Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-25-2009, 09:13 AM   #1  
finding herself

S/C/G: 241/226/175

Height: 5'7"

Red face here we go again...

where to even begin? Lets just say i am back and hoping once again that this time can be different. That I will be able to bear the curve balls life throws me and not let it derail the idea of taking care of MYSELF! I am a fighter and have been through a great deal in the past, and yet somehow I keep losing that part of myself that knows better and wants better. I am really hoping to find her again.

I have to quit using the busy schedule as a crutch/excuse for the not exercising and the poor meal choices. Goal 1, pack my lunch!
newbebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:15 AM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Good luck, you can do this
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Packing your lunch is a wonderful way to start. Make sure you have lots of nice things in the fridge to choose from and supper will be that easy too!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:05 AM   #4  
I've only just begun! :)

S/C/G: 338/Ticker/180

Height: 5' 10"

I find packing my lunch is a HUGE benefit. A) I know I can eat it whenever I like and don't need to be hungry and not able to get away from the office to get something B) I know exactly what's in it.

I've also gone up and down for almost 20 years - losing and then gaining again. Depression and life's other 'curve balls' do have a way of making life tough.

But you can do it - you came here, and that's a first step - and a good one!
Havisham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

You can do it, newbebop! Coming here for support is a great first step and, I agree with others, packing your lunch is a great idea. I think planning is key when you are trying to lose weight.

I wish you the best on your weight loss journey!

Cheers,

J

Last edited by LotusMama; 10-25-2009 at 11:40 AM.
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:17 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 275/259/130

Height: 5'3"

newbebop, I am right there with you! I can't tell you how many times I have tried, quit, started over... I have about 15 notebooks that started as food journals and have the first four pages written in and then nothing.

My friend counseled weight loss patients, and the biggest thing he taught me that I'm using as my mantra this time is "you know you are going to eat every day. Meals don't need to be a surprise!" I think you have a very good first step.

You can do it!
TimeToTryAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:40 AM   #7  
Fit by Spring Break!

S/C/G: 235/211/150

Height: 5'7"

I pack my lunch for Monday-Friday on Sunday night...I usually always have a sandwich, but I have 2 different types of lunch meat and healthy cheese so I alternate..I also alternate the fruits and veggies I put in there.

I put them all in paper bags and label them by the day I am going to take them. They are all stacked neatly in my fridge!

This way, there is NO excuse for me not eating a healthy lunch...I used to do it in the morning, but I am always running late...that's why I do it on Sunday nights!
MathGirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote