100 lb. Club - OT-my dog

View Full Version : OT-my dog

paris81
10-22-2009, 10:24 AM
Hi everyone,

We had to put my dog down last night. She doesn't live with me, but with my parents in a different city. We've had her since I was 12 years, before I moved away, so now she's over 15. She had a lovely life, she was so loved, and I just can't believe she's gone. I just need a little extra support, and I know everyone here is good at that. I'm sure that the other dog owners out there can imagine, or know, how hard this.

Onederchic
10-22-2009, 10:25 AM
Awww, I know how you feel and I am so sorry. Big big :hug: for you.

lambchop
10-22-2009, 10:46 AM
I'm sorry to hear of your loss

L R K
10-22-2009, 10:49 AM
It's always hard to lose something you love - I feel for you :hug:

jelder227
10-22-2009, 11:01 AM
I'm so sorry to hear it - we lost our 14 year old golden last January. It is hard. They are so much a part of your life.

paris81
10-22-2009, 11:14 AM
Thanks everyone. They really are apart of your family. So sweet, with those eyes that just stare at you! I remember, when I would watch a sad movie on TV or something, if I started crying, she would jump up and try to comfort me (she was very tiny, only about 8 lbs). So sweet!

AbbySinthe
10-22-2009, 11:20 AM
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I have 2 dogs (we always lived in apts so these are my first dogs) and can't imagine my life without them. I totally feel for you. :( BIG :hug:

bcort
10-22-2009, 11:30 AM
I'm sorry - I well remember the 2 lovely dogs I've had in my life. They bring such joy to our lives. Hugs.

JustBeckyV
10-22-2009, 11:37 AM
It is so hard to lose one of your loved ones!! I am so sorry for your loss - big huggles to you!

junebug41
10-22-2009, 11:41 AM
I am so sorry for your loss :hug:

Stylist83
10-22-2009, 11:46 AM
Its hard , and im so sorry about your loss I know it would be so hard especially having something for so long thats a big part of your family. Again im sorry and you will get through this...you have alot of ppl here to support you. !

VickieLou
10-22-2009, 11:54 AM
I'm sorry to hear about losing your Dog. :grouphug:

ubergirl
10-22-2009, 11:56 AM
Oh, so sorry to hear this That's a hard loss.

LesliesMom
10-22-2009, 02:11 PM
I feel for you. We've always had dogs, and "my" first dog once moving out on my own is now about 18. We got her in 1995 from the humane society and the vet figured she was 3 or 4 then. She's a sheltie and just now is starting to slow down a bit, somedays she looks great and others she barely does anything except sleep. It's hard to know her time is short.

Big hug for you!

Angie

GirlyGirlSebas
10-22-2009, 02:47 PM
I'm so sorry. :hug: We had to put one of our bunnies to sleep this morning. I've been crying for most of the day. I love having animals, but parting with them is tough.

paris81
10-22-2009, 03:50 PM
Thanks everyone, you're all so sweet.

Missy09
10-22-2009, 04:24 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. I have two dogs of my own and couldn't imagine how difficult losing one of them would be. They're both rather young so I haven't had to deal with an aging pet yet, but you have my condolences. :hug:

mj5
10-22-2009, 04:27 PM
I am so very sorry. We have two dogs and I can't even think about losing them. Sending you big hugs!!!!

Shannon in ATL
10-22-2009, 04:32 PM
I'm sorry honey. I know how hard it is. :hug:

cfmama
10-23-2009, 12:41 AM
I am so sorry that you lost your furbaby :( That is NEVER easy :(

AR4life
10-23-2009, 12:58 AM
:hug: it's never easy saying goodbye to our furry friends :( time does help to heal but the pain is very real and raw. Take care hun :hug:

paris81
10-23-2009, 01:29 AM
Thanks everyone. It is just such a strange feeling, to know that she's not around anymore. I don't know myself without her.

I almost used it as an excuse to binge. I was sooo close. But luckily, I already had plans to meet friends for drinks, and I forced myself to go even though I wanted to eat and wallow and cry. It was much better to go out and be distracted than to stay in. Although now I'm glad to be home.

Institches21
10-23-2009, 02:04 AM
Paris81 I'm so sorry, it's funny how they ask for nothing but your love, it's so easy to love them, but so truly hard to see them leave. Just remember all the joy your little four-legged friend brought into your life.

GirlyGirl-so sorry about your little bunny, never easy to say good-bye.

Creeech
10-23-2009, 02:16 AM
I totally understand what you're going through, my dog is fighting tongue tumors right now and I know he'll be leaving us soon. I'm so sorry about your loss :[ you'll be in my thoughts <3

-Stephy

Suezeeque
10-23-2009, 04:07 AM
My son has four large dogs; three Saints and one German Shepard. They are still young but for some reason the other day it hit him that one day they will die. He just said it to me like how could he possibly live with that. I think myself, that animals really are here to teach us how to live and how to die, and the inevitability of death for all of us. Dogs live in the moment and forgive almost anything, they comfort us when we are sick or sad, and they never expect anything except hopefully our love and a little dog food. And they know how to be happy over any little thing. They have so many lessons for us. Losing someone who was such a large part of your life is very hard. Time is the only thing that will help. So, just hang in there.

paris81
10-23-2009, 10:14 AM
I think myself, that animals really are here to teach us how to live and how to die, and the inevitability of death for all of us. Dogs live in the moment and forgive almost anything, they comfort us when we are sick or sad, and they never expect anything except hopefully our love and a little dog food. And they know how to be happy over any little thing. They have so many lessons for us.

Absolutely. People say that parents love their children unconditionally, but that's not really true, and they will judge you-I've seen numerous posts about family difficulties. But none about dogs. They don't judge you at all. She was the only one who genuinely didn't even know that I was overweight, who loved me no matter what, and whenever I needed her.

FitGirlyGirl
10-23-2009, 10:48 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. I understand. I had my first dog (Punkin) from the time I was 1 until I was nearly 16 and as I type I am watching my 14 year old cat (Fuzz) nibble at her breakfast. I still find myself crying over Punkin some days, even more now that Fuzz has gotten older. She's in good health right now, but I know her time will come and it breaks my heart. Very often the furry people are the best kind of people. You will probably never get over it completely, but time will give you the strength to handle it.

Beverlyjoy
10-23-2009, 11:00 AM
I am a pet lover too. I am so sorry to hear this. Pet's are definately part of the family.

SuchAPrettyFace
10-24-2009, 04:09 AM
I'm sorry to hear about this. We've lost 3 & it doesn't get easier. Not looking forward to the next one, we've had him 14 years & he is my baby.

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

^^:hug:

paris81
10-25-2009, 09:37 PM
Thank you Pretty Face, that was such a touching video.

DCHound
10-25-2009, 10:33 PM
I'm so sorry--that is always so hard. Big hugs.

Rosinante
10-26-2009, 04:50 AM
Big hugs and licks (accordingly) from me and my 5 - all aged 14 now, time shortening but they're still happy.