Old 10-28-2009, 09:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/154/God's decision

Height: 5'6"

Talking The Lord's Table

Here I am with a new thread that started with asking about Prism. I got rid of the mentor and made sure there wasn't an obligation to become a mentor after I finish their course at settingcaptivesfree.com So far the lessons are nice--I know better not to be legalistic about any program because only God's word is completely true. Anyway, I noticed that this forum mentioned Weigh Down as a Christian program--FYI, they do NOT believe in the Trinity doctrine, so if you do, then stay clear of that program. I have experience with Weight Down before the truth came out about Gwen Shamblin, and there are other Christian programs out there that follow the same eating plan, like Thin Within and The Lord's Table, and they believe in the Trinity. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know because it's very important to stay clear of false doctrines and not compromise truth. Blessings, Lisa
Trinity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:03 AM   #2  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Default Trinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity3 View Post
Here I am with a new thread that started with asking about Prism. I got rid of the mentor and made sure there wasn't an obligation to become a mentor after I finish their course at settingcaptivesfree.com So far the lessons are nice--I know better not to be legalistic about any program because only God's word is completely true. Anyway, I noticed that this forum mentioned Weigh Down as a Christian program--FYI, they do NOT believe in the Trinity doctrine, so if you do, then stay clear of that program. I have experience with Weight Down before the truth came out about Gwen Shamblin, and there are other Christian programs out there that follow the same eating plan, like Thin Within and The Lord's Table, and they believe in the Trinity. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know because it's very important to stay clear of false doctrines and not compromise truth. Blessings, Lisa
This is so true. As for Weigh Down, once our church became aware of Gwen Shamblin's true beliefs, we abandoned her teachings immediately.
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 12:50 PM   #3  
Believe!

S/C/G: 231/201/131

Height: 5'2"

Smile You are absolutely right....

Isn't it sad that those doctrines can creep in when people are desperate for change? Being overweight and in bondage to food and diets is a real problem in this world, and there are a lot of false teachings out there designed to make money off of this problem, and to spread false doctrine.
There was a lady in the Bible, who had an issue of blood, and had spent all she had on weird things to get rid of the problem. She spent ALL THAT SHE HAD! How many of us have spent hundreds and thousands of dollars on diets, books, exercise equipment, programs and even surgery to "cure" this problem?
" She "kept saying" if I can but only touch the hem of HIS garment, I shall be healed". She kept saying it to herself and she believed, and she touched Jesus and immediately healing virtue went out of Him to her, in which He was being thronged by a crowd, He asked "WHO TOUCHED ME?" HE felt the believing faith.
Wow!
By His stripes we were healed. We don't have to try to get healing, it is already ours. The prison doors are open, just believe and walk right out those doors! Your chains of bondage have been broken.
Jesus is our Daily Bread. Focus on Him, and you will be surprised at the changes in your life.Matthew 6:33:
NIVİ But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
NASİ "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
ISVİ But first be concerned about God's kingdom and his righteousness, and all of these things will be provided for you as well.
GWTİ But first, be concerned about his kingdom and what has his approval. Then all these things will be provided for you.
KJV But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
AKJ But seek you first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you.
ASV But seek ye first his kingdom, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
BBE But let your first care be for his kingdom and his righteousness; and all these other things will be given to you in addition.
DRB Seek ye therefore first the kingdom of God, and his justice, and all these things shall be added unto you.
DBY But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.
ERV But seek ye first his kingdom, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
WBS But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
WEY But make His Kingdom and righteousness your chief aim, and then these things shall all be given you in addition.
WEB But seek first God's Kingdom, and his righteousness; and all these things will be given to you as well.
YLT but seek ye first the reign of God and His righteousness, and all these shall be added to you.

Ryanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 05:12 PM   #4  

Joy2MeNu and Ryanne, boy I wish you were living close to me and going to the same church--you both have blessed me with your responses. I guess I'll just have to keep in touch with you thru this website! I've one week with my eating center on Jesus and the freedom of choice He has given me. In the past, I abused that freedom by eating more than I needed. Putting Jesus first in our lives is definately the road to victory. Talk to you later!
Lisa
Old 11-04-2009, 11:47 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 48/45/20

Hi! I'm so glad I happened upon this thread and the other one you started. I've started TLT a few times and have had some "success" with it in the past. The first time I had a great mentor and was doing very well, she was incredibly supportive and I really grew closer to the Lord and felt the chains of food addictions falling off. But she was removed from the program as a mentor (they didn't feel she was following protocol closely enough or something) and my replacement mentor wasn't nearly as helpful. I also began to feel very much condemned if I strayed at all from the teachings. Anyway, I'm still struggling with my food issues, and often think about returning to the study because I did see some good come from it, but I'm just not sure I'm ready because I do have a hard time separating the good from the legalistic. Anyway, I'm glad to see other "sisters" here You're all very encouraging! God Bless!
jennygirl531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 09:22 PM   #6  

