100 lb. Club - I'm blah...

View Full Version : I'm blah...

cfmama
10-26-2009, 04:28 PM
Just blah.

Weight loss as a standstill.

Added in weight training, calorie cycling again, added more cardio. It's not the TYPES of things I'm eating either. It's been almost a month of bouncing between 221 and 222. Accounting for all licks, bites, tastes... (which have been... none.)

No hidden calories, no new foods no nothing.

It's a plateau. For real. My first one in a year... and coincidentally it started at almost EXACTLY my one year and 155 lbs lost mark. Very strange.

So I'm not really looking for advice... although if you have something earth shattering by all means try me... just want someone to pat me on the head and utter "poor little bunny" lol!

and yes I'm having a wee pity party.

Shannon in ATL
10-26-2009, 04:40 PM
:hug: sorry honey. This will pass. You have been doing great,and things will even back out and start moving again. Maybe your body just needs a little break. Getting ready for winter and all that. :)

TJFitnessDiva
10-26-2009, 04:48 PM
*hugs* hang in there girlie! If you are doing everything you need to be doing then you can out last your body being stubborn :)

kuhrisuh
10-26-2009, 04:49 PM
:hug: You've already accomplished so much! Congrats! Keep your head up, this plateau wont last. I read on another post that one woman finally lost after a plateau by taking a couple of days off from cardio, so Shannon in ATL might be right :). Good luck!

girlonfire
10-26-2009, 04:55 PM
I plateaued for awhile. I just recently broke through it.

Unfortunately, I contracted some flu/food poisoning-type illness. I'm sure there are easier ways to get through it! And you WILL get through it!

GirlyGirlSebas
10-26-2009, 05:06 PM
Poor bunny wunny!;) Keep the tape measure handy. The scales are fickle.

VernDern
10-26-2009, 05:10 PM
It'll pass before you know it even though it may seem like its taking forever now. Keep going strong! You're an inspiration! =)

H8cake
10-26-2009, 05:25 PM
Stay the Course! You are tougher than any plateau!

JulieJ08
10-26-2009, 05:29 PM
But didn't you just barely start the strength training? *Lots* of people don't lose for a week or a few weeks after starting strength training (but can tell the body is changing), but then the scale joins the party again. Hang in there, I know it's not fun :)

Kae
10-26-2009, 05:48 PM
You are doing amazing... You will get through this in no time. Just stick with it... I know that's never what someone wants to hear. I myself have been bouncing up and down the same 5 pounds for a month now... WE CAN DO IT!

ladyrider72472
10-26-2009, 05:50 PM
just hang in there. you have done soooo well. and remember with the strength training, people cannot usually tell what the number on the scale says, but they can tell when you have knock out arms, legs, and butt!

rockinrobin
10-26-2009, 05:58 PM
Oh boy. I am sorry you are going through this. I know, I just know that you are going to get past this. With a nice big woosh to boot.

Try to stay calm as stressing over it can be of no use. Try to think of it as practice for maintenance, when you're eating well, exercising, taking care of you, but the scale remains the same.

Would it be of any help to you to avoid the scale for a week? 10 days? Try to make a game of it?

I feel for you. This is going to pass. This is going to pass. THIS IS GOING TO PASS. Tell yourself this over and over again. Because it WILL. You'll hardly remember this when you DO hit your goal (& you will). It'll be a tiny forgettable blip on the screen.

I know in a very short time we're going to be celebrating you BUSTING this sucker.

Until then - hang tough, tough lady. :hug:

DCHound
10-26-2009, 06:25 PM
I still lost size on my plateaus...what's your tape measure say?

findingfawn
10-26-2009, 06:50 PM
:hug:

Lori Bell
10-26-2009, 07:07 PM
Do you think it might be time to drop the calorie level? Aren't you eating somewhere in the neighborhood of 1700-1800? Could it be time? (Just a thought)

Thighs Be Gone
10-26-2009, 07:13 PM
Stay the course little bunny! :) You may start experiencing the "whooshes" now---that's what I began doing----stall, stall, stall..then, BAM! 3 pounds!

cfmama
10-26-2009, 07:35 PM
Do you think it might be time to drop the calorie level? Aren't you eating somewhere in the neighborhood of 1700-1800? Could it be time? (Just a thought)

1500 for the last two'ish months

time2lose
10-26-2009, 07:40 PM
No advise as I am struggling myself but hang in there! You have done so well and I know that you will kick this.

cfmama
10-26-2009, 07:47 PM
and the tape measure did show two inches off my tummy, hips, another bit off my arms and breasts ... but I want that DAMN SCALE to go down.

Do you think I should go lower than 1500? I've only been calorie cycling again for not even a week... maybe that will bump it.

Oh I don't know... but it's discouraging for sure!

myrrah
10-26-2009, 07:53 PM
I wouldn't go lower than 1500 myself. It has to be liveable. I had a time where I didn't lose anything for two-ish months, and then I started losing again. Slowly at first but now I'm losing fairly quickly again.

Lyn2007
10-26-2009, 08:29 PM
Lemme just say DONT GIVE UP. Keep it in perspective.

As in:
Last fall I spent a good solid month doing the same thing, oddly enough, at the SAME numbers you are... 221/222. I thought if I saw 222 on the scale one more time I would throw it out the window! I was so frustrated!

Frustrated enough that I had a binge pity party, and have not seen 222 in over a year.

Now I would LOVE to see 222 again! So when I stall, I always think, "perspective!"

GirlyGirlSebas
10-26-2009, 08:36 PM
and the tape measure did show two inches off my tummy, hips, another bit off my arms and breasts ... but I want that DAMN SCALE to go down.

Girlfriend! Inches lost means fat lost which mean better health. The number on the scale is just a number. Maybe this is your opportunity for a life lesson on the fickleness of the scale and becoming too dependent on the darn thing. Don't discount what you've done for yourself during this scale plateau.

Windchime
10-26-2009, 08:42 PM
Poor Tammy! It's frustrating, I know. September was rough for me; I lost something like 2 pounds (if that). For weeks I bounced around between 196 and 197...back and forth. I just kept doing my thing and eventually the scale started to move again. Coincidently, I cut back on the running in October and I'm losing better again. I have no idea why that might be true. So I wonder if cutting back on cardio might have a similar effect on you?

At any rate, please know that I totally sympathize with you. It's a drag when the scale doesn't move!

cfmama
10-26-2009, 08:42 PM
I think I might take another scale break... Maybe for the week. I AM improving my health each and every single day NO MATTER WHAT that freaking scale says. THANK YOU everyone. Thank you. You've helped to remind me of that very very important fact.

Girly... *hugs* what you said what JUST what clicked it in me. The culmination of what everyone else said. Thanks babe!

Slashnl
10-27-2009, 10:44 AM
I'm so sorry that you have to see stubborn numbers! You have done so well and have inspired many. I don't know if that helps, but you need to remember that! You are on such a roll that this won't last. You'll be seeing the 2 teens (is that how we say that?) soon!

Anyway, gives me a chance to catch up! ha!

Smiling_Sara
10-27-2009, 12:37 PM
:hug:

you're not alone cfmama. Been at a standstill and bouncing 8 pounds since Feb 2009.

Can I join your pity party?

Couch
10-27-2009, 10:58 PM
Another option is to back off for a few days. Eat a few hundred calories extra, don't exercise and catch up on your sleep for about three days. Maybe do some meditation or stretching instead. Your body is probably freaking our about how much weight it's lost, and need reassuring that everything is OK, and it's not going to starve.

The resistance training may have you retaining water. Another option is the weightloss has affected your cycle, which can lead to temporary bloating at unexpected times of the month. It's very, very annoying, but what are the other options? Giving up and going back to where you are? I think not. Thinking of it as maintenance practise at least makes you feel like you're achieving something.

Idealmuse
10-28-2009, 01:06 AM
1500 should be good at this weight I wouldn't lower.

It might actually be the weight training. You're not going to gain muscle quickly but the body does tend to hold on to water when first starting. Whenever I'd started weight programs I've held steady a few weeks before a woosh.

You've done awesome... It WILL pass!

My losses have slowed down a lot lately too having to work very hard for every pound.