Games - It's NBA Time

View Full Version : It's NBA Time

EZMONEY
10-24-2009, 01:06 AM
Well another basketball season is about to start...

We all know the LAKERS will win it all again.....;)

Will your team come in 2nd?

harrismm
10-24-2009, 08:48 AM
LOL....I was at the Celtics / Nets game in Jersey on the 13th.Pre season....but still amazing.Had tickets on the floor.Sat next to KG, Ray Allen and Paul Pierce.Talked to them the whole game!!!Was a blast!Anyway.....cant wait to start watching some B Ball.Wallace and Rondo looked really good....Hope they all stay injury free!!!!Go Big Green:)

EZMONEY
10-24-2009, 09:04 AM
NIIIICE HARASSME.....

Years ago there was an exhibition in San Diego. Lakers against Sonics...we were front row!! Got hit with sweat and everything! I remember the tickets were $75....very expensive then....1990, I think it was....

funnycanadiangirl
10-25-2009, 07:31 AM
haha, as a Canadian, I should cheer for the Raptors.... but let's get real. Waste of time!

I've been a Pistons fan for as long as I can remember, and I stuck with them after they traded Billups, but I'm really struggling to get behind the team without Rasheed Wallace. Sigh.

Going to see the Raptors v. Wizards in December. Sitting in the nosebleeds, because really - how much are you going to pay to see those teams go at it? ;)

harrismm
10-25-2009, 11:06 AM
FCG-LOL.Always fun to see a game though.Rasheed looks good with the Celtics.....................:)

heidiruth
10-25-2009, 10:41 PM
oh yeah ezmoney lets go lakers. had a great pre-season only a sign of whats to come!!

Slashnl
10-27-2009, 01:31 PM
I heard some sports guys on the radio trying to decide just how many games the Lakers will win. :rolleyes:

Let's go Nuggets!!!!
I have been to a couple of games. Even got to be in the "luxury boxes". Fun times!

Fressca
10-27-2009, 01:53 PM
haha, as a Canadian, I should cheer for the Raptors.... but let's get real. Waste of time!

I've been a Pistons fan for as long as I can remember, and I stuck with them after they traded Billups, but I'm really struggling to get behind the team without Rasheed Wallace. Sigh.

Going to see the Raptors v. Wizards in December. Sitting in the nosebleeds, because really - how much are you going to pay to see those teams go at it? ;)

Okay, so they're not the Lakers... but still, Raptors all the way, baby!!! I have such a soft spot for Jose Calderon...

(And my son just today received his custom-made Kobe shoes!)

EZMONEY
10-27-2009, 06:19 PM
Yep....there is a lot of talk that the LAKERS will win a bazillion games...

so much pressure from the start but I am sure they are used to that...

can't wait to see if Shaq helps or hurts Lebron's chances this year of going all the way....

Shaq is a funny guy...but the talk is getting old...real old....

Kobe will lead the way again for the LAKERS...

Shaq just hates that...

Good luck everyone!

TONIGHT!!!

harrismm
10-27-2009, 08:51 PM
Yeah NBA!!!!!!Im a die hard Celtics fan but i can find many players I like on several teams.Watched Sir Charles on Letterman last night.His top five....Cavs, Lakers, Celtics , San Antonio, Orlando.............Should be a great season!!!!!

Slashnl
10-27-2009, 10:29 PM
Gary, what do you hear about the Clippers? I heard they might be good, too. I sure do miss Camby!

harrismm
10-28-2009, 03:14 AM
Yeah Celtics...I love watching Rondo play!

EZMONEY
10-28-2009, 08:44 AM
I loved watching the LAKERS get their rings last night :carrot:

Watched the game off and on between "communicating" and watching Biggest Loser with Angie....

love that remote tool and dvr...being able to stop live TV....

Saw a lot of the Cavs vs Celtics....Shaq didn't look like the fix...but they will be good of course....Lebron could probably make the play-offs with my son's adult rec league team...

