Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-27-2009, 03:55 PM   #1  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Major mini goals

We're going to a very nice concert in mid-December. I want to fit into a dress I have by then. It's a small size 12 and I am currently a size 16.

Give me positive vibes that this is possible. Success stories under similar circumstances are also appreciated, as are tips on how to do it. Need positivity!
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:16 PM   #2  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

I know you wanted super positive thoughts... but.... I think it's going to be difficult to get there. Maybe if you aren't strength training I would add that to your exercise plan, as well as stay on plan to the T! 2 sizes is probably 30 or 40 lbs (I would guess- I've never been any smaller than I am now, so I don't know for sure). But if you work hard...

Get in gear!! and Good luck!
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:34 PM   #3  
Paleo-ish Girl

That's what I'm wondering about. The difference between a 20 and an 18 was almost 30 pounds. But the difference between an 18 and a 16 was only about 15.

I'll get on the strength training. Maybe I can cinch my waist down 6 inches, lol.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

Positive thoughts Positive thoughts Positive thoughts!!!
You can get there!
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:17 AM   #5  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Do your best! Keep to your plan but don't get discouraged if you have an off moment or day. Adding strength training will definitely help. Do you have other dresses that you could wear just in case you don't make your goal? Actually, you have 2 sizes in there that you could make your goal... if you exercise and are on plan re:food, why don't you make it a reward to get yourself a new dress that showcases that loss? That way, if you fit into the sz 12, awesome! If not, you still get to feel good about your loss.

Good luck!
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:20 AM   #6  
Paleo-ish Girl

Well, I kind of exercised last night. Does using a 12 pound infant as a weight count as "strength training", lol?

I'm already getting discouraged. I compared the size charts (haven't measured yet, but going by what size I wear) I have to lose 3-5 inches from my waist and 5-7 inches from my hips. Think positive...
Old 10-28-2009, 12:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altari View Post
Well, I kind of exercised last night. Does using a 12 pound infant as a weight count as "strength training", lol?

I'm already getting discouraged. I compared the size charts (haven't measured yet, but going by what size I wear) I have to lose 3-5 inches from my waist and 5-7 inches from my hips. Think positive...
Size charts are really weird. I have never worn the size that the chart tells me I should, I always go smaller. For example I wear size 6 LLBean jeans, but according to their chart I should be wearing a size 10-12.

So don't focus on size charts and measurements. Focus on being the healthiest and fittest person you can be. And even if you don't quite make your goal by this party, I can guarantee that you will be pleased with the results.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote