Games - You've Got To Be Kidding Me Baseball Thread

Pages : [1] 2

EZMONEY
10-23-2009, 11:58 PM
Here we go TEAM...

closed down another one...

this outta get us through the World Series!

Clydegirl
10-24-2009, 12:20 AM
And then it will all be over until Spring Training :(

I miss it already.

Sweetcaroline
10-24-2009, 01:04 AM
Weather people are saying they would be surprised if the game gets played at all... lots of rain and wind is forecasted... sounds like a repeat of last weekend... and it was fine ...

EZMONEY
10-24-2009, 01:18 AM
A rain out would keep me from switching back and forth from the USC game...

BillBlueEyes
10-24-2009, 02:33 PM
The season is over; da fat lady done sung.

Is this the winter baseball thread? Where we swap players and seek outrageous contracts?

Sweetcaroline
10-24-2009, 04:05 PM
no Bill, its a fantasy league thread... lol

EZMONEY
10-24-2009, 05:10 PM
Is BILL trying to say...in a round about way...we should not have ANYTHING to do with those damn yankees?

cinderpa
10-24-2009, 06:51 PM
Don't be hatin' :D

EZMONEY
10-24-2009, 08:56 PM
We're not hatin' here CINDERPA...

if Angels don't make it most of us will be pulling for Philly....

funnycanadiangirl
10-24-2009, 08:59 PM
Yeah, yeah... Let's go Phillies!

momto3kittiess
10-24-2009, 09:29 PM
I love my Phils!!!!! :D

Stepping Out
10-24-2009, 10:16 PM
3 Threads in one season..and they say baseball isn't the national pastime anymore ;)!

Gary, I'll be pulling for your Angels :angel: tomorrow. They can do this..remember the 2004 Sox :D

Barring that, I'll be rooting for the Phillies in the WS ;), and looking forward to another great baseball season :cheer2:

Sweetcaroline
10-24-2009, 11:06 PM
:rain: rained out...
So now its Pats at 1pm... Baseball at 7pm... I love October !

EZMONEY
10-25-2009, 12:50 AM
Who woke up all these PHILLIE PHANS?

Clydegirl
10-25-2009, 12:55 AM
Where did these people come from?

I see the new Yankee stadium has cracks in it!!

cinderpa
10-25-2009, 11:25 AM
But I'm a huge Yankees fan too. I'll be in a real dilemma :(

Clydegirl
10-25-2009, 07:35 PM
Just announced Mark McGwire will be the new hitting coach for the Cardinals.

EZMONEY
10-26-2009, 09:41 AM
Interesting move there BIG BIRD....

damn yankees

Clydegirl
10-26-2009, 10:45 AM
They needed someone new. Tony LaRussa will be back as well.

Sorry about your Angels Gary.

momto3kittiess
10-26-2009, 02:48 PM
Yankees vs Phillies....

Sweetcaroline
10-26-2009, 05:50 PM
Go Phillies...

EZMONEY
10-26-2009, 07:15 PM
What's going on here?

Didn't BILL say the baseball season was over?

I think we need to show our respect.

momto3kittiess
10-26-2009, 09:34 PM
What's going on here?

Didn't BILL say the baseball season was over?

I think we need to show our respect.

I am confused?

Clydegirl
10-26-2009, 10:27 PM
I am confused?

All us old-timers on here are out of the picture now when it comes to our beloved game.

We will have to watch the Yankees :mad: play the Phillies :(

Oh well maybe next year ;)

Good luck to both teams. I think I'd rather the Phillies win even though it would mean they would be winners 2 years running.

momto3kittiess
10-26-2009, 10:51 PM
All us old-timers on here are out of the picture now when it comes to our beloved game.

We will have to watch the Yankees :mad: play the Phillies :(

Oh well maybe next year ;)

Good luck to both teams. I think I'd rather the Phillies win even though it would mean they would be winners 2 years running.

Oh, I understand. I think it would be pretty cool for Philly to win it twice in a row..Never happened to them before :D

EZMONEY
10-26-2009, 10:55 PM
I am confused?

For THE NATION the baseball season was over after the Angels won...

For BIG BIRD the season was over after the DODGERS won...

For DIANE the season was over when the phillies won

for me the season was over 90% when the phillies won and the other 10% when the yankees won...

add it all up ....

Red Sox + Rockies + Cardinals + Dodgers + Angels = season over...

it's really just simple math ;)

Clydegirl
10-26-2009, 11:18 PM
Cool math :cool:

Slashnl
10-27-2009, 02:28 PM
Sad math...

Go Phillies!

BTW, did you see that Rockies Manager, Jim Tracy, was named NL manager of the year!?? I think that was very appropriate!

Sweetcaroline
10-27-2009, 07:16 PM
========== :smoking: old timers.... ?
I'd prefer 'seasoned thread participants' please... :D

EZMONEY
10-27-2009, 07:24 PM
old timers....the nerve...

Jim Tracy...saw that one coming...ANOTHER ex-Dodger done good....

Clydegirl
10-27-2009, 08:33 PM
========== :smoking: old timers.... ?
I'd prefer 'seasoned thread participants' please... :D

Now that made me laugh.

Seasoned thread participants :lol3: :lol3:

Clydegirl
10-27-2009, 08:43 PM
So my fellow thread participants who is your pick for the World Series.

I'm going with the Phillies in 6.

EZMONEY
10-27-2009, 10:08 PM
PHILLIES of course....we only lose to the best!

Slashnl
10-27-2009, 11:26 PM
I'd love to see the Phillies win, but I'm afraid that it will be the Yankees in 6.

Note to self: How did I get to be in the "seasoned" category?

BillBlueEyes
10-28-2009, 06:37 AM
Note to self: How did I get to be in the "seasoned" category?

<sigh> . . . denial is the only option to aging . . . and it's a great choice.

Much as it sticks in my throat, Yanquees in seven.

[Seasoned warrior here.]

EZMONEY
10-28-2009, 09:35 AM
This old timer could use some seasoning...

The experts in the Los Angeles Times have picked the yankees in 7

Guess they read BILL'S prediction...

they are also the ones that picked the Cardinals in 3....couldn't even through their home team a bone....

Slashnl
10-28-2009, 10:53 AM
Well at least it finally gets started tonight!

EZMONEY
10-28-2009, 06:20 PM
Well I guess our chances of being able to afford a front line free agent pitcher is down the crapper...following is a list of some of what our owners wife wants in the divorce....

according to TMZ....

First off, Jamie lists the date of separation as July 6, 2009. Here are some of the things Jamie is demanding in the settle with husband Frank:

- travel by private jet
- 5 star hotel accommodations
- travel expenses - Unlimited
- business dinners 5 nights per week
- business lunches 5 days per week
- making Dodger Legends available for events without charge
- access to team doctors for McCourt family members
- access to the owner’s suite for Dodger home games and non-baseball events at the stadium
- Tickets to All-Star games and playoff games — even if the Dodgers aren’t playing
- a pass to all National League games

That’s not even the best part.
Jamie lists her living expenses as $488,928. Per month.

With the McCourts leveraged to the absolute hilt, those requests and figures are dubious at best. Most of the couple’s net worth is tied up with the team, as Frank sold off his Boston parking lot empire in order to pay off the loan he took out to buy the team. I’m not saying the McCourts don’t live like royalty, they most certainly do, but a good portion of their “living expenses” likely go to servicing loans to support their opulent lifestyles.

dang...can't we just all get along until after we win another WORLD SERIES?....dang

Clydegirl
10-28-2009, 07:10 PM
Almost half a million per month, wow.

Do they have any children? Didn't see any expenses for kids.

EZMONEY
10-28-2009, 07:21 PM
I believe they have one adult son that has some capacity in the organization.

It looks like even with a settlement like that she may need food stamps to survive....

Sweetcaroline
10-28-2009, 08:13 PM
Hmmm... I've decided to be a baseball lover instead of a Yankee hater... I'd like to see Mariano Rivera win it and be able to retire on top.
Yankees in 6... 'ouch'... Gary, promise me you'll bury the evidence...

I used to love you Andre' but you're not my one in a million anymore

EZMONEY
10-28-2009, 08:22 PM
I agree SWEET-C...

maybe the 60's weren't that bad after all for the "junK"....

Sweetcaroline
10-28-2009, 08:42 PM
I agree SWEET-C...

maybe the 60's weren't that bad after all for the "junK"....

It just kills me to think he was doing that crap... and you may as well just stab me in the heart thinking he came out with this now to sell a blastard book !

BillBlueEyes
10-28-2009, 09:47 PM
Hold the fort. I just read that she might have been playing footsies with her bodyguard.

Could this be so?

Isn't there a third base coach that tells you when it's OK to keep going?

Clydegirl
10-28-2009, 10:15 PM
So will Bay be staying with the Sox?

Who's going to sign Holliday? I don't think he will be playing here.

So we need a left-fielder.

EZMONEY
10-28-2009, 10:41 PM
Well BILL he was supposed to guard her body... maybe she needed full coverage...

I read that the NATION will not keep Jason Bay...$$$$

Gossip says the Yankees will go after Holliday...gossip....

Sweetcaroline
10-28-2009, 10:48 PM
A very good source says J-Bay will be a staying right here in Boston... Theo will just have to cough up some more dough... I have had nightmares of him going to the Yankees...

Pedro starting tomorrow night, that's always good for a WS memory or two..

EZMONEY
10-28-2009, 10:51 PM
Maybe since the NATION just lost their assistant GM to the padres they have a little extra cash around...

Clydegirl
10-29-2009, 12:20 AM
Phillies looking good. They always play a hard nine.

Cliff Lee great night on the mound.

momto3kittiess
10-29-2009, 12:40 AM
Phillies looking good. They always play a hard nine.

Cliff Lee great night on the mound.

Lee was awesome!

EZMONEY
10-29-2009, 10:00 AM
back to the baseball that is important...

BIG BIRD...I read this morning that the Dodger owners have 4 children...I assume all adults...have never seen them in any pictures.

Sweetcaroline
10-29-2009, 06:17 PM
Maybe since the NATION just lost their assistant GM to the padres they have a little extra cash around...

Gary, you just scared the :censored: out of me... I thought I was way out of the loop of the Nation... I didn't even know who Hoyer was ... He was only around for a short time... whew....

Sweetcaroline
10-29-2009, 06:21 PM
Can't wait to see Pedro..

EZMONEY
10-29-2009, 07:01 PM
Here is a story you may enjoy SWEET-C.... I read it on espn today...written by the awesome Rick Reilly ~

If image really is everything, why would Andre Agassi admit in his new book that he used crystal meth? Not once but dozens of times? And why would he admit he lied about it to the Association of Tennis Professionals?

Why would a son admit how much he feared his Iranian father -- feared him and hated him since the age of 7? And why -- why! -- would a man admit he wore perhaps the world's only Mohawk toupee?

Why? Because this isn't just any book.

This is Agassi's mea culpa -- "Open" (from Knopf, written with Pulitzer Prize winner J.R. Moehringer) -- and from the beginning, he and Moehringer set out to write the most revealing, literate and toes-stompingly honest sports autobiography in history. From the parts I've been allowed to read, they might have done it.

"I just tell people, this book is honest," says Agassi, who worked with Moehringer for a full year, meeting nearly daily at the Las Vegas house Agassi once lived in with Brooke Shields. "It lives up to the title. It's my life, for better or worse. Get ready, buckle up, and keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times."

"Open" is the story of a flawed man who sees everybody's imperfections, but none more than his own. It's the tale of a man who knows how low he sunk if only because of the grand view he has now.

Agassi's early life was not his, never his, not from the beginning, not from the time his Olympic boxer father built a backyard prison especially for him, a tennis court he was figuratively chained to day after day, while his father's homemade ball machine -- the dragon, Agassi called it -- ceaselessly spit out balls faster, harder, forever.

Agassi bucked against tennis like a horse with a two-sizes-too-small bit. But he could not escape it. And so his life became a kind of lie, from his shoelace groundstrokes to his Mohawk, a hairpiece that once came apart in the shower before the French Open. The day was saved by bobby pins.

Your own life is hard enough. Living somebody else's life for them weighs on a man like a stone backpack. By 1997 -- even after winning an Olympic gold medal in 1996 -- Agassi was down, depressed and stuck playing a game he didn't love. He was physically wrecked (wrist) and emotionally spent. He was with the wrong woman -- Shields -- and knew it.

He'd sunk to No. 141 in the world. He recalls that he was sitting at home when his assistant, Slim, introduced him to one of the most addictive substances known to man:

Slim says, You want to get high with me?

On what?

Gack.

What the ****'s gack?

Crystal meth.

Why do they call it gack?

Because that's the sound you make when you're high. Make you feel like Superman, dude.

As if they're coming out of someone else's mouth, I hear these words: You know what? F*** it. Yeah. Let's get high.

Agassi pulled himself out of the French Open that year and hardly practiced for Wimbledon. That fall, it got worse. The ATP informed him at the end of 1997 that he'd flunked a drug test. He would likely be looking at a three-month suspension. He would probably lose all his endorsements and most of his fans.

What to do? Keep lying.

Agassi admits he wrote a letter to the ATP saying Slim accidentally "spiked" his drink, that it was not his fault. The ATP dropped the flunked test, with no discipline for Agassi. He admits in the book he felt "ashamed."

It was the lowest point in a life that would suddenly begin to soar. You can condemn Agassi all you want for the crystal meth -- and he'd deserve it -- but remember, Agassi dropped the habit soon after. Then, in 1998, he made the biggest one-year jump into the Top 10 in the history of the ATP Rankings, going from his year-end 122 to No. 6. He'd win five of his eight major titles after finding the bottom.

They call Agassi the greatest returner in history. They aren't kidding.

We all know what became of the showy, glitzy kid with all that fake hair and real talent. He shaved his hair off. He started being real. He learned to love tennis, and tennis learned to love him. The kid who never got past the ninth grade in school wound up funding and running the prestigious Andre Agassi College Preparatory Academy in Las Vegas. The man who couldn't find the right woman finally married the one everybody wanted -- tennis goddess Steffi Graf. And the son who hated his father learned to love him and his own two kids.

Why is Agassi so scorchingly honest in these excerpts? Maybe because he once lived enough lies for five men. Or maybe because, as an educator, he's heard the truth can set him free.

But hopefully, by the time you close "Open," you'll know that this book is about more than the wrong turns he took. It's about how that broken road led him straight to the good man he is now.

Sweetcaroline
10-29-2009, 10:49 PM
Thank you Gary, I definitely needed to see that aspect of this story...
I remember reading about Andre and his dad and the brutal practice sessions, but it was always made to sound like the typical dedicated dad and stardom bound son saga... I won't buy into the parent-bashing, but Reilly has once again stopped me in my tracks and made me look both ways... What a great piece.... perfect timing for me as its been on my mind all day...--------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry.... Back to baseball................ great pitching again tonight.. wouldn't it be great if Phillies took both of these games.... who's with me ?
I need a little Pedro drama though......
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you guys here about Cliff Lee getting to the game last night, first in a cab, then subway, nobody recognized him... someone had to come out and get him at the street.... he got there at 6:20pm.... game started at 7:30... cool... very cool....

Clydegirl
10-29-2009, 11:30 PM
I have always liked Andre Agassi. He hit rock bottom and climbed his way back up.

Cliff Lee cool guy. He made me laugh last night. He was having such a great time during the game.

Slashnl
10-30-2009, 10:05 AM
Well, tied up! On to Philly!

EZMONEY
10-30-2009, 10:08 AM
Yep...a good game...'til Pedro ran out of gas...

Sweetcaroline
10-31-2009, 08:47 PM
Rain Rain Go Away....:rain:
Come Back as Snow Another Day...

Enjoy the game everyone.. :corn:

Clydegirl
10-31-2009, 11:18 PM
This is going to be a long game.

Sweetcaroline
10-31-2009, 11:24 PM
I had to shut it off... the whistles the Philly fans have are driving me crazy... it hurts my ears....... ouch... I'm just checking on it now and again...:mad:

Clydegirl
10-31-2009, 11:39 PM
A-Rod 2 run home run after an appeal. Hit the camera.

Clydegirl
10-31-2009, 11:40 PM
I've not noticed the whistles.

Never mind there they are. Yip hear them now.

Slashnl
11-01-2009, 09:49 AM
Dang. Hope the Phillies win the next one to keep it interesting!

EZMONEY
11-01-2009, 09:57 AM
I was able to see the final 3 innings...damn yankees

Deana
11-01-2009, 04:38 PM
My prediction is Yankees in Game 6. I have to admit the Phillies have turned out to be formidable opponents. Ahhh the found memories of watching the Yankees play in the Bronx. I heart them! :-)

Slashnl
11-02-2009, 12:57 PM
Well, the Phillies are banking on Cliff Lee (it is Cliff, isn't it?) to save them. I hope he can.

Sweetcaroline
11-02-2009, 09:05 PM
C'mon Philly make it interesting please.... Make them sweat it a bit...
urghhh... Yanks just scored... Darn you Johnny Damon ..
I'm outta here, ova and out folks ......

EZMONEY
11-02-2009, 09:26 PM
Come on back SWEET-C...there is plenty of game left and the Phillies are up..

but what an at bat by Johnny Damon yesterday and stolen bases...wow!!! OUTSTANDING...and I so dislike those damn yankees...I do I really really do!

credit where credit is do....Johnny Damon is the MAN...at least for last night...

Sweetcaroline
11-02-2009, 11:25 PM
I'm back.... I didn't mean I was going away till Spring... lol... I plan to bug all of you all Winter...
Yes... Johnny Damon has had a great series... there will always be a little 'Damon' in the hearts of the Nation...
You know what though ?......... I want a Philly Cheesesteak soooo bad its killing me..... Mr. Buck keeps showing the food ........

BILL.... You OK ???

BillBlueEyes
11-03-2009, 06:37 AM
Waving. Yep, I'm fine. My brain apparently doesn't believe in this daylight savings thing, so staying up for to watch the WS isn't in the cards.

EZMONEY
11-03-2009, 08:51 AM
Way to go Phillies...

now those yankees can win at home as....THE CROWD GOES WILD!!!!

or maybe...just maybe....

lose 3 in a row

as the crowd goes silent....

one can dream can't they?

Clydegirl
11-03-2009, 09:25 AM
Well the Yankees pitching is not so good. Everyone on short rest.

So maybe the Phillies can tie it up and go to game 7.

Slashnl
11-03-2009, 12:10 PM
I'd love to see a game 7. Keep going, Phillies! (We can dream, can't we?)

Sweetcaroline
11-03-2009, 12:46 PM
That was a great 9th... At this point anything could happen.
If Yanks get it, it might as well be at home...
If it goes 7, it will be blow on your hands COLD ! 30's ??

momto3kittiess
11-03-2009, 09:45 PM
The Phils can do it! I have Phaith!!!! :carrot:

EZMONEY
11-03-2009, 09:54 PM
If Reggie Jackson is Mr. October...

can Chase Utley become Mr. November?

Clydegirl
11-03-2009, 10:54 PM
Chase Utley is looking good out there.

Sweetcaroline
11-03-2009, 11:20 PM
Absolutely agree with Utley being a w e s o m e.... he's been so much fun to watch... You almost expect a homer when he comes up... Tomorrow night will be fun...... Have they named pitching yet... I haven't looked...
I heard ? Pedro vs. Pettitte... Back in the day that was quite the battle...

Oh boy, I just looked and it is Pedro vs. Pettitte...

EZMONEY
11-03-2009, 11:23 PM
It sure was SWEET-C

Slashnl
11-04-2009, 01:16 PM
Can they do it? Can we go to a game 7? That would be FUN!

Sweetcaroline
11-04-2009, 09:08 PM
Oh... this is going to be a good one.... Pedro is still such a character.. wants a new ball after the very first pitch of the game... lol

Sweetcaroline
11-04-2009, 09:37 PM
I guess I'll say it tonight just in case.... I hate the network announcers... are they rooting for the Yankees or what !!!

EZMONEY
11-04-2009, 09:52 PM
yep

Sweetcaroline
11-04-2009, 11:07 PM
{caroline is listening to the fat lady clear her throat..}
:queen: doe-rey-me-fa-so-la-te-doe....

EZMONEY
11-04-2009, 11:10 PM
I think I'll change the channel to Judge Judy

EZMONEY
11-05-2009, 09:56 AM
So a dh gets the MVP

Wish my team would buy a championship!

I would have no problem with it!

None at all.

Clydegirl
11-05-2009, 10:42 AM
Now the fun begins.

Free Agency.

Slashnl
11-05-2009, 01:05 PM
Kills me... a DH getting MVP. Whatever.
Then I heard someone on the Yankees say, "Everyone doubted us, but we perservered and won". What? Who doubted that the most overpaid team would have a good chance of winning?

Sour grapes here.

Sweetcaroline
11-05-2009, 08:51 PM
Damon and Sabbathia were robbed...

It will be quite a weekend in NY, with the parade and the commissioning of the USS NY... wow... parade might be bad timing with the events at Ft. Hood

Slashnl
11-06-2009, 06:17 PM
parade might be bad timing with the events at Ft. Hood

Good point. I hadn't thought of that.

EZMONEY
11-06-2009, 06:55 PM
After our owner pays his soon to be ex-wife off....

I am afraid there will be no $$$ left for a starting pitcher

Sweetcaroline
11-09-2009, 06:02 PM
No... No... and No... I won't be a thread killer...

We've have a long cold snowy Winter of trades and injuries to discuss...

Slashnl
11-09-2009, 07:15 PM
We could talk about Lincecum's extra curricular activities...

EZMONEY
11-09-2009, 08:13 PM
As long as it slows his fastball down it is fine with me...actually, since he is a giant I hope his career goes up in smoke..

or he becomes one of my guys...!

EZMONEY
11-09-2009, 08:15 PM
Oh yeah...Manny exercised his option to come back for $20 million...

funny I remember last year when we were so worried he wouldn't be a DODGER....

what a difference a year makes....

Clydegirl
11-09-2009, 09:05 PM
So glad to see this is still going.

I have no-one to talk to.

Big question here where is Holliday going to end up?

EZMONEY
11-09-2009, 09:07 PM
the "little" rumor going around is the Yankees...if he doesn't come back to St. Louis...

Clydegirl
11-09-2009, 09:54 PM
I've been hearing a lot of talk about the Giants as well as the Yankees.

Slashnl
11-10-2009, 11:58 AM
Wish he were back with the Rockies, but we can't afford him.

Clydegirl
11-10-2009, 02:20 PM
Not a lot of teams can with Scott Boras for an agent.

Clydegirl
11-16-2009, 09:41 PM
Where's my baseball buddies?

Big award week. Who's going to get the Cy-Young?

Carp, Waino or Lincecum?

Slashnl
11-17-2009, 01:33 PM
No idea, Clyde!
You know, we hardly get any baseball news around here once it is over for the season. Football just drowns all the other stuff out!

EZMONEY
11-17-2009, 01:36 PM
All the baseball news around here should be on Divorce Court TV!

Sweetcaroline
11-18-2009, 05:43 PM
Congrats going out to Scioscia and Tracey WTG !

Sweetcaroline
11-18-2009, 05:45 PM
Where's my baseball buddies?

Big award week. Who's going to get the Cy-Young?

Carp, Waino or Lincecum?

I'm here Clydegirl... I wasn't feeling well for awhile... but I'm BACK !

GARY.... so sorry to hear about your surgery, heal fast, ... gosh I disappear for a week and all heck breaks lose around here...

EZMONEY
11-18-2009, 06:54 PM
HA! SWEET-C....the site was down for a bunch of that time anyway I guess! Of course I was out of action for a few of those days.

Of course Tracy and Scioscia are managers of the year...ex-Dodgers!

Now I think it's a good idea the Dodgers didn't go after Zack Greinke of the Roylas in that trade...had no idea he has social anxiety issues...Los Angeles is not the place to be if you don't want to be around people! Congrats to his Cy Young.

Dodgers did get 2 Gold Gloves in 2nd baseman Orlando Hudson and center fielder Matt Kemp.

I say Lincecum...kicks our butt every time!

Sweetcaroline
11-18-2009, 07:35 PM
yup... we got the golden finger ... :kickcan:

Clydegirl
11-18-2009, 08:46 PM
Got to admire Greinke for all he's been through with the anxiety disorder.

Khalil Greene has the same thing. He did not have such a good year. I don't know if he will play again.

Caroline good to see you.

EZMONEY
11-18-2009, 08:50 PM
yup... we got the golden finger ... :kickcan:

FUNNY STUFF!!! It hurts to laugh...not kidding...stop..please STOP!!

Got to admire Greinke for all he's been through with the anxiety disorder.

Khalil Greene has the same thing. He did not have such a good year. I don't know if he will play again.

I meant to mention that BIG BIRD....thanks.

Caroline good to see you.

Great to see you gals :hug:

Sweetcaroline
11-18-2009, 09:12 PM
DIANE ???
BILL ???
:drill: I'm taking attendance...

EZMONEY
11-18-2009, 09:24 PM
HERE!!....as I look for a trash can to spit out my gum...

BillBlueEyes
11-18-2009, 09:57 PM
Present.

But, my dear friends, have you noticed that the season is OVER.

Caroline - who's coming back next year? I just read that we have two catchers anyway. What about Jason Bay?

Clydegirl
11-19-2009, 03:55 PM
Lincecum got the Cy-Young. Congrats.

Is Jason Bay not being resigned by the Sox?

Sweetcaroline
11-19-2009, 05:40 PM
Present.

But, my dear friends, have you noticed that the season is OVER.

Caroline - who's coming back next year? I just read that we have two catchers anyway. What about Jason Bay?

Good to see you Bill...

The more I read about deals and contracts the more confused I get....
I think that Varitek/Martinez deal is the only one signed, with Varitek taking a backseat to Victor...

Everyone's name is out there, lots of rumors.. Granderson if we lose Bay, will Billy Wagner retire with just 15 saves to 400... Wakefield retiring... will Papelbon be starting ? Holliday for Bay ?

My brain hurts... I'm most concerned about losing J-Bay, it will break my heart... can't even think of losing him to the Yankees... I think he's out there talking to teams as of tomorrow...

Sadly, Scott Boras will prolly make me cry at least once this off-season...

Clydegirl
11-19-2009, 08:26 PM
Don't like Scott Boras.

I mean how many millions of dollars do these players need?

It's ridiculous.

Sweetcaroline
11-24-2009, 11:15 PM
Congrats Mr. Pujols !!
Congrats Mr. Grienke !!

We have contracts here for you to sign when you're done with this award stuff....

Clydegirl
11-25-2009, 01:31 AM
Congrats Mr. Pujols !!
Congrats Mr. Grienke !!

We have contracts here for you to sign when you're done with this award stuff....

We still have him through 2011. Take a number :)

I would love for him to stay with the Cards. It's a joy to watch him play.

BillBlueEyes
11-25-2009, 05:40 AM
Speaking of taking a number -

SweetCaroline where do you stand with Jason Bay?

EZMONEY
11-25-2009, 08:02 PM
Been trying to get on for 2 hours....aaarrrggghhh

keeps saying server busy...

Read on SI that Jason Bay is the "over-rated" free agent for this year...Angels looking real close for him....

3 MVP's for this Albert guy...is he any good?

Saw where Andruw Jones signed with the White Sox...relieved!! Was sure the Dodgers might try to get him back since he hit under .250 with the Rangers....

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

Clydegirl
12-08-2009, 12:14 AM
Winter meetings.

Looks like the Cards have signed Brad Penny. A one year deal.

Also so glad to see Whitey Herzog being selected for the Hall of Fame.

BillBlueEyes
12-08-2009, 06:17 AM
All this constant chit chat is hard on a guy who only wants a left fielder for Christmas.

Are you signing someone SweetCaroline???

Clydegirl
12-08-2009, 09:32 AM
We need one :)

EZMONEY
12-08-2009, 09:45 AM
Guess it was your turn with Penny since Nation and I already had him.

JASON BAY may be able to keep his colors....Angles are real interested in him.

WE are going to have a tough time, with this divorce and all, during the free agent process...already allowing Wolf and Hudson to go...solid for us last year....

Sweetcaroline
12-09-2009, 05:34 PM
All this constant chit chat is hard on a guy who only wants a left fielder for Christmas.

Are you signing someone SweetCaroline???

Yes Bill, I was consulting with Theo on the Grandeson deal... once again, he didn't listen to me and Yankees scooped him up, though that might force Boston to keep Bay.... We need to hire a private investigator for these deals... lol

I don't know what's going on with J-Bay... I'm afraid to look at the progress of his talks... seems that everyone is interested in him... he needs to stay in the Boston red Gary... no light blue, no dark blue, no blue pinstripes,
just red with a big fat B on it...

Sorry about the MIA... kinda in a "F" mood lately, Family, Finances and Food... all of which are out of sorts... :?: Promise to show up more.. I missed you guys... and I should know better by now, that it helps me to be here.. feeling better already... :D

BillBlueEyes
12-10-2009, 06:48 AM
Ouch SweetCaroline for the out of sorts F's in your life. Remember that you're a Fan of the Sox also.

Sending cheerful thoughts for you to get back in your grove.

Then kindly call Theo and get the ball rolling on a left fielder before Gary snarfs up all the free agents.

EZMONEY
12-10-2009, 09:53 AM
big hugs SWEET-C :hug:

So sorry you are going through a rough patch right now...many around here are :(

The Angels will probably make some moves....Dodgers are wanting pitching...who doesn't!...but I am afraid that $$$ looks to be an issue for a good pitcher...I think they may wait and try and pick up those guys that "didn't go" in the free agent wave and sign them at a discount for a year....worked out well for them last year with Wolf...now he is gone.

Good to see THE TEAM still alive :)

EZMONEY
12-10-2009, 10:49 AM
Just read Mike Lowell is going to the Rangers....is that ok with you NATION?

Slashnl
12-10-2009, 05:40 PM
Hey all! I got nuthin to say. I have not been following the off season stuff going on with the Rockies. I know that we signed Betancourt and that they are working on the others. I guess we're trying to keep Giambi, too. I should go to the website and get some more info.

Miss you guys, though!

