Old 10-23-2009, 04:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/226/140

Height: 5'5

Default Atkins Shakes!

ok so i just tried the vanilla atkins shake...and I'm in LOVE! hah. very tasty and very filling without the carbs, very good
i saw a few other different flavors but was unsure what ones were the best, if you've tried them let me know what your favs are! and i was just curious if they're the same price everywhere or if anyone knew a cheaper way to get them.
time4metamorphosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:40 PM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Personally, I'd be very cautious of Atkins shakes. The label claims they are "appropriate for Induction"....yet, they contain milk....which is not "appropriate for Induction".
When I put the information on the vanilla flavor shakes into the hidden carb counter.....these shakes true carb count came to 5.77 grams.....Atkins Nutritionals advertises them as 0 net carbs
I might consider these in an emergency when no other low carb food were available...but...certainly not as an everyday staple.

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 10-23-2009 at 06:41 PM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 233/226/140

Height: 5'5

oooooooooooooooooooo. very tricky tricky stuff. maybe i'll just keep a few for like u said emergencies or somethin. thanks for the info!
time4metamorphosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:38 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 216/202/145

Height: 5' 6"

Thanks for the info on Atkins shakes. They finally brought back some coffee flavored ones in my area and I actually bought several packs.

I will stick them in my car for an emergency only!!!
wyo rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:23 AM   #5  

Height: 5'6"

I like the Strawberry ones the best. I keep them for emergencies and if I just don't have time to cook something to eat.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote