Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-21-2009, 05:25 PM   #1  

Height: 5'3"

Default 5-day binge

My marriage is a wreck and my professional life is slowly imploding. I have been on a 5-day binge where I mostly don't eat all day because I'm busy and nervous and then consume about 1,000 calories of starchy, salty food between 8pm and 10pm. I just can't seem to quit it.

I have to see my trainer tomorrow who is going to rip me a new one for my weight being up. (Luckily, it's only up about 2lbs. -- amazingly enough!) But, I feel like a disgusting glutton.

I cleaned my entire workspace and tried to remember that life is what you make of it. I pretended today was the first day of my "new job", even though I have the same ol' job and it is pretty ****ty right now. I told a few coworkers about my new strategy and approach to work. One gave me a "good luck on your first day at your new job" card and the other brought me flowers to make sure I knew people cared about me here. So, I had a pretty OK day today! But it's only 5:23...

What do you do when you feel like this?
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 05:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

Ugh.......it's so hard to stay on track when life is going crazy. Try to remember that eating more is not going to solve any of the problems that are going on. It is only a "quick fix" to stress and will actually make you feel even more upset afterwards or the next day. Maybe cut up some fruit/berries and have them in the fridge to snack on at that time of day.

Hope this helps!
kellost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 05:55 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I remind myself that hard times are not a Free Food Card.

You need to eat regular meals on time, first of all. Don't tell me about busy, nervous, etc. You know how to get yourself some food before you run off to work and start in with the drama. YOU are in charge of what and when you eat, no one else. Good food habits have to work ALL the time, not just when things are going smoothly...

Step away from the bag of chips!

Could I please speak to the Adult in charge? Listen, you're letting the Child Within run wild. That's not what she needs to do. She needs some stability and reliability, so do some planning for her! Breakfast, even if it's only a protein bar and some milk. Mid-morning snack. Lunch. You know the drill.

No one can do this but you...

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:09 PM   #4  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I agree with JayEll. It's really tough to get a grip when things are rough, but a breakfast of some sort is crucial. Studies show repeatedly that people who don't eat breakfast are a lot heavier. I'm sorry to hear that work is so awful right now. Many people feel this way these days, but if you can get your eating under control, you will feel SO MUCH BETTER. Eating just numbs the feelings of unhappiness temporarily, but eventually, they will come back even worse and you'll wish you had stopped the binge. 5 days is easy to undo. I had a binge that lasted 8 months. No kidding. I went from being thin to obese and I didn't care....well....I didn't let myself care. I didn't want to feel the pain that I had/have going on in my life. I still have this pain, but now that my eating is in my control, life feels a lot more predictable and manageable. Eating out of control doesn't solve anything. You are so smart to come here for support and it's great that you have a trainer...someone is helping to keep you accountable. Just go in there and accept your actions and get back on track. You can DO THIS!!!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'6"

I think it's helpful to "fast forward". Stop and think for a second- if I do this behavior (or don't do it), how am I going to feel in three hours?
Sailorlal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:57 PM   #6  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

I think jay said it best. Get back in there and keep fighting!
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

I think you also need to forgive yourself. Its easy to just keep saying "i've messed it up, i might as well keep going" and convince yourself that you're not worth it. But you are, despite how stressful things are. Bring healthy foods with you, make sure you're eating...and if you fee a binge coming on, go see a friend, head to the gym, anything to get you away from the situation.
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 07:59 AM   #8  
No description available.

Hey girl,

I'm so sorry. You've gotten some good advice. Throw the brakes on and PLAN your next bite, your next meal, your next day. Good nutrition is so important and helps us get through the problems we have to face. Arm yourself with only the best!!!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote