Weight Loss Support - 300+ and Ready to Try Again... #194

2cute2Bfat
07-27-2002, 01:51 AM
WELCOME

We are a group of people working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday..... Weigh ins / Wacky/ Way to go Wednnesday
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

http://www.countryclipart.com/images/applewelcome.gif

2cute2Bfat
07-27-2002, 02:07 AM
Good morning everyone. Regulars and lurkers alike.
You can sure tell it is summer. Everyone is off and running.

Lucky... you have been a saint posting and keeping us on our toes. Thanks for all of your efforts.

I was headed for bed and thought... One more peek before I catch some zzzzz. I saw we needed a new thread for the weekend. Looks like a lot of people are traveling this weekend.
My daughter and I are going to see my parents either Sat or Sun. Probably Sunday. I think we just want to have some FUN together Saturday.

My food is still going GREAT !! I feel a sense of "freedom". I am not thinking about food and even have to remind myself to eat. That is something new for me. :lol: I have done pretty good drinking only water too. Now someday... I am going to have to exercise more. :^: Speaking of exercise... it is Sit up SAturday !! I need to something physcial today. In this heat anything is physcial. LOL It is over 100 nowadays here. TooHOT for this ole girl.

Well.. I am off to bed. Thought for today is a repeat but worth repeating....
"Cravings are like stray cats... they keep coming back as long as you feed them."

MichelleK
07-27-2002, 09:57 AM
Wow 2Cute..100*....its funny how we think the weather we have is about the same everywhere! We had a heat wave last week and this past week its been in the 70's! Its really nice. I haven't had the a/c on for almost a week now! Just the ceiling fans to keep the air moving! Today we are suppose to hit the 90's again and for the next few days anyway! I don't miss it and don't look forward to it! I hate the heat!

Well, I have news to report...I got a part-time job doing medical billing. Something new for me to learn! I need a challenge!! Last night we went out with some friends and Nicole said her cousin is looking for someone to do medical billing for alot more money so she is going to check that out for me! It would be full time. I need to get structure back in my life so I can stop wandering into the kitchen all day long!

I have been busy cleaning this house too! Lucky I think they have a section on the flylady.net for working people too! I just know that even working full time I can handle 15 minutes of decluttering and/or cleaning a day plus my regular cleaning when I decide to do it! Its just a matter of getting organized and getting a nighttime and morning routine established. I have been doing really well. I invested in some Mr. Clean and clorox wipes and every morning after we are all done in the bathroom I wipe everything down and it stays clean. I make the bed as soon as we are both out of it and I have a morning routine with breakfast, dishes and getting dressed. At night I already get stuff ready for the crockpot in the morning (When I'm working) and make lunches and get our clothes ready for the next day. It makes things so much easier and less rushed!

Wow! I just babbled up a storm. Well Andrew and I are off to the grocery store for a few things. I'll catch up to you all later!

TTFN Michelle

LuckyLadyBug
07-27-2002, 11:17 AM
Michelle, Michelle: Do you need special training for the medical billing job? I have been trying to get work in the closest town to my farm and the only positions there seem to be at the hospital.

I always get everything ready for the next morning too, it just starts my day off smoother. How do you handle all the emails. I was overwhelmed. By the time I got through them I didn't have time to post here. :(

2Cute Sounds like you will have a good weekend with your daughter.

I wonder where Baylee and Malia are? They haven't posted in a few days and that is unusual.

Malia is probably off talking to some Hawaiian German!!!:joker:

I keep watching our thread number move on up and can't wait for it to go OVER 300. (the number in the name of our
thread)

Stay cool.

LuckyLadyBug
07-27-2002, 12:55 PM
Okay, Michelle, you got me subscribing to FlyLady again. ;)

One thing I love are timers....I have a coffee pot that comes on before I get up and will shut off automatically if I forget to shut it off. I find these types of conveniences help cut down on worry and stress.

Actually my house isn't too bad, if I don't count the basement. More of a celler really and I don't even go down there or use it unless I have to flip a circut breaker.

I don't know if I have ever said but I moved to the family farm a year ago because my Dad is in a nursing home and he didn't want the place sitting empty. So, I had to combine all of my belongings and his into one small house. This place only has two closets, one in each bedroom. :cry: :fr:

But I was so lucky because my Dad is a collector...of everything. There are buildings of "stuff" here. Okay, I will admit I have collections too but they are nice and orderly: cups & saucers; sugar & creamers; cottage pictures; clowns; oriental things; dolls to name a few.

I would like to clean out one building and use it for stuff most people have closets for!!!! :smug:

Okay enough on the wrong topic for this thread.

Off to eat then get ready for my Aunt & Uncles 50th Anniversay party.

Later.

:dizzy: :dizzy: :smug:

SaraJoy
07-27-2002, 02:07 PM
DID EVERYONE MISS ME?! :lol:

After 10 hours of driving yesterday, we're back from the Big Apple. We stayed in a great hotel about a block from Time Square in Manhattan. Very swanky! As it was my first time there, we did all the standard touristy things: Empire State Building, Central Park, Brooklyn Bridge, etc... We also saw Ground Zero. The crater left from the twin towers is massive. For the first time, I could truly understand why it took so long to clear out!

As I posted just before I left, my goal for my week in NYC was to not gain any weight. For the last 2 months, I've consistently lost weight every week but I didn't want to try and do the impossible and make myself miserable. We had to eat out every meal! With that said, I believe my last post said I'd lost a total of 34 pounds. As of this morning, it's 35 pounds so I did alright!!!

I haven't had a chance yet to read through ALL the posts since I left but I did check out a few.

Duckie... I think it was you that asked if anyone had ever heard of someone losing weight while pregnant. I've had that same question myself. What if I got pregnant right now? Would I have to postpone my weight loss? I would HATE to do that! I understand you being concerned! While I don't really know the answer to that question, I did have a friend that lost a lot of weight during her pregnancy because somehow the pregnancy corrected some sort of hormonal imbalance she had. The baby was born really healthy too!

Sorry, I can't post too many replies right now as I've got a million post-trip errands to do PLUS my hubby is DYING to use his computer. I think he's going through withdrawal! :lol:

Hi to everyone... Lucky, Thin, Michelle, Baylee, Kat, Susie, Malia, 2Cute, Mary, and and any newbies out there! I really missed EVERYONE and I'm excited to be back here, losing weight! I hope to make my 35 pounds into 40 in the next couple of weeks!

See you all VERY soon,
Sara :)

thinthinker
07-27-2002, 05:39 PM
Well whoever said it was fun to walk at the zoo in 90 degree weather on the first day of Mother Nature, must have been nutts!!! I'm home and glad of it. Back to my little airconditioned office, talking to my friends. :lol:

Most of the animals thought it was too dang hot out too. Lots were in hiding. The highlight, however, was the baby zebra. He was so cute. Following his mom all around the pen. Oh....and the second highlight was taking the train back to the main entrance instead of DH making me walk it! :spin:

Mary: You are just a 'party girl'. It seems like there's always a get-together, luncheon or party of some sort that you're going to. A real social butterfly, you are! :)

Lucky: You got a new little avatar. She looks calm. * Cute how you want the thread number to climb and the scale number to go down! :eek:

Michelle: Wow, congrats on the new job. A little structure is what I need in my life too. I need to stop the drive thru window routine for lunch and fast food for dinner. :o

2cute: Hope you and your daughter are having some great fun. That is great news about your dad. I bet he is just delighted!:D

Sara: Glad to see you back from your trip and that you had a great time. You also did great losing while you were gone. Nice bonus, but it just means you were really paying attention while you were away. Good for you! :cp:

Ok, now seriously, I will probably not bother you again until next Wednesday or Thursday. We are leaving in the morning for up north. See ya when I get back. Love :love: to all!

MichelleK
07-27-2002, 08:35 PM
Thin have a good time wherever you are going. We will be here when you get back!

Lucky...as far as the emails? Mine all go into a bulk mail bin so they don't overtake my regular emails. Most of them are just reminders anyway and once you know your routine you can just delete them. The titles will always be the same so you know what the message is going to say. I think they are working on a set up for working people so they don't get the emails all day long. My house is so much cleaner already and its just been over a week. My kitchen is all decluttered except I just have to clean out the microwave cart, under the sink and one small cabinet with my baking pans. My bedroom is all delcuttered except I still need to get some of the winter clothes out of the closet. Next week we start on the living room. I already cleaned out the junk under the entertainment center because I was looking for something today. I sat on the floor opened the two doors and make two piles...keep stuff and throw away stuff. I just have to bag up the throw away stuff now. Its sitting on the floor. So thats one job already out of the way. I just take 15 minutes at a time. I set the microwave timer and go to it. You can really get rid of alot of craaap in 15 minutes. I have a box of yard sale stuff too. I just kept adding to it. Stuff thats too good to throw out. I think John thinks I hired someone to come in and clean this week! He is amazed! I keep my hotspots like the butcher block table and the kitchen table cleaned off. I just walk by and take not even 5 minutes to dispose of something if its lingering!!

Sara welcome back! You were surely missed! Great job on the loss while you were away for the week! Thats determination!!
And good eating habits already established!!

Well its time to get my little guy in his pj's and get john's lunch made for tomorrow and make sure my sink is clean! LOL Talk at you all later.

Michelle

SusieH
07-27-2002, 10:25 PM
Well, I just stopped in to let you all know that I finally did it.....I got my 50 pound star today. I am now officially 51 pounds down since rejoining WW and 70 pounds down from my highest weight. I was so shocked. I actually lost 3 pounds (that's 7 in two weeks).

So to celebrate, I bought myself some new walking shoes ($55--OUCH) and a few new shirts and a pair of shorts. Kohl's was having a nice clearance sale, so I splurged.

I put my 50 pound magnet on the refrigerator and added my new 5 pound star to my ribbon. This has really been a struggle to get to, so I appreciated getting it even more. I am just not one of those people who can lose 100 pounds in a year.

Anyhow, my Sister-in-law got her 15 pound star as she has lost 17.5 pounds total. She is doing great, and I am so happy that she is coming with me. We are planning on walking tomorrow at a new track, as the old one attracted some sort of freaky guy, so it doesn't appear to be as 'safe' as we thought. I probably will go back there, but the other place is actually closer to my house, so we will see.

Anyhow, just wanted to share my good news with you all, as you have been here through all my trials and tribulations. Thanks for supporting me.

katrinabgood
07-27-2002, 10:44 PM
And how are we all doing, this fine evening?

Lucky, it looks like you've been holding down the fort...atta girl!

Well...I'm home for a few weeks...three to be exact, then we're off to Maine...this past week was nice, but it wasn't MY vacation...just me and my son horning in on my sister's family vacation! It was kind of a waste, going back down...we never got back to the beach, the weather just did not want to cooperate...that is, til it was time to leave yesterday afternoon. About 1/2 hr before we left, the sun came out in all it's glory...warm and wonderful, after a dreary, drizzly day. And so, off into the sunset I drove...heading, once again, to Philly...I was travelling from a different point than I usually do, so I really had to pay attention to the roads (not just throw it into cruise control like usual) I couldn't see a blessed sign, because of the sun in my eyes...I told my son he had to be my navigator, could he please put the *@%# Gameboy down for 5 minutes and read the road signs for me??? I was pretty well stressed when we got there...but calming down...we loaded up my daughter and were heading out of the city when she asked if we could "just stop for a sec so she could return some videos for a friend?" Stop?? Where the **** do you stop in the city?? There's no parking anywhere... I pull over into a no parking zone, thinking she just had to run around the corner, I should be okay for a few minutes...of course I was told to move it by a kindly officer of the law...thinking I could just drive around the block and back again, I left...and enountered enough one way streets til I had no idea which way to get back to the one I left her on...I knew the general direction I wanted to get to, but did not know the name of the street that she was on. Panic started to set in...I am NOT a good city driver...Stressing, I drove around a few times til I thought, AHA!! I'll call her cell phone!!!...I managed to dial her number....and heard the jingle in the back seat of my car...*^&$^%#^()*&&%#@#%$^&*@$&*#...Smart child that she is, she called my husband (at work) from a pay phone and told him what the deal was...he called ME to tell me her location...but I could not get to that point directly and drove around and around a million one way streets, trying to figure out how to get there (later she told me how she saw me drive by a few times)...I was cursing, crying, praying...my poor son was saying, "Mom, you are really scaring me!" Yeah well I was scaring myself! Not to mention that my gas was running quite low...Finally, she called dh back, told him to tell me to just STOP anywhere, let her know the location and she would come to me...I stopped right on Broad St, in the heart of the city, and waited...DARING a cop to tell me to move..."Go ahead, make my day!" :fr: :eek: :nono: She finally got in the car...about 45 minutes after I first dropped her off...I didn't know whether to kill her or kiss her...and guess what??? I'm going back tomorrow!!!! AND back to work tomorrow night!

I'm still not sure what time yet tomorrow, sometime in the afternoon...I will give you a call when I know for sure, Michelle, maybe we can do a spur of the moment meeting, if you're not busy...I ended up getting off at your exit for gas and took the kids to the McDonalds across from Denny's...I would have called if I had had the presence of mind to bring your number in the first place and if my hair was not standing on end from pulling it out of my head!! So I scoffed a Quarter pounder with cheese instead! And fries...oh yeah.

Well...I'll be back...I have spent so much time here, sharing my tale of woe...I forgot I'd told my son that we'd watch "Harry Potter" tonight...he's been tapping his toes for a while now waiting for me...it's the least I can do, after scaring the crap out of him yesterday!

I really missed all of you and have lots of replies to catch up on...
so...as Gen MacArthur said...

I shall return...

SaraJoy
07-27-2002, 10:55 PM
Hi all! :wave:

See?! I told you I'd be back VERY soon. I was just taking a second to read a few of the posts...er... posted while I was away!:lol:

First off, I want to say congratulations to Michelle on her new medical billing job! :) Should I keep my fingers crossed for that better paying full-time job? It always nice to have more than one offer!

Susie... Wow! 70 pounds down is FANTASTIC! It takes a lot of will power and losing it slowly, as we all know, is the best way to do it in the long run! It's nice that your SIL is doing WW with you. It's good to be surrounded by ppl that are eating the same way as you; they don't put pressure on you, intentional or not, to eat in a manner you shouldn't be eating!

2Cute... I read the story you copied and posted about the bettle in the chocolate chips! It was absolutely disgusting... but I couldn't stop reading despite all the warnings to do so! :lol: :lol: I have to try using that imagery when I'm being tempted!

Thin... Have a good time up north! Talk to you later in the week!

Baylee... Where the heck are you kid? Is Malia still away too?

Ladies, come out, come out where ever you are!

TTFN

SaraJoy
07-27-2002, 10:58 PM
Kat... just wanted to say hi! We were posting at the same time. :dizzy:

Sounds like you could use a massage! Do you think your DH would be game? :)

Back soon,

katrinabgood
07-27-2002, 11:01 PM
Sara...my dh is snoring his little heart out as we speak...so much for a massage!

katrinabgood
07-28-2002, 03:36 AM
So, I see what you mean about the sparsity of posts! Well, it's the weekend, it's summer, people have lives, who knows? I like how we just fade in and out...some days you're here all the time, other days, not...but we always manage to get back here somehow...right, 2cute? I knew you wouldn't go far...I'm so happy for your dad...this will go a long way in boosting his confidence, AND his health, I'm sure.

Sara...I'm so glad you enjoyed the city, isn't it just an amazing place?...AND you managed to lose weight! That is awesome! Did you see a show?

Thin...I hope your trip up north is nice and relaxing...you deserve some R&R!! Hey, did you get that snazzy shot of your dh and the baboon's hiney?

Susie...that is wonderful...I am so proud of you...you are an inspiration! I have no doubt that you will reach your goal!!

Michelle...great news on the job! Still have my fingers crossed for mine...should know something this week...I have to admit that I am a struggling Flybaby too...I love FlyLady! She has made such a difference in my home and how I care for it...I have come a long way since subscribing...I don't read all the emails, Lucky...just the subject...it's enough to REMIND me...and then I delete them...I can't say enough good about her, so I'll stop...I could go on and on!

Ducky...I think if you want to get pregnant, establishing the good eating habits NOW, can only help later. Although you should not try to diet (lose weight) while pregnant, eating properly will help you not to gain so much. I gained about 75 lbs when I carried my daughter...:ink: I finally lost about 35 lbs 4 years later and got pregnant with my son! Second time around I gained less than 30 lbs because I was eating much better than before. It sounds like you are doing great, keep it up!

Lucky...Are there Dr's offices near or affiliated with the hospital? Or radiology suites, rehab offices, outpatient labs? They all need billers, or any workers, for that matter.
Hey! Is that a picture of you, up to your eyeballs in snow? I love snow, but that may be about 3 feet more than I'm willing to shovel!!!

Mary...thin is right, you ARE the social butterfly! How is the new job going? We are on a new job kick around here, aren't we? Change is good.

Baylee... are you having fun with grandkids this weekend? Hope all is well with you.

Malia...Please don't scamper off to Europe without telling us Auf Wiedersehen!

Tina baby...how is that good old family get together coming along? Bless you my child...stay sane....try....

I think that's everyone...I hope I didn't miss anyone...time for :yawn: for me...

Diet wise...another new day, new week, new diet is dawning for me...Time to get myself in gear...get serious...get losing! I will draw on the strength of all you LOSERS and get my butt moving!

See you all later...

:wave:

Grannie39074
07-28-2002, 10:41 AM
Good Morning all
Hope all of you are just peachy today.:D

Susie: Congrats on the 70 lb. loss thats great.

Katrina: The new job doesn't officially start till Thurs. but it is going fine I guess. I went shopping yesterday and bought some things to mix and match with what I already have. I got a nice pair of slacks. three tops and a denim skirt. So I won't have to go nacked.(Now thats a horrible thought):lol:
I do not do well driving in large cities either. Give me small towns any day.

Hope all the rest of you have a good day and I'll catch all of you later. I have to eat grab a bath and go buy food for next week.

LuckyLadyBug
07-28-2002, 11:12 AM
Yahoo Yippee Susie......you are doing great! :strong: :angel: :cp: :cb:

Kat, :lol: Aren't you thankful for cell phones!!!!! You would make a good cabby - racking up that fee for the time it takes to get somewhere!:fr:

It seems to be another hot and humid day here. I will never get that garden weeded.

LuckyLadyBug
07-28-2002, 11:15 AM
While going through some old papers I ran across this article. A thin person writes it. It is long so I will post it in “pieces”.

WHY DO WE EAT?

Reason Number 1: IF WE DO NOT EAT WE WILL DIE. ( I don’t believe this requires any further comment.)
Reason Number 2: The second reason we eat is equally simple but more interesting and does require closer examination.
Some years ago while working in my office the radio was playing in the background. It was an interview with a doctor (I believe) who had written a book on the subject of weight. I wasn’t listening closely but at one point he said something that grabbed my attention. He said that a rather extensive survey had been done examining people’s motivation for eating. The survey team had polled a group that was divided equally into 2 parts. The first group was comprised of people such as myself – people who had never had weight problems and had never dieted in their lives. The second group was made up of people who had persistent weight problems.
Now, his is what made me sit up and listen – One of the questions put to these groups was: “Why do we eat?” Before the doctor could give us results I knew exactly what they would be – and I was right. The resulting answers?

ALL of the skinny, no-diet, no problem, people gave precisely the same answer: “I eat because I am hungry”. Virtually all of the weight watchers gave a litany of different responses such as: “eating helps relieve my stress.” “Eating cheers me up.” “Eating calms me down.” “Eating helps me think more clearly.: Hunger may have entered into their answers at some point but it was NEVER the sole point, rarely the key point, and ALWAYS accompanied by some other consideration about what food is.

This is a critical point and worth repeating: By and large, skinny people eat only to satisfy their hunger.
And this is the second and final reason to eat: WE EAT TO SATIFY OUR HUNGER.
That’s it – there are no others. Survival and relieving hunger.
Maybe you will insist that eating really does relieve your stress, or does “cheer” you up. Well, okay. Eat. But I would ask you this. If you are not hungry does eating actually relieve your stress? If you are not hungry does it cheer you up? I doubt it. Ask yourself if the relief or cheer or whatever you experience is not really the relief of hunger. And if it is, read on.

The saga will continue…:)

Grannie39074
07-28-2002, 04:59 PM
Hi all
DH is cooking dinner tonight, one of his specialities He calls it Peteritoes. a cross between buritos and enchaladas they are wonderful.

SaraJoy
07-28-2002, 05:21 PM
Good afternoon ladies!

I'm just making a quick post in the spirit of keeping this thread alive and bustling... plus, I'm nearly dying of boredom! :)

I dunno, ever since arriving home from NYC I've been slightly in the dumps. You know when you're looking forward to something for a long time, then it's over and there's not anything else exciting planned in the near future for you to look forward to? I KNOW that question completely ignores the philosophy of life that I aspire to - enjoying each day for what it is - but... what can I do? :p

That said, I'm actually not doing too bad... just slightly blah. This too shall pass.

Kat... Yep. We did see a Broadway show. The Full Monty. It was pretty comical; I laughed a lot AND... to answer everyone's question before it's asked, they only get completely naked at the very end of the very last scene and the lights go so bright and then fade to black that you really can't see anything... much. :s:

ANYWAY... I should get my butt in gear and actually try and accomplish something today... like getting dressed. :o

See everyone soon and POST to relieve my boredom.

MichelleK
07-28-2002, 05:45 PM
Sara...thats why I come here...to beat the boredom thats why I need you all to post too! I have been trying to clean the house and get organized and finish up the laundry. Have one in the dryer and one in the washer left to do. I just finished clipping coupons, cleaning out my organizer and filing the new ones in. Talk about boring!! I just put chicken in the oven for dinner and have a hundred things to do but no ambition!

Mary sounds like a great dinner!

Kat...are you in philly? I was here waiting for your call...maybe next trip?? where about in Maine are you going to? I have been there several times. I have a friend who has a lakeside house in Bar harbor...can't get there from here...LOL Also, been to Kennebunkport, and the outlet stores up there..can't think of the name off the top of my head. Also have a friend who has land way up in Oakford Maine, in the boondocks! No man's land...where they hunt for bear! Philly scares me too but I've worked down in center city and have learned a bit here and there on how to get around. The city of Philadelphia is bigger than the state of Rhode Island! There are so many parts I wouldn't even venture into to! John grew up in Philly...his dad was Chief Inspector there for many years before retiring!

Lucky...hungry? whats that feel like?

Susie big congrats on that loss! I weighed today and stayed the same which is a relief! I had pizza hut pizza, wings and bread sticks last week and then friday we went to the bar and I had pizza and I was only going to drink diet coke but once some friends got there I ended up having 2 jolly ranchers and 2 shots so that blew my diet all to heck!

Well...I better get my little guy some dinner. He needs some attention after waking up from his nap!

TTFN Michelle

katrinabgood
07-28-2002, 08:47 PM
No trip to Philly today...we decided to let Amtrak do the driving this time around...I was going to drive her, but I have to go back to work tonight, which means I'd get very little sleep after driving a good four hours...so now I'll just sit and sweat til I get the call that she is back in her dorm, safe and sound. The train goes direct to Philly, but it's a LONG walk from the train station to the school, so she'll take a cab...Why am I such a nervous wreck? This is the same child I put on a plane when she was 10 years old...she flew to Las Vegas to visit her aunt and uncle. She barely gave a backwards glance while I was prostrate with grief...The train should be just arriving now...I think I'm having palpitations.

So Michelle...at least I know your whereabouts...we WILL get together one of these days, I'm sure!

About Maine...We are going to a place called Hapswell, Maine...Bar Harbor is a few hours North...we will be spending a few days in Bar Harbour first...will go to Acadia Nat'l Park, and we plan on taking a day cruise to Nova Scotia. Then we're spending a week in a rented house in Hapswell, it's on the southern coast. It's right on the water...looks nice from the pictures we've seen, but who knows? We did all arraingements on line. We had great success doing that for a trip to Cape Cod, let's hope this is just as nice.

Gotta go get some sleep. Like I'll be able to till I hear from her...

see y'all later

2cute2Bfat
07-28-2002, 11:07 PM
Here it is ... late Sunday night.
I just got home from my granddaughters birthdy celebration and happy to announce I stayed on program and did NOT eat any cake or ice cream. I didn't even miss it. As long as you stay away from the food and get into the people it is much easier.

My daughter and I had a WONDERFUL weekend together. Went to several garage sales and got lots of good deals. We went out to lunch and I stayed on program. We even went to the movies and I stayed away from the popcorn.

This morning we got up early and drove 2 hours to visit my parents and 2 hours home before going to the birthday party. There are only so many hours in a day... and you do what you have to do. We had a nice 4 hour visit withe my parents.. but their health is still not good.