Sweetcaroline
12-10-2009, 07:49 PM
Just read Mike Lowell is going to the Rangers....is that ok with you NATION?

Thanks for the support guys... There is a light at the end of this tunnel somewhere... lol...

Mike was the WS MVP in 2007... He couldn't run well after the hip surgery, but still hit... I think they are a little too quick trading him... Too bad, I hear he is a great mentor... To answer your question Gary... not ok.... he is a first class guy... he will be missed....

Next............. urggghhh

Sweetcaroline
12-10-2009, 07:50 PM
Hey all! I got nuthin to say. I have not been following the off season stuff going on with the Rockies. I know that we signed Betancourt and that they are working on the others. I guess we're trying to keep Giambi, too. I should go to the website and get some more info.

Miss you guys, though!

Hi Diane !!!

EZMONEY
12-10-2009, 10:08 PM
Word around here is Bay is NOT an option for the Angels....

Clydegirl
12-10-2009, 10:16 PM
I saw on MLB that the Mets made Bay an offer.

If Bay leaves the Sox then I'm sure that they will make an offer to Holliday.

Clydegirl
12-10-2009, 10:17 PM
I miss my baseball buddies.

EZMONEY
12-10-2009, 10:29 PM
We miss you too Big Bird!

Sweetcaroline
12-10-2009, 11:02 PM
Hi Clydegirl !!

///////////// :grouphug: Group Hug...

EZMONEY
12-11-2009, 10:54 AM
Looks like my DODGERS are going to stand pat on their goal of being mediocre....so far anyway....

Slashnl
12-11-2009, 01:16 PM
I just hate to hear about all of the negotiations. It makes me nervous. Who are we going to lose????? Scary!

Sweetcaroline
12-11-2009, 07:32 PM
I saw on MLB that the Mets made Bay an offer.

If Bay leaves the Sox then I'm sure that they will make an offer to Holliday.

I read that Mets offered Bay 60 million over 4 yrs... and I don't think they are done talking. Word is Theo is 'okay' with taking this year to 'rebuild'... more like 'recycle' if you ask me... I can't read the blogs anymore...

OT: anyone seen the Donaghy interviews ? nothing like bringing down the entire NBA...

Clydegirl
12-12-2009, 01:25 AM
Caroline I don't know anything about basketball.

The Cardinals have made an offer to Holliday and they want an answer soon!!
All this greed annoys me. How many millions do these guys need?

EZMONEY
12-13-2009, 09:49 AM
Word out there this morning is Bay turned down a 60 million 4 year offer from the NATION....they are looking hard at Holliday....

guess baseball players are too concerned about the economy...

talk still says Bay isn't worth that kind of money...not that good an outfielder or avg. hitter....he has been let go by several teams...

Clydegirl
12-13-2009, 03:16 PM
Still no word on whether Holliday accepted the offer from the Cards.

I reckon he will be playing in Red this year just not Cardinal red.

Be careful Nation he has been known to drop balls!!

EZMONEY
12-13-2009, 03:20 PM
Sports Illustrated had the best and worst deals/non-deals of the winter meetings so far...

you got it...we are the worst!

Sweetcaroline
12-13-2009, 06:41 PM
Word out there this morning is Bay turned down a 60 million 4 year offer from the NATION....they are looking hard at Holliday....

guess baseball players are too concerned about the economy...

talk still says Bay isn't worth that kind of money...not that good an outfielder or avg. hitter....he has been let go by several teams...

Yes...Gary.... I had my facts mixed up... guess I couldn't imagine that he'd pass that up from Boston.... yikes... seems the longer the talks go on, the worse his stats look... :D I'm wondering if it's just the 'cute' factor blinding me... LOL...
I'm starting to get fed up with this outrageous money being paid on these guys. In the past I was able to ignore it because I love the game so much. But this year I just want to scream at all of them and call them bad names, really bad names ... :mad: 15 million for 162 games...
Bill will you do the math please......:dizzy: :write:

BillBlueEyes
12-13-2009, 07:48 PM
15 million for 162 games...
Bill will you do the math please....

Well.. at $100,000 per game he would get $16.2 million. The math would be easier if he simply asked for $1.2 million more, LOL.

EZMONEY
12-13-2009, 07:51 PM
I think you are on to something Agent BILL!

Sweetcaroline
12-13-2009, 08:21 PM
Still no word on whether Holliday accepted the offer from the Cards.

I reckon he will be playing in Red this year just not Cardinal red.

Be careful Nation he has been known to drop balls!!

aah Geez Clyde... hopefully he's past that trauma...

Sweetcaroline
12-13-2009, 08:28 PM
Well.. at $100,000 per game he would get $16.2 million. The math would be easier if he simply asked for $1.2 million more, LOL.

:( Thank you Agent Bill... So that's like $1100.00 per inning, $360 per out...
well alrighty then.. that's fair don't ya think...

EZMONEY
12-13-2009, 08:52 PM
OT: anyone seen the Donaghy interviews ? nothing like bringing down the entire NBA...

My dad and uncle told me years ago...over 20...that the NBA was fixed! These were not guys to just "throw" that out there...maybe they were right!

All this greed annoys me. How many millions do these guys need?

Coming from a fan of a team that just gave Brad Penny about 1 million a win for next year! ;)

BillBlueEyes
12-13-2009, 08:54 PM
:( Thank you Agent Bill... So that's like $1100.00 per inning, $360 per out...
well alrighty then.. that's fair don't ya think...

We agents are a little sensitive about money. Gotta ask you to divide 100 by 9 again ... this guy will get about $11,000 per inning, or $3,600 per out.

We're not talking plumber, or lawyer, or neuro-surgeon here, LOL.

EZMONEY
12-13-2009, 08:56 PM
Bill do you remember when Sandy Koufax and Don drysdale held out for the un-heard of $120,000 and $100,000 a year?

Clydegirl
12-14-2009, 05:53 PM
Some interesting moves today.

Sweetcaroline
12-14-2009, 10:56 PM
We agents are a little sensitive about money. Gotta ask you to divide 100 by 9 again ... this guy will get about $11,000 per inning, or $3,600 per out.

We're not talking plumber, or lawyer, or neuro-surgeon here, LOL.

..... :lol: :lol: Good Grief Charlie Brown... I knew I should have used a calculator... how embarrassing...
that's why I need you Bill... lol... BTW I'll take the plumber...

EZMONEY
12-15-2009, 10:45 AM
Nice pick up of LACKEY NATION!

Slashnl
12-15-2009, 11:21 AM
That was an interesting trade trio with Halliday. Fun stuff.

Sweetcaroline
12-15-2009, 09:38 PM
Nice pick up of LACKEY NATION!

Yabba - Dabba - Do

BillBlueEyes
12-15-2009, 10:56 PM
So, I'm sitting here staring at left field with tears in my eyes and Theo "re-gifts" us Lackey from the Angels.

Think I'll just celebrate for a bit and assume no one hits toward the green monsta', LOL.

EZMONEY
12-15-2009, 11:04 PM
Bill you got a decent outfielder in Mike Cameron today too...

Sweetcaroline
12-16-2009, 12:02 AM
I remain in denial...

BtW: What's a Boof Bonser ?

Sweetcaroline
12-16-2009, 12:05 AM
So, I'm sitting here staring at left field with tears in my eyes and Theo "re-gifts" us Lackey from the Angels.

Think I'll just celebrate for a bit and assume no one hits toward the green monsta', LOL.

Are you at Fenway ice skating Bill ??

Clydegirl
12-16-2009, 12:26 AM
So Nation people I'm hoping you can't afford Mr.Holliday?

Mind you I don't know if we can afford him either!!

BillBlueEyes
12-16-2009, 06:37 AM
Bill you got a decent outfielder in Mike Cameron today too...

