybody!!

FrouFrou
11-25-2009, 07:40 AM
Good Morning!

Thought I would get on the computer before Lily gets here...seems I never have much time to do anything with her, lol....but I am not complaining! She is such a joy to have around and no one can get enough of her! Of course it is killing my exercise, or should I say, lack of. But...the hubby got the stroller put together last night so walking here I come, well, after Thanksgiving I think. Just been so busy and then today and tomorrow will be worse...Friday will be a day of rest.

SASSY...sorry to hear about your back, hope you get some relief soon. I think back pain is the worst! Fingers crossed for a positive result! :crossed:

FRANCIE...hugs to you! :hug: And whatever happened, I am glad you are better. Funny the doc said you need to de-stress...like it is easy! We need one of those easy buttons! Oh, if only life were that easy eh? :hug: Tattoo sounds like a GREAT Anniversary present!

SUSAN...hopefully R will test negative and get the job...good that they are giving her another chance. :crossed: Yay to 152! :carrot:

SUE...hugs to your mom. Hoping she is feeling better and you all can enjoy your Thanksgiving. :hug: Sounds like you have been one busy lady!

MINDEE...glad you are feeling better. :hug:

HIYA JULES, KATY, KATHY and anyone/everyone reading this. Hoping all is well with you ladies.

Going to be a busy day today. Will have the little one today but will have a 4 day break...hoping to get things done around here! Going to do a lot of Thanksgiving prep and baking...may be a long day/night. Will try to fit in a walk for sure...other than that, that's all I have.

A very HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you and yours!
:happ3::thanks2::turkey::thanks1:

RosieKate
11-25-2009, 09:27 AM
Wow! So much going on over here..I've been plugging away at school, and, well, the rest of life. My son turned 13 yesterday, and we are going to a Blazer game tonight. I'm getting ready to assault the grocery store when it opens at 7 am, then hope to clean house, get a massage, get a run in, and cook up a bunch of food. I weighed 170 for a few days this week, so I will think positively and change the ticker. 'Course I had birthday cake last night...but I just won't think about that right now.

You have all been busy, too! Too much to catch up on right now, but hopefully I will get some spare time over the long weekend to catch up. I hope you are all well and wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving!

jules1216
11-25-2009, 01:00 PM
I agree with Katy...will be back later when I can read more of the postings and respond...

I have the day off and it's a good thing...got last minute needed items at the store ( I THINK I have it all...) baking pies and cornbread muffins later, cleaning and putting out a few decorations. I am nervous and excited my Dad is coming, Mom has good days and bad days...hoping she will be able to come. The kids of course will be here...I have batteries for the camera. My brother is on his yearly hunting trip so won't come.

Hubby used his credit card reward points and got me a Paula Dean cookware set--it already arrivced and is beautiful!!! Can't wait to use it.

Probably won't get much chance to hop back on the computer til late tomorrow....Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

tommysgirl18
11-25-2009, 01:42 PM
just thought I would stop in here really quickly.....I have my doctor's appointment here shortly and I want to go take a quick bath before going......

I am going to try and make it back on here after my appointment, but if I don't, I want to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Mom2Gaby
11-25-2009, 02:01 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all our BIK's!! A group of wonderful ladies. :)

I am off to the store for some last minute things. Taking Gab to see Planet 51 and Mr Fox over the hoilday weekend, plus work all of the days. Ugh. HOPE to get to PDX next weekend, need to see my other babies.

k- Hope you have a safe and blessed Thanksgiving!

tommysgirl18
11-27-2009, 12:51 AM
just thought that I would pop in here quickly to see how every one is doing.....

3fc was not letting me in the other day, but I believe that I am not the only one that was getting that message!

Sassy_Chick
11-27-2009, 05:26 AM
Hi Everybody!

Finally got in! LOL. I guess everybody overwhelmed it yesterday!! LOL!