Well.. I have not read a single post... so I am closing for now and going to go read for awhile. I hope all of you had a great weekend too. Oh yes... I got to weigh today... officially. I have lost 16 lbs since starting my low carb again.....for a grand total of 25 from my top weight. I don't ever intend to have to lose these pounds again. ;)

2cute2Bfat
07-29-2002, 01:55 AM
OH MY KAT !!!! What an ordeal you went through !!!! :eek:
I am glad it all worked out in the end. I would have been bawling and in hysterics probably. I live near a city of population of about 500,000 and I got lost in the downtown section... but I had all of my kids with me. I had the same problem... one way streets !!!!
Did your daughter make it back okay??

Michelle... have my fingers and toes crossed for you.

Sara... here I am... are you less bored now. :lol:
I know all too well about the "let down" after a vacation, or special event. You are right..."This too shall pass". The best cure is... plan another vacation. ;)

Mary.. a husband that cooks too... you lucky girl.
Don't work too hard. Hope you still like your new job.

Susie... CONGRATULAIONS !!!! 50 lbs ... how wonderful !!! And 70 for a total... AWESOME !!! Baby steps baby steps.... look how far you have come with your baby steps !!!! Do you have any before and after photos?

Thin... enjoy your trip. We will hold the fort down until your return.

Hope I didn't miss anyone !!!! I got some extra computer time because my daughter is watching a movie with her dad. Neither of them will miss me for a while. :s:

SaraJoy
07-29-2002, 02:15 AM
Hiddy-ho!

Just checking in to see who was nice enough to post and relieve my boredom!

2Cute... Plan another vacation, eh? :s: Money issues aside, sadly, it'll probably be a while before my hubby has some time off. Tomorrow (Monday) is actually the first day of that new job he got a few weeks back.

Oh yeah... my husband has a homepage where he posted a pic or two of us in NYC. Check it out--www.curiouscharacter.com.

See everyone in a bit!

prism
07-29-2002, 03:27 AM
Hi everyone,

I hope all of you are doing well. I survived a "centipede" invasion. These past two days have been cleaning my bedroom from top to bottom. A three incher crawled across my foot. I fogged on Saturday and cleaned walls, washed drapes, etc. Everything is clean. I feel satisfied even though my weekend disappeared. I took a break and saw Austin Powers. It was fun.

As diets go, my diet has been nonexistent. I've been walking. Breaking in walking shoes for my trip. It's pinching my big toe. I'm not sure if my mom's going to Europe with me. She has something wrong with her kidney. Everything has gone smoothly. After waiting forever the invoice came and it will be tough meeting the deadline with her doctor's visit. I wonder if I should go solo. Eight months of waiting. It's her fault, I noticed blood months ago and she denied it.

I'll hit the hay. Just alot tired.
Have a great Monday :fr:

wic
07-29-2002, 08:04 AM
Hello ladies, I have not forgotten you all. I tried to post tuesday b/4 I went back to work but something happened and the !@!$ computer didn't post my reply. Well it's nice to know that you are still here, I really need you all. Like I said it is really great to find this web site. I really need to talk with those on the same weight loss journey as myself.

Quick update on me.... I went back to work, after having 6 days off last tuesday. Took salad to eat for lunch, went to put it in the fridge, and:fr: what do I see, CHEESECAKE, slammed the door so hard I thought It would fall off the hinges. I had a co-worker get my salad out of the fridge for lunch. I don't know if I told you all that I work nights? But, I managed to get through that night with out cheating. Work is hard because someone always brings in food to eat.

Thursday night it was temptation with fried chicken! I really believe the devil is behind all of this:devil: . I could eat fried chicken and cheesecake until they would have to get a crane to lift me out of my house!!!!!!!!! But I was able to resist the temptation:) .

Friday Night I had a complete melt down at work, all because I had a little spat with my hubby. I walked In to the nurses station and I found a Chocolate-marble Pound cake , just waiting to soothe me after the upset drive that I had to work:( . I have got to find something ease to do besides eat when I'm upset.:?: But even though I had a little slice of the cake I still ate all of my lunch, salad and all:D . And get this I didn't want anymore cake after I ate my lunch, go figure:smug:

Saturday Night was crazy, soooooo busy, women having blessed events every five minutes it seemed like!!!!! I ended up having ten babies by the nights end. I was so stressed, but I didn't even want to cheat, even though everyone else was snacking on junk because no one had time to to take a lunch. I took 15 minutes, sat down and ate my salad and roast:D . If I keep acting like this I might just make it to gaol this time!!!!!