Looks like Boston will be easy for us this year....;)

DIANE The Clippers gave quite a fight last night and that was w/o their new awesome rookie Blake Griffin...out for around 20 games with a knee injury...I think they are expected to lead the bottom half of the West teams...very possible play-off pick...well...before Blake got hurt....we shall see.

Slashnl
10-30-2009, 03:23 PM
Nuggets 2-0. Good start!

EZMONEY
10-31-2009, 08:53 AM
Wow did the LAKERS get crushed last night...so much for all that talk of winning 73 games and breaking the Bulls record!

cavs not looking too good either...

looks like the celtics may be the team to beat...hummm...nah....

harrismm
10-31-2009, 11:09 AM
LOL....I dont know....KGs knee worries me!

harrismm
11-03-2009, 11:55 AM
Go Rondo....great contract:)

EZMONEY
11-03-2009, 08:59 PM
We sure could use Pau Gasol in LAKERLAND...dang hamstrings

harrismm
11-04-2009, 12:23 AM
EZ-I agree.ALways cracks me up to see final predictions in October....are you kidding me???Look at the Celtics last year....thanks a lot KG!!!:) I hope they all stay healthy, but you and I know better.

Slashnl
11-04-2009, 12:15 PM
Gosh, so true. If we go with what the "experts" say, we should just hand over the trophy and forget the rest of the season. Drives me crazy.

Nuggets are doing well! 4-0 so far!

EZMONEY
11-05-2009, 08:54 AM
Back to back OT games...wins....gonna take it's toll on us...

really need Gasol back....

Slashnl
11-06-2009, 05:16 PM
Oh boy! 5-0 now. Love my Nuggets.
We play Miami tonight.

EZMONEY
11-06-2009, 05:27 PM
LAKERS are w/o Bynum and Gasol tonight against Memphis...

really need those guys

harrismm
11-06-2009, 10:36 PM
Early season injuries...not a good sign.I dislike no team or player enough to enjoy seeing them out with an injury.Here is to quick recoveries!!Oh and btw....GO BIG GREEN!!!:)

EZMONEY
11-07-2009, 12:20 PM
Never enjoy seeing athletes injured...always want to beat the best...

Another 41 for Kobe ....still have Odom and Fisher but our bench is struggling again this year already.

Slashnl
11-08-2009, 08:24 AM
Nuggets had a good start to the year, but have lost 2 in a row now. I didn't get to see the games, so I'm not sure what the problem is right now. Dang.

funnycanadiangirl
11-10-2009, 03:20 AM
Okay, so they're not the Lakers... but still, Raptors all the way, baby!!! I have such a soft spot for Jose Calderone...

I DO love Calderon. He's definitely the highlight of the team for me. Plus he's SO adorable. Exceptional team player. How is he not an All-Star? He's on my do-not-heckle list while we're at the game!

I used to have a massive soft spot for Bargnani, but there's too much heartbreak there. I need some consistency!

EZMONEY
11-10-2009, 07:22 PM
Well it looks like Gasol is still out and Bynum is back...

this will take a toll on Kobe since the bench is up to no good...

Slashnl
11-11-2009, 11:08 AM
What a game last night with the Bulls. I saw the Bulls take the last shot and go ahead of the Nuggets... ticked me off... turned the channel. Then, I found out this morning that they reviewed the shot and he didn't shoot it in time to beat the buzzer, so Nuggets win. Yay. (I guess I need some patience! ha!)

EZMONEY
11-15-2009, 08:03 AM
Out of touch here a bit because of the bilateral hernia surgery...but...

crawling in to congratulate Diane on the butt whopping the other night...

8 points in the 3rd quarter...ouch...

Slashnl
11-15-2009, 12:51 PM
Out of touch here a bit because of the bilateral hernia surgery...but...

crawling in to congratulate Diane on the butt whopping the other night...

8 points in the 3rd quarter...ouch...

Glad your surgery is over and you are on the mend.

I was pretty darn happy with that game, but really surprised.