I got good news, most of you already know, but just sharing here too:

Yesterday morning after work, my friend and I went shopping and she "encouraged me very strongly" to try on this pair of jeans that was 2 sizes smaller than I normally wear. I didn't want too because I was like, "There is no way I am gonna fit into those things!" But she is pretty persistent, so I went ahead and went to the fitting room and tried them on. So I put in one leg and think, "Hmmmm so far so good. Now the BIG test, getting them over the BEHIND." lol. And low and behold they fit!!!!!!! :carrot:

And they were not tight at all, infact I probably could go down to the next size at least, maybe even the next 2 sizes down. But I HATE tight clothes so I bought those that way there is shrinkage room too. But I was SO STOKED!!! :D I wore them yesterday and will be posting pics soon on myspace and facebook. ;)

Oh and also my back is feeling better. It was killing me then I took a Vicodin, woke up at midnight hurting, took another one and now I feel great. :) Also took the HPT and it was negative. I go to see my dr on Dec. 3rd, so she will probably do a blood test to be sure. But I will get a list of fertility drs from her and hopefully I will be preggo soon!

Anyways, BIG HUGS EVERYBODY!!!

:grouphug:

tommysgirl18
11-27-2009, 11:03 PM
just thought I would stop in to see how every one is doing......

The kids letters to Santa are in the enveloped, addressed, and ready to be mailed. I am in the process of writing letters to the people that we will more than likely end up working with one of them in regards to the boys' schooling. So, since we are thinking of moving into their county, we are sending a letter to them all to get a grasp on the schooling before we move.

Sassy_Chick
11-28-2009, 12:59 PM
Hey just thought I'd pop in say hi and let ya know some more good news.

DH & I went back to the store my friend & I shopped at on Thanksgiving Day, since the jeans I had bought there are so huge on me, I decided to try the next 2 sizes down, just to see.

Well the 1st size down -- fit, but still way too long (I'm short lol) and the 2nd size down after that ALMOST fit!!! WHOO-HOO! So that means I am 3 sizes down and close to being 4 sizes down!!! :carrot:

Only weird thing is I also tried a different brand, same size, only they were low-rise jeans??? Does that mean they are those kind that are supposed to go to your hips? I dunno but they would not fit. lol. So I am hoping that is why. I know different brands of jeans fit differently so not sure.

I ended up not getting anymore jeans, cuz I am curious to see how the jeans that I already bought fit after I wash them a few times!!

Well have a Good Day! We're putting up our Christmas Tree tonight! :)

Shopaholic1204
11-28-2009, 01:27 PM
Hi everyone!!! Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. I dunno about you..but I'm kinda tired of turkey already, lol.

Sassy..low rise jeans do go to your hips. Thats are the only kind I wear, lol. But thats so awesome about being 3 sizes down!! W2G!! What store did you go to?? You should try The Gap, Old Navy, and American Eagle. They have pretty nice jeans at those stores.

I wanna put up the tree..but Fonzo doesnt want to!!! He wants to buy a new tree instead..but I'm dying to decorate. He's being a grinch, lol.

tommysgirl18
11-29-2009, 01:22 AM
just thought I would pop in to see how every one is doing......I am addicted to playing Cafe World on Facebook.....and so is Tommy! We are so competitive with each other, that we butt heads on it all the time!!!!

Now, I am trying to figure out what we need to buy when we go grocery shopping.....and dinner ideas!!! we are stuck in a rut of eating the same things over and over again, so I need to do some searching online again!

Shell~ That is so great!!!!! I need to buy new jeans, well new clothes, but I refuse to buy them until I am at my goal mark of hitting 200 pounds! Tommy keeps telling me that I need newer clothes because they are too sagging in the butt area and such.

suetalks
11-29-2009, 01:46 AM
Just a pop in at 1:45 a.m....I came home to catch a few winks. Mom was admitted to the hospital again tonight. She got sick Thursday and just wasn't improving.
Hopefully we will have some answers....she was feeling much better after they gave her IV fluids, nausea meds and pain meds. She just wanted to sleep since she was finally comfortable.
I am off to sleep so I can go back.....

Sassy_Chick
11-29-2009, 05:42 AM
Hey Gang,

Thanks Everybody!!!!

Mindee -- I really didn't "plan" on getting any new jeans, but my friend kinda insisted I try them on. Yeah I didn't have to buy any, but I am down to 1 pair of jeans so figured it couldn't hurt. I have them in the washer now -- trying to shrink them -- who would have ever thought I would have been saying that???!!! LOL! But yeah I wanna wait too to get a bunch of new clothes for when I am at my goal, which I never ever thought would be close! I mean I still have a while to go, but I think I have gone a long ways! But now at least I can see a light at the end of the tunnel, very very small, but at least I can see one now! LOL!

