Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-22-2009, 07:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8''

Default halloween bummer :-(

So I get my halloween costume in the mail today and wouldn't ya know....it DOESN'T fit! I ordered a s/m because they said that would fit 7,9,11 and I'm somewhere (at least I think) between 9 and 11. I put that thing and it didn't even cover my butt!!!! Not to mention my chest looked horrifically small and I just looked flat out FAT. Trying to not let this get me down because this is my fourth day of being binge free.....but there's always some stupid part of me that thinks BECAUSE I've been binge free for 4 days, I'll just magically look thinner. I swear if I could figure out the gene that causes impatience I'd so make a drug to treat it! Sorry....(in pharmacy school here lol) I think a part of me secretly wanted the outfit to not fit, even though it cost me $55, because that night will also be my best friends bachelorette party and we'll be eating pizza by her parents house before going out to the bars. I was a little hesitant about wearing some skimpy tight halloween costume all night because I'm sure I'll wind up indulgeing a little too much with the pizza. *sigh* I just wanted to like what I saw when I looked in the mirror..but yet again, disappointment. Bleh

~D~
duqserb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 11:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Ah, chin up, duqserb! I am sure you didn't look as bad as you think, but I know how you feel. I will think that I am making progress and then look in the mirror and think I look awful. It is discouraging! But, you are not far from your goal. Keep your eyes on the prize!

Have a fun Halloween!

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 146/139/133

Height: 5'7"

Default Junior Sizes?

Don't let it get you down, D! Numbers on the scale and numbers on the tag are just numbers--they do not define you and they don't have anything to do with your value! There is so much more to you than a number!

Besides, I wonder if the costume you ordered is Junior sized and not Misses. Junior sizes are designed for skinny teens with no curves. Even if I was at my lowest weight, I would not fit well into junior sizes because I have curves. Love your curves, D! (and from what I hear, guys love them too!)

Don't let this discourage you! Stay with us!
KarenLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

D, a lot of costumes are sized really funny - honestly. Don't let it discourage you! I got one one year when I was at my lowest weight (125, and I'm 5'4") and I needed a LARGE. At the time I was a solid small in everything else - but I tried it on and that's what I needed.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:04 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8''

Thanks guys! Honestly it didn't really discourage me..what are the chances that something I order online is going to fit me anyway? Especially when I don't have the typical barbie body of big boobs and skinny waist haha It just sucks that I blew $55 on it and I don't think I an return it :-( Oh well....I'm still going to have an awesome halloween cuz it's my best friends bacherlorette party too! :-) I think I learned my lesson though and won't be buying any more halloween costumes online lol

~D~

duqserb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Because so many costumes are so cheaply made, I wouldn't think too much more about it. The sizings can be way off--either way too big or way too small. I notice it even in the kids costumes.

You still have time to figure out something for Halloween! Black leotard and tights--make yourself some ears and a tail---you could be a cat. Just one idea--but I am sure you have tons of others. I am sure you'll look great!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote