Cooking Tips and Questions - Timesaving Tip--Freezing Cooked Brown Rice

Teachyrchildren
10-27-2009, 06:05 PM
A few weeks ago I made a huge amount of brown rice. I'm still adjusting to being a partial empty nester without the usual hordes of teen boys to feed! Anyway, we were heading out of town and I didn't want to waste the leftover rice. I remembered that Trader Joe's sells frozen brown rice, thought what the ****, and put a ziploc bag of the rice into the freezer. I took some out last night, heated it in the microwave, and it was just about as good as fresh made! And done in 2-3 minutes instead of the usual 50!

From now on, I'm doubling the amount of rice I'm making so there will always be a batch in the freezer!

CardboardCutoutCat
10-27-2009, 06:13 PM
Thanks! Love brown rice, will be doing this too

:dance:

VernDern
10-27-2009, 06:20 PM
Great idea! I love freezing stuff but am timid about what actually works! Thanks!

walking2lose
10-27-2009, 07:00 PM
Great idea! I love brown rice. Just make sure you don't actually heat it in the plastic bag.

utgirl09
10-27-2009, 07:14 PM
Yeah, I love doing this. I make a big batch of brown rice and a batch of chicken, and season them different ways. I put each portion in a plastic bag, and put the all the bags in a large tupperware container for extra protection. Saves so much time.I love it.

angelanicole23
10-27-2009, 10:14 PM
Thanks for the idea! I've wondered about this before!!

RememberHowToSmile
11-03-2009, 02:31 AM
I do the same thing and it works great all the time. I also make large amounts of healthy pesto and freeze it.