Jennygirl531, I haven't been on this forum for a couple months and just read what you said. I was wondering if you followed the diet on TLT that has you eating a different way each day? When I saw that a couple years ago, I knew I couldn't do it because it would make me focus on food too much. But this time when I checked out TLT, they added another choice which is eating when you are truely hungry and stopping when you're satisfied. I was excited about that because that was what I was looking for. So, I decided to sign up for their free online course but skipped the mentor because I didn't want to take the chance of getting someone pointing out everything that was wrong with me.(Plus, I wasn't ready to fast when they told me to, but seek God's will for me each day) This all happened the same time God was showing me how much bondage I have been in with all the diets I have chased after all these years (I'm 39 and I started dieting when I was a young teenager). I almost joined a Christian-based program, but found out that if I failed then I'd be kicked out of the program. That day I returned the program for a refund, God showed me that He has made me free--free from legalism and freedom to eat anything I wanted (the sin is gluttony, not what food you eat). BUT, in the past, even though I was trying to follow this kind of eating (eat when you're hungry, stop when you're full), I was still lusting after food, abusing this freedom God gave me by eating more food than I truly needed (being greedy like the children of Israel that took too much manna for that day). This is so much more clear to me now than ever before: God has given me the freedom to eat what I want without rules like "Don't eat this, you can't have that". What a blessing to be free! Now, my job is to not abuse this gift but show God how thankful I am for this freedom by not abusing it and not being greedy by eating more food than my body needs. So, for the past two weeks, I have been eating when I am TRULY hungry and when I eat, I eat a single serving and no more--once that empty feeling is gone from my stomach and I feel satisfied, not full, then I stop eating. I go many hours before I need more food. Sometimes I eat only two times a day (it depends on what time I eat breakfast). I feel this food addiction is like all other addictions--you get your help from God and take it one day at a time. Now, I have a Bible verse that means much more to me than ever before: Matthew 11:28-30 Jesus said: "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." WOW! All this time I was laboring and had a heavy burden with all those diets I was on, trying to lose weight but still lusting after food, when the answer was right there all the time: Come to Jesus! I feel like my eyes have been opened and I finally see the path that leads to true freedom from food addiction--I would much rather take Jesus' yoke than the world's because He alone offers true freedom.
Blessings,
Lisa
Old 12-10-2009, 04:51 PM   #7  
Believe!

S/C/G: 231/201/131

Smile I really like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity3 View Post
Jennygirl531, I haven't been on this forum for a couple months and just read what you said. I was wondering if you followed the diet on TLT that has you eating a different way each day? When I saw that a couple years ago, I knew I couldn't do it because it would make me focus on food too much. But this time when I checked out TLT, they added another choice which is eating when you are truely hungry and stopping when you're satisfied. I was excited about that because that was what I was looking for. So, I decided to sign up for their free online course but skipped the mentor because I didn't want to take the chance of getting someone pointing out everything that was wrong with me.(Plus, I wasn't ready to fast when they told me to, but seek God's will for me each day) This all happened the same time God was showing me how much bondage I have been in with all the diets I have chased after all these years (I'm 39 and I started dieting when I was a young teenager). I almost joined a Christian-based program, but found out that if I failed then I'd be kicked out of the program. That day I returned the program for a refund, God showed me that He has made me free--free from legalism and freedom to eat anything I wanted (the sin is gluttony, not what food you eat). BUT, in the past, even though I was trying to follow this kind of eating (eat when you're hungry, stop when you're full), I was still lusting after food, abusing this freedom God gave me by eating more food than I truly needed (being greedy like the children of Israel that took too much manna for that day). This is so much more clear to me now than ever before: God has given me the freedom to eat what I want without rules like "Don't eat this, you can't have that". What a blessing to be free! Now, my job is to not abuse this gift but show God how thankful I am for this freedom by not abusing it and not being greedy by eating more food than my body needs. So, for the past two weeks, I have been eating when I am TRULY hungry and when I eat, I eat a single serving and no more--once that empty feeling is gone from my stomach and I feel satisfied, not full, then I stop eating. I go many hours before I need more food. Sometimes I eat only two times a day (it depends on what time I eat breakfast). I feel this food addiction is like all other addictions--you get your help from God and take it one day at a time. Now, I have a Bible verse that means much more to me than ever before: Matthew 11:28-30 Jesus said: "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." WOW! All this time I was laboring and had a heavy burden with all those diets I was on, trying to lose weight but still lusting after food, when the answer was right there all the time: Come to Jesus! I feel like my eyes have been opened and I finally see the path that leads to true freedom from food addiction--I would much rather take Jesus' yoke than the world's because He alone offers true freedom.
Blessings,
Lisa

This really blessed me alot. I hope you are doing well.
Ryanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 05:37 PM   #8  

I'm doing GREAT! I still take it one day at a time, keeping my eyes on Jesus. In the past, when I lost weight I'd tell others how much weight I was losing, but this time since it's God who is losing the weight for me, I can't take any of the credit. I truly am resting in Jesus, just like He promised.