BtW: What's a Boof Bonser ?

Gotta give Theo credit, he's doing something. The mind boggles a bit.

Alas, Sweetcaroline has the right idea. Just go to Fenway for the FREE ice skating that is being provided to the public - really guys, it's happening. The owners of the Red Sox love us.

With all this trading each season, I wonder if the public is going to catch on and quite buying those expensive jerseys with the player's name on the back. I've still got a "Martinez" that's drifted to the bottom of my closet, LOL.

Sweetcaroline
12-16-2009, 06:26 PM
So Nation people I'm hoping you can't afford Mr.Holliday?

Mind you I don't know if we can afford him either!!

Clydegirl, its like a human auction... I'm really not liking this stuff this year...

Bill... I'll never retire my Lowell jersey...

Slashnl
12-16-2009, 07:54 PM
Hi all. I know nothing of what is going on in baseball. I will try to keep up better after Christmas is over. I just wanted to say hi to my baseball friends!

Clydegirl
12-19-2009, 10:29 AM
I'm getting tired hearing the name Holliday.

Make up your mind. Stay or move on.

Sweetcaroline
12-19-2009, 10:35 PM
Hi Diane.... It will soon be Spring training... lol

Clydegirl I totally agree, kinda like the healthcare bill, just sign the stupid thing !... lol...

BillBlueEyes
12-20-2009, 07:15 AM
Bill... I'll never retire my Lowell jersey...Emergency interruption: trade off; you may continue to wear your Lowell jersey.

I assume that's good news, since I'm a Lowell fan also.

Clydegirl
12-20-2009, 12:15 PM
What happened?

Off to check MLB.

EZMONEY
12-20-2009, 01:38 PM
What happened?

NATION was trying to dump damaged goods...;)

Sweetcaroline
12-20-2009, 03:28 PM
Emergency interruption: trade off; you may continue to wear your Lowell jersey.

I assume that's good news, since I'm a Lowell fan also.

................ :dance:
I'm going to assume in my own little head that his hip 'passed' inspection....yup that's my story and I'm sticking to it... I have to go read more...

Sweetcaroline
12-20-2009, 03:33 PM
NATION was trying to dump damaged goods...;)

Gary, tis the season for receiving, re-gifting and returning damaged goods...
and its just a thumb :corn: ...
he'll only be using it the throw and catch from 3rd...:D

BillBlueEyes
12-24-2009, 08:35 AM
OK, Sweetcaroline, though I do appreciate you minding the store, what's up with leaking the news that you're thinking of increasing the Nation's offer to Bay?

Don't ya think that'll just encourage him to wait for more?

Or do you think we're done and just teasing the system so that the Evil Empire will offer more and they will have to pay the "luxury tax."

When I played Little League, it wasn't this complicated.

Sweetcaroline
12-24-2009, 06:08 PM
OK, Sweetcaroline, though I do appreciate you minding the store, what's up with leaking the news that you're thinking of increasing the Nation's offer to Bay?

Don't ya think that'll just encourage him to wait for more?

Or do you think we're done and just teasing the system so that the Evil Empire will offer more and they will have to pay the "luxury tax."

When I played Little League, it wasn't this complicated.

No such thing as 'leaks' anymore, one 'tweet' and its all over... :D

Orange Fanta and Bazooka gum was currency in our neighborhood and if the boys even spoke with a girl they were benched... No girls were allowed LOL...

I think Theo fell and hit his head on the ice at Fenway :stars:... I feel like this should have been a done deal weeks ago... I'm just a wee bit confused right now... its like a chess game... :?:

Clydegirl
12-28-2009, 09:03 PM
Looks like Mark DeRosa has signed with the Giants.

Who's on third?

EZMONEY
12-28-2009, 09:15 PM
WE picked up 2 Little Leaguers....they can play in the night games if they get their homework done....can only travel on spring and summer breaks though....

BillBlueEyes
12-29-2009, 07:13 PM
What happened, Sweetcaroline, how did Theo let Jason Bay sign up with the Mets (after a physical)?

Are we happy without him?

Sweetcaroline
12-31-2009, 08:00 PM
What happened, Sweetcaroline, how did Theo let Jason Bay sign up with the Mets (after a physical)?

Are we happy without him?

Bill, I'm never speaking to J-Bay or Theo ever again ! :snooty:
The 'pending physical' thing did crack me up though, do they think he might have a Lowell thumb-thingy.... :dizzy:
OK... I'm over it... next chapter...

Gary, did the boys pass their physicals ? at the pediatrician... :D

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE !!!
............ 2010

Clydegirl
12-31-2009, 10:54 PM
I'm getting tired of the Holliday drama!!!

How much money do you need Matt?

Happy New Year to my baseball friends.

Sweetcaroline
01-04-2010, 09:35 PM
I'm getting tired of the Holliday drama!!!

How much money do you need Matt?

Happy New Year to my baseball friends.

I know Clydegirl... isn't it sickening after awhile... by the end of the Jason Bay saga I just wanted to say "SHUT UP and sign something"... :D

These trade talks can go on until Spring training can't they ??

EZMONEY
01-04-2010, 09:38 PM
These trade talks can go on until Spring training can't they ??

According to word from my DODGERS camp....

these talks can go on at least until nap time for our prospects...

right now management cannot come to an agreement on lunch money....

Sweetcaroline
01-05-2010, 12:13 AM
According to word from my DODGERS camp....

these talks can go on at least until nap time for our prospects...

right now management cannot come to an agreement on lunch money....

Do any of these kids pitch ?

EZMONEY
01-05-2010, 01:07 AM
Do any of these kids pitch ?

They all throw the "Little League" curve....

Clydegirl
01-05-2010, 07:27 PM
Matt Holliday has signed with the Cards.

About time Matt. Took you long enough.

7 years $120 million :eek:

So how much is it going to cost me when we go to the games this year for food and drink? :faint:

I'm glad we got him but that's a lot of money. Albert's contract will be up in 2011 dear knows what it will cost to resign him :faint: :faint: :faint:

Sweetcaroline
01-05-2010, 08:19 PM
Matt Holliday has signed with the Cards.

About time Matt. Took you long enough.

7 years $120 million :eek:

So how much is it going to cost me when we go to the games this year for food and drink? :faint:

I'm glad we got him but that's a lot of money. Albert's contract will be up in 2011 dear knows what it will cost to resign him :faint: :faint: :faint:

... That's a big contract ! I'm glad that saga is over...

ADRIAN... ADRIAN...:?:
Sox signed Adrian Beltre ... will he play third base instead of Lowell ?? First base instead of Youk ??

EZMONEY
01-05-2010, 10:38 PM
Beltre was good for us a few years...I think he had those same fertility pills Manny did...

that's a lot of money for Holliday...wow....

guess the recession is over for baseball...at least in St. Louie!!!

Slashnl
01-06-2010, 12:55 PM
Wow, Clyde. I don't know if Matt is worth THAT much. Love the guy, but is anyone worth that much? But, congrats on keeping him there.

Sweetcaroline
01-06-2010, 05:44 PM
I would love to know the total MLB salaries for a year...
I'll bet it would put a dent in our national deficit... or purchase a small country in Africa...
BILL :write:...
just kidding,

... this stuff doesn't really bother me during the season, when the Sox are contending, I constantly say things like "Oh, I'm so glad we got him"... "He was worth every cent"..... must be the bipolar :dizzy:...

