Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-27-2009, 04:34 PM   #1  
Finding my way

S/C/G: Start 274/Current 260/Goal 150

Height: 5'5"

Default another newbie joining y'all

Hey there. Thought I'd start by saying hi. I don't know much about blogging or forums but I need a place to chat have some support and also give some support when I feel I have something to offer. Cant wait to get to know some of you

TexanGal

PS: Whats a signature and why do I have to wait 20 days? lol
TexanGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: Start 273 Current 273 Goal 173

Height: 5'6"

Smile hi......

Hi
I am new as well!!!
NIce to meet you! I am new to this forum stuff too!
kinda found it by mistake..............
MUFFY22177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/130/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi Texangal and MUFFY.

I'm new too. Boy, you already started a blog, Texangal.

I don't know how to post photos and pics and from reading many of the blogs here, it seems like having some color and some pics and photos really makes a huge difference. And without knowing how to do that, I'm afraid just writing day after day would be boring for readers...so I'm kinda holding off on that.

But good for you for jumping in and starting one!
Deena52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 05:08 PM   #4  
Finding my way

S/C/G: Start 274/Current 260/Goal 150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deena52 View Post
Hi Texangal and MUFFY.

I'm new too. Boy, you already started a blog, Texangal.

I don't know how to post photos and pics and from reading many of the blogs here, it seems like having some color and some pics and photos really makes a huge difference. And without knowing how to do that, I'm afraid just writing day after day would be boring for readers...so I'm kinda holding off on that.

But good for you for jumping in and starting one!
I think I started a blog? I opened a blog page but haven't tried to use it yet. I don't think we have to write every day. I'm sure some write in blogs once a month. I hope to use it more for 'thinking aloud'?? We'll see. Nice to meet everyone.
TexanGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 05:23 PM   #5  

Well heck, honey....you have a title for your blog...and that's a great start!

You've actually made me re-think starting one....even though I don't know how to do the photo/pic stuff. Even if just for me....might be a good idea. I'm thinking it over now and will maybe reconsider...thanks to you (see?)
Old 10-27-2009, 06:07 PM   #6  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

A signature is what's at the bottom of my post- just a small phrase or photo that comes up with each message- you have to wait 20 days because of past issues with spammers. Remember you also have to have at least 20 posts after those 20 days or you can't have a signature either.

For blogs you don't even have to blog if you don't want to- I blog daily but some blog less often- you can post as often as you want but I believe after so many months if there is no activity on your blog it gets taken down- I'm not 100% sure though.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:27 AM   #7  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi TexanGal!
Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated, inspired and entertained!

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here a short time myself, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of cheating or giving up.

So welcome aboard - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:57 AM   #8  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to 3FC and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 12:27 PM   #9  

Hi Texangal,

Wanted to stop by and visit as I see you visited me yesterday. Thanks so much for that.

I am so sorry to hear about your mom. 48 years old is so very young and it must have been so difficult for you. My mom died of cancer (multiple myeloma) in 2005...in fact, she died one month after my son did. I almost think she gave up....she really loved my son. I also took care of my mom when she was dying. She and dad had been managing...but then she fell and broke her hip and it was all downhill from there. But she was 82...not 48 and I was prepared, as she was sick for some time. I can't imagine going through this at such a young age as you must have been, since your mom was only 48. That probably makes you young enough to be my grand-daughter, I'd imagine.

Also....regarding what happened to you with the Paxil....you know, I don't think people truly understand or believe how these meds can alter metabolism unless they've experienced this for themselves. Even the doctor kept making me feel like he suspected I was overeating or that I was to blame...and not the medication....when the reality was that the medication was killing my appetite and I was eating so little I should have been losing weight....yet I was gaining...and rapidly. It was just a total loss of control for me and I regret not listening to my better judgement and not stopping the medication sooner.

I'm sure that in some cases...yes, certain medication may increase ones appetite and this may be responsible. But I also believe that certain medications can cause a huge alteration in metabolism in certain individuals....and it's unfair to make us feel like it can't be the medication and has to be something we're doing wrong.

Believe me, I experienced the exact same thing....and I totally feel for you. I simply came to a point where I said, "sorry, I'm just gonna have to go off this medication, regardless of what your recommendation is".....and I've never regretted that decision. Sometimes we have to be our own best advocate....and I'm just sorry I did not have the confidence to become more aggressive sooner and allowed someone else to make me doubt that what I knew to be true might be wrong. Turned out I was right.

ADDED: IN FACT....when I get to goal, I may just mosey on over to his office.....and say, "SEE? It WAS the medication! So there!"

Last edited by Deena52; 10-28-2009 at 12:29 PM.