Francie -- I bought my new jeans at Meijers. They are the Faded Glory Brand (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5934590) (Couldn't find them on Meijers site but Wal-Mart has them) and go figure they are cheaper!! Have to go and check em' out!!! lol. I'll have to check out those stores, esp now with the good deals they are having! :D

Well we have the tree up and the lights on that is about it for now. We will finish decorating it later. lol. But we found these really awesome LED lights (http://www.meijer.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=142822&parentCategoryId=1110&categoryId=2264&subCategoryId=2252&from=search) that are Sparking Crystal and OH so pretty, but VERY VERY delicate!

Sue -- So sorry to hear about your mom. :hug: My FIL is very sick too, not in the hospital, yet, but very sick. I hope that she gets better soon!!! Get you some rest -- well as much as you can!!

Hey girls. I think I heard yes definitely from Cristina, but does anybody else want a Christmas Card??? If so just PM me your addy just to be sure I have it!

THANKS!

Mom2Gaby
11-29-2009, 03:01 PM
I am tired of turkey Francie. I want to buy another pumpkin pie though. :D

Scale is 155 this morning was teetering at 157 the day after Thanksgivng, so that makes me feel somewhat better. I am back to my salads for the most part but did make up some dressing last night. LOVE that dish. Even that is getting icky now.

Sassy - yippeeee to smaller size jeans! That is a pretty nice feeling. Good for you.

I get tomorrow off , maybe I can catch up at that time. Gabster and I went and saw Grinch last night, freebie but it was at the Liberty Theatre, I wanted to see inside since the redid it from the 1930 (??) glory days. Gaby likes the pretty pink bathroom. lol

k- off I go back to work.

Shopaholic1204
11-30-2009, 10:18 AM
Has anyone tried the Flat Belly Diet?

Mom2Gaby
11-30-2009, 12:27 PM
Good Morning -

Sue -:hug: I am sorry about your mother. Praying for her and you.

Sassy- oops, sorry! Yes I will do cards, I think I have all the addresses on hand. I like Old Navy jeans, my fave.

Francie - Never heard of Flat Belly Diet.

I have tons to get done today! Catch up later.

:wave: hello to everyone!!

suetalks
11-30-2009, 01:18 PM
Happy Monday to all. I was at the hospital bright and early to talk to the Dr. Nothing has been decided yet..they are keeping mom comfortable. She just wants to sleep with all the pain meds...so I came home for a bit.
Catching up on laundry and will make a meatloaf to pop in the oven later..either DH or I can do that. Right now I feel like I need a nap.

Hope you all started off the week in good spirits..and tomorrow start the new month in even better spirits. (ugh..Dec. ) oops..good spirits!!!

Thanks to all for keeping mom in your prayers!

FrouFrou
12-01-2009, 09:05 PM
SUE...lots of hugs and prayers being sent your way. :hug: :hug:

SASSY...yes, definitely doing the Christmas card exchange. I have been meaning to work on mine for the past week but still haven't gotten to them. I will by Monday though for sure! Yay to the jeans!:carrot:

SUSAN...can't beat a free movie. I've not been to a movie in I don't know how long. Hoping to go soon though!

FRANCIE...yeah, a little tired of turkey here too! I haven't tried the Flat Belly Diet but I did buy the book. I think last year and actually forgot about it till now!

KATY...hope James had a wonderful 13th birthday!

JULES...I have been eyeing the pots and pans myself...she has a lot of pretty stuff!

MINDEE...you and Tommy sound like Josh and Charlotte...they are very competitive!

KATHY...hoping all is well with you and yours. You know, I always forget that you guys' Thanksgiving is in Oct, sorry I forgot to say Happy Thanksgiving to you then!

Thinking I got everyone, always feel like I missed someone.

Been busy with the little one and trying to get on some sort of schedule so that I can make time for the computer in the evening...not working so good, lol! Too many favorite shows on that I don't want to miss. But...I am going to put the swing down here and bring the little one down here so I can get in my time during the day I think. Forgot how much time a little one takes. Anyway...other than that, not a lot going on here. Started walking again. Not as much as I used to but will definitely be working my way towards that. And doing my dvd's...another reason I need to bring the little one down here. Anywho...trying to make my rounds before 9...Sons of Anarchy comes on and it's the season finale. Then I have to finish folding my clothes, turn the mattress and make the bed so...I will wish you guys a good night!

Mom2Gaby
12-02-2009, 12:23 PM
STOP and POST at BIK THREAD #84!!