Sweetcaroline
01-06-2010, 05:53 PM
whoa........... Yankees should be ashamed of themselves....:D

2009 payroll

Yankees $201,449,189
Mets $149,373,987
Cubs $134,809,000
Red Sox $121,745,999
Tigers $115,085,145
Angels $113,709,000
Phillies $113,004,046
Astros $102,996,414
Dodgers $100,414,592
Mariners $98,904,166
Braves $96,726,166
White Sox $96,068,500
Giants $82,616,450
Indians $81,579,166
Blue Jays $80,538,300
Brewers $80,182,502
Cardinals $77,605,109
Rockies $75,201,000
Reds $73,558,500
Diamondbacks $73,516,666
Royals $70,519,333
Rangers $68,178,798
Orioles $67,101,666
Twins $65,299,266
Rays $63,313,034
Athletics $62,310,000
Nationals $60,328,000
Pirates $48,693,000
Padres $43,734,200
Marlins $36,834,000

SOURCE: USA Today

EZMONEY
01-06-2010, 06:30 PM
And just think...20 years ago OREL HERSHISER won the Cy Young...the NLCS MVP...and the World Series MVP....signed a 3year...

that's right....a 3 year contract for 7.9 million....

people couldn't stop talking about that for weeks....

how much per game...pitch...etc....and that was at a little over 1 million a year...

ho hum...to Holliday's almost 20 million a year for 7 years...

although baseball still seems a bit shocked at that contract...

hope it works out for BIG BIRD!!!

Clydegirl
01-06-2010, 08:56 PM
I hope so too Gary.

That works out at just over $100,000 per game.

Sweetcaroline
01-07-2010, 10:29 PM
And the countdown begins..........
Feb. 18 — Spring training: Reporting day for Red Sox pitchers and catchers; MLB voluntary reporting date for pitchers, catchers and injured players

EZMONEY
01-07-2010, 10:49 PM
I'm ready TEAM...

let's meet at the park and throw a few.....

Sweetcaroline
01-07-2010, 11:47 PM
Speaking of that, I think I'll look for a mitt to have around... I've never had one... do you guys have mitts ?

EZMONEY
01-08-2010, 12:01 AM
Speaking of that, I think I'll look for a mitt to have around... I've never had one... do you guys have mitts ?

:carrot: I DO!! In fact about 6 years ago my son got it restrung at the sporting goods store he worked at through high school and college...

too bad my shoulder is so busted up from hanging and taping drywall to throw now....:(

but I sure remember the days when he was a little guy waiting for me to come home to play catch almost every single day....good times :)

Clydegirl
01-08-2010, 12:23 AM
40 days, won't be long :)

I don't have a glove. I've never thrown a baseball.

Slashnl
01-08-2010, 12:35 PM
Clyde! You need to get a glove and get in the game! :) Just kidding. I have a glove and we have a series of gloves for my son from when he was little up to now. Of course, now he has a first baseman's glove, a fielding glove and a catcher's glove. I have my husband's old glove. But now it is getting to the point that I can't catch what my son is throwing.

I do have him signed up for the new season, so it is on its way!!! Wouldn't believe it when you walk outside and your lips freeze together, but it is coming!

Sweetcaroline
01-08-2010, 06:49 PM
40 days, won't be long :)

I don't have a glove. I've never thrown a baseball.

..... :fr: :fr: wow, that's amazing... maybe you should get a glove too.... or at least the ball Clyde... :D

I was going to look for a second hand glove, but a friend told me that I should get a brand new one and 'break it in'.... I'm not quite sure what he meant... sounded like a project, oiling it every day and wrapping the ball in it every night... was he fooling with me ? ... LOL... I thought I knew a lot of BB... I'm off to google this glove thing....
I've got a wee bit of a crush on this guy... this could work out great ! ;) sorry... a bit OT... crushes at 50.. lol...:goodvibes

EZMONEY
01-08-2010, 09:23 PM
SWEET-C ~

take new glove ~ oil it with baseball glove oil or saddle soap or olive oil ~ place baseball in it ~ wrap rubberband around it ~ sleep on it....

do this every day for a few weeks....then....

PLAY BALL!

Sweetcaroline
01-08-2010, 10:00 PM
sleep on it ?

Diane, did your lips really stick together ?.... please don't put your tongue on a metal pole.. lol....

EZMONEY
01-08-2010, 10:40 PM
sleep on it?.....

Under your pillow....

Sweetcaroline
01-08-2010, 11:52 PM
stop it.... I'm not putting that smelly thing under my pillow...

BILL..... you OK ?

Clydegirl
01-09-2010, 12:36 AM
That's what I thought! Sleep on it.

Caroline oh, any more information?

Crushes at 50, do tell.

BillBlueEyes
01-09-2010, 06:39 AM
stop it.... I'm not putting that smelly thing under my pillow...

BILL..... you OK ?Yep, OK, but avoiding this discussion about zillion dollar salaries. It makes it hard for me to enjoy watching spring baseball.

And you should only use Neatsfoot oil on leather gloves. It must be true because we did that as kids before the Internet. Makes sense because it's derived from cattle to be used to treat leather.

Which raises the question:

What would happen if one of the "boys" went vegan? No leather. No wool.

Sweetcaroline
01-09-2010, 07:21 PM
Good to see you Bill... I don't blame you for 'tuning out' a little during these salary talks... I let myself get carried away and was feeling negative about the game.. I'm done with it ... "It is what it is"... Gosh I hate that saying, but I think it's appropriate for me right now....

A majority of Red Sox tix are going on sale this month, but the date is still TBD.... I'm signed up for every alert possible...

I've been pricing gloves... geez they are expensive, I think I'll be purchasing a 'youth' glove... lol... and Neatsfoot it is, Bill...

OT: No boys allowed :sssh:
Clydegirl... yes :o, he's a neighbor that I cross paths with on a daily basis so this could be very tricky or very perfect... I'll keep you posted.

Slashnl
01-09-2010, 07:35 PM
Ok, a little exaggeration about frozen lips. However, it was below zero overnight.
I've never had a new glove, so I can't help you out there.

*** Love the crush talk, though. :D ***

EZMONEY
01-10-2010, 11:16 PM
kiss and tell SWEET-C.....kiss and tell....

Clydegirl
01-11-2010, 04:44 PM
Mark McGwire finally admits to taking steroids.

About time.

Sweetcaroline
01-11-2010, 06:05 PM
Mark McGwire finally admits to taking steroids.

About time.

Yes, it is about time... Clydegirl, did the coaching offer come before or after the admission...

Clydegirl
01-11-2010, 08:38 PM
Before.

They picked him up as batting coach in November I think.

They said he would have to discuss his past before he could go forward. I'm glad he's doing it now before Spring Training starts.

Let's hope it doesn't become a 3 ring circus.

Sweetcaroline
01-11-2010, 10:33 PM
kiss and tell SWEET-C.....kiss and tell....

:sssh: :sssh: :sssh:

EZMONEY
01-11-2010, 10:53 PM
I think this will be the first step in the right direction for Mark to be able to REALLY move forward.

I believe he is a good guy and believe he is sorry for the steroid use.

We need to remember it was not illegal when most of these guys started it...but we all know they knew it was wrong. The denial thing hurt many of them.

I vaguely remember these guys being asked how their arms got so huge "overnight"...and getting the "milkshake" answer time and time again...

I think Mark still has a lot to offer baseball, especially the Cardinals....

I do not feel however that he is a Hall Of Fame candidate with or without steroids.

Sweetcaroline
01-28-2010, 05:54 PM
Just 15 days till "Truck Day"...

:corn: :yay:

BillBlueEyes
01-28-2010, 09:23 PM
Sweetcaroline - ya gonna go watch?

Betcha none of the others knows what we're celebrating, LOL.

EZMONEY
01-28-2010, 09:31 PM
no clue....do tell NATION

Clydegirl
01-28-2010, 11:55 PM
I know, a wee birdie told me :)

Clydegirl
01-28-2010, 11:59 PM
Just one question what's so special about the Dodgers?