I was off Sunday Night, and boy was I whipped from those 4 nights at the ole' newborn nursery!!! I ususally reserve sunday as the day I allow myself to have what ever I want to eat, but get this I didn't even want anything fatting:smug: . I was feeling so proud of myself for the weekend at work. I honestly believe if I can pass up fried chicken and cheesecake that I CAN DO THIS!! I have a goal to get to pre-pregnancy weight by spring 2003.

I weighed about 130 lbs. b/4 I was pregnant with my son 9 years ago. I don't weigh myself so I will just have to go by clotheing size. Right now I'm wearing a Lane Bryant 14/16. Thanks for being here to listen to my dieting delemas:) . I have tonight off and back to work tuesaday night, so I try to post again b/4 going back to work. wic

Grannie39074
07-29-2002, 08:43 AM
Quick post. I have a stye on my left eye. It hurts like heck.
Work is going fine have to go get ready. check in later.

katrinabgood
07-29-2002, 09:45 AM
Geez, one night back and you feel like you never left! What a miserable bunch of people I work with...say a prayer I hear about my new job this week...

My daughter made it back to school, all in one piece. I am not usually such a nervous Nellie...but with all the horrible stories about kidnappings these days, anything is possible. Give me strength!

2cute, you are on a roll, woman! I am so proud of you and happy for you success! Sounds like you and yur daughter had a grand time...

Malia...oh my, centipedes! :eek: Yikes! I hope you don't miss your trip...My son and dh saw Austin Powers last night...I wanted to go, but opted for sleep instead...they both liked it! Some parts of the other two movies were a bit raunchy for an 11 year old, but he was more interested in the potty humor than the sex jokes...

wic...I'm a hospital night owl too! Hopefully, though, not for much longer. Good job resisting temptation...I know how the treats are at the old nurses stations! Very hard to resist, especially when you're having a stressful night...good for you!

Sarajoy...I couldn't open up that website...I was looking forward to checking you guys out! I love to see if the pics match the image in my mind! (We had a whole discussion about this once before...someone thought I was a wild redhead!...Nah...I'm just a wild mousy brown/dirty blonde, though I am willing to try!)

Lucky and Baylee, I was reading about Minnesota in US News and World Report yesterday...it sounds lovely and serene, I'd love to see it some day...you betcha! With all those lakes though, are there lots of mosquitoes? BTW, Baylee, where are you???

Uh oh...I'm dozing...my cue to leave...back later...

Duckie25
07-29-2002, 11:03 AM
Hello Lady's:p

I had the most horible night last night, my neighbor's decided to party all night long and had there music just booming. There's nothing worse than trying to sleep and all you can hear is boom, boom boom, and then they decided to make a fire in there firepit, and that's right outside our bedroom window, so the flickering flames and there horsing around was to much, I've been up since 2 am. I finally called the police at 4am and made a complaint, but this is a small town and they don't have 24 hour patrol, so he said he'd go talk to them sometime today. So I had to get up at 5:30am, and they were still partying when I finally pulled myself out of bed. The guys that live their are all single and they've done this a couple of times now, seems like it's becoming more frequent. And get this, just as I was leaving for work they turned down the music and half of them went to work, these guys where up all night drinking and they all work for an oilfield driving big trucks, talk about stupid. I hope there boss's smell the booze on them.:devil:

Also, I think I made a big mistake, I went and got a dog yesterday, it belonged to one of the guys I work with. He's a beautiful red Chow Chow, but I think he's been beatin, or hasn't been around people to much, he's very timid and try's to hide when you go to pet him, once you start petting him he sits there and lets you, hasn't growled or barked at us, he's one year's old, do you think he's to old to warm up to us, I don't want to have a dog tied on a chain all day long, I was hoping we could go for walks and he can run around and play with my son. Don't know much about training dogs, guess I'll have to read some books.

Anyways, the dieting hasn't been to bad, sounds like alot of you are on the right track way to go on any loss's. I'm so tired I should go get some work done, and maybe find a corner to grab some ZZZZZ's

2cute2Bfat
07-29-2002, 12:39 PM
STOP !!!!! Do not post here. !!!

Instead come join us in our new ongoing thread... #195
See you all there. :wave: