Old 10-26-2009, 01:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 176/156.6/136

Height: 5'1

Wink New girl in the neighborhood

Hi everyone. New new new to this site. Am 45, now living in Alabama, from Ohio, from Louisiana. Have lived in Bama for 3months now. I lost 40lbs before our move and unfortunately have gained 20lbs in the past 3months. My daughter was diagnosed with a terminal brain cancer and I stayed with her and her family for about a month after her brain surgery. She and her family live outside of New Orleans and we had some fantastic comfort food during that month. She is cancer free at this time and while the doctors take care of her, I now have to take care of me and lose this weight again, and wouldn't you know it, mother nature has seen fit to give me my change of life now. What a doll. Look forward to posting here and getting to know y'all .
Vron45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:46 PM   #2  
Deb

S/C/G: 257/240/150

Height: 5'5"

So sorry to hear of your daughter's struggle, but glad to hear she is now cancer free.

Welcome and glad to have you here with us...let's get that body moving and get to making good food choices!
lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:49 PM   #3  
Believe!

S/C/G: 231/201/131

Height: 5'2"

Smile I'm glad that your daughter is doing well.

I think you will like it here!
Ryanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:48 PM   #4  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to one of the best groups on 3FC.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:22 PM   #5  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome! Please be sure to join us on the 40's weekly chat thread. Glad to hear your daughter is doing well.
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:08 PM   #6  
Real Me in here Somewhere

S/C/G: 194.8/155/132?

Height: 5'1"

Welcome Vron! So glad to hear your daughter is doing well...That must have been a difficult time for you all

Taking care of YOU is very important and you've found a great site...Everyone here is wonderful and full of support

Best of everything to you, on your journey!
GivTLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:53 PM   #7  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Welcome, vron! May you find the strength to meet all those challenges - and count us in as part of the cheering squad!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 03:00 PM   #8  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Welcome Vron. I'm so sorry to read about your daughter's health... Wishing you all strength.

Welcome to our fantastic group! Re: Alabama, my FIL and his wife live in Foley (transplanted from Orange Beach after losing their home in a hurricane a few years back, originally transplanted from Pittsburgh). How are you finding the food there? I always have a hard time finding healthy food when we go out to eat... Hopefully that is not the case for you.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 04:50 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/170/123

Height: 5'2

hello all

i'm new also. i've lost 23lbs over the last year with weight watchers and a little bit of exercise here and there. i'm single mom living in texas with 2 red-headed daughters and 2 cats that drive me nuts. looking for kind words (and a kick in the butt) to help me lose my butt!!

happy wednesday
txsjewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:30 AM   #10  
The Devil's in the Donuts

S/C/G: 267/~see ticker~/145 & fit

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies. I am new here and in desperate need of help. I am looking for support, motivation and most of all accountability. I am surrounded by people in my life but none of them holds me accountable for anything. I am a strong woman and I guess they think that I have it all pulled together and dont need any help. I was sucessful at WW for that reason and lost 40+ pounds however the price of weekly meetings forced me to give that up. That and I found that the Splenda heavy diet really did a number on my digestive system and I developed IBS during that time.

This struggle has been life long and I am getting a little weary and rundown. I am 42 and mother nature is not helping matters at all. My metabolism has all but shut down at the very time I needed it the most.

I could write the book on what not to eat, when to eat it...blah...blah...blah. I dont need much help there unless someone specializes in food allergies related to weight gain.

This chapter in my weight loss struggle seems to me to be more about my mental focus and desire to even pick myself up again and battle the weight. I seem to have run out of fight and dont how to get it back. I know I dont want a health scare to be the trigger..I am smarter than that.

Is anyone else experiencing the same thing? I fear that I am possibly suffering from depression brought on by life events that occurred last year. Can an upbeat, silver-lining girl be depressed and not know it?

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this. I know it is long and fairly whiney so forgive me. I hope to get better and be a positive contributor to the site.

Have a great day!

L

Last edited by meandmyself; 11-07-2009 at 10:32 AM.
meandmyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 07:57 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome to 3fatchicks. Make yourself at home. People will try to help you as much as you can. There are lots of people here who understand where you've been and what you're going through.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 08:13 PM   #12  

Welcome from one of your Bama neighbors.
Bamachic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:36 PM   #13  
I'm in here somewhere!

S/C/G: 215/tracker/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Hi ladies!
I'm a 40-something also and would love to get support from you all!
I started back in January and was good til June and then had a bad summer, personal life explosion, yada yada. I need to change my user name from Healthymom2009 since I wasn't particularly healthy this year.
Anyhow, here i am. Trying to be good with the food intake and getting back into the pool.
Is there a light at the end of the tunnel? I sure hope so. I hate being embarrassed about going out or to my daughter's school or whatever.
*sigh*
I can do this!! I will be fit and healthier!
Vron - I sure hope your daughter is feeling better! She's lucky to have a mom like you!
Onmyway - is there a special place for the 40's chat thread? or is this it?
meandmyself - I totally know what you mean!! You've run out of the fight! I KNOW I should do the right things but.... find excuses to NOT do those right things. Can you say Halloween candy? sheeeesh. Talk to a doctor if you're truly concerned about being depressed. You can get through it and to the other side!!
Hope you all had a good weekend.
RealMeSomeday is offline   Reply With Quote