Wait could it be Manny!!!!

EZMONEY
01-29-2010, 12:15 AM
Just one question what's so special about the Dodgers?

Wait could it be Manny!!!!

Is that Mark guy still :cry:crying:cry: over there Big Bird? ;)

Clydegirl
01-29-2010, 12:21 AM
Is that Mark guy still :cry:crying:cry: over there Big Bird? ;)

You have no idea. Spring Training is going to be a circus.

I reckon they should set up a dunk tank and put him in it. Then everyone can have a shot!!

Sweetcaroline
01-29-2010, 01:28 AM
no clue....do tell NATION

Truck Day is when the moving truck pulls up to Fenway and they load up all the players equipment, fans gather at the gate and wave as it drives off to Fort Myers FLA... :sunny: Ahhhh.. Red Sox Nation sure knows how to have a good time...

Actually Bill we did go in 2005... there were many 100's of people there... and we never saw the truck ... we nearly froze to death..........

EZMONEY
01-29-2010, 09:49 AM
[COLOR="Blue"]Truck Day is when the moving truck pulls up to Fenway and they load up all the players equipment, fans gather at the gate and wave as it drives off to Fort Myers FLA... :sunny: Ahhhh.. ....COLOR]

I bet there were years when NATION didn't want them to come back :D

Sweetcaroline
01-30-2010, 06:39 PM
I bet there were years when NATION didn't want them to come back :D

Absolutely a few years we just waved and prayed they would pick up some hitch-hickers along the way that could pitch or hit......

I spent a good part of today in the Red Sox Ticket 'virtual waiting room' kinda fun... for about 2 mins... I didn't get any tix... my budget calls for bleachers only and they went fast... I blew my first chance, I got into the ordering room and couldn't read those stupid scrambled phrases fast enough.. then I couldn't input my info quickly enough and got booted out...
It was like a game show... ready> set> go>...you have 3 mins... tick tock... HONK you lose...

Today the majority of single game tix went on sale... the 'big' games ie; Yankee and big seats ie; green monster are sold separately on a diff day, which is TBD...
GARY, the Dodgers series is right up there in the 'special' category with the Yankees...to be sold separately... I can't imagine why... could it be a certain left fielder will be back in town..

thank goodness for Ebay...

EZMONEY
01-31-2010, 11:35 PM
I gave up trying to buy tickets several years ago...it was just a waste of my time trying to beat the "business"....for 1-2 games for my family....for a decent game and decent seats....at a decent price....

I have really been soured on certain parts of the "game"....

but I will never sour on the memories the "game" has brought to my family!

Saw the sign on the corner for Little League sign-ups today....

it's coming TEAM...it's coming!!!

Slashnl
02-01-2010, 07:36 PM
You know it! The local college team has started practice. They even had the boys out on the field, shovelling off the snow! Yay!
Also the JUCO rankings are out, so any day now... any day... any day...

EZMONEY
02-03-2010, 09:14 AM
There was a story about one of yours in my devotionals this morning BIG BIRD...

http://www.lhm.org/dailydevotions.asp

Sweetcaroline
02-05-2010, 06:51 PM
This year I'm going to buy tickets to the Lowell Spinners minor league games, the stadium is nearby and you never know who'll be there... on a warm July night, I just like to be outside at a baseball game...

Clydegirl
02-05-2010, 07:44 PM
There was a story about one of yours in my devotionals this morning BIG BIRD...

http://www.lhm.org/dailydevotions.asp

He's a fine young man.

Clydegirl
02-08-2010, 01:34 PM
Does anyone do Fantasy Baseball?

EZMONEY
02-08-2010, 09:14 PM
Does anyone do Fantasy Baseball?

I tried it once...

didn't work too well for me...

I found out Britney Spears couldn't hit a curve and Katherine Heigl couldn't bunt...

so much for my fantasy....;)

Sweetcaroline
02-12-2010, 09:03 PM
........IT's Here... It's here...FINALLY... It's Truck Day... It's Truck Day... :cp: :sunny:

Pitchers and Catchers report in 5 days, 16 hours and 2 mins........ but who's counting...

Sweetcaroline
02-12-2010, 09:05 PM
I tried it once...

didn't work too well for me...

I found out Britney Spears couldn't hit a curve and Katherine Heigl couldn't bunt...

so much for my fantasy....;)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

EZMONEY
02-12-2010, 11:02 PM
Angels report on Wed/17

Dodgers report Sat/20

**** yeah

Clydegirl
02-13-2010, 12:04 AM
Reporting in.

Cardinals Wed 17th.

Sweetcaroline
02-15-2010, 09:01 PM
........:cloud9:
....................:cloud9:
.................................:cloud9:

Can't wait for this thread to be hoppin :bunny2: :gossip:

:corn:

EZMONEY
02-15-2010, 10:23 PM
Be patient SWEET-C...

remember girl you waited once for almost 100 years for a World Series Championship!

Sweetcaroline
02-15-2010, 10:40 PM
Oh Yes Gary, I'm a very patient girl.... thankfully I have the olympics to hold my attention for a bit....

:coach: BILL, did you head down to Ft. Myers or somethin ?

BillBlueEyes
02-15-2010, 11:01 PM
:coach: BILL, did you head down to Ft. Myers or somethin ?Yep, I'm down here for the duration, LOL. Team needs some work and I need the warmth.

How's the weather back up there? You guys still cold?

Sweetcaroline
02-16-2010, 05:28 PM
Good to see you Bill.... its 60 degrees and sunny up here today lol...
Please give Dice-K some pointers... show him the difference between strikes and balls...

Now all we need is Diane to check in and we'll have the 'core' thread up running in no time...

EZMONEY
02-16-2010, 09:05 PM
Diane is alive and well...in my bologna thread....

Clydegirl
02-17-2010, 02:18 PM
I'm a happy camper.

Gary,oh thread master, new season do you think this deserves a new thread?

Slashnl
02-17-2010, 04:37 PM
Oh ya, I'm here! So ready! I'm liking the reports from Rockies rumor mill so far. :)

Gary, we do need a new thread. This one is tired. We need something exciting to start the new season!! Be exciting, Gary!!

Sweetcaroline
02-17-2010, 06:36 PM
Ya... be exciting Gary... use lots of smilies and be funny as always... no pressure... lol...

BillBlueEyes
02-17-2010, 06:59 PM
Besides the mods will close this out at 500 posts.

Better to give ourselves a little leeway just in case somebody finds us here and adds comments.

[Or the Red Sox need lots of help, LOL.]

Clydegirl
02-17-2010, 07:12 PM
And why do we have to be in the Games forum?

BillBlueEyes
02-17-2010, 07:17 PM
And why do we have to be in the Games forum?

Are you raising the issue that Baseball is a Profession, not a Game? Is there a Professions Forum?

EZMONEY
02-17-2010, 08:45 PM
too funny BILL

Clydegirl
02-17-2010, 08:55 PM
Are you raising the issue that Baseball is a Profession, not a Game? Is there a Professions Forum?

It's a game granted but all the other games in here are word games.

BillBlueEyes
02-17-2010, 09:24 PM
It's a game granted but all the other games in here are word games.
"If you come to a fork in the road, take it."

Nobody beat Yogi Berra for words, LOL.

Slashnl
02-18-2010, 02:52 PM
Ok, if we have a new thread that ISN'T in the game forum, let me know. I don't want to be left out.

I will track you all down and find you!!!

ButterFly49
02-18-2010, 05:16 PM
I'm in the witness protection program, they'll never find me here. Anytime you use words - it's a game.

BillBlueEyes
02-18-2010, 07:29 PM
"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."

Thank you Yogi Berra.